Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Love Can't Wait

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I want to know if Usben or whatever gets a royalty every time TLC plays “Baby girl insert name here I love you”.  I actually heard that song playing unnecessarily in the background in a later segment. 

If you all are only helping people pick things off shelves consider yourself lucky. I get strangers thinking I want to help them locate items. And no I don’t dress like a random store employee. One time a woman handed me clothing while I was browsing (I was wearing a coat and a purse) and said “I decided not to get these”.  Another time a guy asked me where something was in a warehouse sized store and I said I don’t know. And he stood there looking at me confused like he didn’t understand why I didn’t know and I said I don’t work here and he still stood there looking confused so I left.   Seems to happen enough in random places so I figured maybe I just look helpful? 🤷‍♀️ Got a confused look from my husband once when we split up to grab things and he came back and I was walking around with two strangers helping one find raisins and the other something else (don’t remember) lol. 

I once went into a small, locally owned department store a few counties over and wound up buying the cashier fish. I was in there, looking around, and the woman at the counter (an older lady who I'd never seen in my life) asked, "Have you eaten at Muncy's before?" I said, no, that I had not. She went on to say, "On Fridays they have a fried catfish basket and it's really good. I just love it. It's one of my favorites..." I made some agreeable grunts but just as I was staring to leave, she called me over to the counter. "If I give you some money can you walk over there and get me a catfish basket?" So I wound up walking across the street and buying her a catfish basket.  She tipped me $2, but I ate some of her fries on the way back to the store so it was kind of a win-win for me. 

I live in a strange place. 

Am I the only one who thinks these early episodes are boring? I'd like one episode where we meet the American and then, by ep 2, they're meeting their "loves." I want them to get down to business-I don't want 4 episodes of them talking to the obligatory naysaying friend, getting all their beauty things done, packing, Emojing their sweet nothings...I want to jump right into the drama. 

What I REALLY want to do is not watch the season as it airs and then to binge all the episodes all at once. I hate waiting a week.  Netflix has ruined me. 

And good dog in heaven, how is it possible that they found someone who makes Angela look classy? Do you think they cast people depending on country? Like, Angela is filming in Nigeria so they take on Baby Girl Lisa to cut travel costs since they're already there? 

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
On 2/25/2020 at 7:27 PM, nytonc said:

Re Yolanda and other mature women: 

I will never ever ever understand how a seemingly intelligent, well put together and apparently normal woman who is raising a lovely family could possibly fall for the bullshit a random younger foreigner is slathering on her over the phone. But Yolanda, honey, wake the fuck up!! Find a nice man, closer to home and your own age. 

She lost weight and thinks she's hot shit. She thinks even the male IG models are drooling after her. She said she's feeling herself. A lot of ppl get like that when they lose weight. Some even leave their partner for someone better looking.

23 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

HOWEVER, we all need to seriously figure out a way to petition (beg, threaten, send in mob thugs?) Sharpe entertainment to NEVER show us certain things.  We've now seen Angela at the GYNECOLOGIST, Angela getting Botox, and Lisa getting a Brazilian - complete with audience.   Close-ups of the weeping sores Lisa returns home with?  Someone's proctology appointment?  This needs to STOP!!

Don't forget the active labors of Kirliyam and Pao, Karrine's miscarriage, Abby's scabies and Kyle's mother's psychotic break...

18 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am five foot seven, nothing super tall but I must gets asked every other trip to the store for help with something from the top shelf!  Always happy to help!  

Wow, I'm almost 5' 8" and no one ever asks me for shit. I guess that confirms I am just unapproachable.😅

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Dinners were strange too!  Looked like they were all uncomfortable sitting at the table.  One dinner spaghetti could have been prepared there.  Second dinner Chinese take out!

I've also been noticing in a lot of reality shows I watch sofas are brand new.  I guess these shows are classier than one would think!!!  Lol

I’m absolutely sure that Anna/Murcel’s house was not her real home.  There is no way three big boys lived there.  I think her real home is the one where they had the pizza when they just got there the first night.

Yolanda’s house has the look of a house for sale where they tell you to remove all personal belongings to keep it generic for buyers to see.  Maybe they rent those kind of houses for the show as well as AirBnBs.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, DiamondGirl said:

I’m absolutely sure that Anna/Murcel’s house was not her real home.  There is no way three big boys lived there.

If that’s true, the bee artwork on the wall was an inspired touch 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

And no I don’t dress like a random store employee. One time a woman handed me clothing while I was browsing (I was wearing a coat and a purse) and said “I decided not to get these”.  Another time a guy asked...

There's a reddit sub called "IDontWorkHereLady".  Take a look!

• LOL 6
6 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

So that's why I'm never bothered in stores!  😆

Apparently when Mr. Cat and I go to Home Depot we look so clueless random people offer to help us.🤣

One time we were buying Quickcrete and trying to get one of the bags off the back of the pallet when a very nice man (who looked like he lifted weights) came up and took over.

Another time a man heard us discussing what we needed to buy.   Apparently, we must have sounded like idiots because he walked up, asked "What are you trying to build?" and told us what to buy and how to build it.

Mind you, none of these people were store employees.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
On 2/23/2020 at 9:06 PM, Granny58 said:

This broad from York is sogross, and worst of all is it's my part of the state and I'm just so appalled.

Same.  She comes across as the stereotype of Perry County.  

I would bet she's one to reach out to the other Central PA former cast members to meet up or something and suddenly Ashley loses her phone lol.  I think even Narkyia would be like "Girl let me TELL you about those men...." and then change her number. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Apparently when Mr. Cat and I go to Home Depot we look so clueless random people offer to help us.🤣

One time we were buying Quickcrete and trying to get one of the bags off the back of the pallet when a very nice man (who looked like he lifted weights) came up and took over.

Another time a man heard us discussing what we needed to buy.   Apparently, we must have sounded like idiots because he walked up, asked "What are you trying to build?" and told us what to buy and how to build it.

Mind you, none of these people were store employees.

I was shopping at sprouts one day and one lady just randomly told me about a another grocery store that had a last chance produce section.....and then some other guy got into this random conversation to tell us we didn't know how to pick pineapples and took it upon himself to give us a ten minute tutorial, which no one asked for. 

Having "that face" is a blessing and a curse.  

• LOL 9
On 2/24/2020 at 8:30 PM, Leilani said:

Ok, who eats french fries and hamburgers with chopsticks?

mpif93xcqvi41.jpg

So, to add to the mystery, the daughter on Yolanda's right has silverware and her son on the right is eating with his hands and doesn't seem to have any utensils.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Angel pie said:

Who eats dinner without some type of beverage?

I do. Actually it is good because you will be full from eating rather than liquids raking up space in your stomach. Nutritionist usually recommend eating that way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

I do. Actually it is good because you will be full from eating rather than liquids raking up space in your stomach. Nutritionist usually recommend eating that way.

I would think with spicy or salty or dry food that would be brutal.  But I am not a nutritionist.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Spike said:

I would think with spicy or salty or dry food that would be brutal.  But I am not a nutritionist.

I just thought that if you filled your stomach with water it would cut down on the amount of food you would eat.  But that's probably why nutritionists go to school for this because it's not intuitive.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Starcasm has an article about Dwayne’s (of Yolanda and Dwayne) arrest record.  I couldn’t get it to post in the social media thread.

I think I saw something like that in their couples thread as well.

• Love 1

Same here. An hour away from York,in MD. I think this woman is the grossest "star" I've seen on this franchise, and that's saying a lot. 

Imma step off the snark train for just a moment and say I loved watching Ed and his Mom. The way she would say "Pony" was the cutest. I'm stealing that nickname. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

She lost weight and thinks she's hot shit. She thinks even the male IG models are drooling after her. She said she's feeling herself. A lot of ppl get like that when they lose weight. Some even leave their partner for someone better looking.

Don't forget the active labors of Kirliyam and Pao, Karrine's miscarriage, Abby's scabies and Kyle's mother's psychotic break...

Wow, I'm almost 5' 8" and no one ever asks me for shit. I guess that confirms I am just unapproachable.😅

I'm 5'8" , I guess my resting bitch face keeps people from asking😀

• LOL 9
5 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Starcasm has an article about Dwayne’s (of Yolanda and Dwayne) arrest record.  I couldn’t get it to post in the social media thread.

Saw it and I had said in the the Live Chat she's not what she appears to be.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Spike said:

My mom is a nutritionist as has no objection to mealtime liquids.  Plus, she knows she'd have to pry my glass from my cold dead hand.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 2/26/2020 at 11:57 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Did she cut her food on the bias? that's all I want to know.

I saunter up to tall men and flatter them. "You are a tall and handsome man! Could you give me some assistance for a moment?" Unless there's a young Hispanic guy nearby, who, in my experience, are very polite and courtly to older ladies.

So wait, the guy was a germaphobe and didn't even want to deal with food that he had touched his own fingers? That's just weird.

Your use of the word courtly made me tee-hee! Just not used enough IMO.

Excited for this new bunch of trainwrecks to start wrecking. Bring it on I say!

• Love 3

Lisa is an interesting bird.  Every time Baby Girl talks about her man, I think she’s saying “husband”.   She definitely doesn’t want to hear anyone’s reservations about this pairing.  She’s wearing that song like a badge, as if she would use it in Court as positive proof of his sincerity and truthfulness.  I was mortified at her intentions to keep women out of the studio and her fit over a Nigerian woman being in the video to Her Song and the rest of her plans to derail Solja.  I can’t with this woman.  What an ego.  

The tall/short stories made me laugh.  One thing I’ve noticed as a short people is that people call me “kiddo” which is annoying since I’m older than dirt.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 2/24/2020 at 10:12 PM, Zevious Zoquis said:

against the law?  No.  Weird?  Yup!

Yolanda is dangerously close to "too stupid for sympathy" territory.  She seems like a nice lady, but the relationship should not have progressed beyond "I have  broken camera so you can't see me."  Also, I'm kinda hoping we do get to see an honest to gawd catfish scenario.  

The country boy and the russian girl aren't very interesting yet.

Lisa is utterly repellent.  Gross.  There's no way some young, healthy dude without some sort of mental disorder is going to be interested in her.

Ed makes some funny faces.  lol.  

OMG Darcey and Stacey look like monsters.  They look like some sort of caricatures of human beings.  Or characters from the Fat Albert cartoon or something.  

Them again? boring AF

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Leilani said:

Saw it and I had said in the the Live Chat she's not what she appears to be.

I knew something was up with her, there is a story there.  Also, her husband is from my neck of the woods, Randallstown/Milford area of Baltimore County, I remember the police stake out at the Red Roof Inn on Timonium Road when they were looking for him, he and a buddy were robbing jewelry stores around town,some not far from where I live now.  I guess I should watch and see if Yolanda is wearing some nice jewelry!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I knew something was up with her, there is a story there.  Also, her husband is from my neck of the woods, Randallstown/Milford area of Baltimore County, I remember the police stake out at the Red Roof Inn on Timonium Road when they were looking for him, he and a buddy were robbing jewelry stores around town,some not far from where I live now.  I guess I should watch and see if Yolanda is wearing some nice jewelry!

I’m sure she lived off the spoils of the stolen jewelry.  She was certainly fed well.  She’s the Carmela Soprano of 90 Day.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

As a sociological experiment, I just sent Mr. Grey the following text. "You are my ROCK and my KING! I would be lost without you!"

He has spent the last 10 minutes gazing at me with a puzzled expression on his face, and he keeps asking me if I'm feeling okay.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

As a sociological experiment, I just sent Mr. Grey the following text. "You are my ROCK and my KING! I would be lost without you!"

He has spent the last 10 minutes gazing at me with a puzzled expression on his face, and he keeps asking me if I'm feeling okay.

My husband still has a flip phone and wouldn't know a text if it bit him in the butt, so you're way ahead of me.😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

My husband still has a flip phone and wouldn't know a text if it bit him in the butt, so you're way ahead of me.😁

So, no emojis assuring you hourly of his devotion?  What a blow you've been dealt.

• LOL 8
On 2/22/2020 at 8:42 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Gosh another season already?  Their really stuffing them down our throats!

I’m glad actually.  This is my perfect favorite trash TV.  Except for Pillow Talk which I wish they’d make 2 hours long. 

• Love 5
On 3/5/2020 at 9:12 PM, the-grey-lady said:

He should have replied I am a rock I am an island.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 2/25/2020 at 4:19 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I thought that started in Oct.  I just flew and mine isn't a REAL id yet.  Does anyone know if I get my passport renewed, I have to have a REAL ID as well or is Passport okay for domestic travel starting Oct. 2020. 

I don't know that date it became effective, but a passport alone is fine. However, I always travel with both (I have a real ID, really not a big deal getting one) and if you lose one or you're a dummy like me and get an out-of-state DUI and your driver's license is confiscated, you can get back on the plane with a passport.

• Love 1
On 2/25/2020 at 4:36 PM, humbleopinion said:

No Real ID will prevent you from getting on a domestic flight, that is, your regular drivers license is no good for ID to get on flights as of Oct 2020.

Good grief. Just go to the DMV. No biggie.

On 2/25/2020 at 7:29 PM, mmecorday said:

Yolanda admitted that she could count her past relationships on one hand, so even though she's a mature woman, she is terribly naive.

She certainly knew where the dick goes, at least six times.

• LOL 2

How can Lisa actually think Usam is attracted to her?  She’s awful in every way.  What is wrong with these old unattractive women that they are so easily convinced that young, even half way decent looking guys are into them.  On top of that, it appears they do nothing to try to make themselves look anything other than disgusting.  

• Love 5
11 hours ago, GladysCravits said:

How can Lisa actually think Usam is attracted to her?  She’s awful in every way.  What is wrong with these old unattractive women that they are so easily convinced that young, even half way decent looking guys are into them.  On top of that, it appears they do nothing to try to make themselves look anything other than disgusting.  

Interesting comment coming from "GladysCravits"  😄

• LOL 2
On 2/27/2020 at 4:23 AM, mamadrama said:

She tipped me $2, but I ate some of her fries on the way back to the store so it was kind of a win-win for me. 

As Darcy would say “tit for tat”

You probably have a kind face. 

• LOL 1