Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Sticks And Stones

• Start Topic

Armando's first attempt at PDA ends badly; Ari questions living in Ethiopia after her mum leaves; Deavan attempts to improve her relationship with Jihoon's mom; Tim has a troubling job interview; Brittany and Yazan clash over her social media.

Airs August 24, 2020.

3 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I think that Ariella is having second thoughts, because this isn’t the Bini she fell in love with.  The guy she fell in love with was muscular and had dreadlocks.  

Like this guy?  

6673A46E-2BD9-412C-A5FA-05C9781CA362.jpeg

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Adeejay said:

When Armando told Kenny where they were going for dinner, Kenny said, “as long as it’s clean.” So, I am having a hard time believing that such a germaphobe would utilize the restroom at a roadside dive.  I believe it was scripted for the drama.

I think that Ariella is having second thoughts, because this isn’t the Bini she fell in love with.  The guy she fell in love with was muscular and had dreadlocks.  This is not that guy.  Hence the, “I don’t want to be alone with you.  I am not comfortable.”  

I think this girl has real peculiar issues.

I also felt like the whole bathroom thing was scripted.

• Love 7

Who would even hire cheesestick he is stupid beyond words......he packs up and moves to another country and doesn’t think to look into the requirements for working or staying?  I guess he’s another entitled asshole, I hope his gf boots his entitled ass out the door and keeps the cat because he is too stupid to have that responsibility 🤯

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, endure said:

Who would even hire cheesestick he is stupid beyond words......he packs up and moves to another country and doesn’t think to look into the requirements for working or staying?  I guess he’s another entitled asshole, I hope his gf boots his entitled ass out the door and keeps the cat because he is too stupid to have that responsibility 🤯

During the Cheating Cheesestick's last meeting with his therapist, they discuss his decision to continue working for his current employer remotely after he moves to Colombia. Specifically  his therapist expressed concern that Melyza might take it as an indication Tim isn't really all in, so is keeping open the option of an easy return to the U.S.  Now, however  we're told the most important thing to makie the move and relationship work is for the Cheating  Cheesestick to find a job asap in Colombia...   So what exactly happened in the intervening few weeks?  Did Tim's employer suddenly rescind the offer  previously made to continue working with them remotely?  Did somebody realize that Tim's infidelity is old news that's been beaten to fucking death, and the only other drama anyone could come up with was a job search?  Or hell, maybe they actually bored themselves as much as they have the rest of us and just kind of lost track of what their storyline's supposed to be...

2 hours ago, endure said:

Does Brittany ever wipe that grin off her face?

Only when,  grin notwithstanding, she nonetheless fails to get her way and pitches one of her whining, screeching, God-awful fits.

In other news, the family Deaven delivered another reliable performance this week, showcasing Drascilla, whose defiant, wild behavior  again offered a stern warning  to parents everywhere of the consequence of raising children with no boundaries/discipline whatsoever. Meanwhile  Elicia brought us another heaping helping of stupid, leaving abrasive, angry, and rude outbursts in her wake, while the insufferable idiot Deaven continued her commitment to spread misery and despair all over Korea.

Ari.... take your life in 7 suitcases and just go back home to mommy and daddy. 

Kenny, try a slightly softer approach to ntegrating into Armando's life/Mexican culture, perhaps? Overall, however, their mutual kindness and respect is tbe one bright spot this season, and I wish a happy future for their new family. Preferably, a happy future that is as sanitized and germ- free as possible  ( ;

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, MoonMountain said:

My biggest takeaway of this episode is....who goes to a taco stand and only orders one taco???!?

It's like when people on tv order one large pizza for 6 adults. 🤔

• Useful 3
  • LOL 16
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, MoonMountain said:

My biggest takeaway of this episode is....who goes to a taco stand and only orders one taco???!?

Right? I thought maybe there were big like burritos but not. You order like 3-4. And guacamole is a must.  Kenny is just wrong.

I feel that Kenny would have an issue with any country outside of the US. Canada or even some European countries that standards are high like England. 

• Love 7

Kenny needs to understand that life is messy, life has germs and there's no way you can escape them all.  Deal with that.

Ari needs to understand that she and Bini are going to be parents.  Bini has sisters, make friends with them.  Ari's experience will have a lot to do with her attitude.

Brittany needs to understand that she is STILL MARRIED, so stop complaining about Yazan and his family.

Tim needs to understand that no matter what he does Melyza will never forgive him.  People have deal breakers and he broke the deal with Melyza.

Deavan's mom needs to GO, I can't stand her.  

• Love 23

This entire season could have been wrapped up in 4 episodes, max, if they didn't drag out & repeat every single storyline to the point that I wondered if I already saw this week's episode while I was 10 minutes into it (I don't watch the early previews or whatever on-demand or the app).  

We keep hearing Jenny's voiceover about "next time, on 90DF..." but have seen them, what, three? four? times this season?  Their storyline for SURE could be wrapped up in one episode.  

I think the producers knew they had nothing to work with and are just repeating past seasons' drama (Hi Angela) for new viewers.  

• Love 12

OMG yes..

--Ari definitely fell in love his Binyim's look.  She even said he looked like a totally different person when she got off the plane and then her anxiety attack hit.  I can't believe she would be this superficial because she seems to keep going back to this...you don't know me and I don't know you.  Face it.  You fell in love with the hot, exotic muscular guy and not his mind.  AND PLEASE stop calling him Baby!   Seriously! He's not being put in a corner and he isn't an infant!)  I agree with those of you who said she is going back home. 

--Deavan smiled.  For real.  More than once.  Who knew!? The 100 day celebration was sweet and he is so stinking cute! 

--It kills me how Brittany and Yazan do like 180's all the time.    Happy, Livid, Happy, Livid.  Does anyone else think she won't return to Jordan?

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
40 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

This entire season could have been wrapped up in 4 episodes, max, if they didn't drag out & repeat every single storyline to the point that I wondered if I already saw this week's episode while I was 10 minutes into it (I don't watch the early previews or whatever on-demand or the app).  

We keep hearing Jenny's voiceover about "next time, on 90DF..." but have seen them, what, three? four? times this season?  Their storyline for SURE could be wrapped up in one episode.  

I think the producers knew they had nothing to work with and are just repeating past seasons' drama (Hi Angela) for new viewers.  

Might also explain the "dramatic mid season finale" bullshit, too.  

Since when do any of these franchises have a fucking "mid season finale"?  

If they cut Colt and his thirsty friends off of HEA, that could be an hour-long show as well.  It's 2 hours now and at least an hour of that is devoted to the fake story lines of Colt and Larissa.    

Ugh, fucking TLC.

31 minutes ago, suzywallis said:

OMG yes..

--Ari definitely fell in love his Binyim's look.  She even said he looked like a totally different person when she got off the plane and then her anxiety attack hit.  I can't believe she would be this superficial because she seems to keep going back to this...you don't know me and I don't know you.  Face it.  You fell in love lust with the hot, exotic muscular guy and not his mind.  AND PLEASE stop calling him Baby!   Seriously! He's not being put in a corner and he isn't an infant!)  I agree with those of you who said she is going back home. 

--Deavan smiled.  For real.  More than once.  Who knew!? The 100 day celebration was sweet and he is so stinking cute! 

--It kills me how Brittany and Yazan do like 180's all the time.    Happy, Livid, Happy, Livid.  Does anyone else think she won't return to Jordan?

FTFY.  

• Love 6

Just like his mother-in-law's behavior, Jihoon's translator is trash. I'm love the shade Jihoon's mother threw at Deavan "I don't expect much." Jihoon's grandmother had American currency on hand for Deavan. 

Reality is slapping Ari in the face. She got pregnant by a "hot" stranger, moved all the way to Ethiopia and now realizes her mistakes.  

Yazan's family members are messy. Why stalk Brittany's Instagram just to start confusion.

The Americans on this show confuse me. How do you move to another country without doing proper research. It makes no damn sense. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

Unpopular opinion, but Armando and Kenny grate on my last nerve. Their angsty responses to every situation give me major eyerolls. 

Same

• Love 18
6 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

I enjoyed the 100 day party for little cutie. Everyone was pinching his plump cheeks. He’s such a good baby. Deaven  even managed to crack a smile 😃 

Doleful, joyless slag Deavan. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, upon seeing the adorable little chubby cheeked Taeyang, goes all mooshy and cannot resist a huge smile. Except his mother. Any other mother would be playing with him, interacting with him, and enjoying the bejesus out of such a delightful baby.  She seems to ignore him most of the time, and derive no joy from him. Sad. Glad he has his doting grandparents, anyway.

7 hours ago, endure said:

I was waiting for Cheesestick to tell the lady at the employment office that he cheated on Melyza. 

This is just another tired old plot line that the brain trust at Sharp dusted off for us. Jenny visited an employment agency in India, remember? With no resume, no work permit. And she walked into a place where English wasn't spoken, supposedly, and proceeded to speak English slowly and loudly. (Which I don't buy for one second. English is the most spoken language in India). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, suzywallis said:

I'd prefer to be an ocean away before dropping the truth about that non-existent "divorce".  If she had the slightest intention of becoming a proper Muslim wife her social media would have been wiped clean, not that anyone ever thought that would happen.  Yazan's going off about the alcohol and the hug when she arrived will be eclipsed by the rage of finding out she never bothered to divorce her husband!

1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

Unpopular opinion, but Armando and Kenny grate on my last nerve. Their angsty responses to every situation give me major eyerolls. 

I'm getting really sick of Kenny and his over-the-top reactions to stupid little things.  

Edited by ThereButFor
  • Love 20

I thought Deaven seemed fine last night.  She tried, was cordial, posed for pictures, didn't witch to his family and seemed willing to give it another chance.  I mean when you wonder why she  seems so low, THINK about it.  Jihoon is her man.  That's a lot to deal with it.  lol  Most people use food processors, so, she shouldn't feel bad about the chopping.  Chopping and peeling food by hand is one thing that I learned growing up that I am really good at. For all it's worth.  lol  I could have impressed Jihoon's mother though.  I'll put my slicing and dicing up against anyone. lol

Okay.  I thought that Brittney was being totally sarcastic with her comment of Yazan being a virgin.  She said it tongue in cheek.  Like, RIGHT, his parents believe that, so it is so.  I don't think she was serious about that.  

Nit picking about dirty restrooms is so silly.  It's obviously producer driven.  Just stop it TLC. It's ridiculous and obvious.  And, then about the getting angry with a homophobic slur in public......it's like they are trying to make Armondo feel bad that he's not proactive.  They are missing the point that living vs. dying is a practical matter.  I don't care for their approach on this.  Getting shot at a taco stand isn't an admirable thing to do.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

I so wanted to like and root for them, but now Kenneth especially is coming across as a stereotype prissy gay. 

7 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Yazan is still a virgin?

the second time I watched I noticed Brittany said something like "Yazan's family would kill him if they thought we had sex, so, yeah, he's a virgin" but she sure wasn't convincing and possibly just saying that for publication.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

The birthday party was another example of why Deavan should just wear her hair up all the time.  She looks pretty compared to the Goth mop where she looks like one of the Duggers who rebelled and moved to Vegas to become a stripper.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4

I thought that Deaven looked beautiful (as did Druscilla) in the traditional clothing.  I do wish that people would understand that just because one dresses modestly doesn't mean they won't look beautiful.  Jihoon's family seemed very nice and were welcoming to Deaven.  Just because I'm superficial-I'd love to know how much money was given to Deaven and Jihoon during the celebration.  Deaven and Jihoon would stand a much better chance of learning how to live with each other if her mother would leave.  Elicia not betting rid of her anger is teaching Deaven to hang on to hers.  Life happens and sometimes people just need to move on.

Ari is so very, very special.  She really looked like she was going to have a break down.  At least she acknowledged that she felt like she was on vacation while her mother was in Ethiopia with her.  Maybe the romance of falling in "lust" and becoming pregnant while on vacation is turning out to be not so romantic.

Tim and his girlfriend?  Really don't care.  And, if this is supposed to be "90 Day" why does he refer to her as his girlfriend and not fiance?

Kenny-I have seen and used much worst toilet facilities than the one that you created a scene about.  Not every country is like the U.S.  And to not like guacamole?  I can't even imagine... At least his daughter grabbed up the taco he wouldn't eat (she knows good food!).  This is where I think age can become an issue.  One gets used to what one likes and accepts and sometimes as we age, we don't want to change our standards (of course, there are many young people like this as well).  Kenny and Armando have had very different life experiences.  Actually, I view them as I view some of the other couples-what do you really have in common other than physical desire and "feelings" of love?

Ever since Brittany told us that she was still married I haven't really cared about them.  There's no potential future because she's STILL MARRIED.

• Love 15
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Kenny and Armando - Kenny, you are not in Florida anymore. You are not in a welcoming environment. Get used to the homophobic slurs. Armando could have suggested that you use the bathroom at the nice restaurant and not the taco shop.

I get what you’re saying but I don’t think anyone should be told to “get used” to being verbally abused in public. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

the second time I watched I noticed Brittany said something like "Yazan's family would kill him if they thought we had sex, so, yeah, he's a virgin" but she sure wasn't convincing and possibly just saying that for publication.  

Yeah it was very, "he's a virgin" WINK.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, alotmorestupider said:

I really don’t think Ariella will stay in Ethiopia. Shes 10 weeks from birth and doesn’t even have a bathroom to pee in, much less a stroller or crib or car seat. Some posters have called her mom a Karen but I actually love Mother Ariella. I think she’s well spoken, kind, patient and even-keeled. I’d miss her too. I think Ari thought it’d be romantic to love to an obscure developing country that most people can’t find on a map. I think she imagined having a little family would be exciting. It’s not going to work. Her scrunched up crying face looks very ogre-like. Sorry Ari. 

If she is going to change her mind, she needs to do it soon. She will to the point where she won't be able to fly anymore before the baby is born. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

During the Cheating Cheesestick's last meeting with his therapist, they discuss his decision to continue working for his current employer remotely after he moves to Colombia. Specifically  his therapist expressed concern that Melyza might take it as an indication Tim isn't really all in, so is keeping open the option of an easy return to the U.S.  Now, however  we're told the most important thing to makie the move and relationship work is for the Cheating  Cheesestick to find a job asap in Colombia...

Well that's ridiculous. Unless he can get a visa asap, then a job is a better alternative than NO JOB. I can easily see Miss-not-to-ever-be-pleased-Meylza reprimanding him for not having a job.  And in this remote world, what difference does it make if you are online where the jpb is located? I know this was all filmed before Covid, but I think the world is now realizing that some jobs don't have to be place specific. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Tim needs to understand that no matter what he does Melyza will never forgive him.  People have deal breakers and he broke the deal with Melyza.

Yet she keeps him around so he can grovel while she looks down her nose at him with that perpetual disappointed frown on her face.  On some level she enjoys being in a position to judge people.  If he didn't cheat she would be judging him for something else.  Most women would have just ended it if they felt that way, not kept the guy around.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Dobian said:

Yet she keeps him around so he can grovel while she looks down her nose at him with that perpetual disappointed frown on her face.  On some level she enjoys being in a position to judge people.  If he didn't cheat she would be judging him for something else.  Most women would have just ended it if they felt that way, not kept the guy around.

And gets to be on the teevee too!

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, alotmorestupider said:

I really don’t think Ariella will stay in Ethiopia. Shes 10 weeks from birth and doesn’t even have a bathroom to pee in, much less a stroller or crib or car seat. Some posters have called her mom a Karen but I actually love Mother Ariella. I think she’s well spoken, kind, patient and even-keeled. I’d miss her too. I think Ari thought it’d be romantic to love to an obscure developing country that most people can’t find on a map. I think she imagined having a little family would be exciting. It’s not going to work. Her scrunched up crying face looks very ogre-like. Sorry Ari. 

Ari is a privileged twit.  She probably had some romantic ideals about falling in love with a man from Ethiopia and raising a family there but now that reality is hitting her, she's scared.  I could feel sorry for her if she were 19 or something, but she is a grown woman of 30 I believe.  And she has drawn Bini as well as her child into her web.  If Ari runs back to the US, will she go back to Ethiopia to let Bini see his child?  Who is going to teach that child about their father's culture?  If she doesn't already, will Ari move to an area that is racially diverse?  If you have a child with someone from a different culture, you should consider all of those things.  Your privilege doesn't automatically transfer to your child. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I'm right there with you. For me, it's Kenny more than Armando. 

• Love 14

I like Armando and think Kenny is going to make him miserable. They have nothing in common except they are gay. When Armando becomes more comfortable with being gay he is going to lose his patience with complaining pushy old man Kenny. It's all still very new for him. 

Jihoons family was lovely. Devon looked beautiful at the party but man her personality sucks!

Ari should have really given a lot of thought to her doubts before she got pregnant. Her reckless behavior is coming back to bite her in the ass. Her parents really did an awful job with her. Is her sister like that? 

With so much tech support being done remotely, why doesn't he look for a job with a US company and just do it from there, like many people do?

This is exactly what my son did when he moved to Mexico and lived there for 2 years. It worked out beautifully. In fact, in Colombia there is a huge ex-pat community of young people doing just that. It's not difficult, cheesestick. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

I think Ariela has some emotional difficulty and I think it makes sense given

Spoiler

what the family's former nanny posted on reddit.

I really think she is trying to build what she didn't have but she has no idea how to do that.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, spunky said:

The Americans on this show confuse me. How do you move to another country without doing proper research. It makes no damn sense. 

TLC manages to find people who have never heard of Google.

Ari is just now telling Bini that she does not think he knows her at all...duh.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, alotmorestupider said:

I think Ari thought it’d be romantic to love to an obscure developing country that most people can’t find on a map. I think she imagined having a little family would be exciting. It’s not going to work. Her scrunched up crying face looks very ogre-like. Sorry Ari. 

and when not crying, she reminds me of Miss Piggy with the pink lipstick.  Sorry, not sorry.

2 hours ago, Claudia Kishi said:

I get what you’re saying but I don’t think anyone should be told to “get used” to being verbally abused in public. 

I think they need to have a discussion about how to react in future before they end up in a violent confrontation.  Kenny seems in major denial about it or he would respect Armando's opinions.

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I like Armando and think Kenny is going to make him miserable. They have nothing in common except they are gay. When Armando becomes more comfortable with being gay he is going to lose his patience with complaining pushy old man Kenny. It's all still very new for him. 

I think so, too.   Kenny doesn't seem to respect what Armando tells about life in Mexico. 

5 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Since when do any of these franchises have a fucking "mid season finale"?  

I came here looking for a good explanation for this, but so far haven't found an answer to my "wtf" and "why."

2 hours ago, Dobian said:

The birthday party was another example of why Deavan should just wear her hair up all the time.  She looks pretty compared to the Goth mop where she looks like one of the Duggers who rebelled and moved to Vegas to become a stripper.

I have often wondered why she wears her hair so dark.   Did she wear it that way before she met Jihoon?  Does she wear it that way to look the opposite of her mother.  (If she went blonde like her mom, her mom would look like her older sister)  With her dark hair and in Korean dress, she blends in very nicely.  Didn't some of those same relatives come to the wedding?  I did like the 100 day party--especially after it was explained.  It was the only bright spot in a very dull episode.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Tim and his girlfriend?  Really don't care.  And, if this is supposed to be "90 Day" why does he refer to her as his girlfriend and not fiance?

Because he's said that marriage is not "in the cards" (or "on the table" or something like that.) This is The Other Way, so I don't think he needs to get married to stay in Colombia. 

4 hours ago, alotmorestupider said:

I really don’t think Ariella will stay in Ethiopia. Shes 10 weeks from birth and doesn’t even have a bathroom to pee in, much less a stroller or crib or car seat.

and she had to move out of the Guest House and into that awful temporary housing Bini rented. Reality has set in. I predict she'll be on the first flight home to the US. Edited to add, will that be the dramatic season finale we "never saw coming"? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The 100 day party seems nice

But did you see any food?   One of the Pillow Talk crew commented that no one had so much as an appetizer.

On 8/25/2020 at 1:44 PM, Neurochick said:

She probably had some romantic ideals about falling in love with a man from Ethiopia and raising a family there but now that reality is hitting her, she's scared.

Yes, her breakdown when (and after) her mother was leaving looked to me like she suddenly understood that this shit just got real and her thought bubble was “What the fuck was I thinking?”

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Yes, her breakdown when (and after) her mother was leaving looked to me like she suddenly understood that this is real and her thought bubble was “What the fuck was I thinking?”

She was having great fun going around at home telling everyone how she was going to have her baby in Ethiopia, but Princess Ari doesn’t seem too rooted in reality.  She probably had some fantasy of her dreadlocked muscled Bini and some fancy western-style accommodation he could magically afford for her.  

• Love 12