Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: The Birds

• Start Topic

A murder of crows in the mast stirs up seafaring superstitions; Madison and Georgia friendship is pushed to the brink; everyone's issues are put in perspective when charter guests board to celebrate the life of a dear friend.

Airs May 4, 2020.

I’m no Jenna fan but Adam is controlling and emotionally abusive and she (and the fish guy) don’t deserve it. I think she generally reads him pretty well so I’m not sure why she continues to put up with his crappy behavior. 

• Love 22

Spoke too soon. Judging from the previews it looks like the Jenna/Adam love fest is back on next week. Maybe Caption Glenn will wake up and see what is going on. 

• Love 3

I’m not invested in Jenna, but anyone with eyes can see that Adam is a controlling, manipulative man child.   She’s a pretty girl and appears to be pretty good at the job....be done with Adam.  

I do enjoy seeing the “sailing” aspect of this show.   

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Spoke too soon. Judging from the previews it looks like the Jenna/Adam love fest is back on next week. Maybe Caption Glenn will wake up and see what is going on. 

Maybe Glenn will join in and make it a threesome. I know, that's a horrific visual!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Really Jenna he's just not that into you. Move along and be happy that you don't have to put up with this creep.  I have a feeling that if Jenna had not hooked up with Adam she might have been a decent chief stew.  Her fixation on attracting and pleasing Adam turned her into a nasty mean girl. This is truely a poisonous relationship. I hope it is over and done with. 

Very reminiscent of Hannah and Conrad.  

It was obvious that Adam just wanted a "boatmance".  A temporary hook-up while they are sailing and then, part ways and call it a day.  I don't like either of them, but I wonder if Adam's situation with Malia has something to do with his behavior with Jenna.

Or, Jenna is just wanting much more than Adam is ready to give and he is freaking out about it.  She seems to want to jump in and have a happily ever after instead of a short term relationship.  

• Love 5

Adam is such a bitch. His tantrum was embarrassing. Why Jenna would wanna stay with that psycho I don’t know. What a toxic douche. He should live alone in a van. Not with a dog tho he doesn’t deserve a dog’s love. Also Adam never wants conflict. Good luck with that lol.

That sailing was crazy and not something that’s on my list. Just doesn’t seem fun to be almost tipping over. The charter guest made me laugh during it tho.

Damn Jenna and her dad story got to me.

Chris still seems pretty cool. I did the feet fish thing in Mexico it feels weird but after your feet feel nice. IDK why Chris is going so hard for Georgia tho. 

Georgia is annoying with her Paget obsession. It’s fucked up. He needs to stop with the flirting too. His stupid push ups in front of her was so lame. Last minute working out isn’t going to change anything so that’s just to show off in front of her. I do feel bad they made him do it tho if he was really nervous. He looked pretty good tho.

Georgia singing again boring.

Jenna making someone cover for her so she can talk to Adam what a joke. Super bad chief stew.

• Love 14
(edited)

If I was Madison I would have shot Jenna the biggest death glare ever when she basically hustled the fastest she's ever hustled (besides when it comes to groping Adam's dick) to see what the drama was about. Ugh.

ETA: Now that's much closer to the kind of sailing I'm used to doing here in the SF bay (especially out past the GG Bridge). When you're so tilted, you could touch the water. Not that it isn't scary AF sometimes, but it certainly is exhilarating (if you try not to think of drowning or sharks). 😅

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Jesus Glenn on WWHL is so up Jenna and Adam's asses it is absurd. I think he might want a threesome. At least Andy is not throwing soft ball questions. 

I completely agree with you.  Based on his appearance last night on WWHL my opinion of him slipped down a few notches.  Maybe still being quarantined in Spain on the Parsifal is getting to him. 

• Love 7

I understood both Georgia's and Madison's points during their argument.  Georgia was trying to be helpful and Madison saw it as a violation of her trust(rightly so). I give props to Georgia for informing Madison before someone else had the chance to, and props to Madison for being able to forgive and move on.

I don't like Jenna one bit, because she is fake and also a bully.  That being said,  Adam was gaslighting her with his silent treatment and his verbal manipulation of the situation.  Jenna needs to cut this fool out of her life.

• Love 24
7 hours ago, Marley said:

Damn Jenna and her dad story got to me.

Didn't she reference that he was also an angry manipulative asshole in a previous episode, explaining why she was so drawn to Adam?  But now his life's goal was to make people laugh?  Which is it?  Yeah, I basically don't trust a word out of her mouth.

According to Adam, they're not together but did spend half of quarantine trying to work on their relationship. As others have mentioned, Glenn was a useless kiss ass.

• Love 16

That poor delivery guy that Adam was yelling at. Ugh, Adam is THE WORST. He did indicate on WWHL that he won’t be working on boats anymore after this, so that’s something.

I’m still mystified as to why luxury yacht life is being combined with sailing when it causes the luxury items to be thrown around and broken.  I think the two different types of experiences should be separated, and that it’s weird to put such an enormous yacht at such risk by making it a sailboat instead of just a motor vessel.  

Im tired of being subjected to Georgia’s affected style of singing. I don’t think this show is going to propel her into musical stardom. 

• Love 19
24 minutes ago, Irritable said:

That poor delivery guy that Adam was yelling at. Ugh, Adam is THE WORST. He did indicate on WWHL that he won’t be working on boats anymore after this, so that’s something.

I’m still mystified as to why luxury yacht life is being combined with sailing when it causes the luxury items to be thrown around and broken.  I think the two different types of experiences should be separated, and that it’s weird to put such an enormous yacht at such risk by making it a sailboat instead of just a motor vessel.  

Im tired of being subjected to Georgia’s affected style of singing. I don’t think this show is going to propel her into musical stardom. 

Amen regarding Georgia's singing. She's not bad, but it sounds so put on, unnatural, etc. And does she just have that one song? If not, all of her songs sound the same and that ain't good. 

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, JennMatMusic33 said:

Amen regarding Georgia's singing. She's not bad, but it sounds so put on, unnatural, etc. And does she just have that one song? If not, all of her songs sound the same and that ain't good. 

I remember thinking last night that it was a different song, but I wouldn't swear by it.  In the pop up repeat of the prior episode, they said Paget would compare her voice to Amy Winehouse.  Uh, hard no.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, spunky said:

I understood both Georgia's and Madison's points during their argument.  Georgia was trying to be helpful and Madison saw it as a violation of her trust(rightly so). I give props to Georgia for informing Madison before someone else had the chance to, and props to Madison for being able to forgive and move on.

I don't like Jenna one bit, because she is fake and also a bully.  That being said,  Adam was gaslighting her with his silent treatment and his verbal manipulation of the situation.  Jenna needs to cut this fool out of her life.

Georgia, at least, seems self aware.  I appreciated in her talking head she said that wasn't the person she wanted to be.  If it had been Jenna in Georgia's position, she would have told Madison to get over it and probably felt she hadn't done anything wrong.

Also, I cannot believe Jenna put Georgia on service so she could have a talk with Adam. Do that when you are off-duty!  It made me think of how upset Courtney was when he sent her that text while she was working...and how upset she was that now she had to deal with that during work.  And here's Jenna purposely taking care of personal business during work time.  She's so unprofessional.  Her management style is definitely "Do as I say, not as I do."

• Love 14

There is no legitimate job or profession that I can think of that would tolerate let alone condone the type and amount of PDA and obnoxious harassing behavior displayd by Jenna and Adam. They would have been called into HR and told to knock it off or hit the road. I guess the operative word is legitimate. This show just proves at least to me that there is nothing real about Bravo reality shows. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Marley said:

That sailing was crazy and not something that’s on my list. Just doesn’t seem fun to be almost tipping over.

this is probably a stupid question, but *could* the boat tip over? That was scary to me.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, dangwoodchucks said:

Wow Jenna, your idea of giving the primary the best trip of her life involves requesting that your subordinate (who’s getting ready to perform for the guests) cover service for you so you can talk to your boyfriend about an argument. Handle your personal shit off charter. She just kicked the “worst chief stew ever” title up a notch.

Adam and his overly dramatic facial expressions make me cringe.

Exactly.  Jenna is a shit chief stew.  You don't shirk your duties because you have to run off and have yet another conversation about your fucked up relationship with your asshole chef.  

Glenn needs to have a convo with both of them about professionalism because they both suck at it.  

I'm sorry to say that I was hoping both Adam and Jenna would be swept overboard when the boat tilted. 

I love Kerry's joy at living.  It's sad that it took a cancer diagnosis to get it but I understand.  I hope for the best for her -- and I also hope this trip, even with Adam and Jenna on board, turned out to be a wonderful experience for her.

• Love 13

According to Google most sailboats are equipped to not tip over - here is what I found...

Do sailboats tip over easily?

Generally speaking, sailboats that have a keel or are water ballasted, can not tip all the way over under normal sailing or cruising conditions. They can not flip upside down and, for the lion's share of sailboats, they are actually self righting in the event of a “blowdown”

For once I'm not upset about Jenna's conversation with the primary because I think their conversation was appropriate at the time.  The primary was talking about her cancer diagnosis - she seems to be very open and aware about what is happening to her - and she did not seem in any way upset about Jenna talking about her father.  These guests are really great so far and the primary's attitude is amazing.  I would hope to be as courageous and upbeat if I was in her situation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Here, I'll top your bouquet of wildflowers with a plastic baggie of trite love notes!  

(Actually, I love wildflowers and would love a bouquet of them--but not from Adam!)

Kerry reminds me (in looks) of a combination of Ally Sheedy and...someone else?  Anyway, I agree with those upthread, this seems to be the sweetest crew of guests ever.

When you find a point of connection in shared family experience with an illness or other tragedy, you still need to tread lightly and with awareness of whether you're taking over with your story rather than truly sympathizing.  I don't think Jenna has that kind of finesse and awareness.

Glenn--no.  You can't just give Adam some time to get over it if you see him berating local service providers.  They may decide to boycott Parsifal!  That was one time when you needed to step in and be firm and not just let it blow over.  Those folk didn't sign on for emotional entanglement like one could argue the regulars did.  "Here, sign this release, you'll be on camera for a few minutes when you bring your fish delivery."  "Well sure!"  RAWR RAWR I'M A CHEF!

• Love 13

OMG- this episode had so many cringe-worthy moments!!! 

Jenna - WTF?!?! - you do not go up to the primary that is stage 4 terminal and make some random quip about dying - luckily the primary let it roll off and mentioned being stage 4 and carpe diem. I can't remember what exactly Jenna said first but wasn't it something like "I would die if..."? I don't know if I want to rewatch to find out. I just remember my mouth dropping wide open when she did it. She has the weirdest conversations with the guests that most times are not even remotely appropriate.  she is also uber clingy and desperate. I was pissed when she had georgia take over service to talk mid charter with Adam - and it wasn't how do we get through this charter. And seriously Adam?!? I did laugh when her weird love notes bombed. 

I did catch one of the repeats with extra notes and one of them was that if Jenna could be on any other bravo show it would be a real housewives of any city. That sums her up well. cue eye roll. Madison said Project Runway which made me like her more. 

Paget had a couple creepy jealousy moments such as when he saw Georgia dressed up to go out to the fish spa. Dude your girlfriend is on the ship with you!!! shut that down! 

Adam was out of control and should have been reprimanded immediately. Did Glenn see him berate the delivery guy? I can't remember. That was unacceptable. While I can understand Glenn's comment that telling someone to Calm Down never works and at that point Adam was just banging around in the galley. But that should have been shut down. Tell him to go walk the dock and then come back ready to work. 

I'm glad Georgia and Madison were able to move past it - and I appreciated that Georgia said I'm sorry and told her upfront realizing she made a mistake. I do feel bad that anytime Madison is upset that it gets blamed to her sister. She has had every right to be frustrated by what she is dealing with on the boat. Negating it by putting it to her family drama gives everyone an excuse to ignore it and not address what they are doing that is making the situation worse. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, dleighg said:

this is probably a stupid question, but *could* the boat tip over? That was scary to me.

In extremely windy storm conditions in which there are also waves overpowering the boat, sure. But sailboats have keels in proportion to their size that prevent this from happening. I do wish sometimes with their underwater shots they'd show the keel of the boat. How many times do we need to see the anchor dropping? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

How many times do we need to see the anchor dropping? 

what do you want to bet we're seeing the same anchor shot each time? But thanks for your answer-- my only experience with sailboats is when my family owned a sunfish when I was a teen, and yeah that can flip, which terrified me the first time it happened!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, dleighg said:

what do you want to bet we're seeing the same anchor shot each time? But thanks for your answer-- my only experience with sailboats is when my family owned a sunfish when I was a teen, and yeah that can flip, which terrified me the first time it happened!

Good point about the anchor shot.

Also, I find sailing on a sunfish dinghy to be much more scary than a sailboat! I might still be scarred from when I did that on a trip with my ex-boyfriend and we almost tipped so many times (plus we were surrounded by jellyfish, so I really was not in the mood to end up in the water). 

• Love 4

I had to laugh when Cptn Glen was talking the bad stuff to do on a sail boat and after each thing theres a picture of Adam doing it. "Oh dont whistle"- Adam whistling

"Oh dont bring bananas onboard- Adam with bananas

Adam is nothing but trouble. All around

• Love 11
(edited)
59 minutes ago, tinaw said:

I had to laugh when Cptn Glen was talking the bad stuff to do on a sail boat and after each thing theres a picture of Adam doing it. "Oh dont whistle"- Adam whistling

"Oh dont bring bananas onboard- Adam with bananas

Adam is nothing but trouble. All around

Well production was kind of loading the dice. They always pick out somebody they don’t like and put the worst kind of package together.

Don't get me wrong Adam is a psycho and out of line with his banging of Jenna but he is no worse than Ben who gets a much better edit. Ben’s diva behavior was much worse as he blows up about everything. I think the blow up about the provisions was played up by Adam for the cameras.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 3

I really like the primary and I pray for her 🙏. I feel like I have seen her somewhere before though. Maybe just a familiar face. 
All the guests seemed great. Now the crew. Enough said. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I don’t feel one bit sorry for Jenna.  She said that she always goes for this kind of relationship and wasn’t ready to break the cycle.  Adam didn’t seduce her.  She practically lassoed and branded him.   I can’t stand people who are clearly screwed up and then counsel others on what they should do to make a relationship work.  The rest of the show zzzzzzzzzz.

Edited by Pattycake2
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I remember thinking last night that it was a different song, but I wouldn't swear by it.  In the pop up repeat of the prior episode, they said Paget would compare her voice to Amy Winehouse.  Uh, hard no.

Welp I’m now convinced that either a) Paget has never actually heard a song by Amy Winehouse or b) Paget is deaf.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Does Adam ever talk about his upbringing and why he is so troubled? He didn’t seem ^as^ angry on BDM (the episodes I have seen) but on Sailing Yacht he is pissed off 75% of the time and very emotionally abusive towards Jenna, the delivery man and a couple others. It’s weird that he prefers life alone in a van. Who is this guy and where did he come from (grow up, family, etc)? 

Paget and Georgia have it bad for each other-I really feel for Ciara! Chris is sweet and good looking, but he’s not a challenge to Georgia like Paget. I too thought Paget being shy was very endearing! 

My take on Madison’s emotional outburst at dinner? I think she is still secretly down that Parker rejected her romantically (and then left on top of it). So, here comes a new, really cute deckhand and I think she was hoping HE would be her guy/hookup since Georgia has a flirtation with Paget. But Chris chose Georgia too and I think that was the final straw. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

Exactly! That was my major cringe moment in the show. I said before that Jenna (aside from other things) was clueless, but really? The first thing you say to the woman involves dying from cancer??? Once again, Jenna makes everything about her.

And didn't she say she something like she could die tomorrow happy because of working on the yacht?  So inappropriate.  This poor woman goes on this cruise, knowing her diagnosis, to forget her problems and Jenna makes it about Jenna.  I take care of people with cancer daily and never tell them about the family members I have had that died from it.  

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Does Adam ever talk about his upbringing and why he is so troubled? He didn’t seem ^as^ angry on BDM (the episodes I have seen) but on Sailing Yacht he is pissed off 75% of the time and very emotionally abusive towards Jenna, the delivery man and a couple others. It’s weird that he prefers life alone in a van. Who is this guy and where did he come from (grow up, family, etc)? 

Adam was creepy as hell on his first season. Calling women sluts who dared to question him, spite cooking food for guests who dared to make special requests, creeping over Malia and telling her he loved her after 4 days when they barely knew each other and had only kissed. He wasn't a "bad boy". He was a love bombing restraining order waiting to happen. His behaviour on Sailing Yacht is the same but with amped up anger at people who dare question him. I can't think of the right word to describe his energy. I get a strong "incel who has managed to have sex" vibe from him. I have to wonder what Jenna is used to if she thinks she's in love with him. I know we are only seeing what the editors want us to but there hasn't been a single endearing moment from him that would explain things. Although I'm with him in that sending love notes is ridiculous. You're not 12 years old, Jenna!

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Iris987 said:

Adam was creepy as hell on his first season. Calling women sluts who dared to question him, spite cooking food for guests who dared to make special requests, creeping over Malia and telling her he loved her after 4 days when they barely knew each other and had only kissed. He wasn't a "bad boy". He was a love bombing restraining order waiting to happen. His behaviour on Sailing Yacht is the same but with amped up anger at people who dare question him. I can't think of the right word to describe his energy. I get a strong "incel who has managed to have sex" vibe from him. I have to wonder what Jenna is used to if she thinks she's in love with him. I know we are only seeing what the editors want us to but there hasn't been a single endearing moment from him that would explain things. Although I'm with him in that sending love notes is ridiculous. You're not 12 years old, Jenna!

Thank you for this! I’ve only seen Season 3 (BDM), will have to watch more. Others on here have given info on him before that makes me think he is on the sociopath spectrum. He is very humorless too. Very creepy guy, Jenna needs help. He, though, likely is beyond help. Sociopaths don’t change. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

I’ve only seen Season 3 (BDM), will have to watch more. Others on here have given info on him before that makes me think he is on the sociopath spectrum.

He must have been on Xanax during Season 3. He was completely different. I just got Hayu, which is the Australian poormans version of Hulu and actually watched Season 2 last weekend so it is very fresh in my mind. I wouldn't be going on any cross country road trips in his van with Season 2 or BD Sailing Yacht Adam. I enjoy living too much.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sage47 said:

Does Adam ever talk about his upbringing and why he is so troubled? He didn’t seem ^as^ angry on BDM (the episodes I have seen) but on Sailing Yacht he is pissed off 75% of the time and very emotionally abusive towards Jenna,

My theory is Adam is a classic narcissist and loner. Jenna is manipulative, selfish and needy. Jenna set her sights on Adam and he was more than happy to go along...especially with the sexual benefits that come with the relationship. Then, when Jenna starts ramping up the dynamics, it becomes 'too much trouble' for Adam and he reverts to Mr. Angry Intolerant. 

Edited by aqusdealer
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

I completely agree with you.  Based on his appearance last night on WWHL my opinion of him slipped down a few notches.  Maybe still being quarantined in Spain on the Parsifal is getting to him. 

I haven't seen it but he seems like the type who'd just take the high road regardless of the people or situation.

He has nothing to gain by denigrating people so no matter how much Bravo wanted him to stir things up, he may not be that kind.

Then again he did sign up for the show, unless he never watched or heard about the other BD shows or Bravo in general.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Snickerdoodle said:

Georgia, at least, seems self aware.  I appreciated in her talking head she said that wasn't the person she wanted to be.  If it had been Jenna in Georgia's position, she would have told Madison to get over it and probably felt she hadn't done anything wrong.

Also, I cannot believe Jenna put Georgia on service so she could have a talk with Adam. Do that when you are off-duty!  It made me think of how upset Courtney was when he sent her that text while she was working...and how upset she was that now she had to deal with that during work.  And here's Jenna purposely taking care of personal business during work time.  She's so unprofessional.  Her management style is definitely "Do as I say, not as I do."

Jenna is working really hard at being the worst Cheif stew in Below Deck history. 

• Love 9