Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E20: No Party Like a Mob Party

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Elyse grabbed her arm, started yelling at her, insulting her, and called her a bitch. Elyse provided the scene. She's already made it clear she isn't interested in having a relationship so I am not sure what staying would have proved beyond being entertaining, I guess.

Like I said, I'm not sure how she's a coward for removing herself from that.

Uh, Ramona turned her back on her immediately and that’s why Elyse tried to grab her back. Elyse in no way should have put her hands on her, but Ramona shut her down before anything. Cowardly. 

• Love 8

Dorinda ranting and raving about how adult and mature it is to invite John to her birthday party can miss me.  He’s your ex, so you generally put that person in your past.  It’s not my affair if she wants to invite John, but it doesn’t make her better than someone who doesn’t associate with their ex and wants a clean break, and I felt like she was lecturing us on etiquette, which is rich.  

Can we imagine how much of a cow Dorinda would have if Tinsley was broken up with Scott and had him at a birthday dinner????

I can’t look at Dorinda in that dress and not think “boobs!”  

Ramona in the leather pants and the deep v neck top may not have been the best look ever, but I think it’s the best she’s looked all season, save maybe for the pink dress at her birthday.  And that is less of a compliment toward Ramona than it is a detraction from the way she’s dressed the rest of the season, which sucked.

I hate Luann calling Dorinda “D” the way I hate the way Sonja would call Bethenny “B” and calls Ramona “Singer.”  

Luann was so drunk in that scene where she was taking Dorinda to task for the standard Dorinda set in Mexico.  And Luann is also probably trying to make one last stand to be relevant because she has done nothing this season and her pocketbook couldn’t take the hit if she got demoted again.  It’s Dorinda’s birthday for fuck’s sake.  Who cares if she wants to break her own rules by closing apps at the birthday table?  Is that really the hill Luann wants to die on?  It beats the shit out of grabbing a man’s hand and telling him “my turn” when he’s out on a date with another woman, which is how she met Tom.  

John is gross.  He is doing way too much with his eyebrows.  I used to think he was ok, and then I rewatched the series again, and he was fucking creepy, always sweating and grabbing Dorinda and making her uncomfortable with PDA, not to mention when he came in hot to Dorinda’s bra party and started a fight with Bethenny, and shoving his hand in Ramona’s face at his dry-cleaning party. 

I’m calling it now—Luann is on the verge of another drunken incident.  She went from not drinking to being an apparent problem drinker on camera over the course of a few episodes.  I can imagine what she’s like off camera.  She was so inappropriate at Dorinda’s party, and Sonja and Dorinda were relatively well-behaved, not to mention Leah!  How many times is Luann going to break out the wobbly, deep happy birthday song and think It’s becoming or novel?  Dorinda was spot on in her talking head about how grating it was.  Luann’s been displeasing the audience with this since Jill’s birthday in season three!  What have we, as a collective audience, done to deserve this abuse for ten damn seasons?!?

Oh good, Luann is doing cabaret in the previews.  That should make for an exciting and unexpected series of events for the finale. 🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Ramona in the leather pants and the deep v neck top may not have been the best look ever, but I think it’s the best she’s looked all season, save maybe for the pink dress at her birthday.  And that is less of a compliment toward Ramona than it is a detraction from the way she’s dressed the rest of the season, which sucked.

Why does every coat she wears look like it's going to fall off her shoulders?  Seriously, every time, every coat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Luann was so drunk in that scene where she was taking Dorinda to task for the standard Dorinda set in Mexico.  And Luann is also probably trying to make one last stand to be relevant because she has done nothing this season and her pocketbook couldn’t take the hit if she got demoted again.  It’s Dorinda’s birthday for fuck’s sake.  Who cares if she wants to break her own rules by closing apps at the birthday table?  Is that really the hill Luann wants to die on?  It beats the shit out of grabbing a man’s hand and telling him “my turn” when he’s out on a date with another woman, which is how she met Tom.  

Not sure if those two things really deserve to be compared. Luann was rightly chiding Dorinda for the same thing D said they were all guilty of. D didn’t have to turn into a dragon over it. 

• Love 10

Oh man, Ramona was wearing the same outfit she wears in the credits where she’s awkwardly dancing. I wanted to see that. They did the same thing in Cartagena—cut the scene of them dancing with the locals. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ChitChat said:

I agree.  Ramona told LuAnn that she was done with the negative energy.  I'd like to know the backstory on her issue with Elyse though.  Even LuAnn nodded in agreement when they were talking about how she's not a "girl's girl."

Dear Leah, please stop with the "hello slut" and "hey bitch" to your sister.  Do a lot of women actually talk like this?  I know of no women who talk like this to each other.  If TPTB decide to remake this show around her, I'll definitely be done with it. 

Yeah, in the negative world we live in, and with all of the attention being paid to the empowerment of women, isn't it interesting predictable that Bravo chooses to feature this sort of verbal vomit?    Not attractive.

• Love 17

I spoke too soon a few episodes back when I thought that LuAnn was handling her seemingly under control drinking well.  Just like at Blue Stone Manor, apparently she gets a little testy when she drinks (arguing with Dorinda about the phone.)  Then she goes completely off the rails with her very long toast to Dorinda.  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, escape said:

No.  Ramona was right for not taking the bait.  Thirsty Elyse clearly had an agenda - to get Tinsley's apple - by using Ramona as a storyline.  But she was so boring that she couldn't even get an appearance at the Reunion.  Even Barb got that last season.

Hmm. I’m not really sure why Ramona is always getting passes for acting out. The other women clearly discuss it after the fact and see it as overreaction on her part. 

• Love 3
Just now, ChitChat said:

I spoke to soon a few episodes back when I thought that LuAnn was handling her seemingly under control drinking well.  Just like at Blue Stone Manor, apparently she gets a little testy when she drinks (arguing with Dorinda about the phone.)  Then she goes completely off the rails with her very long toast to Dorinda.  

And again, that to me looked calculated.  I didn't think she seemed drunk.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Dear Leah, please stop with the "hello slut" and "hey bitch" to your sister.  Do a lot of women actually talk like this?  I know of no women who talk like this to each other.  If TPTB decide to remake this show around her, I'll definitely be done with it. 

Sure they do, it’s not all “hey pretty lady” and “hi beauty!!” everywhere you go. It’s not that outrageous. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Not sure if those two things really deserve to be compared. Luann was rightly chiding Dorinda for the same thing D said they were all guilty of. D didn’t have to turn into a dragon over it. 

Right.  I get the internal logic of what Luann was trying to do—call Dorinda out on her hypocrisy for professing one thing about phone etiquette in Mexico and doing another at her birthday party.  

What I’m asserting is that—que Countess voice—one should know, time and place, darling, time and place.

Calling out someone’s slightly rude and hypocritical behavior at their own birthday party instead of saving it for a conversation the next day makes Luann a hypocrite, because she professes one thing (proper etiquette) and does another, namely, whatever will get her some traction on this loser season she’s having.  

• Love 13
1 minute ago, chewycandy said:

The other women clearly discuss it after the fact and see it as overreaction on her part. 

It probably was an overreaction, but the other ladies don't seem to know Elyse as well as she does.  As I said, I'd like to know what really happened between them so that I can figure out if Ramona has a leg to stand on with her "not a girl's girl" comment.  For Ramona, she actually handled it quite well!  She didn't yell, but instead walked away.  I agree that it was rude, but at least we didn't have to watch a big fight go down!

• Love 12
1 minute ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Right.  I get the internal logic of what Luann was trying to do—call Dorinda out on her hypocrisy for professing one thing about phone etiquette in Mexico and doing another at her birthday party.  

What I’m asserting is that—que Countess voice—one should know, time and place, darling, time and place.

Calling out someone’s slightly rude and hypocritical behavior at their own birthday party instead of saving it for a conversation the next day makes Luann a hypocrite, because she professes one thing (proper etiquette) and does another, namely, whatever will get her some traction on this loser season she’s having.  

I don’t think Lu is riding the etiquette stuff so hard anymore. It was a party, they’d had a few drinks, seems normal for her to rib her a little at the table. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Hmm. I’m not really sure why Ramona is always getting passes for acting out. The other women clearly discuss it after the fact and see it as overreaction on her part. 

Well, in this particular case, it's because she wasn't acting out. Elyse was. When Ramona does act out, which happens often, she has plenty of people rightly criticizing her.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

It probably was an overreaction, but the other ladies don't seem to know Elyse as well as she does.  As I said, I'd like to know what really happened between them so that I can figure out if Ramona has a leg to stand on with her "not a girl's girl" comment.  For Ramona, she actually handled it quite well!  She didn't yell, but instead walked away.  I agree that it was rude, but at least we didn't have to watch a big fight go down!

I agree on wanting to know what’s the deal between them. Elyse seems very pissed. 

Edited by chewycandy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Still watching, but when I saw the title to the show, I decided before I watched, I needed to look at Leah’s MTTM website....Um, I guess her clients are women who have out-grown Justice or Hollister size ranges, but still want to look like tweens trying to look like 18 year olds?  I don’t get it.  But I am an old 50 year old fart who shops at Marshall’s.  I don’t get a lot of the “fashion” worn on RHOBH either.  Though MTTM is more my vibe than just about anything Dorit has in her closet.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Well, in this particular case, it's because she wasn't acting out. Elyse was. When Ramona does act out, which happens often, she has plenty of people rightly criticizing her.

Literally running away from a party five minutes after you’ve arrived and having people calling you back...it is a bit much...lol

It made me feel a little bad after watching her get ready with Coco.

2 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Sorry, but I don't believe that most women walk around calling each other "slut" and "bitch."   We don't talk like that in my little corner of the world, nor do we call out "hey pretty lady" or "hi beauty."  We call each other by our names.  

It’s what you believe, but outside of your corner, some women DO do that, honestly. Is it really worth judging them over? And I was referring to BH with the pretty lady stuff. 

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Axie said:

John looks like he gained another 50 pounds.

I thought he looked heavier also, but especially in the face.  He sort of looks like someone who has to take steroids (like Prednisone).  It's known for the full/round face side-effect. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, escape said:
51 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

She looked like a coward for leaving. 

No.  Ramona was right for not taking the bait.  Thirsty Elyse clearly had an agenda - to get Tinsley's apple - by using Ramona as a storyline.  But she was so boring that she couldn't even get an appearance at the Reunion.  Even Barb got that last season.

I've done it myself.  There are two reasons.  One is that I can't be bothered with bullshit.  If someone has upset me enough and I no longer want them in my life, they are dead to me and I have no desire to talk it out or go along with the drama.  Two is that I discovered long ago that it really pisses off the other person, a lot, which amuses me.  We can only guess why Ramona decided to walk out, but it didn't seem strange to me in the least.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, ichbin said:

Two is that I discovered long ago that it really pisses off the other person, a lot, which amuses me.  We can only guess why Ramona decided to walk out, but it didn't seem strange to me in the least.

Oh, Ramona knows what she’s doing; she’s done it all season and admitted in her TH she does it for just that reason. I admire Lu for never doing that and facing the person, no matter what is being slung at her. 

• Love 1

So is the Afghan square look actually a pant suit?  Dorinda wears the pants and Hannah the jacket?

Dorinda acted more like she did in earlier seasons so now it’s weird watching tonight knowing she’s been fired. 

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I'd like to know the backstory on her issue with Elyse though.  Even LuAnn nodded in agreement when they were talking about how she's not a "girl's girl."

To me, Ramona is about as far from a "girl's girl" as one gets, so it makes sense that she would call someone else out for it. 🙄

Here's a couple of random items about them:  (didn't read them, don't know if they reveal anything)

elyse-slaine-calls-out-ramona-singer

elyse-slaine-explains-why-she-thinks

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Axie said:

So is the Afghan square look actually a pant suit?  Dorinda wears the pants and Hannah the jacket?

I was thinking the same thing...and imagining what they look like worn together.  Yikes!

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

Ramona lost me when she told Elyse flat out "I don't know you" as she tried to brush by.  Elyse may have been gunning for a confrontation, but I think it was that moment where she just lost it, and that's also when Elyse tried to grab her.  I do want to know what it is about not being a "girl's girl" that makes you a "bad person".  I also think it's really clear that Leah invited Elyse simply because Ramona told her not to.  Which is a bit unfair to Elyse, who's on the outs with Ramona (and Luann?), not close with Sonja or Dorinda, and doesn't know Leah's other guests.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, nexxie said:

After that speech Dorinda made about how long they’ve known each other and what good friends they are, it really is a bit shocking that she’s been canned.

It really is.  I'm sitting here watching this and Dorinda actually had a decent episode, knowing in real time she got the Bravo boot, but good.  She pissed off the wrong people.  Still, if feels a little weird. 

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

Speaking as a 50 year old woman, I cannot believe Dorinda is only 55 years old! I would have guessed at least 60. In fact, I laughed when she told Leah that their moms were similar bc I was thinking, "Um, you're probably pretty close in age, lady." Huh. There's just something hard about Dorinda that makes her seem like an old school broad. Maybe it's her voice.

Leah’s mom would be the age of Dorinda’s older sister but Dorinda put her in the category if her mother. So rude.  Her mother is exactly how they would all look without expensive hair colorists, dermatologists, high end dentists and plastic surgeons.  They seem to think  actual years have been erased off of them.  

Dorinda sounded like an old lady with her pajamas comment. She seems to forget that she grew up in the back woods of Massachusetts where 90% of Massachusetts residents have never been to and hardly know exist.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

What’s crazy about Hannah’s crochet Afghan jacket is that it’s nearly $2,000—on sale. And those pants Dorinda wore in Mexico are sold out.  WHO is buying these hideous garments (besides Medley and Co.)?? 

Lu’s warbling at Dorinda’s party? Oh my. She’s like a caricature of herself. The blogs and podcasts are gonna have fun with that. 

Can’t believe next week is the season finale. I feel...underwhelmed. It was a very lackluster season. Oh well, maybe next year’s (or the year after, depending on when they can film) reboot will breathe some new life into the series. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
34 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I was thinking the same thing...and imagining what they look like worn together.  Yikes!

With my Inspector Gadget magnifying glass, it appears the granny square (literally what that pattern is called) outfit could be from designer Ashish Gupta.  Pants - $1800 bucks, "sold out".  Not sure they are a recent creation.

ashish-pants

granny squares 2.jpg

granny squares 1.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

With my Inspector Gadget magnifying glass, it appears the granny square (literally what that pattern is called) outfit could be from designer Ashish Gupta.  Pants - $1800 bucks, "sold out".  Not sure they are a recent creation.

ashish-pants

Who knew!  It could have been worse than those pants with or without the jacket.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

How about that Sonja performance at Leah's party?  Those young guys must have been so thrilled to have the old party girl throwing herself at them. I truly cannot stand her and her shtick.

Are we in for one of her patronizing parties again next week?  

• Love 11

They were kind of being rude about Leahs mom. They kept saying it’s not what they expected aka they think she looks old.

Luanns speech and her singing made me laugh. She’s so ridiculous.

Elyse is desperate for an Apple.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

ok i give, who's sarah cooper

She’s a hoot that’s who she is.   A rising star even hosted Jimmy Kimmel the other night. I haven’t come to that part of the show where she’s shown or mentioned yet.  Google her she does so many bits of the guy in the WH. Hysterical I tell you. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Sorry, but I don't believe that most women walk around calling each other "slut" and "bitch."   We don't talk like that in my little corner of the world, nor do we call out "hey pretty lady" or "hi beauty."  We call each other by our names.  

I don't believe most women refer to their sisters or friends as slut and bitch maybe some but certainly not most. Never ever would I have said that to my sister. And I have never heard my 30 year old daughter or her friends speak this way. Leah tries so hard to be hip and tough, but to me she just comes across as crude.  

• Love 21

I didn't miss Leah trying to spark the confrontation between Elyse and Ramona. When Ramona was walking away from Elyse the first time, Leah pushed Elyse forward and baited her to "Go go go!" I think maybe Leah wanted to get back at Ramona so she could accuse Ramona of "ruining" the event or acting "declassé" like Ramona always accuses Leah of and was using Elyse as a tool to make it happen. So Ramona was right to peace out. 

God, who would have thought Ramona could be right about something. I guess even a stopped clock is right twice a day. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16

I would guess Leah’s ex either bought her apartment or pays the rent, mostly for their daughter. He’s pretty successful where Leah is one step above having an Etsy shop.  There’s no way she’s self supporting.

Based on his information,  he might have started MTTM as a spin off of his Alife brand and probably just gave it or sold it to Leah.   He probably helps keep it going during lean times too.  Hopefully the brand will do better with all this free publicity.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

Dorinda telling her sister on the phone since she broke up with John she's soooo much calmer. Don't you think I'm  much calmer? 

Sister: Oh, yes, you are.

Now it's John's fault she was (is) a screaming drunken lunatic? 

WTF?

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9