Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Cabin Fever

• Start Topic

So Maritime law says that crew members have to disclose medication to the captain, fine. HOW would Malia know if Hannah's valium was or wasn't cleared already?? The CBD pen is sold at bodegas and is legal in Spain. 

If Hannah had ever seemed even slightly off due to the "drugs" you know they would have used the footage. 

Bosun or not, I highly doubt anyone but the First Mate or Captain has the "right" to dig through a crew member's purse.

Kiko and Hannah's continued friendship makes me think that we've really only seen the bad parts of Hannah on BDMed. I've been rewatching old episodes and it seems that the Chief Stews are damned to be disliked, a comment as simple as "hey don't forget to turn the iron off," gets an over the top reaction from the 3rd stew.

Sandy has been so disappointing, she's routinely blinded by suck ups, remember Kasey? She should have told Malia to stop wasting her time with the cabins and to in her own words, just get through this charter.

• Love 23

The whole cabin fiasco was super frustrating. I understand Malia wanting time room with her boyfriend and all, but why does that mean everyone has to rearrange their living spaces with two weeks left in the season? Where was the concern for couples rooming together before her boyfriend came? Seemed like everyone was perfectly okay with Rob and Jess sleeping in each other’s bunk. Notice how neither Rob nor Jess made a big deal out the situation. Then to make things about professionalism! Malia of all people? This is the woman who on her last season hooked up with the chef and her bosun and stirred up all sorts of drama.

Did Malia confirm that she told Sandy because of the Valium or did she think the vape pen was pot? When I first saw the photo I figured it was because of the pen. Regardless, it was wrong of her to go through Hannah’s things and to seemingly tattle out of spite over the room situation.

Bugsy is interesting. She hasn’t done anything to bother me this season and honestly I was on her side last season when she complained about Hannah slacking off. The obsession with accessorizing is giving me little girl playing dress up though. It’s a bit much. I agree that the editing is setting her up to be chief stew. She’s a hard worker and the guests always seem to like and appreciate her, so I think she deserves a shot especially with Hannah clearly not enjoying the job anymore.

• Love 7

I have a friend working in the Bravo production crew who slipped me a copy of this note Malia wrote to Sandy. I can’t figure out why they didn’t show it last night because it really does explain a lot.

Dear Captain Sandy,
First, let me thank you for hiring my boyfriend Tom as the new chef. I think you will love his meals and presentation. I know I do.

But second, I am sorry that I have to report two problems that I have attempted to solve but can't. As you know, yachting couples always room together. I asked Hannah to move in with Bugsy so Tom and I could have the cabin I’m in now. She refused and actually laughed at me. I won’t even repeat what she said to me, which was thankfully off camera. Therefore, pursuant to Maritime Law #3497246-189b, I am taking over one of the guest cabins so Tom and I can be together as all yachting couples do. As we discussed, this is a big boat and production has already taken over the real master suite. The remaining cabins are so nice I don’t think the guests will notice at all. I will, of course, take the smallest of the current guest cabins.

Now for the hard part - I have attached a photo showing the illicit drugs I accidentally stumbled upon in Hannah’s purse. This is the proof you asked for that we discussed last week. It’s even worse than I thought. There was also a note from “Chapo”-something-or-other in Mexico that explained how they would be sending more ‘samples’ for Hannah to pick up at our next port of call. I know you want Hannah and Bugs to room together but I’m afraid our Chief Blew, I mean -Stew- might try to slip something in Bugs’ coffee. Anyway, just thought you should know.

Malia

PS- To prove that these were not my drugs, I think we ought to go ahead with that pelvic inspection that you mentioned when I first told you about them. I’ve checked with Tom and he’s totally OK with it. He even said he’d be glad to help if that, you know, were needed. Let me know.

• LOL 21

A couple seasons ago, Hannah had an episode, and Adam of all people seemed to understand that it was legit.   ADAM showed some actual concern.  Hannah’s anxiety is nothing new to the show.

I’m flabbergasted that Malia went thru her personal belongings.   Even though, Malia has a very overinflated ego, I can’t believe she ever thought that move was going to be received well by the audience.

It was clear that Hannah knew Malia’s boyfriend coming on as chef was fixed from the get-go.   Her entire demeanor during the meeting to discuss the guests was just “over it”.

Sandy started off on this show praising Hannah and kissing her ass because Hannah is arguably the star of the show.  Sandy hasn’t wanted to be the “star” since day one.  As long as Hannah stays on, Sandy would be second to Hannah.  Sandy has annoyed the hell out of me since her first season.

Jaoa of all people seems to be giving Sandy/Malia the side eye.  Colin is also being pretty Team Hannah.  Neither guy was even a fan of hers, but seem to see that she’s been done dirty.  Anastasia is also pissed.

• Love 23

Scripted drama, conspiracy between Sandy, Malia and Bugsy or not, I have a hate in my heart for Malia that made me want to reach through the TV screen and smack her entitled face. And to whoever said Sandy had better watch her back? Serious word. Malia is a fucking viper. I hope Tom dumps her like a too-hot pan.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, endure said:

i also have wondered if this is being played out for the benefit of Hannah ~ kind of a farewell tribute because they’re finally making her the viewers favourite.

Based on her twitter, no. She's hurt & I can't blame her.  No one would sign up to be labeled as a drug abuser or have their mental health ridiculed.

Would love to see Sandy, Malia & Bugsy unceremoniously dumped (should there ever be an next season) despite all their machinations.  While the impact on viewership is yet to be seen (Noticed quite a few people going after Andy & Bravo, but the production company 51Minds should be the actual target), I can't imagine any of this will be good for their careers and reputations. That might be the ultimate karmic retribution they deserve. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 14

I"m glad I didn't watch the show last night.  Like many of you, I appreciated the locales, etc., but on Tuesday nights, I'm now watching 90 Day Fiancee. I get to see exotic locales on that show and I don't have to watch the rat crew.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Hannah also said that CBD is legal in Spain.  CBD oils contain no THC, and they work wonders for people with anxiety~~even children and pets!!!  Why Andy and Malia kept referring to it as a "weed pen" and also referring to the Valium as a narcotic (when it's not) was just disgusting!  

I could be wrong, but aren't most boats bound under the rules of the jurisdiction in which they are registered?  Regardless this was a stupid vindictive act on the part of Malia or Sandy or Bugsy or any combination of the three, and the only thing that makes me happy is that Malia and Bugsy looked even more stupid on WWHL and didn't win themselves any fans.  There's no way to justify what looks to be a petty, vindictive act.

• Love 10

I went in knowing fully what to expect from the comments here & I still couldn't make it through the whole thing. I turned it off after the "day off" where Hannah simply deciding not to go was akin to her committing some sort of offensive act towards them. Maybe they were pissed because they needed an extra photographer for the couples photo shoots?

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, CaliforniaLove said:

where Hannah simply deciding not to go was akin to her committing some sort of offensive act towards them.

I liked that they interspersed snarky comments about her with shots of her clearly looking ill, and while she was apparently watching movies on her laptop, she was drinking cola, not rosé.

• Love 17
8 hours ago, Irritable said:

Shout out to the editors for cutting Pete out so thoroughly that it’s almost as if he doesn’t even exist on earth anymore.

Right? And replacing his airtime with the Sandy/Malia/Bugsy collective attack on Hannah as well as Sandy's humiliation of Kiko...not to mention the selfie-obsessed instagram whore Jess? BRILLIANT. 

SMH

• Love 8
2 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

Sandy: Of course, I already disliked her, but she is so unprofessional. I would love to hear what she said on her live social media things last night, but I can't find anyone that watched it. 

It’s TONIGHT (Tuesday) at 6 PM EST.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Bravo is getting exactly what they want. All of this attention and talk generates viewship and ratings. They don't care one bit if we hate Sandy and Malia. That's the way all of these reality shows operate. I just hate that when we finally get a female bosun we get one like Malia who has a tantrum, runs to "mommy" and gets her way all because she can't be without her man for 2 weeks. 

It's time for a male chief stew. Maybe the guy that was tight with Kate on OG a few seasons ago. Have there been other men in the interior? I can't recall. Women are common as part of the deck crew.

• Love 5

but aren't most boats bound under the rules of the jurisdiction in which they are registered?

That's irrelevant CBD isn't illegal anywhere (or sorry I guess it is in 4 landlocked US states) it would be like reporting Hannah for wearing hemp or using hemp hand cream. Again we're dealing with rules that can be mitigated or enforced per the captains discretion, not Maritime "laws" that are being violated. As several people have pointed out other seasons of BD/BDM have shown use of OTC and prescription pain killers w/o captain supervision, so this is all just down to Sandy and Malia being assholes who wanted to make Hannah look bad and themselves like IDK Nancy Reagan? That they knew her use of these medicines was for a serious anxiety issue is even more rank and callous. They need to apologize and then STFU.

• Love 22

Hannah not agreeing to move cabins to let Malia and her boyfriend can sleep together is understandable, if they were married it would be different but this guy shows up to visit then gets the chef job so he is staying...yeah, they can sleep apart for two weeks and hook up on an off night.  Malia was being a real shit with the "get over it," line, that is a trigger for me and I will do anything BUT "get over it."

Malia's revenge move about going thru Hannah's things has done one thing, it has proven her to be untrustworthy, Sandy plays in to this because she loves nothing more than to fire someone and had in season's past threatened to fire Hannah so now she can.  If I worked with Malia I would watch my back and not share anything about me with her that in anyway could be used against me.  Malia is a snake and she knows that Hannah might be a little fragile but does not care and keeps pushing.

As for Bugsy and that other one, your relationships/hook ups will not last once that boat docks for the last time and yet they wanted to rearrange cabin assignments and they were willing to throw Hannah under the bus to make it happen just for some D, shame on them.

All that nonsense would never happen on Capt. Lee's boat.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, LotusFlower said:

It’s TONIGHT (Tuesday) at 6 PM EST.  

Bless you-not all heroes wear capes! I figured someone would hate watch it. 

ETA-sorry that I didn't see you posted that earlier. I read all the comments, but my eyes must've filled with rage (and I've lost track of days in the pandemic). 

Edited by jmcd44
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

If Tom has his knives, then you know it is all complete bullshit. No chef will cook with knives that aren’t their own, and he wouldn’t be traveling to see a sick relative with his knives

But coming back from a job yes, he 100% would 🙂

• Love 3

Are WWHL ratings so bad that they’re trying to force us to watch by including it with BDM? I can assure Bravo that it’s not working with me because as soon as Andy’s face comes up the exit button is pressed. Just another reason to reconsider watching this show.

• Love 15

Remind me to never work somewhere that it’s ok for someone to go through my purse and take photos and I am the one who is fired and they are rewarded by not only getting to keep their job, but getting their SO hired on.  

Hannah had to have been in agreement on this story line, at least a little, no?  Because otherwise I just don’t get how this is acceptable. 

• Love 14

I’m just baffled at how Malia picks and chooses when to do things by the book. On her last season, she stirred up drama by having relationships with both the chef and bosun. Where was her professionalism when she was doing that? Also, this whole “couples stay together” reasoning is BS. She didn’t say anything when Jess/Rob became a thing and no one seemed to take issue with them shacking up in each other’s rooms. Now that it’s her, it’s an issue? Why would anyone want to move all their crap to another room with only two weeks left in the season? 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Speaking of Twitter, Sandy blocked me for suggesting she take a course on management!  She posted a tweet announcing a FB and IG Live Q&A for later today (Tuesday) at 6 PM EST in order to address all the criticism she’s getting after firing Kiko.  How weird is that?  I think she’s desperate to keep her gig.  

What??  OMG is she worried she won't be liked by the public?  Good lord get over yourself lady!

I don't see that anyone else brought this up here, but remember when Kat had Xanax and it was brought to Capt Lee's attention?  He checked to be sure it was a prescription, and told her to be sure to use them responsibly.  No issues, no firing, no big deal.  What is the difference here?

3 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

I texted my friends last night "Please don't ever make me a sex room." I found that creepy (not that sex was creepy but it was just odd that a friend/coworker and a coworker who  never met my boyfriend would do that) and somehow juvenile-perhaps it was the T + M in table stones. 

So creepy, gross, and so weird!  I shudder.

2 hours ago, kimchiarancini said:

Colin sums it up:

I can't see what it says.. is this Colin from Below Deck?  (as the Watch What Crappens guys call him, "Collie!")

1 hour ago, kimchiarancini said:

Even CT had "feelings" about this!

Oh god don't bring that loser into this.  She is REPULSIVE.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

If Tom has his knives, then you know it is all complete bullshit. No chef will cook with knives that aren’t their own, and he wouldn’t be traveling to see a sick relative with his knives. 

When he was on the phone with Malia prior to arriving she mentioned Sandy wanted to meet him and he said something like “Well I obviously won’t be prepared to cook.” So that makes me think he didn’t have his stuff with him. He honestly seems pretty innocent in the whole situation aside from blowing off his sick uncle to stay on the boat. But with how Sandy was hyping him up, who would say no to the job?

• Love 4

Hannah had to have been in agreement on this story line, at least a little, no? 

I don't think you agree to a story that defames your Yachtie credentials when you are starting a business teaching classes in how to get your Yachtie license. I think she agreed to an "exit storyline" possibly even being "fired' but not to make her look like a drug abusing rule breaking head case.

• Useful 5
  • Love 11

Ugh this is the first season I've watched Below Deck Med and I think it's also my last.  I've grown to hate Sandy, and Malia last night was completely out of line.   So because your boyfriend is now onboard everyone needs to disrupt their lives so you two can sleep together?   What an entitled bitch.  Bugsy wasn't thrilled with the idea either but when Malia runs to Sandy she only mentions Hannah being against it, I hate shit like this.    I'm also really sick of watching Rob and Jess making out.    

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, GirlInFlux said:

When he was on the phone with Malia prior to arriving she mentioned Sandy wanted to meet him and he said something like “Well I obviously won’t be prepared to cook.” So that makes me think he didn’t have his stuff with him. He honestly seems pretty innocent in the whole situation aside from blowing off his sick uncle to stay on the boat. But with how Sandy was hyping him up, who would say no to the job?

A. If my uncle is sick enough that I'm flying to another country to visit, he's probably not going to live another 2 weeks.

B. He's blowing off his uncle for 2 weeks of tips?  $5k maybe?

I'm beginning to doubt there's a sick uncle.

• Useful 3
  • Love 18
15 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

I think they need to amend the Maritime law regarding prescription drugs. I can maybe understand showing/telling the captain, what you’re taking, but why should they have to give them to the captain and then track the captain down to get THEIR prescribed drugs? Also, a weed pen? That’s a new one on me.

Ugh, Malia and Bugsy. Do not like these heifers at all!!! 
Fuck those two heifers and the boats they floated in on.

I saw a tweet from Joao where he basically said that the crew should inform the Captain about their prescribed medication, but it was up to the Captain's discretion if the person should take it independently or supervised IF it affects their ability to perform their work duties.  He also said that if he knew someone was on prescribed medication he would advise them to inform the Captain. He also said it's not the Bosun's business if someone is on medication. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 16

I wonder if Malia realizes how repulsive someone has to be to get me to come to Hannah’s defense not once but twice in a 24 hour period. 
I was just going to add that I think it was clear that Hannah was still either not feeling well or completely beaten down in that argument with Malia because she barely fought back and didn’t throw in even one of her snarky “honey” lines like she usually does when confronted in a situation like that. Again, if you can make me feel badly for Hannah you have to be a truly terrible person. 😂

Also even Bugsy seemed to be throwing some side-eye Malia’s way on Watch What Happens last night when Malia was explaining her assertion about couples having to room together. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Diane Mars said:

But coming back from a job yes, he 100% would 🙂

I don't think he was coming from a job. He was coming from his home after he finished a job. I think. Either way, it is all BS.

Rob is becoming a stage 4 clinger. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Yes I do. What is your point? Everyone else seems to be having the same reaction, so was there something in my post that caused your particular response? I am not trying to be snippy. Just asking. 

Because it's fake.  Hanna wasn't wronged.  She was likely in on it, as a way to bow out of the show, at least for now.

Don't let them yank your chain.

22 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

I wonder if Malia realizes how repulsive someone has to be to get me to come to Hannah’s defense not once but twice in a 24 hour period. 
I was just going to add that I think it was clear that Hannah was still either not feeling well or completely beaten down in that argument with Malia because she barely fought back and didn’t throw in even one of her snarky “honey” lines like she usually does when confronted in a situation like that. Again, if you can make me feel badly for Hannah you have to be a truly terrible person. 😂

I sent Hannah a tweet last night saying that this has galvanized even her haters (I didn’t use that word) over to her side!  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, jmcd44 said:

Bless you-not all heroes wear capes! I figured someone would hate watch it. 

ETA-sorry that I didn't see you posted that earlier. I read all the comments, but my eyes must've filled with rage (and I've lost track of days in the pandemic). 

Ha ha!  You’re hilarious!  

You’ll have to watch it (participate) for me, because Sandy is blocking everyone who posts anything even remotely negative towards her.  (I implied she was a bad manager.  Blocked!)  I love the irony - she’s hosting this IG Live in order to face the music and let everyone express their feelings (her words), and then she blocks everyone for doing just that.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
27 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

I sent Hannah a tweet last night saying that this has galvanized even her haters (I didn’t use that word) over to her side!  

I'm still ungalvanized and can't wait to see her go.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Jack Sampson said:

I'm beginning to doubt there's a sick uncle.

me too. I mean he agreed to the job, and then just sort of meekly tacked on "oh and I've got this sick uncle, and if anything happens..." and Sandy's like "oh of course."

Any bets on that actually happening?

• Love 7
15 hours ago, oakville said:

Sandy said that the chef has seniority over the rest of the crew , so he gets to pick his cabin mate. Is this true?

Why should Hannah & Bugsy be forced to be together ?

According to this article, the chef does outrank the chief stew. Malia's boyfriend/chef Tom wanted to room with Malia. What he wants goes.........

Chef OUTRANKS chief stew

Just now, luvthepros said:

According to this article, the chef does outrank the chief stew. Malia's boyfriend/chef Tom wanted to room with Malia. What he wants goes. Sorry Hannah and Bugsy........

Chef OUTRANKS chief stew

• Useful 2
6 minutes ago, luvthepros said:

According to this article, the chef does outrank the chief stew. Malia's boyfriend/chef Tom wanted to room with Malia. What he wants goes.........

Chef OUTRANKS chief stew

The chart also shows that the chief stew is a higher rank than the bosun. So Malia speaking to Hannah the way she did was extremely unprofessional. I guess Malia thinks she can pick and choose when she wants to go by the book.

• Love 24
12 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

I think the show’s considered a hit.  It does pretty well in the ratings, and I think it rates even higher than Below Deck OG.  (Don’t get it).  It’ll be interesting to see if the ratings fall after this week, though.  Tons of SM posts from angry ppl. saying they’re done with the show, but are they?  People always say that, but do they stop watching?  

Nah.....how can you stop watching a train wreck? Answer........you can't.

• LOL 3

I have never been a real fan of Hannah but this was a rotten way to treat a once well regarded cast member.  Hannah didn't deserve this at all.

I really think it goes back to Andy and his loathing of woman.  He hasn't ever been able to tolerate someone who has their own mind and voice.  He likes those revolting caricatures that he showcases on Real Housewives,  he likes the monsters.

Edited by jrzy
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

I am going to guess that Hannah assumed Sandy knew about the valium since Sandy knows about her panic attacks and has for a couple of seasons.Im pretty sure Sandy knew about Valium then

Yes, agree. Sandy witnessed first hand one of Hannah's panic attacks. I do believe Sandy is aware Hannah has prescribed Valium for panic attacks.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

If Tom has his knives, then you know it is all complete bullshit. No chef will cook with knives that aren’t their own, and he wouldn’t be traveling to see a sick relative with his knives. 

Well......Tom did say he wasn't prepared to cook.

3 minutes ago, luvthepros said:

Well......Tom did say he wasn't prepared to cook.

we'll see. Maybe he's just not "emotionally prepared" with worrying about his sick uncle and all. Maybe he always travels with his knives, like that guy with the dog. And truth be told, if he was a freelancer, he can't exactly leave his stuff behind. Not that I'm ever going to believe this wasn't scripted from the beginning. As someone upthread said, Malia saying "we were hired as a couple" kind of gave the game away. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, jrzy said:

I really think it goes back to Andy and his loathing of woman.  He hasn't ever been able to tolerate someone who has their own mind and voice.  He likes those revolting caricatures that he showcases on Real Housewives,  he likes the monsters.

This is so true.  He ruined the Housewives for me, I stopped watching years ago.   I can't take the endless drunk fighting.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, jrzy said:

I have never been a real fan of Hannah but this was a rotten way to treat a once well regarded cast member.  Hannah didn't deserve this at all.

Right? Andy definitely loathes women...

BRAVO TO FINISH 2019 AS THE #1 CABLE NETWORK AMONG FEMALE VIEWERS FOR THE THIRD CONSECUTIVE YEAR

https://www.nbcumv.com/news/bravo-finish-2019-1-cable-network-among-female-viewers-third-consecutive-year

Cohen was one of the driving forces in developing plenty of Bravo's current programming, which caters to women. He may not have the same role these days but his legacy is there AND he still hosts WWHL and reunions.

Right...Andy loathes women...all the way to the bank.

SMH

Why on earth would Andy hate women, his bread and butter? Playing victim 24/7 is getting ridiculous (and always has been).

Edited by LaLaLaLa
Punctuation and clarification
  • Love 2