Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E21: Viva la Dysfunction

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

She could be on a prescription but alcohol alone can cause very volatile, aggressive behavior. It can worsen over time and can result in brain damage. 

I remember both Sonja and Dorinda mentioning their use of Xanax during flights and/or tense situations. I have seen what happens when u mix alcohol with Xanax and it is not pretty. Dorinda's crazy drunken rants and Sonja's inability to stay "alert" until dinner are prime examples of Xanax and booze.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I may not be remembering it correctly, but I thought that Ramona was saying she was proud of her for redecorating the townhouse and for putting it on the market.  She was happy that she was letting it go and moving on.  

No she said “this was your badge of honor, you bought it”

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I enjoyed this season, too! I find the NY women refreshing compared to other casts - especially BH. The ladies of NY tend to confront issues head-on and are unafraid to say what they need to say and try to move on. Say what you will about being messy, they are very much genuine for better or worse. 

Still don't understand where Dorinda's intense ire for Tinsley came from. Up until this season, they seemed to be on decent terms. 

This made me realize, I don't EVER recall any of the NY housewives saying, "Just be honest," or "Own it!"

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yes, but...

She wasn't this way until maybe last season, or very late in the season before that.  Not to say that her bereavement couldn't have kicked in late I guess, but I don't think it explains her incredibly odd aversion to all things Tinsley.  

Maybe her attacks became more frequent, but Dorinda has been having pretty vicious outbursts since her first season (Heather was on the receiving end of the first one for something incredibly stupid....like not waiting up for them before going into a restaurant).  Then she decided to go in on Sonja for a couple seasons.    Then it was Luanne’s turn.  They were all cringeworthy.   The stuff with Tinsley was bad, but her attacks on Luanne really bugged me.  Luanne was a legit friend of Dorinda’s from before the show.  She gave zero fucks about hurting her.....and she’s done it repeatedly.  

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 22

Since Leah couldn't go one episode without mentioning her vagina, this is for her.  Sing it to the song 'This Land is Your Land.'

This is my hoo haw, that is your hoo haw
From California to the New York island
From the Redwood Forest, to the Gulf stream waters
Our hoo haws are pleasing as can be.

As LuAnn was dancing and I was humping
To the music playing and the beat was thumping
And all around me a voice was yelling
Your hoo haw is looking right at me.

This is my hoo haw, that is your hoo haw
From California to the New York island
From the Redwood Forest, to the Gulf stream waters
Our hoo haws are pleasing as can be.

I roamed and rambled and I followed my hoo haw
To greener pastures from my ex-husband
In my head y'all,  a voice was singing
My hoo haw is quite the sight to see.

• LOL 13
6 hours ago, Lizzing said:

The one thing that shocked me in this episode was that Leah was wearing her 8th grade  Patricia Field dress from 1995.  First, that it still fits is kinda insane, but she could have had it altered.  Second, it made me feel old, because I was out of college by then.  And third, it made me wonder how affluent her parents were, because, while Pat Field hadn't hit it "big" nationally yet--Sex & the City was still 3 years away--she was a pretty well known NYC designer, and I doubt 13 year old Leah had her own stacks of cash.

I think Leah’s parents were comfortable but you didn’t need to be very wealthy to afford the clothing at Pat Fields. She wasn’t selling couture stuff. It wasn’t Target priced but it was certainly within the price level for a clothing for a teenager especially for a special occasion. I am outing myself in terms of age but I went to high school in Manhattan and shopped for clothing at Paraphernalia which was the trendiest of mod boutiques.  They had a lot of English designers from Carnaby Street and as I recall Betsy Johnson was a designer of some stiff. I would kill to have the iconic mini dress from their store with the overall peace sign design. I wore that thing with black tights and red shoes. I alternated that look with the bell Bottoms I wore with my Mexican import tops from Fred Leighton when it was still located in the Village on Macdougal and Eighth Streets. My best friend gave me an amethyst and silver ring from there which I just recently gave back to her for her daughter to wear. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
48 minutes ago, amarante said:

I think Leah’s parents were comfortable but you didn’t need to be very wealthy to afford the clothing at Pat Fields. She wasn’t selling couture stuff. It wasn’t Target priced but it was certainly within the price level for a clothing for a teenager especially for a special occasion. I am outing myself in terms of age but I went to high school in Manhattan and shopped for clothing at Paraphernalia which was the trendiest of mod boutiques.  They had a lot of English designers from Carnaby Street and as I recall Betsy Johnson was a designer of some stiff. I would kill to have the iconic mini dress from their store with the overall peace sign design. I wore that thing with black tights and red shoes. I alternated that look with the bell Bottoms I wore with my Mexican import tops from Fred Leighton when it was still located in the Village on Macdougal and Eighth Streets. My best friend gave me an amethyst and silver ring from there which I just recently gave back to her for her daughter to wear. 

That was nice of you to think of her daughter.  I actually love all of Leah’s blouses.  They probably are all vintage.  In fact, I like Leah the best out of all of them.  I just hope her sister doesn’t come on the show.  She has zero personality.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I may not be remembering it correctly, but I thought that Ramona was saying she was proud of her for redecorating the townhouse and for putting it on the market.  She was happy that she was letting it go and moving on.  

Yes, I think you're right.  I thought Sonja got the townhouse in the divorce, not by purchasing it herself, but maybe she used the proceeds of the divorce to buy it?  Anyway, no matter.  She apparently soon became incapable of caring for it properly, either due to financial strain, or ineptitude, or both.  Seems like it either needs more work than she can underwrite, or she is so deluded as to not be willing to price it appropriately for an as-is sale.  I remain convinced that she's intellectually ... challenged.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

She is prob mortgaged to the gods and is beyond upside down on it

Her mortgage from 2015 is $3,300,000. Therefore she is not upside down, but the monthly carrying costs for the mortgage alone are probably around $25,000. The monthly taxes based on the real estate listing are $5,890. Sonja desperately needs to sell this house.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, amarante said:

Sonja’s townhouse is way overpriced. Today’s NY Times had an article on the week’s big sales. There was William Paley’s townhouse in Beekman Place. It had fabulous river views and better interior and finishes and it sold for under $12 million. Behind having lots of maintenance issues I am sure, her interior needs a lot of work as finishes are old and tired. Also it is in a theoretically nice block but next to a commercial parking garage. 

Oh my goodness, it sold for only $12 million.  That place is fabulous.  I thought they originally asked in the $30 million range.  It was on the market for a number of years.  The previous owners purchased it for $6.3 million in 2002.  So they still made a profit.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Dorinda basically had her stalked! She said she had a "friend" who saw her in Niagra Falls and even took a cellphone shot of her and Scott at a restaurant there! I mean, really? A "friend" just happened to be in Niagra Falls of all places??? I think Dorinda was so obsessed with digging up some dirt on Tinsley and her on/off relationship with Scott she hired a Private Investigator to follow her...I know, it sounds absurd but Dorinda was clearly going full on batshit crazy about Tinsley. After that scene where she confronts Tinsley with the photo and is in her face about it, I think Tinsley felt threatened and unsafe and asked to be let go from the show. I would have done the same thing. Dorinda is cray cray. 

I’m not sure she had her stalked.  Don’t get me wrong - I find Dorinda repulsive and could never make sense of the way she treated Tinsley- but when D said she had proof from ‘a friend’ that Tinsley had seen Scott in Canada, I thought that was all on production.  Like maybe one of them was curious about Tinsley slipping away during filming season and went up to investigate and possibly find fuel for a ‘storyline’.  Took a snapshot and gave it to Dorinda who foamed at the mouth and ran with it.  This manipulation probably motivated Tinsley to finally quit - I’m sure her being on the show was the main reason her relationship with Scott had been so on-and-off.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Holy shit. I forgot about that. 

You are so right. That was way way off for Dorinda to do. That's putting it politely.

Agreed. I think this enabled Tinsley to get production and legal to let her out of her contract. She feared for her safety.

You are so right.  I am replaying the season in the background while I’m painting furniture and am just on that episode.  I am glad that the other ladies didn’t Jump on Tinsley after Dorinda’s “revelation”.  They didn’t care and were happy for her.  

For someone who claims to be so transparent, the only thing we really know about her breakup is that she has grown out of the relationship.  We really know very little about Richard.  She did admit in a talking head that she was sometimes lonely.  What was his cause of death?  I wonder why Hannah doesn’t drink.  I’m just procrastinating because I don’t want to sand or paint.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

No she said “this was your badge of honor, you bought it”

That's what I heard Ramona say as well.   Except she is the only one of the howives (well, maybe Leah and her little place) that actually bought her own apartment and house with money she made vs married.  Her old apartment was her badge of honor.    Lu, Dorinda, and Sonja's money came from husbands/divorce settlements/child support etc.  Sonja's townhouse was what she got in the divorce - it was her daughter's home.  Sonja always implied that she lived there with her ex-husband.   

Tinsley has some sort of family money (has she ever supported herself?)   Seems like Leah bought her own place but I'm not sure it's really ho-wife worthy real estate.  

Speaking of homes, where exactly is Lu living if she sold her upstate house?   Hotel?   Friends sofa?  The lower level of Ramona's big Hampton house probably doesn't sound so bad now, lol.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

For someone who claims to be so transparent, the only thing we really know about her breakup is that she has grown out of the relationship.  We really know very little about Richard.  She did admit in a talking head that she was sometimes lonely.  What was his cause of death?  I wonder why Hannah doesn’t drink.  I’m just procrastinating because I don’t want to sand or paint.

I seem to remember Richard was a hedge fund advisor and traveled in well heeled circles.  They were only married six years before he died of liver failure after a brief illness.    I'm thinking Hannah doesn't drink because she's seen close up the problems alcohol can cause and if Dorinda is an alcoholic - well that's a genetic Russian roulette for Hannah.  

Heh, I get using the ho-wives to procrastinate - I'm doing it right now too.    Here's a link to some gossip rag with info about Dorinda.  Interestingly (but not really) it mentions a reason Dorinda hated Tinsley so much.  According to Elyse Tins was poking Dorinda about Richard.   https://www.thelist.com/219416/the-truth-about-dorinda-medleys-late-husband-richard/

Edited by Cosmocrush
to add link
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, albarino said:

My experience (lived in a DC suburb and visited daughter often when she was at NYU) is that Manhattan is not a charming borough.  I can't speak for the others. 

Like everything else, it depends on where you are.

I miss the two museums, seeing the plays, skating in Central Park whilst was snowing (when younger), Chinatown, and the Seaport when it was there, walking thu the village and everything.  So much construction, cranes everywhere now.  Still, it will always be my town.

Amen to this.  One of the reasons people have been "leaving in droves" (WAY before COVID-19) is because of the high rents and high condo prices.   I was on the Upper East Side in February and saw many, many vacant store fronts.  Why?  Commercial rents skyrocket.  Small businesses can't survive.  25 years ago, the area where I work, was filled with interesting restaurants.  Now?  Nothing but chains.  After 2008, a lot of those places just couldn't survive.

I know people say that with working remotely, people won't want to live in NYC.  That may be true...for awhile.  I've been working from home since March.  Is it nice?  Yeah, but I do miss seeing people, actually being in the presence of other humans.  Plus in other places...you have to drive, you have to have a car and that's a whole issue in itself. 

A friend of mine once had a sweet condo in Staten Island.  When she got married, she and her husband bought a house, and for the rest of her life, she never stopped talking about that condo, how she wish she'd never moved into a house.  At one point her husband wanted to move to a rural area and she told him that if he did that, she'd kill herself and she was NOT lying.  She could not bear to look out of her window and see....nothing, no people, nothing. 

To the show!  I think Dorinda hated Tinsley for two reasons, one, because Tinsley has the life that Dorinda will never have again, and two because Dorinda saw Tinsley as "setting women back" meaning, leaving her job (RHONYC) for a man.  

The reason reason Dorinda was fired, the comment she made about Tinsley, "She almost ruined the SHOW."  Shhh, Dorinda.  Reality TV rule 101:  Not ever supposed to say that this is a show.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Sonja has been told to sell her town home since the beginning of this show, why is she acting like it is a fresh idea?  Also, she said that house was where her daughter used to bring her friends but now she is in college that won't happen anymore...what about summers and winter breaks, wouldn't her daughter come home from college, I know mine did.  

Her daughter was underaged and had no choice but to go home during breaks.  Now that she’s not forced to go home she probably has other ideas where to spend breaks. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

I seem to remember Richard was a hedge fund advisor and traveled in well heeled circles.  They were only married six years before he died of liver failure after a brief illness.    I'm thinking Hannah doesn't drink because she's seen close up the problems alcohol can cause and if Dorinda is an alcoholic - well that's a genetic Russian roulette for Hannah.  

Heh, I get using the ho-wives to procrastinate - I'm doing it right now too.    Here's a link to some gossip rag with info about Dorinda.  Interestingly (but not really) it mentions a reason Dorinda hated Tinsley so much.  According to Elyse Tins was poking Dorinda about Richard.   https://www.thelist.com/219416/the-truth-about-dorinda-medleys-late-husband-richard/

Thanks that’s an interesting article.  I’m not surprised that Tinsley tried to push back at Dorinda.  I do feel bad saying something negative about Richard, but it’s about Dorinda’s self proclaimed transparency.   Practice what you preach.  Richard seemed to be a successful, well liked individual.  I have to give kudos to Bravo for not using any footage that would hurt Richards reputation.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

Thank you for the article.  I think Dorinda misses Richard for himself AND the life and prestige he provided.  They ran around with influential people, traveled all over the world with the rich and famous, entertained important people.  If John was the same way, I’ll bet she would be married to him now.  Her life is not the same anymore and she just can’t take it, IMO.  Maybe Tinsley told her the same thing and that’s why she is so furious with her.  The truth hurts.

• Love 2
On 9/4/2020 at 6:33 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

...even more...

mob post.jpg

You know, I read that she was on Millionaire Matchmaker, but I must have forgotten. 
All this time I was wondering how she could even pay her utility bills with the Married to the MOB (which always makes me think, “Mother-of-the-Bride,” because that’s what MOB stands for in the bridal industry) revenues. How was this ever a multimillion-dollar fashion line?!? She takes expressions or opinions that you could probably find in any twenty-something’s text threads and throws them on a shirt. And people are buying them? Lots of people apparently are buying them. 
Well, I do like that she seems very humble about her success. She’s not constantly bragging about how she’s a streetwear maven or something.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 3
On 9/3/2020 at 6:12 PM, pieinmyeye said:

That coin without a face certainly didn’t mean good news. Yikes!

For all the renovation stuff Dorinda has had done this year, she doesn't recognize a pre-cut push out from an electrical switch/outlet box?  .

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 9/3/2020 at 7:39 PM, Emmeline said:

As others have posted, Dorinda’s spewing vitriol about Tinsley is just bizarre and unwarranted.  I don’t even know if I want to see Tinsley at the reunion because I don’t want to hear Dorinda go at her again.  From episode one I watched Dorinda berate Tinsley again and again, for no reason what so ever.  Tinsley should have told Bravo that she could no longer take the abuse and bullying, and that is what it was.  Perhaps that is why Bravo agreed to let her go mid-season.  

How is it possible that Dorinda’s family watch these episodes and don’t question her mental status?   She needs therapy and medication.  I’m sure we will just see her double down on her behavior at the reunion.  I’m happy she is off the show and she is a Bitch with a capital “B”.

Dorinda's family has known for a long time who she is.  They're probably just glad someone else is the target.

• Love 3
On 9/4/2020 at 1:04 PM, janiema said:

I’ve wondered that too. I think the parking garage may have some affect on the price. It may be noisy and there may be auto exhaust fumes that get into the house. Perhaps she put a good sized mortgage on the house when she worked through her bankruptcy. So you may be right about large liens on the property. She may be upside down once liens are satisfied and income taxes, if any, paid on the sale.

it would be so much better for Sonja to get out from under that burden but if she can’t walk away with enough to get a decent apartment she may be unwilling to let go.

I can't imagine a location next to a parking garage would be a bad thing in NYC.  Sonja not being able to unload such a desirable property that I assume is a rarity on the NYC market makes me think the reason it doesn't sell is because it's overpriced for the terrible condition it's in.  Having new carpet installed is like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.  Old man Morgan probably stuck her with it in the divorce because he knew it would cost half its value to do a proper remodel/restoration.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

You know, I read that she was on Millionaire Matchmaker, but I must have forgotten. 
All this time I was wondering how she could even pay her utility bills with the Married to the MOB (which always makes me think, “Mother-of-the-Bride”) revenues. How was this ever a multimillion-dollar fashion line?!? She takes expressions or opinions that you could probably find in any twenty-something’s text threads and throws them on a shirt. And people are buying them? Lots of people apparently are buying them. 
Well, I do like that she seems very humble about her success. She’s not constantly bragging about how she’s a streetwear maven or something.

How does that show work?  Was she looking for a millionaire?

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

How does that show work?  Was she looking for a millionaire?

I think it was Leah who was the millioinaire looking to be matched up.  Patti Stanger, a self-proclaimed Third Generation Matchmaker, formed The Millionaire Club.  She interviews the member to find out their preferences.  Her recruiters go out and about looking for desirable singles to match with the millionaires.  Then Patti throws a mixer party and the millionaire chooses two to have a mini-date with, and ultimately they choose the one they want for their master date. 

It was a kind of fun show.  Part of the fun was Patti interviewing the hopefuls and giving straight from the shoulder advice and pointers to the millionaires and hopefuls, all in an effort to produce a match, which sometimes did happen.  Or at least looked like it had the potential to go the distance.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Aka ‘Danger money’!

16 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m sorry: I don’t recognize this reference (I feel like Ramona). Please explain. (Then I can mention Dangerous Cash when it’s germane to the conversation.)

‘Danger money’: noun meaning extra payment for working under dangerous conditions. What you described (RHs having to listen to Lu singing) sounded like it perfectly met that description!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Speaking of homes, where exactly is Lu living if she sold her upstate house?   Hotel?   Friends sofa?  The lower level of Ramona's big Hampton house probably doesn't sound so bad now, lol.  

LuAnn bought a cute house on a pond in Sag Harbor, N.y.  In the Hamptons.  Not far from Ramona, North of the highway.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Neurochick said:

And just as many people moving TO New York.  People act like this pandemic will go on FOREVER, it won't.   A lot of people ran out of the city, kind of a knee jerk reaction, a geographic, running from someplace instead of to someplace. 

Also many people have wanted to see cities like NY go down in flames for some reason. 

Yeah, I've lived through this once before already (post-9/11 NYC) and will not be remotely surprised when NYC rebounds. Right after 9/11, you could get amazing deals on rentals within Manhattan because people were scared. The city always moves on, it's resilient.  Not to mention that an awful lot of people moving out have young families and would have likely made their way out to the suburbs soon anyway, this just rushed things along.

As far as working from anywhere, it's great...in theory. We've been WFH since March and it was exciting at first and now the vast majority of us are miserable and desperate to go back to the office, see other people, and eat in our usual lunchtime haunts. Plus, NYC has a lot more to offer than just cramped office space. There will always be young people who move here with a dream, thank goodness.

As far as the show...I'm still not getting what is so bad about Lea's mother? Like, what is the big deal? I don't get what she expects from this woman. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

Yeah, I've lived through this once before already (post-9/11 NYC) and will not be remotely surprised when NYC rebounds. Right after 9/11, you could get amazing deals on rentals within Manhattan because people were scared. The city always moves on, it's resilient.  Not to mention that an awful lot of people moving out have young families and would have likely made their way out to the suburbs soon anyway, this just rushed things along.

As far as working from anywhere, it's great...in theory. We've been WFH since March and it was exciting at first and now the vast majority of us are miserable and desperate to go back to the office, see other people, and eat in our usual lunchtime haunts. Plus, NYC has a lot more to offer than just cramped office space. There will always be young people who move here with a dream, thank goodness.

As far as the show...I'm still not getting what is so bad about Lea's mother? Like, what is the big deal? I don't get what she expects from this woman. 

I don’t get it either.  Her Mother is lovely and only wants Leah to stop drinking.  At the Mothers age, she doesn’t need this crap with her daughters.  I think Leah’s sister instigates.  Leah was arrested already, and her mother is worried about her.  Leah can’t see that being a mother herself?

• Love 6
22 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I wonder why Tinsley's "breach of contract" stuck in her craw so much?   It's weird to me that Dorinda was so upset about it.  Things changed in Tinsley's personal life and apparently Bravo was gracious enough to accommodate those changes.  It's not like Tinsley told them all to go to hell and walked out on them!  Dorinda should understand that in life, stuff happens - for good or for bad.  People change jobs, they move, they make new friends, etc.    Contracts can sometimes be renegotiated or broken without a problem.  It's beyond me as to why Dorinda is stuck on this one issue with Tinsley.  She should be happy that Tinsley is happy and wanted to go be with Scott ASAP.  What kind of friend would not want that for another friend?  I hope that Dorinda can get some help before she harms someone or herself. 

If Tinsley had stayed, Dorinda would've dragged her for only being in New York City to film the show and having this other life off-camera in Chicago. So Tinsley was going to lose in Dorinda's eyes no matter what.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 9/4/2020 at 5:57 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

lol  I noticed that too, but couldn't make out what she said.

“I’m sweating,” I think? 

22 hours ago, biakbiak said:

How odd was it that Ramona said Sonja should be proud of herself for buying the townhouse as if it was some sort of accomplishment. That house was bought by her rich husband who was rich because of generational inherited wealth. 

Did she say she bought it? I thought she only said that it was Sonja’s badge of honor and was proud of her for moving on. 

28 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I think Leah has a streak of "I only think of myself" even though she is a mother. 

No wonder she and Lu get along 😛 

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

Jerry Seinfeld wrote a great article for the NYT about people crowing about the city being  Dead.  You can’t get the NYC energy working remotely in your suburban living room.  People come and go all the time.  nYC was ground zero for a crisis once again and a lot of people were hurt and a lot of people died.  Let’s hope next year is the beginning of a new and prosperous era.  

• Love 9
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

All this time I was wondering how she could even pay her utility bills with the Married to the MOB (which always makes me think, “Mother-of-the-Bride”) revenues. How was this ever a multimillion-dollar fashion line?!? She takes expressions or opinions that you could probably find in any twenty-something’s text threads and throws them on a shirt. And people are buying them? Lots of people apparently are buying them. 

1.  The $64,000 question   2.  Apparently   3.  Small blessings

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

‘Danger money’: noun meaning extra payment for working under dangerous conditions. What you described (RHs having to listen to Lu singing) sounded like it perfectly met that description!

Oohh okay.  I call it hazard pay, lol.  Same/same.

1 hour ago, Bluesky said:

Jerry Seinfeld wrote a great article for the NYT about people crowing about the city being  Dead.  You can’t get the NYC energy working remotely in your suburban living room.  People come and go all the time.  nYC was ground zero for a crisis once again and a lot of people were hurt and a lot of people died.  Let’s hope next year is the beginning of a new and prosperous era.  

Amen to that!

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Interestingly (but not really) it mentions a reason Dorinda hated Tinsley so much.  According to Elyse Tins was poking Dorinda about Richard.   https://www.thelist.com/219416/the-truth-about-dorinda-medleys-late-husband-richard/

Dorinda looks so cute in that photo with Hillary. I love her hair. 

I think Elyse was mischaracterizing that interaction. Have we ever seen Tinsley really poke at anyone? And would anyone who knows Dorinda poke at her? At the cornfield venue, Tinsley said something snarky, but only because Dorinda had verbally attacked her recently and was now demonstrating what a hypocrite she was.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

LuAnn bought a cute house on a pond in Sag Harbor, N.y.  In the Hamptons.  Not far from Ramona, North of the highway.

Thanks Silver Bells!   Seems like the minimum requirement for being a RHONY would be living in NYC but I guess NY is close enough. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Holy shit. I forgot about that. 

You are so right. That was way way off for Dorinda to do. That's putting it politely.

Agreed. I think this enabled Tinsley to get production and legal to let her out of her contract. She feared for her safety.

I mean, they literally went way out their way to go somewhere that would be private and where people in their social circle would never go and Dorinda just happened to have a "friend" who was there and recognized them and took a photo??? Not buying it one bit. If production was in on this and handed over "proof"  to Dorinda that Tinsley and Scott were back together, then that is pretty slimy and creepy for Bravo to orchestrate for drama on the show. Just like Bethenny had a "friend" at the bar where Tom was and got a photo of him making out with some bimbo. Don't these women have enough drama in their lives without making more by using "friends" to stalk, spy and photograph other women? And shame on Bravo for being a part of this if they did have something to do with it.

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Dorinda looks so cute in that photo with Hillary. I love her hair. 

I think Elyse was mischaracterizing that interaction. Have we ever seen Tinsley really poke at anyone? And would anyone who knows Dorinda poke at her? At the cornfield venue, Tinsley said something snarky, but only because Dorinda had verbally attacked her recently and was now demonstrating what a hypocrite she was.

What exactly did Tinsley say that would be "poking" at Dorinda? I find that laughable that Tinsley "poked" at her and then she proceeded to spend two seasons harassing and belittling Tinsley as a way of getting back at her...please. All the women were sympathetic for awhile but then it just became a broken record. At some point you need to get some grievance counseling and not bring everyone down at every get together with sad memories of your deceased husband. There was a nasty and bitter edge to Dorinda that was ugly and pathological. I didn't think anyone could be more mean spirited and bitter than Bethenny... Dorinda has her beat by a mile.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

What exactly did Tinsley say that would be "poking" at Dorinda? I find that laughable that Tinsley "poked" at her and then she proceeded to spend two seasons harassing and belittling Tinsley as a way of getting back at her...please. All the women were sympathetic for awhile but then it just became a broken record. At some point you need to get some grievance counseling and not bring everyone down at every get together with sad memories of your deceased husband. There was a nasty and bitter edge to Dorinda that was ugly and pathological. I didn't think anyone could be more mean spirited and bitter than Bethenny... Dorinda has her beat by a mile.

Tinsley might of said “You only married Richard because he was rich, influential, took you all over the world, introduced you to important people, etc.  Would you still be crying if he were a window washer or postman and a regular guy?”   That could have stung Dorinda big time to make her hate Tinsley so much.  Dorinda had a grand life ... now she only has John, who she thinks is not good enough for her.  That’s why she is bitter.  There are no prospects on the horizon either.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Did she say she bought it? I thought she only said that it was Sonja’s badge of honor and was proud of her for moving on. 

Right after she said it was her badge of honor she said she bought it.

• Love 1
On 9/4/2020 at 6:13 PM, Mar said:

Yes, there is something very off with her. The way she speaks is so bizarre, and that high-pitched cackle laugh she does is horrible. I torture myself by following these women on Instagram, and almost every day she posts Cringeworthy videos of herself in which she is so affected and  unnatural.

Besides watching this season, I’ve been watching ALL the seasons.  I am so tired of Ramona's constant babbling about everything that comes into her head.  Everything is about how great she looks, how sexy, her hair, her friends, her house, her, her, her, her.  Plus, I hate her kissing up to everyone and hugging them every minute.  She’s just so fu..in annoying.  How Mario took her, I have no idea.  The woman does not shut up for one second.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 9/4/2020 at 9:36 PM, stcroix said:

Dorinda had mean eyes.  Even when smiling she had mean eyes.  Except in the talking heads, then the big innocent face, all smiles and cutesy sayings were shown. She says her mean comments with a smile. I've rewatched the past seasons of NY these past couple of months beginning when Carol Radz, Heather and Aviva came on, through the Bethenny years and also Dorinda's years up to last year.  (Couldn't force myself to rewatch this mess of a year).  And even though I loved Dorinda her first 2-3 yrs, on rewatching the seasons she's always been a drunk.  I was surprised I really didn't notice how bad she was from the beginning because it's so obvious now.  Always with a little bit of food on her lip, crying, and talking over everyone.  I think Blue Stone Manor was a huge plus for her being so popular, along with the fact she wasn't a major player in the lineup.  As one after another have changed and Bethany has left it's allll Dorinda now and nothing to hide her nastiness.  It's not cute like she thinks, she's not stylish or fabulous like she thinks.  She's a rotten messy drunk.  I'm THRILLED she's gone.  And I never would have imagined I'd say that even 3 yrs ago.  

I wanted to know what everyone was talking about so I watched the last few minutes of the episode. Wow. All Leah said was “Tinsley” and Dorinda turned on her like a rabid dog. Well at least Leah now knows first hand what everyone else has been trying to tell her about Dorinda. Production must be really ticked off with her to leave in all the footage, especially of her breaking the fourth wall and saying “show” and “contract” and so no. 

Good riddance Dorinda! I was never a fan of hers, not even early on, but she didn’t bother me then as much as this season. 

Also, I’m glad to hear Leah stopped drinking. I guess she watched the season and saw some things she didn’t like about her behavior. Good for her. I wish Sonja and Dorinda would do the same. (I know Sonja has said she only drinks during filming, but I’ve giving side eye to that statement.) 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 10
On 9/3/2020 at 9:27 PM, njbchlover said:

I think what we saw tonight was probably 90% of the reason that Dorinda was fired has decided to not renew her contract.  The other 10% is probably that the other women have refused to film with her anymore after that fiasco.  

Dorinda needs some serious help!  

I think we also saw why Tinsley left mid-season, and I don't blame her. Why put up with that, especially when the other ladies barely defended Tinsley?  My guess is that as bad as what we saw on camera, there was probably worse behavior that we did not see.

• Love 16