Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

When the season first started, I thought it was a given that Britt would be the next bachlorette but man, did her edit go down fast the last two episodes.  Everyone I know that watches the show, hates her so now I have no idea what Fleiss is going to do.  I guess the WTA show will be telling, if he trots her out there and tries to  portray her as a nice, sweet girl ready to find her dream man.   

Too bad Samantha was ignored as she is beautiful and I could see guys going crazy to date her.  

• Love 1

I still don't see the hate for Britt tbh. Yes she might be fake but so were Ali, Emily, Andi and soooo many others who have been on this show. To me Emily and Ali were two of the biggest fakety fakers this show has ever seen yet people ate it up. I still see her having a shot if she does a good interview during the Tell All.

• Love 4
To me Emily and Ali were two of the biggest fakety fakers this show has ever seen yet people ate it up.

Yeah people ate it up because the editing was very kind to them. That's what's throwing me off with the idea of Britt being the next Bachelorette. All these other women, while some viewers may have clearly not cared for them, it was obvious that the producers didn't feel the same and they were given wonderful edits on the show. With Britt, the producers leave in a discussion of her not showering, then they purposely juxtapose a scene of Ashley I and Carly talking about how Britt said she's not sure she wants kids, with Britt bug eyed gushing to Chris how she wants 100 children, then there was the reaction about Arlington, etc.

It's just not the edit I would expect for someone they want viewers to root for and are planning to make the Bachelorette, in my opinion. Keep in mind that these people have hours and hours of footage that they can choose to show or not show and how to show. That they highlighted Britt's exit in such a negative way just doesn't fit "future Bachelorette" in my opinion. But hey, anything's possible. Again, after the dullness of Chris, the producers may figure "screw it, fake or not, Britt will bring a personality and the guys will totally be attracted to her because she's hot so cool..."

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5

All these other women, while some viewers may have clearly not cared for them, it was obvious that the producers didn't feel the same and they were given wonderful edits on the show.

RS said before the season that Britt was well liked by the producers, making it more bizarre that they would turn on her like that.

Please, dear posters, help me understand this. In Britt, the producers had someone who:

i. would be the most beautiful Bachelorette they've ever had (this thread is closed for comment);

ii. had nothing that her contestants would see as a negative (young child, troublemaker brother, undesirable and non-negotiable place of residence);

iii. was their only slam-dunk option anyway! (Can anyone name an obvious Plan B?)

Why would abc turn viewers against her? And possibly make Britt so mistrustful of them that she wouldn't accept the offer anyway? It makes no sense.

It's like they're not even planning to run TBette next season.

• Love 3

I really hope it's not because they want Andi, Pt. 2.  She was a good conversationalist (as these shows go), I'll give her that, but so unlikeable. I'd rather see Britt because, fake as she is, she's outgoing and would be someone new.

That said, while I vote "No" to another season of Andi, I'd love to see Josh come back as TB.

• Love 3

I'd be fine with the show choosing a woman from a prior season or even someone new-to-franchise (gasp!--never gonna happen, eh). TPTB think viewers have short memories and wouldn't remember past contestants, or wouldn't tune in to watch someone unfamiliar, but it would be a breath of fresh air imo.

If the show premise is finding a spouse, I don't believe Britt is the one to be a b'ette except that she otherwise fits the bill of being vivacious eye candy, but I couldn't take a season of men tripping over her beauty and her Home Alone Macauley Culkin go-to expression of shock/surprise.

Carly really needs some therapy for her relationship issues and being the b'ette would do more harm than good.

Kaitlyn is fun with guys but if she keeps her guard up then it could be more of a buddy show than a romantic one if a guy doesn't help take the lead in showing that kind of interest.

Weird that Becca's family emphasized she isn't the intimate sort (maybe she hasn't met a guy she feels that way toward?). Being hands-off wouldn't be a plus for a b'ette.

Jade's shy teen-girl vocal cadence now annoys me more than Whitney's voice and it's a disconnect for me since she has this "wild" side we haven't really seen on the show.

Edited by KR Vermont
  • Love 1

RS said before the season that Britt was well liked by the producers, making it more bizarre that they would turn on her like that.

Please, dear posters, help me understand this. In Britt, the producers had someone who:

i. would be the most beautiful Bachelorette they've ever had (this thread is closed for comment);

ii. had nothing that her contestants would see as a negative (young child, troublemaker brother, undesirable and non-negotiable place of residence);

iii. was their only slam-dunk option anyway! (Can anyone name an obvious Plan B?)

Why would abc turn viewers against her? And possibly make Britt so mistrustful of them that she wouldn't accept the offer anyway? It makes no sense.

It's like they're not even planning to run TBette next season.

If they did have the idea she would be a good choice for bachette at the onset, it went south as things progressed.  RS said Britt would probably be the next bachette very early on.  Perhaps his info came from crew who liked her and mistakenly thought it was a slam dunk.   

I think it will be Kaitlin.  They typically don't choose the next lead until the show is close to completion or done.  So as far as  Britt  being a lock, I think that was misinformation.  

Weird that Becca's family emphasized she isn't the intimate sort (maybe she hasn't met a guy she feels that way toward?). Being hands-off wouldn't be a plus for a b'ette.

Yes, that was very odd.  I think her virgin status is born from a fear of intimacy rather than a 'moral high ground.'   

Watching Britt's meltdowns when she wasn't being treated in the style she felt she deserved makes me think that she's capable of some Deanna worthy tantrums.

Britt for Bachelorette, hell yeah!

"Yer breakin' mah HEART"

Yeah, it could work. Get some Graham guy who doesn't give a crap, and some other dudes who just want to hang to ignore. That would be sweet.

Ashley is my number one. "Will you accept this onion.....wait, god bless it if it's a pomegranate. It is a pomegranate! That's power! Will you accept this pomegranate???"

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 4

I was all for Britt as next b-ette, but her edit last night ... wow. I think her admitting to the other women that she doesn't see herself married and she doesn't want kids killed her. Fleiss wants someone who desperately wants to get married to be his lead. Kaitlyn would be fun on Best Buddies. Becca has no personality. Jade might be cool, a Playmate for the guys. But she's not comfortable in front of the cameras. At least not the tv cameras. Only Whitney would work well. Maybe she can do it in two more seasons.

Why would abc turn viewers against her? And possibly make Britt so mistrustful of them that she wouldn't accept the offer anyway? It makes no sense.

One way to reconcile Britt's edit with the report that she was one of TPTB's favorites is that TPTB had no input or control over the way Britt went out.  They were left with her having an impromptu conversation with Chris before the F5 RC ending up with her breaking down outside on the curb.  They had to put that in some kind of context.

Maybe they felt like if they showed her being "bullied" (their possible perception of what they showed) she would appear more sympathetic.  So they put in the scenes that made some of the other women appear to be "mean girls" towards Britt. (and in Carly's case, based on her confessionals, I don't think they had to try too hard).

Bonus tinfoil-hat points: the reason why we didn't actually hear what Chris and Carly were talking about before Carly got in the limo was because it would've made Britt look bad.

"Yer breakin' mah HEART"

Ahem.

I think you mean Y'ALL ARE BREAKIN' MAH HAR-RUT"

Carry on.

• Love 4

Samantha was a beautiful girl who didn't get much play.  She would have the looks to be a bachelorette, and we know nothing bad about her.  She hung around for quite awhile.  Of course, we don't know much about her personality. 

I don't have cable & watch online, so I'm a week behind (just saw the 2/9 show).  Jade was talking about Kelsey using her tragedy to score points, but then mentioned that Samantha had some horrible stuff happen to her but never used that information to her "advantage."  It makes me wonder what happened to her, and if this might foretell her becoming the next bachelorette.

I'd rather see Clare romanced by the requisite "older" bachelors than bring back fun loving "guy pal" Kaitlyn.

Then again, the best seasons are when the bachelors are genuinely interested in winning over the b-ette, not just there for the booze and bros and travel time.  For that, they need a very hot b-ette. I really wish they'd try for someone new. I hate it when the bachelors arrive and are obviously disappointed (as with Ashley). This show shouldn't be depressing and that whole "Bentley fiasco" was for me, esp because she seemed like such a nice girl. The happy ending was good,  but didn't make up for the weeks of discomfort and humiliation TPTB put her through.

I like b-ettes like Trista and Emily who hold all the cards and make the bachelors really compete for them. (Trista remains one of my top favorites because she was cheerleader-pretty to the Bachelors but also fun and unpretentious--plus had good taste in her F1).  Andi was, technically, a good b-ette because she was attractive enough to keep their interest and was (by this show's standards) a good conversationalist so the men seemed more interesting.  I didn't (don't) find her very likable, but I do give her credit for putting energy into it and keeping the men's interest. I doubt anyone but Britt could do that from this season.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 4

Hard to see any of the non F5 being considered except Kelsey.  She's a lightning rod already with a backstory everyone knows and photogenic in the extreme.

-Kaitlyn was mildly interesting with the Canadian angle but can't see TPTB devoting an entire season to a non-American.

-Carly?  Uh, no.  I understand the sentiment that 'people go on the Bachelor/ette for fame, not love or the purported target' but the sum total of her male fans could fit in a phone booth.  Apparently multitudes of females were fans but any red-blooded guy will confirm that he wants nothing to do with a catty, gossip-y, needy Carly who regularly fills up with tears and acts about 12.  Her bounce-up-and-down euphoria over the exits of Kelsey and Britt was insecurity writ large.  And are the Bachelors going to bunk with her on the cruise ship for a workplace visit?

-Jade?  Maybe.  Someone tweeted or posted here that TPTB would not want to deal with the Playboy fallout and/or would not want to give Playboy free publicity.  It also, obviously, is incompatible with the Polly Purebred persona they try to build up.

-Whitney?  Strong candidate although she seems content in the hunter role rather than the prey.

That leaves Britt.  She's gorgeous, the right age, and in the ideal city from the producer's standpoint (no travel therefore no/fewer travel expenditures).  She may not be a headlining actress but she can fake sincerity, as they say, therefore she will ensure that all her reactions are as over-the-top as they were in both happy and sad moments during Chris' season.  She would say 'yes' in an instant to the prospect of extended screen time as a resume builder.  She is somewhat controversial for the way she left but that would be largely forgotten.  Most importantly, the blokes would be lined up round the block to pursue her and The Rules Of Attraction dictate that they would be rather photogenic themselves.

Edited by Rainsong
  • Love 3
can't see TPTB devoting an entire season to a non-American.

Well, there was Bachelorette Jillian several seasons ago, a Canadian.

[And, ahem, to be a PITA, there are millions of people who live in the American continents, north and south, who consider themselves Americans.]

eta: CalamityBoPeep beat me to it.

Edited by TiaLou
  • Love 2

I agree with RS that Britt is still in the running for next Bachelorette, and I think it would be hilarious to watch guys drooling all over themselves as they vie for her attentions. But methinks TPTB would have to really entice Britt with some choice money and travel locations. :-)

As for her portrayal on TB now? Hey, what else do the producers have to show? Chris is boring and not apparently much of a conversationalist.  If it weren't for the segments with the women, together and separately, the whole season might be a wash. Britt's story line was gold for the purposes of this season of TB.  I doubt TPTB would hold her missteps on TB against her when choosing the next bachelorette.

• Love 2

When they have Kelsey, Britt and Jade's Playboy revelation as topics, there's no chance they're carving out any time for a quintessential "phantom" contestant.

I thought Kelsey was going to be in France during the WTA.

Samantha is a longshot for sure. I'm reaching, I suppose, but the producers haven't left themselves with great options.

Britt looks like a mess now. Andi is too fresh off a broken engagement for a rerun. Kaitlyn seems too similar to Jillian, actually - cute, fun, Canadian. The Playboy storyline rules out Jade. Carly -  somewhat catty, very insecure would not be good element for the guys.

It's the perfect time for a fresh face. After this season's bland, catty, miserable slog through the heartland and the extolling of "small town values," I'd love to see a more modern, open-minded girl in the lead with a diverse, fun cast. Wishful thinking, I know.

• Love 3

Very insecure is what TPTB love in their b-ette. So she can be humiliated by the guys who all signed up for Britt. *coughashleycough*

And that, my friends, is why I dropped out of watching Ashley's season.

So what's up with all of a sudden these guys are going to Bali next week? What, Lubbock, Texas * wasn't a city where one could "fall in love"?

* Lubbock, Texas ... named the No. 1 most-boring city in America. Google it!

This is terrible news. 

Harrison: "We definitely want to wait until "Women Tell All" and the finale [to make a decision], but Britt would give us a good Bachelorette. She's beautiful, she's articulate; it would be very emotional and the guys would be very happy. She's definitely a candidate for sure."

Oh god, no. 

If they just want drama and not a relationship to actually attempt to make it. Shouldn't a good Bacheorette be actually  wanting to marry?

Reality Steve has his recap up and in it says he has heard that Whitney is no longer working at the fertility clinic.  Guess she is getting ready for the final 1 media rounds and then working out some sort of life in Iowa.   

• Love 2
Guess she is getting ready for the final 1 media rounds and then working out some sort of life in Iowa.

If you replace "some sort of life in Iowa" with "hanging out in L.A. while Chris does DWTS, then discreetly separating", I agree.

• Love 8

If they just want drama and not a relationship to actually attempt to make it. Shouldn't a good Bacheorette be actually  wanting to marry?

They are totally gonna choose this phony and she'll be broken up with her choice after 6 months. I know people watch this for the train-wreck but I really want to see people that are there for "the right reasons".

• Love 2

They will choose Britt.  CH's comment, "the guys would be really happy," means they are going for the sexy, beautiful babe.  I assume the production team who chooses, are all men.  

If you replace "some sort of life in Iowa" with "hanging out in L.A. while Chris does DWTS, then discreetly separating", I agree.

He cannot dance.  He is Kate Gosling bad.  He will never do it.   There is not much to do on the farm now that it is winter.  Reality will hit Whitney when spring planting comes.  

• Love 1

Reality will hit Whitney when spring planting comes.

Yes, when her nursing degree will come in handy as she makes lunches and dinners and delivers them to the men who are out in the fields from 5 a.m. until midnight.

Right now is the fun time for grain farmers, winter. And Bali! And LA! And ... everywhere warm.

It will be very telling if they give Samantha a chunk of time in the "hotseat" at the WTA to gauge people's reactions to her.

Who? I still think she's the only contestant who was never on the show. Although like you I'm curious to see reactions.

They pay zero attention to feedback when choosing the next lead.  I have not read anything that says the majority of viewers want her.  The poll that was sent to Milsey will go unread.  CH did say that the screams JPG got at the Men Tell All on that season was the catalyst behind choosing him.   Maybe there will some screamers for Kaitlin.  

Ashley is my number one. "Will you accept this onion.....wait, god bless it if it's a pomegranate. It is a pomegranate! That's power! Will you accept this pomegranate???"

I would pay to watch guys pretend to fall over Ashley as she speaks jibberish and randomly hoots.

"Hoot, hoot..."

Random guy interviews, "She's so funny and spontaneous and interesting. I really feel a connection."

Then they cut back to the date, and we see him hoot back at her, hoping she'll choose him at the Pomegranate Ceremony.

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Love 3

Ugh. I'd rather have fun Kaitlyn, snarky Carly, possibly slightly aspergers Becca, or even Kardashley. I think they're at least genuine. Britt is just so, so, so fake. And she's bad at being fake too. Emily was at least good at it.

• Love 4

CH did say that the screams JPG got at the Men Tell All on that season was the catalyst behind choosing him.   Maybe there will some screamers for Kaitlin.

Except all the audience screamers are planted there and screaming because they are told to do so by production. Even that is fake. JP was already chosen when that happened, as was Chris when that phony "fan girl" came out of the audience to "be with him" on the set last season. Then we are just "strung along" while the next TB is "chosen," even though he had been chosen during Andi's season.

All that "We don't know who is the B-ette!" gets the show a lot of free publicity on the gossip shows, talk shows and in the rag mags.

• Love 5

Except all the audience screamers are planted there and screaming because they are told to do so by production. Even that is fake. JP was already chosen when that happened, as was Chris when that phony "fan girl" came out of the audience to "be with him" on the set last season. Then we are just "strung along" while the next TB is "chosen," even though he had been chosen during Andi's season.

All that "We don't know who is the B-ette!" gets the show a lot of free publicity on the gossip shows, talk shows and in the rag mags.

Aw, shit.  I am sure you are right.  They have already chosen Britt and she is in fittings for her RC dresses, now.  

The thing that will make me mad if Britt is chosen is that she will not be on the show to find a husband. I think Carly, Ashley I., Becca, even Andi, would at least seriously consider the guys on the show as future husbands. But Britt will be on the show just to be the star of the show and she will fake act enthusiasm and starry eyes and mislead some poor guy into proposing to her when she never had the slightest intention of marrying anyone. The only exception would be if the guy is handsome, rich and a Hollywood producer. She will be promoted as a princess trying to find her Prince Charming - she was cruelly thwarted by Chris and had her heart broken when he could not tell her she was his #1, but undaunted in her brave quest for love, she will lead on a bunch of other guys, pretend to find her prince and get a nice diamond ring, then dump him afterwards. Then he will sit on the curb and cry fake tears.

I know people are on the show because they want to be on TV, that's a good part of their motivation, but I feel that there is also some sincere effort to find a spouse. Well maybe not Juan Pablo.

Something just struck me.   When Carly said for the fifth time "There's no way she recovers from that!!!!!" about Britt's tantrum,   I knew that either Carly was wrong and Britt got a rose, or that Britt didn't get a rose, but got what she auditioned for:    The 250k role of bachelorette.    They made a point of showing Carly repeating and emphasizing it too much.     Yep, it's Britt.

Damnit, I was having wonderful fantasies about the pomegranate ceremony. 

• Love 1

I would be happy if Britt is the next TB. Yes, she is a fake, which only means that she is perfect for the show.

I can't wait to see how she would tell 25 different men how she wants 100 babies with all of em.

• Love 2

Sharleen was quoting Farmer Chris, not Harrison.

Well, that makes some difference. Although still having the Bachelor say a woman wasn't sincere and implies she was acting doesn't reflect well on her.

Well, that makes some difference. Although still having the Bachelor say a woman wasn't sincere and implies she was acting doesn't reflect well on her.

Remember when one B told Andi that same thing? There are actors and then there are ... Master THESPIANS! (TM Jon Lovits)

• Love 2