Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. When people started mentioning this in the thread, I went to her Instagram and noticed that the last few photos (or videos) she had posted on the grid she was the only one covered up: https://www.instagram.com/p/C3OxjZMNInT/ https://www.instagram.com/p/C6AI1FKtZV8/ https://www.instagram.com/p/C6RCljROmms/ I didn't want to comment on her body, but I did think it was odd (especially in the prep class video. I feel like most people wouldn't get that grace, but maybe it's not the same in prep class as it is in solos or other places. I didn't love how she was shoved in our faces during MTT, but I'm sad for her that this thing that she's been trying to do her "whole life" is now over for her. That's gotta be hard.
  3. Another only child here! I always heard the nonsense about being spoiled. I lived on a farm and we were poor so there wasn't a lot to be shared. My parents did as well for me as they could but a great deal was expected of me. I helped on the farm doing "girl" and "boy" chores and did a lot of the cooking so that my mother could work in the garden, and I helped in the garden too. I helped on the hay bailing crew, driving the tractor putting the hay rake. I loved that. My daughter is an only child too.
  4. Yes, I read this too! wtf?! she’s so full of shit. All she can do is talk about her ex-husband now all of a sudden he wasn’t all that to her? She behaves very immaturely. She puts everything out there in the public eye. I’m all for hearing behind the scenes things about celebrities but the stuff that she comes up with is just crazy. No one‘s going to believe that she is not 100% obsessed with her ex-husband.. no backtracking now. She gets Photoshoped a lot. You can find one photo of her, which looks to be about 50 pounds overweight and then another one where she is just about average all supposedly in the same time period. And don’t forget they can do miracles with hair, make up, lighting, clothes, the angle of your body, etc..
  5. Just to share some good news! Had my diagnostic MRI last week (I had breast cancer, diagnosed in October of 2022, followed by a lumpectomy in November 2022 which was not entirely successful so then a full mastectomy in January 2023 of the right breast) and I'm still cancer free!! I am not sure if that feeling of dread about the test results will ever go away but the feeling of relief that they did not find anything is quite wonderful. Finished my herceptin infusions a few weeks ago so now going on some sort of anti-hormonal pills for the next ten years (or not...my doc has assured me if I don't like the side effects, I can just quit them anytime - he is so understanding with my position that its my body, my decision on everything, which is why I successfully nixed chemo without much argument). I've named my port Brad and my fake breast (not an implant...its one of those that fits in a special bra) is Barbara, and they are now in a cozy relationship, so I've opted to keep Brad and just need to get him flushed out every 8 weeks, which is no biggie. 😸
  6. Sunny did not say or suggest that harassment of students should be tolerated. She brought up police violence because at a number of these schools, cops were being called in to crack down on protests that aren't violent or antisemitic in nature. My alma mater (UT Austin) is one of the colleges that has made recent headlines for this. I am disgusted that state troopers in riot gear were called into campus to inflict actual violence against the students, who by all accounts were protesting peacefully, and hundreds of faculty members feel the same. This is not the only situation where police violence has occurred at these protests, and I feel like Sunny is right to point it out (just like others on the panel are right in some of their points on this discussion as well).
  7. This was frustrating to me. It seemed something simple that could have alleviated a lot of the confusion. The fact that he didn’t ask reminded me of sitcoms where the whole show is based on a stupid misunderstanding. Irritating and weak writing. I also don’t understand why the detective wouldn’t have caught on that Ripley was the same guy who said he was Greenleaf. Dark lighting and disguise aside, it wasn’t that convincing. His voice and mannerisms were the same, and the detective is trained to look for things like this. Also, what is Ripley going to do for money in England? He was cut off from the trust since Dickie supposedly died. I slogged through the whole show and there was no pay off. I was disappointed at the end. There were no heroes on here or people who were smart enough to root for because they saw through Ripley’s antics. Even the ending scene with the father telling Ripley he was a nice young man bothered me. Maybe it’s because the author of the book was a weirdo. I read a quote from her where she said she liked to see evil triumph over good or something like that. I’m paraphrasing.
  8. Yeah, princess in Peoria was a little much.
  9. When I saw the kielbasa/polish sausage, I remembered the ep of MasterChef AU where chef/judge Gary (and maybe Matt, too) nearly passed out from the horror of having to try a dish made with "kranksy." My wife and I, both Midwesterners, were all confused, wondering what in the world a kransky was and why it was so horrid. Turns out it was a plain old innocent little kielbasa, which had us both laughing our heads off. Blood sausage it is isn't, gentlemen. Big sausage fan here and I simply must have a Korean corn dog now. Must. Find. *Gordon Ramsey voice* URGENTLY! Speaking of that dish and Masterchef AU....what is with pro golf being such an apparent breeding ground for golfers with big chef dreams? Soo is the third contestant I've seen who apparently decided to turn in the irons for a shot at chef whites. I mean, OK, 3 out of thousands is hardly a trend, but still.....have noticed. I was surprised that one of the rules wasn't to elevate a dish by making one's own sausage. And I don't mean buying ground chorizo and shaping it and calling it handmade sausage. I really enjoy the challenges on other shows where the contestants have no choice but to grind meat themselves and figure out the spices. Would have been way more interesting than wrapping bacon around a hot dog because...duh! If we're doing write in campaigns for new sausages, I'll start penning pleas for Mr. Lapchoing.
  10. Parody songs-I still have my 45 of Dickie Goodman’s Mr. Jaws!
  11. Yep, and we even saw the Tobins experience this in S1. Honey and Wolf got lost (and lost track of each other) on their way from the guest house to main house, Beef was high on cough syrup and got lost trying to rescue them, and the kids managed to stay together by tying themselves together with a rope chain... but also lost their way back to the house.
  12. Oh, I don't bother in the Masters. Partly because the games aren't up on the archive before it airs like the regular games are. I copy the categories beforehand. If I try to write them down as they're revealed I'm almost guaranteed to be behind when they start playing. (I'm such a dork I built my scorecard in Excel and made a macro to clear it, paste what I copied from the archive, then copy and paste them into the right cells and clear them from the cells where they initially get pasted. 🤓)
  13. ummm I guess I missed that last night. I guess I might be thankful.
  14. Maggie and Nicole have interacted in the past but it's not often enough where their relationship is believable(which is a shame because they should have more of a bond) like Abe/Nicole.
  15. With parents like that he should have four function brain cell.
  16. Broadway, film, and television Producer Edgar Lansbury who won a 1964 Tony Award for The Subject was Roses has died, age 94. Lansbury was the younger brother of actor Angela Lansbury and twin brother of television producer Bruce Lansbury. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lifestyle/arts/edgar-lansbury-dead-subject-roses-angela-1235890334/ https://deadline.com/2024/05/edgar-lansbury-dead-tony-winner-brother-angela-lansbury-was-94-obituary-1235904530/ https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Producer-Edgar-Lansbury-Has-Passed-Away-at-94-20240504
  17. This is my favorite episode of S07. Seeing Victor Tan fights the bad guys in tux is so satisfying. The stunts on the stairs are badass. David Lim is so underrated. Re his new romance, am not sure how long it will last because Olivia is career-minded and also an alpha female. I feel like slapping Powell when she keeps saying “she is a keeper”. B!tch, mind your own business. I also like the Hicks/Buck/Mumford story. It’s juvenile. It’s messy. It’s petty. Men and their childish behaviors. 😆 The Nichelle/Bruce arc is overstretched. They don’t need 3 episodes to wrap it up. Nichelle is a pointless character, it’s a waste of screen time.
  18. Maybe? I’m so sorry I didn’t pay more attention when she spoke of these things. My Sister is a Historian. I should ask her if she knew more. Yes, it’s sad that we can’t find out more. Too late, unfortunately. They had such hardships in that time. We have it so good.
  19. There's been some speculation that Charlie cuts Maria at the Final 5. If Maria does end up on the jury, there is no way she doesn't vote for Charile. If Charlie betrays her, I can see her not giving Charile her vote to win. Charlie is supposed to receive 0 votes. Unless Maria is in the Final 3 and her and Kenzie have a better FTC performance.
  20. I'm shocked it took that long to arrest him after the coroner determined she was murdered. I mean, he was the only one there! His blood was under her nails! She had defensive wounds! Even his lawyer admits she was strangled (just maybe not to death and/or by the dog). It would have even been a stronger case if they had tried it earlier, when the son might still have been willing to tell the truth. Letting the kids spend ages 12-19 with their dad was, I'm sure, very detrimental to them in the long run . Of course they are going to really bond with him after what they went through. Also, the shirt he claimed had chocolate milk on it, but it was blood. Um, was he "repairing that screen" or "fixing that car" in the middle of the night? Did he just decide to keep wearing a bloody shirt for days or something? Did he just leave blood all over his daughters curtains, and not bother to clean it up? I'm quite sure the mother would have taken those down in two seconds after going in there if it had been done earlier. No way would a 12 year old girl be in that room with bloody curtains. Ridiculous!
  21. I agree. Seems like trying to get her 15 minutes of fame.
  22. I moved it -- thanks and apologies!
  23. I don't know if y'all have seen this, but it's interesting. Chef Victoria Blamey, a former boss of Danny's from the restaurant Mena, is claiming he stole one of her recipes for his recent Elimination Challenge win: https://ny.eater.com/2024/5/3/24148009/top-chef-victoria-blamey-danny-garcia-stealing-a-dish My take on this is that she's really being pretty crappy, and so far Danny's case is much better than hers. Thus far, I don't really blame Danny: First off, the article itself quotes the chef herself from a previous article in which she admitted the variations on creating the recipe were created by Danny in collaboration with her (and the ideas that made it unique were his) -- see farther down for a partial quote here.. Secondly, it's not exactly unusual for chefs to come into "Top Chef" armed with a pocketful of their favorite recipes. At least Danny seems to have created the one in question (or worst case, collaborated on it): I really feel like Blamey (unfortunate name) is making a mountain out of a molehill. Danny by her own account spent a ton of time helping to create and refine that dish. I don't have a problem with his using that recipe (or a variation) on "Top Chef." Unlike Ilan Hall, whose S2 finale menu was evidently a carbon copy of dishes from Casa Mono, where he was a sous chef (including the Fideos & Clams dish that tipped the judges into giving him the win).
  24. I know everyone adores Walton Goggins, but I find this character utterly one-note and insufferable. He's smarter, he's tougher, he's more ruthless, no one can get the better of him. Except for when he's all woobie faced about his past. Blech. I am finding the gore excessive. I don't need to see fingers being chopped off and heads crushed. It did have some shock value in the first episode, but four episodes in it just feels puerile and immature. I always love Matt Berry, and having him voice one of the permanently cheerful, insane robots was a genius move. And the dorky kid who works in the arcade in Stranger Things is now a drug dealing raider. Not sure why the defibrillator was charged, mind. But Lucy definitely has her Luck maxed out, to get free from the table and then watch the ghouls and raiders kill each other while she's unharmed. But this would be a way more intriguing character if she'd put a bullet through the Ghoul's head instead of giving him the meds to prove she was better than him. The larger vault storyline is interesting, and harks back to the vaults you'd find in the games, where strange things had happened. Exploring and abandoned vault only to find seriously creepy shit had happened feels very familiar. It reminded me heavily of Miranda from Serenity.
  25. It sounds like my grandmother's experience during WWII. I'm sorry I never really got to ask her more questions - my maternal grandmother grew up in Macau which was neutral territory since Portugal was on neither side (whether it be the Germans or the Japanese). The Japanese wouldn't have invaded Macau like they did with Hong Kong. There WERE, however, food shortages because things weren't able to get through the border from China. My mother only knows so much since there was trauma. My understanding is that my great-grandmother, for some reason, went back to the mainland? I have no idea. And I would never know the whole story.
  1. Load more activity