Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E20: No Party Like a Mob Party

• Start Topic

On 8/27/2020 at 10:04 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I can’t look at Dorinda in that dress and not think “boobs!”

I think she is one of the worst dressed on this show. Usually too sparkly, too tight, too cheap looking despite the price tags.  Was there some helpful hints page that said wearing shiny clothing erased the look of wrinkles?  Some of these women always look like they are ready to perform in a dance recital.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Please!  She is a simply a 68 year old woman who has not indulged in "procedures" or spent a lot of time and money on her hair and outward appearance.  She doesn't look too bad for her age at all.  The granola comment was probably generated by her long, natural hair and attire.

I don't know...I took as it as a dig...a polite dig. She's 68?? I'm sorry, but I thought she was in her 70's. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Is looking "kind of granola" another term for old and haggard?

In my mind I think Earth Mother, holistic, vegetarian, hemp clothing...I have known many young people I would describe that way, age is not a criteria for that description, right?

• Love 16
Just now, Baltimore Betty said:

In my mind I think Earth Mother, holistic, vegetarian, hemp clothing...I have known many young people I would describe that way, age is not a criteria for that description, right?

I wasn't saying I thought she was old and haggard...I was saying the way these cosmetic surgery obsessed women kept describing her as "granola" seemed like a polite way of saying she looked "old and haggard". Everyone calm down...

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That’s my understanding, too—and Earth Mother is the term I thought of as well. Living in the Bay Area I see tons of “granola” types, and it’s not defined by age, it’s more of a thing that’s marked by style, lifestyle choices, even hobbies, etc. I’m sure some use it as an insult—but it’s not necessarily one. I don’t use it as one. And maybe connotations vary regionally.

I kinda liked Leah’s mom. More than I’ve enjoyed Leah. 

• Love 11
15 hours ago, For Cereals said:

Luanne is a grifter of the highest order.  Bravo did a special a few years ago showing how she inserted herself into society and her relationships.  I laughed when she was talking about being in shackles and thinking of her father.  I’m thinking she was too drunk for reflection at the time and probably still threatening the police.

I think Luann had the look, wealthy men were attracted to her and she just went with it.  Same as Sonja.  Nothing wrong with it IMO. Not everybody can get into college. 

I won't read Luann's book but good for her "writing" it.  Reality "stars" have very short shelf lives, better make the best of it.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, ichbin said:
On 8/27/2020 at 10:04 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I can’t look at Dorinda in that dress and not think “boobs!”

I think she is one of the worst dressed on this show. Usually too sparkly, too tight, too cheap looking despite the price tags.  Was there some helpful hints page that said wearing shiny clothing erased the look of wrinkles?  Some of these women always look like they are ready to perform in a dance recital.

I actually feel like Dorinda's fashion can be so classic and tasteful at times, but then there are some real misses! 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think Luann had the look, wealthy men were attracted to her and she just went with it.  Same as Sonja.  Nothing wrong with it IMO. Not everybody can get into college. 

I won't read Luann's book but good for her "writing" it.  Reality "stars" have very short shelf lives, better make the best of it.

I didn’t say there was anything wrong with it, just that she pursued it and wasn’t born into it.

Nor do I think there’s anything wrong with writing a book, but I just don’t think she was reflective at the time of her arrest. 

1 hour ago, ichbin said:

Please!  She is a simply a 68 year old woman who has not indulged in "procedures" or spent a lot of time and money on her hair and outward appearance.  She doesn't look too bad for her age at all.  The granola comment was probably generated by her long, natural hair and attire.

I agree with this. To me, Bunny isn't 'granola' in the hippy-ish sense, not at all. She's more the 'Eileen Fisher' type, if you know that clothing line. Older woman, natural gray hair, little makeup, and very simple but probably still very expensive clothing. That's not my idea of 'granola'.

Also, can anyone here with mob connections maybe put in a word to them to 'visit' Leah and make her change the name of her line?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I will read it too out of curiosity.  I read Erika Janes book, and it was like a ten yr old wrote it. 

Which is kind of interesting since Brian Moylan wrote Erica's book. I didn't read it but I guess a ghost channels the *voice* of the "author".

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I"m Leah's age, and my mom is just as disapproving as Leah's mom, but my mom is nicer about it. Leah's mom is pretty blunt. I don't believe that Leah's MTTM was funded through the police verdict. I do think she says that to sound cool. But I'm sure her mom and dad probably helped her out the most. Knowing she had the 75K probably was the reassurance. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Didn’t Dorinda give a horrible speech/toast at a birthday party earlier this season? 🤔

She insists on doing one every season. Loud slurred rambling speech and all. Her trademark. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Everyone always gives Tinsley crap for being childish, which can be annoying, but at least she has manners.

That's one of the reasons I like Tinsley.  I don't recall her ever being purposefully hurtful to the other women.  Dorinda is just plain cruel.  Ramona can be a doofus, but she's been trying to get Dorinda to understand just how awful she's been, but Dorinda was much too proud or in denial to even entertain the idea that she was being such a bitch to everyone.  It's a shame that instead of listening to Ramona, she laughed in her face.  What a jerk. 

• Like 1
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, ivygirl said:

That’s my understanding, too—and Earth Mother is the term I thought of as well. Living in the Bay Area I see tons of “granola” types, and it’s not defined by age, it’s more of a thing that’s marked by style, lifestyle choices, even hobbies, etc. I’m sure some use it as an insult—but it’s not necessarily one. I don’t use it as one. And maybe connotations vary regionally.

I kinda liked Leah’s mom. More than I’ve enjoyed Leah. 

I guess some of those HW's might get freaked out seeing women in their natural state, untouched by a plastic surgeon, no fillers or anything! LOL.

Ramona was running from Elyse, Elyse kept verbally assaulting her, I did not like Elyse doing that, not that I am sticking up for that awkward, twitchy Ramona but the fact that she had pester and chase Ramona till she left and missed out on camera time.  On the other hand, Ramona probably high tailed it to the closest bar where men gather, she was wearing her metallic jeans after all.

Show of hands who thought Sonja pre gamed before she arrived at Leah's party.  Hot men! hot men! Oy she sounded like a fool.

Leah makes it known to all present that she will give 15% of her company to her sister then later on when the HW's bottle service starts she backtracks and says everything is negotiable, wait till her sister hears that!

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

She also calls women the B-word. I don't get it. I wouldn't want a friend calling me that, even in jest. 

It depends on the friend set and the person. I've had friends call me all sorts of things, if it's from someone I know uses bitch affectionately, and I know a few, I'm good. If someone uses bitch as a perjorative then no. It would not fly.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

So I wonder where she stays when she's in town filming?   And does she still qualify as a RHONY if she doesn't live in NYC?  heh.  

These HW shows are loose with titles. None of the NY women are really housewives. Same for some of the women on the other HW shows. In terms of location, most of the Potomac and Beverly Hills women don't actually live in Potomac and BH. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

There’s a college for pretty much everyone that wants one. Whether it’s starting with community college or the kind of private schools who will take on students who don’t need financial aid.  Sonja seems the type who went to college rather than go directly to work and then “worked” on landing a rich man.  

Ramona and Lu seem to think Elise is not a girl’s girl. That’s rich. Lu is not a girl’s girl. She inserted herself into one of Tom’s dates and announced it was her turn.  Ramona will ditch a gathering of women for a date or in order to prowl for men.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I"m Leah's age, and my mom is just as disapproving as Leah's mom, but my mom is nicer about it. Leah's mom is pretty blunt. I don't believe that Leah's MTTM was funded through the police verdict. I do think she says that to sound cool. But I'm sure her mom and dad probably helped her out the most. Knowing she had the 75K probably was the reassurance. 

I don’t mind her mother’s bluntness because Leah is almost 40 years old.  There’s no reason not to be blunt to with an almost middle aged daughter.  

I think Rob subsidies her MTTM company and has since the start.  That’s probably why she gets along with him so well.   

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

There’s a college for pretty much everyone that wants one. Whether it’s starting with community college or the kind of private schools who will take on students who don’t need financial aid.  Sonja seems the type who went to college rather than go directly to work and then “worked” on landing a rich man.  

True, but college isn't for everybody. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Leah makes it known to all present that she will give 15% of her company to her sister then later on when the HW's bottle service starts she backtracks and says everything is negotiable, wait till her sister hears that!

Right about that. 
But I don’t think 15% of MTTM will buy you a yacht, maybe a Cricut machine at Joann’s with a 40% off coupon.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Fugly as hell!

I know, lol.  My Mother used to sit all day in the rocking chair and crochet that pattern for everyone.  She made afghans and spreads for the beds too.  Unfortunately, us kids didn’t care for the wool material, put them away, and buy those soft throws they have now.  I now feel bad as she put a lot of work into those things.  Now, that pattern is the” in” thing.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Bluesky said:

Luanne was a nurse. I'm not sure if she was an RN, but she has an advanced education.

I can see Luanne being genuinely attracted to the Count, he has that something about him quality and he was Eurowhatever with money. Yeah she was/is a social climber, but not because she didn't have an education/career. 

Sonja on the other hand? She's been clear her attraction is either young stud or $$.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I don't know...I took as it as a dig...a polite dig. She's 68?? I'm sorry, but I thought she was in her 70's. 

Me too.  A complete makeover, hair, makeup, clothes would probably change her look into stunning, but clearly she’s not into that stuff, and that’s o.k. too.  The two daughters look just like her, I think.  It cracks me up how the daughters talk about their mother.  I’m wondering if my two girls talk like that too.  Hahaha.  Probally.  I think all kids do.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Luanne was a nurse. I'm not sure if she was an RN, but she has an advanced education.

I can see Luanne being genuinely attracted to the Count, he has that something about him quality and he was Eurowhatever with money. Yeah she was/is a social climber, but not because she didn't have an education/career. 

Sonja on the other hand? She's been clear her attraction is either young stud or $$.

I was embarrassed for Sonja climbing into those men.  At her age, she should be ashamed of herself.  These women are so sex starved it’s pathetic.  Although LuAnn appears to be so classy, she’s just as bad.  I don’t envy these women.  Give me the simple life.  My family, my t.v. and my recliner and I’m in heaven.  And my I pad.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I was embarrassed for Sonja climbing into those men.  

I was trying to imagine some old guy, say Tom or Harry, jumping on top of a group of young women at a party like that...nope.  It's not right for Sonja to do it, either.

• Like 1
  • Love 14
27 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I believe I once read she was an LPN.  

3 minutes ago, izabella said:

I was trying to imagine some old guy, say Tom or Harry, jumping on top of a group of young women at a party like that...nope.  It's not right for Sonja to do it, either.

Never quite sure if she is trying to come off as Auntie Mame or Mae West.  Whatever, I find it cringeworthy when she does that.  I imagine she had the same routine when she was younger and approaching a group of older men.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
51 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I know, lol.  My Mother used to sit all day in the rocking chair and crochet that pattern for everyone.  She made afghans and spreads for the beds too.  Unfortunately, us kids didn’t care for the wool material, put them away, and buy those soft throws they have now.  I now feel bad as she put a lot of work into those things.  Now, that pattern is the” in” thing.

Granny squares as fashion have a resurgence now and again.  I remember them being a big thing in the early 70's.  Those vests kept a lot of grandmas busy for awhile.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

I was embarrassed for Sonja climbing into those men.  At her age, she should be ashamed of herself.  These women are so sex starved it’s pathetic.  Although LuAnn appears to be so classy, she’s just as bad.  I don’t envy these women.  Give me the simple life.  My family, my t.v. and my recliner and I’m in heaven.  And my I pad.

Luann and Sonja are extroverted, flirty, hot ladies. I don’t think they should be ashamed at all if that’s what they want and love to do. I do think they’re lonely for solid, long term companionship. 

So Luann always rents while filming and the others have nothing to say about it, but they screamed at Tinsley at the last reunion about how she didn’t live in NYC when not filming. Ugh. I can’t remember if it was Bethenny or Dorinda or both...

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Luann isn't an RN. Luann was an LPN. She attended a one year training course at her high school. RHONY is the franchise with the highest percentage of the cast with formal education. The cast members without 4 year college degrees when they were on the show are Alex, Luann, Kristen Taekman, Leah, and maybe Elyse. Alex now has a college degree.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 8/27/2020 at 8:46 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Holy hell!  Hannah with the matching jacket!  Eeks!

On 8/27/2020 at 8:47 PM, TexasGal said:

OMG Hannah wearing the sequined granny square jacket to go with last week’s pants!

On 8/27/2020 at 8:47 PM, Straycat80 said:

Interesting, Dorinda’s daughter doesn’t drink, maybe she’s afraid she’ll turn into an alcoholic like her mom. What is it with the granny square Afghan clothes? Hideous, and they have to be so heavy and hot. 

I know I'm late but I just watched the episode tonight. I laughed - no CACKLED - like a Hyena for at least a good 10 minutes when I saw Dorinda's daughter wearing that Jacket. My daughter heard me from the next room.

Are we sure this wasn't Dorinda's couch when she was napping?!

d8ef550f766e873a0e3ea94b2b47b62f.jpg

• LOL 4
8 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Luann and Sonja are extroverted, flirty, hot ladies. I don’t think they should be ashamed at all if that’s what they want and love to do. I do think they’re lonely for solid, long term companionship. 

Well, if LuAnn and Sonja would stop acting like sluts without shame, maybe they would be in a solid, long term companionship.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, izabella said:

Right?  The men would be arrested.  She gets off as being flirty.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Yes, the Count looked nice.  LuAnn had looks and style and his two kids.  I wonder what happened there?  I’m wondering if she will put that situation with the Count in her book.

• Love 2
On 8/29/2020 at 1:20 AM, Cosmocrush said:

So I wonder where she stays when she's in town filming?   And does she still qualify as a RHONY if she doesn't live in NYC?  heh.  

Lu hasn’t really “lived” in the city since she got divorced from the Count. She has lived in the Hamptons (with that brief stay in the “round house” in... the name of the town is escaping me). 

On 8/29/2020 at 2:39 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

I thought she couldn't sell because it's the kids inheritance? 

That was the Hamptons house.

On 8/29/2020 at 2:46 AM, gingerella said:

Unless pop culture has appropriated the description “she’s granola”, it used to mean someone who was hippy-ish. Wears Indian fabric skirts, is veg or vegan,  might not shave legs or underarms, reeks of patchouli oil, smokes a lot of weed, dreads optional/slacker boyfriend mandatory. Leah is NOT ‘granola’. Granola isn’t bougie, and Leah is all about the bouge. I think those idiots don’t know what hell the words they use even mean.

But no one said Leah was granola. They’re talking about her mom. 

On 8/29/2020 at 7:47 AM, Chicklet said:

"looks granola" 

We used to say "crunchy granola" but it does mean an old hippy. Bunny has very long white hair, but it's lovely. Does she dress like a hippy? I don't even remember what she wore, but granted she eats weird things like the rice cakes with broccoli. I'd consider that weird not granola.

So are the blondes going to keep coloring and never cutting their hair? It's a ton of effort and expense to keep highlighting and low lighting hair to keep the gray/white hair away girls. 

Which blondes do you mean?  Sonja recently cut her hair much shorter,Dorinda wears hers short, and Leah’s hair—be it bottled blonde or natural—is super thick and healthy looking, probably with minimal greys. Ramona has cut hers a few times. 

20 hours ago, Chicklet said:

So she has to go live in BSM now that she's out at Bravo I'm assuming since she can't just kick her renters out and I'm sure she didn't plan on getting fired?

Pretty sure BSM is her primary residence anyway. 

15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did her daughter wear the matching quilt out in public, was she on a Slanket pub crawl?

Her daughter wore the hideous jacket at Dorinda’s party... that *was* out in public. 

• Love 2

Party of One for loving Hannah's crocheted jacket and Dorinda's matching pants.  I looooooved them!

I grew up in the 70's, and I had the crocheted squares poncho that my mother knitted for me.  We all did!  

In recent years, I took up knitting and even joined a weekly knit/crochet group.  I was shocked at how many 20-somethings are in the group, mostly crocheting.....yes, the large square patterns that their grandmothers crocheted!

If you watch "Young Sheldon", his mom is always crocheting that same pattern.  I'm so glad it's making a comeback!

OK, hate on me y'all......I know, I'm alone in loving this!   (I can't stand Dorinda and her pretentious daughter, and I'm so glad they're gone....but I die for those pants & jacket).

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 8/29/2020 at 7:47 AM, Chicklet said:

So are the blondes going to keep coloring and never cutting their hair? It's a ton of effort and expense to keep highlighting and low lighting hair to keep the gray/white hair away girls. 

I'm not blonde, but ever since quarantine I do it every few months with a $7 box..... takes a couple of hours.  Not that much effort.  I don't blame any woman who dyes her hair.  Women with grey hair are not looked at with the same favour that men are.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

I was speaking about blondes only, as a former blonde, if you are doing it to keep from having a weird cast to your hair you need to do highlights and lowlights which is hella expensive. It's difficult to do correctly yourself.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm not blonde, but ever since quarantine I do it every few months with a $7 box..... takes a couple of hours.  Not that much effort.  I don't blame any woman who dyes her hair.

I get mine done every 5 weeks, been doing it for decades, ever since my first grey hair made an appearance. 

Some women turn grey and it looks amazing, not so much on me.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

Party of One for loving Hannah's crocheted jacket and Dorinda's matching pants.  I looooooved them!

I grew up in the 70's, and I had the crocheted squares poncho that my mother knitted for me.  We all did!  

In recent years, I took up knitting and even joined a weekly knit/crochet group.  I was shocked at how many 20-somethings are in the group, mostly crocheting.....yes, the large square patterns that their grandmothers crocheted!

If you watch "Young Sheldon", his mom is always crocheting that same pattern.  I'm so glad it's making a comeback!

OK, hate on me y'all......I know, I'm alone in loving this!   (I can't stand Dorinda and her pretentious daughter, and I'm so glad they're gone....but I die for those pants & jacket).

Hey gurl, you go ahead and let your freak flag granny squares fly! 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, ChitChat said:

That's one of the reasons I like Tinsley.  I don't recall her ever being purposefully hurtful to the other women.  Dorinda is just plain cruel.  Ramona can be a doofus, but she's been trying to get Dorinda to understand just how awful she's been, but Dorinda was much too proud or in denial to even entertain the idea that she was being such a bitch to everyone.  It's a shame that instead of listening to Ramona, she laughed in her face.  What a jerk. 

It don't think it was that she didn't realize how much of a bitch she was being, it was that she felt justified in doing so.

• Love 3

I'm not sure whether Dorinda wore these during the episode or it was a photo, but these pajama's cost almost $6000.00 !

Vuitton/Grace Coddington print with the LV logo and cats or dogs.

I can see buying a bag or dress for that amount, but lounging pj's?

Oh geez, I just crapped my pajama's, I wonder if she brings shit stained stuff to Madam Paulette?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, ichbin said:

Granny squares as fashion have a resurgence now and again.  I remember them being a big thing in the early 70's.  Those vests kept a lot of grandmas busy for awhile.

Until she died, I had a wealthy mother-in-law whom every year would re-gift a sweater to me for Christmas.  Always with no tags in a high-end department store gift box.  One year it was a granny square vest.  That's what came to my mind when I saw those granny square fashions.  (I got the last laugh, though - I always wore the most recent re-gifted sweater whenever we visited her to send the message that I had no goat to get.)

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

No hate, we love what we love and you like people looking like the back of a couch. ... I get it. 😉 i like the pattern too but it depends on the colors used.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1