Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E21: Viva la Dysfunction

• Start Topic

On 9/3/2020 at 9:48 PM, ichbin said:

Typical.  She's always jumping on a bandwagon with one of them who she then flips on when talking to one of the others.  It's old.  It's boring. 

Yeah, and Sonja has always had this jealousy streak with Tinsley, going back to when Tinsley stayed with her.  They sort of made up but it was always simmering beneath the surface. Like Dorinda, she seems somewhat jealous of Tinsley's life, and so she was quick to jump on Dorinda's side in this mess.

• Love 14
On 9/4/2020 at 10:36 PM, stcroix said:

Dorinda had mean eyes.  Even when smiling she had mean eyes.  Except in the talking heads, then the big innocent face, all smiles and cutesy sayings were shown. She says her mean comments with a smile. I've rewatched the past seasons of NY these past couple of months beginning when Carol Radz, Heather and Aviva came on, through the Bethenny years and also Dorinda's years up to last year.  (Couldn't force myself to rewatch this mess of a year).  And even though I loved Dorinda her first 2-3 yrs, on rewatching the seasons she's always been a drunk.  I was surprised I really didn't notice how bad she was from the beginning because it's so obvious now.  Always with a little bit of food on her lip, crying, and talking over everyone.  I think Blue Stone Manor was a huge plus for her being so popular, along with the fact she wasn't a major player in the lineup.  As one after another have changed and Bethany has left it's allll Dorinda now and nothing to hide her nastiness.  It's not cute like she thinks, she's not stylish or fabulous like she thinks.  She's a rotten messy drunk.  I'm THRILLED she's gone.  And I never would have imagined I'd say that even 3 yrs ago.  

OMG .. what a great post!  I missed it and had to go back and find it.  You hit the nail on the head about Dorinda.

• Love 5

I'm not sure jealousy is behind the Tinsley disdain at least not completely.    I was never a Tins fan but that's mostly because it seemed to me that she really didn't do anything; no business, no "talent" other than being a "former IT Girl" whatever that means and whatever that means I'm sure doesn't include 45 year old women.    I don't think she even manages her own money - I'm guessing a lawyer (or five) manages the trust fund that supports her lifestyle.   If she's involved with any philanthropic endeavors it wasn't mentioned on a show where these women love to brag about every good deed.   

She's into her forties and so desperate to get married and have children I was often embarrassed for her - specifically when she collapsed at Scott's feet when he showed up to surprise her (geez Tins, you could at least pretend to have some dignity) or the way she treated those dogs as actual babies.   How about just have a baby Tins?   Or just date someone who wants the same thing?  Or work on becoming someone interesting?  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Cosmocrush said:

I'm not sure jealousy is behind the Tinsley disdain at least not completely.    I was never a Tins fan but that's mostly because it seemed to me that she really didn't do anything; no business, no "talent" other than being a "former IT Girl" whatever that means.  I don't think she even manages her own money - I'm guessing a lawyer (or five) manages the trust fund that supports her lifestyle.   If she's involved with any philanthropic endeavors it wasn't mentioned on a show where these women love to brag about every good deed.   

She's into her forties and so desperate to get married and have children I was often embarrassed for her - specifically when she collapsed at Scott's feet when he showed up to surprise her (geez Tins, you could at least pretend to have some dignity) or the way she treated those dogs as actual babies.   How about just have a baby Tins?   Or just date someone who wants the same thing?  Or work on becoming someone interesting?  

she is a little “babyish” for her age probably because she was spoiled and treated like a child and dressed by Dale her whole life.  I’ll bet Scott told her to get off the show from what he saw.  I cannot wait for the reunion. It’s on this week.

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I just don't picture Tinsley saying something like that...Ramona maybe but not Tinsley. Dorinda just had some sociopathic dislike of Tinsley and was on a mission to destroy her emotionally. I wonder what Richard would think of Dorinda now.

Neither do I, but people are saying Tinsley May have said something to cause Dorinda to hate her.  That’s the only thing I thought would really rile her up so much.  What else could be the reason?  I don’t know.

• Love 2
On 9/5/2020 at 3:42 PM, Anne Thrax said:

I can't imagine a location next to a parking garage would be a bad thing in NYC.  Sonja not being able to unload such a desirable property that I assume is a rarity on the NYC market makes me think the reason it doesn't sell is because it's overpriced for the terrible condition it's in.  Having new carpet installed is like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.  Old man Morgan probably stuck her with it in the divorce because he knew it would cost half its value to do a proper remodel/restoration.

Living next to any kind of commercial establishment - especially a garage with cars entering and exiting - is NOT a good thing in NYC. It's not as if people who live in townhouses generally are driving their own cars every day - or any day. 

Her property is worth exactly what somebody is willing to pay for it and no one is willing to pay what she was asking. If and when she wants to sell the place, it will sell for FMV.

The problem with Sonja's town house is that it is a gut job of the kitchen and bathrooms and much of the decor. That is quite expensive. Also I would imagine that there is a lot of deferred maintenance that needs to be done - there was a season when there was some kind of leak and I doubt Sonja spent the money necessary to truly correct whatever damage was done behind the walls.

ETA - I saw the listing and it is being marketed as a Morgan property. Oddly much of the decor which is going to be ripped out by anyone who buys it is highlighted. The decor is hopelessly dated and very old-ladyish in style. The exterior is landmarked and the charming period details will hopefully be retained but there is a way to update a period home without having it look like an upscale assisted living facility. 🙂

Edited by amarante
  • Love 7

The two main problems with Sonjas' townhome are location & functional obsolescence.

She can put "lipstick" on it all she wants to but needs to price it accordingly to unload it.

Her monthly carry costs are only going to keep going up as all things do and she needs to realize that any potential buyers are going to be looking at the townhome as a total gut or tear down and only if they can get over the location next to the parking garage and the price is right to justify the monies that need to be spent to redo the infrastructure and interior.

Edited by mbaywife123
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Neither do I, but people are saying Tinsley May have said something to cause Dorinda to hate her.  

I can't imagine Tinsley saying anything deliberately to hurt Dorinda, so maybe she said something that Dorinda took completely wrong - it wouldn't be the first time she's done that!

• Like 1
  • Love 14

I highly doubt that Tins said anything negative to "needle" Dorinda about Richard unless like someone above mentioned it was something taken totally out of context by Dorinda who clearly is not in her right mind.

I think that Dorinda came into this season thinking with Beth gone that she (Dorinda) would be showcased more however Tins & newbie Leah were getting more screen time and attention.

Also, Dorinda's' life was unraveling with flooded Blue Stone, the John break-up, blackout rage drunkenness and she just couldn't keep herself in check any more and went after Tins with the justification that Tins wasn't being upfront (on film) about her on/off relationship with Scott and became obsessed about taking Tins down for not being "authentic" enough to pass the Dorinda test and when Tins didn't want to engage with her in this much ado about nonsense along with Dorinda's' growing scarey anger and left the show this just further enraged Dorinda and then we all saw the big Dorinda kaboom that ensued.

• Love 11
44 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

I highly doubt that Tins said anything negative to "needle" Dorinda about Richard unless like someone above mentioned it was something taken totally out of context by Dorinda who clearly is not in her right mind.

I think that Dorinda came into this season thinking with Beth gone that she (Dorinda) would be showcased more however Tins & newbie Leah were getting more screen time and attention.

Also, Dorinda's' life was unraveling with flooded Blue Stone, the John break-up, blackout rage drunkenness and she just couldn't keep herself in check any more and went after Tins with the justification that Tins wasn't being upfront (on film) about her on/off relationship with Scott and became obsessed about taking Tins down for not being "authentic" enough to pass the Dorinda test and when Tins didn't want to engage with her in this much ado about nonsense along with Dorinda's' growing scarey anger and left the show this just further enraged Dorinda and then we all saw the big Dorinda kaboom that ensued.

Well, everyone is right.  I’m watching Season 10 when they go to Mexico for Bethennys Skinny Girl tequila trip.  Dorinda was a maniac over a fight with Bethenny and even cut her hand with the knife out of anger.  Richard wasn’t even mentioned at all.  Guess she’s just an angry person with whoever is around.  

• Love 11
On 9/3/2020 at 9:15 PM, Steph J said:

In fairness, who among us could have predicted [points to... everything].

The only thing keeping me from wishing a swift end to the year is the thought that 2021 might somehow turn out worse.

Amen.  Lost my very healthy husband to a rare cancer this year.  

And I agree with the above poster, the NY ladies bring it.  No makeup, pajamas, etc.  I love them.  Beverly Hills sucks.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Amen.  Lost my very healthy husband to a rare cancer this year.  

And I agree with the above poster, the NY ladies bring it.  No makeup, pajamas, etc.  I love them.  Beverly Hills sucks.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I just don't picture Tinsley saying something like that...Ramona maybe but not Tinsley. Dorinda just had some sociopathic dislike of Tinsley and was on a mission to destroy her emotionally. I wonder what Richard would think of Dorinda now.

I wish someone would ask Dorinda this question.... “what would Richard think of your behaviour?”

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

I wish someone would ask Dorinda this question.... “what would Richard think of your behaviour?”

She would go into a rage with said person and scream at them how dare they speak about her dead husband (only she is allowed to speak his name).

Edited by mbaywife123
  • Love 18

It's quite obvious that production had enough of her this season as well. One of her scenes with her in her bed making phone calls to the other ladies to set up an event or vacation and all the calls went to voice mail because no one was eager to take her call and then she proclaimed herself a loser makes a whole lot more sense now.

Edited by mbaywife123
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

It was like watching a very angry dog that wouldn't let go of a bone.  Dorinda was downright scary at times!  It makes sense why LuAnn tried to appease her several times rather than incur her wrath.

I'm so sorry for your loss, ButterQueen.  

• Love 11
On 9/5/2020 at 6:53 PM, Silver Bells said:

LuAnn bought a cute house on a pond in Sag Harbor, N.y.  In the Hamptons.  Not far from Ramona, North of the highway.

IIRC, Luann already had that Sag Harbor house, but when she bought the round house, she was in dispute with her kids about it. They stepped in to stop her from selling it. We've seen that house before, when Dorinda flipped out on Sonja at brunch, when Sonja compared the end of her marriage to the end of Dorinda's.

I think the whole "upstate is my haven" was a line of BS for her to cover up the fact that she was fighting with her kids over the Sag Harbor house.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

In Dorinda's debut season, she went after Kristen..basically shaming her and tempting John to engage with her.

Also, Heather said something off the cuff..and Dorinda exploded on her.  I recall at that reunion how Bethenny was confused about why they were fighting and Heather said to ask Dorinda cause she had no idea.

People overlooked all this cause people didn't care for Kristen nor Heather.  Flash forward a few seasons and Dorinda is far worse.

In a way, the show and Bravo were enablers of her problem...and I think Tinsley quitting was the final straw.  Also with her gone, the other women were now in her view to attack next.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, candle96 said:

IIRC, Luann already had that Sag Harbor house, but when she bought the round house, she was in dispute with her kids about it. They stepped in to stop her from selling it. We've seen that house before, when Dorinda flipped out on Sonja at brunch, when Sonja compared the end of her marriage to the end of Dorinda's.

I think the whole "upstate is my haven" was a line of BS for her to cover up the fact that she was fighting with her kids over the Sag Harbor house.

I think the family also had a house in Bridgehampton which they sold for 8 million to a builder.  I loved the upstate house on the Hudson River.  Too bad, as she’s a skier.

3 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

People overlooked all this cause people didn't care for Kristen nor Heather.

I liked both of them!  I remember what a perv John was around Kristen.  His behavior towards her was gross.  It's been so long that I can't remember how Dorinda treated both of them, but I don't doubt for a second what you're saying. 😉 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

In Dorinda's debut season, she went after Kristen..basically shaming her and tempting John to engage with her.

Also, Heather said something off the cuff..and Dorinda exploded on her.  I recall at that reunion how Bethenny was confused about why they were fighting and Heather said to ask Dorinda cause she had no idea.

People overlooked all this cause people didn't care for Kristen nor Heather.  Flash forward a few seasons and Dorinda is far worse.

In a way, the show and Bravo were enablers of her problem...and I think Tinsley quitting was the final straw.  Also with her gone, the other women were now in her view to attack next.

Heather is my all time favorite housewife from any franchise.

• Love 10

I actually saw Lu’s show in DC last year.  It was almost sold out which means approx. 1200 people were there.  I went as a lark.  My sis and I went to the totally sold out Randy Rainbow show and we saw Lu’s poster.  I expected to be surrounded by a sea of gay men.  To my surprise, the majority of the audience was composed of young women, many wearing sequins, drinking heavily, and grabbing up $60 t-shirts.  The show was fun.  Every time Lu came out in a new gown, the crowd went crazy.  Lu drank it up a la Sally Field’s “You like me.  You really like me!”  Her songs were good.  The finale was Money Can’t Buy You Class  and the crowd spilled out onto the sidewalk dancing and still singing it.  The faces of people on a late night tourist bus passing by were hysterical.  I think the tour was a hit.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
On 9/4/2020 at 9:22 PM, albarino said:

Hmm, time will tell.  No animus; I"m mostly an observer. I believe the pandemic has shown, in many cases, not all, that telework is a viable option.  If so, why live in Manhattan?  My experience (lived in a DC suburb and visited daughter often when she was at NYU) is that Manhattan is not a charming borough.  I can't speak for the others. 

Lu's hat reminded me of the Senator's wife on The Birdcage (movie) when they were sneaking out of the gay bar. The hat was very similar.  I love that movie and I loved her hat for that reason.    

I love that movie, especially the man servant (Hank Azaria) dancing around cleaning.  “Agwidor” or something, haha.  Yeah, that was Lu’s hat.

• Love 4
On 9/7/2020 at 10:17 AM, candle96 said:

That’s right, LuAnn initially wanted to sell the Sag Harbor house to buy the 6 million dollar home upstate.  The Sag Harbor Home was suppose to be in a trust for the children, per the divorce settlement.  That’s why she had to keep that home and styles for the round house upstate.  

I think it is very odd that Sonja continues to compare her divorce to the death of Dorinda’s husband.  Sonja has said something like that quite a few times.  On the other hand Sonja was not only divorced by her husband, she lost her entire lifestyle.  Had she not made that costly mistake with the movie, she would be 7 million dollars richer.  I really wish we knew the story behind the divorce.  Sonja also said that if things didn’t happen the way they did, they would still be together.  Old man Morgan is on his 4th wife, so I’m sure he would have traded Sonja in for a new model at some point.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 8
On 9/4/2020 at 8:13 AM, ChitChat said:

Well, everybody except Sonja, who still has her nose up Dorinda's ass.  WTH, Sonja?  You were supposed to be besties with Tinsley.  Why she decided to be Dorinda's hype girl is beyond me.  

I think Sonja is just trying to stay out of Dorinda's line of fire.  Remember how Sonja used to be the target before Tinsley came along?  Dorinda is a true bully, looking for the weak link to pick on.  I'll never forget that horrible attack on Sonja where she talked about a "fast pass on her Holland Tunnel."  Way to support women, Dorinda.  Once in a while she would say something funny, but I've never really been able to understand why so many people seemed to like her. 

• Love 12

I think people are looking for a reason for Dorinda's bad behavior of Tinsley but the truth is, Dorinda is a narcissist. Tinsley didn't necessarily do or say anything that caused Dorinda to be mean towards - Dorinda just needed a target. Again, that's how narcissists operate. I doubt Tinsley actually said anything to Dorinda or did anything to Dorinda to cause Dorinda to be so horrible to her. 

• Love 12

ok, here's another one of my theories (ahem):

Is it possible that Dorinda is one of those people that gets annoyed when she sees her own behavior (that she disapproves of?) in other people (nasty alcoholic behavior aside, because denial)?

She insists that Tinsley is a kept woman;

She alleges that Scott pays Tinsley's rent -meanwhile, Dorinda is living rent-free in her apartment, as per some kind of advertising agreement.

She accuses Tinsley of "lying on her back" for expensive shoes and dresses, etc. -while Dorinda is "borrowing"  designer clothes from Madame Paulette's unclaimed freight dept.

She accused Tins of not being forthright about her on-again, off-again relationship with Scott. -No One knows what went down with her and John. One episode she's fine and celebrating, and in another she's crying and wants to be left alone. No explanation. No questions asked. Privacy respected.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, film noire said:

every now and then, when I reach for an ibuprofen, my husband says "Do you want a Pirin tablet instead?"

I've always loved that scene, especially the way Hank Azaria delivered that line.  Pirin tablets

1 hour ago, film noire said:

.......whereas Dorinda was fired because she was too debased even for the gutter of reality tv......

That sums up Dorinda oh so perfectly.  I'm sure she's still cursing everyone around her, as nothing is ever her fault!  😉 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, film noire said:

..would you like a pirin tablet AND a cocktail, Silver ? ; )

Actually, I was going to ask a stupid question, but didn’t want backlash.  When exactly did Dorinda get fired?  If before the reunion, would she be obligated to still go?  I’m confused because of the last scene they seemed to throw in when Dorinda went nuts.  No cocktail tonight.  Just got out of hospital as I had cellulitis from an injury on my leg that got infected.  Was on IV, then more antibiotic when I came home.  The good news is I probably lost 10 lbs, lol.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Everything Tinsley got in life she had because of her privilege.  Period.

But Dorinda is still a horror.

I’m on Season 10 on Hulu.  Dorinda was a bitch from the beginning now that I’m watching for the second time.  A know it all, opinionated, loud, drunk, her business was her business, but she wanted to know everyone else’s business.  A brown nose with all her gifts so she could own you, then throw it in their faces.  Not a nice person at all.

23 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

The reunion was taped before she got fired I'm pretty sure.  Speculation is that she went bonkers at the renunion and that  sealed her fate. 

I can’t wait.  I hope it’s three parts.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, film noire said:

..every now and then, when I reach for an ibuprofen, my husband says "Do you want a Pirin tablet instead?"  ; ) 

I dunno, I think Dorinda is likely blind with rage and jealousy when it comes to Tinsley Mortimer.

And when I run down the differences between them,  it becomes even likelier, imo. Dorinda went to a decent college, but Tinsley went to an Ivy. Dorinda sold pashminas and mugs labeled Not well, bitch;  Tinsley sold her own line of handbags, a clothing collection with Riccimi, a tabletop collection (Bed, Bath and Beyond) was the beauty ambassador for Christian Dior (where she helped create the "Tinsley Pink" lip gloss) and just released a resort collection this last spring.  Dorinda wrote nasty blogs about her fellow castmates, Tinsley wrote a novel (Southern Charm) and was a contributing columnist to Town and Country.  Dorinda taught aerobics, but Tins the southern belle - the kind of girl who glows but never perspires - was actually a nationally ranked tennis player (a lot of muscle and sweat equity in pursuit of that goal). Tinsley is the celebrity ambassador for No Dogs Left Behind. Dorinda is a celebrity ambassador for no charity (because dear jesus, who would want THAT foul-mouthed drunk as the face of your endeavour?) Dorinda is a toxic abuser who shit her own bed on camera; Tinsley survived a toxic abuser, and lived to tell the tale about the shit she survived. Dorinda taunts Luann about her mugshot;  Tinsley jokes about her own.

And just with RHoNY?  Well, Tinsley made it out of the franchise without disgracing herself (and at worst, faced accusations of being boring or too girly or immature)  whereas Dorinda was fired because she was too debased even for the gutter of reality tv, and is (laughably) currently writing an advice book "Make It Nice" (because who wouldn't want advice from a woman with a rage disorder?)  And Tinsley is only in her mid-forties: she has a decade left before she's Dorinda's current age, another ten years to realize even more of her dreams, whereas Dorinda - drunk, bitter, abusive to one and all - is left to watch yet another Law and Order rerun, muttering about how unfair it all is.  So yeah,  if I were Medley, Tinsley would be the burr under my saddle, the festering scab  I could not stop scratching, the woman who embodied everything I had either lost, never achieved,  and will never have.

u nailed it!!!!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, film noire said:

..every now and then, when I reach for an ibuprofen, my husband says "Do you want a Pirin tablet instead?"  ; ) 

I dunno, I think Dorinda is likely blind with rage and jealousy when it comes to Tinsley Mortimer.

And when I run down the differences between them,  it becomes even likelier, imo. Dorinda went to a decent college, but Tinsley went to an Ivy. Dorinda sold pashminas and mugs labeled Not well, bitch;  Tinsley sold her own line of handbags, a clothing collection with Riccimi, a tabletop collection (Bed, Bath and Beyond) was the beauty ambassador for Christian Dior (where she helped create the "Tinsley Pink" lip gloss) and just released a resort collection this last spring.  Dorinda wrote nasty blogs about her fellow castmates, Tinsley wrote a novel (Southern Charm) and was a contributing columnist to Town and Country.  Dorinda taught aerobics, but Tins the southern belle - the kind of girl who glows but never perspires - was actually a nationally ranked tennis player (a lot of muscle and sweat equity in pursuit of that goal). Tinsley is the celebrity ambassador for No Dogs Left Behind. Dorinda is a celebrity ambassador for no charity (because dear jesus, who would want THAT foul-mouthed drunk as the face of your endeavour?) Dorinda is a toxic abuser who shit her own bed on camera; Tinsley survived a toxic abuser, and lived to tell the tale about the shit she survived. Dorinda taunts Luann about her mugshot;  Tinsley jokes about her own.

And just with RHoNY?  Well, Tinsley made it out of the franchise without disgracing herself (and at worst, faced accusations of being boring or too girly or immature)  whereas Dorinda was fired because she was too debased even for the gutter of reality tv, and is (laughably) currently writing an advice book "Make It Nice" (because who wouldn't want advice from a woman with a rage disorder?)  And Tinsley is only in her mid-forties: she has a decade left before she's Dorinda's current age, another ten years to realize even more of her dreams, whereas Dorinda - drunk, bitter, abusive to one and all - is left to watch yet another Law and Order rerun, muttering about how unfair it all is.  So yeah,  if I were Medley, Tinsley would be the burr under my saddle, the festering scab  I could not stop scratching, the woman who embodied everything I had either lost, never achieved,  and will never have.

Film Noire, this is an excellent post, thank you.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

No cocktail tonight.  Just got out of hospital as I had cellulitis from an injury on my leg that got infected.  Was on IV, then more antibiotic when I came home.  

2020 just keeps getting better, doesn't it Silver Bells😞  Seriously though, I hope you're on the mend and feeling better.   

I would love to see some footage of Dorinda that we didn't get to see, like ones of her possibly going postal on the crew too.  Don't ever mess with the people filming you, as that will always come back and bite you on the ass!  

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

2020 just keeps getting better, doesn't it Silver Bells😞  Seriously though, I hope you're on the mend and feeling better.   

I would love to see some footage of Dorinda that we didn't get to see, like ones of her possibly going postal on the crew too.  Don't ever mess with the people filming you, as that will always come back and bite you on the ass!  

Thanks.  It’s been quite a year for everyone.  Stuck in the house, can’t see relatives, etc.  At least I had the seasons to watch.  The reunion will be something.  I just can’t imagine.  Xo

• Love 3