Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: One Night Spouse

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Jade Foxx said:

Her veneers (or whatever) are unfortunate. 

As is her botox fail. Can see those "bunny lines" creeping in at certain expressions. Her friend and sister are fierce though.  Good for her having these people in her life. 

• Love 12

Zach makes little comments to Mindy that are kind of rude, like she is bothering him. Katie and Derek seem like the only couple who will make it. Meka and Michael don’t seem attracted to each other and if he is acting different off camera, it’s not a good sign.

I don’t think Jessica is attracted to Austin and he seems kind of juvenile. Taylor and Brandon are laughing a lot but I can’t tell if they have really talked to each other . 

• Love 16

Mindy is out walking the hotel hallway with makeup, yet when she was back in the room with Zach she didn't have it on.

Wonder if she ran in to Michael since he was out to check into his own room. The drama is starting early this season.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Jessica's wearing my pajamas!

And why is Taylor wearing a big ass watch to bed?

And Zack is wearing what looks like a fitbit watch.

A lot of people like to track their sleep.  I do.  

56 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Mindy looks way older than Zach. And, her matronly wardrobe isn't helping.  I believe the reason they send them on the same honeymoon is for the drama. Now, because of their lack of PDA, Mindy believes that Zach isn't as into her.  

They send them on the same trip to maximize the use of the video crews.  Reduces production costs.  Group interaction and observation of the couples from other couples lead to more footage and more content.

Edited by Kira53
  • Love 15
22 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

They send them on the same trip to maximize the use of the video crews. 

and to maximize The Westin Panama after maximizing The Westin Georgetown.

Why do I think this is not the last we have seen of a Westin hotel??

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Zach maybe fake and phony, but I am with him about bathing before getting into bed.  I can't lay next to someone who still has on the day's dirt and grime.  Not to mention, they were on an airplane.  That's just nasty.    

Was coming here to say the same. There are very few nights I ever get in bed without at least a quick shower. 
 I would have probably been more insistent than he was but maybe he was after the cameras were off which led to the not building attraction comment. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

After a plane ride or long car ride, not taking a shower is strange. I wondered if Mindy didn't want to get naked in front of Zach with that open plan bathroom?? Seemed it might be the case. He is a passive aggressive prick with his comments and attitude towards her though.  I hope he has his ass handed to him by someone (even just the court of public opinion).

Glad Meeka stood up for herself. 

Ewww! Austin can't close his right eye all the way when trying to go to sleep. But they're cute.  I'll root for these two. 

Taylor's & Brandon (I had to refer to above posts to recall his name) aren't even on my radar. That's all I'll say. Snooze fest.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

What happened to the bug?  Was that a real lizard on the wall?

Now I won't sleep tonight!

Lizards are great. Completely harmless.  Best of all, they eat the bugs. Think of them as natural exterminators.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

This is so boring. Is it me or are Mindy’s teeth too big for her mouth? 

3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Good Lord Mindy is skinny.

I mean to say this as sensitively as possible, but as I observe Mindy, her frame, her teeth - I'm wondering if at some point in her life (or recently) she struggled with an eating disorder.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Michael:  “I’ve got a lifetime to engage in coitus.”

Who the heck talks like that?!

My best friend would but he can sound pretentious as hell sometimes.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Taylor & Brandon are still awkward together & she doesn’t seem into him.

I eouldnt be into him either. I find his voice and mannerisms so cringey.

Also, he can just stop with the "Mrs Reid this and Mrs Reid that." 

Annnnd, his taste in clothes (and tattoos!) is....distasteful . He's a corny and tacky mf'er that sets up beer displays at Wal-Mart. 

Katie’s too much like an annoying little girl with a very annoying little girl voice.

Her baby voice reminds me of Chelsea from Teen Mom 2. Not a good thing. 

Meka & Michael = mess.

I hate when things happen off-camera. I just dont trust the narrative at all.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Michael:  “I’ve got a lifetime to engage in coitus.”

Who the heck talks like that?!

I see others already had my instant thought of Sheldon Cooper as well. Michael walking off and leaving, he had to be right and go pout, reminded a bit of Sheldon as well. Also he was wearing his headphones when everyone else was talking and he seemed to be blocking everyone else out? I guess Michael's family warnings were true that he has trouble communicating and shutting down.

7 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Oh interesting. The other couples think Meka and Michael are not a good match. And here we go, they are fighting about sex already. And he gave her an ultimatum. Not good. 

Where are the experts. After the whole Kate/Luke comments and issues and her holding it in and waiting for weeks to tell Dr. Pepper, you would think the show would make sure they had an expert (of some sort, even a local therapist) on call for these situations. I hope we see at least a Skype call with the experts next week with Meka and Michael. 

Last week I was happy we did not see Mindy standing alone as the called for a father daughter dance. Then on unfiltered the bonus footage we see is Mindy standing on the dance floor alone as the DJ asks for the father of the bride. Why does the show do this? I know the weddings are planned fast but wedding DJ;s usually have few basic questions, first dance songs, type of  music and they ask about special dances wanted daddy/daughter or money dance etc. A DJ would not call for a father if he was not there (what if the father was dead?) , the show put Mindy through the sadness for no reason. Then 24 hours later she hears her husband isn;t into her. Her and Meka should get a suite together and enjoy the free trip and go home and back to their lives. I do not see it ending well for either of them

I would like to know if they had a daddy daughter dance called for Meka or Taylor who did not have a dad there? or just Mindy?

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 24

Now I remember - Brandon seemed so familiar and now I know he reminds me of an actor on a soap Y&R, Kristof St John (probably got that really wrong), character's name was Neil and the actor unfortunately died suddenly...he was very popular and I think that's why I had a good vibe about Brandon from the start. Still catching up as first episode was both annoying and boring.

Every time I've seen them, Meka and Michael haven't looked comfortable together.

Still trying to remember everyone's names.

Really short girl and hubs seem a bit awkward together, but not uncomfortably so like Meka and Michael. She seems more eager than he at this point, hopefully it won't turn out like the couple on another season where the girl (also really shot, married to a very all ex-basketball player leech) was so desperate for affection she put up with all kinds of crap.

Don't have any strong sense of the others yet, gotta go look up this cast so I can remember their names.

• Love 5

Michael was counting on Meka not calling him out on his continuing with the marriage contingent on him getting sex from her in Panama.

Michael had nothing but crickets when she exposed his fake reassurances to her father and friends that the sex timeline was her decision in front of the camera.

Yes, Meka motor mouthed but he knew the jig was up.

Michael had no coherent words to explain why what he murmurs to her off camera is completely the opposite of what comes out of him when the camera’s red light is on.

• Love 19

Mindy’s rom com fantasy of honeymoon giddiness got a bucket of cold water when she started comparing huzzies.

Why wasn’t Zach wasn’t enthralled with her like Derek who is in full blown infatuation with Katie?

Why wasn’t Zach holding her hand, fingers entwined like Jessica and Austin who are acting delightfully like giggly high schoolers on a field trip?

Why isn’t Zach murmuring to her closely in her ear in a rumbling voice like Brandon?

Why Isn’t she feeling doted upon, cherished and protected by Zach?
Why isn’t Zach acting like her butler....toting her over packed suitcase?

Perhaps Mindy needs to stop being so quick to see what is missing in her less than 48 hour marriage and  reflect on why she is acting like a cat on a hot tin roof.

Mindy and Zach have no connection and in serious competition with Meka/Michael for the couple with the most complete lack of chemistry in MAFS history

It makes me uneasy watching their segments...

Methinks We are watching Mindy slowly getting her heart ripped out and stomped by a poser in a very relaxed V neck tshirt.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 19

Is it odd to anyone else, that not only does the show not favor interracial marriages (Caucasian/African American), they even seem to stay within a certain tonal range when matching ethnic cast members? Darker skins together, lighter tones together... Is that something that the participants request? I think it is done on purpose by the show and it's getting weird. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, ShowFan said:

Mindy’s vein is about to pop. And Zach put her on the bed the wrong way around 

Taylor is so much prettier without the make up and the hairdo 

Is Taylor’s hair a wig?  How about Mika’s?  I can’t imagine wipping those off at night, if they are.  The husbands must be confused.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Cammi said:

Is it odd to anyone else, that not only does the show not favor interracial marriages (Caucasian/African American), they even seem to stay within a certain tonal range when matching ethnic cast members? Darker skins together, lighter tones together... Is that something that the participants request? I think it is done on purpose by the show and it's getting weird. 

I believe it was Tristan from Season 7 who specifically mentioned a preference for lighter-skinned women. Unfortunately, he failed to request that his paper bag test-passing bride also have a clean criminal record, hence scammer Mia.

I knew Michael wasn’t shit at the bachelor party, when the guys were talking about timelines for having sex and he harrumphed about “I don’t know!!!! #MeToo is a thing now, gotta leave it up to her!!!!” So sorry you’re inconvenienced by sexual predators being called out, Michael!

• Love 15

Holy shit!  Mika’s screaming match that lasted for about half the program was hilarious.  My husband said “what’s her point”, hahaha.  I don’t thinkMichael knew either, so walked out.  She was right of course, but men don’t understand.  Everything is black or white in their eyes.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Mindy’s veneers are too big for her face and because she is so thin, it makes her jaw protrude like a monkey that died 20 years ago. 

If he thought she was hot he would be all over her regardless but she did look pretty ripe. 

WOW. "Hello 911? I've just witnessed a murder." Damn! That's a roast of epic proportions. I thought it was just her overbite, guess I'm not familiar with veneers. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I think Mindy's the only one feeling some chemistry.

Well I’m glad she is, because he isn’t.  If Zack is in for the wrong reasons, fire those dumb experts, pronto.  Poor Mindy .. my heart is breaking already.

• Love 8

Was live Tweeting this show last night.  Here come my UO's.😁

I didn't like Derek asking Katie's dad for "her hand" because it rang of a time where women were property, first belonging to the father, then the husband.  If a guy told me he asked for my father's hand, especially if I no longer lived with my parents, I'd think him an asshole.

I am not surprised Zach isn't attracted to Mindy, she's not on the same level attraction wise, IMO.  If Zach was the type who felt that his looks "just were" and "all about DNA" then maybe it would be different.  The problem is Zach is VERY into his looks and very into maintaining them.  Match him with a woman who's the same.

As a person who has been accused of saying stuff I didn't say, I am not jumping on the Meka bandwagon (of course she's right, she's a WOMAN).  However, this is why the experts should go on the honeymoon with the couples.  I would ask Meka, what EXACTLY did Michael say.  Sometimes a person says something and someone might hear it as something else, depending on their life experiences.  I thought Meka was pretty shaky for wanting to have a baby RIGHT NOW, and not wanting to be an "old parent" when she's not even out of her 20's.  I would ask Michael EXACTLY what did he say to Meka, because clearly he said something along those lines about sex, that concerned her.  My problem with Michael was that he denied saying ANYTHING, which I don't think was true.  He might have said something in jest, which Meka took seriously, that's the problem with marrying a stranger, they have no idea if you're joking. 

I have an issue with Meka wearing that fake hair, especially since she had no problem wearing her hair natural BEFORE she met her husband.  Come on girl, plenty of black women on this show have worn their hair natural, like the two black women last season.  Even Virgin Iris wore her hair natural during those 8 weeks.  I also don't think Michael was very into Meka, I mean the man said he liked natural hair and here comes Meka putting on the yak.  No thank you.

I think Brandon is very immature, not saying that Taylor is perfect, but Brandon's a child and he probably should wait until he's mature to get married.

I said this on Twitter last night, maybe the reason so many of the black couples don't work out is because they don't have actual black people matching them.  I've heard several times that Pastor Cal has reservations about someone but was overruled.  

I do like Austin and Jessica (or is it Jennifer?) work well together because they are VERY similar, but in a good way.  

The show was a big ass snoozefest.  I have a feeling that they dragged out the brunch scenes because most of the couples implode and there might not be too much happy footage.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10

I’ve watched the last couple of episodes on the DVR on my iPad, which means I manually fast forward the commercials. If you suspected we’re getting a ton of them, you’re right. Commercial breaks are usually four minutes, and show segments are 4-5 minutes. Between all the ads and all the replayed-to-death footage, I’d say maybe 40% of this show time is actual content. 

You'd think following ten people around all day for eight weeks would produce enough footage to actually make a whole show, but apparently not. 

Mindy is pretty and has a nice figure. It weirds me out so bad the way thin women on these shows are always accused of having eating disorders. Even if she did, what would be the point of saying it? Not like it would help her. Nobody calls out the regimented orthorexia some people substitute for an identity. But I don’t notice Mindy having any actual “symptoms” of an eating disorder, just a lithe body.

Zach reminds me of Harry Connick, Jr., although I don’t want to accuse Harry of being a faker. His wife is tall and thin, BTW. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Oh interesting. The other couples think Meka and Michael are not a good match. And here we go, they are fighting about sex already. And he gave her an ultimatum. Not good. 

Oh hell.  We know the men want sex as they are married now.  I’m sure the girls aren’t virgins, so why don’t they all drink a bottle of wine, let loose, and do it already.  Enough!  (I’ll go hide in the corner now.)

• LOL 18
  • Love 1

I FF through most of the meetings at the due to boredom but will say that Austin's mother gives me weird vibes. I think she will hate anyone he marries and he seems the type that would try too hard to play both sides.  

So Zack says he's not building an attraction to Mindy. Guess what, Mindy? That means he never will. She should uninvest herself for the duration here and not kiss his ass in an attempt to get his attention. The way she kept talking about him since day 1 shows that she herself is shocked that she landed such a "hot" guy. I hope she doesn't make an ass of herself trying to win him over because it ain't happening. It was a stupid pairing and he essentially has a neon sign on him that says, "I'm here for the publicity."

Michael is scary to me. Anyone who lies that easily and manipulates is someone to steer clear of. He flat out lied when he said "No" to Meka's "Did you not say that?" I believed her. She seemed very disturbed by his behavior on camera vs off. 

Katie is just annoying. The little girl voice and stuff, ugh... but they seem to be having fun so we'll see where they go.

Not much to say about Brandon and Taylor but Brandon has an arrogance about him that irks me.  I can't put my finger on it but seems totally insincere.

• Love 21

Whooo, this show is what the DVR fast-forward button was made for.

9 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Is Taylor’s hair a wig?  How about Mika’s?  I can’t imagine wipping those off at night, if they are.  The husbands must be confused.

Meka's wedding hair was her natural hair pressed and then the fake ponytail was added. We saw the stylist doing this. She does wear a wig in one of her talking heads (it's a lighter color with dark roots and IMO not the right color for her complexion). As Black men, odds are good Michael and Brandon have been around Black women who wore fake hair so I doubt it's confusing for them (also, women of all colors wear fake hair).

I find Katie annoying.

Good for Mindy's friend for calling out that Zach has career aspirations that might benefit from "exposure." You can tell Zach isn't attracted to Mindy even before she said he'd said it, and is very conscious of the cameras. Mindy has a slight air of desperation, like she's really really REALLY eager for this to work, and Zach is dismissive. "Are you still talking to me while I wash my face?" is rude.

Meka's mother is beautiful. Meka and Michael did not look comfortable during the post-family debrief - the other couples were walking and talking and they were standing kind of far apart with closed body language. I did laugh when Michael said "You'll marry a whole stranger but you won't try new food?"

Meka read Michael for filth all the way into the commercial break, and she did it calmly and cogently. Good for her. (I believe her.)

Austin and Jessica are the only couple where I think "Yeah, I could see this." They're the same kind of nerdy, goofy type.

• Love 16

I have a nervous laugh too so I get it , but Jessica’s is over the top and She does it after every sentence . I do see the similarities between Jessica and Austin , but I see zero sexual chemistry . I cannot imagine them having sex or even making out . 

Brandon is a phony balogna and I can just see the cheater in him instantly . Taylor has the same mouth as Taylor swift . Originally I didn’t think I’d like her based on her intro package but she seems very sweet and down to earth . 

katie ... lucked out . She’s not pretty ( in my opinion ) and her voice would drive me crazy instantly , but Derek seems to like her and he seems awesome to be around . Mindy and meka must have daggers out for her because he’s both cute and has a good personality . 

Mindy felt from day one that Zach was too good to be true and her constant obsessing over him and how perfect he was was sure to come to an end . It’s a shame because she could have benefited from a Derek or even an Austin where they’re just down to earth guys . She’s over the top excited about everything but she’s very sweet and is the type you root for . Aspiring models and men that look and act like Zach have never been what attracts me . Mindy fell too fast and hard for someone she didn’t yet get to know . 

• Love 13

Man, those morning after meetings reeked of job interviews!

Interviewer:  Asking the hard questions to get a reaction.

Interviewee:  Giving the rehearsed response. 

So far the only couple I have the feels for are Katie and Derek.  Austin and Jessica need to quit with the witty banter and have some real, serious conversations.  I'm not even paying any attention to Taylor and Brandon because I know they're going to split.  And now, Meka and Michael are falling apart at the seams.  Zach and Mindy seem quite predictable so far - hot dude can't feel the spark with the desperate insecure wifey.

• Love 6