Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E21: Viva la Dysfunction

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Emmeline said:

As others have posted, Dorinda’s spewing vitriol about Tinsley is just bizarre and unwarranted.  I don’t even know if I want to see Tinsley at the reunion because I don’t want to hear Dorinda go at her again.  From episode one I watched Dorinda berate Tinsley again and again, for no reason what so ever.  Tinsley should have told Bravo that she could no longer take the abuse and bullying, and that is what it was.  Perhaps that is why Bravo agreed to let her go mid-season.  

How is it possible that Dorinda’s family watch these episodes and don’t question her mental status?   She needs therapy and medication.  I’m sure we will just see her double down on her behavior at the reunion.  I’m happy she is off the show and she is a Bitch with a capital “B”.

I don’t know what has happened but I can’t take the ugliness on these shows anymore. I stopped watching BH and also NY, although I tried to watch this episode because it was the season finale. I only made it a few minutes. As soon as I saw Dorinda and she started speaking, I couldn’t stand it. I’ve come to dislike her so much I can’t even watch her. 

I will probably check in for the reunion just out of curiosity. I kind of want to see how Dorinda acts since it led to her dismissal, or at least that is what I heard. I hope Tinsley doesn’t get decimated. 

Enjoy reading the comments here and am not disappointed at missing Luann’s “singing” LOL! 

After seeing the last few minutes I think they fired her for ruining the footage with her rage about contracts.  That is breaking the 4th wall big time as they never discuss contracts on the show.  I'm not a doctor but Dorinda appears to have something chemical going on .  I'd bet the farm that she as well as the others take mood stabilizers and these drugs are not working and in fact are making them crazy with all the alcohol they consume.

I don’t know. She could be on a prescription but alcohol alone can cause very volatile, aggressive behavior. It can worsen over time and can result in brain damage. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I don't remember anyone leaving mid-season on any Housewives franchise and being treated as nicely as Tins was.

I once had a job for one month. Interviewed with an owner, ended up working with a/for young 29 year old. Her First words to me were, " I am the oldest of 5 and don't have a good relationship with my mother". Huh? Ok, I'm old enuf to be your mother? So?

Long story short, our love story never took off. The two owners met with me and their opening line was " we can't do this to you anymore" and let me go. They beat me to the punch as I was expecting a divorce. Apparently they needed her in the position, I was Plan B, and before I contacted an attorney, they said sayanora. 

I think Bravo let Tins leave and were gracious about it due to Dorinda's documented and behind the scenes workplace abuse.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Useful 6
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I don’t need to see Dorinda on my screen anytime soon.  And I don’t want them to drop Ramona, Luanne or Sonja.  I know Ramona gets on people’s last nerve, but I love that she’s the longest running howives and not Vicky.   

Same!!

I learned a lot of new terms today:  Schmatta, Sanitarium, FiDi, thanks everyone!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Lassus said:

As a straight cis kid (who, admittedly, went to Vassar and lived in the Castro AND Chelsea) I thought the same thing.

You, me, and Aviva baby!

Edited by NYCFree
  • LOL 5

Even before the pandemic there was a glut in very high end luxury condos in Manhattan. Josh Flagg, from MDLLA said he is a friend of Sonja’s and, Sonja, against his advice, consistently prices her house too high to sell.

However, this may be the perfect time for Sonja to sell. There are always, always wealthy people who need to live or spend time in New York City. People who may not want a condo, because of the elevators and common areas, may relish townhouse living. If she prices adjusts just a bit, I bet she could sell.

I researched a few weeks ago, and am too lazy to look it up again, but Sonja doesn’t have an outrageous mortgage on the building. However, she owes two years worth of real estate taxes and New York will actually sell real property at auction and take the back taxes, plus interest, then give you any remainder. The timing looks like she stopped paying the taxes when her daughter went to college. With her income from the show, she should have more than enough to pay them without Morgan’s child support assistance.

Edited by NYCFree
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Dorinda must be regretting spending money renovating her old apartment. I would imagine she will likely have to move back into it, and  could use those funds now to live on. I know NY city is expensive, but honestly I am so tired of seeing these women in their shoebox sized apartments - Sonja, Lu, Leah, Dorinda. I miss the days when there were howives with decent sized apartments. Just watching these scenes of the howives in their hovels gives me claustrophobia. 

I wouldn't call them hovels.  Not everybody wants to live in a 272829002 square foot house, especially when they're by themselves.

However, the newer apartments on the Upper East Side are much smaller than the older pre-war apartments.  I don't know why the show doesn't film on the Upper West Side, where a lot of the apartments are larger (some of them have been featured in Woody Allen movies).  I grew up with kids who lived on the Upper West Side in these pre-war HUGE apartments, the type of apartments with two entrances, one for guests and one for the maid. 

It won't because they never get to the root of the problem and they never will.

But what is the root of their problems?

The last part of the episode was a HUGE F-You to Dorinda.  She went on a drunken tirade like a lunatic, breaking the fourth wall, staggering close to the cameras.  What a nutcase.  We'll probably see a mugshot of her soon.  The thing with Dorinda is on one hand, she tries to act classy, like she did at Leah's party, being "shocked" at what people were wearing, but the real Dorinda is a nasty, common drunk. 

Luann didn't grow up privileged.  Yet she's created this persona of "The Countess."  She got drunk and acted a fool in Palm Beach, and got arrested (And Dorinda always reminds us of that) but she doesn't seem to be a nasty, mean drunk that no one wants to be around. 

• Love 22

Dorinda is a fucking psycho. So glad she’s not on the show anymore. If anyone was ruining the show it was Dorinda. I hope she’s ripped into at the reunion.

I get why they are sitting so far apart at the reunion but it looks funny lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

But the fact of the matter is, people are leaving the city in droves, as we know. There are people from New York buying homes in my town sight unseen (how Vicki Gunvalson of them). We're flooded with New York tags on the weekends.  

But no I don't really think people with $10M to spend on a home are looking in Manhattan given the current state of things down there. Not even as an investment. I thought about getting an apartment because there is so much inventory and some very motivated sellers but it's just not a risk I'm willing to take.

And just as many people moving TO New York.  People act like this pandemic will go on FOREVER, it won't.   A lot of people ran out of the city, kind of a knee jerk reaction, a geographic, running from someplace instead of to someplace. 

Also many people have wanted to see cities like NY go down in flames for some reason. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I absolutely believe that Dorinda acted as badly towards production as she did towards the other women. And I feel like production has finally had it with those who treat them badly (I maintain that is part of what is going on with RHOBH). And Tinsley strikes me as someone who, while mostly boring, isn't intentionally mean or cruel. So I am sure production liked her.

I wonder about Ramona's and Luanne's relationships with production?  Both Ramona and Lu can be pretentious and elitist, so I wouldn't be surprised if they treated production at some point like the "little people." OTOH, I also think both ladies came off pretty well this season, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have a decent relationship with production. 

Re Disco Fabulous Lu's song and cabaret act - Lu is terrible as a singer but she does seem to have a sense of humor about herself (now). It seems like the cabaret show is as much as comedy act as it is about her performance. And pre-pandemic, it seemed to be pretty successful. So I can understand why a producer might want to develop a song for her, especially if it ends up a club or in the show. 

7 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

And just as many people moving TO New York.  People act like this pandemic will go on FOREVER, it won't.   A lot of people ran out of the city, kind of a knee jerk reaction, a geographic, running from someplace instead of to someplace. 

Also many people have wanted to see cities like NY go down in flames for some reason. 

Yeah, I think all of this "is New York dead?!" talk is premature. The long-term trend is towards urban centers, and the pandemic isn't really going to change that. I live in Boston - a smaller city than NYC but an urban center nonetheless - and my property values are holding steady. Yes, I think some people have used this opportunity to move out of the city but the reality is that those people were probably going to leave the city anyway. I think long-term, once the pandemic ends, New York (and Boston and all of the other cities who were attracting new residents) will be fine. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I was watching this really boring finale (don't care about Lu's cabaret show or Sonja's drag queen party) and was thinking how tame Dorinda has been in the last two episodes. Then the real Dorinda reared her ugly head once again. Her hatred of Tinsley really is over the top, and disturbing. I am glad that she is not back next year, and am also glad that Leah finally clued in to the real Dorinda. 

I am always amazed at how unaware Lu is that she cannot sing. She can barely talk her way through a song. Mind boggling, really.

Dorinda must be regretting spending money renovating her old apartment. I would imagine she will likely have to move back into it, and  could use those funds now to live on. I know NY city is expensive, but honestly I am so tired of seeing these women in their shoebox sized apartments - Sonja, Lu, Leah, Dorinda. I miss the days when there were howives with decent sized apartments. Just watching these scenes of the howives in their hovels gives me claustrophobia. 

Eh .. Maybe she’ll move in with John finally, and call it a day.  After that disgusting display, who will hire her?  They’ll be afraid of her.  That’s one book I will not read.  She’ll be throwing roses at herself and making it nice throughout.  Why does she think she’s so exceptional at everything?  So she decorates, sets a table, and makes roast chicken?  Don’t we all?  I’m surprised she didn’t go to jail yet the way she loses it.

• Love 12

Perhaps there is no answer but was Dorinda fixated in Tinsley with such hatred. Normally there is something however ridiculous that sets a housewife off but there seemed to be nothing, even a trivial misunderstanding that could have been the reason. Dorinda was awful to the other housewives at times but there was generally some reason however poor or misunderstood that set Dorinda off But there seemed to be nothing Tinsley did or said that was a cause. And not even the off stage stuff that can’t be directly discussed. 

Sonja’s townhouse is way overpriced. Today’s NY Times had an article on the week’s big sales. There was William Paley’s townhouse in Beekman Place. It had fabulous river views and better interior and finishes and it sold for under $12 million. Behind having lots of maintenance issues I am sure, her interior needs a lot of work as finishes are old and tired. Also it is in a theoretically nice block but next to a commercial parking garage. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Yeah, I think all of this "is New York dead?!" talk is premature. The long-term trend is towards urban centers, and the pandemic isn't really going to change that.

Hmm, time will tell.  No animus; I"m mostly an observer. I believe the pandemic has shown, in many cases, not all, that telework is a viable option.  If so, why live in Manhattan?  My experience (lived in a DC suburb and visited daughter often when she was at NYU) is that Manhattan is not a charming borough.  I can't speak for the others. 

Lu's hat reminded me of the Senator's wife on The Birdcage (movie) when they were sneaking out of the gay bar. The hat was very similar.  I love that movie and I loved her hat for that reason.    

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I love that townhouse, the staircase, the rooms and the garden.  I’d rather live there than Ramona’s apartment, which is too high, and you have to take the elevator everyday.  I’d be closed in and get claustrophobia at that height.  I’m sure you can’t hear the cars next to the townhouse.  It’s charming.

I agree. Just because I’m laughing at the “near to private parking” doesn’t mean I’d prefer Ramona’s or Dorinda’s condos. I grew up and lived in a Brownstone on the UWS for most of my life. It was subdivided into apartments but felt very “homey” to me. I lived in an apartment building for a year before I realized it felt like hotel living to me. I’m now ensconced in a single family home in Riverdale.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mar said:

She said that she is a woman/person of principle. I use captions. So I guess she thinks it was unethical for Tinsley to leave the show mid season

I wonder why Tinsley's "breach of contract" stuck in her craw so much?   It's weird to me that Dorinda was so upset about it.  Things changed in Tinsley's personal life and apparently Bravo was gracious enough to accommodate those changes.  It's not like Tinsley told them all to go to hell and walked out on them!  Dorinda should understand that in life, stuff happens - for good or for bad.  People change jobs, they move, they make new friends, etc.    Contracts can sometimes be renegotiated or broken without a problem.  It's beyond me as to why Dorinda is stuck on this one issue with Tinsley.  She should be happy that Tinsley is happy and wanted to go be with Scott ASAP.  What kind of friend would not want that for another friend?  I hope that Dorinda can get some help before she harms someone or herself. 

• Love 8

I think Tinsley's departure in part was a fear of Dorinda.  If she went to production and said she felt Dorinda was dangerous and she'd go public with the details, and production knew what she was saying was true, they probably graciously let her go.

• Love 20

How odd was it that Ramona said Sonja should be proud of herself for buying the townhouse as if it was some sort of accomplishment. That house was bought by her rich husband who was rich because of generational inherited wealth. 

• Love 18
5 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I think it's probably priced appropriately but the adjacent condo building is a drawback. I think the attachment to Sonja Morgan is also a drawback. Also it probably needs a new roof. But other than that I think its lovely. The place I posted a block over is $4M less and in a state of total derelict 😲

But the fact of the matter is, people are leaving the city in droves, as we know. There are people from New York buying homes in my town sight unseen (how Vicki Gunvalson of them). We're flooded with New York tags on the weekends.  

But no I don't really think people with $10M to spend on a home are looking in Manhattan given the current state of things down there. Not even as an investment. I thought about getting an apartment because there is so much inventory and some very motivated sellers but it's just not a risk I'm willing to take.

I guess I'm missing something.  I don't know one person leaving Manhattan other than to stay at a summer home. I think it is over priced.  The asking price should be more like $7M.  An adjacent condo is not a negative but a garage is, because it affects the curb appeal.   She is just unrealistic and it probably does need major work.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

I have to disagree that no one with 10 Million dollars would want to move to New York.  It may not be worth $10 million but it should sell.

That townhouse has been on and off the market for years.   It definitely doesnt have anything to do with current situations.  The only issue the current situation is affecting her is that prices have come down.   She probably can’t afford to lower the price 

• Love 6

Can alcohol make an historically nice, even keeled person, a raging, angry, nasty, hysterical beast?

Ramona made a comment, don’t quote me, that Dorinda has always been nasty, but it didn’t last very long. Now she doesn’t let it go.

She had to be a piece of work prior to her “grief” kicking in. Wonder how she was in London with Richard’s crowd. I had a friend who had a mouth on her, but it was only unleashed to her commoner friends, not the lifestyle of the rich and famous peers of her husband.

I’m leaning towards Dorinda was always an entitled asshole, but she had a marriage to keep her in check and buffer her from herself. She finds herself alone, lost . . .and mad. Alcohol just makes it worse, not the cause. I think she used John as a life raft while she checked out what other options the landscape had to offer. She ran in privileged circles with Richard – where are those “friends”?

I find it hard to have empathy for someone that shows polar opposite personalities, but only acknowledges one. No one likes or feels safe around a verbal predator and watching this season was as enjoyable as a show on Intervention or the ID channel.

Bravo dodged a bullet with NY and looks like they are getting close on BH with the cease and desist.

Will they be able to revive a devolving franchise?

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Same!!

I learned a lot of new terms today:  Schmatta, Sanitarium, FiDi, thanks everyone!

There was a great documentary on HBO called Schmatta: Rags to Riches to Rags. It was about the big garment business in NYC, and how it's sadly all overseas now. When I was just out of college (FIT) in the late 80s, I worked for a photographer/stock photo business right in the heart of the garment district. Quite an experience - guys rolling racks of clothes & furs all through the streets, as well as constantly hitting on me. I just kept my walkman headphones on & ignored them. 🙂 Now I am very blessed to live in an affordable complex of buildings in Chelsea that was originally built for the International  Ladies Garment Workers Union.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, janiema said:

Yes. That doesn’t look nearly as nice as Sonja’s townhouse.

Sonja's place looks "nice" but the place is falling apart internally...water leaks, plumbing issues, etc...those old townhouses are money pits. You would need Bill and Melinda Gates money to fully repair, restore and refurbish that place.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I wouldn't call them hovels.  Not everybody wants to live in a 272829002 square foot house, especially when they're by themselves.

However, the newer apartments on the Upper East Side are much smaller than the older pre-war apartments.  I don't know why the show doesn't film on the Upper West Side, where a lot of the apartments are larger (some of them have been featured in Woody Allen movies).  I grew up with kids who lived on the Upper West Side in these pre-war HUGE apartments, the type of apartments with two entrances, one for guests and one for the maid. 

The premise of the show is that we are  watching women who are rich, and have fabulous lives. They don't need to live in a 272829002 sq ft house, especially when they are living in the city. But they should live in an apartment that doesn't make me think they are living an ordinary life. And I don't for one minute think that any of these women would not live in a more fabulous apartment if they could afford it. Luann was salivating over Tom's penthouse, which I didn't think was all that. I miss Bethenny and her fabulous apartments. Heck, I miss Sonja's rundown townhouse - at least it had character. 

I would love it if one of them lived in an older apartment. Once in awhile they show one on Million Dollar Listing New York, and they are such a nice change from the white sterile looking glass boxes. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I think Tinsley's departure in part was a fear of Dorinda.  If she went to production and said she felt Dorinda was dangerous and she'd go public with the details, and production knew what she was saying was true, they probably graciously let her go.

Dorinda basically had her stalked! She said she had a "friend" who saw her in Niagra Falls and even took a cellphone shot of her and Scott at a restaurant there! I mean, really? A "friend" just happened to be in Niagra Falls of all places??? I think Dorinda was so obsessed with digging up some dirt on Tinsley and her on/off relationship with Scott she hired a Private Investigator to follow her...I know, it sounds absurd but Dorinda was clearly going full on batshit crazy about Tinsley. After that scene where she confronts Tinsley with the photo and is in her face about it, I think Tinsley felt threatened and unsafe and asked to be let go from the show. I would have done the same thing. Dorinda is cray cray. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Oh, I'll bet she is. Two angry, bitter women, probably spending their day hating on a woman younger, prettier, and happier than they are. 

Forget money not buying class, it can't buy love, either. That has to start within you and then grow outwards. Dorinda is too angry and B is too bitter, and they hate Tinsley for all the hope and optimism she still has, along with her youth and beauty.

That finale was boring AF. I can't remember a season with fewer stakes. There was no plot. I'll be honest - the only time I looked up from my computer was when Dorinda went batshit over Tins in the last 4 minutes. And that's the problem in a nutshell. Dorinda's drunken rant shouldn't have made it anywhere near final cut, but this season was a dud, so a sad descent into madness that should have been left on the cutting-room floor, along with Dorinda's contract, became the whole focal point. That's pathetic, and Bravo knows it. They're not thrilled Dorinda gave them a season, they just had to put something on screen.

It's pretty bad when my choices are 'bored silly by NY' or "physically enraged by the evil gang-up on BH."

There's no way on this planet Tinsley breached her contract and then got the sendoff that Bravo gave her. They literally gave her a fairy princess storybook package. Even if she exited midseason, I would assume things were done by the book, or she paid back the remainder of a salary she didn't earn, or Bravo just paid her what portion was due her. Let's be real - Tinsley's leaving NY for Chicago and a life with Scott is the best, most organic plotline I've seen on a RH franchise this whole year. Tins brought some light and happiness to this season. I rewatched some earlier eps and those including her were so much easier to watch.

I smell a major recast coming here and on BH. But they better not make it all Leah clones, otherwise I gotta bow out. The divas are dead. Viva La Diva!

So well said and couldn't agree more with you!!!! Yes...that boat ride with bitter Bethenny and angry drunk Dorinda must have been a real pleasure cruise! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Dorinda basically had her stalked! She said she had a "friend" who saw her in Niagra Falls and even took a cellphone shot of her and Scott at a restaurant there! I mean, really? A "friend" just happened to be in Niagra Falls of all places??? I think Dorinda was so obsessed with digging up some dirt on Tinsley and her on/off relationship with Scott she hired a Private Investigator to follow her...I know, it sounds absurd but Dorinda was clearly going full on batshit crazy about Tinsley. After that scene where she confronts Tinsley with the photo and is in her face about it, I think Tinsley felt threatened and unsafe and asked to be let go from the show. I would have done the same thing. Dorinda is cray cray. 

I think some of us forgot about this.  This is psychotic.

• Like 1
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, albarino said:

If so, why live in Manhattan?  My experience (lived in a DC suburb and visited daughter often when she was at NYU) is that Manhattan is not a charming borough. I can't speak for the others. 

As they say, the great thing about Manhattan is that if you don’t like a neighborhood, you only need to walk a few blocks, and you will probably enter a neighborhood you do like.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Holy shit. I forgot about that. 

You are so right. That was way way off for Dorinda to do. That's putting it politely.

Agreed. I think this enabled Tinsley to get production and legal to let her out of her contract. She feared for her safety.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Did you ever go to Dojo's, on E 4th street? I LOVED that place.

My sister has lived in NYC for the past 22 years, and I remember going there with her early on in her time living there.  They had the best & cheapest French Onion soup I've ever had.  They were mostly vegetarian, right?  I seem to recall pretty good hummus too.

Anyway, with regard to NYC real estate, same sister is an agent in Brooklyn mostly and occasionally Manhattan, and at the same time is looking to buy a  house outside of the city (they just had a baby and she's suddenly forgotten years of decrying our collective upbringing in the 'burbs).  The market for the suburbs (Yonkers, Nyack, and those areas) has been moving super-fast, with people paying hundreds of thousands over ask to get the properties that are kind of shitty.  The Manhattan market has slowed down, but not stopped--she sold a place in the West Village last week after 2  private showings.  She was pretty sure it'd sell, but was shocked at the speed, given the lower demand   With the new price on the townhouse, I think Sonja will eventually find a buyer.   I also don't buy the "NYC is dead" line.  And I'm selfishly encouraging my sister to wait on moving out of the city, in the hopes something will come on the market in her  Inwood neighborhood.  

The one thing that shocked me in this episode was that Leah was wearing her 8th grade  Patricia Field dress from 1995.  First, that it still fits is kinda insane, but she could have had it altered.  Second, it made me feel old, because I was out of college by then.  And third, it made me wonder how affluent her parents were, because, while Pat Field hadn't hit it "big" nationally yet--Sex & the City was still 3 years away--she was a pretty well known NYC designer, and I doubt 13 year old Leah had her own stacks of cash.

And as for Dorinda's unmitigated wrath against Tinsley....I've read all the discussion here, and I agree that there's no good explanation.  I do think that she got a lot of cover from Bethenny's unhinged behavior--B usually got crazy first, so it might have taken the wind out of Dorinda's sails.  With Beth gone, Dorinda had room to act out and try to dominate the group, with an ego hyped up as seeing herself as the now sole "voice of reason"--given her talking heads, she sure thought she was.  I do buy the stories that Dorinda was shitty to production and that contributed to her firing, but that can't be all it was.  Vicki body-checked producers (as was revealed on the 100 ep anniversary show) and she stuck around for years after that.

Oh, and speaking of the OC, Tinsely's mid-season send-off was close to Lauri's, when she bowed out after marrying George.  She had other shit to deal with and didn't need the show any more either.  So I wouldn't be surprised if Tinsely popped up now & again as a guest if she's in NYC in future seasons now that Dorinda is out.

Finally, I may be a party of one, but I really liked this season.  Even with the cloud of doom that was Dorinda, it felt so much lighter, funnier, and faster with out Bethenny.  Inasmuch as the women were ultimately at a loss with what to do with Dorinda, they didn't cower from confronting her, as though they were in fear of losing their jobs.  Also, placing NYC in contrast to BH, NYC was like a cold drink of water, whereas BH was like a hot cup of dust, which made this season seem even better.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, Lizzing said:

Finally, I may be a party of one, but I really liked this season.  Even with the cloud of doom that was Dorinda, it felt so much lighter, funnier, and faster with out Bethenny.  Inasmuch as the women were ultimately at a loss with what to do with Dorinda, they didn't cower from confronting her, as though they were in fear of losing their jobs.  Also, placing NYC in contrast to BH, NYC was like a cold drink of water, whereas BH was like a hot cup of dust, which made this season seem even better.

I enjoyed this season, too! I find the NY women refreshing compared to other casts - especially BH. The ladies of NY tend to confront issues head-on and are unafraid to say what they need to say and try to move on. Say what you will about being messy, they are very much genuine for better or worse. 

Still don't understand where Dorinda's intense ire for Tinsley came from. Up until this season, they seemed to be on decent terms. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I wonder why Tinsley's "breach of contract" stuck in her craw so much?   It's weird to me that Dorinda was so upset about it.  Things changed in Tinsley's personal life and apparently Bravo was gracious enough to accommodate those changes.  It's not like Tinsley told them all to go to hell and walked out on them!  Dorinda should understand that in life, stuff happens - for good or for bad.  People change jobs, they move, they make new friends, etc.    Contracts can sometimes be renegotiated or broken without a problem.  It's beyond me as to why Dorinda is stuck on this one issue with Tinsley.  She should be happy that Tinsley is happy and wanted to go be with Scott ASAP.  What kind of friend would not want that for another friend?  I hope that Dorinda can get some help before she harms someone or herself. 

Dorinda has always acted like she's some sort of double secret agent of fairness and legality.  It's laughable.  I would have thought her happy to have Tinsley gone; one less limelight thief.  She's no friend.  Just because she professes to being a good friend, and a good person, well, we know better.  We all have the receipts on those points.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Dorinda has always acted like she's some sort of double secret agent of fairness and legality.  It's laughable.  I would have thought her happy to have Tinsley gone; one less limelight thief.  She's no friend.  Just because she professes to being a good friend, and a good person, well, we know better.  We all have the receipts on those points.

Well that's the thing. If a person continually has to state how good a person they are, how good a friend, a wonderful Christian etc, it's pretty much a guarantee that they aren't. 

• Love 20
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

How odd was it that Ramona said Sonja should be proud of herself for buying the townhouse as if it was some sort of accomplishment.

I may not be remembering it correctly, but I thought that Ramona was saying she was proud of her for redecorating the townhouse and for putting it on the market.  She was happy that she was letting it go and moving on.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

After seeing the last few minutes I think they fired her for ruining the footage with her rage about contracts.  That is breaking the 4th wall big time as they never discuss contracts on the show.  I'm not a doctor but Dorinda appears to have something chemical going on .  I'd bet the farm that she as well as the others take mood stabilizers and these drugs are not working and in fact are making them crazy with all the alcohol they consume.

One thing I have learned from all this is this show is NOT all scripted like I thought.  Most of it is real life.  Dorinda’s problems, Bethennys rise from muffins to success, her divorce problems, LuAnns marriage to Tom, Ramona’s divorce from Mario, etc. etc.  All true.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

They don't need to live in a 272829002 sq ft house, especially when they are living in the city. But they should live in an apartment that doesn't make me think they are living an ordinary life.

I get what you're saying.  It was more fun to watch Sonja ramble around in her huge townhouse than it is to see her in the seemingly cramped space she has now (not that there's anything wrong with that), but I want to see a big, fabulous place - one in which the camera person can actually move around and show me the 360 view of the place!  I love to see real estate, so I want to see all of the details in these HWs apartments, from the knick-knacks to the photos, etc. 

I love Blue Stone Manor.  Many of Dorinda's decorating choices aren't my cup of tea, but I can appreciate that it's her place and it's still fabulous.  For as much as I loathe her behavior of late, I still love her enthusiasm for decorating for the holidays, no matter how over-the-top they are!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Well that's the thing. If a person continually has to state how good a person they are, how good a friend, a wonderful Christian etc, it's pretty much a guarantee that they aren't. 

Anyone who has confided in her about their business better watch out.  She has it all in her head and will use it against them.  She’s all sweetness and caring to your face, then can turn on you like a snake with a blink of an eye.   Bethenny may be this n that, but underneath, I think she is caring and wants to help Dorinda in her time of need.  Remember how she confronted Dorinda in Mexico?  She told her she needs help and to get it.  Maybe she’s helping her now at her house.  Bethenny has nothing to gain by being friends with Dorinda.  

• Love 5

Sonja has been told to sell her town home since the beginning of this show, why is she acting like it is a fresh idea?  Also, she said that house was where her daughter used to bring her friends but now she is in college that won't happen anymore...what about summers and winter breaks, wouldn't her daughter come home from college, I know mine did.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Sonja has been told to sell her town home since the beginning of this show, why is she acting like it is a fresh idea?

For awhile, it seemed that Sonja was having a hard time letting it go, but this season she seems ready to sell it.  Sometimes it's easier to come to terms with something like that once money (or a lack thereof) becomes an issue.  Maybe she finally realized that she'd better shit or get off the pot when it comes to selling the place! 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

For awhile, it seemed that Sonja was having a hard time letting it go, but this season she seems ready to sell it.  Sometimes it's easier to come to terms with something like that once money (or a lack thereof) becomes an issue.  Maybe she finally realized that she'd better shit or get off the pot when it comes to selling the place! 

Being she couldn’t sell, I just read that she’s back in the town house.  Guess she couldn’t afford the two places at once.

• Love 3
On 9/3/2020 at 6:16 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Sonja girl you can’t afford the town house just be honest about that. It’s not cause your daughter is in college.. stop it 

Sonja mentioned her townhouse costing $45000 per month just in overhead/ maintenance. Is it taxes, or can someone explain this to me?

• Love 1