Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: One Night Spouse

• Start Topic

Katie is only in love with Derek because he is hot. She doesn' t know him AT ALL yet he is the greatest man on the planet.  He is just a perfect human being, the best man ever. Seriously she is giggling and carrying on cause she got a hot guy. It pains me to watch her with him.  I wish they would have matched her with a normal decent looking guy. Then I don't think she would be gushing like this.

I think Mindy is nice and sophisticated, but yes not a 10 in lookswise and her match thinks HE is a 10. A few people here predicted he would not be attracted to her. 

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 11

I'm at the point where I can't even blame the experts for their matching skills ... my finger is pointed directly at the producers who put through obviously insincere, emotionally damaged, red flag waving contestants in the first place. The show places too much emphasis on the participants being conventionally attractive, both for TV purposes and to hopefully encourage matches that have the potential for sexual chemistry. IMO they should stop recruiting and start casting regular schlubs, male and female, who actually applied and are genuinely hoping for a lasting union. That would be a much more interesting show to me.

Who even takes headphones on their honeymoon, much less wears them in a group social situation? Someone who plans to retreat and block others out, that's who.

Zach was an ass for basically telling Mindy not to talk to him while he's washing his face, but then she just stood there and resumed talking to him. Read the assy room!

Him criticizing her hygiene gave me bad flashbacks to Luke and Kate.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 19

And Derek basically admitted that he didnt apply for this show (he was approached by the show). He said: If you had asked me a month ago what I'd be doing, that I'd be married and on a honeymoon, I never would have thought this. Ha ha ha ha ha isnt the application period like 6 months before they get married?

Edited by calpurnia99
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, 2727 said:

IMO they should stop recruiting and start casting regular schlubs, male and female, who actually applied and are genuinely hoping for a lasting union.

I can only imagine how horrible the comments would be for people who are less than attractive after reading the comments on these folks who are at least decent to attractive looking.

I didn't watch last night- got stuck down a rabbit hole looking at Disney World hotel reviews on You Tube with my kids. It got too late with the stupid 2 hour run time. Now I'm debating skipping this episode since so many here said it was boring. Is there any reason I should watch it tonight? Or is it enough to know Meka and Michael are already imploding and Zach has proved himself to be the phony asshole we all assumed he was......

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Is there any reason I should watch it tonight? Or is it enough to know Meka and Michael are already imploding and Zach has proved himself to be the phony asshole we all assumed he was......

Watch the last 30 - 45 minutes. I skipped most of the "person meets with their spouse's family," which was the entire first hour.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, endure said:

What's with the annoying narrator, is that new?

LOL it turns out I had 'Video Description' turned ON - I haven't a clue how that got turned on but I finally figured out it was happening on other shows too, I looked it up and turned  it OFF.  I wondered why no one else was complaining about getting this play by play while watching the show.....it was so annoying ha  ha 🤭

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 2727 said:

IMO they should stop recruiting and start casting regular schlubs, male and female, who actually applied and are genuinely hoping for a lasting union. That would be a much more interesting show to me.

I hate to say it but that type of show probably wouldn't stay on the air for very long.  People want to see good looking people on TV, if they didn't there would be less good looking people on TV.  If I want to see regular schlubs, I'll look out the window.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I hate to say it but that type of show probably wouldn't stay on the air for very long.  People want to see good looking people on TV, if they didn't there would be less good looking people on TV.  If I want to see regular schlubs, I'll look out the window.

But isn't it true that enough people have bad relationships and bad marriages and aren't all that interested in watching someone else go through anything similar to what they're experiencing?

I don't know what the numbers are for MAFS, but the idea is just so intriguing and then the experts go and screw up the implementation so badly that it's just awful.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Michael:  “I’ve got a lifetime to engage in coitus.”

I rewound TWICE to make sure I heard that right and then make sure again. I am 60 years old and I don't believe I have ever heard that word spoken aloud ... read it eleventy-mazillion times, yes, so I knew what it was, but used (especially in this context)? Gobsmacked. 

I hope he was just being facetious or deliberately fakey-smart. 

Also, I too have Jessica's PJs (or ones nearly identical ... really soft and comfy). 

Finally, while I am guessing they all implode at some point, I am really loving Derek. There's just something adorkable about him. And I also think that Brandon has made yooge strides from last episode. He's finding his comfort zone (and that gift was a sweet touch). 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Well I’m glad she is, because he isn’t.  If Zack is in for the wrong reasons, fire those dumb experts, pronto.  Poor Mindy .. my heart is breaking already.

I would rather she not be this invested so early so she wouldn't be totally deflated. But she was just so damn giddy from the jump. I was hoping she would dial it way back & take her time to get excited over him, or not.

• Love 14
14 hours ago, PityFree said:

Clues that Zach would turn out to be an ass:

• wearing the hat
  • not helping Mindy with her suitcase
  • his stupid bracelet 
  • his modeling pics

He has been way too aware of the cameras and playing to them. 

• blow drying his hair with a round brush 😄 

8 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Oh hell.  We know the men want sex as they are married now.  I’m sure the girls aren’t virgins, so why don’t they all drink a bottle of wine, let loose, and do it already.  Enough!  (I’ll go hide in the corner now.)

As a rule they do have sex on the honeymoon - dumbass should have watched a few seasons and kept his piehole shut.  I'm wondering if Michael being raised primarily by women has led to him thinking he can just state his requests and have them fulfilled by the ladies immediately.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

A lot of grooms get drunk before their wedding.  Maybe he did say something and really forgot?  Or he’s just a wise ass but doesn’t really mean what he says?  I have to watch again as I was on the thread at the same time.  Alcohol can screw things up big time.  Some people say the wrong things just to blab.  He has to explain himself.  Next week, I hope, after 54 commercials.

I believe Meka said his comments were during a discussion on the plane.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, OnTime said:

Mindy is out walking the hotel hallway with makeup, yet when she was back in the room with Zach she didn't have it on.

Wonder if she ran in to Michael since he was out to check into his own room. The drama is starting early this season.

I noticed the makeup too.

10 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Then 24 hours later she hears her husband isn;t into her.

6 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Zach day 1:  I want to make you feel like the most beautiful woman in the room.

Zach day 2:  I am not building an attraction to you.

I'll be happy to be wrong, but I don't think the hall walking happened on the first night of the honeymoon, because of the makeup.  Unless she sensed his revulsion at her oiliness and changed her mind and took a shower and put on makeup and then went to bed, and that's when he told her he's not building an attraction to her.

10 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Then on unfiltered the bonus footage we see is Mindy standing on the dance floor alone as the DJ asks for the father of the bride. Why does the show do this?

This really pisses me off, although I shouldn't be surprised because people who would put a show like this together obviously have a cruel streak in them.

5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I have an issue with Meka wearing that fake hair, especially since she had no problem wearing her hair natural BEFORE she met her husband. 

When they showed the brides getting ready for bed that first night, I swear one of them expressed surprise at having false eyelashes on.  If that's the case, it speaks to how nervous she must have been when getting her makeup applied.  I've never had false eyelashes on, but I can't imagine you can't feel them. 

And at least with a normal couple, the groom has previously seen the bride sans makeup that turns her into the best she'll ever look (excepting weddings that took place in the 80s, of course).  I can't imagine what it's like if the only way he's ever seen her is with wedding makeup, and then bedtime.  

5 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Mindy is pretty and has a nice figure. It weirds me out so bad the way thin women on these shows are always accused of having eating disorders. Even if she did, what would be the point of saying it? Not like it would help her. Nobody calls out the regimented orthorexia some people substitute for an identity. But I don’t notice Mindy having any actual “symptoms” of an eating disorder, just a lithe body.

Orthorexia!  Never heard that word before, but I looked it up and I think it will come in handy.  I learn so much in these trash TV forums.

4 hours ago, Mrs. Button said:

[Ice skating] Judges are supposed to judge on skill, but I think the criteria varies a lot (e.g. some should be on Toddlers & Tiaras and are judging on hair/makeup/dress, others pick favorites on sight or will score hard if something about an individual's style is a pet peeve, etc.). It's quite an odd world really.

And has been for a long time, since it was definitely going on when Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding were competing against each other.  Not sure about any drama with Peggy Fleming.

For the record, I think Mindy looks fine.  If she's an ice skating teacher or coach, she's exercising constantly, so I'm not surprised she's thin. 

3 hours ago, AzraeltheCat said:

[also, I never liked the fact that someone else would know I was being proposed to before the actual proposal].

Yes!  And I'll go even further and say I don't like proposals in general, but that's another topic.

But in this case, asking the father was particularly ridiculous because (1) the marriage has already happened so what's the point, and (2) her dad doesn't even know Derek.  I'm a big proponent of informed decisions, and this most certainly was not one.

Then again, the dad seemed touched, and Katie loved it.  My out-loud response was, "Well played."

1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

Mine is too. 😥 Mindy seems like a sweetheart; she's had so much loss in her life and appeared to be a 'right reasons' participant.  I hate that she's probably going to be experiencing some major heartbreak.

Even worse, how's her family going to react?  She's going to have to go crawling back with her tail between her legs, and her family has already shown themselves not to be the most supportive people in the world.

I feel for her because even if they don't say anything, you know she'll think they're thinking it.  I really hope they're nice about it.

• Love 14

My crystal ball sees the future of that Mrs Reid pendant—I see it lost in the garbage among the photos and mementos of Amber and Matt’s marriage, and maybe stuck in an old wax melt.

Someone needs to start a Married At First Sight Museum (perhaps a wing in a larger Reality Show Museum). It's would be a regular Pop Culture Smithsonian! Something from Tom's tour bus (or heck, maybe the bus itself), Iris' glasses, Luke's beard comb, the women's shoe from that one guys' trunk (can't remember his name sorry)  ... so many treasures await.

• LOL 13

Hang a clown portrait painted by Hundy Ryan's beloved grandfather....

The tether ball and rope that Sam slammed Neil with....

Ashley Petta's couch blanket

Mia's arrest photo from the DFW Jail

Iris-Lemonade

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2

Before I even read any posts I have a question. Were they all using the same brand of toothbrush and was there a lot of brushing going on? Product placement?

On 1/22/2020 at 8:07 PM, Ohwell said:

Jessica's wearing my pajamas!

And why is Taylor wearing a big ass watch to bed?

And Zack is wearing what looks like a fitbit watch.

Because when the camera crew leaves they will really get ready for bed.

• Love 6

Tooth brushing is a regularly filmed MAFS activity...much to the annoyance of more than a few posters...

On the night of the ceremony Meka pretended to be tucked in as tight as a Chipotle burrito but in the morning she had obviously gotten up covered her hair and put on a more comfy sleep tank top after the camera light clicked off

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I thought Meka was very uncomfortable.  If Meka is a woman who always wears her hair natural, it could have made her feel strange, wearing someone else's hair on her head.  I don't wear weaves or pieces and it would have made me feel uncomfortable.

I agree that this could be a piece of it for Meka. She hasn’t been the initial self we saw. 

I have very curly hair, and grew up in the 70s and 80s; my mother had no idea how to manage it whatsoever, so...comments were made... All I ever wanted was the straight hair everyone else had. As an adult, I’ve straightened my hair once. I felt so strange and outside of myself that I cried for days, and eventually just cut it off.   
Many years later, I lost my hair to chemo; wigs just didn’t work for me.  I advocated for my students to be able to wear headscarves as part of dress code, when I saw firsthand how some girls shut down over hair.   

Hair is deep. 

• Love 24

Ashley & Anthony saw snails on their honeymoon, came home & adopted some snail babies. Jessica was a little freaked out by the lizard, but maybe they'll grow on her while in Panama & they'll adopt their own lizard baby someday.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Yes .. Derek and Jessica would have made a great couple.  Unlike Mutt & Jeff.

Why such negativity for a height difference? My daughter is 5'0" and her husband is 6'6". They are very happy together. She always liked tall guys and he always liked petite girls.

• Love 16
56 minutes ago, retired watcher said:

That's what rooms in all inclusive are like.

We’ve stayed at quite a few all inclusive’s and never had a room like that. Even on a cruise the bathroom was in a separate room from the bed and living area.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

On the night of the ceremony Meka pretended to be tucked in as tight as a Chipotle burrito but in the morning she had obviously gotten up covered her hair and put on a more comfy sleep tank top after the camera light clicked off

She had her phone in bed with her while they ordered breakfast.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, retired watcher said:

Why such negativity for a height difference? My daughter is 5'0" and her husband is 6'6".

I think the height difference is adorable! I’m 5’8” and I’ve always wished I were shorter!

1 hour ago, Delta Blow said:

All I ever wanted was the straight hair everyone else had.

Oh the irony! I have perfectly straight hair by birth and I go out of my way keeping it in a bun so that it gets some curls!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Recap of preview for next week's episode:

Pastor Cal (voiceover): Next time on Married At First Sight, the honeymoon heats up.

Quick clips of Mindy and Zack dressed in casual clothes, walking up to some grass huts and some Panamanians in native clothing playing musical instruments; Jessica and Austin walking hand in hand, and then taking a selfie together while kissing on the coastline with the city in the background; Derek twirling Katie around in the hotel room.

Next is Derek and Katie walking up to the hotel room, Katie is wearing a blindfold. As Derek opens the door, he removes the blindfold. Katie sees the room, and says, "Awwww..." There are a trail of rose petals on the floor leading up to the bed, then a tray with champagne and food on the bed. Katie: "This is so cuuute." 

Katie and Derek in bed together, wearing bathrobes, and kissing. Katie in voiceover: "This guy is so perfect." Katie in ITM: "He's making me feel some type of way." (Katie is obviously smitten.)

Taylor, in bathing suit, holding cellphone and champagne glass, walks up to the bathroom, and sees Brandon sitting in the tub, which is full of bubbles and surrounded by tea lights. She starts laughing. Brandon says, "Hello, Mrs. Reid. Welcome to the party." Taylor climbs into the tub with him. Taylor voiceover: "I'm very excited for what might happen tonight (giggles)." They're shown kissing in the tub.

Zach and Mindy on a small boat. Mindy says: " Did you have a favorite part?" Zach says: "My favorite part was being here with you." Mindy in ITM: "I'm feeling positive. I'm feeling excited about what's to come."

Brandon and Taylor at an outdoor venue, seated at a table (it's nighttime). Brandon: "I make mistakes, but damn, get over it." Taylor looks supremely unimpressed right then. Taylor: "Don't talk to me like that. I didn't sign up to be disrespected." (You tell him, Taylor!) Brandon: "Uhhhh" while he hangs his head and rolls his eyes, while looking at the camera.

All the couples are sitting around a table together. Jessica looks over at Meka. "Meka, are you wearing a ring?" Meka: "I'm not wearing my ring." Derek voiceover: "I think there's definitely trouble in paradise." Meka: "This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life..." Everyone around the table is looking concerned. Meka: "Not to get emotional, but, um..." She gets up and walks away from the table. Michael blinks. He looks like he's over it.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Stinamaia said:

It’s a problem for women to get mad. Mostly they are dismissed for being unreasonable if not shrewish and bitchy. Why should Meeka avoid the angry black woman trope?  She is a black woman, and she was angry.  She had facts and Michael could not address any of it except to rather long windily spout platitudes.  That just made her angrier and try harder to get a real, truthful discussion going about his intentions from the get go.

Interestingly, after Michael went to his safe space, he admitted he had said something that might have come off as harsh or too direct (I can’t remember the exact words he used.) Why couldn’t he say this directly to Meeka?  Why does Meeka have to condense her feelings and let it go?

Men get angry and shout and carry on.  We see it on the news. Where’s the angry man trope for them?

This is wrong. Zach thinks he is a 15.

The angry man trope exists. It's called the angry black man trope. It exists for both genders.

And there is always stigma with a angry man these days. But it gets labeled as toxic masculinity and so on.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Katie is like three feet tall .. Derek is like six foot three.  That’s a match?  I mean what’s wrong with these experts?  She looks like his little sister, if he has one.

I think they look adorable, but I'm biased because when I got married, I was 4'10" and my husband was six feet tall. I always liked taller guys because they didn't see my height as a bad reflection on them the way shorter guys did.  I didn't date one single short guy who didn't have issues about it and didn't lust after tall women.  Also, my mother was 5'2" and her second husband was 6', but she would tell me that because I was so short I couldn't expect to have someone tall.  

Sorry, but I'm team Katie and Derek.  He's adorable and reminds me a little of my husband, who died in 2013 and whom I miss every day.

• Love 7

If somebody ever asked me if I was "going to talk to them while they washed their face?", my sarcasm meter would immediately set to a 10! I'd be like "Oh GOD! OH NO! Wow, I hadn't realized? WTF was I even THINKING???" and I'd go on about another minute with it. Then if I was clipping a hang nail or whatever a few minutes later, my sarcasm would go on autopilot if they tried to speak to me. It'd be like "Ummmm… You're not REALLY attempting to talk to me while I'm clipping my nail are you?" 

And that's why I'm single. I give what I get. It comes with age. I'm petty like that. People can not STAND being treated they way they treat others. It is always the best avenue for revenge. JFC I'm know it's my time of the month and I'm already moody, but that little display from that prick has me all up in arms. Mindy seems so sweet, but damn some of these girls need to play it cool with these "charmers" they're matched with. Or try to at least act a little more reserved?  It seems when these girls get with these good looking guys and fall all over themselves, it never works out. Thinking of the shorty matched with the basketball player last season. Desperate is not a good look on anyone, and while Zack appears to be a "nice guy", something seems off. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 20

Initially Meka stated that Michael claimed to be ambitious. But nothing about Michael says ambitious to me at this point. The way he walks... the way he sits, and the way he clams up when confronted ( granted I don't have much else to go on) reads as though he's easily discouraged.

The issue with Meka would not have been that difficult to work around. What he said was definitely a faux pas... but the smart thing is to admit it, apologize, say it came out wrong... lean into her concerns. Even if he felt that way and then realized it offended her, duh , a grown up knows how to deal with it to diffuse the situation.

In the beginning I took him out as someone who was mature and self-assured.( maybe it was the tuxedo). He seems very childish to me now.

• Love 22

Zach knows Mindy likes him more than he likes her...so he going to toy with her emotionally.

The tease has her wandering the Panamanian halls with the hand held camcorder/cellie not wanting to go back to their room...

Mindy's over complementing him in front of the camera is awkward and cringe worthy when he has nothing for her...

Mindy is stroking his over developed ego so stop it already...

Minsie...stop going on and on about his hair...it always be camera ready and tousled just so ...your drooling over his muscles is objectifying him...remember to make eye contact and stop looking lower...eyes up

Zach blows his hair out at 3am with his round brush and then goes back to sleep keeping it perfect until 430am to work out.

Wonder if he wears a hairnet or bouffant cap (ask your granny  what these are) to keep from crushing his poufy pouf?

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
36 minutes ago, Cammi said:

If somebody ever asked me if I was "going to talk to them while they washed their face?", my sarcasm meter would immediately set to a 10! I'd be like "Oh GOD! OH NO! Wow, I hadn't realized? WTF was I even THINKING???" and I'd go on about another minute with it. Then if I was clipping a hang nail or whatever a few minutes later, my sarcasm would go on autopilot if they tried to speak to me. It'd be like "Ummmm… You're not REALLY attempting to talk to me while I'm clipping my nail are you?" 

And that's why I'm single. I give what I get. It comes with age. I'm petty like that. People can not STAND being treated they way they treat others. It is always the best avenue for revenge. JFC I'm know it's my time of the month and I'm already moody, but that little display from that prick has me all up in arms. Mindy seems so sweet, but damn some of these girls need to play it cool with these "charmers" they're matched with. Or try to at least act a little more reserved?  It seems when these girls get with these good looking guys and fall all over themselves, it never works out. Thinking of the shorty matched with the basketball player last season. Desperate is not a good look on anyone, and while Zack appears to be a "nice guy", something seems off. 

Love this. " people can't stand to be treated the way they treat others"... ain't that the truth!! And they're always so taken aback when you do! Dense and self-absorbed. They don't even know.

ITA Mindy is is much too enthusiastic. I don't think it takes a lot of sophistication to know to be wary of pretty boys. And a gym rat no less.

On one hand I like Mindy's casual  'I am who I am'  Style, but on the other hand she could not have looked frumpier on the trip down. Then, she decided to sleep in the same clothes she traveled in!

The guy is a stuck-up dick so there's no hope for this match but still, Mindy let's put your best foot forward for at least a couple days. Take a damn shower, smell pretty. And put on something girly. At least at this point you think he's so great so put a little effort into it .   it's your honeymoon.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Stinamaia said:

....and Michael could not address any of it except to rather long windily spout platitudes

Yet another reason for me to believe Meka's version.  She was showing emotion and was genuine about what she was saying.  Michael was just spewing camera-ready platitude diarrhea in a completely non-emotional tone and never said one single genuine word in that conversation.

22 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

There have been a couple of women on this show who looked pretty overweight and unhealthy to me but I doubt I’d get a lot of hearts if I named names. 

Oh there's been plenty of comments in that department over the years...this group seems to give equal-opportunity weight commentary.

On 1/23/2020 at 9:14 AM, configdotsys said:

I FF through most of the meetings at the due to boredom but will say that Austin's mother gives me weird vibes. 

The one who gives me weird vibes is grandma.  She really and truly thinks Austin is the greatest thing since sliced bread and mentions it way too often and too earnestly.

On 1/23/2020 at 9:15 AM, Empress1 said:

Mindy has a slight air of desperation, like she's really really REALLY eager for this to work

On 1/23/2020 at 9:29 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

Mindy felt from day one that Zach was too good to be true and her constant obsessing over him and how perfect he was was sure to come to an end . 

57 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Mindy's over complementing him in front of the camera is awkward and cringe worthy when he has nothing for her...

1 hour ago, Cammi said:

It seems when these girls get with these good looking guys and fall all over themselves, it never works out. 

All of this!  She just gushed about all his fantastic-ness, which is clearly what he is used to from EVERYONE, and it disgusted me.  

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Cammi said:

I probably would have looked at Zach like he was nuts and said nothing.  Sometimes being silent speaks volumes besides, I'm too tired for any type of revenge, uses up too much energy.  

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I probably would have looked at Zach like he was nuts and said nothing.  Sometimes being silent speaks volumes besides, I'm too tired for any type of revenge, uses up too much energy.  

How Zen of you! But like I said, I am too petty to keep quiet when I'm besmirched. If they're someone new to me and they set that tone, I'll set it to my tune as well. Even playing ground for all. Wouldn't take but a few minutes to know where they stand with me. But it looks like Mindy took the silent Zen route... let's wait with baited breath and see what it will get her! I'm sure not speaking up for herself until it's too late will earn Zack's respect for sure. Zack is rude, and he's used to people kissing his ass or saying nothing. Shake his reality just a little Mindy damn, you might be surprised at the result. Meeka DID speak up for herself, and no doubt will cause some pain now, but better than wasted time and energy in the long run. 

Edited by Cammi
Triggering statement for sensitive folk
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, OnTime said:

So strange! Why a combo bed and bathroom? yet the rooms have a living room?

And then Brandon and Taylor left an open suitcase RIGHT THERE and Taylor had to jump over it to make it to the bed. God forbid someone have to use the bathroom  in the middle of the night. 

I hope Zach doesn’t turn into this season’s Luke. He’s not feeling Mindy but he doesn’t have to be rude. He’s right about her comparing their marriage to everyone else’s though. 

Michael’s mannerisms are effeminate and combined with his higher pitched voice there’s no way I could ever “build an attraction” to him. And if he’s a liar/narcissist to boot? Yeah, he’d be staying in room 1122 the entire honeymoon. 

• Love 5

IMO everyone on this show has been in a normal weight range whether thinner or thicker- just different, normal bodies.

Mindy's long face/big teeth makes her face look a bit gaunt. She has a mature face & her wedding style aged her more. She looks much better now & in her TH's with her own style.

She's athletic & in as good a shape as Mr. Gym Rat, if not better possibly.

She wasn't frumpy IMO (FWIW that's coming from a bona-fide frump with no care for fashion).  She just got off a plane & looked comfortable/tired. As for not showering he wasn't gonna touch her anyway so he can bag that.

It was worse for her next to Mr. Always-Put-Together-Model-Muscle -Man. I don't find him attractive, especially with the 'thinks he's all that & 10 bags of chips' attitude.

Give me a doughy, nice, down to earth dude any day - thinking Anthony of Chicago season with his glorious hair & lack of 'tude.

They'll eventually have sex because Mindy's in lust. IIRC the track record for men 'not attracted' to their wives is none were so disgusted they didn't have sex at least a few times. 🙄

Zach was washing his face & she had the audacity to try taking his attention off himself for a few seconds. Mindy, Mr. Pretty Boy needs his 'me time' to preen in peace.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Interesting that there are comments regarding Mindy's sweats on the plane, but I was more off-put by Meka's camo pants/bright tie-dyed tshirt and socks with slides. But hey, I am all for being comfortable while traveling. However, if it were my honeymoon and I was just getting to know the guy, I'd put a little more thought into my attire.

Zach's face when Mindy said she wasn't showering was a huge tell. I don't know how long the flight was, or if she showered right before (I'm not super fastidious about that kind of thing- it wouldn't be a requirement for me or my spouse to shower after a flight), and a quick google tells me it's about 5 hours, which I don't consider as shower-worthy as a transatlantic trip. But he was overtly repulsed, complete with wrinkled nose, "ick" expression and more than one comment about it.  Give me a break. He's only interested in one thing, and that's himself.  Like others have said, he was not appealing to me from the get-go and a guy who carefully crafts his hairstyle, winks constantly and loves to take his shirt off to admire himself in the mirror is the opposite of a turn-on to me. Add to that the (expected) squealing excitement on her part ("he's soooo cute!!!") and he has too much "hand" in this relationship, to quote George Costanza.

I get that Meka was hurt and surprised at Michael's change of attitude but she did go on a lot longer than she needed to.  A more direct "hey, so on camera you were so deferential to my comfort regarding sex and then on the plane you said I'd better put out on the honeymoon- WTF? Because I have big reservations about someone who talks out of both sides of his mouth."  Her "I went all in on this... DID YOU OR DID YOU NOT SAY THAT? IT'S A  YES OR NO" gave him an excuse to retreat and turn the tables on her by labeling her an overreactor/shrew (not to say that he would be right in that at all).

Jessica and Austin are cute but so much alike that I can see this potentially fizzling in the future. The conversation about him staying up late and sleeping until 11 made me think that he plays a lot of video games at night, which is befitting his very young presentation. May not jive with her nurse manager lifestyle.

I'm not as annoyed by Katie's young-girl attitude as some are, and I think she is cute. She may need to tone down her crushing on Derek a bit to keep his interest up. I had no issue with him "asking" her dad for his approval of the marriage; it was mostly symbolic  and since Dad expressed at the wedding that he was protective of his only daughter (and as I mentioned before, the whole change in family dynamic when a child has a serious illness) I think it was a good way for Derek to earn some points with her family. 

I can't decide on Brandon yet; he obviously squirms a bit when put front and center (like in the grilling by Taylor's family. I get that as an introvert. Then again, I would never be putting my personal life on TV for everyone to see. Taylor seems to be going with the flow, which is nice. Sometimes this show portrays the "pretty girls" as being demanding and used to having everything on their terms. I like her personality so far.

• Love 14

I am not going to jump on Zach for wanting some time alone to wash his face, brush his teeth, etc. Depending on how long he has been single, and now he has this other person permanently attached to him, he needs some breathing room. Last time when Amber just popped up on Matt and demanded that he share all of his time with her was very telling. I know that being single myself, when I travel with friends, I always have to have my own room - too much togetherness, even if I love the people I am traveling with.

I am not saying Zach is perfect - he obviously didn't help Mindy with her luggage, and maybe he could have asked her if she wanted to use the bathroom first, etc., but I will just wait for it to play out more. Which, we know it will!

• Love 6