Type keyword(s) to search

Claire.....wait, There’s a Justin?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

The comments are the best part...

davidncil

Next time don't scare me half to death by jumping out at me in the aisle ;-) lol! You all are way too fun!

hilaryspivey

@davidncil I’m so stinking sorry....well...maybe not.... I couldn’t stop myself! 😂

davidncil

@hilaryspivey lol! You all are such a fun family! We love you all!

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

The comments are the best part...

davidncil

Next time don't scare me half to death by jumping out at me in the aisle ;-) lol! You all are way too fun!

hilaryspivey

@davidncil I’m so stinking sorry....well...maybe not.... I couldn’t stop myself! 😂

davidncil

@hilaryspivey lol! You all are such a fun family! We love you all!

I sense some passive-aggressive shade there. “So stinking sorry” what?!?!

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Middle of the howler pack kind of blurs together.

Unfortunate looking - all of them (and i am no supermodel) but can you imagine dating one of these?  ugh

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

That picture reinforces what assholes Jill and Jessa were when they were first married. They only made plans with other married couples and purposely left their single siblings out.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Hilaria looks more Fern-ish to me.

Dear Claire:  those glasses are more suited for an old lady like me, who needs to hide her under-eye bags.  Please get smaller, cuter ones.

Those glasses drive me nuts. They look like the frames were hand me downs from her parents or someone from the 80s/90s. There are so many cute frames out there right now. I just bought new glasses for my teen son a few weeks ago and I don’t even remember seeing anything like that in the women’s’ department. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Stacey1014 said:

Those glasses drive me nuts. They look like the frames were hand me downs from her parents or someone from the 80s/90s. There are so many cute frames out there right now. I just bought new glasses for my teen son a few weeks ago and I don’t even remember seeing anything like that in the women’s’ department. 

I wore the same frames that Claire had from 1989 to 1990 - when I was 11 and 12 years old!

Edited by madpsych78
7 minutes ago, zoomama said:

i just ordered new glasses. hers are trendy right now. i tried on a similar pair but went with a different one.

I got a pair of glasses last December. A lot of the frames in the shop were like hers. I think they're cute on her, as well as age-appropriate. 

Outside in north Texas in July? Okey dokey. I hope their deodorants are working. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I just bought new glasses for my teen son a few weeks ago and I don’t even remember seeing anything like that in the women’s’ department. 

I just picked my glasses out today,,,,her style was all over the store.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, zenme said:

Yes. That is s trendy frame. My ultra trendy cousin was sporting some of those a few months back.

Which just goes to show that blindly following trends is not a good idea.  Those particular frames do not flatter Claire's face-at all.  They're too large for her bone structure and the lack of color does not enhance her already pale skin tone.  There are many other styles that are currently popular that would look great on her; just not those particular frames.

To me, they give her sort of an insect-y vibe which I doubt was her goal when she chose them.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Which just goes to show that blindly following trends is not a good idea.  Those particular frames do not flatter Claire's face-at all.  They're too large for her bone structure and the lack of color does not enhance her already pale skin tone.  There are many other styles that are currently popular that would look great on her; just not those particular frames.

To me, they give her sort of an insect-y vibe which I doubt was her goal when she chose them.

Lol--there aren't many 19-year-olds (or is she 20?) who will not follow trends.

• Love 4

My cousin is 50 and strikingly beautiful. She carried off those frames very well. 
I think it just depends on whether the person can carry them off or not. I liked the look on my cousin. She was dressed to  the nines at our aunt’s funeral.  I don’t consider Claire to be chic in any way.  Maybe that’s how she misses the mark.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Dirndl said:

Here in Germany these kind of glasses are totally trendy. Most of my teenage students wear glasses like hers. I think she looks really trendy and stylish. 

I think that the frames do not do anything for her features in the still photo, but may look perfectly fine in motion. I know lots of people who are just not photogenic while coming across as quite lovely in real life. And accessories can add to that effect. I suspect that the glasses do not look nearly as jarring on her in real life as they seem to on some of the photos 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

Personally,  I think she looks stupid in them. They are too big for her face.

Yeah if she had a different face shape, it might work. I used to do the opposite of her, and it looked weird on me because I have a naturally broad face and a pretty strong jawline for a woman. I'd try to wear tiny glasses because I didn't like wearing glasses (and the fact I can't see the damn things when I'm trying them on doesn't help), but it actually looks better for me to wear somewhat bigger frames. Mine aren't as big as hers because I don't like that style, but the comparatively larger size versus what I was wearing balances my face better. Hers overpower her face. All you see are the glasses. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, zenme said:

My cousin is 50 and strikingly beautiful. She carried off those frames very well. 
I think it just depends on whether the person can carry them off or not. I liked the look on my cousin. She was dressed to  the nines at our aunt’s funeral.  I don’t consider Claire to be chic in any way.  Maybe that’s how she misses the mark.

I agree. It's like when Jessa tried to dress boho-chic, complete with big black hat. She looked like she was in costume rather than expressing her style. I think Claire is a cute girl, but just because something's trendy doesn't mean it's for everyone. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
26 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Claire doesn't seem to do trendy any better than Jessa, but at least she isn't a slob. 

Yeah none of the Duggar daughter-in-laws have ever struck me as slob-like as the Duggars themselves. 

• Love 13