Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Love Can't Wait

• Start Topic

I don't like Geoffrey's mouth. He has way too many teeth. And they are each the exact same square shape, yet I think they're real.

I finally heard Williams's phone voice. WTH?! Is he always just coming out of anaesthesia? What a mushmouth!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Granny58 said:

He sounded tired to me, and the time difference is 7 to 8 hours...so middle of the night for him?

and

11 hours ago, essexjan said:

Definitely not a Manchester accent, tired or not. That was an African accent. Also the background in the photos didn't look like Manchester.

Definitely a scammer, but then she's also lied to him about her age.

Agreed. I said it during the show and I love that on Pillow Talk they all agreed: NOT a British accent.

Edited by ECE
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, StrongbyDefault said:

I think the reason for all the "he's not really British" comments is not because his country of residence is necessarily in question (although it kind of is), it's because Yolanda specifically made a point of going to a puddle over his "British" accent that he clearly does NOT have.  

^ Yes, THIS.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

What the hell is wrong with Yolanda??? Maybe she still feels like the 300 pound woman inside. I can't believe she fell for the broken camera line. Catfish 101! Where is this so called British accent? He's sounding like Zied to me. 

Yolanda:

Two of her daughters eating hamburgers fries & spaghetti wth chopsticks? Huh? 

Did this bug anyone else? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

7 hours ago, AnnMarie17 said:

YESSSSS! Thank you for saying that!  I told Mr. AnneMarie that I get strong "Pole" vibes from Geoffrey, but he could NOT see it.  He utterly refuted it solely on the basis that Geoffrey doesn't look like an upright alligator when running...BUT IT'S STILL THERE.

I feel seen and validated, AZChristian...much appreciated. 

Seconded.  Maybe there's something about a shady criminal past that shows on your face.

And what the hell with Lisa?  Do these people forget they're on a television show?  I'll bet employers love when people talk about going raw dog with African strangers.

Edited by Kangatush
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

I agree that Yolanda’s “house” is an Airbnb. That “Farmhouse” Hobby Lobby sign on the wall definitely does not seem her style. Part of me feels bad for her, but a bigger part of me just wants to slap some sense into her. All it takes are a few emojis to make her think she found her soulmate?  In addition to the lack of British accent, he could barely form a cohesive sentence; meanwhile she’s giggling like a school girl. Wake up, woman! Her children have more common sense and maturity. She’s trying to sound all young & hip by saying, “He slid into my DMs.”  CRINGE. 

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

LOL, is that against the law or something?

against the law?  No.  Weird?  Yup!

Yolanda is dangerously close to "too stupid for sympathy" territory.  She seems like a nice lady, but the relationship should not have progressed beyond "I have  broken camera so you can't see me."  Also, I'm kinda hoping we do get to see an honest to gawd catfish scenario.  

The country boy and the russian girl aren't very interesting yet.

Lisa is utterly repellent.  Gross.  There's no way some young, healthy dude without some sort of mental disorder is going to be interested in her.

Ed makes some funny faces.  lol.  

OMG Darcey and Stacey look like monsters.  They look like some sort of caricatures of human beings.  Or characters from the Fat Albert cartoon or something.  

I don't like the way the phrase "social media" is used all the time.  There's something annoying about it.  "He gets lot's of attention from females on his social media."  "we met on social media."  Just say "we met on the internet."  Don't really know why it bugs me...just sounds dopey.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I seem to recall an episode of Intervention from several seasons ago where an older man blew through most of his savings (I think he even took out a second on his house) to send to a Nigerian scammer.  When his son found out and confronted him with evidence it was a scam, he was extremely offended and referred to the Nigerian catfish as his "friend."  Ugh.  

Aww, I remember this. He was like a combination of Gary Busey, Jeff Daniels, and Doc from Back to the Future. It was so sad because the scammers were exploiting him so badly. It reminded me of Guy Pearce in Memento. Once he went to treatment, the doctors discovered he had mental illness and he seemed so relieved to know that it was manageable and was able to put the scammers and his drug addiction to rest. I think I cried after that episode. I’m no doctor, but I do think some of the 90 Dayers have some untreated mental illnesses too.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

OMG Darcey and Stacey look like monsters.  They look like some sort of caricatures of human beings.  Or characters from the Fat Albert cartoon or something.

They look like those Spitting Image puppets that were in the music video for Land of Confusion by Genesis.

7E20E1DC-3A14-4487-A928-6DB4F7EE86EB.jpeg

Edited by Spike
  • LOL 16
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

As a shorter-than-average man (5' 7''), I can attest that some women are just not interested in short guys. The heart wants what it wants.

As an example: On a 20/20 episode years ago, John Stossel invited in a bunch of women off the street and showed them two guys behind glass: one was 5 feet tall and the other was 6 feet tall. He asked the women which they'd date. They ALL picked the tall guy. So he brought in another group of women, this time telling them the short guy made more money than the tall guy. Same result. So he kept changing it to favor the short guy more. He finally got it to 50/50 when he told the women that the short guy was an independently wealthy Rhodes Scholar who was also an Olympic athlete, and the tall guy was an unemployed ex-con living in his mom's basement.

And it gets even more complicated. I sit next to a bisexual woman at work. One day, our area of work began talking about relationships and she said that she's only interested in guys who are taller than she is and women who are shorter than she is.

TL,DR: Dating is complicated.

It really depends. I've met sub-5' women who would only date men 6' or taller--I didn't bother trying to figure out how that worked out. I'm bi as well, yet at 5'6 I wouldn't date a man over 6'--they make me claustrophobic. I like someone around 3-4 inches taller or shorter than me, regardless of gender. My wife is 1" taller than me and it's GREAT--double the wardrobe!

Also, and this is not directed at you personally but generally to the boards, gentle reminder that just because someone doesn't act the way you think they should, or act super attracted to the 60 year old chimney barrelling toward them, or has manicured eyebrows, doesn't mean they're gay. Unless someone says "I actively am not attracted to the gender of my partner," you can go ahead and assume their orientation is what they say it is. Being gay is tough enough without being lumped in with the weirdos.

Edited by monagatuna
clarification
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, blubld43 said:

I won't judge him for his height.  I WILL judge him all day if it turns out he's been less than truthful about being 4'11" , lying about something significant is a deal breaker.

I work with a young man who is exactly Ed's height (the similarities end there though). My co worker is nice looking, he's in good shape, and takes good care of himself overall. He makes decent money and is an all around nice guy but he really struggles in the dating world. Another co worker of ours who's gay once told him he'd have a better chance at finding a partner if he were gay instead of straight since most men don't have a hangup about dating someone shorter. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Maybe the Air BnB didn’t have any/enough cutlery for everyone, but they found some chopsticks in the junk drawer. I picture all 6 of Yolanda’s kids huddled upstairs in completely empty rooms,  waiting to be called down to “dinner”. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, Leilani said:

Ok, who eats french fries and hamburgers with chopsticks?

mpif93xcqvi41.jpg

Haha I was wondering too!

Glad I wasn't just seeing things.

Edited by xls
for some reason the page reloaded
  • Love 3

Ed admits he has KFP and I'm not sure why they wouldn't say it on the show. It's not any secret. Maybe they're afraid people won't talk shit about him if they know there is a medical reason he has no neck, but sure they would.

I actually saw some of his Instagram before the season started and thought he had a good sense of humor about himself, so I fully expect to hate him. 

Other than Ed, the only other person I think I may like is Yolanda, and I think she knows he's a catfish and is playing around for airtime for reasons that are yet unclear. I hope she doesn't ruin my opinion of her being a decent person because it's been a long while since this show has had someone to really root for. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Leilani said:

mpif93xcqvi41.jpg

It's weird I remember this scene because Yolanda was putting out some sort of PF Chang's looking Chinese food takeout.  It was in black containers and I remembered there being fried rice and stir fry noodles.  She also weirdly had a ton of chicken wings on a plate.  I remember it because I thought "gosh, that is so much food and none of it looks healthy" 

I wonder if....like someone else said, they just ran out of cutlery and used chopsticks.  

• Love 6

I didn't get a neck like Lisa's until I hit 70. 

About Yolanda's dinner scene: It looked completely staged to me, just to set the scene for a family gathering. Nobody was really eating. So utensils didn't matter.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Irritable said:

I'm now a nervous wreck worrying about poor Yolanda.  She is lonely and naïve, has been out of the dating world for 30 years and has no idea what it's really like out there.  I just want to wrap a blanket around her and guide her away from the internet, like you might do to someone who narrowly escaped a house fire.  She's too good for this show, and I don't want to watch her get hurt.  The guy on the phone sounded middle eastern to me, definitely NOT British, and also sounded like someone I would not be able to bear speaking to on the phone at all because he's mumbly and has no charisma.  She could step out her front door and throw a rock in any direction and probably hit a man who is a better prospect than whatever is hiding behind those photos of "Williams".  I agree that it's time for her to find a companion, especially once we learned that the last 6 years of her marriage her husband was in prison - she has been single and lonely for a very long time.  I just watched a show on Netflix called Dating Around, and there was an older man in his 60's, widowed, who would have liked Yolanda so much and treated her wonderfully.  But if what Yolanda wants is a younger man with a stripper body, that's going to greatly limit the pool of prospects for her.

I would feel bad for Ed if he hadn't cheated on his wife and fucked everything up himself. Not only is Rosalee younger than his daughter but she looks like an actual child, so him being so instantly attracted to her appearance grosses me out.  If I saw a photo of a man who looked 12 years old, I would not think he was hot. And having her child call Ed "daddy" is as yucky as it has been every other time we have seen it on this show.  These poor, confused children.

I loved the Russian friend who did not pull any punches whatsoever about why a young Russian woman would do whatever it takes to get to America, and that she is not envisioning a country life in Tennessee, but a glamorous city life that he isn't offering. It gets frustrating to see all of these people get excellent, accurate advice from everyone around them just to completely ignore it and do all the stupid shit anyway.

I'm horrified that Angela 2.0 is named Lisa because that is my name, too.  A million of us were named Lisa after Elvis and Priscilla Presley named their daughter Lisa Marie - there were so many of us in school that teachers had to give us nicknames because one classroom might have as many as 6 Lisas in it.  I am still in touch with a lot of Lisas from my childhood, I recently met a big crop of Lisas at a conference full of women in my age group, and I can tell you that as a general rule, we Lisas DO NOT look or behave like this one.  She is a haggard mess, and I don't know why she bothered to not smoke in front of the cameras because one look and listen tells us she is a serious chain smoker.  I can smell her from here!  She might also be a pretty big drinker, those bags under her eyes make me think she partakes A LOT.  The amount of smug confidence that she has because she believes she snagged herself a hot young Nigerian rap star is quite off-putting.  She really has become convinced that she is something super hot and special to have landed this man, and that offering to have unsafe, hairless sex with him is all she needs to lock him down.  She is a very unintelligent woman, and her personality does not make me feel protective over her the way I do for Yolanda.  Whatever happens to Lisa with all of this nonsense is fine with me.

I'm not looking forward to Darcy, she doesn't even seem like a real person to me.  She's like an overfilled blow-up doll that a mad scientist tried to make sentient, but all he managed to infuse into her was desperation, neediness, and the mission to FIND. LOVE.

💙 X 10 to your entire post! 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I really love Family Yolanda. Especially her sons. Is it my imagination or did anyone else think during their talking heads that they were trying to keep from laughing? Guessing they know a lot more than they're allowed to let on at this point. 

Re: the AirBnB, IIRC we sussed out that Darcey was living in an AirBnB her first season (the one that had the kitchen where she cut the meat wrong). It makes sense for people with families on this show to be given alternate residences during filming for all sorts of reasons. 

I would totally watch a show with Yolanda's six kids. I could do without most of the rest of the cast so far (oh, also, I'd like it if Teddy came to live with the Yolanda kids). 

And adorable Baby of Avery (and I am SO not a baby person!). Oh, and that sweet little dog of Jihoon's! 

https://mobile.twitter.com/90DayFianceCast/status/1169325953073524737/photo/1

Edited by LennieBriscoe

Thanks to @LennieBriscoe for recommending this show made for middle aged women to me - it will be a miracle if I am somehow still a heterosexual man after this. (2 hours long - AHHH). All my posts about shows on this site are long piles of stupid remarks and (mostly untrue) jabs at myself, so don't take any of it seriously.

I guess there's no real way to divide this post like for talent shows, so I'll just type as I watch, so it'll probably turn out like a bunch of dumb jokes and bullet points.

I've never watched the regular show, but "Before" 90 Days seemed more relatable to me, since the title vaguely alludes to zero days worth of relationship experience.

Since Big Ed is apparently 4'11, it makes me feel like I can run my mouth without fear of reprisal due to being a colossal sized 5'6. He may be small, but he has a big brain to be trying to get a girlfriend 31 years younger than him, since I turn my nose up at any girl who is older than how much I weigh in kilograms (a combination of innumerable food allergies and a subscription to teen fashion magazines that make me body conscious). He looks like an even shorter version of Jack Black, which most pop culture analysts and physicians deemed a medical impossibility.

Avery has a great personality, at least from what I presume with her spreading her legs in yoga pants - I'll just put earplugs in if she tries to talk to me, as to not ruin my illusion of the perfect woman. Somehow the people who blab on about how beneficial marijuana is are almost more annoying than those hippies who have thick rope hair growing out of their head. It's pretty convenient smelling like marijuana all the time, since I don't have to bring my resume to my job interviews, since they can already conclude my lack of educational qualifications and kick me out. Hey, my face gets blurred out like that in every photo posted online - I have too much respect for people who may be eating their dinners while looking at my ugly ass. "I was living in a really dark place" - I also live in the Pacific Northwest and there's no sunlight for 6 months straight, so she's right about that. I'm going to assume that guy's muscles are all fake just to make me feel better about not having gotten up off my ass in 5 years. Is it too stereotypical that I want to run those cannabis leaves under my unemployed nose and make low IQ grunts of pleasure while everyone else is at work? What does getting dumped online even feel like? Still being able to view her pictures online means you'd still get to experience almost half of the relationship that you had before. I don't know, I'd say all of her tattoos combined with being a single Mother make her a pretty big catch. Then again, if she were dating me, I'd be like a third kid (albeit with facial hair) since I don't have a job and spend the day eating and sleeping.

Why does Geoffrey have to be muscular as well? The personal trainer I conjured up in one of my starvation induced hallucinations said twiggy calcium deficient arms were in. His son's wavy hair seems to be a style only a 15 year old obsessed with BMX can grow out; for real, I'm trying to grow a hairstyle like it, but it's just not working out. An online girlfriend from Russia sounds like the stereotype of a scam years before online dating became really popular. Hopefully she doesn't want to Russian to things *har har. The sons feeding the dogs some scraps is about as much common decency as I deserve, seeing as how the only tricks I know are waking up at 4pm and begging my parents for money. "Dakota" and "Paxton" - it's like the Dad wanted to instill tough love in them from day one with those names.

Lisa legitimately looks 70 years old. The short version of her name literally implores you to "Lease", not buy. Going by first appearances, I'm going to guess her line of work has something to do with a crystal ball. Why would a 30 year old want to talk to such an older woman? Personally, I'd be as talkative as an actor in a silent film when talking to most 30 year old women. The guy's name is SojaBoy - I guess he felt confident that Soulja Boy is too irrelevant to take issue with such a similar name, assuming anyone here even remembers who that is (yuhhhhh, crank dat Soulja Boy). In what world is 20,000 followers representative of giant fame? The typical everyday girl can get more followers just by posting pics of her sitting on the toilet.

Yolanda is one year younger than Lisa and looks a full generation younger - I wish she'd assume the role of my Mother, at least if those maternal duties are anything similar to the Moms in the XXX banner ads I see. Those daughters are cute enough for me to be fixing my hair, not like they can see me, and if they could, they'd laugh at how stinky I look. "I'm doing me" - that's also what I'm forced to do since I have no girlfriend. I'm an aggressive lover, so in the morning after an evening alone I'm always limping around in pain. That amount of muscles combined with a dumb tattoo really makes the "meathead" stereotype stick. Then again it's better to be buff than be an 80 pound weakling in danger of breaking a bone if the wind happens to be blowing a little too hard one day. I don't think there's a handsome enough man in England that could possibly outweigh the terrible weather. For real, I pick through thrift stores trying to find anything of value and I would qualify as being under the poverty line with how much I make, it's pretty difficult. The very fact that his name is a plural "Williams" may suggest a multiple personality disorder.

Poor Ed must regret picking a girl named Rose, since it will make for even more reason to doubt her feelings for him by repeating the "She loves me not" game for the whole flight; not that a short man's confidence can really sink much lower, so it doesn't matter much. When has a woman ever only liked a man for his money? The woman's being paranoid. Hook me up with Tiffany *howllll!!*. It's impressive how he can have such a great hairline at his age, since half of men start losing hair at like 20 - having seen a few people I went to school with recently, it can go to shit real quickly. How pathetic is it that I wish Ed would leave a loving voicemail for me? Maybe I should turn this show off.

By the way, doesn't a name like "Ash" imply that he was formerly hot? I'm having difficulty choosing between Jen or Avery for which one I'd like to be rejected by....if rejection was guaranteed, why'd I just buy a tailored suit? Josh looks like he's trying his hardest to dissociate from all this; you do have to wonder if the family/friends in these shows just pretend to be dramatic knowing the camera is there.

It's odd how all of them think they'll get married before meeting, though with how high divorce rates are, marriage isn't really worth praising. A Nigerian man under-performing in bed? If the fetish sites I spend all my money on are to be believed, she has nothing to worry about. Why is unprotected sex being mentioned like it's a sign of commitment when she's likely barren, unless this will be the stage for a new super birth defect to debut. I'm Canadian and want to be American, but I wouldn't hit Lisa even if I had the impaired senses of a lifetime smoker (or a Los Angeles air breather).

Judging by Yolanda's laughter, she got the pathetically small explicit photo I sent. Account deleted. Since grey clouds have taken permanent residence in England's skies, life there is nary a sober moment. To a broke and unemployed man like myself, that shot of her purse on the couch was more erotic than any woman - I'd love to stick my hand in there and.....you don't need to know.

Olga sounds like a text to speech program. With how big of an expensive failure the recent 5 Olympic rings were in Russia, they certainly don't want Geoffrey bringing another one (since it's a joke, I'm sure they'd actually be happy for him). Doesn't Russia only have Moscow and millions of square miles of snow? You'd think anywhere that isn't below 5 degrees in July would be a step up.

Since he is 54, it's possible Ed isn't his real name, but is rather him being transparent about having erectile dysfunction - bless his honesty. In addition to lightening his hair, I'm sure the odor of mayonnaise wafting around him will make him lose weight from extreme nausea. Rose is a single mother? The attraction that wouldn't have been reciprocal anyways has vanished. It's hard to tell if Rose is incapable of conversation in full time or if it's the poor internet connection - it's a shame I have no excuses to fall back on for my social retardation in face to face talks. I don't think he should be concerned with how many friends she has online, since due to poor Filipeno housing code ethics, I'm sure at least 1000 of them are her roommates. It's a good thing I'll never need an STD test, since my vile personality is so repelling on its own.

Yolanda's ex being in jail for 6 years really tears apart the show's idea of selling the soulmate thing, especially since they won't say what he did. I don't meet people online, I just make offensive jokes about them, knowing I can't be slapped. It's no wonder Williams don't wanna FaceTime, since her ex faced time and paid for it - gotta respect a man who keeps his guard up. Damn, few things are more embarrassing than dinner table tears, though admittedly most of the ones I am exposed to are my own when I'm told to eat my green beans before I can watch TV - I'm too friggin old for this.

Geoffrey's girlfriend is getting ready to go to bed at 10am? We may be more compatible than I thought. Since Mary is single, I'd like to interpret her name as a command - I've already bought a ring. I wish somebody would stop me from acting this pathetic. But for real, Mary's hot ahhhhh. I appreciate the guys drinking giant glasses of beer when the sun is still up just to make me feel as if my behavior is normal - thanks pals.

The season preview looks pretty entertaining, so I'll keep watching - it's funny how the girl with bright pink and purple hair covered in colorful tattoos somehow wasn't a clear enough "warning" sign to stay away. Isn't that why they do that in the first place? As for writing more long posts, that depends on how much online validation I receive from strangers - I can go crawl back in the hole I came out of if needed.

Edited by InternetToughGuy
  • LOL 12
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

It's weird I remember this scene because Yolanda was putting out some sort of PF Chang's looking Chinese food takeout.  It was in black containers and I remembered there being fried rice and stir fry noodles.  She also weirdly had a ton of chicken wings on a plate.  I remember it because I thought "gosh, that is so much food and none of it looks healthy" 

I wonder if....like someone else said, they just ran out of cutlery and used chopsticks.  

And hilariously, one can easily eat a hamburger and fries without benefit of utensils of any kind! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 11

Avery can buy big pot leaves but can’t afford a bra? At 32 she is too young to have saggy pancake boobs. And I certainly don’t want to see that awful side-boob thing she had going on at the restaurant with her friends. A decent push-up bra (or ANY bra for that matter) would do wonders. Hoist those puppies up, Avery!

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
33 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

Avery can buy big pot leaves but can’t afford a bra? At 32 she is too young to have saggy pancake boobs. And I certainly don’t want to see that awful side-boob thing she had going on at the restaurant with her friends. A decent push-up bra (or ANY bra for that matter) would do wonders. Hoist those puppies up, Avery!

Avery has broken up with her on line boyfriend about 3 times, (how would that even change the dynamics of that relationship I'll never know), she thinks laying a clump of pot leaves on top of a salad is infusing her food with pot and she just may be one of those women who has a baby in every deep and meaningful relationship she breezes thru...with two children, no visible means of support she looks on line for a soul mate (hating that phrase sooo mawch), which will no doubt complicate her life. 

Yolanda is an idiot and she needs decent bra to gather up her boobs and put them where they belong.  If she thinks that man she has photos of will be waiting at the "London" airport with roses she has a real problem, what color is the sky in her world?  

Lisa, Sojaboy is not a celebrity, he is playing you, please stop wearing mullet dresses and please start wearing a bra, the right underpinnings will make you look a bit thinner and less like a bag of russet potatoes with earrings. P.S. my son thought the scene where she was wearing her shorty robe (from the back) that it was Bid Ed, they have the same bowling pin legs.

Kentucky guy running to Russia...worst nipple tattoos ever on a man. 

Big Ed, wants someone in his life, not a big ask but what on earth will he talk about with his future child bride? I am sure we will get the endless, "I can't believe you/I am here," What do think, she co sleeps with her child and will use that kid as a cock blocker so Big Ed will sleep on the floor.

I think I ask during every season, there has to be a name for this syndrome, the need to complicate your life, the need to always be hobbled financially, the inability to just see what is in front of you and deal with it, the intense need for drama...what would that syndrome be named? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

Olga...those crepes look delish...but stupid Geoffrey (spelled like the Toys R Us giraffe) will not accept that everything you said that Varya is playing him for a green card is the absolute truth....

Of course, Varya is talking and accepting money from multiples of men, her  English is better than Olga’s, but Olga is spot on that she will not be happy in Tenn.

Like Paola, she will want to flee to a big city...to take advantage of being on a teevee show, albeit a basic cable show.

Geoff is the only one sending her money to be stupid enough to actually show up at her door step. Ceasar is laughing his his ass off.....

Geoff wants to run from his past, to get a respite from the turmoil and his pain from his son’s death but it hangs so heavy over his psyche that eventually he has to tell every new gf the source of his anguish and then it kills the relationship.

Geoff looks like Chad Everett the old 70’s show Medical Center.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, xls said:

Yolanda:

They’re all very pretty and definitely not overweight but I’ve heard of using only chopsticks to eat as a way of portion control.  Maybe they do that to prevent what Yolanda went through with her weight.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Leilani said:

mpif93xcqvi41.jpg

I think the chopsticks may have something to do with their mother’s weight loss?  Perhaps when mama tackled her 150lb weight loss journey, one of the techniques she learned was to use chopsticks as utensils regardless of cuisine. Google it, it really is a weight loss trick as it slows down eating and allows the brain to catch up with “full” signals.  Then the daughters are maybe continuing the technique in order to ensure they remain at their current healthy weights.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
37 minutes ago, DiamondGirl said:

They’re all very pretty and definitely not overweight but I’ve heard of using only chopsticks to eat as a way of portion control.  Maybe they do that to prevent what Yolanda went through with her weight.

I understand that, but maybe the way is through eating healthier food?  Every single thing she put out was unhealthy, burgers, fries, chicken drumsticks slathered in something, fried rice, Cho mein.  At some point Yolanda had to have had some nutritional education so I'm surprised she is eating such unhealthy food.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Irritable said:

Maybe the Air BnB didn’t have any/enough cutlery for everyone, but they found some chopsticks in the junk drawer. I picture all 6 of Yolanda’s kids huddled upstairs in completely empty rooms,  waiting to be called down to “dinner”. 

If they have at least 7 matching plates and 7 matching place mats, surely they should have at least 7 sets of cutlery.

The two chopstickers may follow Martha Stewart - pretentious.

• Love 3
On 2/23/2020 at 8:20 PM, Granny58 said:

So the first guy is conscious about his height....but obviously not about his weight.  THAT is what makes him look like a fireplug.

And he’s also conscious about the gray in his hair......but not the gray In his beard.    Go figure.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Gapped Tooth Usher Lookalike's commando penis will not be able to resist Lisa's free range vajayjay....really Lisa, that's the plan?

How about just showing him a wallet full of credit cards with unlimited funds to make him a huge rap star?

Best to keep his  penis wrapped in latex because it isn't about sex with him...it is about opportunity in 'Merica....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
42 minutes ago, lasandi said:

And he’s also conscious about the gray in his hair......but not the gray In his beard.    Go figure.  

Okay I thought it was just my television. I was wondering why his beard and hair were like the before and after of a Grecian Formula ad.

• LOL 3

Yolanda's so in love with those few pictures of Williams (plural? last name? so famous he goes by one name?) that she buys any bs he sells her...

Even Cesar got to see live streaming of what he was sending 10 grand to....we know Yolanda has been sending him money but she won't admit it on camera....

Williams...next time you are hanging out with friends, ask one to let you facetime with Yolanda on their phone for a minute...

Or how about going to an internet cafe....Jenny did in India....

Field producers of this show will keep Yolanda safer than if she was going to England alone...maybe Neve can crossover and help Yolanda out....

• Love 5

Yes, Yolanda had the feast spread out on the countertop of the AirBnB and the kids helped themselves before they sat down, the foil containers with cardboard tops...

Yolanda has lost her mind and it will take her kids to pull her back to reality..(un)fortunately, the show is making it possible to travel to England by helping her get passports for her and Kara and booking flights and lodging...

Yolanda has built up a whole fantasy future with Williams  as an escape from her grief from the death of Dwayne.

So refreshing to see respectful kids who want only the best for their mother....

Stunt food for a stunt dinner for the reveal of her trip to England....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I didn't get a neck like Lisa's until I hit 70. 

About Yolanda's dinner scene: It looked completely staged to me, just to set the scene for a family gathering. Nobody was really eating. So utensils didn't matter.

I want to like Yolanda. But my cynical heart says she wanted to do a reality tv show to make some money and the only one that she could do was this one so went and found the catfisher to create a storyline. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

Finally caught the first episode. I stopped watching last season because the people were so awful and  fake, so I didn't realize a new season started. Hopefully this lot is better. 

My first impressions:

Ed. Oh Ed. You are a photographer, you seem to be well liked in your community. You live in SoCal. Why the eff are you ordering a child bride from the Phillipines? I think Ed needs to use the tracking feature for all the things he sent to Rose, because  he claims that she said nothing has arrived. Wondering if the family is selling everything as they receive it. Just a thought. The hair mayo was vomit inducing. 

Geoffrey just like Toys R Us. Geoffrey who goes out of his way to take off his shirt, chop wood and do weights and flex for the camera, all while remaining pasty white. Marriages? I need a complete rundown, cuz it seemed like we were getting selective information. Perhaps Varya is not the first internet relationship he has had.  Olga knows, cuz she did it herself. 

Lisa is Angie/Danielle 2.0. - Everything about her is just gross, from the the brazilian (brain bleach please), to her clomping around in a high low shorts dress with her boobs a swinging.Not to mention her delusion about Soljaboy. Do I need to know that she has nekkid pics and she has sent them? No.  Clearly he wants a green card. The song he wrote could easily be dubbed with a bazillion names. There are probably lots of other women out there playing that song thinking he wrote a song for them. The delusion runs strong in this one. And she thinks she can keep him by going raw dog? Just gross. 

Oh Yolanda - Clearly deluded. And the whole AirBnB set up complete with the reveal that she is taking off for England was such a rehearsed set up, as was the greek chorus reposonse "online?" from them. LOL, the kids didn't know? Why did they think they were living in an AirBnB with a camera crew filming them? I was gobsmacked that buying stuff at thrift stores and selling it online is a lucrative business. Williams is a fake, of course, but I don't know what the con is yet. When he asked her for money, I figured it was a regular catfish scam and he would take the money and be unable to travel, but he wants her to come? Does he actually live in England? Waiting for the next ep with this one.  Are both of them aware that London has 2 airports and Manchester has a big airport? And that accent? Not British at all. 

Avery is a total steroptype of hipster yoga mom who hangs with her cannibis loving friends in Seattle. Ash is a relatioship coach who only coaches single women. Uh huh, yeah. And buy a bra. Geez.

Ok, so why is Darcey back and why is Tom there? I thought it was over, done, dunzo and he had a pg wife or girlfriend. I also read somewhere that Darcey is getting a spin off. Eek. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, xls said:

Yolanda:

I was more concerned that no one at the table had a drink.....

• Useful 2
  • Love 5