Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Crs97 said:

She was always going to have to pay him a lot of money because no matter what his new job was going to be, she would make a whole lot more.  Has Britney ever complained that Kevin is mistreating their kids?  I would hope she is looking at how he is raising their children and can consider it money well spent.

In fact, she sent her kids back to Kevin during some of her very limited time with them when her dad assaulted one of her kids. It seems clear that whatever his faults, she trusts him as a father. 

There have been stories over the years about Britney complaining in legal filings about his high demands for support but knowing what we know now, it's just as likely that Jamie was upset because more money for Kevin means less money for him.

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Blergh said:

Man, I feel so sorry for the elder Mr. Hanks and Miss Wilson. I'll bet when they were stricken in Australia last year -unsure IF they'd ever be able to return to the US (or even survive)  they would have never imagined that one of their offspring would later liken what they'd been through as ' the [blanking] flu' . Unless the Hankses somehow managed to pull the ultimate 'street angel/house devil' act re raising him, it looks as though this could show that sometimes wonderful folks can do right by their offspring and STILL have one of their own turn out to be one big lemon that no one would want for their lemonade pitcher. 

As if Kylo Ren wasn't proof enough.

(Yes, I know that's fictional, but I couldn't resist lol)

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

From that Frank Abagnale Jr. story. Yikes, if it was a story about a stalker the whole time...

“What really happened was that, dressed as a TWA (Trans World Airlines) pilot, which he only did for a few weeks, [Abagnale] befriended a flight attendant called Paula Parks,” Logan said. “He followed her all over the Eastern Seaboard, identified her work schedule through deceptive means, and essentially stalked the woman.”

Parks didn’t know what to do with him. She tried to tell him that she wasn’t interested, but he was persistent. He even showed up at her apartment in New Orleans. She told him then that she was going to go visit her parents in Baton Rouge, and he tagged along.

“So Frank Abagnale meets her parents in Baton Rouge. Frank and Paula … part ways, and a few days later, Frank Abagnale shows back up at [her parents’] house in Baton Rouge and said, ‘Hey, I’m Paula’s friend. Remember me? I’m on furlough as a pilot.’ And they invited him in out of kindness.”

Abagnale stayed with the family for a while, in Parks’ room, and she was mortified. She didn’t trust him, but her family did. They cooked meals for him, and introduced him to people in Baton Rouge. He would take the family out to dinner and buy them flowers, earning their trust. All the while he was doing that with checks he stole from them, which he had rifled through. He stole about $1,200 from the family, and more from local businesses in Baton Rouge. In his book, Abagnale claimed that he never ripped off individuals, only hotels, airlines and banks.

Eventually, he was caught and arrested.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

There is absolutely no indication that they don’t have a good relationship with him

I wasn’t implying otherwise, but there are other reasons an adult child might choose to change their living arrangements when it’s 100% up to them. My brother’s kids did that when they turned 18 because they liked the area my brother lived in more than their mom’s. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, kariyaki said:

That’s IF the kids continue to live with him after they turn 18. That’s the other magic change that can happen, they can choose to live with their mom if they want and then why would she pay him anything?

I wasn’t referring to her continuing to pay him. That’s why I said he would still get money indirectly through the kids. By all accounts he has a very good relationship with his kids and there is a strong chance some money will funnel to him through the kids. 

I know many of you love Dolly Parton. She's coming out with her first novel and a companion album next year.

The country music queen has teamed up with bestselling author, James Patterson, to publish a novel that they co-wrote, they announced Wednesday.

Set in Tennessee, the novel titled "Run, Rose, Run" is about a young woman who moves to Nashville to pursue her dreams as a musician.

"She's a star on the rise, singing about the hard life behind her," a post on Patterson's website states. "She's also on the run. Find a future, lose a past. Nashville is where she's come to claim her destiny. It's also where the darkness she's fled might find her. And destroy her." ...

The 448-page book will be accompanied by an album based on its characters and situations.

• Useful 3
  • Love 21
17 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can honestly see him having a contest where the top prize is writing a book with him.  

I've never really recovered from my rage over his Read, Kiddo, Read website--which is supposed to help parents find the best, current kids' lit--prominently advertising his own crappy books. I just checked, and it is less obvious than it was a couple of years ago, but he's still got it wormed in there. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can honestly see him having a contest where the top prize is writing a book with him.  

Bonza! I'll handle all the plot and drama, stick him with the tedious astrophysics. I love space opera, but I'm not great with the research.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, ratgirlagogo said:

How did Martin Sheen raise Charlie?

Being away on sets and an alcoholic for a good chunk of his childhood, so not being that active in the raising?

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • Love 16

Martin Sheen is no saint.   And a lot of enabling of his kid's acting out when the kid was younger led to an entitled young man.

At least with Chet Hanks, hey sometimes kids aren't carbon copies of their parents but have their own personalities and ideas.   

• Love 18
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

At least with Chet Hanks, hey sometimes kids aren't carbon copies of their parents but have their own personalities and ideas.   

One of my best friends was a home health aid for Tom Hanks mother for quite a few years before her death.  She was even invited to the funeral.  She said Tom and Rita were very nice.  She never once mentioned Chet.

• Useful 3
  • Love 20
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Being away on sets and an alcoholic for a good chunk of his childhood, so not being that active in the raising?

How funny this came up. I read Martin (and Emilio's) book just last week. Yeah, dragging his children around the world so he doesn't have to be alone on sets isn't the most stable life for them. During Apocalypse Now,  Emilio had a knocked out dragged out fight with his dad so he can go back to the states to attend school. Charlie had to stay.

• Useful 10
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

How funny this came up. I read Martin (and Emilio's) book just last week. Yeah, dragging his children around the world so he doesn't have to be alone on sets isn't the most stable life for them. During Apocalypse Now,  Emilio had a knocked out dragged out fight with his dad so he can go back to the states to attend school. Charlie had to stay.

Hell Martin Sheen currently doesn’t think OJ did it. Martin Sheen is no Tom Hanks. It should also be noted that while Tom Hanks was involved in Colin Hanks life, Colin was mostly raised by his mother in Sacramento. Truman hasn’t shown his ass so I guess Chet could be anomaly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

I read Martin (and Emilio's) book just last week.

Again if you rewatch Laurence is only 14 in that movie! He grew into his ears but he is a baby in that movie who had to deal with all of that bullshit and act! 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5

Alas, Mr. Sheen has somewhat (albeit unintentionally) spelled it out that he's  treated his youngest son Charlie as though he could do no wrong his whole life and THAT seems to have been a significant contributing factor in the latter's downfall -yet, despite the latter's notorious history, he insists that his son is 'his hero'.

AFAIK, there doesn't seem to be any evidence that the Hanks parents have done so re their elder son Chet but it seems probable that he wound up becoming a jerk despite their efforts. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Blergh said:

. Sheen has somewhat (albeit unintentionally) spelled it out that he's  treated his youngest son Charlie as though he could do no wrong his whole life and THAT seems to have been a significant contributing factor in the latter's downfall -yet, despite the latter's notorious history, he insists that his son is 'his hero'.

When did he state that? He has not really commented much on his children’s childhood other than to say he was mostly absent. Charlie is only three years younger than his oldest brother, Emilio and was not sober for their childhoods.

As I mentioned above current sober Martin Sheen believes a ton of crazy ass conspiracy theories so he is not someone who should be heralded. He might not be talking about tiger blood but he put money into and voiced a doc that says OJ is innocent.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

When did he state that? He has not really commented much on his children’s childhood other than to say he was mostly absent. Charlie is only three years younger than his oldest brother, Emilio and was not sober for their childhoods.

As I mentioned above current sober Martin Sheen believes a ton of crazy ass conspiracy theories so he is not someone who should be heralded. He might not be talking about tiger blood but he put money into and voiced a doc that says OJ is innocent.

As of 2017 in Closer Magazine, here is where Mr. Sheen terms Charlie 'his hero':

https://www.closerweekly.com/posts/martin-sheen-son-charlie-sheen-147868/

I've read where quite a few people close to the family say that Charlie is absolutely Martin's favorite. I feel like I've even seen an interview with Emilio where he acknowledges that Charlie was always daddy's favorite, and he accepts it, but I don't have time to hunt it down. 

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, Blergh said:

As of 2017 in Closer Magazine, here is where Mr. Sheen terms Charlie 'his hero':

https://www.closerweekly.com/posts/martin-sheen-son-charlie-sheen-147868/

So as an adult where he is talking about being proud about Charlie overcoming his addictions and nothing about how he was raised. Charlie also relapsed after that interview.  Again, I find them both so  problematic at this point that this is not surprising. I was responding to someone posting how did Martin Sheen raise Charlie Sheen, I stand by the assessment that he mostly didn’t and in later life is kind of an enabling asshat who is nearly as off the rails in his beliefs as Charlie.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Dancingjaneway said:

I was today years old when I found out that Martin Sheen thinks OJ is innocent. image.png.e13b7bb6a7b0e7298b8887c7659bfad8.png

And I always think of him as Jed Bartlett, this is a real disappointment. 🥺

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Emilio where he acknowledges that Charlie was always daddy's favorite, and he accepts it, but I don't have time to hunt it dow

They don’t really talk about their actual childhood because as the book indicates it was a lot of fucked up bullshit and fights due to Martin’s alcoholism. Everything I have ever seen and read, most of it having to do with the redemption that was TWW, is that the only child he every doted on was the youngest Renee who had a recurring role on the show.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 7

Filed under the completely unexpected and random things to read on twitter!  Someone was commenting on Method Man (the rapper) and declaring that he is one of the better rapper turned actors when Ellen Barkin chimed in:

1440971380_ScreenShot2021-08-12at4_42_47PM.thumb.png.da2544a418955422ac14c96c736c643d.png

• LOL 12
  • Love 12

Ellen Barkin’s Twitter is a national treasure, same with Jackée her recent tweet about Idris Elba is so dirty I won’t repost in case children are present! Adults should look it up! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Britney Spears’ Father Jamie Spears Steps Down From Conservatorship

Britney Spears’ father, Jamie Spears, has agreed to step down from his daughter’s conservatorship.

On Thursday, Spears’ father filed his response the singer’s petition for his suspension with the Los Angeles Superior Court, announcing his decision to step down, though his attorney states that there are “no actual grounds for suspending or removing” him. His attorney cites the “public battle with his daughter” as his reasoning for stepping down.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
12 minutes ago, AheadofStraight said:

Britney Spears’ Father Jamie Spears Steps Down From Conservatorship

Britney Spears’ father, Jamie Spears, has agreed to step down from his daughter’s conservatorship.

On Thursday, Spears’ father filed his response the singer’s petition for his suspension with the Los Angeles Superior Court, announcing his decision to step down, though his attorney states that there are “no actual grounds for suspending or removing” him. His attorney cites the “public battle with his daughter” as his reasoning for stepping down.

I.E. All the illegal things he did is going to be found out by the new lawyer/made public and he wants to be able to say he stepped aside willingly and wasn't forced out.

• Love 19
43 minutes ago, AheadofStraight said:

Maybe he thought 'f*ck it, I have enough money now. Let someone else deal with this mess.'

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Dancingjaneway said:

I was today years old when I found out that Martin Sheen thinks OJ is innocent. image.png.e13b7bb6a7b0e7298b8887c7659bfad8.png

Can you explain what "today years old" means?

3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Ellen Barkin’s Twitter is a national treasure, same with Jackée her recent tweet about Idris Elba is so dirty I won’t repost in case children are present! Adults should look it up! 

?

Edited by Leeds
  • LOL 1
35 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Today, you were this many years old when you found out something. Shortened to "today years old."

Still makes no sense.  Sigh.  I think I'm just stupid.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Doesn't matter why he stepped aside.  Now the focus can be on whether or not she needs a conservator, not whatever her father did or did not do as a conservator.

This! Now that he’s resigning from his role as conservator I think we may start to see the reality of what was really going on, and thus whether a conservator is needed or not. 

With him stepping down I would think this would perhaps  make it easier for her to get out of the conservatorship all together but we’ll see.  

• Love 4