Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Smashton

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Florida State University-alumni charter guests arrive single and more than ready to mingle with the crew. Meanwhile, Simone is out of her element working on service and becomes distracted by her new crush. After being displeased with service, Kevin takes matters into his own hands, undermining Kate. Courtney grows closer to Brian as she tends to his wounded knee and Lee announces Abbi's replacement, in time to help revive his deck team much to the chagrin of Ashton.

Airs November 18, 2019.

16 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

This might be the best of both worlds. Ashton wants to get laid and no one is interested. Rhylee needs frequent sex to not be an asshole. Also Rhylee is a hard worker. 

When she's not copping an attitude about being told what to do. She's a captain of her own fishing boat y'know,...but like you said, maybe she and Ashton can come to some kind of "agreement", since they both have similar goals needs desires priorities 😉.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

I think this will be a replay of the Hannah/Joao relationship on Med. They will flirt but nothing will come of it. 

That’s why we saw Ashton smashing his hand against the car window in the previews.

The man has a lot of poison (TM Joe Gorga) to get rid of and he can’t find a ready and willing receptacle. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I'm not going to make it through the rest of this charter. They've somehow upstaged the creepy objectification of last charter. And it's coming from both men and women. 

At least Ashton seems to enjoy it. Poor Simone is going to run right back to laundry. 

Actually, that's probably where she needs to be. I mean, I know she needs to learn sometime. And she's such a sweet girl. But she almost seems too clueless to be entrusted with much. Lack of knowledge is one thing. But I see no hustle. No drive. 

But these guests. Ugh. It probably doesn't help that I hate FSU. But the comments about "peasant bitches can't kiss King's" and making demands that the staff talk a certain way? I just can't. 

Kevin was only mildly arrogant and annoying tonight. Worst was when he reminded fucking Kate not to forget the salt and pepper. 

I'm seriously concerned about Bryan's knee. 

LOVED Captain showing the stews how to iron. 

Edited by ghoulina
Typo
  • Love 21

No, being "Smashton" does not excuse your behavior.  

Courtney still bringing the deadpan humor.

Simone crushing on Tanner is cute.  All sorts of crushing going on.

"Put me in coach!"  Kate is being very patient with Simone. I love her enthusiasm, but she has A LOT to learn.  Wow. 

Kevin needs to get out of the way and over himself.

Pirates,  arrgh, no.  The guests are gross, but not living up the their hype.  Yet.

Hope Brian can get his knee fixed.

• Love 17

Smashton!! Very witty nickname. I'm loving it. 

Simone crushing on Tanner?! That's *so* out of left field! I was surprised she wasn't performing up to standard. I expected more but i take her as an introvert so that's why she struggled on Service.  Previews look wild!!! Tanner is a giver?!?!? Ho-ley-smokes! I can't be too surprised...seems like a good guy. 

The chef singing his own made up songs was adorable IMO. That's so me. I do that more frequently than I'd like to admit and glad Mr. Kdawg doesn't mind. 

How can Kate call in orders for things like accessories and dècor while Hannah on "Med" has such issues?? Kate really comes across as boss when it comes to themed events. She seems to have fun with it all and it pumps up the guests and even the crew.

Fun ep overall and makes me kind of want to be young again to have a go at the industry.  

Upcoming previews seem wild! Rhylee swooping in and stirring up all this drama?! That's whack! She's a horny chick but I hope it doesn't ruin Courtney's romance with Brian. I like those two.

• Love 17

OH HELL TO THE NO!! Of all the deckhands the bring Rhylee?! I’m saying this as someone who likes both Joao and Ashton. There is nothing cute about getting drunk and blaming your behavior on an alter ego. I see Kate is reverting to her mean girl ways. All she had to do was pull Simone aside and explain to her that she was being loud. Instead she decided to talk about her behind her back and make snide comments in her talking head. Courtney should be embarrassed that the Captain had to teach her how to iron. This deck team is just falling apart at the seams. Brian may intentionally bang his other knee to get away from the tornado that is Rhylee.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

How can Kate call in orders for things like accessories and dècor while Hannah on "Med" has such issues?? Kate really comes across as boss when it comes to themed events. She seems to have fun with it all and it pumps up the guests and even the crew.

Because the call was faked for the tv show. They have the charter meeting the morning of the charter, Kate makes a call to somewhere in Thailand to source american football and frat themed accessories and decor, and it arrives with their regular provisions and theme color leis before the guests show up at noon. Logistically it's impossible for it to have happened in the order we've seen it happen. Instacart, Amazon, Favor, and Postmates aren't that fast in the US.

What likely happened is that those supplies were ordered before the season, during the last charter, or immediately after they finished the last charter. We know they do a solid bit of ordering for the entire season before filming begins thanks to the BD: Med enhanced episode where they revealed that Mila screwed up and ordered 50 canisters of Reddi-Whip and almost no milk or cream. It's also the reason Hannah had to send Aesha and Jack to purchase it with petty cash and those two dopes wandered around for a solid bit of time.

Poor Ashton. He's desperate to have his dick sucked and the person most likely to do it is looking to give him 4 weeks of grief instead and thinks Brian is hotter. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 9

Does Simone not drink? I know she hasn’t been wasted but I have never seen a 28 year old who drinks have so much difficulty with such basic tasks from making a mimosa, pouring a beer and opening a bottle of wine. I have never worked in the service industry but managed to master those tasks before I turned 21!

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Does Simone not drink? I know she hasn’t been wasted but I have never seen a 28 year old who drinks have so much difficulty with such basic tasks from making a mimosa, pouring a beer and opening a bottle of wine. I have never worked in the service industry but managed to master those tasks before I turned 21!

That’s a very astute observation. Simone seems like someone who is not a drinker unlike Courtney who learned how to mix cocktails for her parents when she was 12. Simone mentioned that she loved hanging out with her grandmother and she gives off that good girl vibe. 

Spoiler

I wonder what Grannie is gonna say when she sees Tanner gives her a Long Island tongue massage.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4

Ashton did not look the least bit pleased to find out Rhylee was coming back.

Of course Bravo casting decision.  They probably told her to keep her bags packed in case they needed an injection of drama.

Did she have a good relationship with any other crew member last season?  Doubt anyone who was on last season would want to deal with her again.

Bravo is going to play the shit out of that clip of him complaining about working too hard to get his dick sucked.

Too bad for him that thirsty guest is not on the crew.

Kate mocked those Republican frat boys still trying to relive their college years.  Then one of them says no more invitations to yacht charters if they don’t vote for Trump in 2020.

They also mocked the job prospects of FSU grads.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, scrb said:

Did she have a good relationship with any other crew member last season?  Doubt anyone who was on last season would want to deal with her again.

Kate said on Twitter that she and Rhylee are good friends.

• Useful 3

After the show ended I rewatched the beginning of the show and their is such a good vibe on the show! 

Kate is teasing Ashton about the kiss, everyone is smiling and joking about the night before. 

But I had just finished the ending of the show right before and knew that everything is about to go south and everyone is going to cry and/or fight.

Brian’s knee looked good when Rhylee was admiring Brian.

My sailing friends (they lived seven years sailing the South Pacific in a 48’ ft sailboat) tell me that some luxury ports have specific pools and recreation areas just for luxury yacht crews. I wonder if that’s where they were?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I just realized most of my post was about the previews! Oops!

The primary is a joke: vulgar, classless, and clueless.

Simone is a awesome disappointment. Go back to laundry!

Ashton seems to have finally given up on Courtney, thank god.

”I feel like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest” Captain Lee kills me again!

• Love 6

I must be alone on an island, as I found this episode incredibly boring, and actually went to bed 15 minutes before it ended.

Rhylee is being brought back for some much needed drama (read; ratings).  There is just entirely too much getting-alongness from a Bravo exec. perspective.  *This speculation sponsored by SSE

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I must be alone on an island, as I found this episode incredibly boring, and actually went to bed 15 minutes before it ended.

Rhylee is being brought back for some much needed drama (read; ratings).  There is just entirely too much getting-alongness from a Bravo exec. perspective.  *This speculation sponsored by SSE

You are not alone on that island. I felt the same way about this episode. In fact I have felt this way about the entire season. I think it is partly because the chef is so devoid of personality and the crew just doesn't seem to have any chemistry. I am sick of hearing about Ashton's needs just gross. Simone has become clueless about how to be a stew. This is not her first stew job and she acted liked she was afraid to speak to the guests. What's up with this?  I kept turning to see what Rachel was up to on MSNBC. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Because the call was faked for the tv show. They have the charter meeting the morning of the charter, Kate makes a call to somewhere in Thailand to source american football and frat themed accessories and decor, and it arrives with their regular provisions and theme color leis before the guests show up at noon. Logistically it's impossible for it to have happened in the order we've seen it happen. Instacart, Amazon, Favor, and Postmates aren't that fast in the US.

In ports with a lot of charters, there are provisioning companies that can get most anything the crews would need for a price.  Buying though them is much more expensive than other options, but the provisioners know the charter business and turn around times.    This boat isn't the only one to have tacky theme parties and none of these themes have been particularly unique.  Yeah, we'll sell you pirate tchotchkes and can have them at your boat by noon.  Pay up.

• Useful 6
  • Love 7

So now Courtney is saying she still doesn’t know if she likes Brian and is picky? Being picky is a good thing but come on, Brian is hot, just have fun. She overthinks. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

If you have a separate identity for your drunken self, you might have a drinking problem.  Just saying.

Brian does not need ice, anti-inflammatories, or ace bandages.  He needs antibiotics.  Infections in the joints can be serious. On Survivor, they pulled a player when a skin infection near the knee got bad.  He probably needed IV antibiotics to save the function of his knee.

Between that worrying situation and all the puking and bathroom sounds, this season is really pushing the envelope with the queasy-making health stuff.  Didn't this show used to be just fun?

• Love 18

Something tells me that Simone is an introvert who was raised in a conservative/religious environment. But that doesn't square with her agreeing to be on this show.

I like the casual good-natured bantering among the crew, and laughed when Lee got goosed. We need more of that, less vomiting and sexual harassment. More of the cheerful Kate who doesn't freak out at every little mishap.

When the chefs complain about interior staff, I think they are remembering true yacht crews who were not on reality TV. Kate could do a much better job if need be, and the captains whine about not getting five-star service, but the show doesn't call for that. Nor provide for it.

I too worry that Brian has a joint infection. What the heck did he hit? I could not figure out what it was.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

Good thing you’re there, Kevin......you f’ing asshole.

Why does he have to come up and announce each course in his lame AF accent? I don't remember other chefs doing that so often. The guy is a total douche!

• Love 10
11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Poor Ashton. He's desperate to have his dick sucked and the person most likely to do it is looking to give him 4 weeks of grief instead and thinks Brian is hotter.

Hey now, Kevin DID say he could "lick Ashton up and down". Maybe he's looking in the wrong place. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Loved the power rankings, but I'd put Thai Bacteria as a perennial #1, for affecting Kevin's and Tanner's guts and Brian's knee.  I too thought of the Survivor contestant.  Ugh.  

I've never identified more with a Below Decker than with Brian who said "My knee!" periodically during the night, but mine is arthritic.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

Why does he have to come up and announce each course in his lame AF accent? I don't remember other chefs doing that so often. The guy is a total douche!

He really overdoes it.  I also notice he always says "it's just a whatever....".  Like he doesn't have any confidence in what he's serving.

• Love 13
14 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Well it looks like Rhylee is going to do her job and stir things up and make the tight knit deck crew miserable.

Just goes to show what a paper tiger the Stud of the Sea is since he swallowed the bullshit of Bravo like he was Jax Taylor or Joe Gorga. 

I am glad - Courtney and Simone are pretty boring...and it is not like the deckhands are bringing much to the table either? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

He really overdoes it.  I also notice he always says "it's just a whatever....".  Like he doesn't have any confidence in what he's serving.

Yes, yes, yes!  I always wonder why he "justs" so much in his descriptions.  Is he trying to be humble, or is he not that eloquent of a speaker when put on the spot?  Either way, I am not particularly a fan of his, but he is really doing himself and his skills a disservice with his "just" descriptions.  Can you imagine Ben saying that?  Bwahhhh ha ha ha!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Hey now, Kevin DID say he could "lick Ashton up and down".

Lol, He did? How the heck did I miss that comment?

I would tell Kate that if Kev wants to do the serving at the picnic then take yourself a nice break and let him do it! He's such a jerk. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

When Captain Lee said it was Rhylee coming, I totally expected to hear "DUN DUN DUN!" right after. My guess is Rhylee was not Captain Lee's choice for a replacement at all. Production probably insisted on it because there's no major pot stirrer among this crew and they want more drama.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

I may be misremembering but I could swear that Captain Lee, on one of his appearances on Watch What Happens Live (Maybe the reunion episode), said he would never want to work with Rhylee again.  

I think Captain Lee is doing a lot of things this season that we've never seen him do before, and not by his choice. Ironing? Production shenanigans again, I suspect. As long as it doesn't get to Sandy levels, I am okay with seeing more of him.

I think that Kate has been very patient with Simone and that the hanging out talking was just too much for her.  Simone doesn't seem to have any basic stew skills other than laundry, and she doesn't seem to have any initiative with looking after the guests.

I will take Kate any day over Hannah. She certainly doesn't suffer fools gladly, and I just cracked up when she said the primary had a Republican haircut - didn't know there was such a thing! And even funnier coming from someone whose hair looks like rats are nesting in it. The only time it looks good is in her THs.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Jsage said:

When Captain Lee said it was Rhylee coming, I totally expected to hear "DUN DUN DUN!" right after. My guess is Rhylee was not Captain Lee's choice for a replacement at all. Production probably insisted on it because there's no major pot stirrer among this crew and they want more drama.

Captain Lee has always been a Reality Show Whore. Now he is forced to so show more skin is all.

If he had an ounce of self respect he would not have allowed Rhylee back. I understand he has no say in the matter. He is just a figurehead.

In fact he is less than a figurehead since he doesn’t show his tits.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1