Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E21: Viva la Dysfunction

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

How is it possible that Dorinda’s family watch these episodes and don’t question her mental status?

They probably fear her like her cast mates likely do.  I have a relative who is like her - everyone just avoids or caters to him, and we all breathe a sigh of relief when he doesn’t show up to family gatherings.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I have one question.  Why did Leah find it necessary to smell her armpit while being filmed speaking to Luann?  Just how long did it take to film that scene?

I can't fault Leah for sniffing her pits or even if she checked below to see if a little pee came out after the way Dorinda went full wacko on her after she merely just said Tinsleys name.

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
57 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I wonder if Ron has money?  If so, Sonja should date him.  

He has to have money or they wouldn’t be all over him.  These women are too low class to attract the 1% of NYC so they get bottom of the barrel barely rich.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
Just now, goofygirl said:

Thank you njbchlover!  I think I've done OK with it all.  Just took me a while! I'm content with my changed new life and actually, I'm proud of myself!

And you should be proud - it's a shining moment when you turn a corner and can move forward.  ❤️ 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

Martin sighting! Now he’s training Leah. I wonder if he misses Tinsley. 

I may be mis-remembering but I think Leah brought Tinsley to Martin at the beginning of the season. Might even have been first episode with the oh so natural “here’s my good friend Leah” intro of her to the audience by Tinsley as they meet up to work out.

• Love 14

What is the deal with all of these women wearing fur?  In either last episode or the one before, Sonja (I think) made a comment to either Dorinda of Luann like "if anyone asks, our furs are fake", and Leah tonight was wearing what looked like a vintage real fur jacket - maybe fox?  

I thought that real fur was out of fashion?  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

What gym does he work at?   Did they show the name?

No. If they did I didn’t notice. 

8 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

I may be mis-remembering but I think Leah brought Tinsley to Martin at the beginning of the season. Might even have been first episode with the oh so natural “here’s my good friend Leah” intro of her to the audience by Tinsley as they meet up to work out.

You are right, it was so long ago I had forgotten. And he called Tinsley ‘Tinsdale’. 😄

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

What is the deal with all of these women wearing fur?  In either last episode or the one before, Sonja (I think) made a comment to either Dorinda of Luann like "if anyone ask, our furs are fake", and Leah tonight was wearing what looked like a vintage real fur jacket - maybe fox?  

I thought that real fur was out of fashion?  

To quote Viva La Diva's bridge: "You see this faux-fur, it's cruelty free, like me (Shut up)"

Wearing vintage fur isn't really a bad thing. I mean, the jacket has already been made. It would be wasteful to just throw it away or hide it in a climate controlled closet forever. And in a fair amount of cases, they're items that have been passed down through a family or something that's bought secondhand. It's the buying of new animal fur for fashion that's the real eyebrow raiser.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 3
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Stop the presses!! DORINDA'S writing an advice book??? What the bloody hell??

STFU Dorinda.  Bow out gracefully. PULEEZ!!

The only book Dorinda should be writing should be titled  "Not well bitch" and the writing inside should be the same as Woodstock (tm) the bird form the Peanuts (tm) comic strip.

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

What gym does he work at?   Did they show the name?

Pretty sure it said Trinity Boxing which I think is in Tribeca.  I believe Leah lives in FiDi so that would make sense.

Edited by malibu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Interesting that Leah's quit drinking again. Good for her.  It does seem that she took up drinking again because she booked the show.  (And gave herself some months to ease back into it, instead of having her first taste be while filming.)  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

Who in the world first encouraged Lu to have a singing career?!

This is the million dollar question.

Somehow Lu got it into her head that she can sing. Maybe she and some guy had just finished having sex. She began musing about her childhood dream of becoming a professional singer one day.

”You should go for it.”

“Really? You think I have a good voice?”

”Sure.”

[I still think that this is also how she got Tom to agree to get married.]

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5

I get that Bravo put that scene of Dorinda going nuts because they wanted the fans to see the reason she had to go, but poor Tinsley and Scott.  They have to remember that humiliation forever?  The girl did nothing but be herself.  Now, she has to remember the hate Dorinda had for no reason.  Bravo should have thought of another way.  Is that the price you pay for being on t.v.?

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Maybe that was the productions team's revenge for a season of grief she apparently gave them and everybody else!

Thing is, when a person acts the way Dorinda did all season and then caps it off with that kind of tirade, she made Tinsley a more sympathetic character and Dorinda came out the loser.   Yeah, it's hurtful to have had that kind of vitriol coming at you, but now everybody can see that the problem lies solely with Dorinda.  Well, everybody except Sonja, who still has her nose up Dorinda's ass.  WTH, Sonja?  You were supposed to be besties with Tinsley.  Why she decided to be Dorinda's hype girl is beyond me.  

I guess.  They are all kiss asses.  The kissing each other twice no less is sickening.  All the “ I love you’s every minute when underneath they all can’t stand one another.  Phoney baloney Ramona hugging everyone and screeching like a child after every sentence has gotten stale.  They are all full of shit.  I’m just so disappointed in my favorite show.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:
11 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I can't stand the way that Sonja talks about LGBTQ people - like they are just pets or decorations for her. It is so disrespectful. 

Yea some woman treat us like pets or accessories it gets kinda annoying. We are always supposed to be on and fabulous 

As a straight cis kid (who, admittedly, went to Vassar and lived in the Castro AND Chelsea) I thought the same thing.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, ichbin said:

I have one question.  Why did Leah find it necessary to smell her armpit while being filmed speaking to Luann?  Just how long did it take to film that scene?

I think the armpit smell was in response to Dorinda leaving abruptly, as in "do I smell?"

Ramona is just so twitchy and awkward, she has no idea she is in someone's face, watching her with Sonja makes me uncomfortable for Sonja, hands flapping, head jerking, Ramona has no clue about personal space.  That guy Ron, yeesh, so creepy.  Ramona scraped the bottom of the barrel for that one.

I recognized some of the drag queens, the one with the beard especially, I don't watch the Ru Paul drag show but I know I have seen the queens elsewhere.

Leah's long hair Asian friend looks like the guy eating an apple on a (I think it is) Tik Tok commercial, maybe that is where I have seen the queens?  Nice plug Leah did for that fitness finder app, I almost downloaded it but I know I would never partake.

It must be fun to be Tinsley, being able to make someone lose their shit without even being in the room!

How did Sonja raise money with that poorly attended event, did she charge admission for the people not getting paid by Bravo?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I agree!!  I think that Sonja was jealous of the fact that Ramona brought a good-looking straight guy.  Did you notice how Sonja changed her tune once she was reminded that she and Ron "made out" at Beautique six years ago (that guy has some memory)??  

But, Ron falls into the Harry Dubin/Tom D'Agostino category - he seems like another sleazy, horny asshole.

He gives me the willies. When he was behind Leah and asked in her ear if Sonja had really called him boring and she shrieked, I died. Too funny. 

10 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

The only book Dorinda should be writing should be titled  "Not well bitch" and the writing inside should be the same as Woodstock (tm) the bird form the Peanuts (tm) comic strip.

Behold: https://ifunny.co/video/dorinda-s-best-rhony-moments-set-to-peanuts-is-exactly-wlEYyHRw7

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Well, my goodness, Dorinda.  That was disturbing.

Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch . . .

11 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Well, my goodness, Dorinda.  That was disturbing.

Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch . . .

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I really liked it too....very upbeat and mindless - that's the kind of music we need at this point!!  

It reminded me of early studio-created disco music with a little 1970's bubble gum music blended in.  

Not for nothing, but Desmond Child is kind of a big deal.  Sure his glory days may be behind him, but he has a pretty good reputation.

So good for Lu!  Make bank when you can!

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Not for nothing, but Desmond Child is kind of a big deal.  Sure his glory days may be behind him, but he has a pretty good reputation.

So good for Lu!  Make bank when you can!

Yes but why hook up with her?  Maybe he wanted the exposure for some reason.  I don't get it.

• Love 11

Is it just me or was Doh-rinda a hot mess when she walked into the event? She didn't seem as put together as she usually is. Her pain meds were definitely reacting with her self-medication of choice (at the very least alcohol) and everything was super super fun - UNTIL it wasn't.

• Love 16
46 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I rewatched the final scene where Dorinda loses it again. One second she is laughing and hugging everyone and then Leah says the T word. Immediately Dorina goes berserk  screaming profanities spitting in people's faces and stomping around like a linebacker. I think the reason she got fired is that her anger come out of nowhere and she becomes unhinged. There are scenes where she came close to  assaulting  Sonja and Luann and someone at Bravo figured she was too much of a liability.  I'm just wondering if her mother, sister and daughter haven't tried to intervene. And please no more excuses that she is still in pain from not healing from Richard's death. It's and excuse not a reason from her deplorable behavior. 

Using Richard as a crutch for her bad behavior does NO ONE any favors esp since she has taken NO steps in trying to repair it and dismisses her behavior by attacking you for pointing out how shitty she acts... we all have shit things happen to us it doesnt mean we can go around treating people like they are nothing and being mentally and verbally abusive

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Applause 1
  • Love 20
13 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

I had to look up Desmond Child.  This man is a legitimate song writer and has had songs recorded by many real artists.  Why is he anywhere near LuAnn?  

He's broke?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, tranquilidade said:

This is so politically incorrect and I hope I don't get flamed but this IMO is such a defect in our culture right now.  People are told all the time they can achieve ANYTHING if they want it.   I've seen children encouraged to work  towards the absolute impossible with certain failure looming in the future and no viable option in the hopper.   There is this belief that everyone can have everything all the time.    The term GOOD JOB is so over used that if someone raises a finger  then it is GOOD JOB.  Well, sometimes it's bad job and her voice is horrible.  We all don't have the talents to be anything we dream of being and just willing it doesn't make it real.  Knowing yourself and being realistic about your potential leads to real success and achievement.  Luanne ,like the others, lives in a fantasy land with little self awareness.  That's why they are all so unhappy.  They are all so restless and anxious about life because they are totally lost.  Moving to a a new apartment or higher floor (Ramona moved again) , washing away people and furniture, getting divorced, sobering up should solve their problems but it doesn't.  It won't because they never get to the root of the problem and they never will.

If what you said is politically incorrect then I don't want to be correct.

Perfectly stated and 100% true. 

• Love 9

I posted my opinion about Dorinda awhile back , but after last night I came to the same conclusion.

First off, I am not sure I heard her correctly, but didn't she keep saying "I am a principal" as in status in the show? Alluding that Tinsley is a bit player, know her place and bow to Dorinda?

Besides the drinking, whatever meds or illegal substances she may take and personality disorders, she has always gone off the rails since the beginning.

I think this season escalated the behaviors because Dorinda has the delusion that since Bethenny left she was now the star of the show. She just thought she needed to ramp it up, assuming the crown.   It was an obvious epic fail to everyone but Dorinda. She is has zero insight and is probably too deep into whatever is wrong with her to recognize it.

Breaching contracts, ruining the show and all the cruel things she said and did is kook shoobie doobie insane. Like Vicki (rhoc), it is NOT your show.

I bet Bethenny was on the boat with Dorinda trying to get her into some sort of sanitarium.  She recognized a long time ago that Dorinda had serious problems.

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, tranquilidade said:

Yes but why hook up with her?  Maybe he wanted the exposure for some reason.  I don't get it.

Didn't Natalie Cole show up to sing perform a song with her several seasons ago when she was with Jacques?  

That was a real head scratcher for me, too.  

I think maybe these past-their-expiration date (yet talented) people appear on these shows just for the exposure and hoping to kickstart a second chance through a different demographic.  

I'm getting ready to watch this shit show before work.  Sounds like I may as well just fast forward to the last 10 minutes or so and watch Dorinda's final wrath.

• Love 4