Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Love Can't Wait

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, essexjan said:

Seattle Avery (not to be confused with the other Avery who married the dentist from Syria) is single for a reason. It was obvious from the few minutes we saw of her that she's ultra high-maintenance and a bit of a nutjob. In fact her ex-bf said she was nuts.

Manchester is full of good-looking women, so if Yolande's beau was real, he'd have no problem finding a woman closer to home. Definitely a catfish.

The Nigerian (c)rap singer only wants a green card so he can become a rap megastar in the USA, Both he and Angela Mk II are delusional.

How many times has Knoxville man been married? I'd love to know. As Judge Judy would say, his picker is broken. And he's living proof that he's unable to sustain a long-term relationship. I'm sad he lost his baby son, but could have done without the deathbed photo, even though it was blurred.

I am the same height as Big Ed, although the resemblance stops there. I couldn't help thinking of this whenever I saw him.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-GeQMH3eRQi.jpg

Edd looks a little like Tattoo on the tv version of Fantasy Island.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 11

I was okay with Avery until I saw that she had little kids. The record just screeched to a stop. 
Same thing happened when I saw the looks to me, underage Filipina girl that Big Ed has a hard on for.

Yolanda’s daughter knows the what’s up with “my camera is broken” man. 
Laura makes Big Ang look like a beauty queen. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Yolanda’s daughter knows the what’s up with “my camera is broken” man. 

That’s right up there in “the dog ate my homework” and “the check is in the mail” territory. Desperate women are pathetic, but as entertaining as hell on this show. I’m especially looking at you, Darcy.

• Love 13
On 2/17/2020 at 8:43 PM, RealReality said:

I mean, just so we're all on the same page, Usman recorded like 70 versions of the same song and just changed "Lisa" to "Mary" or "Carol" or "Debbie" or whatever, right? 

The wife and I spotted that right away. A friend of ours actually had a song written about her by an ex; the lyrics were specifically about her, what they did when they were a couple, etc. By contrast, Usman had Lisa's name in the intro but everything else was super-generic "You are my shining star" stuff that could be about anyone.

On 2/19/2020 at 9:15 PM, kendi said:

I'm with you on the hatred for the new Angela. I really did not need to see her getting waxed...then that shot of her legs and the threat of camera panning up. EEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSHHHHH!!! She looks much older than 52 also.

My wife just turned 50, and Angela 2.0 literally looks old enough to be her mom. Also, we both get regular Brazilians and would never DREAM of having a friend in the room when it's happening, let alone showing them afterwards. The only people we show are each other.

Other thoughts:

Why does Las Vegas lady (don't recall her name) think it's a good idea to lie about her age? Does she really think her potential future spouse is never going to find out how old she is? And if/when he DOES find out, won't he be a little mad about being lied to all this time? Real relationships are built on trust. You haven't even met the guy in person yet and you're already BSing him??? If I were him and found out her true age, my first thought would be to wonder what else she'd been lying about.

These people's family and friends are giving them excellent advice (basically, "Don't do this") which is all being ignored.

Knoxville Guy's two teenage/early twentysomething children need to lose the facial hair: all it's doing is making their chins look moldy.

"My camera doesn't work" is the lamest excuse ever for the lack of a selfie. Smartphones come with two cameras. You're telling me they're BOTH broken???

There's something going on with Seattle Yoga Weed Lady. As Mrs. RaiderDuck pointed out, she likely could have gone home with someone at that very bar that evening with what she was wearing and her natural good looks. Why does she feel the need to seek someone out across the ocean?

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Love 18

Every time I see the commercial for the new season, the first woman who talks about "this is my soul mate," reminds me so much of Hayley Paige that I think it's a commercial for "Say Yes to the Dress." 

edited to add: Her name is Stephanie and she's the one who is in a relationship with another woman

Edited by magemaud
3 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m already filling up the bowl in my bong so I can take a hit every time I hear “soul mate” tonight. (Legally, of course! I live in MA.) I won’t last long.

My DVR will be exhausted what with Better Call Saul, The Outsider, Outlander, Masterpiece Theatre and Naked and Afraid all on at the same time as 90DF. It’s an embarrassment of riches!

I am recording Dr. Who and The Outsider today. Will record the rerun of Better Call Saul tomorrow. DVR can only record two shows at a time and there are conflicts.

And WTF is up with these women who think emojis are so romantic? I mean, they're a tap of a finger. You can actually send one to your boss by mistake! Have standards dropped so low?

But he put a rose by her name! It's like "The Bachelor!"

• LOL 15
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, ECE said:

I REALLY don't think like Yolanda's Manchester boyfriend has a British accent...and she was raving about how sexy a British accent is...??? Anyone else?

Northern accents are thicker too, think the Beatles.

• Love 6

I REALLY don't think like Yolanda's Manchester boyfriend has a British accent...and she was raving about how sexy a British accent is...??? Anyone else?

Especially since people from Manchester tend to have really thick accents. Think Noel and Liam Gallagher from Oasis.

• Love 4

Why, oh why, are people so threatened by and so jealous of social media?  And why do people let social run their lives? Drives me nuts. If you can't trust somebody, you can't trust them.  You forcing them to "tighten up" their FB is not going to make them any more reliable.  

And poor Yolanda.  She seems like such a nice lady.  I cannot believes she's falling for his phone broken BS.  Like he doesn't have friends whose phones he could borrow to Facetime her?  I think it will not end well for her.  But I suppose if her story were to have gone terribly wrong right in the beginning, TLC wouldn't have even bothered to start her story.

Edited by Mswldflwr
  • Love 13

Big Ed 😂🤣😂 

Tattoo girl seems perfectly lovely but insecure. We're in for a treat here 

Another Angela/Mahckle middle aged Caucasian with a young Nigerian. So many details are exactly the same but this time we get to witness the Coochie Prep. Yay. Plus now I can't get that song out of my head "I'll go there for you girrrrl" 

Geoffrey seems like a sad sap of a man. Why can't he find him a good ole country girl from Tennessee? I think he's too vulnerable after losing a child to be chasing some Russian chick. 

What the hell is wrong with Yolanda??? Maybe she still feels like the 300 pound woman inside. I can't believe she fell for the broken camera line. Catfish 101! Where is this so called British accent? He's sounding like Zied to me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21

And if that sad, freezer-burnt crystal-less leaf is what your buddy who is in the "industry" passes over to you, you might wanna look for a new hookup.

The "industry" bud had a "Reefer Madness" movie poster framed on his wall.

• LOL 11

Ed and Rosemarie - find a cute woman in the area where you take your dog Teddy for a walk. Rosemarie is 30 years younger than you and that age difference can be a bit creepy.  She seems evasive, cuts the conversation when you ask her anything about her background. Red flags. Also a single parent to a young child. The hair mayo doesn't do much - go to a hair salon and ask your stylist what kind of product you should be using. I'd like nice buttery 1000 thread count sheets too, but not in the budget at this time. Some of the problem with your rash may be the laundry soap or fabric softener residue and you may just need to switch to unscented products. Rosemarie is probably using you to get out of a desperate circumstance.

Geoffrey and Vanya - Geoffrey seems to have a lot of red flags about him. Vanya seems to have a job and most likely can travel out of Russia. If I was her, I'd do a Google search on him. He doesn't want his friend because she knows him too well.

Avery and the Aussie dude - Cooking with Cannabis hasn't really taken off just yet. Great that you can live in a place where you can do healthy stuff and spend time on the beach. You have two kids from two previous relationships. Be careful or you may have a third. Check out the life coach type dude and that most of his clients are women. He may be on the up and up, or he may take advantage of all of the women.

Lisa and Nigerian hip hop dude - girl, maybe find yourself a working brain and maybe put some of the body wax on it. The Days of Our Lives Salem Brain may like travelling. There is being a diamond in the rough needing a little polishing, but right now you are still in the coal stage. Your Nigerian hip hopper may genuinely have affection for you, but you will need some help to keep him. Mostly superficial stuff - like a properly fitting bra, straightening or doing something with the hair, some skin treatments. And some work on what comes out of your mouth. You seem to just want him like a boytoy, but you have little respect for him and it is all about you and getting satisfied. He will have female fans - those pay the bills. If he is famous, you share him with the fans. Unless he is desperate for a Green Card, you and he make no sense unless it's a week long vacation fling.

Yolanda and Williams - Yolanda, do some sleuthing of your own to see if Williams is really Williams. Google can be a good friend - look up his name to see if he checks out and if he is listed in the company he works for, do an image search. There are some Internet ghosts (like my Luddite relatives who probably have zero digital imprint) but most people have something about them online. I know I hate taking photos or selfies and I always look like crap in them. My Luddite relatives have photos of me and if I remind them enough, they may eventually send me a copy. Your Williams can buy a cheap webcam and hook it up to his computer or phone or whatever. Or find a friend who has a working phone camera to call you and he can say hello to you for real. Maybe he is real and is the guy in the photo and just has some bad circumstance, or he may see you being a lonely, vulnerable recent widow as a prime target to get some cash and maybe get to the US. Listen to your kids, go with your daughter to Manc, but have a hotel booked and arrange to meet him in a public place.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

And WTF is up with these women who think emojis are so romantic? I mean, they're a tap of a finger. You can actually send one to your boss by mistake! Have standards dropped so low

During the show, with hubs sitting next to me, I pulled out my phone and typed, "I love you SO MUCH!" followed by lips and many many hearts, followed by "You are my LIFE!" followed by many more hearts......you all get the idea.  He said "This would be exhausting!!!"   I told him on some random Saturday I was going to send timed texts to him every two hours with the same stuff.  He was like, no thanks, lol.

Avery:  Can't stand her already.

Hubby played a drinking game where every time someone said one of the following, he took a sip:  "Soul Mate" "Secret" "Red Flag" "Giving up Everything" "I Love my Kids More Than Anything" "I Deserve Love" "This Could Be My Last Chance" or "He/She Would Not Lie to Me".......he has been asleep for 20 minutes.  Snoring.

Goeffrey: (sp?) You are not emotionally ready to be in a relationship.  You are never healed from the death of a child, but please address this before getting into it with anyone.  You seem okay - just find a girl in Tennessee.  Listen to your Russian friend.

Ed:  Telling your MOM you are sleeping with her on the first night (in all fairness, she asked) was a little over the line.  Get a hotel and bring your own sheets.  The age difference is a little creepy.  I would be embarrassed if I was his daughter, too.  "Hi!  Here is my dad, a walking stereotype!"  

Yolanda:  I wanted one of her kids to say, "Look, Mom, we want you to be happy, too!!  We just don't want you to be taken advantage of!"  Him asking for money was a biggie.  She seems very well put together and employed, I am sure she could land a nice man someplace on the west coast!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, ECE said:

I know Manchester accents. He sounds African to me… Just guessing but…

Definitely! Nothing British about his accent, from Manchester or anywhere else in the UK.

"Williams" is a typical Nigerian catfish scam last name, and London is a place they often fake being from. They have a big Nigerian community and they often pick up cash in person for the catfish, and they're in on it.

• Useful 4
  • Love 18