Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

(edited)

I do recall reading something to that effect. I don't remember the exact wording either, but I recall that it was weeks ago and thinking that I couldn't begin to guess what it could be aside from maybe one or more of the players having a some kind of contract worked out with the show for what would go down.

Any theories?

One is that he needed to talk to Becca again not feeling he had ended things the way he wanted.  

It is not cheating on Whitney with Becca, that is for sure.  Virgins don't all of a sudden decide to sleep with their friends man.   

It could be about Chris being told to leave Kaitlyn for F3 because they had already decided they wanted her for bachette.   But that makes no sense to me either.  It would make sense if he knew for sure Whitney was his F1 so it didn't matter who was F2.  From what we have seen he was probably not sure at that point. 

What do you think? 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Okay, here it is.

He says this:
"Trust me, I have something I’ve been holding on to since November that I can’t say because speculation would be through the roof if I released it. But I will tell you about it the day after the finale and then you’ll realize why I never brought it up all season."

• Love 3

Okay, here it is.

He says this:

"Trust me, I have something I’ve been holding on to since November that I can’t say because speculation would be through the roof if I released it. But I will tell you about it the day after the finale and then you’ll realize why I never brought it up all season."

Translation:  "I have advertisers on my site and once the Bachelor show is over, I make less revenue.  So, visit my site again after the finale, and make me more $$."   

Just me being cynical, I like having the spoilers, but I hate the way his site is laid out, and how hard it is to find stuff. Plus, while scrolling, I'm always accidentally clicking  on an ad.  

• Love 14

Hmm, that's as vague as I remembered it. It could be something RS didn't learn until November (like a deep dark secret from someone's past) or it could be about something that happened during filming. They did finish filming in November, didn't they?

Okay, here it is.

He says this:

Did someone kidnap Reality Steve?! This is Surreality Steve! Isn't this how he makes his bread and butter by releasing spoilers that would make speculation on his site go through the roof?! He's got nothing, but he better hope that SOMETHING good happens so that he can point out as being the roof-shaking revelation.

• Love 2

It doesn't make sense to me that Becca was his chosen one all along because he seems to have mad chemistry with Whitney and was all about Britt until recently. He was also very into Jade. Becca seems like she's there by default IMO.  Also I swear Chris said something along the lines of he wasn't sure til the last minute who he was sending home, Becca or Kaitlynn. So if Becca was his choice wouldn't the girl he was letting go either be Whitney or Kailtynn. If he was unsure about Becca but she was his first choice he would have let one of the other two go easily. He never mentions Whitney in his decision.

• Love 3

It doesn't make sense to me that Becca was his chosen one all along because he seems to have mad chemistry with Whitney and was all about Britt until recently. He was also very into Jade. Becca seems like she's there by default IMO.  Also I swear Chris said something along the lines of he wasn't sure til the last minute who he was sending home, Becca or Kaitlynn. So if Becca was his choice wouldn't the girl he was letting go either be Whitney or Kailtynn. If he was unsure about Becca but she was his first choice he would have let one of the other two go easily. He never mentions Whitney in his decision.

They have done a good job with the editing this season!  We may be able to tell on Monday if he was really as conflicted as they have led us to believe. 

• Love 1
Also I swear Chris said something along the lines of he wasn't sure til the last minute who he was sending home, Becca or Kaitlyn. So if Becca was his choice wouldn't the girl he was letting go either be Whitney or Kailtyn

When they were in Bali, he said [paraphrased], "I could be sending Becca home ... I could be sending Kaitlyn home ... It could even be Whitney." This jumped out at me as proof that Whitney has been the F1 for a long time.

I think Chris enjoys Becca's company but I do not see strong romantic chemistry between them. I think the previews when his father says something like, "well he wants Becca but he'll have to take Whitney" (WHAT A TERRIBLE THING TO SAY) was completely scripted and forced in order to provide *some* dramatic tension in a season when the F1 was probably decided weeks ago.

• Love 5

When they were in Bali, he said [paraphrased], "I could be sending Becca home ... I could be sending Kaitlyn home ... It could even be Whitney." This jumped out at me as proof that Whitney has been the F1 for a long time.

I think Chris enjoys Becca's company but I do not see strong romantic chemistry between them. I think the previews when his father says something like, "well he wants Becca but he'll have to take Whitney" (WHAT A TERRIBLE THING TO SAY) was completely scripted and forced in order to provide *some* dramatic tension in a season when the F1 was probably decided weeks ago.

His dad said, "Whitney is the sure thing but I think Becca is who Chris wants."

Which might be a lot of nothing, anyway, if his dad is giving his own read on things rather than anything Chris said.

I love my mother dearly but she is over decades now she has never been good at reading what I was thinking or guessing what I was about to say.

• Love 1

Which might be a lot of nothing, anyway, if his dad is giving his own read on things rather than anything Chris said.

I love my mother dearly but she is over decades now she has never been good at reading what I was thinking or guessing what I was about to say.

I think this is a set up.  I am not convinced he is/was as torn as he has been saying.  I think Whitney made her mark when they crashed the wedding. 

• Love 5

I don't think Becca's been his chosen one all along, but she's definitely been on his radar since she stepped out of the limo. His reaction said it all. I think he was really impressed by her during their horseback riding date, which is why she got a second one-on-one right after, despite it being Kaitlyn's "turn". By the end of her HTD he seemed totally smitten to me. She also seems to get the dates where they do things Chris likes to do in his normal life. Outdoorsy stuff, just hanging out at home talking, walking around an agricultural village in Bali... And I disagree about the lack of romantic chemistry. Just look at their hands. They're constantly playing with each others' hands. I find that quite intimate.

Whitney really impressed him on their first date with the fake wedding crashing and she has been all in since day one. Of course he'll keep the sure thing around in case all else fails and most have failed. That doesn't mean she's the one he wants to give the final rose to. She just hasn't given him a reason to dump her, quite the opposite. She's watched this show since high school and she knows how to get what she wants. I think she may get the prize too, but I'm not convinced it'll last very long. I don't see the mad chemistry between them to be honest. It's mainly her talking and him listening, her initiating the kisses and hugs and him going along with it. Just seems a bit one-sided to me. Like she could have the same amount of chemistry with a wooden log, since it's all coming from her side.  

• Love 2

You could be right, MsPH, but on one point: haven't previous castmembers said that the show picks who goes on which date? So we might not be able to read anything into the back-to-back one-on-ones.

• Love 1

Exactly. Chris has been all about Whitney since the wedding with some attraction to Britt and Jade. Jade or Britt could've easily made it into the F2 but they would've been more of a "screw 'em and leave 'em" kind of situation. The way he has been with Whitney since that date has been very telling. Plus the mural date and meeting his friends sealed the deal for him. Jade was probably going to be F2 but then the nude pics situation happened and he had to cut her.

• Love 3

So, maybe what his DAD was saying is - Chris is thinking of proposing to  Whitney .  But Damn, Becca is hot! 

You could be right, MsPH, but on one point: haven't previous castmembers said that the show picks who goes on which date? So we might not be able to read anything into the back-to-back one-on-ones.

From what I've heard they do have some say later on in the season, which would make sense, since this is about finding a "wife". But if we're going by the assumption that they don't, then we can't read anything into Whitney meeting his friends and getting the mural either, since it was a show planned date.

If you carefully watch the preview for next week, at Chris's parents house, you can hear Chris's dad saying "I think Whitney's a sure thing but Becca is"....then the screen changes and you see his father only speaking the words "who Chris wants".    His father never says, directly to the camera, the specific words that "Becca is who Chris wants".

Now given the history of this show and the way they slice, dice and process snippets of conversation and sound bites, I don't think what the editors are showing us is what actually was said.  Maybe, not not necessarily.

• Love 6
(edited)

If you carefully watch the preview for next week, at Chris's parents house, you can hear Chris's dad saying "I think Whitney's a sure thing but Becca is"....then the screen changes and you see his father only speaking the words "who Chris wants".    His father never says, directly to the camera, the specific words that "Becca is who Chris wants".

Now given the history of this show and the way they slice, dice and process snippets of conversation and sound bites, I don't think what the editors are showing us is what actually was said.  Maybe, not not necessarily.

Great point. As Sharleen's blog likes to remind viewers, this show is not above splicing misleading sentences or scenes together. It is easy to imagine dad saying, "I think Whitney's a sure thing, but Becca is coming around, too" and "It's hard to tell who Chris wants" to make the statement they showed combining VO and TH into, "I think Whitney's a sure thing but Becca is.... who Chris wants."

Hope so, anyway, as I'd feel bad for Whitney if all this talk about Becca turned out to be real.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 1
(edited)

I just watched again.  To the camera, dad's face talking "but I think Becca is the one Chris wants."  What he said off camera, just before they switched to him  is "Whitney is the sure thing."    It seemed cohesive to me.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
(edited)

I saw what I saw and you saw what you saw, Wings.  

Wow, really?  I watched just before I posted and transcribed it.  Do you have it saved on your DVR?  I am going to watch it again.  brb

Okay I am back.  I did hear a break in dad's voice that could have been a splice.  "but I think Becca *** is who Chris wants.  There is a little glitch in the voice where the *** are.  Is that what you mean?   Wow, good catch, that was very subtle.  Are you an alien, just curious.  I like them so no problem.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
(edited)

No alien DNA that I know of.  *LOL*  I'm just always watching closely to see where voices are heard, but mouths aren't seen.

I saw the dad's mouth say the thing with the glitch so maybe it wasn't there.  Somewhere else? 

Article about the finale next Monday:

By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 03/04/2015

The Bachelor host Chris Harrison has teased a little bit of what viewers can expect during next week's nineteenth-season finale.

The show's star Chris Soules has two women still in the running for his heart: Whitney Bischoff, a 29-year-old fertility nurse from Chicago, IL, and Becca Tilley, a 25-year-old chiropractic assistant from San Diego, CA.

During next week's finale, both women will meet Soules' family in Iowa before he has to make his final decision.

"We go back to Arlington, and his parents get involved and are the voice of reason. He sees the light in many ways after he talks to them, but they don't mince their words and it shakes Chris," Harrison told TV Guide in a recent interview.

"I don't think there is a perfect choice or an easy choice, and he's clearly in love with both so it's an emotional one for sure."

Harrison said fans unfortunately won't see "a magical storybook romance" play out with Soules and either of his Final 2 bachelorettes.

"Chris has narrowed it down to two great, but very different women... It's a dramatic finale you don't want to miss," the host wrote in his Yahoo! TV blog.

The Bachelor's finale will air as a three-hour event on Monday, March 9 starting at 8PM ET/PT on A

Read more at http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-bachelor-host-neither-whitney-bischoff-or-becca-tilley-is-perfect-choice-for-chris-soules-no-magical-storybook-romance-17566.php#QbrIVpeXTfueBYr2.99

Edited by wings707
Harrison said fans unfortunately won't see "a magical storybook romance" play out with Soules and either of his Final 2 bachelorettes.

I think that means he picked and proposed to Whitney, but they broke up by the time ATFR filmed.

• Love 3

I think that means he picked and proposed to Whitney, but they broke up by the time ATFR filmed.

Devil's advocate: are we sure he doesn't throw caution to the wind, pick Becca because that's who he thinks he wants in the moment, and then afterwards he pulls a Mesnick and goes back to Whitney?

Honestly I think that's a more likely situation, especially if he's thinking with the wrong head.

• Love 2
(edited)

Devil's advocate: are we sure he doesn't throw caution to the wind, pick Becca because that's who he thinks he wants in the moment, and then afterwards he pulls a Mesnick and goes back to Whitney?

Honestly I think that's a more likely situation, especially if he's thinking with the wrong head.

That could happen, though it's unlikely Becca would let his wrong head anywhere near her before marriage. Pulling a Mesnick would make him "the most hated man in America", which would most likely mean no DWTS. I could actually see a scenario where the woman he chooses - whether it's Whitney or Becca - dumps him after a few months when she realizes Chris is not enough of a prize to give up her city life for. Then Chris would be the "heartbroken" one, which would get him enough sympathy votes to last 2-3 weeks on DWTS. That would also be "a first in Bachelor history", and therefore "the most dramatic ATFR in Bachelor history".

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 2

And yet he's engaged? "Hey, babe, you won the coin toss, so would you marry me?" So romantic!

What a romantic proposal!  Or there's always "I threw a dart in a dark room and it hit your picture, so will you marry me?" 

• Love 4

That could happen, though it's unlikely Becca would let his wrong head anywhere near her before marriage. Pulling a Mesnick would make him "the most hated man in America", which would most likely mean no DWTS. I could actually see a scenario where the woman he chooses - whether it's Whitney or Becca - dumps him after a few months when she realizes Chris is not enough of a prize to give up her city life for. Then Chris would be the "heartbroken" one, which would get him enough sympathy votes to last 2-3 weeks on DWTS. That would also be "a first in Bachelor history", and therefore "the most dramatic ATFR in Bachelor history".

Of course Becca's not going to let anything happen before marriage, which is why, after the shine of the Bachelor wears off (well, there's less shine this season, but still) he realizes that Whitney is a much better pick for him. He's less intrigued with Becca and Whitney is there, proclaiming she's willing to leave everything to move to small town America and start popping out kids. So he changes his mind and chooses Whitney.

Wasn't there a post about Whitney posting an instagram/twitter photo of herself with him on V-Day? I didn't see it. And didn't Chris Harrison say somewhere that Chris is still with the girl he chose? I'm getting Bachelor news all mixed up.

Chris's run on DWTS the is going to be much the same as Sean Lowe's, I think. Boring.

Oh good god, I finally saw this.  Maybe my kids are right in that I need a handler. Nah, they are just little assholes.  Love them though. 

No way, he'll be on DWTS?  (insert eye-roll here)

What I find really weird about any of these contestants being on DWTS is they theoretically just got engaged to someone they could barely possibly know, they finally air the Bachelor so the new couple can be more public/open about their relationship, and then one of them's off to LA for DWTS for weeks. Even if they get eliminated quickly, they're back to having to live out of the public eye so that the results aren't leaked. How long is it before they even get a chance to live a normal-ish life and spend some time together?

(edited)

What I find really weird about any of these contestants being on DWTS is they theoretically just got engaged to someone they could barely possibly know, they finally air the Bachelor so the new couple can be more public/open about their relationship, and then one of them's off to LA for DWTS for weeks. Even if they get eliminated quickly, they're back to having to live out of the public eye so that the results aren't leaked.

Have you seen DWTS? It's a reality show like American Idol, meaning that the results are "liiiiiiivvvvvveeeee from Hollywood!". America knows who gets eliminated at the same time the contestant does. No sequestering to keep results unspoiled.

And when Sean Lowe did it, he took Catherine with him to LA. I imagine they stayed in side-by-side hotel rooms (because I don't think they lived together before they got married, right?) I'd bet that Chris takes his girl with him, too. Still in the public eye, but if they're trying to milk their last five minutes of relevance then that's okay, right?

Edited by McManda
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think it's the last blast of fun before Chris & his Miss settle down to wedding planning, then baby raising on the farm.  DWTS only lasts 2 months, and I can't imagine Chris will make it through to the end.  So they have some time to get to know each other in L.A., with enough social opportunities to ease into it.  Immediate 24/7 togetherness is a daunting thought right off the bat.  They've probably only had a few brief visits thus far and heavily supervised. 

Edited by leighdear

Have you seen DWTS? It's a reality show like American Idol, meaning that the results are "liiiiiiivvvvvveeeee from Hollywood!". America knows who gets eliminated at the same time the contestant does. No sequestering to keep results unspoiled.

And when Sean Lowe did it, he took Catherine with him to LA. I imagine they stayed in side-by-side hotel rooms (because I don't think they lived together before they got married, right?) I'd bet that Chris takes his girl with him, too. Still in the public eye, but if they're trying to milk their last five minutes of relevance then that's okay, right?

Oh! Yes I've seen it but I didn't realize the results were "live" - I thought they were sort of faux-live, for some reason (obviously I don't follow it that closely; I mostly watch the dancing and skip the voting/judging). Thanks for the info. In that case it does make more sense to me, because hopefully he and his chosen one can bond and get to know each other in LA once the Bachelor finale has aired. It would certainly be pretty jarring to go from the mansion to Bali to the farm. Maybe a little stint on DWTS in LA will be a decent in between step for them.

I saw an Inquisitr headline just now declaring that Chris' engagement is on hold so that he can do DWTS!! (No, really?) I don't think that's a big revelation.

She also seems to get the dates where they do things Chris likes to do in his normal life. Outdoorsy stuff, just hanging out at home talking, walking around an agricultural village in Bali...

I re-watched the wedding crash scene and I don't know much of all that was really authentic, given that it was staged (Chris and Whitney conveniently had formal outfits to change into?). I think Chris is more introverted (or "enigmatic" as Kelsey said) and can see where he appreciates Whitney's bubbly, outgoing nature compensating for his awkwardness. And yes, they had a "zany" adventure to talk about. But how many capers are Chris and Whitney going to be cutting on the farm? (And will she get tired of always making him look good, as he said?) It's easy to be feeling the romance when it's all fun, dress-up and wineries. The ordinary dates are more like what real life is going to be with Chris. It's not going to be crashing weddings in Iowa.

I know what RS said about Whitney being the one, and I know there are many people on this board who think it's been Whitney since the wedding crash date. But honestly, I've seen Chris have chemistry with other women too. It wouldn't surprise me if Chris really is torn.

• Love 2

I think he may be torn.  There is just so much you can manipulate with editing.  We seem, SEEM to be getting some information that supports that this is not the love story we expect/want.  There is some confusion here.  Production can just do so much.  Could Chris be that much of a tool that he is faking the confusion?  Maybe but  to this extent?  Seems overboard.  

Whitney is F1. Got that.  Just musing about how this really went down.  You can only edit what you get and we have gotten a lot of confusion.  Did they make him say this many times?  Sure, they could have.  Chris is not the guy to stand up to production and say, "I will not do that!"  

They've probably only had a few brief visits thus far and heavily supervised.

I don't know...if anyone wanted to be under the radar, I'd think Arlington, Iowa would be a good place to do it. You can seriously go around to everyone in town and get an NDA signed. I'm betting Whitney's practically a resident and already making playclothes for the children out of the curtains.

Ok maybe not, but the thought is funny.

• Love 5

Hulu's got a clip (I have a subscription, not sure if you can view it without) of Becca talking to Chris' mom. Mom asks Becca what she thinks about Chris, moving to Iowa etc. In the midst of talking about how great Chris is and how she feels when she's around him, Becca drops the bomb that she's not at the point yet where she's in love.

I could swear that she said she was falling in love in Bali (?)

The clip was only one minute long. Mom really liked Whitney, but liked Becca too. I wonder if Becca's hesitation about any declaration of love will be the deciding factor for the mother.

I still think he might pick Becca. It wouldn't be the first season the spoilers are wrong. I just don't think the edit makes any sense if Whitney is the "winner". Becca was hidden for most of the season and since the HTD we've been hit over the head with her inexperience and now in all the previews her hesitation. Whitney, on the other hand, has been talking about marrying Chris since their first date and is shown willing to do anything for him. They even called it "eagerness to please" in the press release. Aren't they supposed to make us think the opposite of what really happens? Why are they underlining it instead? Maybe the big twist is that Becca does come around and tells him she loves him and he still chooses Whitney, but I don't know. Something's off about the whole thing.

I think Chris is legitimately confused. He looks absolutely exhausted and miserable in those previews for next week. I can believe he wasn't sleeping and was having tantrums like CH said, because he looks it. But I don't think the confusion is born out of his love for both women, I think it's because the one he wants isn't giving him the reassurance he needs and he's scared of ending up in the same situation that he was in with his ex, who wanted to live in California. Would be a waste of a good opportunity, especially when there's this perfect Stepford wife still in the running. CH said in that TV Guide interview that there wasn't a perfect choice for Chris, which would be weird if he was in love with Whitney. What is not perfect about her? She's in love with him, lives fairly close and is willing to drop everything for him to have babies now. Oh yeah, Chris doesn't love her, that's what. His own mom called him picky, so I don't believe he'll settle for the second choice. Might as well pick the one he wants, and if that fails, he's gonna have his pick of the litter now that he's a celeb. I may be totally wrong, but that's the way I see it playing out.

• Love 2
I think Chris is legitimately confused. He looks absolutely exhausted and miserable in those previews for next week. I can believe he wasn't sleeping and was having tantrums like CH said, because he looks it. But I don't think the confusion is born out of his love for both women, I think it's because the one he wants isn't giving him the reassurance he needs and he's scared of ending up in the same situation that he was in with his ex, who wanted to live in California. Would be a waste of a good opportunity, especially when there's this perfect Stepford wife still in the running. CH said in that TV Guide interview that there wasn't a perfect choice for Chris, which would be weird if he was in love with Whitney. What is not perfect about her? She's in love with him, lives fairly close and is willing to drop everything for him to have babies now. Oh yeah, Chris doesn't love her, that's what. His own mom called him picky, so I don't believe he'll settle for the second choice. Might as well pick the one he wants, and if that fails, he's gonna have his pick of the litter now that he's a celeb. I may be totally wrong, but that's the way I see it playing out.

Of course he's confused.  in the "real world"  of relationships, you would not be ready to be engaged until both parties have given up other relationships for a time. Men don't tend to date two or more women, then suddenly  marry one and dump the other(s).  Or if they do, we think of them as assholes.  I think it's really tough fora bachelor to look like a good guy by the end of the show, because the premise forces a kind of deceit.  If you "fall in love"  with someone, you normally stop dating others. This show doesn't let anyone decide to soon, you have to gradually eliminate contestants each week.  

It might not be as romantic, but if the show was going to end up in REAL relationships, then the final rose would not be a proposal, but an agreement to date exclusively for a while.  Which, in most cases, is exactly what it ends up being.  dating while pretending to be engaged. 

• Love 2

It's a dramatic finale you don't want to miss," the host wrote in his Yahoo! TV blog.

This made me laugh. EVERY season is "The Most Dramatic EVAH!" in TB history. Chris Soules is dull as dishwater and they had to do something to get people to not fall asleep on Monday nights and tune in, PLUS talk about it nonstop in online chat rooms. Like here.

Hey, Chris Harrison and TPTB: It's working! AGAIN!

Me personally: After watching this entire season, I could care less who he picks or if he lives happily ever after. Or, more harshly, even lives at all. I also could care less about Whitney or Becca or their romantic happiness. I'm SO ready for BiP.

• Love 2

Any chance that Becca decides to leave on her own and Chris has no choice but to stick with Whitney? Somehow, I feel like Becca never expected to make it this far and probably just did this whole thing for the experience. She is not ready to have Chris' babies.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think I don't care about the actual people's fate. I think I just don't want Mesnickian mantears and angst.

Is that super weird?

Edited by lulee
  • Love 1