Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Cabin Fever

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Irritable said:

Shout out to the editors for cutting Pete out so thoroughly that it’s almost as if he doesn’t even exist on earth anymore.

I noticed no Pete last in last night's episode too. 

Man, he's a horrible piece of work. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jsage said:

The chart also shows that the chief stew is a higher rank than the bosun. So Malia speaking to Hannah the way she did was extremely unprofessional. I guess Malia thinks she can pick and choose when she wants to go by the book.

True.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Based on IG, yes yes she does. She is the type of person who thinks wacky fashion choices equals a personality.

Oh oh oh Bugsy's fashion choices and accessories. Just awful. 

My mouth fell open when she first showed up walking down the pier this season to come on board the yacht. That floral one piece upholstery print, clown suit with earrings a  go - go.  She looked like Grandma's 1940's couch. She made Mrs. Roper (1970's Three's Company co-star) look like haute couture. 

And the accessories ? Always, the busy large shoulder duster dangle earrings with record setting number of hair clips. 

I cant stand her name. I am sure she thinks its cute and original. And the bugs bunny chompers. Awful. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, jmcd44 said:

Because of your sacrifice, I will watch it on behalf of PTV. There might be vodka involved. 

Capt Lee has spoken FWIW:

Thank you!  And frankly, a vodka-influenced recap sounds preferable!

And thanks for the Captain Lee tweet, too.  Captain Lee. FTW!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

we'll see. Maybe he's just not "emotionally prepared" with worrying about his sick uncle and all. Maybe he always travels with his knives, like that guy with the dog. And truth be told, if he was a freelancer, he can't exactly leave his stuff behind. Not that I'm ever going to believe this wasn't scripted from the beginning. As someone upthread said, Malia saying "we were hired as a couple" kind of gave the game away. 

Was that actually a "slip of the tongue" on Malia's part and Bravo decided to let the audience in?

1 hour ago, snarts said:

I get the feeling he's dying to say more. Hope he does. Sandy is a sham. 

Oh, thanks for posting this. So........the ranking graph in the article was not correct for the Below Deck yacht.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

That makes sense about Chief Stew being above above or equal to chefs at best. They seem to be held accountable for "managing" the Chef and Hannah essentially went to Sandy to get rid of Mila so that tracks. And Lee pretty much only treats Kate as a near equal.

Even if it were true that the Chef outranked Hannah the CHEF didn't ask Hannah for a cabin with his girlfriend, the girlfriend who she out ranked did the asking.

• Love 16

The chef's girlfriend didn't ask to change cabins she pretty much demanded it. When Hannah didn't give in she hightailed up to Sandy and Sandy gave her what she wanted. Then got on the radio and rubbed it in Hannah's face. 

• Love 22
17 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

The chef's girlfriend didn't ask to change cabins she pretty much demanded it. When Hannah didn't give in she hightailed up to Sandy and Sandy gave her what she wanted. Then got on the radio and rubbed it in Hannah's face. 

Conveniently, when Hannah was "off radio" (on the dock for a smoke break, I think).  

Either way, Malia and Captain Sandy were wrong!!  

I think this whole storyline - whether contrived or not, is not going to sit well for them for the future.

• Love 16
41 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

g.  I would like to see the timeline of Hannah and her pregnancy.

She is due in October and this was filmed in September/October so 4 or 5 months after she left the show.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, dleighg said:

me too. I mean he agreed to the job, and then just sort of meekly tacked on "oh and I've got this sick uncle, and if anything happens..." and Sandy's like "oh of course."

Any bets on that actually happening?

uB2hJmj.gif

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Thank you!  And frankly, a vodka-influenced recap sounds preferable!

The recap is up on Sandy's topic page. That was... a lot. It might be rambling (so like Sandy).

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I am  loathe to comment before watching, but I wanted to read the comments ahead of actually viewing the episode.  BD/BDM used to be a wonderful escape to beautiful locales, but in the last year it has done nothing more than raise my blood pressure and wish to see Tamra Barney acting the fool in beachy locales rather than the misogynist assholes hired to staff a yacht.  And I'm no fan of that possum-faced fool.

So I will be skipping this and watching the comments here to see if Bugsy, Malia, and Sandy get their cumuppance.   I've commented before that I wanted Sandy to be great--a woman in a traditionally male role--but was let down at nearly every turn.  Then it dawned on me: her one talent is backing into tight parking spaces.  It's been my life long belief that backing into parking spaces is the mark of the devil.  So, despite the probably nautical need to back into slips, her innate talent for that one thing--and ONLY that one thing--has proven to me that she's just plain evil.  And the whole Covid downplaying BS didn't help. 

Inasmuch as I would love for Hannah to have something actionable, HIPAA isn't going to work here (not to mention the usual Bravo contract language about precluding suits against other cast members).  That piece of legislation guards against a patient's privacy being violated by a health care provider or insurer in the US.  Better international legal minds than mine could make an argument about privacy laws in Spain/Greece/wherever they were or in general, but that is likely obviated by the Bravo contract, which no doubt has been vetted by lawyers with international law expertise.

Anyway, I like Hannah about as much as I like Kate: only so-so, but I enjoy their TV personalities, and like the continuity they bring to the show.  But Hannah was done dirty since the start of this season, just like Kate was in her last season.  I don't like this Bravo trend.  In fact, Bravo's airing of the *original* MDL season kicked my brain into nostalgia gear, and that early aughts, when things were nice (remember the original QE aired here), were the best times.  And if Bravo is wanting to do dirty deeds to OGs to cut their salary budget, I have suggestions....ditch Sandy, ditch all things Jeff Lewis, ditch Kyle Richards, ditch all the OC, and ditch Andy Cohen.

You've said this before, I still don't understand why?  I would love to know what is so horrible about backing into a space and is deserving of being labeled an "asshole" or now a sure sign of being satan??

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Malia is not only a snake she is a sneaky snake. I think that she went through Hannah's bags because she was afraid that Hannah may have trashed or hidden the Valium. She wanted and needed proof that Hannah had the Valium in her possession. She was not about to go to Sandy without the proof. She probably thought that Hannah was on the boat while they were off having fun and Hannah had the opportunity to do away with the Valium. Malia had no authority to go through Hannah's bags. She is not law enforcement. And I think she should be punished, sanctioned or whatever they call it for this. And I don't for a minute think Hannah was in on this. They pretty much trashed her professional reputation. She may be through with yachting  but if she wants another career this will haunt her. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Angel pie said:

How can Sandy justify asking the chef for a hug immediately after hiring him. What kind of boss is that?

The creepy kind?  Malia's boyfriend looked kind of awkward in that situation - like he was thinking "WTF?"

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15

I just had to post because if I was Malia and my One, Tom, were reunited, I think I behave a whole lot more like Jess and Rob(maybe not quite). The one scene had me cracking up.  Jess and Rob all over each other in one cab while Tom was barely touching Malia’s foot.  
Malia seems way more interested in her drama with Hannah than her boyfriend.

And Malia is also a lousy friend to Bugsy.  She didn’t care one bit about her feelings on sharing with Hannah.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, kimchiarancini said:

Colin sums it up:

Geez Colin is a missed presence on BD.  If he turns out to be a complete asshat too all is lost...

On one hand, if it is required that the Captain be informed about RX meds, then I could see where Hannah not doing so would be an issue (although Sandy and Malia seem to be equivocating on this point).  On the other, if Malia really was concerned she should have broached with Hannah first and told Hannah she needs to talk to the Captain, rather than go straight to turning into some sort of weak-ass spy.  Hannah clearly did not think it was an issue or she wouldn't have mentioned the pills in the first place, so a heads up would have likely sufficed.  Why must every season of BD/BDM now have one or more crew members engaging in awful/cringey behavior?  This is no fun. 

Overall, I don't mind Bugsy that much, her Tracy Flick-ness aside.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Tom seems like a nice, normal guy so I have to wonder WTF he's doing with the bitch of the sea.  

Not sure how long they have been together but I have the sense that she is different with him.   Notice how when she spoke to him, there was a higher pitch to her tone?  Almost like a baby voice.  It was kinda gross.

But yes Tom is also a douche for ditching his dying uncle for a two-week stint on a reality show.

• Love 5

So let’s review this years crew.

Captain Sandy a micromanager who plays favorites and fires good people for bogus excuses.

Malia a vile snake who claims to be a strong woman but goes to mommy every time something goes wrong and who rifles through the purse of her roommate to do spite works. An entitled dipshit.

Buggsy who came on the show to explicitly stab Hannah in the back. She has the fashion sense of a Bulgarian sheepherder and the most hair clips outside of the seventh grade.

Rob Zombie who looks so drugged out that when he is on I think I have been accidentally been watching “The Walking Dead.”

Jess who is always showing her ass which is just fine when she is in a thong bikini but not when she is trying to figure out what a wine glass is.

Alex whose game is so bad he makes Colin look like Rico Suave.

You know I have to say that makes Pete my favorite character on the show.

He is definitely getting the best edit.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • LOL 20
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Regalbegal said:

On one hand, if it is required that the Captain be informed about RX meds, then I could see where Hannah not doing so would be an issue (although Sandy and Malia seem to be equivocating on this point).  On the other, if Malia really was concerned she should have broached with Hannah first and told Hannah she needs to talk to the Captain, rather than go straight to turning into some sort of weak-ass spy.  Hannah clearly did not think it was an issue or she wouldn't have mentioned the pills in the first place, so a heads up would have likely sufficed.  Why must every season of BD/BDM now have one or more crew members engaging in awful/cringey behavior?  This is no fun. 

I didn't even need Malia to talk to Hannah about going to Sandy herself.

All Malia needed to do was say that Hannah asked her for a Valium when she told Sandy about the panic attack and wasn't sure if that was ok or if Sandy needed to be informed.   That would have been fine with me.  Safety of the boat and all that.

Instead Malia waited until she had a fight with Hannah, then rifled through her belongings to get proof, and then snitched to Sandy.  It comes across as retaliation and making damn sure that there was evidence of it so Hannah couldn't slip out of the situation.  Malia wanted Hannah gone. That was secondary to any concerns she had about whatever maritime rules or whatever exist.

Sandy fell into her usual trap of putting blinders on the the actual juvenile and asshole behavior of any underling that kisses her ass hard enough and taking sides against anyone who doesn't. 

Again, wouldn't have an issue with Sandy talking to Hannah about the medication if that is an actual rule and there weren't so many examples in the history of the show that its doesn't make it seem like its an ironclad rule.  Maybe its about the CBD, I don't know.  But mostly Sandy has the problem that she is having this talk with Hannah after using Kiko to indulge herself in some kind of reputation redemption arc fantasy  over Chef Mila and right after handling Malia's tantrum in the worse way she possibly could have.  No better way to undermine your Chief Stew than to announce to the whole crew that the Chef that hasn't cooked a meal yet has the highest rank and to get over it.

• Love 12

Props to Hannah for, despite her feelings for Bugsy, going out of her way to make it clear she does not believe Bugs had anything to do with the the pictures or telling Sandy about her meds. Hannah quite easily could have let her take a beating on social media, she did not have to say a word. That’s a class act.

347939B4-7836-446C-A688-F1296C3B3953.jpeg

• Useful 3
  • Love 19

Boom!

Laughing-chimp-gif-animation.gif.f92f3d7e13089548a4221339eb6e1c63.gif

eta:  I noticed how Malia was constantly fidgeting with her hair and clothes throughout WWHL.  To me, that's a real tell that the person is uncomfortable and trying to feed you a bunch of BS.  She stopped whenever she got a softball question and put on that smug smile like "I'm so getting away with this".

Edited by PaperTree
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

then...(pass the popcorn)...

In some FB group, no idea what one someone just reposted it in one that I am in, Pete also accuses Malia of doing coke on their off nights on shore.  Pete’s garbage who hates Malia so make of it what you will. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, GirlInFlux said:

I’m just baffled at how Malia picks and chooses when to do things by the book. On her last season, she stirred up drama by having relationships with both the chef and bosun. Where was her professionalism when she was doing that? Also, this whole “couples stay together” reasoning is BS. She didn’t say anything when Jess/Rob became a thing and no one seemed to take issue with them shacking up in each other’s rooms. Now that it’s her, it’s an issue? Why would anyone want to move all their crap to another room with only two weeks left in the season? 

Let’s not lose the important point here...she was in a relationship with her supervisor WHO THEN PROMOTED HER to lead deckhand. This girl is an manipulative and conniving piece of work.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, Lizzing said:

And if Bravo is wanting to do dirty deeds to OGs to cut their salary budget, I have suggestions....ditch Sandy, ditch all things Jeff Lewis, ditch Kyle Richards, ditch all the OC, and ditch Andy Cohen.

Preach!!

• Love 7
11 hours ago, luvthepros said:

Yes, agree. Sandy witnessed first hand one of Hannah's panic attacks. I do believe Sandy is aware Hannah has prescribed Valium for panic attacks.

Malia and others have said it's not an automatic fireable offense to have prescribed drugs abord.

So Bravo, not Sandy, chose this as the pretext to send her off.

Because what would be the alternatives, that she quit in the middle of a season because of Kiko or some other reason?

Or that she did her job horribly, maybe got someone injured?

Or that she crossed the line, like hook up with a guest or used something like cocaine on board?

Probably Hanna agreed that being caught with a prescription of Valium was a palatable enough reason for her departure, compared to the alternatives.

Supposedly the captain has discretion, as there's no law that says it's automatic, zero tolerance thing, like three strikes laws and such.

In any event, this "firing" doesn't preclude her coming back in the future.

Same thing with Kate, maybe she finds doing WWHL and other Bravo shows occasionally is boring or doesn't pay enough and she will crawl back.  If Bravo can't find someone they like, they can throw a lot of money at her.

11 hours ago, Jsage said:

The chart also shows that the chief stew is a higher rank than the bosun. So Malia speaking to Hannah the way she did was extremely unprofessional. I guess Malia thinks she can pick and choose when she wants to go by the book.

Whether it was professional or not is irrelevant.

It's a Bravo TV show.

Talking trash and yelling at each other is Bravo's bread and butter.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, scrb said:

Because it's fake.  Hanna wasn't wronged.  She was likely in on it, as a way to bow out of the show, at least for now.

Don't let them yank your chain.

I don't agree for one second that Hanna was complicit in this. You sure love beating a dead horse (everything is fake, fake fake). If you don't enjoy the show.....

• Love 22
On 8/10/2020 at 10:22 PM, pieinmyeye said:

I think they need to amend the Maritime law regarding prescription drugs. I can maybe understand showing/telling the captain, what you’re taking, but why should they have to give them to the captain and then track the captain down to get THEIR prescribed drugs? Also, a weed pen? That’s a new one on me.

If Malia has any ethics, before snapping a pic and running to Sandy, she’s have simply gone to Hannah and said, “Hey, I noticed you had Valium. Isn’t that a maritime law violation?” And let Hannah have a chance to explain.

A few episodes ago, after seeing how Malia handled the deck crew, I posted that she had the best leadership skills of anyone in any season of Below Deck, though she still had a chance to fuck things up.

Thanks Malia for proving me right. You fucked things up spectacularly. And your leadership skills actually suck. They’re almost as bad as Captain Sandy’s, and that’s a very low bar. 

• Love 15

Malia is Sandy 2.0. She's angling for her own ship and show.

We're looking at next season's crew - Sandy, Malia, Bugsy as chief stew, and Tom as chef. All carefully planned by production. We are seeing the dress rehearsal.

I'm glad Hannah is gone, but no one deserves having their professional reputation attacked unfairly on national TV.

I think Kiko was one step ahead of production's plans to fire him. You could see him announce his quitting and take Sandy by surprise. Her pea brain struggled to control the narrative during that weird conversation they had in the galley. Having lost control of that narrative, I think she was slightly chagrined at how she knew she would be portrayed in the episodes. She tried to justify her behavior but her typical preachy fervor wasn't there.

You're not as clever as you think you are, Sandy.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

Did anyone tune in to Sandy's Q&A session?  From the comments I've seen on Twitter she didn't answer shit.  As I expected she wouldn't.  

Malia is a vicious little grubby climber. Didn't like her the first time she was on. Really can't stand her now.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ihartcoffee said:

Did anyone tune in to Sandy's Q&A session?  From the comments I've seen on Twitter she didn't answer shit.  As I expected she wouldn't.  

Malia is a vicious little grubby climber. Didn't like her the first time she was on. Really can't stand her now.  

• Useful 3
10 hours ago, hoosiermommy said:

Let’s not lose the important point here...she was in a relationship with her supervisor WHO THEN PROMOTED HER to lead deckhand. This girl is an manipulative and conniving piece of work.

It’s not fair to hold her looks against her.  It’s not her fault she’s so beautiful.

SHE ACTUALLY SAID THIS re: her boyfriend the bosun promoting her that season!

Back to this season’s chicanery, I also wanted to add something I spotted in the last episode- after Sandy fired Kiko, she overheard Malia and the crew talking about her boyfriend visiting and asked about it, and Malia said - oh, you haven’t heard?  I’ve been telling everybody about it...  It was such a scripted moment to orchestrate and introduce this whole fire-Kiko-hire-Tom-fire-Hannah-promote-Bugsy storyline, and such bad acting!

• Love 13

Just saw a commercial for next week’s super-sized episode. It includes a TH of Sandy saying “what if she overdoses, what if?” There is then audio of her telling Hannah “I could have fired you last year, the year before.” Ugh, Sandy is gross. She COULD have fired Hannah...but she didn’t. If Hannah having prescription anti-anxiety meds on board and THAT is the straw that broke the camel’s back? Sandy is a terrible manager.

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, LotusFlower said:

It’s not fair to hold her looks against her.  It’s not her fault she’s so beautiful.

SHE ACTUALLY SAID THIS re: her boyfriend the bosun promoting her that season!

That sh$t always cracked me up.  She’s not as pretty as she thinks she is; she’s just... beige.  Beige hair beige face beige personality.  Just like her master Sandy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 8/11/2020 at 2:54 AM, LotusFlower said:

I think the show’s considered a hit.  It does pretty well in the ratings, and I think it rates even higher than Below Deck OG.  (Don’t get it).  It’ll be interesting to see if the ratings fall after this week, though.  Tons of SM posts from angry ppl. saying they’re done with the show, but are they?  People always say that, but do they stop watching?  

For me, the answer would be yes. I never watched last week's episode after reading the reactions in here. I'm done with this show (at least this season) but will read what's happening by continuing to check in here.

• Love 9