Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

Me personally: After watching this entire season, I could care less who he picks or if he lives happily ever after. Or, more harshly, even lives at all. I also could care less about Whitney or Becca or their romantic happiness. I'm SO ready for BiP.

Ditto.

I just don't want Mesnickian mantears an angst.

That is exactly what I want. I'd watch with more cynicism now, which would probably make it more fun.

Any chance that Becca decides to leave on her own and Chris has no choice but to stick with Whitney? 

Combine that with Mesnickian angstears and you've got a show!

• Love 2

I think he picks Whitney, proposes, but then realises she's just a gold-digger who'll take any man with money.

Either that or Chris realises that he's gay and actually wants Chis Harrison, then they walk away into the sunset as Chris Squared.

• Love 8
(edited)

I've seen Whitney alluded to this way before (after a guy with money) and am wondering if I missed something. I'm not saying that couldn't be right, but don't know what it is about Whitney specifically that makes her a gold-digger. I don't know what Chris' net worth is, but there's a big difference between being financially comfortable in rural Iowa than, say, Chicago.

For me, Whitney's no different from any other woman on this show who's the sole single girl amongst her friends and panicking because 30 is within sight, or because she went to her 10th high school reunion and her classmates are starting families. If anything, I think Whitney's job is a big driver - she spends her days with people who are having trouble conceiving, and is probably eager to get started herself sooner rather than later. A LOT of women on these shows see 30 as the line in the sand - if I'm not married by then, I'm in trouble. I think if Chris had a modest income and was an engineer, accountant, or school teacher, Whitney would still be playing the game to win.

I admit, I don't always watch the show with rapt attention. Did I miss something? I haven't seen other women called gold-diggers aside from Whitney.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 1

I don't think you missed anything, archer.

I do think Whitney's playing to win and probably has been ver shrewd about it, but as you point out -- that doesn't also mean she has some nefarious motives. Unlike other cast members, there's never been talk if her having someone back home. She probably found herself without a guy and once she was cast, with this as a shot at jump starting her marriage hopes.

• Love 1

We've seen Harrison's mancrushes before. I don't think Soules is his type.

No, but Andi's Josh might be. I wonder if we'll see him return as the next Bachelor?  (I wouldn't mind because I don't think he's as dull as Chris...who could be?...and the women would be crazy about him. Plus, since I dislike Andi, I wouldn't mind a whole season reminding everyone what a nice guy Josh is. Plus, he really -is- looking for someone. If we have to revisit that "love story" I'd much rather do it with Josh than Andi.)

• Love 5

I wouldn't mind Josh as the next bachelor-he is good looking and seems like a nice guy. I don't understand why Chris H would make a comment on not having a fairy tale ending. Why not just wait and let people watch the finale. And I can't think of anything  that could make it very dramatic at all, much less the usual "most dramatic ever" stuff.

Personally, I think the only women Chris had any real feelings for were Jade and Britt. I think he did feel something with Becca, but something may have happened to change his mind. If he chooses Whitney, it is because she wants to get married and have kids and he has no reasons not to choose her.

• Love 1
Personally, I think the only women Chris had any real feelings for were Jade and Britt.

Jade was very up there since she got the meet the parents and hometown date before time. I know producers pick who gets the date but the Bachelor always tells them what way he is leaning and that helps them settle who will get what date. But I can't deny I saw something extra during this date with Whitney at the wedding. I feel she was also a strong contender all along.

• Love 1

I've never seen Whitney as a gold digger. She seems more interested in having babies. I think that she does want a guy who is financially secure enough that she can quit her job and raise her babies, but I don't think she's all OMG I need a millionaire!!!!

I do agree with the person who said she is seeing all her friends get married and is feeling the age pressure and coming on the show seemed like a quick way to make a quick husband, provided she wins, and let's face it, girl has been doing every single thing she possibly can to win this. I don't think it's necessarily because she has this strong connection to Chris so much as she thinks he'll give her healthy, attractive babies and the lifestyle necessary to stay home and raise them.

In this sense she is the right choice since he does seem to want a wife to stay at home and raise his babies. But I think that he is more attracted to Becca, hence his having to make a tough choice. Follow his heart and pick a woman he is in love with but who doesn't quite seem to share his feelings and his future plans, or go with the sure thing who seems crazy about him but that he isn't as much attracted to as the other choice. It makes sense with everything I've seen of him that he picks the sure thing who wants more than anything to be exactly what he claims he's looking for, a wife and mother.

• Love 1

I think he had the hots for Jade and Britt but not true feelings. With Whitney there was not only the wedding date but drinks with his friends in Des Moines. He said something about feeling like Whitney was his girlfriend, which he never said about the others.

• Love 2
But I can't deny I saw something extra during this date with Whitney at the wedding. I feel she was also a strong contender all along.

I agree. If it was about her being strategic about "winning", she could have easily landed a well-to-do husband without coming on the show. Whether the relationship has lasted is anyone's guess, but I think there was a real connection at least while on the show.

(edited)

Any chance that Becca decides to leave on her own and Chris has no choice but to stick with Whitney? Somehow, I feel like Becca never expected to make it this far and probably just did this whole thing for the experience. She is not ready to have Chris' babies.

Well, he does have a great big giant head.    Chances are, his kids will, too.   Ouch.

But, if Becca does pull a Kelly Taylor and dump his ass,   she will cease being dull and be the coolest person in the universe, if for only 15 minutes. 

If Whitney were a gold digger, and I doubt she is,   she would have offers up the wazoo.   Really wealthy men who are emotionally secure go for a partner like her-She's not pretty, but has patrician good looks, a good figure (I hate her for her absolute lack of cellulite on her long legs), she's poised, intelligent, and has the ability to be comfortable amongst average middle class folks and the junior league alike.     The "rich"  men you see going after "hot", stupid women in their early twenties aren't looking for a partner, and their money either doesn't exist, or the "hot" chick ain't getting any. 

No, if Whitney were a gold digger,  she would be living it up in Palm Beach right now.   She's absolutely the type successful, wealthy men seek as their partner and mother of their children.  . 

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 6

No, if Whitney were a gold digger,  she would be living it up in Palm Beach right now.   She's absolutely the type successful, wealthy men seek as their partner and mother of their children.  .

I agree, Mu Shu, Whitney may not be my cup of tea, but I think she has a successful career and an identity of her own, and there are easier paths to gold diggery. If she was only out for money, I think she'd have spent her 20s going that route, not investing in building a career. Also, given Whitney's family history, her desire to settle down and start a family is understandable.

Britt and Whitney are only two years apart in age, but Britt makes your average tweener in crisis look mature. I agree that Whitney is more WASP-y in terms of beauty, while Britt clearly cultivates sex as her image. Whitney is well established in her career, Britt is still "waitressing" and giving out hugs on the street. To me, the difference between the two in terms of this show is that Whitney has a sense of self but is willing to make some sacrifices to start a family, and no doubt Chris's life (and spending a life with lunkhead Chris) would be at least some amount of sacrifice. Britt, on the other hand, seems used to getting what she wants, but doesn't seem to have any real sense of self. She's willing to be whatever a guy wants to get what she wants. She didn't seem that interested while she was the front runner, but once he showed some signs that she might not be his first choice, and she doubled down- at that point it was all about winning and not at all about Chris himself. The problem is that Britt's a shitty actress and couldn't pull off the facade once she wasn't comfortably in the lead.

• Love 4

Ugh, please no Josh for the Bachelor.  From day one he struck me as decorative and not functional.  I cannot remember a single conversation he had where he impressed me with either his intelligence or an emotional IQ.  I don't require a rocket scientist (obviously), but could he at least carry on a decent conversation?  I thought Chris had better conversational skills than Josh, and look how bored we are with him!  That, and if I had to look at Josh's blindingly white teeth for another season....  No, thank you!

• Love 7

I'm with you, msburg. If I have to hear about his failed baseball career one more time I'm gonna quit this show. He also seems to have turned into some kind of an Advocare cult member, which doesn't speak highly of his intelligence.

• Love 1

That's hilarious. The thing with Josh, while yes he never did anything for me either physically (too buff and oily and shiny), my bigger question mark with him is the whole never really had a relationship thing. I thought that was suspect during the season when it was "I haven't had a girlfriend in 5 years..." and then I got really confused when after the season it was revealed that he'd actually never had a girlfriend at all. Dude is 30...something about that just baffles me and makes me wonder what's wrong with him. So I just don't think The Bachelor is the best place for him to find that real relationship when he's never truly had the experience - one, when we've already see him fail once with Andi and two, the odds are already so stacked against these pairings by nature of how they come together. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Except with so little combined experience, they'd need to hire the yoga sex goddess pervert to coach them through their first date.

Unfortunately, I think she'd LOVE that. (ETA I meant the yoga sex lady)

Edited by NikSac

I'm really thinking that Chris pulls a Mesnick and chooses one then decides he wants the other during ATFR. That's what the previews are leading us to believe anyway.

To be honest, I've thought Whitney was the one from very early on and don't see anything between him and Becca. She got the invisible edit and then everything was about her virginity. He's so much more animated (and that's really saying something) when he's with Whitney.

I wish they'd just return to form and have a completely new season with a real "eligible" bachelor like Alex Michel, Andrew Firestore, Travis Stork were. At least in terms of looks, success, good life etc but with no one to share it with.

• Love 2

I wish they'd just return to form and have a completely new season with a real "eligible" bachelor like Alex Michel, Andrew Firestore, Travis Stork were. At least in terms of looks, success, good life etc but with no one to share it with.

Alex Michel was a real eligible bachelor?

• Love 2

I wouldn't mind Josh as the next bachelor-he is good looking and seems like a nice guy.

Oh please no. I could not stand Josh. How about his brother, though, the successful football player? I hear he broke his engagement too, right after Josh and Andi. 

• Love 1

What I meant was for an unknown eligible bachelor to be cast. Someone with everything but without someone to share life with. Lol technically Alex Michel was an eligible bachelor back in 2002!

Firestone was one of my favorite bachelors, along with Matt Grant and Byron. So many of the others (Bob, Ben, Jason, P-Lo, Stork, the football guy), imo, have been kind of short on charm and humor and most of the above fall into "pretty ordinary". I mentioned Josh earlier as a good idea, but come to think of it, he's probably no more interesting than Chris, just with a better body and smile.  

What I meant was for an unknown eligible bachelor to be cast. Someone with everything but without someone to share life with. Lol technically Alex Michel was an eligible bachelor back in 2002!

But he was ugleh! Aren't Bachelors supposed to be hot?

http://ca.eonline.com/news/633294/will-chris-soules-and-spoiler-get-married-8-things-to-know-about-the-bachelor-finale?cmpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-kristin&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_kristin&dlvrit=51396

2. Chris Is Not Planning a Wedding—"Yet". "We're not really there yet," Chris Soules himself tells me. "We're working on getting there, and hoping, but not yet."

That doesn't sound very good. I though he wanted a wife ASAP.

I don't think that sounds dire.  They need to nail down living and working arrangements before they can choose a date and book a reception venue.  Soon doesn't necessarily mean immediate.  Within a year or so is pretty reasonable, even for a couple that's ready. 

It sounds logical, though.   It makes a lot more sense to FIRST stop dating other people, THEN have a real DATING relationship, and THEN decide to get married.  Yeah, the show wants a proposal and ring, but we all know how often those engagements are broken.  I hope this is what happens, because it's a much more sensible approach. 

It sounds logical, though.   It makes a lot more sense to FIRST stop dating other people, THEN have a real DATING relationship, and THEN decide to get married.  Yeah, the show wants a proposal and ring, but we all know how often those engagements are broken.  I hope this is what happens, because it's a much more sensible approach. 

It's all a blur to me at this point, but do know that he doesn't propose? I thought the word was that he did. But for sure getting engaged but not having an insta-wedding is still relatively sane in this circus. (And of course, we know that plenty of them have gotten engaged and broken up rather than ended up married.)

(edited)

Chris does have success and reasonably good looks. What he lacks is an engaging personality.

I would agree to this 100 percent if the adjective "engaging" were eliminated.

From the Yahoo link: "Whitney, the squeaky-voiced fertility nurse ..." LOL!

Squeaky, meet Flipper. The perfect match.

From the e-online link: "He wants somebody and he is scared to death that this won't work," Harrison explains. "That when these women [saw] his barn and [saw] where they're going, they would run. It scared the hell out of him. He truly knew that this is as good a chance as he'll ever have."

OMG, is "barn" a euphemism for something i'm not aware of? I do know what a "barn door" is and sometimes men leave them open (read: unzipped, heh). Maybe that "barn" is what is inside that "barn door" ?

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2

Looks like RS has changed his tune on Kaitlyn 'definitely' being the next Bachelorette. He thinks Britt still has a chance. Disappointing because he made it seem like Kaitlyn was a done deal and I had my heart set on her. The only Bachelorette seasons I've ever watched were Jillian and Des. And Kaitlyn was going to be my third. But I guess I won't be watching this one either if it is Britt. Not that the show really cares..haha.

• Love 2

Interesting that ABC selected Whitney's LCD as a preview. I still think Whitney was it for a long time and they are just playing with viewers to get higher ratings. They basically did the same thing for Desiree's finale playing up the "Will Brooks come back?" angle.

lol. But I'm someone who feels lots goes on of an intimate nature in the FS beyond "conversation" (which many of these people would have a difficult time with for ten straight minutes).  I'm honestly surprised that after all these years, there's never been a post-FS Rose Ceremony where all the women, having experienced the bachelor's skills and assets, don't ever say, "After last night? No, thanks".  I mean, Andi did, but she was furious because she just felt like a conquest, not that there was anything wrong with JP other than he actually didn't feel anything or care.

Just seems odd that refusing a rose--then or at other times--is so rare.

As for Chris on "hoping" things will work out for a wedding, I read that comment to mean "I'm not in love with F1 and I'm still trying to figure out if this is the best I can do."

• Love 2

It seems to me on Brads second season, I remember Brad or Emily saying they were going to have their wedding on "after the final rose".

Also--popped on here to say, the charlotte observer had a huge article on the bachelor finale tonite--Becca got a one word mention, essentially the entire article was speculation about Whitney being willing to move, etc......It was almost a spoiler article.

(edited)
Chris looks excited about their relationship.

I can't tell if you were being deadpan or not, MsPH :) He's saying he's excited, but he looks tired and over this whole thing. And he probably was, at that point. That was awkward to watch and I'd like to think that if Whitney really was Chris' chosen F1 for some time (as has been speculated) that he could have reassured her a bit. I mean, she's sharing that she's nervous and feeling some self-doubt and he's just kind of…sitting there looking at her. He could have said "You don't have to worry" - although maybe he did and his response was edited out.

That clip seemed to me like Whitney putting her heart out there and Chris just seeming uncomfortable with emotional displays, as he has all season.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 1
Looks like RS has changed his tune on Kaitlyn 'definitely' being the next Bachelorette. He thinks Britt still has a chance. Disappointing because he made it seem like Kaitlyn was a done deal and I had my heart set on her. The only Bachelorette seasons I've ever watched were Jillian and Des. And Kaitlyn was going to be my third. But I guess I won't be watching this one either if it is Britt. Not that the show really cares..haha.

I am bummed to hear this.  I find Britt pretty pathetic and not very self aware, so to have her as a lead would not be a good thing in my eyes.  

• Love 4

I am bummed to hear this.  I find Britt pretty pathetic and not very self aware, so to have her as a lead would not be a good thing in my eyes.  

We are discussing it over in the Bachelorette season 11 spoiler thread as there is more to it now.

I can't tell if you were being deadpan or not, MsPH :) He's saying he's excited, but he looks tired and over this whole thing. And he probably was, at that point. That was awkward to watch and I'd like to think that if Whitney really was Chris' chosen F1 for some time (as has been speculated) that he could have reassured her a bit. I mean, she's sharing that she's nervous and feeling some self-doubt and he's just kind of…sitting there looking at her. He could have said "You don't have to worry" - although maybe he did and his response was edited out.

That clip seemed to me like Whitney putting her heart out there and Chris just seeming uncomfortable with emotional displays, as he has all season.

Oh I was. :D And ITA. I know that clip is heavily edited and he's probably had no sleep for days, but he just looks so uncomfortable. Even the kissing is super awkward, like he's only doing it because he has to. Doesn't really look like a man in love to me.

Of course they put it out there to create doubt, but they've done the same to Becca in all the previews before. She's been shown arguing with Chris, telling his mom she isn't in love with him and crying, telling his sisters that she isn't in love with him yet and is worried about losing Chris because Whitney's all in. So if they're trying to mislead with the previews, then I don't really know which way I'm being led.

I'd like to think that if Whitney really was Chris' chosen F1 for some time (as has been speculated) that he could have reassured her a bit. 

Wasn't it Kaitlyn who told Chris she was falling in love with him and he replied he was falling in love with her? Then we turned around and it was "Buh-bye, Kaitlyn."

No one this season is playing the "the rules."

But hey, in a couple of hours we'll all be put out of our misery to know F1, plus we'll get to meet the next B-ette.

Get out your dollar *amazing* jars. Or drink bottles. Whichever works best for you! See ya'll tomorrow.