Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Ellen Barkin’s Twitter is a national treasure, same with Jackée her recent tweet about Idris Elba is so dirty I won’t repost in case children are present! Adults should look it up! 

I saw that Jackee tweet earlier, and same, girl, same.  

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Jamie Spears is willing to step down when the time is right.

My guess: He wants to negotiate for an assurance that he won't face criminal charges and/or Britney won't sue him. 

Or, the judge can just remove him, which I personally think is a better option.

Kelly Clarkson Celebrated on 'Voice' Set After Prenup in Divorce is Upheld

Kelly accumulated the lion's share of assets, including the Montana ranch where Brandon is currently living. He was contesting the prenup and wanted their properties split, along with income she earned during their marriage, but the judge shut him down.

• Love 22
21 minutes ago, Zella said:

Unfortunately, Cats really cured me of my crush on Idris Elba. 

I still have a crush on him, but checking him out on IMDB certainly reveals some clunkers.

• Love 4

I’ll be interested to see how Jamie’s behavior was improper too, since he would have had accountants handling matters, signing off on it and account reports to the court who review and approve annually with their accountants, if not more often.  I get the feeling Britney will then find another person to target her angst.  I’m amazed that anything she says is taken as truth.  The evidence will convince me.  

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

In reading the article, I think the article headline may have misquoted her.  She doesn’t mention Metoo and she’s actually referring to the industry.   I’m not sure how to take it.  

Agreed.  The quote is more complex than that headline implies and I don't believe that is what she meant.

Re the article:  I found her thoughts on A League of My Own interesting.  I am kinda in agreement with her overall takeaway of the movie.  And chuckle at her assessment of Madonna-the-actor.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I agree that her answer was more nuanced and less about #metoo than the headline allows.  I also agree with her assessments about A League of Their Own.  When the biggest takeaway is a debate about whether Dottie intentionally dropped the ball, the movie has missed its mission.  Madonna wasn’t terrible in it, but she is not an actress.

• Love 8

This was the extent of Winger's comments about "Me Too":

“I don’t feel like it’s settled yet. [The industry] is still in upheaval,” she says. “The plates are shifting. In some ways, it’s pulled ridiculously too far. Part of it is that I’m the mother of three young white males, so I’m looking at things that they’re experiencing, and things that my girlfriends of all different backgrounds are experiencing [and] it hasn’t quite found its steady point yet where there’s room for everybody.”

Otherwise, I found it an interesting article. She sounds smart and articulate. I liked her thoughts about "A League of Their Own." It's a shame she was saddled with the "difficult" label. I don't get Apple TV, otherwise I'd watch "Mr. Corman."

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I get the feeling Britney will then find another person to target her angst.  I’m amazed that anything she says is taken as truth.  The evidence will convince me.  

The more I read about this whole situation the angrier I get.  I don't know how much of what she is saying about her father is true but one thing that is beyond debate is that she is the one bringing home the money while someone else gets to control, apparently, every aspect of her life. 

• Love 20

So far, IMO it seems every claim Miss Spears has made has been corroborated by the courts while every claim Mr. Spears has made has been proven to have been false- and why hasn't anyone wondered why HE isn't attempted to earn a living on his own besides just taking the lion's share of the quarry   his cub's been bringing in? 

It sure doesn't sound as though he believes he has much of a leg to stand on if he's considering stepping down. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, PepSinger said:

Calling what she has been through and experienced “angst” is trivializing the seriousness of her situation.

It also makes it even less logical that she would have been under conservatorship in the first place - or certainly for so long - being a drama queen would not, one would think require you to have your entire life so closely supervised.  Either she has genuine mental health issues that have neccesitated this or else she doesn't. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Unless he has lied to the court or embezzled funds, the fact that the court has approved his yearly accountings will make proving a fiscal crime difficult IMO.

In the legal documents Jamie filed earlier yesterday, one of his admissions was that Britney's money has been paying for Lynne's (Britney's mom's) expenses since 2008. That should be a start.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

In the legal documents Jamie filed earlier yesterday, one of his admissions was that Britney's money has been paying for Lynne's (Britney's mom's) expenses since 2008. That should be a start.

Wait! The Spears parents are DIVORCED so why is he paying her expenses- especially with their elder daughter's actual earnings ? If Miss Spears herself had wanted to pay her evidently perfectly able-bodied, competent mother's expenses herself I think she would have done so. Could it be that the former Mrs. Spears's belated 'jumping ship' from her ex after his unsavory dealings got revealed possibly be a case of her hoping their elder daughter will do just that?

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

In the legal documents Jamie filed earlier yesterday, one of his admissions was that Britney's money has been paying for Lynne's (Britney's mom's) expenses since 2008.

Maybe it was something sneaky Jamie did, maybe it was because of a previous deal Lynne had with Britney, maybe Britney wanted to pay her mother's expenses, maybe it was a Britney payoff to get her out her life.

I'm not going to automatic assume it was a sneaky thing Jamie did until more facts come out but I do consider it one of the possibilities.

• Love 3

I get the impression Lynn uses Britney just as much as Jamie. She's just smarter and more self-aware of how shitty it looks, so she covers her tracks better. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 22
33 minutes ago, Zella said:

I get the impression Lynn uses Britney just as much as Jamie. She's just smarter and more self-aware of how shitty it looks, so she covers her tracks better. 

I mean she even apparently told her friend that the reason she wanted Jamie to be conservator was so he would be the bad guy and not her so that Britney wouldn’t resent her which is bad on so many levels. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 10
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Wasn't Britney estranged from all of these people just before her breakdown when Jamie wormed his way back in to conservator?

Well to be fair Britney hadn’t exactly surrounded herself with “good” people. Before Jamie stepped in she was having an utter melt down and was being essentially controlled by Sam Lufti who was posing as some type of entertainment manager. But who, as I understand, was nothing more than a fraud and a leech himself. 

I do think someone needed to step in to help her, at that time. Family was the logical choice. And perhaps things did start off reasonable, but then over time evolved into this horrible situation it apparently became. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I mean she even apparently told her friend that the reason she wanted Jamie to be conservator was so he would be the bad guy and not her so that Britney wouldn’t resent her which is bad on so many levels. 

Yikes!

Was that in Ronan Farrow's article about the case? I remember coming away from that thinking Lynn was pulling some real CYA moves even in the article, but I can't remember what it was exactly that made me think that. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Zella said:

Was that in Ronan Farrow's article about the cas

Yep. It was to the friend who testified at the initial hearing and now regrets it. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Musicians scrapping tour dates again as Covid cases rises

There was never going to be tours. It's too much spread. I love tours and I have been to so many since 1999, but there was no way it was going to go back to normal as usual. Trust me! Before Covid, I have always smelled pot wherever I go! Didn't matter! Drinking alcohol and such...always a crowd! I could tell you numerous stories about concerts, but I will bore you...so there's that!

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Given Muhammed Ali's condition at the end of his life, you'd think that whole family would stay far far away from the "sport" of boxing.

I'd agree but it seems that at least some of them (e.g. Laila) have been willfully ignorant/in denial about the possibility of boxing having been at least a contributing factor to his condition doing their best to only focus on how it brought the family fame and fortune. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I think it's great that he's officially retired after a magnificent career.  Frankly, I thought it was a bad idea for him to be touring with Gaga.   

He's 95 and he has Alzheimer's Disease. It seems like the best decision his son ever did! Especially with Covid around! I mean, wasn't his wife concerned because he was frequently tired?

Edited by letter8358
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 8/13/2021 at 8:51 AM, DearEvette said:

I found her thoughts on A League of My Own interesting.  I am kinda in agreement with her overall takeaway of the movie.  And chuckle at her assessment of Madonna-the-actor.

I love what she said, and that she had the chutzpah to say it.  I suspect that her assessments are dead on.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Given Muhammed Ali's condition at the end of his life, you'd think that whole family would stay far far away from the "sport" of boxing.

I'll never understand the appeal of "sports" like boxing and American football where the aim is to hurt your opponent.

• Love 16
49 minutes ago, letter8358 said:

He's 95 and he has Alzheimer's Disease. It seems like the best decision his son ever did! Especially with Covid around! I mean, wasn't his wife concerned because he was frequently tired?

I'm surprised the son let him go on tour, and I can't believe Gaga needed the money.  I'm surprised about the wife, too.

• Love 4
On 8/13/2021 at 9:10 AM, Crs97 said:

Madonna wasn’t terrible in it, but she is not an actress.

True. Still, Madonna should have done more films where she was part of an ensemble. She was fine when she wasn't the star and didn't have to do the heavy lifting.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, catlover79 said:

True. Still, Madonna should have done more films where she was part of an ensemble. She was fine when she wasn't the star and didn't have to do the heavy lifting.

I agree. She was fine in "Desperately Seeking Susan" because she was pretty much playing herself. "A League of Their Own" was an ensemble cast, and "Evita" was just one long music video.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Why should she do any movies at all? I’m just fine with her never acting again.

• LOL 11
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Why should she do any movies at all? I’m just fine with her never acting again.

She probably won't act again because everyone would see her real body instead of one she photoshopped in 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

My UO is that I don’t think Lady Gaga is all that as an actress, and I really don’t like that Shallow song.

I never saw the movie, so I can't judge her acting, but I hate Shallow.

• Love 9