Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Love Can't Wait

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

LOL, they kids didn't know? Why did they think they were living in an AirBnB with a camera crew filming them.

I think she explained somewhere that her kids thought she was being filmed because of her "weight loss journey." Too bad she wasn't shown feeding the family healthy food. 

• Love 10

Since Michael had explained that Nigerian mothers expect grandchildren, I wonder if Usman's (or Usben according to my closed captioning this time) will be glad they're not using condoms, although I wouldn't be surprised if Lisa doesn't have totable "aigs"  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Cancun said:

I think the chopsticks may have something to do with their mother’s weight loss?  Perhaps when mama tackled her 150lb weight loss journey, one of the techniques she learned was to use chopsticks as utensils regardless of cuisine. Google it, it really is a weight loss trick as it slows down eating and allows the brain to catch up with “full” signals.  Then the daughters are maybe continuing the technique in order to ensure they remain at their current healthy weights.

Ohhh, perhaps this was filmed when they thought they were going to be on a show about Yolanda's weight loss. 

I still cannot imagine why a show about weight loss would feature people eating unhealthy, sodium laden food, but still.

15 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Hey, does anyone know where I can get a copy of Nigerian rap superstar's SojaBoy's amazing song "Baby Girl Lisa?"

... said no one ever.

lol, I bet you can send $5.99 + shipping and handling and get a customized CD version of "baby girl @mmecorday" sent to you.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I never even noticed what Yolanda's family was eating, nor that anybody was eating chopsticks.  I was paying too much attention to her dumb storyline.

I didn't notice the food because sometimes when the local news interviews a grieving family (especially if they are people of color) the camera person will zoom in and see what's cooking in the pot.  WTF, who the fuck cares what's in the pot when they're talking about a family member who was killed?  I don't get the obsession with food.  However, next time I'll focus on the food instead of listening to the stupid storyline.  

• Love 5

We got a tease of Darcy with red lipstick smeared on her lips and teeth and an Even Paler Than Last time Tom showing up on her doorstep.

Memory serves that Tom gave her a Ye Olde Key to Nowhere...so why is she buying a wedding dress?

Sigh.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

I never even noticed what Yolanda's family was eating, nor that anybody was eating chopsticks.  I was paying too much attention to her dumb storyline.

I wonder how many times they had to shoot that scene to get just the right reaction from the kids.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I didn't notice the food because sometimes when the local news interviews a grieving family (especially if they are people of color) the camera person will zoom in and see what's cooking in the pot.  WTF, who the fuck cares what's in the pot when they're talking about a family member who was killed?  I don't get the obsession with food.  However, next time I'll focus on the food instead of listening to the stupid storyline.  

I think you can, theoretically, do both.  Part of Yolanda's story is her dramatic weight loss, which is why I focused in on the food. 

I'd think she'd want to help develop healthy eating habits in her children.  And given her weight loss, she had to have learned how to eat healthy.  So she knows that burgers, fries, chow mein, fried rice and chicken covered in gravy are just not healthy foods. 

And it wasn't a special occasion, this was just dinner at home without a fruit or vegetable in sight.  

40 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

We got a tease of Darcy with red lipstick smeared on her lips and teeth and an Even Paler Than Last time Tom showing up on her doorstep.

Memory serves that Tom gave her a Ye Olde Key to Nowhere...so why is she buying a wedding dress?

Sigh.....

It's like Darcy's living vision board.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I always get guys who double down on the lie. I'm 5'9". They meet me and decide that I'm 6'1" or 6'2". That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Ha, yup, I've had the same thing happen to me. They generously give my height the fictional inches too.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Sigh.....

How about the teaser? "As far as I know, we're still a couple". What the hell does that even mean? You're either with someone or you're not! Though I maintain that Darcy couldn't care less about having an actual partner. She wants to say she has a guy, brag about her "man", shop for wedding dresses, jet off to England, but she certainly does not want to have a real relationship with anyone. Mostly she wants to show up her sister, who has a long term boyfriend (also in a foreign country); the scrawny, wolfish Florian.

Solja Boy's song had me in stitches. Outing myself as an old--did anyone watch "Rhoda"? Her sister Brenda falls for a guy who's a smarmy user, who says he wrote a song for her. Its that old chestnut "Linda". "When I go to sleep/I never count sheep/I count all the charms/about Linda!". Only of course he substitutes the name "Brenda". Brenda's totally bamboozled, and Rhoda yells, exasperated, "He didn't even have to put in your whole name! He stuck in Bre! nda was already there!" Whenever Lisa's guy's lame song appears I just want someone to get all Exasperated Rhoda. Oh, who am I fooling? I look forward to her disillusionment. I hope she gets stranded in Lagos with no money and no credit card and a case of the crabs, and has to call her no nonsense friend to get her a ticket home and an appointment with the gynecologist. She is terrible.

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
On 2/24/2020 at 12:55 PM, BallisticNikki said:

But that's the thing w/ liars; they never really trust or distrust anyone; they just accept a certain level of suspicion toward everyone. Honesty is relative (to liars).

I don't care if she gets catfished bc she's catfishing him, too, in a way.

They all live w/ her?? But they are 17-29 years old. That's nuts.

I wonder if she told him she has 6  kids? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Sigh.....

She saw it in the window and  said to herself “I can see myself getting married  in that”  

• LOL 6

Sigh.....

I can’t spoil but the first hour of next week is available on demand and explains the wedding dress.

11 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Mostly she wants to show up her sister, who has a long term boyfriend (also in a foreign country); the scrawny, wolfish Florian.

I will take the wolfish Florian over doughy pasty bumbling Tom any day.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

17 hours ago, Spike said:

This prison stuff was explained last night.  He died in prison of kidney issues.

Last night? Something aired Monday night?

7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think I ask during every season, there has to be a name for this syndrome, the need to complicate your life, the need to always be hobbled financially, the inability to just see what is in front of you and deal with it, the intense need for drama...what would that syndrome be named? 

I believe some ppl legitimately thrive on drama. Like if they had a traumatic childhood, their brains are wired that way. I just call them drama queens. 

16 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

Yolanda is dangerously close to "too stupid for sympathy" territory.  She seems like a nice lady, but the relationship should not have progressed beyond "I have  broken camera so you can't see me."  Also, I'm kinda hoping we do get to see an honest to gawd catfish scenario.  

Several seasons ago we all thought we were going to when we met Corny who was in love w/ Antonio who was always "too busy" w/ his modeling career to video chat. But he turned out to be real 🤷‍♀️

49 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I'd think she'd want to help develop healthy eating habits in her children.  And given her weight loss, she had to have learned how to eat healthy.  So she knows that burgers, fries, chow mein, fried rice and chicken covered in gravy are just not healthy foods. 

Did she have weight loss surgery? I think they can continue eating mostly everything but just very small quantities. IDK

• Love 1
1 minute ago, InternetToughGuy said:

I don't think she'll have to do anything, since Ed's gut is already a literal cockblocker

In fact he can’t even see it looking down.

1 minute ago, BallisticNikki said:

Last night? Something aired Monday night?

I posted that yesterday.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, ohcomeon said:

I want to like Yolanda. But my cynical heart says she wanted to do a reality tv show to make some money and the only one that she could do was this one so went and found the catfisher to create a storyline. 

There is no way that this is for real. She has 6 young adult kids and a husband who served hard time? Nah, no way she is that naive. 

Plus, a truly guileless person would not have lied about her own age.

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

In fact he can’t even see it looking down.

I posted that yesterday.

Can he even look down? I mean his eyes may move but with no neck he can’t even see the floor in front of him. I bet his toilet  is a mess. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
2 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Willys asked about "the kids" in their brief convo ....

Yolanda cut years off her real age so maybe she neglected to mention a few of the kids...

Lies upon lies....

She may be dumb enough to admit her eldest is 29.

6 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Willys asked about "the kids" in their brief convo ....

Yolanda cut years off her real age so maybe she neglected to mention a few of the kids...

Lies upon lies....

She's 51 and copped to 45. (only a couple of years older than Darcy LOL).

I'm still trying to unpack that she thinks this super cut, bodybuilder guy would be into her. At 45, or 51. She's an attractive woman but not arm candy for an IG model.

12 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Several seasons ago we all thought we were going to when we met Corny who was in love w/ Antonio who was always "too busy" w/ his modeling career to video chat. But he turned out to be real 🤷‍♀️

Hahahahaha, and if Antonio was an actual model I'll eat my crown, since I am the Queen of Romania.

We also thought that Maria wasn't real (I maintain that she had a dozen guys on a string who sent her money and presents, and gave a cut to some beefy, hairy guy who ran a whole catfish operation with Maria and a slew of other attractive young Ukrainian women, from a basement in Odessa).

And who can forget Melissa, the "nursing student" from Colombia? We were positive she wasn't real either. TLC has to stop tantalizing us in this way! Eventually there has to be a catfish! Maybe this time! Williams certainly seems likely.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Doing the math that would mean Yolanda had Kara at 16 years old...

Better call Kara her a sister....or make Kara 24 years old....

That's young but impressive that she and old boy stayed together for 30 yrs. Impressive but sad.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I think you can, theoretically, do both.  Part of Yolanda's story is her dramatic weight loss, which is why I focused in on the food. 

And it wasn't a special occasion, this was just dinner at home without a fruit or vegetable in sight.  

It's like Darcy's living vision board.  

Maybe she was hoping the food she served would make the news she was dropping on them go down a bit easier?

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Doing the math that would mean Yolanda had Kara at 16 years old...

Better call Kara her a sister....or make Kara 24 years old....

And possibly knocked up at 15.

6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Darcy is 45 now.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Solja Boy's song had me in stitches. Outing myself as an old--did anyone watch "Rhoda"? Her sister Brenda falls for a guy who's a smarmy user, who says he wrote a song for her. 

No one will ever top the song that Woody Harrelson wrote for his girlfriend on "Cheers."  See if you can figure out her name just from the lyrics.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

Hoping Wills is a real person....so the field producer an ask him on camera what is his scam...

Darcy has aged very poorly the past 2 seasons of the show ...the bottom has fallen out...literally and figuratively....she kept herself better when Jessie was tormenting her

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Right? It's gonna be pretty obvious. 

Once upon a time, pre-husband, I was on one of those dating sites and was talking to some dude in the city. He claimed to be 6 feet tall. Okay, works for me! Things progressed, we decided to meet (in a public, neutral place, like you do with these online things) and... he was 5'8" at best. I know, because I'm a hair under 5'11" (he never asked so I never told). My one rule for any date was that he had to be taller than me because I feel like a self-conscious giraffe otherwise. I never saw him for a second date, because I believe that you shouldn't start a relationship based on lies, but I made sure to order dessert that night after dinner since he was picking up the tab. 

The husband is about an inch taller than me, which isn't ideal because I still tower over him in heels but he kinda likes it and I rarely wear heels now anyway. 

Right??  That's the one thing I found almost ALL men lie about, they'll say they're six feet, and you meet and they're no more than 5'10" .  

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Hoping Wills is a real person....so the field producer an ask him on camera what is his scam...

Darcy has aged very poorly the past 2 seasons of the show ...the bottom has fallen out...literally and figuratively....she kept herself better when Jessie was tormenting her

Maybe he is the real guy in the pictures? Maybe he is a scammer or someone who wants to be on TV? Or its a deal with Yolanda? 

Darcy looks worn. 

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm still trying to unpack that she thinks this super cut, bodybuilder guy would be into her. At 45, or 51. She's an attractive woman but not arm candy for an IG model.

Hahahahaha, and if Antonio was an actual model I'll eat my crown, since I am the Queen of Romania.

We also thought that Maria wasn't real (I maintain that she had a dozen guys on a string who sent her money and presents, and gave a cut to some beefy, hairy guy who ran a whole catfish operation with Maria and a slew of other attractive young Ukrainian women, from a basement in Odessa).

And who can forget Melissa, the "nursing student" from Colombia? We were positive she wasn't real either. TLC has to stop tantalizing us in this way! Eventually there has to be a catfish! Maybe this time! Williams certainly seems likely.

There was a catfish. Remember the Christian stripper who fell for someone using photos of a male model? She only appeared on two or three episodes, I think.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh I remember her. She was a stripper, like her mother and grandmother before her! A Stripper Dynasty! But didn't she video chat with her guy? He was very narrow minded and controlling, wanted her to convert? No broken camera for that guy!

I remember that about her story also. She and her guy video chatted. I think the reason she did not go visit him in Algeria was that he did not get/send a mandatory letter. Something like that?

• Love 1

Welcome to InternetToughGuy and his...unique review style!

Not to be a pedant, but Mr. Chaucer also spelled it "Geoffrey."

I wonder...Maybe Yolanda's swain has a Christian name of, say, Bob, and his surname is Williams. But all his life his mates just called him "Williams." So Williams he be.

Soja Boy, oh my little Soja Boy! Dun dun DUN dun dun....Lisa can sing back to him! And, mes amis, let us express Merci that we were only told about her "Brazilian." 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Right??  That's the one thing I found almost ALL men lie about, they'll say they're six feet, and you meet and they're no more than 5'10" .  

I’m 6’3, 220 lbs and shredded, of course. I would love to send you a photo, but my camera is broken. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• LOL 24

I’m 6’2” and it’s actually a pain in the ass.  You hit your head on things, have no leg room on planes and in theaters, and strangers want you to retrieve items from upper shelves at the grocery store.  And some mattresses are not long enough.  Oh to be 5’10”

Edited by Spike
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 2/24/2020 at 6:36 PM, Spike said:

Now if your state ID doesn’t meet federal requirements you need a passport just to fly domestic.

I thought that started in Oct.  I just flew and mine isn't a REAL id yet.  Does anyone know if I get my passport renewed, I have to have a REAL ID as well or is Passport okay for domestic travel starting Oct. 2020. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
3 hours ago, Gobi said:

There was a catfish. Remember the Christian stripper who fell for someone using photos of a male model? She only appeared on two or three episodes, I think.

You mean Marta, stripper at the airport bar! A guy sent her photos of Daya, a male model in Algeria and pretended to be him. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1
On 2/19/2020 at 1:26 PM, kacesq said:

Yay! After a snoozer season of the main show, I hope this season really brings it....

I'm already declaring my hatred for new Angela - just what we need - another pushy, trashy old woman thinking her younger beau loves her and only her (although I suspect Michael is a better actor than Usman)...I am seriously not in the mood, though, for a season of "why are you talking to this witch on insta? Get rid of all this! It's disrespectful to our beautiful onscreen relationship."  Blech.

Oh Yolanda...we are of an age.  Remember when we were younger it took a bit more to impress us than row after row of emojis?  Seriously when did this become the gold standard for romance? All these older ladies who think that a guy who sends a hundred heart emojis means he's the real deal.  It's the absolute least amount of effort.

Big Ed.  We'll see. Love his dog, though.

Re Yolanda and other mature women: 

I’m of a little bit more than a certain age. I will never ever ever understand how a seemingly intelligent, well put together and apparently normal woman who is raising a lovely family could possibly fall for the bullshit a random younger foreigner is slathering on her over the phone. Fluency in emoji just doesn’t cut it. I can see Angela and Angela 2.0 buying it. They’re delusional. And Original Angela deserves whatever shitty hand she’s dealt. But Yolanda, honey, wake the fuck up!! Find a nice man, closer to home and your own age. 

• Love 15