Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E20: No Party Like a Mob Party

• Start Topic

Dorinda, how long have you lived in NYC that you say “Hip-HOP”? You sound like you just happened to click on Yo! MTV Raps for the first time.

Im always off and on with LuAnn. This season I’ve found her completely annoying (the whole “I’ve had her phone number... but it wasn’t 212” thing... Peak Countess right there), but I did chuckle at her response to Ramona’s list of criticisms of Elyse. “There you go! That’s a list.” I think I might have responded the same way 🤣

Also considering the chat here tonight, got a laugh out of Ramona saying she could be a stylist. 

And speaking of Moaner, I did get a kick out of her interaction with Leah’s mom. Peak Ramona and probably the most natural she’s been all season. 🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Dorinda telling her sister on the phone since she broke up with John she's soooo much calmer. Don't you think I'm  much calmer? 

Sister: Oh, yes, you are.

Now it's John's fault she was (is) a screaming drunken lunatic? 

WTF?

What a bunch of bs this episode was.  Dorinda knew she was toast by the look on her face all night. Getting all her digs in to everyone.  Where were all her mysterious friends all these seasons?  Didn’t see one.  Werent they partying south of Canal Street?  Didn’t Dorinda and Luann say the air was different down there when they went to the Russian Bath?  These upper East Side Housewives all of a sudden like downtown, especially Sonja who was all over everyone?  Out with the OLD, and in with the NEW.  Ramona split.  Hilarious.  Hi Tinsley!  You were a class act. Everything worked out in the end.  Lots of luck John.  You’ve got your love back.  Can’t wait for the reunion.  Heard they were all there.

• Love 8

Luanne's admission that she came from moderate means really made me wonder where her snobbery and self entitled attitude came from.  She poured on the act when she was still the countess and there is still residue present.  I don't believe for one second the book is anything more than a project for money, which is okay, but she presents it like a path of self discovery and reflection.   She is a very self involved woman, similar in many ways to Ramona but with a lot more capacity for empathy and sympathy for others.  At the same time, she will always put herself first and she has distorted self image.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

On the rewatch, I see that when Dorinda called Luann about the birthday party, she told her "bring your happy birthday voice!"

So, yeah, something else Dorinda should be fired for.

Yes and then she complained about the singing but she suggested it to Luanne!

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
31 minutes ago, ChitChat said:
3 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

Yes and then she complained about the singing but she suggested it to Luanne!

Dorinda always had to haves little dig for everyone and thought it was funny, but it’s not.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, ichbin said:

Why does every coat she wears look like it's going to fall off her shoulders?  Seriously, every time, every coat.

Because, the first thing she wants a person to see is her big boobs and how gorgeous she thinks they are, especially a guy.

• Love 9

While watching the show last night I didn’t know that Dorinda had been canned. When she had that talking head mocking Lu about breaking out the sultry “happy birthday” I was cracking up and said to my son “this is the fun Dorinda I enjoy and miss.”  Then I felt sad that she was fired, because  I’ll miss those snippets of entertainment. I think the main problem is that she truly doesn’t see that she has been horrid and is in the wrong. I don’t want anymore rage-a-holic Dorinda, so I’m willing to sacrifice funny Dorinda on her behalf.

Edited by NYCFree
  • Love 12

I was pretty bored with this episode.  And the confrontation between Ramona and Elyse meant nothing because we have no idea what it was about (or at least I didn’t).

In these times of masks and social distancing it’s kinda weird seeing people all crammed together in a small place and hugging strangers. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I was pretty bored with this episode.  And the confrontation between Ramona and Elyse meant nothing because we have no idea what it was about (or at least I didn’t).

In these times of masks and social distancing it’s kinda weird seeing people all crammed together in a small place and hugging strangers. 

What was weirder was seeing the DJ at Leah's party wearing a mask more as a fashion statement (I'm assuming).  When I saw that, I was thinking "When was this filmed and why is everyone crammed into a bar, but only the DJ is wearing a mask?"

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
15 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Talking to the ghostwriter you can really see how much Luann loves talking about herself.

I mean, this can't be considered fair.  It's a ghostwriter for a book about HERSELF, WTF else is she supposed to talk about?

• Love 16

Poor Ramoner, next year for her birthday party she will only be able to invite 60 59 of her best girlfriends now that she gave Elyse the boot.

Of course Dorinda is going to keep John in her life so she can still get her dry cleaning free.  The only time I enjoy Dorinda is in her talking heads - 

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Lassus said:

I mean, this can't be considered fair.  It's a ghostwriter for a book about HERSELF, WTF else is she supposed to talk about?

You quoted me, but I didn’t say that. The poster above my comment did. 

• Love 1

I woke up in the middle of the night and watched this so I likely have words wrong but Dorinda said in a TH something along the lines of “Its my party and I’ll phone if I want to” and I laughed out loud. 

You will be missed (by me) Dorinda. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I felt bad for Big John at Dorinda’s party. It’s clear he still wants to be with her, and his face looked so sad after he toasted Dorinda. He had to walk away from the table to regain composure. 

Sonja’s non existent storyline ( her silly clothing line and ramshackle townhouse don’t cut the mustard), and strange behavior make me wonder why they keep her on the show. I have to forward fast through her scenes because she is so pathetic. 

Luann is still a drunk narcissist. 😖

• Love 12
16 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Finally LuAnn is writing a book that might sell.  She has been great this year and I’m glad she’s changed.  I never knew that her dad had these issues.  

Well "writing" might be an understatement.  LuAnn had photo albums and her favorite topic (herself) but the woman she was meeting with was the writer.   Kind of like how "her music" can be considered singing.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Hmmm. It was so hard to tell that last night's episode was edited post-George Floyd and companies going out of their way to make diversity statements. This show has been lily-white since day one and now, all of a sudden, at one party and in one episode, we're getting shots of every black person in the room and Sonja fawning all over them???

I know Sonja has fawned all over men regardless of color prior to the heightened racial awareness that has thankfully finally occurred this year, but the editing was a little too on the nose to be just a happy co-inky-dink .  . .  It seemed more like pandering and "look at us, we're so diverse" by Bravo than an authentic attempt to introduce more diversity.

Loved the pants, hated the jacket. 

I have a couple of very good friends who, when we're joking around, if someone says something the other disagrees with or if we're having a silly debate about something, one of us will say, "whore" (or something similar).  The immediate response? "Bitch" (or something similar.)  And then we laugh and go on.

It is actually really common and certainly among my friends, none of us think any less of each other -- we think it is funny, and, as we're the ones calling names and being name-called, we're the only ones to whom it should matter. 

Its a sign of a really close friendship/sister relationship.

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

feel like this is a metaphor for Sonja in general: a funny, charming beginning that quickly becomes stale and creepy because of the desperate and repetitive attention-seeking. 

Yes, yes, yes. I really can’t stand to watch it anymore when she gets like this.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mar said:

Maybe I am too old for the direction the show is going. One minute into viewing and Leah greets her sister by calling her a slut.

Wait until Leah brings all her friends on.  Mob City.  They probably all talk like her.  I like Leah as she’s really not a troublemaker between the girls, but when she drinks .. psycho!

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Finally LuAnn is writing a book that might sell.  She has been great this year and I’m glad she’s changed.  I never knew that her dad had these issues.  

It also explains her alcohol problem...there's obviously a genetic component at play.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Luanns singing reminded me that I read the other day about her being on a podcast, and she said she would love to sing with Lady Gaga or Madonna. She is truly truly delusional. Quite Astonishing actually

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

You know, all the time that Dorinda was attacking Tinsley for not being honest and forthcoming about her ever-changing relationship status with Scott, and not believing for a second, that they could maintain a platonic relationship; We really don't know what went down between her and John...Oh, and look, here he is at her birthday party, because they're still close friends....Double standard? Hypocrite? She seems to get extremely irritated at others exhibiting the same bad behavior as her own (calling Ramona judgemental, phones at the table,..).

YES! To everything you said! John seems like a passive guy that really needs to grow a pair and tell Dorinda to shove it. You know if she made overtures to start the relationship up again he would do it in a heartbeat despite the emotional abuse and alcohol fueled aggressive and beligerent behavior on her part. He's a doormat...and she knows it. Her obsession with bringing Tinsley down was over the top and borderline sociopathic.

7 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Someone owes the Connors a new afghan.

IMG_4582-1024x670.jpg

Dorinda's daughter was wearing a coat that matched Dorinda's pants from last week...both were hideous.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

Hmmm. It was so hard to tell that last night's episode was edited post-George Floyd and companies going out of their way to make diversity statements. This show has been lily-white since day one and now, all of a sudden, at one party and in one episode, we're getting shots of every black person in the room and Sonja fawning all over them???

I know Sonja has fawned all over men regardless of color prior to the heightened racial awareness that has thankfully finally occurred this year, but the editing was a little too on the nose to be just a happy co-inky-dink .  . .  It seemed more like pandering and "look at us, we're so diverse" by Bravo than an authentic attempt to introduce more diversity.

Loved the pants, hated the jacket. 

I have a couple of very good friends who, when we're joking around, if someone says something the other disagrees with or if we're having a silly debate about something, one of us will say, "whore" (or something similar).  The immediate response? "Bitch" (or something similar.)  And then we laugh and go on.

It is actually really common and certainly among my friends, none of us think any less of each other -- we think it is funny, and, as we're the ones calling names and being name-called, we're the only ones to whom it should matter. 

I don't think it was edited. That's the sort of crowd Leah hangs with and who work in similar and/or related industries. Of course, our dear Sonja is the only one who actually appreciated the different environment and didn't care what people were wearing like Dorinda was. 

Luann needs to back away from the vodka. I thought her reaction to Dorinda taking a few moments  Sonja with the phone was way over the top. It's not like she was having a chat with someone who wasn't there, and Luann got so angry! And then the long toast and dreadful singing. Not a good look at all. And why does she keep calling her D now?

Still not a Leah fan.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I have never, ever, in my 60 years on this marble, met a single person let alone several in a group that were so entirely self-obsessed about their own birthdays.  Very unappealing to me.

I agree but you have never met my aunt.   She's early sixties but has been throwing herself over the top birthday parties since she was 35.   Now, it's 'birthday months' with several smaller gatherings except for the big ones (for her 60th we all (about 50-70 people)  had to go out of town to watch her walk a half-marathon before a big party in a restaurant after.   I am the opposite.   When she moved to the East Coast I missed her terribly but was happy I didn't have to show up for The Birthday Party for a couple years, lol. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I have never, ever, in my 60 years on this marble, met a single person let alone several in a group that were so entirely self-obsessed about their own birthdays.  Very unappealing to me.

I agree, but I kind of get why they do that. A birthday celebration is a good excuse for a big “group scene” so I can kind of see why cast members make a big deal of it while filming. Although I’m fairly certain Ramona needs NO cameras present to celebrate herself! 

Also: the type of person who is willing to put her life on camera is also a type of person who has no problem hyping up her birthday! 

• Love 9

I'm just in the middle of the episode.

So far I AM LOVING:

- Ramona's apartment view.
- Luann's outfit at the mob party.  Her whole attitude, and vibe.
- Sonja hitting on the twenty somethings.  I'm absolutely not kidding.  LOL.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SailorGirl said:

as we're the ones calling names and being name-called, we're the only ones to whom it should matter. 

I agree. It’s a sign of intimacy, not trashiness. 

47 minutes ago, politichick said:

I don't think it was edited. That's the sort of crowd Leah hangs with and who work in similar and/or related industries. Of course, our dear Sonja is the only one who actually appreciated the different environment and didn't care what people were wearing like Dorinda was. 

Luann needs to back away from the vodka. I thought her reaction to Dorinda taking a few moments  Sonja with the phone was way over the top. It's not like she was having a chat with someone who wasn't there, and Luann got so angry! 

I thought Sonja was endearing in that moment. “I’m not going to bite you,” “I’m Leah’s friend,” “HOT GUYS!” And sitting with them all while calling herself grandma. I can’t not love Sonja. 

Honestly, I felt Luann was entitled to get angry after getting nowhere with Dorinda in Mexico. If she hadn’t been drinking she might not have come off as so angry though. Rein it in girl, you don’t want another arrest under your belt. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KnoxForPres said:

I woke up in the middle of the night and watched this so I likely have words wrong but Dorinda said in a TH something along the lines of “Its my party and I’ll phone if I want to” and I laughed out loud. 

You will be missed (by me) Dorinda. 

If only she didn’t get so bitchy and nasty. And it’s immediate, there’s no slow burn with Dorinda. She’s at you right away, spitting, fingers in your face, sarcasm dripping from every word. I’m assuming this is why she’s not returning? I wouldn’t want to be on the other end of that.
OTOH she can be amusing and fun. And she’s quick with the wit. Maybe Valium would help? Vodka definitely doesn’t help.

None of the others are particularly interesting, except maybe their narcissistic ways can be funny. Sonja is the least interesting.  I think she’d be well placed in the Beverly Hills franchise. None of those ladies eat, some Tupperware in her purse and she’d clean up after every meal.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Did John get his eyes done and/or just some brow wizardry? He looked surprised! Perpetually!

Luann was so drunk sloppy and gross during the toast. It is not cute. 

Gosh it is hard to watch in that packed restaurant no masks, droplets, yelling singing, hugging. The old days. Hits me each time I see it. 

Ramona's shoe closet is so cramped and small compared to her roomy apt. That bitch that can't say her R's because of her huge lips just about manhandled Ramona's arm! Bad!  (Elyse!)

Sonja's dress clashing with Hannah's plastic gimp woven macrame afghan cardigan and Leah's persimmon suit. Ouch. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

It’s interesting that they never show Luann at home.  All of their apartments are cute, none are aspirational to me.  Ramona’s comes the closest.

Luann is such a stirrer that it’s nuts.  She tries to bait Ramona into talking about Elyse, so that she can report back to Elyse and cause drama and keep her apple whilst keeping her hands clean.  This has been her MO from the beginning, and it’s really not an attractive quality.  Luann has really never been her own person and it’s getting worse as she gets older.  I think she’s like the hidden lost soul on the show, whereas the four other women are overt lost souls, but some of them (Ramona) may have their shit together more than Luann does.

Wondering if she no longer has a pied-à-terre in the city.  

I also dislike the duplicity Luann demonstrates on a regular basis on this show. She and Sonja for that matter. Users. 

I'm getting the feel that Leah is looking to spin this gig into Keeping up with the McSweeneys.  No thanks.  Not interested in seeing any more of her, let alone her family. 

• Love 12

Dorinda's obsession with Ramona's friends is so pathetic.  Why would you center your own birthday party around trying to make fun of someone else's?

Dor was so manic all episode, forcing everyone who spoke to her to say "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Almost Birthday".  And then at her actual dinner, starting the applause all by herself.  Omg, she is so far up her own ass.

18 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Talking to the ghostwriter you can really see how much Luann loves talking about herself.

Honestly, it's more rare that I meet people do DON'T love talking about themselves.  I don't mind that aspect of Luann.  If a lot of us are learning about her father for the first time now, she keeps a lot of stuff hidden.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Speaking as a 50 year old woman, I cannot believe Dorinda is only 55 years old! I would have guessed at least 60. In fact, I laughed when she told Leah that their moms were similar bc I was thinking, "Um, you're probably pretty close in age, lady." Huh. There's just something hard about Dorinda that makes her seem like an old school broad. Maybe it's her voice.

Maybe it's because when she goes anywhere downtown she looks like she's going to die because she's so scared of the normals.  She's so pathetic, being scared of the venue for Leah's party but insisting that she's the REAL gangster.  Omg, shut up!

17 hours ago, ichbin said:

Why does every coat she wears look like it's going to fall off her shoulders?  Seriously, every time, every coat.

I always assumed some women do that on purpose, to affect that "I'm just about to roll around in bed (with you)" kind of look

• Love 3
5 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

You know, all the time that Dorinda was attacking Tinsley for not being honest and forthcoming about her ever-changing relationship status with Scott, and not believing for a second, that they could maintain a platonic relationship; We really don't know what went down between her and John...Oh, and look, here he is at her birthday party, because they're still close friends....Double standard? Hypocrite? She seems to get extremely irritated at others exhibiting the same bad behavior as her own (calling Ramona judgemental, phones at the table,..).

Exactly.  and then criticizing Luann for being "on her" or "watching her too much" and then Dorinda gives a speech at her birthday the whole time mocking Ramona passive aggressively.  Like everyone at MY party, I actually LOVE, but when RAMONA throws a party, they're all relative strangers.  Dorinda does a lot of projecting.

2 hours ago, Mar said:

Ramona: I’m not engaging in bullshit anymore, I’m just not.

In that case Ramona, I’m afraid your days as a housewife might be numbered.

Elyse isn't even a part of the cast.  If Ramona doesn't want to engage with her, why should she have to?

• Love 8
18 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Luann is so cheap and always running a game.  

Sounds like Luann's Dad was running a game too. How'd that work out? Not well, bitch!

18 hours ago, TexasGal said:

OMG Hannah wearing the sequined granny square jacket to go with last week’s pants!

So ugly, they have to have a financial cut in w/the designer. Two weeks in a row!

17 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Elyse grabbed her arm, started yelling at her, insulting her, and called her a bitch. Elyse provided the scene. She's already made it clear she isn't interested in having a relationship so I am not sure what staying would have proved beyond being entertaining, I guess.

Like I said, I'm not sure how she's a coward for removing herself from that.

Yeah, I think she handled that well no pun intended. Ramona ran an RHONY HW OG clinic on how to not film with someone who puts their hands on you. Good job Ramona. Elyse, Byeeee.

11 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Dor was so manic all episode, forcing everyone who spoke to her to say "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Almost Birthday".  And then at her actual dinner, starting the applause all by herself.  Omg, she is so far up her own ass.

She said it herself. At that restaurant all the tables turn into one table til you're drinking w/the Chef at 2am. Dorinda needs support to be the functioning alcoholic that she is. Surrounds herself w/the atmosphere. Sad. Or as she said w/a buzz putting her makeup on " Sod " instead of sad. She was buzzed then. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:
3 hours ago, Mar said:

Ramona: I’m not engaging in bullshit anymore, I’m just not.

In that case Ramona, I’m afraid your days as a housewife might be numbered.

Elyse isn't even a part of the cast.  If Ramona doesn't want to engage with her, why should she have to?

Oh, she shouldn’t. I thought it was great that she walked out. I meant my original post as a joke. I should’ve put a laughing emoji after it

• Love 7

Like all narcissists, Dorinda loved being the center of attention at her birthday party. She was absolutely reveling in Lu's "Happy birthday" singalong because yeah, sure, it was Lu being Cabaret Lu but it meant that everyone was paying attention to her.  I suspect now that she's been fired, Dorinda will find other ways to keep the spotlight on her. 

To be fair to both Lu and Ramona re Bunny, I do think it is interesting that someone who is seemingly pretty crunchy granola as she is ended up raising Leah, a fashion person. I think Leah is projecting kind of a shallow persona but I'm guessing there IS more depth to her - but unfortunately, being both on the show and trying to maintain this "wild child" persona is keeping that part of her buried. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Did John get his eyes done and/or just some brow wizardry? He looked surprised! Perpetually!

Luann was so drunk sloppy and gross during the toast. It is not cute. 

Gosh it is hard to watch in that packed restaurant no masks, droplets, yelling singing, hugging. The old days. Hits me each time I see it. 

Ramona's shoe closet is so cramped and small compared to her roomy apt. That bitch that can't say her R's because of her huge lips just about manhandled Ramona's arm! Bad!  (Elyse!)

Sonja's dress clashing with Hannah's plastic gimp woven macrame afghan cardigan and Leah's persimmon suit. Ouch. 

😂🤣🤣😂

• LOL 1