Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: Robyn the Peacemaker

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

Just reminiscing on how this series started off.  This family appeared to have it all figured out, except for the finances.  Along comes TLC and PAYDIRT!  They get to showcase their lovely selves, their lovely lives and lovely family.  Increase awareness of this fabulous lifestyle and pay off some bills in the process.  Their first paychecks may have seemed like manna from heaven.

If you read their book, it was never as good as those initial episodes tried to make it appear. Janelle had moved out for several years, and Meri was always horrible. And someone else said Christine was actually on food stamps for a while. It may have seemed more blissful when there were lots of cute babies arriving every year, but it was never a great marriage. 

• Love 17
On 3/2/2021 at 10:12 AM, Persnickety1 said:

I remember eye rolling so hard I found parts of brain I didn't know I had.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 3/1/2021 at 1:08 PM, poeticlicensed said:

Guessing Mariah wants some TLC $$. We will have a "My Big Gay Polygamist wedding" storyline

But, ya know? This was done YEARS ago on Grey's Anatomy.

I'm over it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

For anyone feeling emotions when Kody discussed "going back to Lehi to put Drake to sleep" I suggest you watch that talking head again.  TLC expertly inserted flashbacks to illicit emotion about poor Drake and we all know the pain of letting go of our beloved fur babies to relate.

Watch it again, but close your eyes and only listen to what he says without the visual flashback. In no way were those tears brought on for the loss of Drake. What actually broke him up was HIS loss of the one house where he was free to run around and everyone else made everything work. He was discussing the fact that going back to Lehi with Drake was the time when he first allowed himself to feel the emotion (since they moved from Lehi to LV) of the true loss of the close proximity of the family.  He didn't realize exactly what he had in Lehi until he moved to LV and they were all separated in their original rentals.  ONLY after returning with Meri and Mariah when they traveled with Drake did he feel the true emotion of the loss of the Lehi house.

If you go back to the episode with Drake he is breaking ground behind the tree and breaks down over his sadness of seeing all his kids playing together in the house/yard.

Kody has time and time again shown disdain for dogs.  In the first episode he put Drake down because he wasn't as intelligent as the farm dogs Kody grew up with.  He said that if you spoke to those dogs they spoke BACK and made it clear that he thought Drake was an oaf of a dog.  He has also shown dislike for dogs when talking about Christine getting a puppy for Gwen last season. It was obvious he doesn't like dogs.

Feel for Drake, but don't waste your feelings for Kody.

• Useful 4
  • Love 10

It seems Kody’s really exhausted with the whole situation.  It doesn’t really matter what Meri says, she’ll likely change her mind sooner or later.  I think he wants Meri to leave permanently.   And, I think that Robyn exasperates him too.  I have suspected that Kody and Robyn  are not nearly as solid as you would think.  

I refuse to interpret the adult kids not appearing on the show as a rejection of their father. 

I suspect Kody feels that he’s not really a part of a plural family any longer and that is not in keeping with his faith. He seems freaked out about it.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I refuse to interpret the adult kids not appearing on the show as a rejection of their father.

Agree.  They are grown and living their own lives.  They usually show up for some of the holidays.  Some are working full time and going to school full time.  They can't just drop everything and head to Arizona.

• Love 4
On 3/3/2021 at 10:30 PM, 65mickey said:

Exactly. The land known as Coyote Pass is not going to be developed. The arguing over who gets what plot is pointless. It is simply being done to keep the show on TLC and the money rolling in because like Yeah No said they have nothing else to offer for filming. Well maybe now they will have Mariah and Audrey. The rest of the adult children probably have bettter sense to get mixed up in the mess. Who really thinks that Mariah will have her credits trasnferred to Utah University or whatever college she mentioned and finish her degree?  She should have finished her MSW by now. She has probably lost interest in social work and wants to move on to something more to her liking.

I remember she wanted to be a doctor and had to return to Utah because she was definitely going to be a plural wive. I wonder if she still sulks and throws tantrums when she doesn't get her own way. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Just Wondering said:

Same.  A couple of episodes ago, Kody mentioned having dinner with Logan.

I wonder if Logan restrained himself from ordering a cocktail and a pork based meal in deference to his father's religious 'convictions'?

• LOL 12
12 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I wonder if Logan restrained himself from ordering a cocktail and a pork based meal in deference to his father's religious 'convictions'?

I hope Logan ordered a Long Island Iced Tea and a pulled pork sandwich with extra pork on the side.

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
On 3/7/2021 at 7:57 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

It seems Kody’s really exhausted with the whole situation.  It doesn’t really matter what Meri says, she’ll likely change her mind sooner or later.  I think he wants Meri to leave permanently.   And, I think that Robyn exasperates him too.  I have suspected that Kody and Robyn  are not nearly as solid as you would think.  

Ha!! I watched the bonus version of this show last night.  There was nothing in the bonus section that added anything, but I had earlier watched one of the shows from season 2 or 3 where they go shopping for used furniture, and Theo directs Meri's attention to a slightly curvy couch which she seems rather meh about, but Kody likes it and she takes it over the old fashioned one she seemed to prefer.

That big house that Kody had designed for Prairie Dog Flats probably would have worked for them if they had had the money for it when they left Lehi because at the time they had the 16 kids.  Now that Meri is an empty nester and embarrassed him by being catfished, he is ready to jettison her.   Janelle is next in line to be an empty nester so she is there on borrowed time, as is Christine, although Christine has a slightly longer shelf life because Truely is younger than Savannah. 

I had forgotten what nice rentals they had when they first ended up in Vegas.  Meri and Janelle both had pools.  Poor Christine had to buy an above the ground pool, but she may not have wanted an in-ground pool with Truely being so young.   They should have rented smaller ranch styles.  I still think they would be in better shape had they stayed in Vegas even with an increasing mortgage.  Or at least Meri would have.  I don't know that the $4000 rent she is paying per month is less than what her payment in Vegas would be.  He should have let Meri remain in LV and rent an airbnb for filming in Flagstaff.   Same with Janelle so her son could do his senior year.  and same with Christine.  It also might have made selling the houses easier if they went up for sale several years apart. 

• Love 7

There also are several colleges and universities in or near LV that have programs for students with autism.  They could have all stayed in the cult-de-sac if Kootie hadn't miscalculated how much they could get for their homes. If they could arrange "creative financing" for Robyn's million dollar home in Flagstaff and Meri's BnB, they could arrange something similar when their balloon mortgages came due.  Though I suspect Kootie may have also been running away from creditors &/or investors in his shady businesses.

I watched some of the bonus versions. The first time I watched I tended to focus on the person speaking.  The second time I watched the faces of the listeners & avoiders, which was very enlightening, and funny!

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I don't know why I keep reading this as "Roby the Pacemaker." 

Kody and Meri are really difficult to watch.  I know we only see a tiny slice of their lives, but based on what's shown it seems like both Kody and Meri would be happier if she just left the family.  She could come back periodically to visit the kids as a fun aunt, and the show could even continue to follow her.  It would probably be more entertaining than the real estate snoozefest we're currently being subjected to.  

• Love 9
On 3/1/2021 at 8:19 AM, Sofa Sloth said:

, via her subtle manipulation tactics and vice-like grip on Kody’s (probably) ramen-pubed balls.

Thank you for this image that will long haunt my nightmares. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1