Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

Darcey & Stacey

Recommended Posts

It's no secret that Darcey has moved on from her failed relationships with Jesse Meester and Tom Brooks with a handsome Bulgarian named Georgi Rusev, and audiences will see how that unfolds. But not everything is coming up roses for the Silvas when love is concerned. Darcey & Stacey will be diving headfirst into Stacey's relationship with fiancé Florian Sukaj, who has not only been accused of infidelity, but audiences will also get to meet the "other woman" on the series.

Premieres August 16, 2020.

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

It's no secret that Darcey has moved on from her failed relationships with Jesse Meester and Tom Brooks with a handsome Bulgarian named Georgi Rusev, and audiences will see how that unfolds. But not everything is coming up roses for the Silvas when love is concerned. Darcey & Stacey will be diving headfirst into Stacey's relationship with fiancé Florian Sukaj, who has not only been accused of infidelity, but audiences will also get to meet the "other woman" on the series.

Premieres August 16, 2020.

Thanks to the "off" button, many of us will NOT be part of the audience.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I honestly think this show is going to be a drama shitshow, I will watch but it could be worse, Danielle could have her own show! 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I'm a bit torn on this because I think they need to get off television and into rehab immediately. I really think they are both on borrowed time due to their addictions.

On the other hand, I want it to do well because it will piss off Jesse and Tom. I don't think I'm going to be able to make myself watch, but maybe leave my television on play it on the app in the background so that TLC can include me in their ratings while I'm doing anything else. It will definitely  have to be on mute, though. Since I'm not a Nielsen household it's not going to make a big difference, but I did the same thing with What Now? where I watched everything except Jesse just in case that one single view made a difference when they were looking at the ratings later. I muted Steven and someone else because I didn't like them, either, but it was the only way to give Jesse an FU. Then, they put him on that dating show because he clearly turned tricks for someone at Sharp or TLC; there is no other possible explanation.

What to do, what to do? At least there are a few weeks to decide. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Christina said:

On the other hand, I want it to do well because it will piss off Jesse and Tom.

Yes! I know I'll watch, and I will enjoy picturing those two knobs seething in jealousy.

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

20 hours ago, Christina said:

I'm a bit torn on this because I think they need to get off television and into rehab immediately. I really think they are both on borrowed time due to their addictions.

On the other hand, I want it to do well because it will piss off Jesse and Tom.

That is the reason I would consider watching it!

 

20 hours ago, Christina said:

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/26/2020 at 6:21 PM, DVDFreaker said:

I honestly think this show is going to be a drama shitshow, I will watch but it could be worse, Danielle could have her own show! 

With unlimited liquor, cameras, finally getting their own show, their highly competitive relationship, the plastic surgeries, the seeming inability to contain their emotions...

Hell yeah, I'm in.  I'm gonna watch this shit show like it's my job.  Just seeing Darcey nearly toppling off her stilettos walking in a parking lot is ridiculously hilarious to me.  

I need to set my DVR so I don't miss any of this shit-covered gem.  

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know if it's been released already on TV, but on the site where I stream US shows to the UK, Season 1 Episode 1 is already out. I watched it today. 

  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, essexjan said:

I don't know if it's been released already on TV, but on the site where I stream US shows to the UK, Season 1 Episode 1 is already out. I watched it today. 

Thanks for the tip.  I'm in the US, so I'm going to check the TLC Go app and see if it's there for viewing.

Please tell me it's the tawdry over-the-top dramatic shit show I'm hoping it to be.  😄 

ETA:  It is indeed available for viewing on the TLC Go app, so off I go to watch this hot mess.  

Edited by Persnickety1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/27/2020 at 8:12 PM, DanaMB said:

Yes! I know I'll watch, and I will enjoy picturing those two knobs seething in jealousy.

THIS! 

I know it will be a bunch of ridiculous situations, booze, bad make-up, clothing and hair etc.... but the thought of Jesse and Tom pea green with envy makes me sooooooo happy!  😂

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

The premiere episode is up on TLC Go and is mildly entertaining.  She does make a couple of self-snarking comments that made me laugh.  Other than that, pretty low key for a premiere.  I won't go any further so as to not "spoil" anything for those that haven't seen it.

That being said, the season previews at the end of the episode were...Well, I'm just going to say this shit show looks like it will meet my expectations and then some.  

(PS:  For those who have watched, in the scene of them loading luggage, they looked for all the world like little white and pink druids in those hooded coats 😂 )

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Episode 1:

Quote

"Everything Is About to Change"

Twins Darcey and Stacey are at different points in their lives; while Darcey is healing after another failed relationship, Stacey is preparing for the arrival of her Albanian fiance, Florian, who is coming to America on a K-1 visa.

Airs August 16, 2020.

Share this post


Link to post

So in the first fifteen minutes, Stacey, dressed in torn jeans that make shorts look conservative and a big billowy winter coat, drove to meet Tom and tell him to leave Darcey alone. 

Tom showed up in this show. Great, he gets another few bucks and will continue to try and get on all the spin-offs. I actually have to take a break because I'm so pissed about this. It was rumored but I really hoped it wasn't true.

Watch Jesse show up, too.

  • Like 3
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/27/2020 at 10:12 PM, DanaMB said:

Yes! I know I'll watch, and I will enjoy picturing those two knobs seething in jealousy.

I'm watching it right now!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/10/2020 at 12:03 AM, Christina said:

So in the first fifteen minutes, Stacey, dressed in torn jeans that make shorts look conservative and a big billowy winter coat, drove to meet Tom and tell him to leave Darcey alone. 

Tom showed up in this show. Great, he gets another few bucks and will continue to try and get on all the spin-offs. I actually have to take a break because I'm so pissed about this. It was rumored but I really hoped it wasn't true.

Watch Jesse show up, too.

Sadly, I can picture Jesse still having connections with TLC production, finding out where they're filming Darcey that day, and "conveniently" showing up and running into her.  

I think he's actually that desperate and thirsty.  

This mess is going to be a dumpster fire on its own.  It didn't need that Tom fucknuttery and certainly won't need any Jesse fucknuttery.  Darcey and Stacey bring enough drunk and crazy 😄 

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I caved and watched it on demand today.  I also didn’t need to see Tom again as I just don’t think he has anything to add, it’s dull.  I did enjoy learning more about Darcey & Stacey’s parents and seeing Darcey’s girls.  I wonder if we will even see any of Stacey’s children.  Interesting that their father bought them the house.

Identical twins often get extra attention as young children and Darcey & Stacey seem determined to continue getting that attention as long as they can.  I think they enjoy the fame and the financial gain.  How many adult twins still dress the same, yes it’s weird, and it makes people take notice.  The sad thing to me is that I see them as caricatures.  Everything about them is over the top and too much.  The ungodly long, dull, damaged hair, the nails, boobs, lashes and lips, yikes!  If they could tone it down a bit they are probably lovely women.                                     

They seem like nice people and I will watch as long as it holds my interest.  As someone said upthread, we are not seeing much in the way of new television.  

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

I don't mind Darcey. I even like her at times. I have a soft spot for overly dramatic, cartoony women. But this? I tried to watch it twice and I was bored out of my mind. Nothing happened. I did, however, appreciate the scene where both daughters were cringing at the "Lock My Number" song.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/12/2020 at 10:14 AM, Emmeline said:

I caved and watched it on demand today.  I also didn’t need to see Tom again as I just don’t think he has anything to add, it’s dull.  I did enjoy learning more about Darcey & Stacey’s parents and seeing Darcey’s girls.  I wonder if we will even see any of Stacey’s children.  Interesting that their father bought them the house.

Identical twins often get extra attention as young children and Darcey & Stacey seem determined to continue getting that attention as long as they can.  I think they enjoy the fame and the financial gain.  How many adult twins still dress the same, yes it’s weird, and it makes people take notice.  The sad thing to me is that I see them as caricatures.  Everything about them is over the top and too much.  The ungodly long, dull, damaged hair, the nails, boobs, lashes and lips, yikes!  If they could tone it down a bit they are probably lovely women.                                     

They seem like nice people and I will watch as long as it holds my interest.  As someone said upthread, we are not seeing much in the way of new television.  

I liked what was shown of Daddy Silva.

I also liked when he said something about Stacey being easier to rein back in but Darcey was more difficult.  Yeah, Dad, we figured that one out, but they're both hot messes.

I did enjoy the "cut it on the bias" reference about the onion.  If I were her dad or Stacey, I'd probably yell that every time Darcey had something on the cutting board with a knife in her hand.  

I see them as caricatures, too.  I always think of them as the Troll doll version of Jessica Rabbit.  

On 8/12/2020 at 6:04 PM, mamadrama said:

I don't mind Darcey. I even like her at times. I have a soft spot for overly dramatic, cartoony women. But this? I tried to watch it twice and I was bored out of my mind. Nothing happened. I did, however, appreciate the scene where both daughters were cringing at the "Lock My Number" song.

I think all of the viewers were cringing right along with them 😄 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I would love to see Pillow Talk episodes with Jesse and Tom commenting on this show.

I’m cruel that way.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

Well, he sure seems to have very specific tastes in women with certain car interiors, one that Stacy did not have in her Nissan Maxima before going picking him up:

darcystacy1.thumb.jpg.e4374405d529fed4d5be14fb0b3427c0.jpg

darcystacy2.thumb.jpg.659d903d381d0251035b518b81b47b45.jpg

Edited by John M
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/26/2020 at 6:21 PM, DVDFreaker said:

I honestly think this show is going to be a drama shitshow, I will watch but it could be worse, Danielle could have her own show! 

Good god, don't give TLC any ideas!

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

A couple things struck me when watching the premiere, one being Darcey and Stacey talking about growing up and being made fun of because of their looks. Maybe this has been covered before but perhaps that’s why they have gone plastic surgery/extension/hair dye crazy?  
 

I also wondered whether they would have had enough money to buy their own houses if they didn’t spend so much money on surgeries/clothes/personal upkeep?

And would they be so “identical twinny” — drive the same cars/dress the same — if they weren’t on TV?  

And the dad dating a woman from China ... 
 

  • Like 5
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

43 minutes ago, NannyBails said:

A couple things struck me when watching the premiere, one being Darcey and Stacey talking about growing up and being made fun of because of their looks. Maybe this has been covered before but perhaps that’s why they have gone plastic surgery/extension/hair dye crazy?  

So people will continue making fun of their looks?

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, NannyBails said:

growing up and being made fun of because of their looks

Yes their backstory was interesting. What is unfortunate is that they were very attractive in college. Guessing this was normal? Wonder when the expensive creativity started. 

Those godawful stilettos. The Albanian man boy likes them. Is there a training class on how to walk in them with purchase?

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Those godawful stilettos. The Albanian man boy likes them. Is there a training class on how to walk in them with purchase?

I suspect they were created by a male sadist because he got off on seeing women trying to walk through the pain of wearing them . . . for the benefit of those like the Albanian man boy.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, NannyBails said:

A couple things struck me when watching the premiere, one being Darcey and Stacey talking about growing up and being made fun of because of their looks. Maybe this has been covered before but perhaps that’s why they have gone plastic surgery/extension/hair dye crazy?  
 

I also wondered whether they would have had enough money to buy their own houses if they didn’t spend so much money on surgeries/clothes/personal upkeep?

And would they be so “identical twinny” — drive the same cars/dress the same — if they weren’t on TV?  

And the dad dating a woman from China ... 
 

My opinion.. We have seen them a few years ago and they looked ok.. with all that they have done with the PS they look NOTHING like they did.. They justify everything by being the same victims.  There is definitely something wrong emotionally with them.  I will NOT be watching.. it's like the same old twins recycled.  Ugh

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Yes their backstory was interesting. What is unfortunate is that they were very attractive in college. Guessing this was normal? Wonder when the expensive creativity started. 

Those godawful stilettos. The Albanian man boy likes them. Is there a training class on how to walk in them with purchase?

I think Darcey loves them because they give her a good reason to cling tightly to whatever man she's with.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I suspect they were created by a male sadist because he got off on seeing women trying to walk through the pain of wearing them . . . for the benefit of those like the Albanian man boy.

I can keep heels on for half an hour, tops. After that I feel like someone is slowly sawing off my feet with a butter knife. I know women's legs are meant to look better in heels, but when I see someone wobbling along, taking miniscule steps and teetering from side to side, it kinda ruins the whole effect. 

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

WELP, I vowed to myself that I would not watch this show, but . . . yeah.  I’m not proud.

I can’t imagine living life as one of these ladies.  Their lives are just so embarrassing to me.  There is no way I would allow myself to be filmed in like 90% of these scenarios.  I think they were cute as kids and nice-looking young women!  It’s just sad that people stoop to these levels to feel better about themselves.

/soapbox

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Like 10
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Episode 1:

Quote

"Everything Is About to Change"

Twins Darcey and Stacey are at different points in their lives; while Darcey is healing after another failed relationship, Stacey is preparing for the arrival of her Albanian fiance, Florian, who is coming to America on a K-1 visa.

Airs August 16, 2020.

Share this post


Link to post

Whooo chile.  My body is ready and my brain cells are ready to die.

Very quickly, I feel like I understand more about why these women are what they are (I'll point out I'm a psychologist by trade, but not a therapist, so this is prob pure bullshit):  1)  They felt boys didn't notice them in school until college & they got attention for their twinning and "unique" style.  That may have led to some over-reliance in their whole look, which they aren't ever satisfied with, so they keep changing and "fixing" it. 2) They both seem to have some daddy issues, especially with the shade on the father's multiple marriages and now dating a Chinese woman (who I'm going to guess is a good bit younger), as well as their parents divorce.  It may be unfair of me to judge, but the family dynamic at that dinner table did NOT seem warm.  3) They seem to both love each other and, yet, covet to "win" against each other.  We knew this from prior seasons, but I find it fascinating they both seem to achieve this by crossing boundaries super easily (e.g. Stacey meeting with Tom and Darcey giving dad the tea re: Florian cheating).   Personally, I would be interested in meeting the ex husbands.  Who married them?!

I'm already liking this WAY better than The Family Chantel.  It's actually a bit of a good window into the women in a way I haven't seen previously  b/c their appearance were always more about the men in their lives.   And I'm sure once we have Florian here AND new Viktor Krum dude coming, it may go back to that. 

This is very mean:  I can't get past that (obvious cheater) Florian looks like some sort of Eastern European sloth.  I guess European men aren't all going to look like Sebastian Stan, Michele Morrone, Daniel Bruhl, or Raoul Bova?  Because those dudes?  **chef's kiss**

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

He seems to be well-meaning, but how on earth is Daddy Silva going to have a private man to man talk with Florian if he doesn’t speak English? Please tell me there won’t be a translation device involved! 

  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

19 hours ago, NannyBails said:

A couple things struck me when watching the premiere, one being Darcey and Stacey talking about growing up and being made fun of because of their looks

I refuse to watch this dreck but I'm not above reading all the snark.  Were photos of them as children shown?  Wonder what there was about their looks that was off-putting.  Of course, kids will find ANYTHING to make fun of.  I did! And I had my share of ridicule too.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I watched on TLC Go- and it seems the timeline is after New Years....I wonder if Florian stayed during the lockdown? Or did he go home. The first episode was BORING. 

 

On 8/17/2020 at 2:27 AM, Kayz Opinion said:

I refuse to watch this dreck but I'm not above reading all the snark.  Were photos of them as children shown?  Wonder what there was about their looks that was off-putting.  Of course, kids will find ANYTHING to make fun of.  I did! And I had my share of ridicule too.

 

I have a friend who says she hated school so much because of the bullying. She was a short, thin, blonde heterosexual white girl, I was SO surprised to hear she had such a hard time in school. As a fat black kid I LOVED school and didn’t have a problem with bullies. 
 

I have found that there are many people that are perfectly normal looking, but sensitive, and when one bully starts in they get a reaction and other bullies join in and make the people’s lives a living hell. For the record I’m not blaming kids that are being bullied! I’m just saying that a lot of people who to look at them wouldn’t have anything to be bullied for were terrorized as kids. 
 

I could see the Silva twins being like my friend (a lovely person by the way). 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Much like others on this thread, I watched this show with curiosity and because there isn’t much else on.  It’s kind of boring and I really get tired of seeing these huge boobs thrust in our faces at all times. Isn’t Daddy embarrassed to have those things Right out there  all the time? Are their children not totally humiliated when they visit school or bring their classmates by to visit?  I believe the ladies were much more attractive with their natural colored hair and regular sized lips.  They actually appear on the bizarre side now. I feel no animosity toward either of them but don’t really think they can sustain enough interest for an hour long show once a week but more power to them.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

Much like others on this thread, I watched this show with curiosity and because there isn’t much else on.  It’s kind of boring and I really get tired of seeing these huge boobs thrust in our faces at all times. Isn’t Daddy embarrassed to have those things Right out there  all the time? Are their children not totally humiliated when they visit school or bring their classmates by to visit?  I believe the ladies were much more attractive with their natural colored hair and regular sized lips.  They actually appear on the bizarre side now. I feel no animosity toward either of them but don’t really think they can sustain enough interest for an hour long show once a week but more power to them.

I think the Silvia twins were perfectly attractive women before they started fucking with themselves.
 

What I think happened is they started working out when they got into The Reality TV scene, and like a lot of women that meant losing fat in their faces and bust line. They got the implants and started with the filers and they gained weight back and look ridiculous.

 

IMO filers only look nice on very skinny post menopausal women, because of you gain two ounces of fat at any time your face looks unnaturally puffy. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I agree with others that there was nothing strange-looking about the twins, and that they were pretty before they started with all the procedures.  Maybe they really were bullied when they were younger, or maybe they internalized some teasing to the point that they believed it?   When I was growing up, my brothers teased me a lot about how I looked and I'm telling you to this day, my immediate reaction to myself is "fat and ugly."    That being said, I haven't chosen to go get a lot of plastic surgery ... instead, I've worked to appreciate the things I do like about how I look.   And I bet dollars to donuts if I brought up this teasing to my brothers, they wouldn't even remember it...

I also would love to have their ex-husbands interviewed!

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/12/2020 at 1:14 PM, Emmeline said:

 

Identical twins often get extra attention as young children...

I'm sure this has been covered before but are they identical twins? Darcey's jawline appears to be much broader than Stacey's. In fact, this is how I always tell them appart. No doubt they've aggressively pursued the identical angle through plastic surgery.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 8/12/2020 at 1:14 PM, Emmeline said:

Interesting that their father bought them the house.

I thought that was the father's house and they live there because he's always working in China and never home. 

I always wondered if Stacey was as much of a mess as Darcey. Now we know. 

Stacey said Florian doesn't know how to drive, has never had a job, and lives with parents. He's only average looking. Quite a catch you got there, Stace! 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, the twins’ bullying story was telling as was their experience of being moved around a lot as children. Interesting that their high school nickname was “The Troll Twins” because they actually look more like trolls now than they did then. I suspect their outlandish hair and wardrobe, bad weaves, plastic surgery, and bad taste in young “hot” foreign men is all part of the “how ya like me now?” Romy & Michele persona that they want to give off to show their former classmates. As someone who didn’t have the best time in high school, I can say the best revenge is living a happy, fulfilling life. I suggest occasionally scrolling through Facebook to look at some of your former classmates’ pages for a good laugh too.

Florian is actively unattractive. He looks wolfish. He knows his angles and can photograph well but he is not good looking. Plus, he looks grubby

You know Stacey will just say that’s because he’s part of the hot werewolf boy tribe from Twilight or something and you’re just a hater.

Edited by charmed1
  • Like 14
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Yes their backstory was interesting. What is unfortunate is that they were very attractive in college. Guessing this was normal? Wonder when the expensive creativity started. 

Those godawful stilettos. The Albanian man boy likes them. Is there a training class on how to walk in them with purchase?

No. I think you work your way up from the 4 inch heels, to the small platform like the Very Prive to increasingly higher heels til you get to the 6 inch plus types. Some women can walk in them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

No. I think you work your way up from the 4 inch heels, to the small platform like the Very Prive to increasingly higher heels til you get to the 6 inch plus types. Some women can walk in them.

Looking at the Silva twins, I would say that they hobble along on their heels.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

I guess European men aren't all going to look like Sebastian Stan, Michele Morrone, Daniel Bruhl, or Raoul Bova?  Because those dudes?  **chef's kiss**

Raoul Bova...💞...be still my heart! 

Now that's one delicious man...<sigh>

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, charmed1 said:

You know Stacey will just say that’s because he’s part of the hot werewolf boy tribe from Twilight or something and you’re just a hater.

I had never seen Florian before last night and my first though was werewolf or wolf boy.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size