Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E20: No Party Like a Mob Party

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Luann and Sonja are extroverted, flirty, hot ladies. I don’t think they should be ashamed at all if that’s what they want and love to do. I do think they’re lonely for solid, long term companionship. 

I agree with that.  People are different.  Not everybody wants to sit home and knit.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

No hate, we love what we love and you like people looking like the back of a couch. ... I get it. 😉 i like the pattern too but it depends on the colors used.

Yes, the back of the couch indeed!  And not only do I love it, I love it in these exact colors.  

I know....as I said, Party of One here!  (<-----ducks as y'all throw things at your screens lol!)

I hate that it was worn by hateful, narcissistic, spiteful mean Dorinda (buh....bye!!!) and her precocious, pretentious daughter.  I hope they never grace my screen again!

• Love 2

Maybe it’s a generational thing but I’m 40 and when someone is described as “granola” I think old hippie. No makeup, no hair coloring, Birkenstock shoes. I don’t think Instagram vegan types.

I think Luann has led a pretty fab life. Whether it’s clawing her way out of poverty or jet setting around the world with a rich count, that bitch always lands on her feet. I won’t pay $$ to read her book, but I think it will probably be interesting.

It’s a bit sad but I also laughed at Sonja at the Mob party.  She was having fun and wasn’t fall down drunk or slurring, which is an improvement for her. I think she scared the shit out of that guy at the door when she got in his face. Lol. 

Leahs apartment is pretty small so I think she can afford it on her own, but Leahs ex probably helps her a lot financially, which is good if he can afford it since helping her is helping their child.

I liked Elyse until this episode. Way too thirsty. Ramona is an og. If Ramona doesn’t want to put up with your bullshit, she really doesn’t have to. 

• Love 9
20 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ramona and Lu seem to think Elise is not a girl’s girl. That’s rich. Lu is not a girl’s girl. She inserted herself into one of Tom’s dates and announced it was her turn.  Ramona will ditch a gathering of women for a date or in order to prowl for men.

What is a girl's girl? I question what Ramona's definition? I think she means "someone who won't call me out when I ignore her without good reason." This was before Elise began to spill "tea" on Social Media. So maybe she was right after all lol.

On 8/29/2020 at 1:54 PM, ichbin said:

I think she is one of the worst dressed on this show. Usually too sparkly, too tight, too cheap looking despite the price tags.  Was there some helpful hints page that said wearing shiny clothing erased the look of wrinkles?  Some of these women always look like they are ready to perform in a dance recital.

She used to be one of the better dressed. It's like outside is reflecting the inner ugly this season.

dorinda fashion 1.png

dorinda fashion 2.jpg

Edited by shoetingstar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, shoetingstar said:

What is a girl's girl? I question what Ramona's definition? I think she means "someone who won't call me out when I ignore her without good reason." This was before Elise began to spill "tea" on Social Media. So maybe she was right after all lol.

She used to be one of the better dressed. It's like outside is reflecting the inner ugliness this season.

My theory: 

Ramona called Elyse (Elise?) a "friend jumper". I read somewhere that Ramona felt she was being used both to be on the show, and for social (climbing) connections. I find that believable; I mean, she got 60 friends to show up for her birthday party.

Ramona hangs with a wealthy crowd, and if they are hosting political fundraisers, they might hold some status and power among certain groups. None of these women are particularly deep, and seem to be drawn to people with money like moths to a light, so it's not beyond speculation.

I don't know if there was a specific incident that was the final straw, but I don't think Ramona took kindly to Elyse siding against her with Sonja about the "Those people are not your true friends, we are" thing.

Edited by SweetieDarling
I can't believe I used you're instead of your. ugh!
  • Love 9
On 8/29/2020 at 9:40 AM, jaybird2 said:

i spent time on sailboats in my younger days but never on a raceboat.  must be exciting

I've never been on a race boat but I swear like a sailor. Have most of my adult life. Always know my audience. In 34 years I never swore in front of a student. Swore in front of my kids when they were high school and beyond.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Harsh. Would you say that to their faces?

I think Bethenny would!!  Didn't she say something along those lines to LuAnn one time?  Bethenny had no qualms about letting the insults fly! 🙂 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, shoetingstar said:
On 8/29/2020 at 2:54 PM, ichbin said:

She used to be one of the better dressed. It's like outside is reflecting the inner ugly this season.

I’d say the same thing about Sonja. I used to really like her style, very classic. She would wear white button downs with a tweed blazer or some such. Yes, many of her purses and shoes were sharpied to hide scuffs but they were classics that she didn’t want to part with/was too cheap to have repaired properly. Now dressing like a 20year old is a completely different style. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Now that we have seen the granny square pants and matching jacket Dorinda has given new meaning to "Leisure Suit."  I like a suit that lets you be ready for a nap or a night on the town!

Exactly,

I’m surprised at least one cat didn’t lay on the pants and take a nap 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, chewycandy said:

I agree with this. First of all, "slut" is a gendered insult thrown at women for either daring to like sex or because they are (often) forced into using sex to get ahead. It's pretty gross. And secondly, "acting like sluts without shame" seemingly means, I don't know, just talking to men? They are grown women, and they can enjoy being single and talking to guys without receiving condemnation merely because they like talking and/or even *gasp* dating men. 

• Love 15

Oh good lord, the rings on Angela's fingers, so many rings she had to double up on a finger.

$95 for a fake bouquet/boo-kay is a bit much.

Why does every trip with Kalani and Asuelo end in getting a separate hotel?

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Crap, wrong forum.
  • LOL 1
On 8/29/2020 at 8:04 PM, Neurochick said:

True, but college isn't for everybody. 

That’s true, not everyone wants or needs it, there are many alternatives but that’s different than not every can go.   

• Love 1

I always thought Luanne was the most beautiful housewife (of all cities) with her gorgeous high cheekbones and tall strong sex body. I still think she is exceptionally beautiful.

NY has always had women with interesting looks. Bethanny, Dorinda, Heather, Carole, Aviva, Jill... others?? Then there are the models (Kelly, Jules, the tall blond lady). and the conventionally cute ladies (Ramona, Sonya, Tinsely).

I'm sure I'm forgetting people, but I think Luanne is just stunning. She's getting older, and she should prob lay off the smokes (same with Dorinda), but she's just gorgeous.

I

• Like 1
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Party of One for loving Hannah's crocheted jacket and Dorinda's matching pants.  I looooooved them!

I grew up in the 70's, and I had the crocheted squares poncho that my mother knitted for me.  We all did!  

In recent years, I took up knitting and even joined a weekly knit/crochet group.  I was shocked at how many 20-somethings are in the group, mostly crocheting.....yes, the large square patterns that their grandmothers crocheted!

If you watch "Young Sheldon", his mom is always crocheting that same pattern.  I'm so glad it's making a comeback!

OK, hate on me y'all......I know, I'm alone in loving this!   (I can't stand Dorinda and her pretentious daughter, and I'm so glad they're gone....but I die for those pants & jacket).

I wish I knew how to put a picture on here.  My Mother crocheted a pink and blue bedspread of granny squares with a rose in the middle of each square.  It’s in my closet now.  I only hope one of my granddaughters want it.  Nobody appreciates an heirloom.  I’m going to try with the picture.  Oh, and btw, Dorinda’s daughter is pretentious and is loud and annoying.  She thinks she’s so gorgeous and chic.  She’s not.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Silver Bells said:

I wish I knew how to put a picture on here.  My Mother crocheted a pink and blue bedspread of granny squares with a rose in the middle of each square.  It’s in my closet now.  I only hope one of my granddaughters want it.  Nobody appreciates an heirloom.  I’m going to try with the picture.  Oh, and btw, Dorinda’s daughter is pretentious and is loud and annoying.  She thinks she’s so gorgeous and chic.  She’s not.

Please teach me how to post a photo, if you can figure it out.

That bedspread sounds so sweet! I would love to see it. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Please teach me how to post a photo, if you can figure it out.

That bedspread sounds so sweet! I would love to see it. 

I’m going to look on u- tube.

7 hours ago, chewycandy said:

YES !!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 2

I think Leah's mom is an attractive woman. I like her hair color. I just wish it was cut into a decent style because right now I'm waiting for her to whip out a poison apple (ref. the witch in Snow White). She'd look great with a cut like Diane Keaton had in Something's Gotta Give. 

• Love 7

When I read complaints here about Ramona/Sonja/Luann wanting to be where the men were, I thought folks were saying that just because you reach a certain age you should hang it up, sit on the porch and knit.  

I think the problem with some of these women, Ramona and Sonja mostly, is it seems their main interest is picking up men.  When I was young, that was what my friends and I all did, we went to college to meet men, get married and become army wives.  (though most of those marriages did not last)

When you get to be a certain age, you might still want a relationship, but it's no longer the main focus, you want something more than just screwing, but maybe Ramona/Sonja/Luann don't.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

When you get to be a certain age, you might still want a relationship, but it's no longer the main focus, you want something more than just screwing, but maybe Ramona/Sonja/Luann don't.

I feel like they do, but could be wrong. Ramona for sure, Luann I think so because she has shown/told others she is lonely at times. Who really knows with wacky Sonja! 

10 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I think Leah's mom is an attractive woman. I like her hair color. I just wish it was cut into a decent style because right now I'm waiting for her to whip out a poison apple (ref. the witch in Snow White). She'd look great with a cut like Diane Keaton had in Something's Gotta Give. 

Omg...that’s spot on. Now I really wish she’d cut it. Haha! Would change her whole look. 

• Love 2
On 8/30/2020 at 7:35 PM, TipseyGirl said:

Not. Impressed. That shit looks like someone has been playing with iron-on letters.

Garment design and graphics sell wearables.

Don't get the "Billboard" text trend unless there is some meaningful message.

Wouldn't spend that dough on something you can make yourself or go to a local screenprint business. Many online companies offer a quantity one imprint option. 

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

When I read complaints here about Ramona/Sonja/Luann wanting to be where the men were, I thought folks were saying that just because you reach a certain age you should hang it up, sit on the porch and knit.  

I think the problem with some of these women, Ramona and Sonja mostly, is it seems their main interest is picking up men.  When I was young, that was what my friends and I all did, we went to college to meet men, get married and become army wives.  (though most of those marriages did not last)

I agree, I think they want the attention and admiration to continue as it may have in their youth. I’m not yet of a certain age but I’m definitely over looking for a relationship because I’ve learned relationships are kind of a pain in the ass, and like Whoopi Goldberg, I don’t want somebody in my house 😆

But seriously though, if they can’t pick up men at any given social event, they don’t want to be there, and to me that’s kind of obnoxious. The people who are the most fun in life are the ones who can be happy wherever they are. For Ramona, Sonja, Luann, fun is definitely conditional.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Oh my gosh. I have a few aunts (and a father) who had it going on when they were younger, and are sort of unaware they are older. I don't think it's that big of deal in general, but many times it makes people around them uncomfortable. But when you get old, people forgive stuff. Even though Ramona and Sonja look fantastic, they have a grandma vibe. When they look at young people they seem uncomfortable, IMO.

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Garment design and graphics sell wearables.

Don't get the "Billboard" text trend unless there is some meaningful message.

Wouldn't spend that dough on something you can make yourself or go to a local screenprint business. Many online companies a quantity one imprint option. 

Exactly.

One thing that has bugged me since I watched the episode is the part where Luann and her writer were talking about Luann’s growing up and how they had to buy shoes at Payless. First of all, the fawning over Luann by the writer was a bit over the top, but I do understand- this is a job for her and she has to be subordinate to Luann. It is disturbing though to see a grown woman (Luann) expect to be fawned over- I guess that is what happens when a person is as privileged as Luann is.  Secondly, is getting shoes at Payless a bad thing?  As my parents would have said, “You’re lucky to have shoes!”  I really don’t understand why shopping at Payless is such a horrible thing. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Ms. Me said:

One thing that has bugged me since I watched the episode is the part where Luann and her writer were talking about Luann’s growing up and how they had to buy shoes at Payless. First of all, the fawning over Luann by the writer was a bit over the top, but I do understand- this is a job for her and she has to be subordinate to Luann. It is disturbing though to see a grown woman (Luann) expect to be fawned over- I guess that is what happens when a person is as privileged as Luann is.  Secondly, is getting shoes at Payless a bad thing?  As my parents would have said, “You’re lucky to have shoes!”  I really don’t understand why shopping at Payless is such a horrible thing. 

I remember thinking when that comment was made, "oh boy, I'll bet she wishes she could leave that little gem on the cutting room floor".  Orrr, she is as devoid of self-awareness as she consistantly reminds us that she is.

• Love 2

it reminded me of this:

https://www.phillytrib.com/news/business/payless-fools-influencers-with-a-fake-store/article_0c23f251-4f16-5b67-b86f-74de709cdec2.html

“I would pay $400 or $500,” a woman says in a TV ad, holding a pair of $19.99 sneakers. Another shopper calls the Payless shoes “elegant and sophisticated.”...

...About 80 influencers attended over two nights, according to Payless. They shelled out a total of $3,000. One shopper spent $640 for a pair of boots, which represented an 1,800 percent markup. Payless, however, returned their money and let them keep the shoes. Payless said the influencers were paid a small stipend to attend.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Payless shoes were featured in New York Fashion Week, designed by Laura Poretzky, in 2006.  Ironically enough, that was one year before this show began filming these women living and dying over fashion week.  Luann and her ghostwriter and their ignorant snobbery can suck it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Payless shoes were featured in New York Fashion Week, designed by Laura Poretzky, in 2006.  Ironically enough, that was one year before this show began filming these women living and dying over fashion week.  Luann and her ghostwriter and their ignorant snobbery can suck it.

Someone who thinks that "even Louis Vuitton makes mistakes" would feel that Payless is beneath her status at this point in her life.  Luann should be more humble - I think she's had her fair share of being blasted for her snobbery, with good reason, yet, she continues with insensitive comments like this.

But, isn't this what we all started watching these shows for? We wanted to see what the "privileged life" of a wealthy housewife was.  With that privileged life also comes the snobbery and the insensitivity.  I just accept it as part of the package.  I don't necessarily like it, but realize that is part of who these women are.  Even Sonja, who probably doesn't have two real nickels to rub together, exhibits major snobbery in many insensitive ways.

We all know that there is nothing wrong with Payless.  Heck - even Christian Siriano did a shoe collection for the chain!  But to be honest, given the choice, I would rather wear a better quality shoe, if possible (and, I'm grateful that it is a possibility for me). 

So, while I think Luann should try to be more sensitive in what she says, I don't think she even thinks that a comment like that is insensitive and hasn't thought that way for a very long time.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 4
On 8/28/2020 at 1:26 PM, Juliegirlj said:

Sonja’s non existent storyline ( her silly clothing line and ramshackle townhouse don’t cut the mustard), and strange behavior make me wonder why they keep her on the show. I have to forward fast through her scenes because she is so pathetic. 

To me, Sonja and Ramona are a team, like Lucy & Ethel, Laverne & Shirley, Romy & Michelle.  They keep the show light with their craziness.

• Love 2

I still don't understand how Leah could make a living selling overpriced sweats with "MTTM" on them. If she was making clothing/athleisure that looked more like what she sported at the party (tie-dyed midi dress) I could understand.  She doesnt seem to even wear her own MTTM rags at any point. It's not like it's emblazoned with F For Fendi or G for Gucci. To be fair, I hate logo stuff no matter the designer. Leah's sister seems like a real piece of work too. Something about her doesn't sit well with me. Like she has a sinister look. 

Leah should be happy her mother is fine with her even to this day without having to shower her in compliments.  Some folks don't have loving parents at all. 

I didn't mind Elyse at all this season. She seems alright. Ramona doesn't like any competition around her. And I have no idea why Ramona assumed Leah's mom is a "simpleton." Nothing about Leah would lead me to believe she has simple parents.  That's not a compliment towards her- just saying. 

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 5
On 9/1/2020 at 7:05 PM, SweetieDarling said:

That sounds like an Ab Fab episode, Sweetie!  (Edina snob-tricked into paying 200 pounds for cheap shoes -  later unveiled by a celeb to the press as a fashion fool   - Lulu told them! - as Patsy humps the teenage Payless employee in the back. Wheels on fire...!

And bravo to Payless.  Love snob-shaming & label-outing.

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

E0E9CA59-21D4-4A98-9BBA-B62545498888.jpeg.06bbe389381f76ab4e46db1851e22669.jpeg

Above is the squares blanket my Mother made.  It’s upside down as I don’t even know how I did it.  I’ve only been trying for two days.

That’s a beautiful quilt.

I come from a long line of Beautifully crocheted and quilted afghans, throws and bedspreads. 

All were beautifully made, but none should have been repurposed and replicated into clothing that were worn outside the home. Dorinda’s was a big “no” for me.

The color combination on your afghan is beautiful and would work in an outfit with a nod to the granny square but not a direct granny square.

Referencing the granny square in an outfit versus just redoing it as an outfit feels lazy to me.

I really am showing my age since I knew immediately Dorinda was wearing granny squares and looked liked Roseanne’s house.

Please note that some of my favorite shoes I bought at Payless and I would never, even if I could, would spend $6,000 on pajamas. (I do have a bunch of stuff in my linen closet that i might be able to trade...).

few of the

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, film noire said:

That sounds like an Ab Fab episode, Sweetie!  (Edina snob-tricked into paying 200 pounds for cheap shoes -  later unveiled by a celeb to the press as a fashion fool   - Lulu told them! - as Patsy humps the teenage Payless employee in the back. Wheels on fire...!

And bravo to Payless.  Love snob-shaming & label-outing.

They'd be ill-fitting, and she'd be hobbling around trying to stay upright.

a0a1d949a2b41fd3884288b823cf936a.gif

Dorinda would make a great Edina: sobriety is questionable at all times, dresses in designer labels with bright vibrant patterns.

And Lu could be Patsy. Always being so cool, and not uncool, and looking fabulous while doing it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

That’s a beautiful quilt.

I come from a long line of Beautifully crocheted and quilted afghans, throws and bedspreads. 

All were beautifully made, but none should have been repurposed and replicated into clothing that were worn outside the home. Dorinda’s was a big “no” for me.

The color combination on your afghan is beautiful and would work in an outfit with a nod to the granny square but not a direct granny square.

Referencing the granny square in an outfit versus just redoing it as an outfit feels lazy to me.

I really am showing my age since I knew immediately Dorinda was wearing granny squares and looked liked Roseanne’s house.

Please note that some of my favorite shoes I bought at Payless and I would never, even if I could, would spend $6,000 on pajamas. (I do have a bunch of stuff in my linen closet that i might be able to trade...).

few of the

Thank you.  My Mother would have appreciated the compliment.  The roses were squashed down from being in the closet.

• Love 3
On 8/29/2020 at 5:19 PM, Sweet-tea said:

She also calls women the B-word. I don't get it. I wouldn't want a friend calling me that, even in jest. 

I just don’t know when women started to think that being a bitch was a good thing.  I can be that if I need to, but it isn’t something I aspire to be.  You can be powerful without being a bitch.

I wonder why Hannah doesn’t drink, interesting!?

Edited by Emmeline
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I just don’t know when women started to think that being a bitch was a good thing.  I can be that if I need to, but it isn’t something I aspire to be.  You can be powerful without being a bitch.

I wonder why Hannah doesn’t drink, interesting!?

And let's not forget that the noun bitch by definition is a female animal, like a dog, fox, etc.  Other than in animal husbandry circles, it is a word that is exactly never used as flattery.  

I'm just getting around to watching this full episode. 

I love my phone and I'm usually not to far from it but I hate having conversations on it in public.  Luann facetiming with Ro, ugh, so obnoxious.  

Hasn't Elyse (?) Been around since the first season with Ramona? Or am I thinking of another dark haired woman? Elyse did seem pathetic at Leah's party ,I'm so embarrassed for her😄.

Sonja cracks me up.. she sees young men and she's happy happy😃.

Luann's tragic childhood....payless 🥿👞👢👟😁.

Dorinda's daughter has a coat that matches Dorinda's pants 😄

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Hasn't Elyse (?) Been around since the first season with Ramona? Or am I thinking of another dark haired woman? Elyse did seem pathetic at Leah's party ,I'm so embarrassed for her😄.

Irrc, we have seen Elyse many times. Social functions and I remember at least one visit to the female dermatologist. The scene with Tom in season one, I believe she was there too.

• Love 1
On 8/30/2020 at 5:06 PM, retired watcher said:

I've never been on a race boat but I swear like a sailor. Have most of my adult life. Always know my audience. In 34 years I never swore in front of a student. Swore in front of my kids when they were high school and beyond.

With the way life has been going for the last decade or so, swearing is the only thing keeping me sane, lol.  

On 8/30/2020 at 6:59 PM, Stats Queen said:

I’m surprised at least one cat didn’t lay on the pants and take a nap 

Assuming facts not in evidence. 😏

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Irrc, we have seen Elyse many times. Social functions and I remember at least one visit to the female dermatologist. The scene with Tom in season one, I believe she was there too.

There is another woman with long dark that has shown up with Ramona since the beginning.  Can't think of her name, but she doesn't have bangs.

• Love 2