Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Love Can't Wait

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Mayo is made with eggs.

Exactly.  I'm shocked someone who has a skin condition and is prone to rashes is slathering mayo all over their head knowing how common egg allergies are and how people can develop allergies as they age.  My dad is now allergic to avocados.....in his 70s.....what a blow he has been dealt!  No instagrammable avocado toast for him!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Exactly.  I'm shocked someone who has a skin condition and is prone to rashes is slathering mayo all over their head knowing how common egg allergies are and how people can develop allergies as they age.  My dad is now allergic to avocados.....in his 70s.....what a blow he has been dealt!  No instagrammable avocado toast for him!

Your body changes every 7 years or so. I developed a seafood allergy in my 20s. I can barely walk by the fish area at the grocery store without itching. Former coworkers being thoughtless asses heated up fish in the microwave regularly. After enough Benadryl, I complained and a sign went up to not microwave fish there.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
Just now, Frozendiva said:

Your body changes every 7 years or so. I developed a seafood allergy in my 20s. I can barely walk by the fish area at the grocery store without itching. Former coworkers being thoughtless asses heated up fish in the microwave regularly. After enough Benadryl, I complained and a sign went up to not microwave fish there.

The stank is enough reason to ban that.

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Former coworkers being thoughtless asses heated up fish in the microwave regularly.

Most jobs have a rule banning cooking fish, cabbage etc.  I'm allergic to fin fish and just a whiff will send me into an asthma like attack.

OK, who here does not know that Nigeria is a no-stop-in-US-country?  No one, no one?  Only idiots on tv.

Gotta say, can't wait to see Darcy lose it AGAIN.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

The "industry" bud had a "Reefer Madness" movie poster framed on his wall.

Oh! So he sold weed at the smoke pit in high school and still hooks up his friends with shwaggy shit and thinks he's the big time now. Got it. 

I can't figure it out: maybe TLC had some moral stance against showing actual weed? Or are they just showing us how easily she falls for a scam?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

My Gawd.  The cringe factor this season is HIGH really early in the game.  Between mayo hair treatment, lack of condom usage, MJ leaves, age distortion, preteen emoji texting, text dictation, and waxing, I am dying laughing. 

giphy.gif

I had lunch with a friend today that watches the show and we cannot wait for more of the Darcey trainwreck.  Eventually, we'll get a to a place where it is more sad than funny, but...here we goooo!

Ed and Lisa are so far in the running for biggest initial WTF.  The lady from Vegas and the non-British guy may work b/c of the rule on this show of 2 lies=all good. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

So Big Ed needs 1000 threadcount sheets because of his skin condition and yet he's able to wear what appears to be regular cotton tops?

Unless you get the super-expensive 1000 thread count sheets, you probably wouldn't notice much over 400-500 thread count. What helped my skin/winter eczema was changing to unscented detergent/softener/dryer sheet and buying a humidifier.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Angela 2.0's friend looks like a poor man's Elle King, and between that and her real talk I like her and I'm hoping we see lots more of her. #voiceofreason

6 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Unless you get the super-expensive 1000 thread count sheets, you probably wouldn't notice much over 400-500 thread count. What helped my skin/winter eczema was changing to unscented detergent/softener/dryer sheet and buying a humidifier.

Have you tried dryer balls instead of sheets? There's no residue and they work about as well as dryer sheets. Plus you can use them for something like 400 loads, and there's no trash.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Yolanda should have asked her internet savvy kids about "Williams" sending her a DM on Instagram. I intermittently get strangers wanting to communicate with me on Instagram and I block them. And I mostly post pictures of my cats on Instagram.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I was always home on Saturday nights (le sigh) so Love Boat and Fantasy Island were the must see TV for me. 

Me too. My Saturday night lineup was:  “BJ. and The Bear”, “Love Boat” and “Fantasy Island”.  In those days, we only had one T.V., so we’d all gather in the living room. I missed those days and my Dad.

Most of these participants are fairly good looking and seem normal. I can’t help but wonder why they had to go this route to meet a mate. Clearly, Yolanda doesn’t know a British accent. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Angela 2.0's friend looks like a poor man's Elle King, and between that and her real talk I like her and I'm hoping we see lots more of her. #voiceofreason

Have you tried dryer balls instead of sheets? There's no residue and they work about as well as dryer sheets. Plus you can use them for something like 400 loads, and there's no trash.

Maybe when I get a new washer and dryer set.

7 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't get why these people say they are dating when in reality they're just communicating on social media.

ikr? In my day, "dating" meant actually going somewhere to eat, do an activity or socialize. Now it is a euphemism for having sex. 

• Love 17
On 2/23/2020 at 11:58 PM, TrininisaScorp said:

My Gawd.  The cringe factor this season is HIGH really early in the game.

Oh, Lordy, ya ain't seen nothin' yet:

The first half of next week's show is already posted on the TLC site.  It starts with the Silva twins....yipes! They are becoming unrecognizable...

Edited by OldButHappy
s
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Ucross said:

ikr? In my day, "dating" meant actually going somewhere to eat, do an activity or socialize. Now it is a euphemism for having sex. 

And Big Pony Ed asked Rosemarie to be his girlfriend. It's like elementary school. And her answer was gold: "You will be my king." Fantastic foundation for a solid relationship. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, kendi said:

And Big Pony Ed asked Rosemarie to be his girlfriend. It's like elementary school. And her answer was gold: "You will be my king." Fantastic foundation for a solid relationship. 

Maybe there's someone for everyone, which warms my heart somewhat.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

So Big Ed needs 1000 threadcount sheets because of his skin condition and yet he's able to wear what appears to be regular cotton tops?

Big Eds t-shirt was filthy during the close ups!  It had lint, dog hair and food stains all over it.

His mother is nice and smart and wise.  He must be her Waterloo!  They look like money!

I have watched several of Dr Phil's shows where men and women are scammed out of thousands of dollars.  They won't believe the scammers aren't real even when presented with evidence.

What's wrong with people?

Will his new girl take over the dogs backpack seat on the scooter or will they be a three some!  Things I ponder.  😎

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Big Eds t-shirt was filthy during the close ups!  It had lint, dog hair and food stains all over it.

His mother is nice and smart and wise.  He must be her Waterloo!  They look like money!

I have watched several of Dr Phil's shows where men and women are scammed out of thousands of dollars.  They won't believe the scammers aren't real even when presented with evidence.

What's wrong with people?

Will his new girl take over the dogs backpack seat on the scooter or will they be a three some!  Things I ponder.  😎

Have you seen the episode where the dude was totally convinced that he'd been chatting with Katy Perry for several years? Even flying him to England and introducing him to the catfish couldn't sway him from thinking it was all just a setup by Katy herself and that he was still talking to her. 

The delusion is strong with some people. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
On 2/18/2020 at 1:01 AM, Leilani said:

I don't why but NO NECK looks so familiar to me, like he either lived in Hawaii or is an actor. I can't find any info on him besides his social media calling himself Big Ed.

Think "Da Plane, Da Plane"

Edited by peacockblue
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 2/21/2020 at 2:10 PM, essexjan said:

Seattle Avery (not to be confused with the other Avery who married the dentist from Syria) is single for a reason. It was obvious from the few minutes we saw of her that she's ultra high-maintenance and a bit of a nutjob. In fact her ex-bf said she was nuts.

Manchester is full of good-looking women, so if Yolande's beau was real, he'd have no problem finding a woman closer to home. Definitely a catfish.

The Nigerian (c)rap singer only wants a green card so he can become a rap megastar in the USA, Both he and Angela Mk II are delusional.

How many times has Knoxville man been married? I'd love to know. As Judge Judy would say, his picker is broken. And he's living proof that he's unable to sustain a long-term relationship. I'm sad he lost his baby son, but could have done without the deathbed photo, even though it was blurred.

I am the same height as Big Ed, although the resemblance stops there. I couldn't help thinking of this whenever I saw him.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-GeQMH3eRQi.jpg

4”11 or 5”2? Big Ed is heightening up.

16 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m already filling up the bowl in my bong so I can take a hit every time I hear “soul mate” tonight. (Legally, of course! I live in MA.) I won’t last long.

My DVR will be exhausted what with Better Call Saul, The Outsider, Outlander, Masterpiece Theatre and Naked and Afraid all on at the same time as 90DF. It’s an embarrassment of riches!

And a new Where are they Now! So mach more Zied! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, ECE said:

I know Manchester accents. He sounds African to me… Just guessing but… Maybe if we do get to meet him in person I’ll be able to hear his accent better. But on that call, he did not sound British to me. 

He sounded tired to me, and the time difference is 7 to 8 hours...so middle of the night for him?

8 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Most jobs have a rule banning cooking fish, cabbage etc.  I'm allergic to fin fish and just a whiff will send me into an asthma like attack.

OK, who here does not know that Nigeria is a no-stop-in-US-country?  No one, no one?  Only idiots on tv.

Gotta say, can't wait to see Darcy lose it AGAIN.

Its absolutely ridiculous to me that you have to promulgate people into basic manners.  You know reheating cabbage and fish is going to stink, why must you be told not to do that in the workplace.  Basic manners!  Like covering your coughs!

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Its absolutely ridiculous to me that you have to promulgate people into basic manners.  You know reheating cabbage and fish is going to stink, why must you be told not to do that in the workplace.  Basic manners!  Like covering your coughs!

People clip their nails and apply makeup on public transportation, so I think common courtesy is close to extinct.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

that's very interesting.  I thought allergies decreased as you aged!!!  This is good information .

• Love 2

Both Lisa and Yolanda seems more like late 50’s/early 60’s?  I would think Yolanda’s man is a catfish but many times we think that and it turns out it isn’t.  

Geoffrey says he hates talking about his past yet he is telling it to millions of people.  

Edited by Laurie4H
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Have you seen the episode where the dude was totally convinced that he'd been chatting with Katy Perry for several years? Even flying him to England and introducing him to the catfish couldn't sway him from thinking it was all just a setup by Katy herself and that he was still talking to her. 

The delusion is strong with some people. 

The one lady who believed she was chatting with Chris Brown.

I do wish they'd stop putting some other show between this one and Pillow Talk, I never watch it in the first airing.  Not gonna sit through the sister wives, teen moms, manicurist shows.  Or Twitney.

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

He sounded tired to me, and the time difference is 7 to 8 hours...so middle of the night for him?

Don't British people still sound British if they wake up in the middle of the night?  This guy sounds NOT British in any way, shape or form to me.

23 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

that's very interesting.  I thought allergies decreased as you aged!!!  This is good information .

I STARTED getting allergy shots at 70.  My doctor refers to my allergies as a "probable function of age."  

19 minutes ago, Laurie4H said:

Geoffrey says he hates talking about his past yet he is telling it to millions of people.  

Does Geoffrey remind anyone else of Paul (of Pole and Karine fame)?  A bit of it is the accent, another bit might be the blue eyes, but there's an underlying lack of being in touch with reality that seems evident to me.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, ECE said:

I REALLY don't think like Yolanda's Manchester boyfriend has a British accent...and she was raving about how sexy a British accent is...??? Anyone else?

It sounded more Middle Eastern to me.  I wonder if he is even in London, you can spoof phone numbers to make it seem you are calling from anywhere.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

eBay must be pretty lucrative for Yolanda if she’s supporting all those kids. Hopefully the adult ones are contributing. Not sure if they all live there though.  

My thought about Yolanda and her resale business is that something does not ring true, she has 6 kids living in what seems like a small house yet there is no clutter, no photos, no personal effects, the one closet we saw was half empty, she shops for items to resell on Ebay, where is her stock?  Where are her mailing supplies or even her computer?

The fact that there are 6 kids and no piles of school stuff, mail, coats or shoes lying around makes me wonder how and why that is. I am sure they are sharing rooms, closest would be on overload.  

BTW, next time I get a text about meeting up with a friend I am going to answer "Yes, mmmm." We need to see more of that wordsmith.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
21 minutes ago, AZChristian said:
45 minutes ago, Laurie4H said:

Does Geoffrey remind anyone else of Paul (of Pole and Karine fame)?  A bit of it is the accent, another bit might be the blue eyes, but there's an underlying lack of being in touch with reality that seems evident to me.

Yes I said the same thing.  Something about his mouth also reminds me of him.  

Edited by Laurie4H
  • Love 1

I am getting a gay vibe off Tennessee man with "so many marriages" or whatever he said that made us all wonder just how many there were. But his love interest seems like one of the coolest chicks we've seen from overseas so far. Is he trying to convince himself he's not gay by going through a buffet of chicks? 

About Yolanda: In most cases people believe their love interest's camera is broken yet that person is still able to update their Insta and FB with photos. Do they justify it by saying the pics are old?  I have to give Yolanda props, though, because she refused to send Williams money. So she gets a little bonus for that. 

• Love 23

Yolanda gets what she deserves. Another one chasing someone out of their league. Weight loss or not, she’s punching above her weight with that dude. Who most decidedly does not have an English accent! She seems to have a sweet personality, a supportive family, and she looks good for her age. She could find someone local, or at her church. But nope, she wants the model. So she gets what she gets and I have no sympathy. Unless it’s all an act like last season’s Caesar. 

I haven’t read through all the comments yet, but the Tennessee guy doesn’t ping anyone’s radar as being gay? Is it the little lisp in his voice that’s making me think that? I don’t know he just seems off to me. 

The no condom lady’s story is going to be 🔥 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I wish mine did! I've brought it up a few times to HR in the 15 years I've been there and even sent links showing that it's a fairly standard don't and usually on office etiquette lists but, for whatever reason, they don't want to go along with it. I wish I could be compensated for the lunches I've had to go outside the workplace for because of the lunchroom being intolerable! I love Brussels sprouts but would never bring them to work. Hmmm, maybe I should say I've developed an allergy. It really does make me nauseous. We also had a no fragrance policy established years ago because a couple of people had serious allergies to certain chemicals but even that's never been enforced.  

• Love 4