Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: Robyn the Peacemaker

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

And if Kody is so miserable being married to Meri, why not divorce her? Does he REALLY want to spend all of eternity with her? Shouldn't he want to find some way out of that, as he plainly loathes her?

They aren't really married so all they have to do is walk away.  Their "spiritual" union seems to be fairly void since there is no sign of them practicing any religion at all.  If they hate each other, they can each just go their separate ways.  I'm guessing it's Mariah and the show keeping them tenuously tied.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Robyn: ‘It wouldn’t be appropriate for one of us to lead’  🙄 The ‘pink elephant’ in the room is that SHE does lead everything though, via her subtle manipulation tactics and vice-like grip on Kody’s (probably) ramen-pubed balls.

Kody is clearly only living with her at this point and only invested in things that concern her.

She subtly got the legal marriage and was responsible for the demise of previous top dog wife, masterminded the move from Vegas to Flagstaff, got her first choice of property Coyote pass, massive rental house there... then all the fake fighting/eye-booger crying about not wanting to buy a mansion and take from her fellow sister wives, because  ‘god will provide a rennal’, so many classic examples of her stealth.

She only inserts herself in Kody and Meri’s relationship to make herself look good as ‘the peacemaker’ saint sister wife and because Meri’s zero threat to her. 

470C3F5C-69CD-4A7E-94BC-CDEE29264865.jpeg.fa16a4a93bb16dd63c9713129452eaaa.jpeg

Anyone catch the obvious nose touch when she stated ‘I go days without seeing Kody/he hasn’t been around’.  Body language says ‘LIE!’ Christine’s said he’s not at her house, so she’s trying to play the ‘oh me too sister wife, I get it’ card. Where is he then Robyn?  With Meri? Phffttt, I think not. Such a master manipulator. 

Love this post!  Who does Robo think she's fooling?  Not any of us!

• Love 14

The whole family is a shit show.   The wives all dislike each other.  I thought the purpose of sister wives is too help each other with their children and life in general.  I have never seen these women support each other at all in any way that really matters.  Robyn, Janelle and Christine all had to bring in outside help with their kids in Vegas.  Janelle talked about Savannah being in the house all the time with nothing to do and it being so hot.  Why didn’t get together with Robyn or Christine’s daughters?   Christine is a big problem IMO.  She is jealous and obviously has no use for Robyn.  I think she is a big phony.   Meri was definitely leaving if that catfish were a real man, Kody will never forgive her.  Robyn will always think everything is her fault so she bashes Kody and makes fun of him to earn points with the “sisters”.   Janelle is just along for the ride at this point, if this whole thing fell apart she would be in NC in a hot minute with Maddie and wouldn’t look back.  I think the siblings really do love and enjoy each other, can’t say they feel the same way about all the “moms”.  

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Why is Meri so indecisive about her plot, it seems this is her M.O that she can never make up her mind or that she is stalling.

Meri and Amy Roloff must be besties!!  She is another paragon of indecision and the stall!🤣🤣🤣

Passive aggressive. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

It is fascinating to me that all the wives agree on their wish to get onto the property and now Kody balks. He seems most alive when the women are at each others’ throats. 

People with Borderline Personality  Disorder sow discord and drama then sit back and enjoy the results.

More simply put - he is a dick!

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The Browns certainly have some strange ideas about non poly families - not that that is a surprise. Meri informed us that in poly families the older kids move out and the younger ones stay home. What does she think happens in non poly families? The older kids move out and the younger ones stay home. The older kids in the Brown family left ASAP as I assume they were tired of raising their younger sibs. But non poly kids actually do move out too, Meri. 

Robyn thinks that in non poly relationships, the women compete? With whom? For what? No one is competing with me for my hubby's attention. And none of my female friends or family are competing with me.....for anything. Still shaking my head at that one. 

Yes! These smug little nuggets of plyg wisdom are so sad, clueless, and not based in any kind of actual fact. 

Robyn: ‘It wouldn’t be appropriate for one of us to lead’

Well, this is where I just throw up my hands and say, "Good luck to ya, ladies." I mean, whatever....you want to sob and complain about the loss of fambly culture and the lack of momentum with the big dream build, but at the same time, you don't feel it's appropriate to actually help make the thing happen other than side-eying Kody when he rambles on about why he can't finish what he's started with this ridiculous move. These ladies should actually rilly start "living their whys" and take the advice plastered all over their tacky, inspirational home decor. 

• Love 15
(edited)
14 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

But, interestingly, Kody said that the concern is if she is deeded the plot w/the trees and the lake/pond, she will block access to the lake/pond from the rest of them.  If she is the sole deeded owner of that property, then legally she could.  So he tried to give her the plot that has trees and is closer to the road. 

But if Meri got the plot fronting on the road, she could put up a toll booth to control the track to the other properties. Kootie never thinks through the possible unintended consequences.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 15
(edited)
6 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Why is Meri so indecisive about her plot, it seems this is her M.O that she can never make up her mind or that she is stalling. 

Does anyone remember the dates when they bought the Prairie Plague Plots and Christine's house sold?  It seems like ages. Meri has had a couple of years to think about where she'd like to live, yet she is still undecided? Part sun and part shade should be achievable.  Since there are >4 plots, perhaps she wants the others to pick first so that she can pick a spot farthest from the rest of them. And if they pick the 3 nicest plots, Meri can play the victim yet again. When the plots were purchased, names were registered on the deeds; didn't they decide who got which plot back then??? Or were they assigned randomly with a plan to pay more fees to switch them around when/if they changed their minds about which lot they wanted?

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
Just now, deirdra said:

Does anyone remember the dates when they bought the Prairie Plague Plots and Christine's house sold?  Meri has had a couple of years to think about where she'd like to live, yet she is still undecided? Part sun and part shade should be achievable.  Since there are >4 plots, perhaps she wants the others to pick first so that she can pick a spot farthest from the rest of them. And if they pick the 3 nicest plots, Meri can play the victim yet again.

I think Meri doesn't want them to actually build on the lots because then she will have to take out a mortgage to pay for the house and she will be stuck in Flagstaff.  Right now she's just renting - she can run away from Flagstaff any time she wants.  If she commits to building on Coyote Pass then she's stuck with a house to sell if/when she goes back to Utah.

Christine's Las Vegas house sold late September 2019.  They bought the 4 plots of land on Coyote Pass in late June 2018.   Robyn and Kody closed on the mansion in the beginning of September 2019.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

"But not in a sexual way."

Why did Robyn say that?  I damn near did a spit-take with my coffee.  What is wrong with that woman?  (rhetorical question, of course.  I'm sure many of us could write a dissertation on what's wrong with her).   

Agreed, this was a rilly strange comment. She didn't appear to be joking either. She's so odd. And mean. Gee, she doesn't know where Kurly is either...shrug... Like when a skinny person complains about how fat they are. Just shut up.

I am starting to think this is all just a big joke and Meri and Kurly are both in on it, and laughing all the way to the bank. He is so blatantly horrible to her in front of others, this can't be real.

Probably good for Mariah and what's her name to get out of Chgo when they did ahead of the riots. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Kody is probably bangin' some young chick down at the No Tell Motel off Route 66.

Robyn is an idiot and a liar. Why is Meri so indecisive about her plot, it seems this is her M.O that she can never make up her mind or that she is stalling. I was kinda laughing at the fact that they were pushing to get something, anything built and Kody flat out told them they were broke.  None of them want to be within a 100 yards of each other, just sell the land. I could see in the background that there are developments going up, so I doubt this is going to be the peaceful plague pond they thought it would be.

It is easier to complain that you didn't get what you want if you never tell anyone what that is until after the fact.  Martyr school 101.  Meri was on the front row.

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
(edited)

Good Lord.  Christine’s house just sold this episode?   Come on. Let’s get with modern times.  

I have 30 years’ banking experience.   I don’t know a single underwriter who would be legally allowed to approve a mortgage without future income certification.  They must have a multi-year contract with TLC to make that happen. Mortgage laws are incredibly strict these days; unless it’s a private investor mortgaging them, they are not going to be approved unless they can guarantee continuation of income.  The burst housing bubble of 2008/2009 changed these laws.  Sub-standard loans are a thing of the past. 
I can’t imagine a private investigator bankrolling these idiots.  Something had to be guaranteed on paper for mortgages and home equities.  
This episode.  Mariah and Audrey are saints, apparently.   Everyone loooooves them, and they looooove everyone and are perfect and wonderful and angelic.  Blah. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Good Lord.  Christine’s house just sold this episode?   Come on. Let’s get with modern times.  

Several scenes in this latest episodes must have occurred before some of the scenes we saw 6 months ago.  We used to complain about things that happened a year ago.  Now we are seeing things that happened 18 months ago.  It is as if they picked up some stuff off the cutting room floor to cobble together this "season" of SW. 

• Love 16

The timelines are back and forth in this episode.  The meeting with Mariah and Audrey where they announce they are moving to Salt Lake City was in January 2020.   The meeting about Christine's house selling was from September 2019.  The scene with Robyn Kody and Meri at the Coyote Pass was probably filmed not long after the initial blowup, which was last season.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
(edited)

So I’m actually watching now.  I shamefully feel a tiny bit of what Kodouche is saying about Meri.  She loves trees.  She doesn’t want a house in the trees.  She doesn’t want to be by the road.  She never said what she wants. 
Time to poop or get off the pot, Meri.  Say what you want or it will be decided for you.  This back and forth is a mind game, her power play.  Ugh. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 11
(edited)
15 hours ago, deirdra said:

Does anyone remember the dates when they bought the Prairie Plague Plots and Christine's house sold?  It seems like ages. Meri has had a couple of years to think about where she'd like to live, yet she is still undecided? Part sun and part shade should be achievable.  Since there are >4 plots, perhaps she wants the others to pick first so that she can pick a spot farthest from the rest of them. And if they pick the 3 nicest plots, Meri can play the victim yet again. When the plots were purchased, names were registered on the deeds; didn't they decide who got which plot back then??? Or were they assigned randomly with a plan to pay more fees to switch them around when/if they changed their minds about which lot they wanted?

I don't really understand the land they purchased. I looked on the county GIS site (it's what I do) and there is 1 lot in Kody & Robyn's name and 1 in  Kody & Janelle's, another in Janelle, Meri & Kody's name and the pond house lot is in Janelle Christine, Robyn & Kody's name at Coyote Pass. Then there are 2 on the other street (close but not adjoining) where Kody and Robyn have 2 adjoining lots and a house. I'm supposing it's for some legal reason but damn they make life complicated and Robyn seems to own a lot of assets since she is the "legal"  wife, for good or bad. Oh and 2 lots actually have access to the pond.

Edited by spacefly
ETA; Two lots have the pond on them. Christine is one owner of Pond Lot
  • Useful 8
  • Love 4

I think that the reason that Kody is no longer interested in building on Coyote Pass is that he and Robyn drained the bank dry to come up with the down payment on the mansion. Maybe the other wives don't know this and he doesn't want it to come out just how much money they took out of the family coffers.  No one is leaving no matter how abusive Kody is to the other wives because the TLC money is their main support and it must be pretty good. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
14 minutes ago, spacefly said:

I don't really understand the land they purchased. I looked on the county GIS site (it's what I do) and there is 1 lot in Kody & Robyn's name and 1 in  Kody & Janelle's, another in Janelle, Meri & Kody's name and the pond house lot is in Janelle, Robyn & Kody's name at Coyote Pass. Then there are 2 on the other street (close but not adjoining) where Kody and Robyn have 2 adjoining lots and a house. I'm supposing it's for some legal reason but damn they make life complicated and Robyn seems to own a lot of assets since she is the "legal"  wife, for good or bad. Oh and 2 lots actually have access to the pond.

So Christine's name is not on any of the deeds? That's interesting.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, spacefly said:

I don't really understand the land they purchased. I looked on the county GIS site (it's what I do) and there is 1 lot in Kody & Robyn's name and 1 in  Kody & Janelle's, another in Janelle, Meri & Kody's name and the pond house lot is in Janelle, Robyn & Kody's name at Coyote Pass. Then there are 2 on the other street (close but not adjoining) where Kody and Robyn have 2 adjoining lots and a house. I'm supposing it's for some legal reason but damn they make life complicated and Robyn seems to own a lot of assets since she is the "legal"  wife, for good or bad. Oh and 2 lots actually have access to the pond.

I've been trying to figure out how Kody says they have 7 plots of land.  So we know there are 4 plots on Coyote Pass.  Does he also own 3 plots of land on the road that his mansion with Robyn is on?  

8 hours ago, taragel said:

I like Kody the least of all the folks on this show, but I think it would be very interesting if they just literally followed him around for a week and showed us where he goes and what he does and all the "stuff that's on his plate."  

Where are the paparazzi when you need them? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

It is possible that Christine's name was on one of the plots originally but was taken off when she needed to qualify for the mortgage on her house. Or she was taken off during the month Kootie & Robyn were having problems qualifying for their mansion due to Kootie's entanglements.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Meanwhile did you see how many homes have already been built around their land?  They should just sell while they can. 

I saw that too.  The roofs in the background. 

• Love 4

My feeling is that this show is in it's last season. They are so hard up for anything to make an episode of they are pulling from last season and repeating. Now, Mariah and Audrey are most likely out of money so they are going to be back on the show. Hence, horray! Some new very boring storyline. Mariah and Aud said they are not planning on getting married for a year and a half so what does production do?  Next episode they are all going to look at wedding venues. WTF? Who cares? 

Kody constantly saying "I don't care anymore" is kind of putting a nail in the coffin for this show, no? He is such a moron. Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot. 

3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I think the siblings really do love and enjoy each other, can’t say they feel the same way about all the “moms”.  

I don't know about that. All of the older ones moved away. None of them stuck around. Only the littles are left at home. Except Sobbyns older three and who knows what those kids are going to do. Christine and Janelle still have a few older ones at home, not for long I'm sure as long as they graduate HS they will be looking for spouses and getting married, moving away, too. Mariah and Audrey are still going to be 500 miles away. It's not like they are moving to Flagstaff to be with their beloved family. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

She doesn’t want a house in the trees.  She doesn’t want to be by the road.  She never said what she wants. 
Time to poop or get off the pot, Meri.  Say what you want or it will be decided for you.  This back and forth is a mind game, her power play.

When we first met Meri, she never had a problem expressing her thoughts and wants. She was very direct about the Vegas house. Fast forward to episode 1 this season and we have the incredible shrinking and mute woman named Meri. Ask her a direct question and she turns into a wooden chair. Anyone remember when this behavior started? She's not like this at Lizzies or on social media. This side of her is quite disgusting. Wish the producers would take her unfiltered face off the show or make her participate. Slacker. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, monagatuna said:

It's been a long time since I took property law, but I think they could write an easement into the deed, and make her title contingent upon providing the easement. Depending on the property and local law, the easement may survive her occupancy of the property. The problem is either getting her to agree to the easement, or possibly enforcement. What's to stop her from blocking their rightful access? Clearly they don't trust her to share. And you know, they have to be extra careful not to break the law because the Plyg Plice are ready to strike at any vulnerability! This is why, see, they follow the law to the letter and are absolutely NOT scammers and grifters.

This rings a bell with me!  There was about 45 feet between our Lake house and neighbors.  When he was going to sell he found out he didn't own it like he thought he did.  He came to us and asked that we sign a quick claim.

I was leary of that because number one no taxes were ever paid since nobody owned it and I was afraid by signing it I would be acknowledging some ownership and owe years of back taxes.  Number two it was the only access we had to the back of our property.  I suggested we split it in half!  Neighbor said a loud NO!

In conclusion we paid an attorney and the property went to neighbor and we had access forever including when we sold the property for the future owners!

I hate lawyer stuff!  Lol

• Love 5

I'm curious.  If Mariah and Audrey move to Utah will they be accepted there?  Somebody said the church really doesn't accept their lifestyle.

Seems they would be better off in flagstaff with accepting family.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Meowwww said:

So I’m actually watching now.  I shamefully feel a tiny bit of what Kodouche is saying about Meri.  She loves trees.  She doesn’t want a house in the trees.  She doesn’t want to be by the road.  She never said what she wants. 
Time to poop or get off the pot, Meri.  Say what you want or it will be decided for you.  This back and forth is a mind game, her power play.  Ugh. 

That's her hook!  I remember her in Vegas.  She had to have a mcmansion with just Mariah who was leaving.  What a pain in the a.. She always is!

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

This rings a bell with me!  There was about 45 feet between our Lake house and neighbors.  When he was going to sell he found out he didn't own it like he thought he did.  He came to us and asked that we sign a quick claim.

I was leary of that because number one no taxes were ever paid since nobody owned it and I was afraid by signing it I would be acknowledging some ownership and owe years of back taxes.  Number two it was the only access we had to the back of our property.  I suggested we split it in half!  Neighbor said a loud NO!

In conclusion we paid an attorney and the property went to neighbor and we had access forever including when we sold the property for the future owners!

I hate lawyer stuff!  Lol

Everyone hates lawyer stuff. That's why they pay us so much. 😉 That latter is why the Browns have likely never had one.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, monagatuna said:

Everyone hates lawyer stuff. That's why they pay us so much. 😉 That latter is why the Browns have likely never had one.

Lol yes I forgot to add "it ended with me paying the lawyer"!

Speaking of which my granddaughter is graduating collage this Spring and is taking steps to attend law school!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm curious.  If Mariah and Audrey move to Utah will they be accepted there?  Somebody said the church really doesn't accept their lifestyle.

The mainstream mormon church pays lip service to accepting homosexuality by saying it's OK as long as an individual remains celibate. Definitely a big "no" when it comes to marriage.

But the day-to-day reality is that actual acceptance does not exist.

The AUB and other fundy sects strictly prohibit homosexuality in all circumstances.

• Useful 8
  • Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Not to be dismissive of anyone’s religion, but the original idea for polygamy was definitely a scam by a man to be able to have as many sexual partners and then children to work his farm as possible.

I’m not a fan of any organized religion because I think all of them are scams at some level... Fundamentalist Mormons and Muslims seem to be the most vocal about polygamy being an important part of their patriarchal religious practices(scams) and although I’m not an adherent of either, if that’s what they are into, I couldn’t care less.  More power to them if grown women choose to believe that their ticket to “heaven” is being enthusiastic about and participating in their chosen religion’s tenets.

7 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

And Robyn's comment about monogamist women being in competition with each other? I'm monogamist, my friends are all monogamist, and we have each other's backs, end of story. What a stupid generalization.

Robyn probably doesn’t have many monogamist friends, but even if she did she would probably encounter women that feel the need to compete, because many do, regardless of their attitude towards plural marriage.  You are blessed to have genuine friends who have your back!   I recently lost a friend I thought had my back for 30 years because she became infatuated with my husband of 15 years.  I’m not a polygamist so when I found out, I gave them both a choice-me or them.

A BIG part of the Fundie Mormon Woman’s religious suffering that will be rewarded by their God is built on their struggle to accept their husband treating another woman as his wife in front of their face.  Denying competition by accepting that her husband will be with another wife is one step closer to their heaven.  Caring for her and encouraging their relationship, instead of throat punching her and wishing she’d burn in hell immediately is one more step closer to heaven.  Justification of their dogma is important to the religiously inclined, regardless of the hoops one has to jump through.

Kody:

“Honestly I don’t think my wives want to be together that much, because if they did they would.   I think they are enjoying it - This sort of independence from each other.  Doing My thing, living in My house, hanging out with My kids...oh and I get My husband once in awhile.”

In essence, they are living as monogamist women who tolerate (and make light of on National TV) their husband having affairs.  That’s actually not that unusual in the monogamist world, minus the TV part, but it makes for a really shitty endorsement for plural marriage.

Edited by kicotan
  • Love 18

Why doesn't kody just build one big house and those that want to stay stay and those not interested go!

That's what he wants to do - watch last season's episodes where he prepares a powerpoint, printed and bound in color and distributed to the wives. It's the wives that don't want to live together. Christine in particular has been very vocal and direct about never wanting to all live together again.

That's her hook!  I remember her in Vegas.  She had to have a mcmansion with just Mariah who was leaving.  What a pain in the a.. She always is!

I wasn't watching then so I don't know for sure but I'd guess that when they built the Vegas houses in that development, there were at least some parameters about the size and look of the houses that could be built. I know Meri had a lot of demands but I don't know that there was really an option for her to build a little two bedroom home in the middle of a neighborhood of McMansions.

What I don't understand is why she needs - or even wants - a giant house in Flagstaff to have to maintain. Even with all the crap inventory she needs for her business, it's still just her living there and I don't think she stays there that often. So why the ginormous home? Not only is the rent higher than on a smaller home but the utilities are higher too and you have to keep it at least minimally clean.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, kicotan said:

I’m not a fan of any organized religion because I think all of them are scams at some level... Fundamentalist Mormons and Muslims seem to be the most vocal about polygamy being an important part of their patriarchal religious practices(scams) and although I’m not an adherent of either, if that’s what they are into, I couldn’t care less.  More power to them if grown women choose to believe that their ticket to “heaven” is being enthusiastic about and participating in their chosen religion’s tenets.

Robyn probably doesn’t have many monogamist friends, but even if she did she would probably encounter women that feel the need to compete, because many do, regardless of their attitude towards plural marriage.  You are blessed to have genuine friends who have your back!   I recently lost a friend I thought had my back for 30 years because she became infatuated with my husband of 15 years.  I’m not a polygamist so when I found out, I gave them both a choice-me or them.

A BIG part of the Fundie Mormon Woman’s religious suffering that will be rewarded by their God is built on their struggle to accept their husband treating another woman as his wife in front of their face.  Denying competition by accepting that her husband will be with another wife is one step closer to their heaven.  Caring for her and encouraging their relationship, instead of throat punching her and wishing she’d burn in hell immediately is one more step closer to heaven.  Justification of their dogma is important to the religiously inclined, regardless of the hoops one has to jump through.

Kody:

“Honestly I don’t think my wives want to be together that much, because if they did they would.   I think they are enjoying it - This sort of independence from each other.  Doing My thing, living in My house, hanging out with My kids...oh and I get My husband once in awhile.”

In essence, they are living as monogamist women who tolerate (and make light of on National TV) their husband having affairs.  That’s actually not that unusual in the monogamist world, minus the TV part, but it makes for a really shitty endorsement for plural marriage.

Justification of their dogma. So well said!!  Thank you. I've been mulling this over all day. Generational justification. In defense of all of the Brown Wives, they are only spouting what they've been told by moms, other moms, grannies, aunts. Handed down since the time of Joseph Smith. 

Janelle being an exception, but imo, she's a puzzler. Best I can figure is 30some years ago, she embraced these teachings, as did her mom. 20-21 yo is pretty impressionable imo. 

They are a train wreck, but I feel compassion for all of them. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, lamadeleine said:

Well, this is where I just throw up my hands and say, "Good luck to ya, ladies." I mean, whatever....you want to sob and complain about the loss of fambly culture and the lack of momentum with the big dream build, but at the same time, you don't feel it's appropriate to actually help make the thing happen other than side-eying Kody when he rambles on about why he can't finish what he's started with this ridiculous move. These ladies should actually rilly start "living their whys" and take the advice plastered all over their tacky, inspirational home decor. 

That she said that wasn't a surprise, exactly, to me, but jeez.

Throughout the never-ending fuss about lots on the prairie, I kept thinking "why is Krusty involved in his wives' choices?"  Why didn't the wives sit at one of their Medieval World Feast tables with a map and decide among themselves where each would live, and then tell Krusty?

But I guess that would be the women taking the lead, and that's inappropriate.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

When we first met Meri, she never had a problem expressing her thoughts and wants. She was very direct about the Vegas house. Fast forward to episode 1 this season and we have the incredible shrinking and mute woman named Meri. Ask her a direct question and she turns into a wooden chair. Anyone remember when this behavior started? She's not like this at Lizzies or on social media. This side of her is quite disgusting. Wish the producers would take her unfiltered face off the show or make her participate. Slacker. 

A few seasons ago, Meri and Janelle began working on mending their relationship--I don't know what their original problem was--and in a series of conversations, Meri decided that she was "guarded" when talking to Janelle because she didn't trust Janelle not to hurt her feelings or some such twaddle.  For a while, every other word out of Meri's mouth was "guarded," and she used it to avoid joining in any discussions with anyone in the family.

I *think* that's where this whole thing started.  Maybe somebody with a better memory can correct or amplify.

• Love 9

Kody [on Meri]: Neither of us see real value in the relationship.

Kody [on the other wives]: I have three other fulfilling relationships.

I loathe Meri, but...is Kody keeping her around just to torture her? All the platitudes in the world about sticking it out because you made a commitment, and marriage is work, and blah blah, none of those mean anything unless you're actually DOING SOMETHING to fix the problem.

• Love 21
53 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

That's what he wants to do - watch last season's episodes where he prepares a powerpoint, printed and bound in color and distributed to the wives. It's the wives that don't want to live together. Christine in particular has been very vocal and direct about never wanting to all live together again.

I wasn't watching then so I don't know for sure but I'd guess that when they built the Vegas houses in that development, there were at least some parameters about the size and look of the houses that could be built. I know Meri had a lot of demands but I don't know that there was really an option for her to build a little two bedroom home in the middle of a neighborhood of McMansions.

What I don't understand is why she needs - or even wants - a giant house in Flagstaff to have to maintain. Even with all the crap inventory she needs for her business, it's still just her living there and I don't think she stays there that often. So why the ginormous home? Not only is the rent higher than on a smaller home but the utilities are higher too and you have to keep it at least minimally clean.

Agree. I defended her when she was wanting the big house with the one child because it didn't really seem fair to me that she would get a tiny little house when the others got their big homes. I could see why it looked bad but I was in Meri's corner - yes even through the wet bar. But when they moved to flagstaff and she proceeded to rent ridiculous mansions, I could no longer defend.

Although a part of me thinks its her right. She makes money and perhaps the arrangement now is that she can choose to spend it how she wishes. I think the agreement was that each wife got a certain amount. The other wives have to feed their kids (though more and more of those kids are grown and gone) and so Meri can spend her money on rent for a house - plus she is more of the career person now. She's got her social media influencer thing on top of her Lulu.

As for why she can't decide on her land --  they should have told her the real reason that she was relegated to two options 1) you are in the trees 2) you are by the road. I get why she was confused.

• Love 4
(edited)

We see one scene of Mariah and Audrey in this episode, and it's unrelated to anything else in this episode.  Unfortunately, it looks like they're getting more time in the next episode.  And, they can string out their wedding for another 5 seasons.

10 hours ago, Kellyee said:

On the one hand, I agree. On the other hand, Mariah and Audrey are just horrid. Not at all because they're gay, but because Mariah is fake woke and a mini-Meri in the making. But you are correct that their relationship and future marriage are already miles ahead of Christine and Kody's relationship. If only the bar weren't set so low.

Mariah is horrid, and her justification for her move (and barely mentioning that she's transferring schools) was selfish, even though she cloaked it in fake concern for Audrey. I feel sympathy for Audrey.  Audrey has been struggling to live in Chicago for two years.  She doesn't have a lot of friends there, and her mental health has suffered.  She's further isolated because she works from home.  Audrey says that they're so busy in Chicago, but keeps on saying how much they miss everyone [the Browns].  Yet, Mariah says that her missing two family Christmases was the catalyst for their move to Utah.  (Wasn't Mariah at the plyg palace PowerPoint presentation?)

Mariah is so selfish (mini-Meri).  She seems to have failed to strike some type of school-life balance that integrated or considered Audrey.  Mariah arrived to a structured environment with a built-in community at her university.  Audrey had to somehow find her own way,  She speaks of lacking friends there, separate from Mariah.  I also suspect that Mariah's exploiting Audrey's struggles to conceal her own academic shortcomings.  She is quitting a 3-year program where she would earn two degrees after Year 2, and she's leaving with neither degree.

They both gained a lot of weight in the interim between filming that scene and their couch interview about it.

6 hours ago, Meowwww said:

This episode.  Mariah and Audrey are saints, apparently.   Everyone loooooves them, and they looooove everyone and are perfect and wonderful and angelic.  Blah. 

Mariah and Audrey came back to visit for the first time in a year.  Meri had already moved 2 or 3 times in Flagstaff.

Kody and Janelle aren't even in town for the visit.  They're supposedly on a business trip for the duration of Mariah and Audrey's visit, because Meri says that Kody will just have to hear in a soundbite when he returns.  

Christine and her daughters, and Robyn and her children arrive at the same time as Mariah and Audrey.  They all enter Meri's house behind the guests of honor.  Savannah and Gabe are MIA, as are Mosby and the other dog, and everyone ignores Meri's mother, Bonnie, while she sits on the uncomfortable, solo sofa section.  They do let her in the forced group hug dominated by Robyn's family.  They're already in full hug while Christine's daughters are still getting out of their chair at the other end of the room.

Mariah says that they're moving to Salt Lake City because they miss being around the family.  Audrey explains that they're planning to start their own family, so it's important that they're close to family and people who are close to them.  Mariah clarifies that they'll marry in a year and a half, before they start their family.   In reality, they're still 8 hours away from Flagstaff and 3.5 hours from Parowan.  Aspyn and Mitch would be nearby, but they're the most entrenched in the AUB.

3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm curious.  If Mariah and Audrey move to Utah will they be accepted there?  Somebody said the church really doesn't accept their lifestyle.  Seems they would be better off in flagstaff with accepting family.

Meri says that their church does not believe that same-sex relationships are appropriate and the fambly accepts Mariah and her choosing to marry Audrey.  Kody said, "Our younger children don't even make the distinction.  If they love someone, they're going to get married."  Meri and Kody can't reconcile for themselves, but somehow think that their toddlers have already.

Edited by Grifter Lives
  • Love 9

Could the seven plots of land be the 4 in the development,  one with Christine's house on it, one with Robin's house on it and then the extra plot of land next to Robin's house?  I am just guessing because I  only get my information through this forum and haven't watched the program in years.

• Love 3

I think by now its damn obvious they are not moving anywhere soon. I cant understand for the life of me why they bought these houses. Surely if you have a dream you make sacrifices. Get the utilities sorted first then get some caravans set up or temporary accomodation, then build one at a time. Why the hell does Robins kids need their own rooms... its ridiculous. She is the most selfish of them all. She needs to remember where she came from. I can't stand her

• Love 11

I watched the episode last night. Meri is doing the same thing with the trees that she did with fertility treatments and Robyn's offer of surrogacy. Meri won't make a decision, and she pulls the offended/upset act anytime someone tries to force her to make a decision because time is running out and her indecision is affecting other people. I try to feel bad for Meri, but she's just so awful. Kody is an asshole, and it's obvious that Kody and Robyn have only real marriage in this group at this point. Kody only likes Janelle because she never asks for anything and doesn't expect him to act like a real husband. 

Who drives all the way back to Utah from Nevada with a dying dog?????? And did you notice Kody didn't cry any real tears in his talking head interview?

And they all need to stop trying to sell us on polygamy. Nobody is buying that shit.

• Love 19

It's weird how Kody interacts with each wife. When Christine had the meeting,every time Robyn made a face or looked annoyed,It seemed like Kody was afraid to speak. Like he was upset he was going to make Robyn mad. Even when it was Meri and him and Robyn,he would look at Robyn and literally stop talking if he saw any annoyance on her round face. Maybe Kody would make a good monogamist husband. Because he genuinely seems to want to make Robyn happy and doesn't like to upset her. So when he really likes a woman he's somewhat submissive???? Interesting 

• Love 5