Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: One Night Spouse

• Start Topic

Shared honeymoons are a double-edged sword. They get to share their unique experience with other couples going through the same experiment. But, they might feel insecure if they're not as "connected" as others seem. They probably shouldn't all be around each other until later in the experiment where they should be more equal, but eh.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Meka is ready to throw the whole man away, and I don’t blame her. His “yes and no” response along with that blank stare tells me everything I need to know. His attempt at gaslighting her backfired big time, which is why he slithered away to another room. 
I have to agree with Johnny Bravo (Zach), getting into bed without showering after a long day is just gross. I wouldn’t be attracted to someone like that either. We all knew Zach was auditioning to be the hybrid version of Luke and Matt. So far he’s doing an amazing job at it. I get that her being overly giddy about him, her comparing their marriage and her not showering before bed might be a bit of a turn off. It’s still disrespectful of him to out right tell her that he’s not attracted to her. 

Brandon seems too immature for Taylor. I don’t think she’s attracted to him, but is being polite about it. Someone get Katie some water because girlfriend is thirsty. I agree with Derek for just wanting to take it slow instead of having sex right away. Austin and Jessica remain awkwardly cute. 

I’m hoping that Pastor Cal is the one to handle Michael and Zach when they get back. They’re going to need the same verbal smack down he gave Luke.

• Love 8

Seeing Mindy in the hallway, I was thinking she should call his mama! 😂 Maybe this was filmed on a different night. Doesn't make sense with the preview of them getting along & him saying the right things. Unless, they agreed to put on a show.

• Useful 1
On 1/23/2020 at 9:15 AM, Empress1 said:

<snip>

Mindy has a slight air of desperation, like she's really really REALLY eager for this to work, and Zach is dismissive. "Are you still talking to me while I wash my face?" is rude..

I've had relationships with men who have been far more attractive than me. 

There's a trick to it. You cannot act like you're at all impressed by their attractiveness, or grateful they're dating you. 

Zach's sister said: "Zach doesn't want someone who's just going to challenge him in the gym; but someone who is going to challenge him mentally."

And that's the key. 

With someone like Zach, if he said to me "Are you still talking to me while I wash my face?" I would reply "Well I figured you were familiar enough with the landscape you wouldn't need to concentrate." And then I'd smile and wink.

That's how you handle these guys. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Shared honeymoons are a double-edged sword. They get to share their unique experience with other couples going through the same experiment. But, they might feel insecure if they're not as "connected" as others seem. They probably shouldn't all be around each other until later in the experiment where they should be more equal, but eh.

I think it's a good idea even though it's done to save money. The girls can get together and get a little time away from their spouses and have someone to sort things out.. same with the guys. It gives them an opportunity to break up any tension or stress also. It's a highly charged situation no matter how good it's going.

5 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Seeing Mindy in the hallway, I was thinking she should call his mama! 😂 Maybe this was filmed on a different night. Doesn't make sense with the preview of them getting along & him saying the right things. Unless, they agreed to put on a show.

Mindy was wearing a black top when she plopped into bed and in the hallway she's wearing a white top and she has makeup on so I don't believe it was the same night I think it was a Coming Attraction without it actually being in the coming attractions.

4 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I've had relationships with men who have been far more attractive than me. 

There's a trick to it. You cannot act like you're at all impressed by their attractiveness, or grateful they're dating you. 

Zach's sister said: "Zach doesn't want someone who's just going to challenge him in the gym; but someone who is going to challenge him mentally."

And that's the key. 

With someone like Zach, if he said to me "Are you still talking to me while I wash my face?" I would reply "Well I figured you were familiar enough with the landscape you wouldn't need to concentrate." And then I'd smile and wink.

That's how you handle these guys. 

Thanks twirly

• Love 3
On 1/22/2020 at 6:44 PM, Ohwell said:

Even if what Meka said was true she was acting over the top like Michael raped her in her sleep.   

Yeah no. It's kind of a BIG DEAL deal to say conflicting things about something so important. Did he seriously LIE about ALL that patience stuff?? If you can't believe your spouse & it's just the third day, it's time to call it a wrap! 😅 That's not something to let slide & figure out the truth later.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, seasick said:

The girls can get together and get a little time away from their spouses and have someone to sort things out.. same with the guys. It gives them an opportunity to break up any tension or stress also. It's a highly charged situation no matter how good it's going.

Ah. I support the same genders meeting up. Just not seeing them coupled cuz insecurity could hit the less "connected" couples. They should know they're all different, but some can't handle seeming so far behind. It's probably easier to hear than see. It's not a competition, but it's a competition. Ya know?

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Ah. I support the same genders meeting up. Just not seeing them coupled cuz insecurity could hit the less "connected" couples. They should know they're all different, but some can't handle seeming so far behind. It's not a competition, but it's a competition. Ya know?

Wellll   OTOH it does give you an opportunity to compare your relationships. It was somewhat Illuminating to Mindy even though she was hoping against hope what she was seeing wasn't what she feared. If they were in a vacuum, she's just too Starry Eyed to see red flags sooner rather than later.

But even if you're not all lovey-dovey but you can tell you feel good about each other, then you can accept your own timeline.

• Love 2

Dave/Amber made it a competition with Bobby/Danielle when the grooms were asked by Paster Cal to rate their relationship.

Ricky Bobby said 10!

Dave gave Amber a 7.5  but Amber heard her score she saw it as average, a "C" grade and got all bent out of shape...Dave saw it as the lower score as an incentive for improvement.

Too soon for the grading for this cast with maybe Derek/Amber in the 8 range and Austin/Jessica a 9.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, spunky said:

Meka is ready to throw the whole man away, and I don’t blame her. His “yes and no” response along with that blank stare tells me everything I need to know. His attempt at gaslighting her backfired big time, which is why he slithered away to another room. 
I have to agree with Johnny Bravo (Zach), getting into bed without showering after a long day is just gross. I wouldn’t be attracted to someone like that either. We all knew Zach was auditioning to be the hybrid version of Luke and Matt. So far he’s doing an amazing job at it. I get that her being overly giddy about him, her comparing their marriage and her not showering before bed might be a bit of a turn off. It’s still disrespectful of him to out right tell her that he’s not attracted to her. 

Brandon seems too immature for Taylor. I don’t think she’s attracted to him, but is being polite about it. Someone get Katie some water because girlfriend is thirsty. I agree with Derek for just wanting to take it slow instead of having sex right away. Austin and Jessica remain awkwardly cute. 

I’m hoping that Pastor Cal is the one to handle Michael and Zach when they get back. They’re going to need the same verbal smack down he gave Luke.

Pastor Cal's smack Downs are worthless, let's face it. If Cal had any Integrity about dealing with these relationships he would accept the fact that there is no chemistry and no attraction and with that the relationship is hopeless.

He simply tries to shame and confront them with their actions and pretends not to acknowledge the real problem.

If the show had any real Integrity they would be willing to actually FIRE people!!

They should have fired Matt, they should have fired weirdo beardo, and they should have fired Kate,  his complicit pathetic toady. She went well beyond "victim" to support his sick lying.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, seasick said:

Pastor Cal's smack Downs are worthless, let's face it. If Cal had any Integrity about dealing with these relationships he would accept the fact that there is no chemistry and no attraction and with that the relationship is hopeless.

He simply tries to shame and confront them with their actions and pretends not to acknowledge the real problem.

If the show had any real Integrity they would be willing to actually FIRE people!!

They should have fired Matt, they should have fired weirdo beardo, and they should have fired Kate,  his complicit pathetic toady. She went well beyond "victim" to support his sick lying.

I think Pastor Cal might be trying to keep his job, so he doesn’t really say what he wants to. Luke was definitely gaslighting Kate the whole time. She was emotionally fragile and didn’t know how to handle the situation.

• Love 6

Nick and Sonia were the first couple to lie about their coitus until Sonia "cracked" and spilled the tea.......so there is a precedence of keeping sexy time on the DL  and not coming clean to the "experts"

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Dave/Amber made it a competition with Bobby/Danielle when the grooms were asked by Paster Cal to rate their relationship.

Ricky Bobby said 10!

Dave gave Amber a 7.5  but Amber heard her score she saw it as average, a "C" grade and got all bent out of shape...Dave saw it as the lower score as an incentive for improvement.

Too soon for the grading for this cast with maybe Derek/Amber in the 8 range and Austin/Jessica a 9.

And remember that they were rating their marriage - NOT rating their wives.  So I felt that Dave's rating was fair.  Amber seemed to think that SHE was being given a low rating but that wasn't the truth.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, spunky said:

I think Pastor Cal might be trying to keep his job, so he doesn’t really say what he wants to. Luke was definitely gaslighting Kate the whole time. She was emotionally fragile and didn’t know how to handle the situation.

I agree, Kate didn't know how to handle the situation , but I still think she should have been fired... that is if the show had Integrity as I said above. It would have told her that she has to be responsible for her own behavior even if she is " fragile". She still ran cover for Luke and whatever she thought was in it for her. He was one sick dude. And Pastor Cal should drop the pastor title if it's all about his job.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Nick and Sonia were the first couple to lie about their coitus until Sonia "cracked" and spilled the tea.......so there is a precedence of keeping sexy time on the DL  and not coming clean to the "experts"

I think Nick and Luke were on the same team. But I can't understand why these women would not only sleep with a guy who denies it because they have no attraction,  but actually stay with a guy who is not attracted to you but will tolerate you in order to get their  you-know-what  wet.

I mean I'm kind of old-fashioned enough that I can see myself telling the cameras it's none of their business but that's not what we're talking about here.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, seasick said:

How exactly do you “fire” someone from their marriage?  As much as I hate saying it, these people are “legally married”. They did try giving people an out last season  and not one of them wanted to bail, not even wretched Matt!  Pastor Cal has given interviews addressing this and has expressed frustration with some people (I think he was talking about Kate) who stay with the awful person no matter what. He said they cannot make people leave their spouse.

I think the bigger problem is casting these total assholes in the first place. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

You would hate my house then. There is no door to the on suite bathroom in the master bedroom. It’s a doorway to double sinks, the tub and a clear shower. Only the toilet has a door. I guess double sinks are a waste to people who need privacy for ALL of their bathroom stuff?

That being said, I do wonder at this show’s love of people brushing their teeth. I don’t care if my husband is brushing his teeth beside me, but if I was on this show, I would be telling the camera crew to get the hell out of my bathroom!

As long as theirs a door to the toilet, I’m good.  Double sinks are great.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think it's about being fake.  A lot of people confuse "keeping it real" with being rude.  A lot of people think that common courtesy is being fake. 

To me, common courtesy is being open, not shutting the door because you're not turned on in the first fifteen minutes. 

I just think a lot of them come on for the wrong reason, like exposure for some reason.  They use the show, get money for appearing, then split.  They don’t care that they are lying or breaking someone’s heart in the process.  Real creeps.  From the beginning, Zack was too good looking for Mindy .. let’s face it.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

22 hours ago, ShowFan said:

- The rooms layout is super weird. I’ve traveled all over the world to many hotels and resorts and the only time I had a bath tub in the bedroom was in a mountain cabin. And it was weird

About 20 years ago, Mr. Outlier and I found ourselves needing a motel room in Denton, Texas, right by the Texas Motor Speedway on race weekend.  Slim pickings.

We passed by several that were too scary to even consider, and even went into one (but the nonsmoking room turned out to be a smoking room where the desk clerk took us with him to watch him spray air freshener all around), and we were getting desperate.  Then we saw the Fantasy Suites.  Do we dare?

I send

Lol.  Did you use the tub?  Haha.  Reminds me of my honeymoon in the Poconos where there was a champagne glass tub in the room.  No way was I getting in there.  The Mr. looked embarrassed too.    P.s.I don’t know what happened to the rest of your post, but it was good.  Can you fix it?   I don’t know how.

Edited by Silver Bells
11 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think what Mindy’s friend was trying to say, though the show would not let her is “Why in the Hell would a guy like you have any problems finding a girl to marry in the real world and have to resort to a shitty reality show to find a spouse?” In other words, she knows Zack is on the show for publicity/exposure and is very likely to break Mindy’s heart.

There could also be a personality problem that Zack thought the experts will fix.  There are some personality issues are there?  He loves his hair more than anything except himself.

10 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Come sit with me. I agree with you. Bathroom time is 100% private. If you have to go and I'm in the shower, you wait. If I have to go, I wait. I just cannot see myself ever brushing teeth next to someone or worse, watching my spouse on the toilet. The thought makes me wince. I'm sure there are plenty who are fine with that and that's cool. Just not me. I'm thankful my spouse was the same way. 

Wow!  People are so different.  No wonder the experts can't match that well.  I would never have guessed that someone would find brushing teeth was a private behavior.  What about flossing?  Is that gross to you too?  I'd like to make a list of issues that they don't look into especially the list of what people find gross.  I think the slit will be longer than I would have previously imagined.  Is anybody going to put sex on that list?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, seasick said:

But I can't understand why these women would not only sleep with a guy who denies it because they have no attraction,  but actually stay with a guy who is not attracted to you but will tolerate you in order to get their  you-know-what 

Cuz! Women be STUPID & don't believe a man can have sex with someone they're NOT attracted to! It defies logic, but you can't apply logic to those fools!! 😂 Some don't have self respect/self esteem & think it will "attract" them or the women become more attracted because they don't want them. Some are like men & just want sex, regardless.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Dave/Amber made it a competition with Bobby/Danielle when the grooms were asked by Paster Cal to rate their relationship

NOT when they didn't try to improve their scores! 😂😂 Amber was so STUCK on that seemingly low score, she just kept whining about it instead of asking how she could improve. That rating stuff is sooooooo stupid & definitely NOT for fragile egos. What they should discuss is what they're doing well & what they can improve.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

How exactly do you “fire” someone from their marriage?  As much as I hate saying it, these people are “legally married”. They did try giving people an out last season  and not one of them wanted to bail, not even wretched Matt!  Pastor Cal has given interviews addressing this and has expressed frustration with some people (I think he was talking about Kate) who stay with the awful person no matter what. He said they cannot make people leave their spouse.

I agree.  These people are adults, no one held a gun to their head and forced them onto this show.

What I find interesting about this show is the randomness of it all.  There are all these books out here, telling mainly women what they need to do to attract the "perfect" guy.  Crap.

The truth is that life is mostly random.  You can do everything right, you can be the perfect person and still meet a toad, because that's life, it's a coin toss, a crap shoot, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.  There are many attractive, intelligent, kind people who never meet their "soul mate."  Doesn't mean anything is wrong with them, it's just life. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

How exactly do you “fire” someone from their marriage?  As much as I hate saying it, these people are “legally married”. They did try giving people an out last season  and not one of them wanted to bail, not even wretched Matt!  

TAKE AWAY the $$$$, the housing, & the cameras & see how "committed" they stay. 😂😂 Much less pressure when the production side is gone. Yes. There's family & friends pressure, but that doesn't stop them from acting like fools in the first place! That SHAM "Are you committed" BS?? It's not even worth mentioning! That wasn't even framed like an out. Of course people will say, "Yes, I'm committed"! If they say no, it would seem like they're not trying & failed. The question should be, "given all that's happened &.the state of your marriage, do you wish to continue?" Better yet, they should give them a questionnaire & decide whether they should continue from the results & what kind of help they need.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I think the bigger problem is casting these total assholes in the first place. 

I didn't realize that Cal did interviews about this. I didn't watch a lot of the before and after shows. No you can't fire them from their marriage but you can put them off the show. Apparently they are using the show for some other purpose. It was certainly obvious in the case of Matt who was out every night.

I get that even lost causes like Matt and Luke matchups can still be entertaining. And if couple can agree to play the part for the eight weeks to get that exposure then good for them. But there were women with real feelings, real emotional abuse issues and they would push them back together just for the sake of the show.

You can only say so much about real marriages and real experts while knowingly letting these kinds of assholes make an obvious joke out of the process. If Matt couldn't bother to make it look plausible then I say he should be fired.

The Kate and Luke thing was so sick and abusive they should have never aired it in my opinion

They're welcome to stay married but we all know that's not going to happen.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, seasick said:

I agree, Kate didn't know how to handle the situation , but I still think she should have been fired... that is if the show had Integrity as I said above. It would have told her that she has to be responsible for her own behavior even if she is " fragile". She still ran cover for Luke and whatever she thought was in it for her. He was one sick dude. And Pastor Cal should drop the pastor title if it's all about his job.

They were both a mess. She for whatever reason kept holding out hope that Luke would become attracted to her. Luke gaslight her , while blatantly telling and showing her that he wasn’t the least bit attracted to her. I blame the experts for that horrible match. Luke made it clear that he prefers women of color, so they decided to give him the blandest white woman they could find.

• Love 1

I cannot lay the blame solely on the experts and claim that participants are all doe eyed ingenues.  These people signed up for a reality show that has been on for multiple seasons.  The episodes can be viewed either on Lifetime's website or even on YouTube. 

Reality shows are all about the drama, using editing and producing to create drama so the ratings will go up, that's it, that's what the show is about, ratings and money.  If someone finds true love in the middle of it, well that's a plus.

• Love 8
On 1/23/2020 at 5:13 AM, Cammi said:

they even seem to stay within a certain tonal range when matching ethnic cast members

I noticed that in Will and Jasmine's season and really noticed it this season and last season when they selected a darker black couple and a lighter black couple.

18 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I swear, between this and all the people who agreed with Iris’s “no street clothes on the bed rule” last season, I feel like I must be some kind of gross pig because neither of these things have ever occurred to me before watching this show and reading this forum!

I didn't get into the "no street clothes on the bed rule" until I dated a guy who had that rule. After that, I became very no steet clothes on my bed and generally wouldn't get in my bed without showering.  In hotel beds, if I'm tired enough I'm very Mindy-like.

10 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

It seems to me Michael (if he said that since we didn't hear it for ourselves), just wanted to get married to be able to have sex. 

Which is odd since generations of his family managed to have sex before he was the first person in his family get married.

9 hours ago, Lindz said:

These are "good-looking" people?? HIGHLY disagree! They're mostly average, some have been below, almost in "look-away" territory. Even this season: Katie & her chin tuck, gummy look & Mindy & her HUGE teeth! Zach is the only "above average" looking one. 😂

Good-looking is subjective. I'd argue that Zach the model isn't (much) better looking than Mindy or 6 other cast members. And, I understand that plenty of people would strongly disagree.

• Love 9

These people are taking some chance getting married like this sight unseen.  In the first place, they are all good looking, so they can’t find someone on their own?  Then, you have to not be afraid of being in front of a camera crew, then speak.  Yikes!  I could never do it even for money.  Besides, in real life, I would know in one second after seeing a guy, if I would want to sleep with him no less.  I can’t even imagine sleeping next to a stranger.  What if he was a psycho?  They are taking some chance here and I don’t know why.  When you go on a dating site, at least you can see and talk to a person first before going forward.  Here, you’re stuck with whoever for what .. six months, or whatever.  Doesn’t make sense.  The few that stayed married was just a turn of the coin.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I cannot lay the blame solely on the experts and claim that participants are all doe eyed ingenues.  These people signed up for a reality show that has been on for multiple seasons.  The episodes can be viewed either on Lifetime's website or even on YouTube. 

Reality shows are all about the drama, using editing and producing to create drama so the ratings will go up, that's it, that's what the show is about, ratings and money.  If someone finds true love in the middle of it, well that's a plus.

Come to think of it,  I think the experts are only there for show and the whole show is scripted.  The few that are still married happened to be a fluke.  Almost all go on for money or exposure or the thrill of being on t.v.   That’s my opinion.  It’s a show that’s making money, they are the puppet masters, and we are the puppets. And I didn’t drink wine tonite as I don’t drink at all, lol.    Seven pages of posts so far for an episode we didn’t even like.  The producers are clapping.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 8

This is the first chance I get to post on this episode.  I had a hell of a week - Eldercare issues, my best friend lost her job, I pulled a back muscle, my cell phone stopped working, you name it!  I just came here to say I agree with pretty much everything said so far.  This season is so transparent we're all like one voice here.  The more I watch this season the more convinced I become that it was the work of some evil "genius" producer to pair Mindy with Zach.  I can just see the mental wheels turning at the conference table.  "Hmmmm......Let's see how we can get this shallow narcissist back for saying that there are things more important to him than appearance - Oh yeah, we'll match him with this sweeter than sweet but naive skeletal horse face that he'd have to be a real prick not to love and watch him be forced to EAT his lying ass words, MUAHAHAHAHAHA.......

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

YOOOOOOOO! Michael wasn't wearing his ring during "the talk"!! Then Meka doesn't wear her ring at the group dinner... They're playing the PETTY ring game!! 😨😣 Totally AGAINST the rules!! Couples should totally get strikes & get removed when they get too many!! I thought they quit, but I watched the season preview & they're in there. Hope it's not a toxic marriage!

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Lindz said:

YOOOOOOOO! Michael wasn't wearing his ring during "the talk"!! Then Meka doesn't wear her ring at the group dinner... They're playing the PETTY ring game!!

I don’t know...I’m happily married for 20 years and only wear my ring when I dress up to go out. I can’t stand any jewelry on me when I’m home or sleeping or working out. So I never pay attention to others wearing or not their rings because to us it doesn’t mean anything

• Love 9
10 hours ago, RaeSpellman said:

After that, I became very no steet clothes on my bed and generally wouldn't get in my bed without showering.

Yeah both are very commonly accepted rules in our home. We actually change clothes immediately when we come home. I can’t even fathom wearing the same clothes inside and out...I was raised that way and my husband easily adopted it for himself too

Edited by ShowFan
  • Love 3

I feel like Derek is putting on and act as much an act as Zach.  I don't buy his "I've never been in love" act.   The asking the dad for his permission was just stupid and in my mind, the attempt to show the viewers what a great guy he is.

Edited by sasha206
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, spunky said:

They were both a mess. She for whatever reason kept holding out hope that Luke would become attracted to her. Luke gaslight her , while blatantly telling and showing her that he wasn’t the least bit attracted to her. I blame the experts for that horrible match. Luke made it clear that he prefers women of color, so they decided to give him the blandest white woman they could find.

It was a situation where Kate was EXTREMELY attracted to Luke and he could not stand  her at all.

People talk about how men lose their minds when they are attracted to a woman but I have seen similar things with women as well. I really could not believe that she hung out with him after the show was over considering how bad he treated her. I guess when you are insanely attracted to someone, they just have a lot of power over you. I hope this is not the case with Mindy and Zack.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Wow!  People are so different.  No wonder the experts can't match that well. 

Boy you said it! I am astonished by the different things that bother people on this forum - things I just take for granted as normal to me would horrify some of these people! It’s one of the things I like about coming here, but your point about matching people is true - it’s a total crap shoot.

15 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I cannot lay the blame solely on the experts and claim that participants are all doe eyed ingenues.

I frankly wonder how much power the experts have in picking these people. At this point I think it’s 100% the producers who do the picking. The “experts” are tv actors just shilling what the producers want. I said it before, and I’ll say it again - I would not be surprised if the scene where they sit down and pick the participants is filmed after the fact, or later In the season. It comes across as so scripted, and the “concerns” that are expressed about matching particular people often come to fruition. I don’t think these people have a magic crystal ball or are smart enough to foresee some of these issues so clearly. The fact that some of these nut jobs were chosen as acceptable candidates when everyone here can see red flags from 15 minutes of tv footage kind of says it all. And the idiots who entered this looking for a fairytale or true love without a little skepticism are insane. All they had to do was watch any of the prior seasons to know the odds are verrrry low of a making a successful match.....

• Love 11
4 hours ago, qtpye said:

It was a situation where Kate was EXTREMELY attracted to Luke and he could not stand  her at all.

People talk about how men lose their minds when they are attracted to a woman but I have seen similar things with women as well. I really could not believe that she hung out with him after the show was over considering how bad he treated her. I guess when you are insanely attracted to someone, they just have a lot of power over you. I hope this is not the case with Mindy and Zack.

Unfortunately I think it is. It could also be that her desperation is annoying him. She made a comment about him messing up his perfect hair with his hat and he in an annoyed tone said “Oh my God”.  His sister did say he likes women who can challenge him intellectually more than physically.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I feel like Derek is putting on and act as much an act as Zach.  I don't buy his "I've never been in love" act.   The asking the dad for his permission was just stupid and in my mind, the attempt to show the viewers what a great guy he is.

But that's' just what I'd do if I were on television, put on a facade to show how nice I am, even though I might be a bitch in real life.

Seriously though, while I thought asking for her hand in marriage was a bit much, I don't blame him for trying to come across as nice.   What else is a man or woman supposed to do?   I think most of us wouldn't want to come across as jackholes and embarrass ourselves and our families.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

This is the first chance I get to post on this episode.  I had a hell of a week - Eldercare issues, my best friend lost her job, I pulled a back muscle, my cell phone stopped working, you name it!  I just came here to say I agree with pretty much everything said so far.  This season is so transparent we're all like one voice here.  The more I watch this season the more convinced I become that it was the work of some evil "genius" producer to pair Mindy with Zach.  I can just see the mental wheels turning at the conference table.  "Hmmmm......Let's see how we can get this shallow narcissist back for saying that there are things more important to him than appearance - Oh yeah, we'll match him with this sweeter than sweet but naive skeletal horse face that he'd have to be a real prick not to love and watch him be forced to EAT his lying ass words, MUAHAHAHAHAHA.......

Welcome to the freakin club.  It’s been a hell of a few months for me too.  Besides other things, I tripped and wound up in hospital with 35 stitches in my knees.  Can barely walk, so this stupid thread keeps me occupied.  It’s been the worst episode ever, but lots of posts.  Feel better.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

These people are taking some chance getting married like this sight unseen.  In the first place, they are all good looking, so they can’t find someone on their own?  Then, you have to not be afraid of being in front of a camera crew, then speak.  Yikes!  I could never do it even for money.  Besides, in real life, I would know in one second after seeing a guy, if I would want to sleep with him no less.  I can’t even imagine sleeping next to a stranger.  What if he was a psycho?  They are taking some chance here and I don’t know why.  When you go on a dating site, at least you can see and talk to a person first before going forward.  Here, you’re stuck with whoever for what .. six months, or whatever.  Doesn’t make sense.  The few that stayed married was just a turn of the coin.

I really don't know why looks always get brought up when talking about marriage and dating. You could be as hot as you want. That has nothing to do with being able to keep a significant other. You can get a lot of people by being attractive. It doesn't mean you can keep them.

In general, people just have a lot of barriers that keep people from being with someone long term. I don't question why any of these people are single. Especially, not because they are good looking which is all in the eye of the beholder anyway.

I'm sure none of y'all are watching couples couch but I'm enjoying a lot.

Jephte, in particular, is a laugh riot. 

I do love some observations about Brandon from the show. I don't think he's great or anything but the vitriol he garners here is completely lost on me. But, they were joking about how drunk he looked as the wedding goes on. Which, if true, plays into his demeanor on the wedding day and why he might if seemed out of it while meeting the family. Also, joking about how he's a cornball. He's trying to be the cool guy but a dork in reality. That's how I've always seen him. He could end up being the worst of the bunch but that's all I see right now. Not the worst offense out there.

I agree with others too in regards to being perplexed about all the things that bug people so, so much. That's also part of the dating problem today. People are even more nitpicky out there but also online dating makes it's easier to only seek out what you think you want to the exact degree.

• Love 7