Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, AgentRXS said:

It depends on the antidepressants but some are safe for pregnant women to take. I want Britney to be able to enjoy her life before allowing another man to use her as a meal ticket so I hope she doesn’t get pregnant from this guy. I don’t trust him. 

The fan theory seems to be that Sam is gay, which would basically make Britney Daisy from Inside Daisy Clover and man is that depressing. (If you don't get my reference, just think Judy Garland or Liza Minelli.) 

Personally, and again, I fully respect a woman's right to chose, but I just keep getting that vibe that Sam is pushing her to have another kid for meal ticket status. I honestly remember getting the vibe that Britney was content with having two kids during this doc I remember watching during her Britney Jean era. (She looked so happy and healthy at that time that it sucks to see where she's gone.) 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

I don't think you can be on anti-depressants while you're pregnant.

Yes women can, and should if their health requires it.  Just like how men overwhelmingly do not need to stop taking their mental health medication in order to create a healthy fetus, nor do women, even with the additional burden of gestation.  The risks - to both the patient and her fetus - of untreated depression are significantly greater than those from taking most anti-depressant medications during pregnancy.  The risks associated with the latter are very low, and reduced even further by changing the dosage or medication if necessary based on circumstances.  Which generally isn't called for; typical doses of most SSRIs and SNRIs are good to go.

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 8
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

The fan theory seems to be that Sam is gay, which would basically make Britney Daisy from Inside Daisy Clover and man is that depressing. (If you don't get my reference, just think Judy Garland or Liza Minelli.) 

Personally, and again, I fully respect a woman's right to chose, but I just keep getting that vibe that Sam is pushing her to have another kid for meal ticket status. I honestly remember getting the vibe that Britney was content with having two kids during this doc I remember watching during her Britney Jean era. (She looked so happy and healthy at that time that it sucks to see where she's gone.) 

That's interesting. I actually remember Britney saying years ago she wanted another baby. 

I don't know much about Sam other than he's young and handsome. It's definitely possible he's also pushing for a meal ticket, but I hope for her sake he's one of the few good people in her life. She needs to catch a break. 

• Love 6

Or maybe, since Britany has lost so much of her sons' childhood, she wants another child before it's too late, without any prompting.  Or maybe she always wanted another go at getting a girl.  There are lots of possibilities and she deserves the right to give it a shot, no matter why.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

Before having another child, Britney should listen to the stories from adult children who grew up with parents who suffered with mental illness and didn’t think they needed treatment.  It’s painful for children and other family members.  Even with a nanny, it would be challenging. Each day is unpredictable.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Before having another child, Britney should listen to the stories from adult children who grew up with parents who suffered with mental illness and didn’t think they needed treatment.  It’s painful for children and other family members.  Even with a nanny, it would be challenging. Each day is unpredictable.  

Do we know that Britney thinks she doesn't need treatment?  I haven't heard that she disputes her psychiatric diagnosis; just that she doesn't want her father involved in her life.  

And, once again, it is also difficult for kids who are born to alcoholics, drug addicts, various criminal types, etc; in a free society, we don't get to decide who should or shouldn't have children.

In Britney's case, she has seemingly been fairly mentally stable for years, there are far worse candidates for motherhood than her.

• Love 16

My hope for Britney is that this Sam dude is a decent guy, they have a baby and get to be a family, something I think Britney clearly wants and has never actually had. I wouldn't call the leeches she's had in her life a family. This woman has suffered so much for so long I just want her to find some happiness. I kind of hope she gets out of the public eye for a good, long while too, but I think that ship sailed a long time ago and even if it's what she wants.

• Love 22

I find it disgusting that Britney's father gets more income from her earnings than she does.    

Yes, he gets $16,000 a month and she only gets up to $14,000, all of which has to be authorized by him.     

https://stylecaster.com/jamie-spears-net-worth/

Apparently the only one who's not on the payroll is the sister, but the rest of the family are, and have been for years.   The father also gets paid for fighting to keep the conservatorship, supposedly about $2 million.    Plus, the conservator funds pay for his office space rental, and other expenses. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/britney-spears-pays-her-whole-family-except-jamie-lynn-spears/

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15

There’s always a paper trail.  Annual accountings are required, so the court has reviewed and approved the disbursements and expenses in Britney’s estate.  People can make all kinds of allegations.  Presenting evidence and proving improper conduct is another thing.  

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

There’s always a paper trail.  Annual accountings are required, so the court has reviewed and approved the disbursements and expenses in Britney’s estate.  People can make all kinds of allegations.  Presenting evidence and proving improper conduct is another thing.  

Most of the numbers being reported have come from court filings related to the conservatorship and we’re  approved. Just because a court approves something doesn’t mean its not fucked up. It’s why the story with her conservatorship has helped to put a light on a lot of the failures of the system and helped to highlight the calls for reform that have been happening separately from her case.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 19
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

As @biakbiak said people are outraged over the official numbers. The new lawyer has alleged mismanagement by Jamie Spears and has asked for an audit into his management of her estate. 

Setting aside all of that, the way Jamie Spears is defending himself is what make me question him the most. It all seems to be about maintaining control rather then what is right for Britney. I could understand somewhat if he was fighting against ending the conservatorship but, right now, he is just fighting to keep independent professionals out. 

The judge refused to remove Jamie Spears today or move up the court hearing, both requested by Britney and Matthew Rosengart. There is also a new claim that Jamie Spears and/or Jodi Montgomery (they are pointing the fingers at each other, naturally) wanted to put Britney under a 5150 hold after her initial testimony in court at the end of June. 

I hate being the one to say this but the silver lining of all of this being so public and so in-your-face in the news, is that Britney can't end up dead before her court hearing without a lot of questions.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Britney Spears only gets to spend 168k a year of her own money, while her father is paying himself 192k a year. Meanwhile she had to pay Kevin Federline a reported 60k a month so he can maintain a lifestyle comparable to hers not just for her children with him but his other kids? Wow, that is fucked up all around. And sixty million seems like a absurdly low amount for her to have as a net worth. All that work and the sacrifice of her childhood and young adulthood and she couldn't even buy a top line Porsche Maserarti if she wanted to? The hell?

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Britney Spears only gets to spend 168k a year of her own money, while her father is paying himself 192k a year. Meanwhile she had to pay Kevin Federline a reported 60k a month so he can maintain a lifestyle comparable to hers not just for her children with him but his other kids? Wow, that is fucked up all around. And sixty million seems like a absurdly low amount for her to have as a net worth. All that work and the sacrifice of her childhood and young adulthood and she couldn't even buy a top line Porsche Maserarti if she wanted to? The hell?

That 60 grand a month child support is on top of Britney paying for all of her boys' expenses--health insurance, tuition and fees, etc.  Her eldest son turns 16 this year, so I assume she will also be paying for his car and insurance for that as well if she already is not.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7

QT treats women like shit on the regular, but ... I mean, why would anyone expect him to give his mom money?  I have never understood the idea that rich people are somehow ethically or morally incited to give money to their family members.  Yes, helping your parents as they age is a good thing, and the right thing to do in many cases, but it's not always.  Someone who doesn't support you and mocks you don't deserve shit.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

If you look at the articles in my previous post, Jamie Spears has also used about $2 million for attorney fees to fight kicking him out of the conservatorship, and every penny came from Britney's money.

He also received a percentage of her Vegas money on top of this... over $2M.

Meanwhile, she couldn't buy an iPad. 

I'm not a Tarantino fan and I think he has a multitude of issues, but I don't think he owes his mother anything, especially if she is as toxic as that anecdote seems. I have a poor relationship with my own mother and am always shocked how people act like you're just supposed to let someone treat you like utter shit because they gave birth to you. Um, no.

Honestly, him giving her money for an IRS thing is more than I'd ever do for my own mom. We haven't spoken or seen each other in 22 years, and I don't want her to have anything of mine either. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 24
1 hour ago, Macbeth said:

Tarantino has never and will never give his mother money from his success.  He claims she belittled his career goals when he was a child.

If his mother spoke to him the way he claims she did I certainly don't blame him for holding a grudge - but in some defense of parents who don't always support their kids dreams, for every Tarantino there are a thousand others barely scraping by because they didn't get an education or train for a career because they focused on an elusive dream -  as the song goes:

LA is a great big freeway
Put a hundred down and buy a car
In a week, maybe two, they'll make you a star
Weeks turn into years, how quick they pass
And all the stars that never were
Are parking cars and pumping gas

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm not a Tarantino fan and I think he has a multitude of issues, but I don't think he owes his mother anything, especially if she is as toxic as that anecdote seems. I have a poor relationship with my own mother and am always shocked how people act like you're just supposed to let someone treat you like utter shit because they gave birth to you. Um, no.

Honestly, him giving her money for an IRS thing is more than I'd ever do for my own mom. We haven't spoken or seen each other in 22 years, and I don't want her to have anything of mine either. 

I am not saying Querentino owes his mother money.  Not at all.  

I am just saying that given his animosity towards women - I am not shocked by his attitude towards his own mother.

Given her comments - she shouldn't be expecting anything from her son.   Now how much of his misogny can be attributed to her - I can't say.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

If his mother spoke to him the way he claims she did I certainly don't blame him for holding a grudge - but in some defense of parents who don't always support their kids dreams, for every Tarantino there are a thousand others barely scraping by because they didn't get an education or train for a career because they focused on an elusive dream -  as the song goes:

LA is a great big freeway
Put a hundred down and buy a car
In a week, maybe two, they'll make you a star
Weeks turn into years, how quick they pass
And all the stars that never were
Are parking cars and pumping gas

Yeah I think there is a way to be supportive of your child while also ensuring that they are being realistic. My dad and grandparents have done that with me, and I appreciated that their honesty was always combined with them clearly still supporting whatever it was I was doing, even when they clearly didn't understand it or why it was so important to me. But because it was important to me, they encouraged me and tried to appreciate whatever it was. 

She needed to stop him from submitting incorrect assignments and there's nothing wrong with ensuring he's aware of the fact that wanting to do something and making it at that are two different things, but she didn't have to shit all over his writing dreams while doing so. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

I am not saying Querentino owes his mother money.  Not at all.  

I am just saying that given his animosity towards women - I am not shocked by his attitude towards his own mother.

Given her comments - she shouldn't be expecting anything from her son.   Now how much of his misogny can be attributed to her - I can't say.  

It just doesn't seem inherently misogynistic to me to not give her money from his writing career after she was so dismissive of his writing career. If his father had done that to him and he didnt give him money, I wouldn't see it as misandrist. 

Whether or not Tarantino is a misogynist (and the role his toxic relationship with his mom plays into that) is a different argument. Like I said, dude has issues, and it wouldn't surprise me if his relationship with her colors how he views and treats women. But I think there are infinitely better reasons to claim he is a misogynist than the fact he doesn't want to share the wealth with her after the way she spoke to him as a child.  

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That 60 grand a month child support is on top of Britney paying for all of her boys' expenses--health insurance, tuition and fees, etc.  Her eldest son turns 16 this year, so I assume she will also be paying for his car and insurance for that as well if she already is not.

That is such massive bullshit. KFed apparently makes something like 36k-40k a year but he gets to have 720k a year to basically keep up a lifestyle for himself and his kids (that include the non-Britney ones) that he's not entitled to. I never thought I'd feel this angry on Britney's behalf. Her lazy no-good ex gets to live like a millionaire while she has to get permission to get an iPad? Wtf?

• Love 21
On 8/4/2021 at 7:37 PM, Everina said:

Harry Hamlin?  Isn't that the guy who played Jim Cutler on Mad Men?

On 8/7/2021 at 1:22 AM, Leeds said:

I'm old so I associate him with LA Law, which debuted in 1986.

On 8/7/2021 at 10:59 AM, merylinkid said:

young'un.   I associate him with Clash of the Titans, the original one.   

Ding ding ding!  That's the film where he and Ursula Andress met in the first place.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 3

I'm not a big Quentin Tarantino fan but that BuzzFeed "article" is pure clickbait.  Starts with one of those ridiculous  "X Star Doesn't Do Blank and I'm Appalled" headlines and proceeds to be nothing more than paragraphs with short quotes from the actual podcast.  Was Tarantino serious?  Was he joking?  Who knows!  No context is given. Made (the universal) you look though.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Alfred Molina and Jennifer Lee got married

Good for them. Alfred deserves to be happy. That wedding looked lovely.

Heck, I didn't even know they were a couple! I'm happy for them, especially Alfred. His wife of over 30 years, Jill Gascoine, died last year after after a long, long struggle with dementia.

Ms. Lee, you picked a great man as your husband, my congrats to you both. 

• Love 13
17 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

That is such massive bullshit. KFed apparently makes something like 36k-40k a year but he gets to have 720k a year to basically keep up a lifestyle for himself and his kids (that include the non-Britney ones) that he's not entitled to. I never thought I'd feel this angry on Britney's behalf. Her lazy no-good ex gets to live like a millionaire while she has to get permission to get an iPad? Wtf?

I agree I have to wonder if Britney will someday be declared competent only to find she has no money left. Her father shouldn't be paid a salary to do what others with less money do for free. Kevin Federline shouldn't be using her money to support his other children IMO it's fraud.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Her lazy no-good ex gets to live like a millionaire while she has to get permission to get an iPad?

Just because she just got an iPad doesn't mean that she had to get permission for one. She might just not wanted to have a tablet and just did everything on her phone. She may have just decided that now was the time to get one. 

I know a lot of people who don't or never had an iPad. I don't or never had an iPad.

40 minutes ago, kathyk24 said:

Her father shouldn't be paid a salary to do what others with less money do for free.

From my understanding that anyone who has a conservator appointed that conservator gets paid.  Anyone who has to spend time managing someone else's life deserves to get compensated for their time. The amount her father gets paid I have a problem with.

18 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

That is such massive bullshit. KFed apparently makes something like 36k-40k a year but he gets to have 720k a year to basically keep up a lifestyle for himself and his kids

I don't have a problem with this. He probably doesn't even get as much percentagewise as some women get from their exes. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kathyk24 said:

I agree I have to wonder if Britney will someday be declared competent only to find she has no money left. Her father shouldn't be paid a salary to do what others with less money do for free. Kevin Federline shouldn't be using her money to support his other children IMO it's fraud.

The money K-Fed gets from Britney does have an expiration date.   Their oldest turns 16 this year, so time's a ticking.  I do feel bad for his other children though.  It's not their fault their dad is a washed up dancer dependent on his child support from his ex-wife.  Kevin should have pivoted to a steadier stream of income years ago.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The money K-Fed gets from Britney does have an expiration date.   Their oldest turns 16 this year, so time's a ticking.  I do feel bad for his other children though.

And the younger one is about 14 - so at best the ex has 4 more years to live off the child support.  I hope for the sake of the younger kids that he's socked a little of that money away.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

t.  I hope for the sake of the younger kids that he's socked a little of that money away.

There are only two that are younger 9 and 6 respectively than Britney’s children. I think he will be able to manage. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

There are only two that are younger 9 and 6 respectively than Britney’s children. I think he will be able to manage. 

Does he have any income aside from the child support?  I've known women who supplemented their income with child support (and a few who honestly didn't seem to think this "extra" money would ever end) but there was no way child support in a typical family would ever be enough to support the family.  Of course we're not talking about a typical family here!

• Love 4
On 8/9/2021 at 2:31 PM, ouinason said:

QT treats women like shit on the regular, but ... I mean, why would anyone expect him to give his mom money?  I have never understood the idea that rich people are somehow ethically or morally incited to give money to their family members.  Yes, helping your parents as they age is a good thing, and the right thing to do in many cases, but it's not always.  Someone who doesn't support you and mocks you don't deserve shit.

This.  My mother is an abuser.  If I had millions of dollars, I can't say with confidence that I would give her anything, either.

Now, that's not to say I don't think QT is an asshole, because I totally do...but, I'm not going to assume that his mom is some poor old woman evil QT just refuses to help, if only because of my own experience.  I need more detail.

• Love 12

Two things that have absolutely nothing in common, expect they involve celebrities.

'Dog the Bounty Hunter' is getting married. You all may remember his wife Beth died of cancer two years ago and he was devastated. New wife will be Francie Frane, who lost her husband, Bob, to cancer before Beth Chapman died. She appears to have no connections with the entertainment business so I guess that's good for him?

And thanks to Rickrolling, the video for Never Gonna Give You Up has passed a billion views.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9

"It's like, OK, that's a film I can't say I'm totally in love with, but this isn't a hobby. It's how I take care of my children," Berry added. "But I try to keep that sense of wonder and stay curious. Because being a Black woman, I haven't always had parts that I absolutely love."

Despite earning Hollywood's top honor for her performance in 2001's Monsters Ball — she's still the only Black woman in history to win a Best Actress Oscar — Berry didn't get the types of offers that poured in for her white predecessors.

"It was surprising," Berry said of the aftermath, admitting she expected to line up major projects and work with top directors — but nothing came. "Because I thought they were going to just back up the truck and drop them off at my house, right? When you have a historic win like that, you think, 'Oh, this is going to fundamentally change.' It did fundamentally change me, but it didn't change my place in the business overnight. I still had to go back to work. I still had to try to fight to make a way out of no way."

Take Catwoman, for example, the box office flop that earned Berry a Razzie award two years later. The superstar has the perfect outlook on that one.

"It was one of the biggest paydays of my whole life, which, there's nothing wrong with that," she exclaimed. "I don't want to feel like 'Oh, I can only do award-worthy stuff.' What is an award-worthy performance?"

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/halle-berry-2002-oscar-aftermath-193503078.html

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The money K-Fed gets from Britney does have an expiration date.   Their oldest turns 16 this year, so time's a ticking.  I do feel bad for his other children though.  It's not their fault their dad is a washed up dancer dependent on his child support from his ex-wife.  Kevin should have pivoted to a steadier stream of income years ago.

There’s an expiration date on her legal requirement to pay him but as long as he as a good relationship with his kids he’ll probably still receive money for her indirectly. 

She was always going to have to pay him a lot of money because no matter what his new job was going to be, she would make a whole lot more.  Has Britney ever complained that Kevin is mistreating their kids?  I would hope she is looking at how he is raising their children and can consider it money well spent.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Dani said:

There’s an expiration date on her legal requirement to pay him but as long as he as a good relationship with his kids he’ll probably still receive money for her indirectly. 

That’s IF the kids continue to live with him after they turn 18. That’s the other magic change that can happen, they can choose to live with their mom if they want and then why would she pay him anything?

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, letter8358 said:

Now I know who's the favorite son and it's not Chet

I am sorry, but wasn't he accused of sexual assault by his girlfriend.....keep telling yourself, you douchebag! Jerk! Now I know who is the favorite son by Rita and Tom Hanks! I have an answer and it is not you, Chet!

Man, I feel so sorry for the elder Mr. Hanks and Miss Wilson. I'll bet when they were stricken in Australia last year -unsure IF they'd ever be able to return to the US (or even survive)  they would have never imagined that one of their offspring would later liken what they'd been through as ' the [blanking] flu' . Unless the Hankses somehow managed to pull the ultimate 'street angel/house devil' act re raising him, it looks as though this could show that sometimes wonderful folks can do right by their offspring and STILL have one of their own turn out to be one big lemon that no one would want for their lemonade pitcher. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, kariyaki said:

That’s IF the kids continue to live with him after they turn 18. That’s the other magic change that can happen, they can choose to live with their mom if they want and then why would she pay him anything?

There is absolutely no indication that they don’t have a good relationship with him and given the biggest story they have been involved in was when one accurately called his grandfather a dick on IGlive but have been fairly quiet and appear to have a fairly normal life he seems to be a decent father. 

• Love 4