Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

This is from the article:

Artists are libertarians. They support personal rights and freedoms. Fans, too.

I don't think that is true. Asserting your "freedom" during a global pandemic is ignorant at best and selfish at worst.  

It's not right! It's just willful ignorance and nothing more.

Edited by letter8358
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, letter8358 said:

The musical great divide among rockers with vaccine hesitation vs those that urge them to get vaccinated

To Dave Grohl, I appreciate the dedicated commitments you have for others and for that I applaud you for it! 

To Pete Parada and the rest that refuse the shot, FU! You put lives on the line and it's selfish. I for one will never go to a concert since we are still in a pandemic! And, Pete, you were not that good a drummer to begin with. So I am glad that the members from The Offspring dumped your ass. May you feel the wrath of being unemployed forever. What an ass.

It seems Mr. Parada et.al are  behaving like Nero supposedly fiddling when Rome was on fire instead of trying to help put out the fire- only this time we're ALL getting burned! 

• Love 10

How stupid is Parada!? He has an autoimmune disorder that puts him higher risk, not just of vaccine side effects but also of the severity if he gets COVID, yet he supports the “rights” of others not to get vaccinated. I don’t spare any sympathy for him or people like him if they get sick. 

• Love 16
7 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

This is from the article:

Artists are libertarians. They support personal rights and freedoms. Fans, too.

This is what I find hilarious. Sure, there are artists that are supporting many great causes, but I haven't seen any evidence from those people that are suddenly all about "freedom" now, that they have been previously fighting for other people's rights, be it minorities, women, refugees, etc. I might have been more understanding in that case, but if you start being all about fighting discrimination now, that tells me all I need to know.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, letter8358 said:

I am no Jennifer Aniston fan, but she's spot on  here about cutting ties to her few friends who are not vaccinated. Don't worry Jennifer. It sucks, but you did the right thing and you are not only one doing this alone. Others are somehow doing the same thing. It stinks, but the question is it worth it over an unvaccinated person vs someone that has been vaccinated? I rest my case and I think the members of The Offspring did the right thing. It sucks, but sometimes sacrifices have to be made. 

I've done the same. The only exceptions are those who are both family and unable to get vaccinated. Even if you're a friend I care about, I shall see you once the pandemic is over. 

• Love 10

I get not liking someone's stance on vaccines, people who are antivax are.... not people I want to be around.  However, there is a difference between unwilling to get it, and unable to get it.  And if you are discriminating with your friendships, make sure you are only penalizing people who can/should get vaccinated and those who can't/shouldn't.  

As for Pete being "pro vaccine choice" or whatever, that's no reason to lose your job.  He isn't lobbying to keep people from being vaccinated he's just allowing other people to do what they are comfortable with (even if it's monumentally stupid in a lot of cases).

Not touring because it's a risk, makes sense.  Firing him outright just makes the band and their management look like assholes who are shitting on someone because they are sick.  

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I get not liking someone's stance on vaccines, people who are antivax are.... not people I want to be around.  However, there is a difference between unwilling to get it, and unable to get it.  And if you are discriminating with your friendships, make sure you are only penalizing people who can/should get vaccinated and those who can't/shouldn't.  

I have. Most people in my life, family and friends, aren't antivax, thank goodness. But I have a friend who's antivax and not being careful either. She just thinks we're all going to get covid and that she'd beat it. I have another friend who keeps saying he's going to get vaccinated, but he hasn't gotten around to it yet. 

1 hour ago, ouinason said:

He isn't lobbying to keep people from being vaccinated he's just allowing other people to do what they are comfortable with (even if it's monumentally stupid in a lot of cases).

If you read his full statement he basically is saying no one should have to vaccinated for whatever reason, which yes that is their choice but with that choice comes consequences, including not being able to work if they don’t meet the requirements of the employer.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 17

Again, the complaint about Pete Paradal is his stance about people doing whatever they want in regards to getting vaccinated.  His stance about his own vaccination is that it might cause a reaction that could kill him and his physician advised against it, so him not getting a vaccine himself is not stupid or selfish.  

I don't want to harp, but he is one of the people that herd immunity is made to protect.  Someone who is medically unable to take their own vaccine and depend on the good judgement of others to protect them.  These people are NOT the morons who just don't want to take it or the nut jobs who see them as a conspiracy or something.  I don't care for his stance on vaccination in general, but his personal reasons for not getting one are perfectly reasonable^.

^ I do think his idea that, having Covid once already, he would probably be ok getting it again pretty fucking dumb.  

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, ouinason said:

but his personal reasons for not getting one are perfectly reasonable

And his band mates are being perfectly reasonable for wanting to tour and comply with the venues that they will be playing at, he has to deal with the consequences of his choices. Based on everything he said in his statement I do in fact think he is a moron.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 19

I'm not sure it's a choice exactly.  That's like firing someone because the venue doesn't have wheelchair access.  Now, I don't have a problem with him being kept from tour because of it, I just find outright firing from the band to be excessive, considering it's a medical issue not a "matter of conscience" or whatever.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ouinason said:

That's like firing someone because the venue doesn't have wheelchair access.

Well no because a venue not having wheelchair access is illegal. The band hasn’t issued a statement on his exact status so who knows the actual reason for his firing, maybe it’s because he is a fuckwit like most of his statement suggests.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 21

That is totally possible.  Perhaps his public stance is something that they can't accept.  In that case, it's not something I will be annoyed by.  I just meant firing someone for a medical issue is BS.  

• Love 1

There's already hiccups going around despite vaccination among the summer tours with vaccinated artists.

Fall Out Boy skips two scheduled tours due to a team member tested Covid positive

Country star Dustin Lynch cancels concert at Mohegan Sun due to a case of illness within touring party  

I rest my case about concerts coming back this summer. Prepare to see this in the coming future.

Edited by letter8358
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I have zero pity left in my heart for eligible people who refuse to get the vaccine, or won’t let their own kids get it, when there is ample information from the experts to put their minds at ease because they’d rather listen to their own “instincts” or stick to their narrow-minded beliefs or to spite the government they distrust. Whatever excuse they have just boils down to prideful, selfish stupidity.

I'm vaxxed. But I don't blame people who are skeptical of a process that normally takes 10 years being done in under one.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

How stupid is Parada!? He has an autoimmune disorder that puts him higher risk, not just of vaccine side effects but also of the severity if he gets COVID, yet he supports the “rights” of others not to get vaccinated. I don’t spare any sympathy for him or people like him if they get sick. 

So is he himself wearing a mask when venturing in public or is he refusing to do so even WITH the extra precautions needed in dealing with his condition?

• Love 1

I feel compelled to post a Kanye update since I was the one who first mentioned his disastrous July listening party for his new album.

He had another listening party last night that also started way late and featured some . . . odd moments, but it does seem like he's done some work on the album since the last time. He still blew through another deadline for releasing said album, though.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kanye-west-levitates-naps-runs-around-like-spooky-ghost-at-second-donda-listening-party

I've seen a lot people still discussing this as performance art, which used to be my take on everything he did, but I still think he seems like he's having a very public mental health meltdown. I could be wrong. But at this rate, I would almost be surprised if he ever releases this. 

• Love 2
On 8/4/2021 at 4:37 PM, Everina said:

Harry Hamlin?  Isn't that the guy who played Jim Cutler on Mad Men?

I'm old so I associate him with LA Law, which debuted in 1986.

(I kind of wish I hadn't posted that.)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Leeds said:

(I kind of wish I hadn't posted that.)

young'un.   I associate him with Clash of the Titans, the original one.   

16 hours ago, Zella said:

I've seen a lot people still discussing this as performance art, which used to be my take on everything he did, but I still think he seems like he's having a very public mental health meltdown. I could be wrong. But at this rate, I would almost be surprised if he ever releases this. 

Considering he has been public about his mental health, how anyone sees this as performance art is beyond me.   Other than those who know the gravy train ends if he actually gets help.   Its reminding me of Michael Jackson's last album (History? something like that).   He spent a lot of time reworking tracks and such.    Costing the label a lot of money in studio that was never repaid from the sales of the album.   MJ didn't have mental health problems (pedophilia is not a mental health condition) but he acted a lot like Kanye.   Everyone wrote it off as "eccentricity" because he was such a "genius."

Speaking of mental health.   Britney's dad released conversations from the personal conservator Jodi Montgomery that she has concerns about Britney's mental health.   Dad is using this to say that Britney needs another 5150 hold.   Montgomery shot back that is NOT what she said at all.   She said that Dad being an ass (paraphrasing that part) was affecting Britney's mental health, as it would for anyone.     She called for Dad to step down from managing the money.     Now that the professional people are speaking out, it is really showing Dad is the reason the conservatorship has gone on for so long.   I bet if Brit shows any  emotion at all he just threatens her with another 5150 hold.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
39 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Speaking of mental health.   Britney's dad released conversations from the personal conservator Jodi Montgomery that she has concerns about Britney's mental health.   Dad is using this to say that Britney needs another 5150 hold.   Montgomery shot back that is NOT what she said at all.   She said that Dad being an ass (paraphrasing that part) was affecting Britney's mental health, as it would for anyone.     She called for Dad to step down from managing the money.     Now that the professional people are speaking out, it is really showing Dad is the reason the conservatorship has gone on for so long.   I bet if Brit shows any  emotion at all he just threatens her with another 5150 hold.  

Ah, the irony of the days when Mr. Spears's spin held sway over so many. Folks who bought it said that since we (the public) didn't know what was 'really' going on with Miss Spears, Mr. Spears NEEDED to have conservatorship over her monies and person. However, the more that comes out, the more it becomes evident to me that folks truly didn't know what was 'really' going on with Mr. Spears!  If nothing else comes out of this, I hope people become less inclined to buy the spin of those who could potentially be profiteering from claiming others are incompetent instead of attempting to question whether those who are claimed to be incompetent might actually BE competent enough to make their own decisions (good and otherwise) about their monies and their lives,etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I was too young for LA Law, so my first glimpse of Harry Hamlin was watching Clash of the Titans with my dad on a Sunday afternoon even if I was a mere babe when that film first premiered.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Leeds said:

5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I associate him with Veronica Mars

Sorry if this has been posted before, I looked but don't see it. Britney's father paid himself $16,000 a month, but only let Britney have $14,000 a month

https://www.yahoo.com/news/court-document-claims-britneys-spears-022500316.html

"Mr. Spears has profited handsomely from his daughter's conservatorship. By way of illustration only, since at least 2009, Mr. Spears has been paying himself $16,000 per month from Ms. Spears's Estate, $2,000 more than he has allotted to Ms. Spears," Rosengart wrote in the filings reviewed by Insider.

Call me cynical but I do think part of why Britney seems to be pushing for her birth control removal is because her hottie mancandy wants himself a secure meal ticket and the window for that is closing. I mean, it worked out for KFed. (Seriously, I hope the dude saved up because the gravy train on that is going to be done in about six years.)

Don't get me wrong, I do think a woman has a right to her own reproductive system, but man I hope if she does get pregnant, she's carefully watched because I don't think you can be on anti-depressants while you're pregnant.

I wish someone would sit down with her and sensitively bring up the possibility of surrogacy, if she's really set on having another biological child.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 16
27 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Call me cynical but I do think part of why Britney seems to be pushing for her birth control removal is because her hottie mancandy wants himself a secure meal ticket and the window for that is closing. I mean, it worked out for KFed. (Seriously, I hope the dude saved up because the gravy train on that is going to be done in about six years.)

Don't get me wrong, I do think a woman has a right to her own reproductive system, but man I hope if she does get pregnant, she's carefully watched because I don't think you can be on anti-depressants while you're pregnant.

I wish someone would sit down with her and sensitively bring up the possibility of surrogacy, if she's really set on having another biological child.

It depends on the antidepressants but some are safe for pregnant women to take. I want Britney to be able to enjoy her life before allowing another man to use her as a meal ticket so I hope she doesn’t get pregnant from this guy. I don’t trust him. 

• Love 15