Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E20: No Party Like a Mob Party

• Start Topic

Leah hosts a party for the 15th anniversary of her brand, Married to the Mob. Luann meets with a ghostwriter for her new memoir and Dorinda celebrates her birthday out on the town with the ladies and John.

Airs August 27, 2020.

• Useful 1

I miss Sonja in the townhouse dressing in her old designer clothes.  The new apt and always dressing in her Ali Express duds is just sad.  If she wouldn’t have made that mess with the movie deal at the end of her marriage she would be much better off.

• Love 20

The up town snobs are sticking out at this party like sore thumbs. Well, maybe not Sonja who doesn’t care as long as men are there. 
I don’t care about Elise, she brings nothing to this show. I’m glad Ramona walked out, I’m tired of all the bullying and gang ups on these HW shows. 

• Love 22

It’s interesting that they never show Luann at home.  All of their apartments are cute, none are aspirational to me.  Ramona’s comes the closest.

Luann is such a stirrer that it’s nuts.  She tries to bait Ramona into talking about Elyse, so that she can report back to Elyse and cause drama and keep her apple whilst keeping her hands clean.  This has been her MO from the beginning, and it’s really not an attractive quality.  Luann has really never been her own person and it’s getting worse as she gets older.  I think she’s like the hidden lost soul on the show, whereas the four other women are overt lost souls, but some of them (Ramona) may have their shit together more than Luann does.

I love high/low fashion, so I wasn’t really feeling sympathy for Dorinda for being dressed up.  I thought it was so cool juxtaposed against the hip hop clothes.  “Karen from Human Resources”. Lol!

Dorinda is so far up Leah’s ass.  How many times is she going to mention that their moms are alike?  Does she think that makes Dorinda and Leah the same age?

Sonja was funny with the “hot guys” because they weren’t staff, so they could get away from her, and she laughed when the guy said she was like a grandmother to him.  True story.  

Wow, Elyse, just wow.  Trying to get an apple much?  Stupid bitch.  What is her name for her alcoholic alter ego?  Because that bitch came out tonight and it was gross.  She looked so old grabbing Ramona’s arm and trying to create fake drama at an otherwise chill event.  Looks like Leah maybe should have given a shit about inviting Elyse if she wanted Ramona to stay at the party, which apparently she did. 

Dorinda and “stockhouse disease” should stick to what she knows—schadenfreude.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

The up town snobs are sticking out at this party like sore thumbs. Well, maybe not Sonja who doesn’t care as long as men are there. 
I don’t care about Elise, she brings nothing to this show. I’m glad Ramona walked out, I’m tired of all the bullying and gang ups on these HW shows. 

me too! this is where any other hw would have thrown a fit

• Love 5

I mean, Ramona's obnoxious but I don’t blame her for getting out of there since Elyse was clearly aiming for a confrontation. 

On another note, Leah is just so obviously still in love with Rob. It's nice they can co-parent, though. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 11

Every time I hear Married to the Mob I think of that reality show or that movie with Ray Liotta. Same with Sonja’s Century 21, I think of real estate. Couldn’t they think of some original names for their clothing brands? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 17

I sort of enjoyed Elise in the early episodes, but yeah, coming to this party to stir up trouble with Ramona isn't cool, even if it is what production wanted her to do.  Ramona was not having it, again.  She always runs away from trouble, especially if she bears some responsibility for it.

1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

Couldn’t they think of some original names for their clothing brands? 

Maybe if they were original clothing brands.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

I’m not a big fan of Leah’s mom.  She seems like a know it all who raised two trashy daughters.  I wish she would cut her hair too, and the color sucks.  My mom would never take the mic at my event like that.  Leah’s mom loves the camera a little too much and I’m not sure it’s endearing.  

As soon as Leah said she is giving her sister fifteen percent of the company, I said “tax write-off” and then as soon as Leah exited the stage, she said her lawyer said it wasn’t binding and I thought, bingo!  How do you announce that and not intend to follow through?  Phony.  I enjoyed her dress at her party a lot though.  She looked better than all of the other women.  

Luann can stop being the interloper anytime now.  Elyse isn’t a member of the cast, so no one has to interact with her or discuss her.  I’ve been pretty ride or die for Luann in past seasons, and this season she was a real disappointment for me.  She’s just a shell of a person who seems like she’s acting.

I’m so tired of Luann using the passive voice regarding what she’s “been through.”  Luann, you committed assault and battery!  You put someone else through something, dumbass.

Luann is doing another book?  About her dad?  She never had shit to say about her dad!  Season five, Heather came on the show and asked Luann to tell her about her dad, Luann hemmed and hawed and then gave an interview that this wasn’t proper cocktail conversation.  Luann is so cheap and always running a game.  She makes Sawnya look demure in comparison.  I think Sonja is more fucked up than Luann, but I think she’s smarter and, if sober, would be ten times the conversationalist as Luann.  Luann is still that country bumpkin with nine people sharing a bathroom and trying to claw her way out as soon as one scratches the surface.  Also, holding a big elegant hand to her chest doesn’t negate the fact that Luann says “you know” about twice a sentence because she has nothing of substance to say.  

I guess I kept thinking Luann was going to put something cool out of her hat at some point in this season and she didn’t.  She was completely unoriginal this season—couldn’t even be bothered with a Sophia Vergara wig—and I think this franchise should move on without her.  

• Love 11
1 minute ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Staying to be berated by Elyse and drawing attention away from Leah at her party doesn't seem like some great act of courage to me but YMMV.

That’s not what it would have meant; why does she need to run at the first sign of confrontation? Just deal with the issue in a way that doesn’t create a scene. 

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I actually like Dorinda’s pink Christmas tree and pink is not really my favorite color. 

One of my neighbors had a pink and silver Christmas tree in their front window last year and it sounds so tacky but somehow it was lovely.  

• Love 8

Dorinda’s daughter is wearing a sparkly version of the afghans my grandma used to make!  The creator must have used mismatched scraps of yarn, just like Grandma did!  

Whoa, holy cleavage, Dorinda.  Looks like the fake one she wore for Sonja’s party.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Axie said:

Now Dorinda was funny when talking about Luann and her damn off key singing.  

John looks like he gained another 50 pounds.

I actually laughed out loud at Dorinda’s commentary too. And Ramona’s snarky remarks. And whoever said that Lu always finds a mic. Also loved the bored looks, and people eating and drink during Lu’s long winded speech. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 18