Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: One Night Spouse

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Holy shit!  Mika’s screaming match that lasted for about half the program was hilarious.  My husband said “what’s her point”, hahaha.  I don’t thinkMichael knew either, so walked out.  She was right of course, but men don’t understand.  Everything is black or white in their eyes.

It can't just be that this specific guy got busted and had no way to lie out of it. It's somehow a guy thing.

1 hour ago, Cammi said:

Is it odd to anyone else, that not only does the show not favor interracial marriages (Caucasian/African American), they even seem to stay within a certain tonal range when matching ethnic cast members? Darker skins together, lighter tones together... Is that something that the participants request? I think it is done on purpose by the show and it's getting weird. 

Nope because I've said before that this is Pastor Cal's doing. He believe he pushes for all black couples and black people that are closer to dark skinned than light. Not saying he always gets it. But, I feel this is an agenda pushed by him. Double points if you say you are religious which a lot of black people do say on here.

You sign your death warrant in the casting process the moment you say you prefer lighter skinned people in your dating life or you like to date interracial in general.

Yes we've had a couple of exceptions. But, out of all these couple you don't even need one hand to count them. And with Luke, they flat out ignored his preference for women of color/exotic looking women and gave one of the most basic looking white women they could find.

I personally don't give a damn about any of that. People can prefer to date whoever they want. I'm sure they are missing out on tons of great candidates because of petty things like this.

• Love 17

Now tell me.  Why would these so called experts match Zach and Mindy together?  Did they have ice skating in common or what?  I just don’t get it.  I think we all could do much better.  My hubs and I have little in common, but love each other madly still after over fifty years.

4 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Michael is a fraud in that he acts one way on camera and another way off. Meka was worried that he'd lied to the experts since he lies to her via his different behavior. If he did lie to the experts, she was concerned that she was matched with someone she wasn't actually compatible with. 

Thanks.  We here think he is a player.

• Love 9

So Mindy'a bridesmaid are already onto Zack about promoting his modeling career, maybe 18 hours after the wedding.

Zack needs to learn when lying, keeping your hands in front of his mouth is a sure "tell".  One would think he should know that given his modeling and training background.

The bridesmaids were pretty tough on him, but....

Edited by Liberty
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, lilsadone said:

I mean to say this as sensitively as possible, but as I observe Mindy, her frame, her teeth - I'm wondering if at some point in her life (or recently) she struggled with an eating disorder. 

Well she teaches skating, so I guess she was a figure skater when she was younger.  I've read that they're known for having eating disorders.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Problem is, if someone is acting differently off camera, & not admitting it, who to believe...  Meka was being very upfront, & I can't see what she would have to gain making up accusations like that at this point.

Blame the damn experts.  They stink.  Time for a change.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I’ve watched the last couple of episodes on the DVR on my iPad, which means I manually fast forward the commercials. If you suspected we’re getting a ton of them, you’re right. Commercial breaks are usually four minutes, and show segments are 4-5 minutes. Between all the ads and all the replayed-to-death footage, I’d say maybe 40% of this show time is actual content. 

You'd think following ten people around all day for eight weeks would produce enough footage to actually make a whole show, but apparently not. 

Mindy is pretty and has a nice figure. It weirds me out so bad the way thin women on these shows are always accused of having eating disorders. Even if she did, what would be the point of saying it? Not like it would help her. Nobody calls out the regimented orthorexia some people substitute for an identity. But I don’t notice Mindy having any actual “symptoms” of an eating disorder, just a lithe body.

Zach reminds me of Harry Connick, Jr., although I don’t want to accuse Harry of being a faker. His wife is tall and thin, BTW. 

Not to be overly argumentative, but Mindy appears to this jaded eye as not "thin," not "lithe," but seriously skinny. My money says Zach was hoping for a busty blonde gym bunny. You know---to co-star in his fitne$$ Instagrams and YouTube tutorials.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10

My 13-y.-o. daughter figure skates, and I will say that the girls (and even the boys) as well as the coaches do come in all shapes and sizes — though if you are jumping into the air and propelling yourself into long spins, a streamlined frame helps, a lot. 

But you can be quite good at any size if you are dedicated — my rather willowy daughter has lost at competition to girls who aren't built like most people expect skaters to look. Judges are supposed to judge on skill, but I think the criteria varies a lot (e.g. some should be on Toddlers & Tiaras and are judging on hair/makeup/dress, others pick favorites on sight or will score hard if something about an individual's style is a pet peeve, etc.). It's quite an odd world really.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Not to be overly argumentative, but Mindy appears to this jaded eye as not "thin," not "lithe," but seriously skinny. My money says Zach was hoping for a busty blonde gym bunny. You know---to co-star in his fitne$$ Instagrams and YouTube tutorials.

I think Zach laid her on the bed upside down because he knew he wasn't attracted to her and he was uncomfortable and didn't know how to handle her.  It's possible that he didn't want to physically hurt her because she's so thin.  Even though he's not attracted to her, he still should be nice and act like a gentleman until decision day.  That goes for anyone on this show.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I think Zach laid her on the bed upside down because he knew.....

he has the best  camera angle to capture his face for his grand gallant gesture to cause the romantics in the audience to swoon...

Reminded me when Popeye and Olive Oyl got married....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

12 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

So who do we have confirmation on that consummated the marriage?

So far, none of them.

2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I didn't like Derek asking Katie's dad for "her hand" because it rang of a time where women were property, first belonging to the father, then the husband.  If a guy told me he asked for my father's hand, especially if I no longer lived with my parents, I'd think him an asshole.

I rolled my eyes in moderate disdain until he said something about it not being a real marriage unless the man got his bride's father's blessing.  Then I got offended.  I guess my marriage is invalid, because my husband didn't get my 25-years-in-the-grave father's blessing.  Damn, Derek, I want to like you, and then you get all assy and stuff!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I'm not worried about Meka being the liar. She seemed very upfront, calm, & articulate with Michael. I've dealt with a lying gaslighter most of my life, & he's done some of the same things in response to being confronted with this toxic behavior: big man spread with head down, hands on face, incoherent response, "no that's not what I said/did" gaslighting (I have to keep records of what's said/done so I know the truth), plus lots more 'fun' stuff I wouldn't wish on her or anyone. These assholes must have a handbook they follow because it was blowing my mind how familiar... She'll probably have to ride this out but I'm hoping she dumps his sorry ass quickly.

• Love 21

Meka must have pitched her fit to the field director prior to getting to the room because she and Michael didn't bother to unpack.

Good for her not crumbling and caving for the show.

Meka is an improved Heather, nothing wrong with folding the cards and going home....awkward couples' dinner alert....much like Bobby/Danielle and Dave/Amber wondering where Tristan/ Mia were...no one guessed Mia was being held at DFW airport jail before getting transported to the Tarrant County Pokey....

Mindy be a better Kate, don't let Zach "Luke" your self confidence.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm not worried about Meka being the liar. She seemed very upfront, calm, & articulate with Michael. I've dealt with a lying gaslighter most of my life, & he's done some of the same things in response to being confronted with this toxic behavior: big man spread with head down, hands on face, incoherent response, "no that's not what I said/did" gaslighting (I have to keep records of what's said/done so I know the truth), plus lots more 'fun' stuff I wouldn't wish on her or anyone. These assholes must have a handbook they follow because it was blowing my mind how familiar... She'll probably have to ride this out but I'm hoping she dumps his sorry ass quickly.

Interesting.  I think people hear and see things based on their own experiences, which makes sense.  It doesn't make other opinions "wrong" or ours "right," it's just different.  

I remember when the "50 Shades" books came out and a lot of people thought the relationship was abusive; but quite a lot of people didn't think it was abusive.  Doesn't make one opinion right or another wrong.  

I lean on the side of Meka, not because she's a woman (I hate it when people automatically want to assume the man is lying), but because Michael denied he said ANYTHING like that to her and had NO IDEA why she was upset, I don't believe she just went from 0 to 60 over nothing.  

The experts needed to have been there right then to sort everything out.

• Love 12
53 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

My money says Zach was hoping for a busty blonde gym bunny.

Exactly! Zach should have been matched with a younger gym bunny and Mindy should have been matched with an older man that actually knows what he wants and is really, really ready to get married. Mindy is taking this very seriously and I don't blame her for that. Still, I think she has alot of insecurity issues. 

So far I'm only liking Derek and the pretty one that married Brandon (can't even remember her name)!

Meka and Michael will bail soon, then we will be back to 4 couples as it should have been all along because damn those marriage's and receptions spanned over 3 episodes, 2 hrs. each and I was bored to death, fast forwarding through most of that.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 16
15 minutes ago, Lovecat said:
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I didn't like Derek asking Katie's dad for "her hand" because it rang of a time where women were property, first belonging to the father, then the husband.  If a guy told me he asked for my father's hand, especially if I no longer lived with my parents, I'd think him an asshole.

I rolled my eyes in moderate disdain until he said something about it not being a real marriage unless the man got his bride's father's blessing.  Then I got offended.  I guess my marriage is invalid, because my husband didn't get my 25-years-in-the-grave father's blessing.  Damn, Derek, I want to like you, and then you get all assy and stuff!

eh, this didn't bother me that bad.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely would NOT want someone to ask my dad for my hand in marriage.  I'm a grown up, self-sufficient woman and don't need anyone's permission [also, I never liked the fact that someone else would know I was being proposed to before the actual proposal].  But here in the South, this is not uncommon - not sure where Derek and Katie are from, but maybe that is still common for them, esp since they are pretty young [I'm way older so it would even weirder to ask my dad]. 

• Love 10
59 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I guess we just see her differently. It sometimes feels like our culture has shifted toward obesity so much that thin people are viewed as unhealthy and abnormal, or that they’re fair game for criticism. She looks perfectly healthy to me. There have been a couple of women on this show who looked pretty overweight and unhealthy to me but I doubt I’d get a lot of hearts if I named names. 

• Love 18
50 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

he has the best  camera angle to capture his face for his grand gallant gesture to cause the romantics in the audience to swoon...

Reminded me when Popeye and Olive Oyl got married....

No, if he had laid her the opposite way you could have seen his face much better.

Yes, Meka might be telling the truth, but my issue with her was putting it all out there on blast on national television.  She just went on too long.  I know these contestants...err...marriage partners know that the show needs drama, but she overdid it.  

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Yes, Meka might be telling the truth, but my issue with her was putting it all out there on blast on national television.  She just went on too long.  I know these contestants...err...marriage partners know that the show needs drama, but she overdid it.  

They're on television, though; how else was it supposed to come out? And her whole point was that he acted one way off camera and another way on, so she was trying to force the issue on camera so he couldn't hide - she said "Can you admit that you said if we didn't have sex during the honeymoon you'd be out? Can you admit that on camera?" She maybe used too many words, but I agreed with her tactic.

Similarly, I suspect Zach told Mindy he wasn't attracted to her after the cameras were gone, because the cameras were gone, but of course it's going to come out because they're on television.

Even if neither of them addressed it right then, at some point they're going to meet with the experts, that's going to be on camera, and it's going to come out then.

(I know why people think Zach is good-looking, but he does nothing for me. He has a bro-ish vibe that never works for me. Like, objectively he has a great body and for that reason I could see hiring him as my trainer, but Mindy wouldn't have to worry that I'd be attracted to him.)

Very curious to see what Taylor means when she said she didn't sign up to be disrespected

Spoiler

, particularly since we know they don't last.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 17
20 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Interesting.  I think people hear and see things based on their own experiences, which makes sense.  It doesn't make other opinions "wrong" or ours "right," it's just different.  

I'm talking about an absolute, not a perception of things. As in, gaslighter says the sky is clear. Within a few minutes is corrected because it's cloudy that day, & person corrected says they never said that it's clear... or, gaslighter walks into room, is noticed by the other person, then walks out. Later is asked why they walked into room at that time - person says they never walked into the room - but I saw you - well I never did - etc, etc.

Those are obvious things, but examples of things I've experienced because many of them were really obvious (I was raised by gaslighters as well). It'll make you pull your hair out trying to deal with them.

I've also read gaslighting can be denying someone's feelings about something, but I was describing the obvious because with Meka/Michael it was he said something off camera then denied it when confronted on camera.

The different behavior on/off camera is also common with GL'ers, & narcissists, because they clearly behave differently with the people closest when alone with them as opposed to when others are around - as in, nasty when they're alone with you, very nice when others are around, etc.

They also play the victim, big time, when called out, & are very good at it.

I'm not diagnosing Michael as I don't know him. I'm only going by what they're showing. I do believe Meka, & not because she's a woman as there are women who pull this shit too. But as I've said before she has nothing to gain by making these accusations. She does seem to be a very direct type of person, & that's not going to mesh well with someone trying to pull off crap behind the scenes. Unfortunately she may also not seem too likeable, because along with being direct living with someone like that can kinda put you in a bad mood.

But if this is what he's doing (& it seems so to me) I'm totally here for Meka putting it all out there on camera.

I just wonder what the 'experts' will do with this... kinda makes me shudder a bit with the way they dismiss & even encourage abusive behavior on this show. 😬

• Love 15
3 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Zach reminds me of Harry Connick, Jr.

Yes! Sooo much! 

5 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Every time I've seen them, Meka and Michael haven't looked comfortable together.

Thinking about Meka, she was not comfortable before the wedding, freaking out and crying over her dress, then pacing back and forth saying she couldn't go through with the wedding just before the doors were about to open. Something about her just rubs me wrong, as if she was looking for anything to get out of this. Doesn't excuse Michael for being an ass, though. If he really said what she claims. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Man, somebody needs to coach these dames (and not just this season's) about "honeymoon stuff", like lingerie, hygiene (yes, I remember Tom's dirty feet!), over-sharing the bathroom (does teeth-brushing look good on anyone?), etc.!

Yes .. you are right.  Men can wear anything, but a woman should not dress like she’s going jogging or a sporting event.  Go to Victoria Secret and buy something cutesy and pretty .. not see thru.  Dress feminine with satins, silk and ribbons.  Not only for him, but yourself.  Nothing wrong with that.  If a woman can wear a bikini on the beach, she can wear a cute nightly to bed.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I've also considered it possible Michael was 'kidding', because they said something about his sense of humor during the ceremony, like a warning about it. But he could've explained that, instead of babbling then getting his own room.

Speaking of which, walking out on her aside (which is bad enough), I wonder who paid for him to have his own private room.

• Love 6

Playing Devil's Advocate...

Let's explore giving Michael the benefit of the doubt for a minute...

He got ahead of his skis and pushed all his chips in stating that if they didn't knock boots within the week in Panama that he was out....

Meka's reaction was a record screech off the turn table.

Bet Michael wished he could take that unfortunate declaration back and rewind.....but the sex genie was out of the bottle and Meka wasn't having any of it...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm talking about an absolute, not a perception of things. As in, gaslighter says the sky is clear. Within a few minutes is corrected because it's cloudy that day, & person corrected says they never said that it's clear... or, gaslighter walks into room, is noticed by the other person, then walks out. Later is asked why they walked into room at that time - person says they never walked into the room - but I saw you - well I never did - etc, etc.

That is more obvious and concrete.  What has happened to me is that I said something a person took it completely differently, based on their own perceptions of me.  That's not the same as someone saying, "the sky is blue and then denies saying that, when THEY SAID ID. 

My point is that we don't know what exactly was said to Meka, we're only going by what Meka said.  

However, the reason I believe her more is because Michael claimed that he said NOTHING to Meka, at all.  And that didn't ring true for me.

28 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

They're on television, though; how else was it supposed to come out? And her whole point was that he acted one way off camera and another way on, so she was trying to force the issue on camera so he couldn't hide - she said "Can you admit that you said if we didn't have sex during the honeymoon you'd be out? Can you admit that on camera?" She maybe used too many words, but I agreed with her tactic.

I think Meka was stunned.  It's obvious to me that Michael said SOMETHING to her that upset her.  But then he denied he ever said anything to her.  She had to have been upset and confused.  Also, she knows that if she says she wants a divorce RIGHT NOW, she might get a bad edit, and/or people might call her a "snitch," like, "why did she have to drag shit out like that?"  So that means she has to stay eight weeks with someone she can't trust.  

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Thinking about Meka, she was not comfortable before the wedding, freaking out and crying over her dress, then pacing back and forth saying she couldn't go through with the wedding just before the doors were about to open. Something about her just rubs me wrong, as if she was looking for anything to get out of this. Doesn't excuse Michael for being an ass, though. If he really said what she claims. 

I thought Meka was very uncomfortable.  If Meka is a woman who always wears her hair natural, it could have made her feel strange, wearing someone else's hair on her head.  I don't wear weaves or pieces and it would have made me feel uncomfortable.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Taylor and Brandon have a weird room. The bathroom and bed is all in one room. 

oh wait . Everyone’s room is like that. Weird. 

So strange! Why a combo bed and bathroom? yet the rooms have a living room?

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

That is more obvious and concrete. 

Yeah it's more like you know exactly what they said/did yet it gets completely denied. It's all kinds of crazy.

14 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

If Meka is a woman who always wears her hair natural, it could have made her feel strange, wearing someone else's hair on her head. 

She looks so much better with her natural hair. 

6 minutes ago, OnTime said:

So strange! Why a combo bed and bathroom? yet the rooms have a living room?

Was there no door at all? I can't remember. Like even for toilet & shower?

15 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Good for Meka, laying it all out there on camera.

24 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I've also considered it possible Michael was 'kidding', because they said something about his sense of humor during the ceremony, like a warning about it. But he could've explained that, instead of babbling then getting his own room.

I was really proud of her for confronting him so soon AND on camera, because in the past people like Amber and Kate let their husbands get away with that stuff for wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long and then more than halfway through the season dropped the bombshell that their husbands were actually giant creeps off camera. I disagree with some of you that she blathered on about it too much - Michael just kept staring at her with no reaction in those dead eyes, which I think made her even more upset and caused her to keep talking about it. She wasn't about to drop it, and I don't blame her one bit. But as far as I recall, she was very even and measured, not yelling. She was clearly rattled by the whole thing but she kept her composure, which I don't think I could have done if I were in her shoes.

I also considered that maybe he said something in jest but if that were the case I would think he would start laughing out of embarrassment and apologizing right away, saying "Ugh, I know, I had a few drinks and was messing around and it came out so wrong" or something? She said that she asked him about it on the plane to try to confirm and clarify what he said and he admitted he said it but then denied it when she confronted him on camera. It seems like she was trying to give him a chance to adjust his statement or say he was joking but he still didn't.

8 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Last week I was happy we did not see Mindy standing alone as the called for a father daughter dance. Then on unfiltered the bonus footage we see is Mindy standing on the dance floor alone as the DJ asks for the father of the bride. Why does the show do this?

Also, Pastor Cal made such a big deal about it, saying how amazing and incredible and "unprecedented" it was, but just last season Amber's mom did the same thing for Matt whose family wasn't there. It wasn't that crazy of a moment and it certainly wasn't anything we hadn't seen before. It's just manufactured drama. If these are REAL, LEGALLY BINDING MARRIAGES like they tell us every week, why would the wedding dj suggest things that clearly cannot happen?

4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I was really grossed out by this as well, and kind of hoped she would tell him that was unnecessary, but then she got all misty and said that she was impressed that he had only known her a day but knew how much that meant to her. 🤮

• Love 7
13 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Mindy seems genuine, & Zach is a faking faker who fakes - for exposure. 

Austin & Jessica are kind of weird to watch, like siblings trying to be married. I really don’t want to see them kissing. 🤢

Taylor & Brandon are still awkward together & she doesn’t seem into him.

Katie’s too much like an annoying little girl with a very annoying little girl voice.

Meka & Michael = mess.

Katie is like three feet tall .. Derek is like six foot three.  That’s a match?  I mean what’s wrong with these experts?  She looks like his little sister, if he has one.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

My point is that we don't know what exactly was said to Meka, we're only going by what Meka said.  

However, the reason I believe her more is because Michael claimed that he said NOTHING to Meka, at all.  And that didn't ring true for me.

3 minutes ago, sometimesjennifer said:

Michael just kept staring at her with no reaction in those dead eyes,

Maybe he was thinking "Shit, did I say that out loud?!" 🙄

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Exactly! Zach should have been matched with a younger gym bunny and Mindy should have been matched with an older man that actually knows what he wants and is really, really ready to get married. Mindy is taking this very seriously and I don't blame her for that. Still, I think she has alot of insecurity issues. 

So far I'm only liking Derek and the pretty one that married Brandon (can't even remember her name)!

Meka and Michael will bail soon, then we will be back to 4 couples as it should have been all along because damn those marriage's and receptions spanned over 3 episodes, 2 hrs. each and I was bored to death, fast forwarding through most of that.

Yes .. Derek and Jessica would have made a great couple.  Unlike Mutt & Jeff.

Jessica is utterly delighted that she is married to Austin because he looks like a male version of herself and her twin Jennifer...

Jessica has a twin she can have sex with....lawfully...

Jess has an automatic comfort level with him because while she wanted a dark hairy dude she felt an instinctual trust and closeness to Austin  because he looks like her...like family...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Well I’m glad she is, because he isn’t.  If Zack is in for the wrong reasons, fire those dumb experts, pronto.  Poor Mindy .. my heart is breaking already.

Mine is too. 😥 Mindy seems like a sweetheart; she's had so much loss in her life and appeared to be a 'right reasons' participant.  I hate that she's probably going to be experiencing some major heartbreak. Damn you Zach of the big hair, ugly tats and Popeye arms. Grrrrr

• Love 19

Although season after season we have the insincere people who come on for exposure for their career or whatever , I have to wonder why anyone would choose this specific reality show for that . I can understand the bachelor or the challenge shows or pretty much any other reality tv show , but why one in which you have to get married to someone you may not be into and you already know you’re looking to get divorced at the end of it ? Not to mention besides Jamie , none of the people from this show seemed to benefit much from the exposure . Just seems odd to pick this show out of any . 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Although season after season we have the insincere people who come on for exposure for their career or whatever , I have to wonder why anyone would choose this specific reality show for that . I can understand the bachelor or the challenge shows or pretty much any other reality tv show , but why one in which you have to get married to someone you may not be into and you already know you’re looking to get divorced at the end of it ? Not to mention besides Jamie , none of the people from this show seemed to benefit much from the exposure . Just seems odd to pick this show out of any . 

I think it really is what show is picking "you". Other shows may have passed over these people (Nick, Luke, Matt, Zach? ) so they will take what they get offered. 

The show pays for the divorce and there is a limited time prenup. Like the Bachelor, does anyone expect a high success rate?

They all get something out of it, being on TV, instagram followers and products to pitch (hemp oil if you're Dallas Bobby).

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I have wondered this verbatim. It seems like way more trouble than it's worth. More limited exposure (smaller viewing audience) than some of the other reality shows, and a bigger headache once it's over.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Maybe he was thinking "Shit, did I say that out loud?!" 🙄

A lot of grooms get drunk before their wedding.  Maybe he did say something and really forgot?  Or he’s just a wise ass but doesn’t really mean what he says?  I have to watch again as I was on the thread at the same time.  Alcohol can screw things up big time.  Some people say the wrong things just to blab.  He has to explain himself.  Next week, I hope, after 54 commercials.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Like I said though, she just carried it on for too long, especially when she knew she wasn't going to get Michael to fall down on both knees and admit he was lying.  She just fed into the "angry black woman" trope.   

And so what if he actually said that?  It shouldn't be an issue for her because she'd know that he wasn't the right person for her and she could bail on decision day.  I'd much prefer a guy to show his ass sooner rather than later. 

• Love 3