Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Scarlett45

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Recommended Posts


3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5B2D041E-DCD1-40E1-829E-5AF5B44E5DE8.jpeg

So he who will not be named wasn't in the wedding party? I don't seem to remember. So many weddings! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

So he who will not be named wasn't in the wedding party? I don't seem to remember. So many weddings! 

I don't think so. John David seems to be in many of the wedding parties - but not all the brothers are. Josiah, Jed, Jer all got passed over it looks like? I actually get them all confused but its interesting that Austin is in there.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Josh was out of the house from 2008 to around 2017, so I think maybe he was in the older siblings' weddings but not the younger. I think from Josiah, who was 12 in 2008, on down - no Josh.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Hilaria commented: "If only there was sound with these pictures. 😂😂😂😂"

 

 

Edited by emmawoodhouse · Reason: These not those
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

So he who will not be named wasn't in the wedding party? I don't seem to remember. So many weddings! 

Frankly, I think that it's stranger that JD is in the wedding party than Smugface is not. Only because of age difference. I get Jackson, James, and Jason as they are closest in age to Justin. But yeah, why JD and not Joseph, Josiah, or the twins?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Frankly, I think that it's stranger that JD is in the wedding party than Smugface is not. Only because of age difference. I get Jackson, James, and Jason as they are closest in age to Justin. But yeah, why JD and not Joseph, Josiah, or the twins?

Maybe because JD is the older brother that they look up to because they can't with Smuggar. 

  • Like 16
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

He honestly might view JD as more of a paternal figure than Jim Bob too. 

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5B2D041E-DCD1-40E1-829E-5AF5B44E5DE8.jpeg

 

12 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I don't think so. John David seems to be in many of the wedding parties - but not all the brothers are. Josiah, Jed, Jer all got passed over it looks like? I actually get them all confused but its interesting that Austin is in there.

Agree, I find it interesting that Jed, jer, and Josiah were not in it but Austin was. I am curious how that works out as far as family dynamics. Like, are they hurt not to be included?  Relieved they don’t have to go through the rigamarole?  Neutral and don’t care either way? 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I'm wondering if this is common in families with a lot of kids.  My mother is the youngest of 10 (NOT fundy, just a good German Lutheran family), and none of her siblings were in her wedding party.  My one aunt was married at the Little Brown Church, which is only about an hour from their house, and most of the siblings did not even attend.  I don't think any of the brothers and sisters attended her oldest sister's wedding, but that was in another part of the state.  They were all church weddings, but there didn't seem a need to be there.  And yes, they all did like each other and did other family things together.  Maybe with that many children it becomes "event overload".  So I'm guessing that the Dugger kids don't feel left out and don't care either way.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

If she is pregnant I only have one thing to say and it is took long enough. 

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

If she is pregnant I only have one thing to say and it is took long enough. 

I’m sure that’s what Hilary would be thinking if she is.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

What a fun life these kids have, shopping with a Duggar brother. Do those boys ever stay home or do they get some maternal affection from Hillaria and that's why they show up in Texas all the time? I'm sure she tells Claire to share everything they do on social media so she has something to respond to.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

The random Duggar boys probably go to the Spiveys frequently because it sounds like they get more food and love than they get at home. 

  • Like 15
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, beckie said:

The random Duggar boys probably go to the Spiveys frequently because it sounds like they get more food and love than they get at home. 

Plus, the atmosphere around the TTH must be pretty grim these days. I'd get away if I could, too.

 

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

I was wondering what do James, Jason and Justin actually talk about when Jase and James visit? They came for Robbie Spivey's graduation and James stayed a few extra days maybe. but in that time did they talk about Josh or how are things at home for those still living there or anything? Does Justin say hurry up and get married and get out? Do the other 2 say we can't because pops won't approve a courtship now because Josh or whatever?

or is their conversation all fluff and Hilaria fawning over them....

 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

How far of a drive is it from NW Arkansas to wherever the Spiveys live in Texas? I don't know what area of TX they are in. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, christine falls said:

How far of a drive is it from NW Arkansas to wherever the Spiveys live in Texas? I don't know what area of TX they are in. 

They're in suburban Ft. Worth. I'm too lazy to Google up a map.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

It’s a 6 hour drive. 
I would love to think that the howlers actually are close and when they get together they all complain about Josh.  But who knows?

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

When I was at the U of A, I had a student from Dallas in my freshman comp class tell me that the distance between NWA and Dallas was perfect because it meant she was too far from home for her family to come visit her every weekend, but it wasn't too far to drive in a day when she did want to go home.

Maybe the J kids who like hanging out in Ft. Worth with the Spiveys feel like the distance is enough to dissuade their parents from wanting to tag along but not enough to inconvenience themselves too much with the drive. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I'm closer to Dallas, but yep about a 6 hour drive to NW Arkansas. A lot closer than I expected it to be. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours is a long drive. We have relatives in upstate NY and we'd make that drive, a 6 - 8 hour drive, at least twice a year. You definitely want at least two days in between driving days, because that long in a car is boringly exhausting. 

I think the Duggar boys either really like hanging with the Spiveys or they're scouting potential mates, or both. IMO, its not a drive that you want to make just on a whim or because you're bored very often, even if you're an aimless Duggar. 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

6 hours is a long drive. We have relatives in upstate NY and we'd make that drive, a 6 - 8 hour drive, at least twice a year. You definitely want at least two days in between driving days, because that long in a car is boringly exhausting. 

I think the Duggar boys either really like hanging with the Spiveys or they're scouting potential mates, or both. IMO, its not a drive that you want to make just on a whim or because you're bored very often, even if you're an aimless Duggar. 

I hate road trips (I fly everywhere), so 6hrs in the car sounds uncomfortable for me- but the Duggar boys don’t exactly have thrilling careers, educational pursuits or a full social calendar in NW Arkansas.

I could see them enjoying hanging with Justin/Claire, meeting different girls and getting away from the TTH. 

Also some people like driving more than others- they are all young with no mobility concerns, they likely take turns driving. 

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I hate road trips (I fly everywhere), so 6hrs in the car sounds uncomfortable for me- but the Duggar boys don’t exactly have thrilling careers, educational pursuits or a full social calendar in NW Arkansas.

I could see them enjoying hanging with Justin/Claire, meeting different girls and getting away from the TTH. 

Also some people like driving more than others- they are all young with no mobility concerns, they likely take turns driving. 

Yes, my husband and I were young when we started making these drives. We took turns at the wheel. Much like flying for 6 hours, its just tiring. To me and my family, anyways.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

My family are masochists who make the 13-ish-hour trip from Arkansas to North Carolina in one day. Consequently, my meter of what is a normal distance to drive is pretty broken. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

My guess is that also life in the TTH is likely more miserable than its usual baseline, so they're probably more than happy to make their escape any chance they get, and going to get love-bombed by Hilaria visit Justin is the most acceptable escape option.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

The Howlers appear to have a lot more freedom that their siblings. They appear to have actual friends and to go on ski trips, and off-roading excursions, etc. There really are no comparable photos of Joe or Josiah off on a road trip yukking it up with friends.

They also appear to genuinely enjoy one another's company. In the photos of them together, they appear to be genuinely enjoying themselves and you don't see the forced smiles that you see when the older siblings are together. I can easily see them driving six hours to hang with their brother, get away from the TTH, and get fed by Hilaria.

  • Like 15
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

I think the Howlers essentially raised each other, and their parents never bothered with them before, so why bother with them now? I think they're given an allowance and basically left to do whatever they want.

Some of it is gender, I think, because the Lost Girls seem just as suffocated and insulated as ever. But some of it might be their parents just not caring all that much, because the older boys seemed to have been given a lot more pressure and attention.

To be honest, in this family, it seems like the less attention a kid gets, especially a male kid, the better. Maybe the parents only notice a kid when he's "making trouble" or they're trying to force him into a very specific mold.

I will say that they seem like relatively nice kids (I mean "relative" considering how they've been taught to dehumanize so many other people). A lot of tight groups of guys that age give off a predatory wolf pack vibe, and I don't really see that with them. Of course, maybe it's just not pinging my radar, what do I know.

  • Like 11
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, rue721 said:

I think the Howlers essentially raised each other, and their parents never bothered with them before, so why bother with them now? I think they're given an allowance and basically left to do whatever they want.

Some of it is gender, I think, because the Lost Girls seem just as suffocated and insulated as ever. But some of it might be their parents just not caring all that much, because the older boys seemed to have been given a lot more pressure and attention.

To be honest, in this family, it seems like the less attention a kid gets, especially a male kid, the better. Maybe the parents only notice a kid when he's "making trouble" or they're trying to force him into a very specific mold.

I will say that they seem like relatively nice kids (I mean "relative" considering how they've been taught to dehumanize so many other people). A lot of tight groups of guys that age give off a predatory wolf pack vibe, and I don't really see that with them. Of course, maybe it's just not pinging my radar, what do I know.

Taking this to the “Other Duggar” thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

6 hours is a long drive. We have relatives in upstate NY and we'd make that drive, a 6 - 8 hour drive, at least twice a year. You definitely want at least two days in between driving days, because that long in a car is boringly exhausting. 

I think the Duggar boys either really like hanging with the Spiveys or they're scouting potential mates, or both. IMO, its not a drive that you want to make just on a whim or because you're bored very often, even if you're an aimless Duggar. 

I don’t mind a 6 hour car trip and have made many, but I agree it’s not something you do on a regular basis. Especially now with the high price of gas. I guess JB’s allowance is enough to cover that.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Also some people like driving more than others- they are all young with no mobility concerns, they likely take turns driving. 

And they can crank up the radio and listen to that Satanic rock-and-roll music!

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

And they can crank up the radio and listen to that Satanic rock-and-roll music!

One of the joys of life - driving with the music turned up loud! And yes, it must be rock and roll.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

On 5/27/2021 at 7:16 AM, ginger90 said:

5B2D041E-DCD1-40E1-829E-5AF5B44E5DE8.jpeg

To me there is a vague young-Eddie-Redmayne look to Jackson (that's who it is on the far left, right?) in this picture.

(Unfortunately he will most likely get hit by the Duggar Male Puberty Curse™️ and morph into a middle-aged man by the time he's in his early to mid-20s. Oh well.)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours is a nothing drive when you are early 20's and home life sucks and you have an option to get away. Stop for gas buy whatever junk food you want etc.

I can picture the howlers from Jason on down enjoying this.  Can't imagine JD, Joe or Josiah feeling free on a 6 hour drive with a brother. Jed! and Jeer maybe, but we have not seen them doing that so probably not, or they have no one to visit, or they fly duggar aviation.

It seems the howler crowd has done hunting road trips with Joy and Austin to the BuckVentures ranches and have been on ski trips without the parents. So yes, way more freedom for the howler group.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Do we know for a fact that James drove? I hate car trips, but the Duggars are used to them. They probably don't bat an eye at six hours. 

Share this post


Link to post

James and Jason apparently went for Robbie Spivey's high school graduation party. no pilot duggar shown in Hilaria's pics so I think we are assuming they drove

  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

I do have to wonder how Claire feels about the constant stream of brothers-in-law visiting though.  She and Justin are still newlyweds, after all.  

I remember the first year I was married.   My husband’s younger brother who was 8 at the time convinced his dad to drop him off at our place on a Sunday afternoon.  No warning, the doorbell rang, there he was, and Dad had taken off to go bowling. At the time DH was going to night school 3-4 nights a week and we didn’t have a ton of time together.  Needless to say we were not amused.  As I recall we made him watch 60 Minutes instead of the cartoons he wanted to see and he never pulled that stunt again. 😂

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I do have to wonder how Claire feels about the constant stream of brothers-in-law visiting though.  She and Justin are still newlyweds, after all.  

I remember the first year I was married.   My husband’s younger brother who was 8 at the time convinced his dad to drop him off at our place on a Sunday afternoon.  No warning, the doorbell rang, there he was, and Dad had taken off to go bowling. At the time DH was going to night school 3-4 nights a week and we didn’t have a ton of time together.  Needless to say we were not amused.  As I recall we made him watch 60 Minutes instead of the cartoons he wanted to see and he never pulled that stunt again. 😂

I’m trying to remember what reality show or tv show I saw where the newlyweds distinctly refused to have family travel and stay with them for six months after marriage.  So that they could adjust to being married.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, mythoughtis said:

I’m trying to remember what reality show or tv show I saw where the newlyweds distinctly refused to have family travel and stay with them for six months after marriage.  So that they could adjust to being married.  

I think Alyssa did not want visitors.  And Josie and Kelton specifically rented a 1 bedroom apartment so they would not have overnight guests.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I thought Jeremy and Jinger did that also.

That’s it! That’s where I remembered it from.  Thank you!  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

That’s it! That’s where I remembered it from.  Thank you!  

Jeremy had a 2BR apartment. They had visitors, but I'm but sure how soon after they were married they started showing up.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

IRC, Jessa and Ben argued in a TH about this. Jessa said Jeremy and Jinger didn’t want visitors for six months to adjust to marriage. Ben rolled his eyes and stated the rule didn’t apply to them. Probably the last time he argued with Jessa. 😆

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

B6DF774F-CA03-49DD-9E0D-E2B947F68CAF.jpeg

OK, obviously #notalltexans .... but The Spiveys really seem to be that type of Texan who can't shut the fuck up about being from Texas. Nooooo onnnne caarrrres.. 

  • Like 16
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size