Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

Yeah, but did ANYONE stand out from the crowd with sparkling wit and intelligence?! I mean if we were basing it on intelligence then Kelsey should be Bachelorette...and Ames should have been the Bachelor to end all Bachelors. Granted, I think they tend to go with the empathy factor--someone that has some heart and we relate to and want to see them have a chance at love. NO ONE this season stood out to me in that way. Sad sacks earning our sympathy? Yes. Crazy people earning our pity? Hell, yes!! But that, "Come on, girlfried! You'll find love yet!" factor? Nope. Not for me. So, looks it is!

Britt's line to Carly in that preview clip could support a whole thread on its own. Britt is front and center with Chris H. And all the other girls are sitting together arguing over each other as to whether she's fake (and some support her and some don't). Interestingly, the early girls are more pro-Britt and the later ones anti, so the answer to Chris H's question about whether they were just jealous she got the first impression rose seems to be no. Carly starts saying that she liked Britt at first, and then they argue for a minute, and Britt says to Carly, "can I just say one thing without you trying to interrupt, because you've pretty much narrated my love story for the past three weeks." And again she busts out the most fake looking tear-free tears.

I honestly got the sense watching the season that initially the girls might have been jealous of what was clearly an instant connection between Britt and Chris, but at the same time, they also didn't seem to hold it against her. It was more, "I wish I had that but I see why she does." It wasn't really until the babies discussion and then turning on Kaitlyn and throwing a fit that they really seemed to turn on her, and IMO, justifiably so.

Edited by Shibori
  • Love 4

I definitely wasn't picking on Jillian's looks when I posted earlier, sorry if it came across that way. I thought she was adorably cute, and I really really wished she hadn't had surgery on her nose. I just remember a couple of guys being disappointed early on in her season with her looks. Anyhow, enough of her guys certainly found her attractive and fell for her.

As far as casting, I think they tend to interview the potential castees and ask them who they would like to see as the lead - so some will say Britt and others Kaitlyn, and then once the lead is actually chosen, TPTB will select more of the men who wanted Kaitlyn to actually appear on the show. 

I just remember a couple of guys being disappointed early on in her season with her looks.

I think this is because TPTB selected the men with Melissa Rycroft in mind, but Melissa decided to do DWTS at the last minute so they subbed in Jillian. It was very much like the Ashley/Emily situation, except none of the guys on Jillian's season was enough of an asshole to say on camera that they were hoping for a different bachelorette.

About the E! preview, I hate where they cut it off because it got me all excited that Britt was going to put Carly in her damn place which, fake or not, I am excited to see that. Because unlike others I too was over Carly's bullshit and found her damn annoying so I'm looking forward to someone calling her out. And I noticed just in the short second where Britt stood up to her, she seemed like she backed down. I'm not surprised because people who talk as much shit as Carly tend to be cowards who won't do it to the person's face.

• Love 4

Oh, you're probably both right that "coin toss" was just Chris speaking metaphorically. (Which, considering it's Chris, is pretty funny in itself).

But I still find the idea of sleeping with two women and telling both "I'm falling in love with you" (without the other knowing you were saying it to anyone else), then making the choice to send one of them home "like a coin toss", very rude and dismissive. Does he have any idea at all what 

The more I see of Chris, the less I am able to find anything likeable about him at all. Juan Pablo even looks better and better because, dim as he was, too (also sexist and lacking in interest or empathy for the women he was banging), I think he was far more honest than Chris with them, even given the constraints of the show.

Ha! I knew when I read all the outrage about JP (which I did share), most of it would fade over time. Pretty much every Bachelor and Bachelorette got their share of abuse, and it always diminishes a few seasons later, when we forget the details. Jake and Blob seem to have retained the most antipathy, although I've read less and less about them in the last year or so. For the record, I STILL think JP is one of the worst. Chris has pretty much lived down to my expectations. In the first half of The Bachelorette, he appeared pretty much wasted and enjoying his time with the boys. He seemed to have sobered up a bit in the last few episodes of that season, and appeared to be quiet and confident. As boring people frequently can do, it takes a few conversations (or at least one good one), to find out what they're really about. I wish I had seen the Dr. Travis Stork season because every Bachelor season gave me what appeared to be a dimwitted, inarticulate mess. Possibly at the producer's direction to the "star"

Ha. A Kelsey word if we ever saw one. Maybe she will log in and tell us what it means. That is, if she can see this board from way up there.

I agree Chris is completely dullsville. At least we didn't find out Juan Pablo was a d*ck until almost the end of his season, and then that was all producer-induced, the Andi sobfest and making public what he told Claire on the helicopter. I didn't have any problem with JP at all, and whatever blowback the show got is Fleiss's fault for picking white JP to fill the minority TB slot he was pressured to fill. Reap what ye sow, Fleiss.

I'd rather see JP tell all the women "Ess okay" than Chris tell them ... nothing. Just subject us to his deep sighs and non-tears when he has to make the most DRAMATIC send home ever.

I hate that term, and it's used constantly on this show and others. All it does is remind me what you do to a deer when you shoot it, or where the scope goes when you have a colonoscopy. Guts are intestines. If the love I feel for someone is down there, more's the pity for that person. *burp*

Read some current selfhelp articles, especially in Psychology Today. Listening to your "gut" is considered a legitimate approach to decision making. Following our instincts isn't just New Age thinking, it's giving credence to our subliminal pickup of social cues and paying attention to our feelings. Choosing to date or even marry someone based strictly on reasoning and not our instincts and feelings is unlikely to lead to a successful private life. Not unless you're governed strictly by logic and not emotion. So it might be successful for Vulcans but not humans. (R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy)  

Edited by PreBabylonia
  • Love 2

I too was over Carly's bullshit and found her damn annoying so I'm looking forward to someone calling her out. And I noticed just in the short second where Britt stood up to her, she seemed like she backed down.

Carly did go from this sweet quiet thing to full of snark and nastiness. TPTB induced? Or is that the real Carly? Maybe a few "glasses" to drink, then prompted to say stuff? Who knows. But I really don't want to suffer through some tear-fest on WTA. I mean, it was a few weeks out of your life that you were getting PAID for, for pete's sake.

Unless they are auditioning for BiP. So there's that.

Read some current selfhelp articles, especially in Psychology Today. Listening to your "gut" is considered a legitimate approach to decision making. Following our instincts isn't just New Age thinking, it's giving credence to our subliminal pickup of social cues and paying attention to our feelings.

If you read what I wrote, and you requoted, you will see I hate the WORD "guts." Why not use the alternate one you used above, "instincts." Much less Deer Hunter and Colonoscopy related. I don't have to read any self-help articles to know I strongly dislike talking about "guts" in any situation. Maybe I've just been on too many hunting trips, when GUTS are yanked out of a dead animal. Even fish are GUTTED when they are cleaned. It's all disgusting. Instincts, however, are a good thing to listen to.

Everyone on TB and TB-ette listens to their "gut." Just ... yuck. (Even though some posters think Chris has a lot more to listen to than some!)

Ha! I knew when I read all the outrage about JP (which I did share), most of it would fade over time. Pretty much every Bachelor and Bachelorette got their share of abuse, and it always diminishes a few seasons later, when we forget the details. Jake and Blob seem to have retained the most antipathy, although I've read less and less about them in the last year or so. For the record, I STILL think JP is one of the worst. Chris has pretty much lived down to my expectations. In the first half of The Bachelorette, he appeared pretty much wasted and enjoying his time with the boys. He seemed to have sobered up a bit in the last few episodes of that season, and appeared to be quiet and confident. As boring people frequently can do, it takes a few conversations (or at least one good one), to find out what they're really about. I wish I had seen the Dr. Travis Stork season because every Bachelor season gave me what appeared to be a dimwitted, inarticulate mess. Possibly at the producer's direction to the "star"

Read some current selfhelp articles, especially in Psychology Today. Listening to your "gut" is considered a legitimate approach to decision making. Following our instincts isn't just New Age thinking, it's giving credence to our subliminal pickup of social cues and paying attention to our feelings. Choosing to date or even marry someone based strictly on reasoning and not our instincts and feelings is unlikely to lead to a successful private life. Not unless you're governed strictly by logic and not emotion. So it might be successful for Vulcans but not humans. (R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy)  

But if your "gut" has told you you're "falling in love" with me, shouldn't you not want to let me go? It should, at least, be more meaningful than a "toss up".

JP proved that you don't -have- to lie and tell the women that you're falling in love. Chris didn't have to go there and I think less of him because he did give Kaitlyn a false sense of security. 

Does anyone know if Kelsey is going to be on WTA?

Yes. The latest US Weekly shows a pic of her wearing a green dress (different from her "Chris Tells All" segment). She mentions being confused by the girls' cheering of her exit, saying that it wasn't "congruent" with what she experienced with them in the house.

The Bachelor was the cover story. Other tidbits: Jade's gotten heat over her nude photos, which is too bad. Chris allegedly chooses Whitney because she's the one willing to move. The article didn't name names, but it was pretty obvious, based on the last episode, which Bachelorette hadn't given him a clear answer on moving. If the article's to be believed, Chris was really leaning towards Becca - his connection to her is on a "visceral" level, whereas Whitney has the qualities he's looking for in a wife, like the dedication to her career. But because she couldn't commit to moving - and wasn't as into him as he was her - he picked Whitney.

Which completely flies in the face of "Whitney was the sure thing for a rose and he had to flip a coin to decide between Kaitlyn and Becca."

Edited by archer1267

Thanks for that inside scoop, Archer.

She mentions being confused by the girls' cheering of her exit, saying that it wasn't "congruent" with what she experienced with them in the house.

I'm guessing she didn't watch the show then, which featured her THs that pretty much solidified her being bat-sh*t crazy. The THs combined with the wolf howling sound effects and "I'm up here" visuals in the Badlands. You know ... TPTB making fun of her. Maybe she also forgot the clip we were shown of the other women telling her she was a big fakety-fake.

That should make some good tv, Kelsey on the defensive. When Kelsey was sent home, the scene of all the women cheering and Carly being the "Let's get drunk" bartender pouring champagne was one of the best scenes this season, or maybe ever in this franchise.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 4

So, he wanted to bang Becca but Whitney is willing to be his little wifey so he settled for her? Ouch! But hey, I guess points for being practical. But if I were Whitney, I would not be happy hearing about that. But she's as clinical as he is about it, so she probably doesn't care, so long as she gets her babies and the millions to raise them comfortably.

I'm pretty sure Kelsey is unaware of anything that happens outside her ego-driven imagination, so she probably is shocked that the girls thought she was a loon. She thinks she's smarter than all of them, so she probably assumed she had them all fooled. Luckily she can just dismiss it as jealousy and go back to her awesome widowhood.

I can't wait for the crazy!

• Love 2

About the E! preview, I hate where they cut it off because it got me all excited that Britt was going to put Carly in her damn place which, fake or not, I am excited to see that. Because unlike others I too was over Carly's bullshit and found her damn annoying so I'm looking forward to someone calling her out. And I noticed just in the short second where Britt stood up to her, she seemed like she backed down. I'm not surprised because people who talk as much shit as Carly tend to be cowards who won't do it to the person's face.

This.  I also quite enjoyed Jillian going off on Carly.  After hearing Carly make the comment about Britt (paraphrasing) "The prettiest girl in the room finally didn't get everything she wanted. How does it feel to be here with the rest of us?", I'm not sure if she's insecure or just plain jealous & mean.  Not that I'm a big Britt fan or anything (I don't have any feeling about her either way), but it started to look like Carly was less interested in getting Chris & more interested in putting Britt "in her place".  As she cried in the limo about why nobody wants her, I said to the tv "Because you're a bitch!"

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

Yes. The latest US Weekly shows a pic of her wearing a green dress (different from her "Chris Tells All" segment). She mentions being confused by the girls' cheering of her exit, saying that it wasn't "congruent" with what she experienced with them in the house.

Not just that, she even went so far as to suggest that the big champagne toast to her dismissal was prompted by the producers. Because she is really that delusional. 

• Love 1

Not just that, she even went so far as to suggest that the big champagne toast to her dismissal was prompted by the producers. Because she is really that delusional.

Well, maybe it was producer-suggested, but no one looked like bad actresses acting out that scene *coughbrittcrycough*. If TPTB suggested it, everyone was all about "YES! Let's DO it! What a GREAT idea!" So there's that, Kelsey. Maybe they didn't think of it, but they all sure had fun doing it. There wasn't a fakety-fake "happy" in that group. Or on my couch at home!

• Love 2

So, he wanted to bang Becca but Whitney is willing to be his little wifey so he settled for her? Ouch! But hey, I guess points for being practical. But if I were Whitney, I would not be happy hearing about that. But she's as clinical as he is about it, so she probably doesn't care, so long as she gets her babies and the millions to raise them comfortably.

I'm pretty sure Kelsey is unaware of anything that happens outside her ego-driven imagination, so she probably is shocked that the girls thought she was a loon. She thinks she's smarter than all of them, so she probably assumed she had them all fooled. Luckily she can just dismiss it as jealousy and go back to her awesome widowhood.

I can't wait for the crazy!

Me, too!  And Kelsey does seem like that kind of person who thinks criticism of her only happens because people are so jealous of her awesomeness. She'll attribute it to their (justified) feelings of inferiority, and anyplace that doesn't fit could be tossed off as just "producer driven". (These women aren't actresses and clearly weren't faking the depression over her probable return--or their delight to know she finally was gone. I'm pretty sure she'll just take it all in stride with her huge sense of superiority and delusions of grandeur. I wouldn't even be surprised if she throws out a "I just came back from Paris to be here tonight and I'm going back there to continue my work as a writer as soon as this show with all these catty, inferior women is over.")

The only bummer about people like Kelsey in reality TV situations like this is they're teflon. She's so far removed from reality that nothing anyone says here will actually make a dent in her ego- as Padma said, she's above them. So she'll be fake hurt and fake surprised, but if we're all hoping for a true takedown or any kind of self-realization, I think it won't happen. The only thing that might be truly genuine is watching how she acts when Britt's the one in the hot seat- Kelsey won the batshit award this season, but the love story plotline Kelsey tried to pitch ended up being more about Britt, nudes, and virgins, and I do t think she can deal with not being the center of attention. #immeasurablyblessed

Edited by Shibori
  • Love 1

Wow, that Grantland writer is the best, and totally spot on. I did notice the camera close up of Whitney's ass and was so focused on that "unfortunate" view during that scene that I missed all the rest. I especially LOVE this:

3. The Stony Smile: Only a man on the deck of a boat with 4 ounces of whiskey in his left hand and four fingers full of female armpit in his right hand can smile with that level of satisfaction and content. Try to do it right now. You can’t. This smile also proves that Chris smokes weed. I don’t know how, but it does.

And "Dick Coaster" ... yes, indeed. Like I said, spot on writing. Well done! And thanks for the link, Wings. (The "smokes weed" completely cracked me up, too.)

• Love 1

I had not noticed that before -  but yeah, Whitney knew EXACTLY what she was doing, she deliberately "casually"  moved her wine glass over so that her wrist brushed against his groin, and then she rested her wineglass RIGHT THERE, while appearing to be unaware.  that's some trick, Whitney! 

(edited)

GMA just aired a clip from WTA where Kaitlyn was confronting Chris about not giving her the chance for a private conversation like he did Becca (and like Andi did for him), and why she was made to stand there through the rose ceremony, instead of just privately being sent home.  I'm sorry, but that's what you signed up for.  There's no guarantee of a "special" exit just because it's been done in the past.  I expected more from you, Kaitlyn.  But i get it...the sympathy play.  I just hope they don't totally lobotomize her.

Edited by Jillybean
  • Love 1

GMA just aired a clip from WTA where Kaitlyn was confronting Chris about not giving her the chance for a private conversation like he did Becca (and like Andi did for him), and why she was made to stand there through the rose ceremony, instead of just privately being sent home.  I'm sorry, but that's what you signed up for.  There's no guarantee of a "special" exit just because it's been done in the past.  I expected more from you, Kaitlyn.  But i get it...the sympathy play.  I just hope they don't totally lobotomize her.

Taking Becca aside made her question this.  Had he not done that, I doubt she would be having this discussion,  because she does know the format.  

(edited)

If she's gonna be the Bachelorette, then she should know it's the producers who call the shots.

The whole point of taking Becca aside was to cause some drama and premature celebrating by the two left standing. They would've had to cut the episode in half if Chris had let Kaitlyn go in private. I hope she's not already acting like a show puppet by trying to garner sympathy from the general public. It only annoys me when the producers throw the current lead under the bus in order to build up their next lead. At least wait until the season is over.

Edited by Rhondinella
spoiler tags

Chris is an idiot but I don't buy for a second Kaitlyn is all that upset after all this time.

If she IS TB'ette this is more for show than anything.

I don't think she is upset either.  It was bugging her and wanted an answer.  It doesn't mean she is in love with him or heartbroken.  She just wanted to know his thought process.  

• Love 3
(edited)

If she's gonna be the Bachelorette, then she should know it's the producers who call the shots.

The whole point of taking Becca aside was to cause some drama and premature celebrating by the two left standing. They would've had to cut the episode in half if Chris had let Kaitlyn go in private. I hope she's not already acting like a show puppet by trying to garner sympathy from the general public. It only annoys me when the producers throw the current lead under the bus in order to build up their next lead. At least wait until the season is over.

I don't think the producers make as many interpersonal decisions as we often think they do. I really doubt Chris pulling Becca aside was producer-driven. But even if it was, it was pretty obvious to me that Kaitlyn slept with him in the FS, he told her he was "falling in love with you" (which he didn't ever need to say if it wasn't true).  This show's ridiculous, but time and again we see people really forming relationships and actually believing they're in love. Chris told her he returned the feelings and after the FS she was right to expect he was keeping her.

Since he wasn't, after what they had shared, I agree with her that he at least could have taken her aside and let her down easier, not the humiliation of an on-tv blindside. (Chris H said "no rules" and I'm sure producers would have let Chris do that--if he had been thoughtful enough to want to. He's not thoughtful--his thoughts all seem centered around himself, not the feelings and interests of the women. Then again, while I think he's good looking enough, I find him completely unattractive as a person so his rudeness to Kaitlyn, as others, doesn't surprise me at all. But I could understand why it would surprise her.)

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 4

I think (in Kaitlyn's mind) if it were really a toss up between her and Becca, why was Becca the only one given that opportunity to sway his decision. If he was really torn he would've wanted to speak to both women one last time before making the decision. I think had he done that she wouldn't be questioning him on that. I don't think it has anything to do with having to stand through the rose ceremony.

• Love 5

I think (in Kaitlyn's mind) if it were really a toss up between her and Becca, why was Becca the only one given that opportunity to sway his decision. If he was really torn he would've wanted to speak to both women one last time before making the decision. I think had he done that she wouldn't be questioning him on that. I don't think it has anything to do with having to stand through the rose ceremony.

That is exactly it.  

• Love 1

I don't believe it was a toss up, he's just saying that because he stupidly thinks it'll make Kaitlyn feel better. I think his mind was set on Becca and he was just scared and needed some reassurance. That's why it didn't matter what Kaitlyn would have said had she gotten the opportunity. Chris said in his blog that he and Becca had agreed to talk again before the rose ceremony, but they didn't get the opportunity (in other words, producers didn't let them). I'm sure they told Chris that if he wants to talk to Becca then he must do it right there and then. Of course a more savvy person would've pulled Kaitlyn aside after Becca and let her go in private, but this is Chris we're talking about. He doesn't seem to know what to do or say 99% of the time.

• Love 2

While I can see Kaitlyn genuinely wondering why she got eliminated without the one-on-one opportunity that Becca had at the RC, I think it's important to remember that, IMO at least, everything that happens tonight (or at least everything we're shown) as it relates to anyone remotely in the running for being the next Bachelorette is choreographed by TPTB to either shape impressions of the next B'ette (if their decision's been finalized) or to float trial balloons for various possibilities (if they're still deciding).

Fleiss is on record as saying that the reason he'll continue recycling contestants is that he wants to continue the thread of a storyline from one season to the next as much as possible.  And I keep coming back to my own personal impression that Kaitlyn just really didn't have much of a storyline, or if she did it was outshone by the circus of Crazy Ashley, Virgin Ashley, Psycho Kelsey, Drama-Queen Britt, etc.

At this point I don't think they can plausibly pull the "America's heart broke when Kaitlyn was eliminated" cliche.  More like, "when Kaitlyn was eliminated, America broke wind and went to bed."

So, IMO, anything we see from Kaitlyn tonight will be either part of her audition to be the next B'ette, or TPTB's trying to mold a sympathy storyline for her.

Chris said in his blog that he and Becca had agreed to talk again before the rose ceremony, but they didn't get the opportunity (in other words, producers didn't let them). I'm sure they told Chris that if he wants to talk to Becca then he must do it right there and then.

I don't think they typically have the cocktail party, or any time together, before the F3 RC.  I think they always go right to the three finalists standing side-by-side, no doubt trying to sniff out the scent of sex on their competitors, and The Bachelor appears to make his decision (or goes to the balcony and pulls a Mesnik).

• Love 9
(edited)

I don't think they typically have the cocktail party, or any time together, before the F3 RC.  I think they always go right to the three finalists standing side-by-side, no doubt trying to sniff out the scent of sex on their competitors, and The Bachelor appears to make his decision (or goes to the balcony and pulls a Mesnik).

No, they don't have any cocktail parties after the F6 to F4 ceremony. But if this was indeed a no-rules-free-for-all season, then surely they could've arranged a 5-minute talk for them back at the resort. That's why I said pulling Becca aside at the rose ceremony was producer-driven. They wanted the drama and the preview shots of Chris pulling someone aside and everyone gasping for air. They live on that stuff.

Kaitlyn had better learn that before her season. It's not pretty when they only realise it mid-way.

Edited by Rhondinella
spoilers
(edited)

No, they don't have any cocktail parties after the F6 to F4 ceremony. But if this was indeed a no-rules-free-for-all season, then surely they could've arranged a 5-minute talk for them back at the resort. That's why I said pulling Becca aside at the rose ceremony was producer-driven. They wanted the drama and the preview shots of Chris pulling someone aside and everyone gasping for air. They live on that stuff.

Kaitlyn had better learn that before her season. It's not pretty when they only realise it mid-way.

I agree.

(I think Kaitlyn has a legitimate gripe should she choose to go there [although at this point I doubt she's allowed to say anything without clearing it with TBTP]).

I was more calling BS on Chris for saying he expected to have 1-1 time with Becca before the RC

Edited by Rhondinella

No, they don't have any cocktail parties after the F6 to F4 ceremony. But if this was indeed a no-rules-free-for-all season, then surely they could've arranged a 5-minute talk for them back at the resort.

Remember when the final 3 used to videotape a plea recapping their journey and expressing their feelings for the Bachelor to watch right before the rose ceremony? They always made it seem like the lead was in love with all 3 and that final video plea would make or break the decision. Whatever happened to that? (And they also don't stare at the framed photographs before the RCs anymore, either.)

• Love 3

They still do it, at least up until last season with Andi. They didn't air it during the show but it was posted online as a deleted scene. It's how I figured out before the AFTR bombshell that Andi had clearly slept with both Josh and Nick. 

• Love 1

Yahoo linked to an US Weekly story today that said Nick and Andi had been seen hanging all over each other.

I really really hope that isn't true. Didn't anyone teach him that you learn a lot about someone by the way they treat people they don't want anything from? She showed her true colors the way she led him on and, esp. the way she dumped him, so arrogant, so  lacking in empathy or respect.

I thought he was genuinely in love with her, but surely he can do so much better. She's awful.

• Love 3
Yahoo linked to an US Weekly story today that said Nick and Andi had been seen hanging all over each other.

On the Bachelorette thread, this was said to be a weird coincidence, where Andi was meeting a friend who lives in Chicago, and Nick was there too, and they ran into each other in a bar. 

I don't know,  it's not like Chicago has only one bar.  

• Love 1

Guys, we've started a thread for spoilers for Season 11

(aka Kaitlyn's season*, but we're not calling it that until after the official announcement) in the Bachelorette forum.  Please take any further discussion about Kaitlyn or her season there.  Thank you.

I'll be moving the posts here that talk exclusively about

Kaitlyn as the Bachelorette over to that thread.

Just to keep things tidy and avoid spoiling people in this thread for a completely different show.  Well, not really different, but you know what I mean.

*I personally will be referring to it as

"Duck Lips Season"

but that's probably just me.

• Love 9

Gross. Don't these people ever meet anyone not associated with the Bachelor/ette family? They appear on one show, then go to Bachelor Pad and hook up with someone else, or they go back to their runner-up. (I know this was the case with at least Lorenzo Borghese, Jason Mesnick, and Alex Michel at least tried to get back with Trista a couple of times after the show.) I get that some of these relationships have been successful, but it just seems so...incestuous.

I'm not an Andi fan but she needs to dust off the law degree she worked so hard for and get back to work, rather than fight for a way to prolong the 15 minutes.

• Love 1

I know that the preview clips can't be trusted. I know that. But they're really setting it up to be Chris pulling a Mesnick -- or I guess it might be more like a half-Mesnick: not picking the one he actually wants. I don't want to be a total sucker, but it's going to be depressing/ lame if Chris picks Whitney by default. 

And then if he's a blubbering mess of tears on AtFR. I'm done.

• Love 1

If Chris does indeed pull a half-Mesnick and picked Whitney by default that could be why Reality Steve has been so adament that Chris/Whitney won't last more than a few months.  

I totally think Us Weekly has it right:

Chris is more into Becca but she is NOT into him enough to get engaged so he ends up "engaged" to Whitney, a sure thing. 

I am done with the WTA or discussing who bachette is.  It is Kaitlyn.  Good, I like her.

Chris was a default F1 for Des and it worked out well. 

There is enough info out there to believe Becca is his first choice and not just a bunch of editing tricks.  I am interested to see how this goes down on Monday.

I don't think it will last with Whitney either but not necessarily because she is the default winner, if this turns out to be the case. 

There is a lot going on, not the least of which Arlington and farming is a different culture from Chicago, in a very big way. 

I don't know her politics but she will be moving into an extremely conservative life in all ways.  She will be socially starved unless she travels to Chicago often to visit her friends and what city life has to offer.  

Chris is not the guy who is going to process a relationship and communicate his feelings with ease.  I am being kind here.  

If she is comfortable guiding the ship and teaching him how things work, then maybe.  

I think Whitey is very aware she is #2, if that is the case.  We still don't know for sure.  THAT is a big piece of truth to swallow and move beyond.  I cannot believe it has been easy watching these shows with or without him.  

For the first time in many seasons I am looking forward to the finale.  It will be way too long, of course, but I want to see if he really does want Becca.  Sure they will edit the shit out of it but we will be able to see through that.  

Oh, I think there IS something definite between Chris & Whitney. I've noticed he always seems to call HER name first during the RCs.  Now, whether what they have is enough to make it?  Not a clue.  TPTB do love their last minute curve balls and it sure seems to be giving Whitney the winners edit which, despite RS pretty good track record at predicting the winner, makes me wonder if he could be wrong this time.  

I totally believe he wants Becca. I think he respects and admires Whitney and thinks she'd make a great mother to his kids, but he doesn't look at her like he looks at Becca. The fact that he even bothered taking an unsure virgin to F2 just to try and drag some declarations out of her before it's too late says enough IMO. He could've just taken Kaitlyn there, had another fun date and then chosen Whitney. Why stress about Becca and her feelings, if he was sure about picking Whitney? No point. I just don't think Becca will be ready for any love declarations, let alone a proposal, after a few dates. She's too normal for this silliness. Whitney was in love before she even got out of the limo and she's made sure to let him know it every time they're together. Props for playing the game right! I just hope she's as resilient after the cameras stop rolling, because it's not easy being the default. 

• Love 2

There's this scuttlebutt that Chris is already cheating on Whitney and has been spotted in California, "perhaps" to see Becca. Of course, someone pointed out in the Comments section that Chris' visits to California are probably about DWTS, and I'd imagine that he's out there doing promotional stuff for the show. I hadn't realized that Whitney Tweeted a romantic pic of her and Chris on V-Day - I'd think that the finalists would be encouraged to not do that sort of thing (unless they're all doing it!).

Re Becca, I find it refreshing that she's not throwing herself at Chris and saying/doing whatever it will take to "win." It's a nice change from soooo many other contestants before her. At the same time, I do wonder about her motivations for doing the show. I get that she's not ready to settle down, but she went on a show that's all about settling down (well, in theory). She doesn't have a business to promote, and she doesn't seem like she's trying to parlay this into an acting or hosting career; she's too low-key for that.

• Love 1

RS said he had another piece of information that he would reveal until after the finale.  He was going to wait until then so it would not taint the ending or something that eluded to that fact.  His site is too big to go back to find that one little gem.  I will see if I can find out somehow so I can give the exact quote. 

RS said he had another piece of information that he would reveal until after the finale.  He was going to wait until then so it would not taint the ending or something that eluded to that fact.  His site is too big to go back to find that one little gem.  I will see if I can find out somehow so I can give the exact quote. 

I do recall reading something to that effect. I don't remember the exact wording either, but I recall that it was weeks ago and thinking that I couldn't begin to guess what it could be aside from maybe one or more of the players having a some kind of contract worked out with the show for what would go down.

Any theories?