Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E18: Torn

• Start Topic

Sumit reveals his truth; Deavan discovers more troubling information about Jihoon’s past; Corey returns to Ecuador with less than a month on his visa to convince Evelin to wed; Liam gives Aladin an ultimatum.

There have been some "production leaks" that I am not going to say here, but I mention because they claim that Liam had been done dirty by production and editing several times in the show and I think tonight's argument where he is saying that he draws the line at his mom having kids is going to turn out to be one of them. Apparently, he doesn't speak short and concisely, and when he does, he leaves gaping holes in his sentences, which leaves a lot of room for his words to be twisted and he didn't realize the manipulations with the questions he was being fed. 

Most of these people don't seem to realize the manipulations until the shows air, but some just do not give a damn for tv time. As far as I'm concerned, Laura left her son out to dry and come across as an overgrown child in her quest to be seen on television with eye candy. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 17

Liam has no obligation to like/love his mother's spouse or partner. He is also a young adult and can be out on his own now. His mother's choices are that - hers. He can finish school, get a job, etc. He may very well had an upset stomach - flight, food, etc. Could also be contagious and there would be a lot of guests at the wedding.

Aladin may not be a bad guy but it isn't realistic for many 50 plus women to have a baby without significant medical assistance - and that is expensive.

Laura did look like a walking Christmas tree.

Deaven, maybe it isn't the best idea to move all the way to South Korea to marry a dude you barely know. So you have a child together. You don't have to commit yourself to him.  Maybe if you were a few years older, had a job, etc. things would be different. Your little fling with the dude did not show you who he was and if he would be a good partner for you. Kid first and then getting to know the guy doesn't always work.

Corey, go back to the US. Evelin wants your inheritance and not marriage. There won't be any change for a long time so a month is not going to change her mind.

How much more truth is there, Sumit? Oh what a tangled web you weaved.

• Love 20

Now that we've had some spoiler stuff about Laura, I can't watch her scenes the same way anymore. And while I get what Liam's saying, and he's not really wrong, Coltee  Jr losing his shit about Mama potentially taking the attention away from him her baby boy has me both fascinated and kinda depressed. 

• Love 15

How does deavan keep glossing over the fact that she’s so unsure of Jihoon if he is mature enough,or has the ability to be a good husband financially... yet completely disregarding the more important issue of creating a breathing living thing with a guy that offers no opinion when Comes to real life adult shit. Instead every question turns into “Don’t worry!” 

I think it’s a bad idea for Laura to get pregnant at this stage in her life, but who in the hell gave Liam the right to make that choice for his mom ( or any women) 

Why is it So difficult for Liam to fake liking aladin ? just suck up the 3 day wedding?  Its not like he will be around them everyday. Suck it up already, and go home,and on the way out grab another germ ridden airplane blanket 

Can’t figure out if Evelin is truly being genuine and actually missed Corey. Of if she thinks he’s about to collect an inheritance. 

If cheating isn’t a “crime” and you can’t be arrested for doing it, then there is a giant loophole in that system when the family of the wife is allowed to assault you, no questions asked. You’d probably be better off going to jail.

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

I don't understand why Corey needs to convince Evilyn to get married. Isn't that the whole point of 90 day fiancé? You get married, or you go home. The storyline stinks like Ceasar's edible undies. 

I think their storyline is a big pile of dog poo. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they've pulled a Molly and Luis and are already married. I think they're doing the show for entertainment and maybe some exposure for their "bar." 

My guess is that on the very last episode Evil Lyn will finally have a come to Jesus moment and realize that Corey is the love of her life and proclaim her love for him and they'll get married just in the nick of time...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, Jade Foxx said:

It was ceremonial Tunisian clothing - at her OWN wedding.  She’s such a dismissive, smug, nasty piece of work. 

Smug really is an apt description, no?  It is Laura's world and we are all in it to exist with her.  Have you seen the scene where she makes wine in their apartment?  So into herself and no cares about, oh I don't know......the LAW?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Liam gave his game away: “ if she has another baby she won’t care about me anymore” and “if she has another baby she won’t pay for me/give me money anymore”. 

He flew all that way to sit in the hotel room to make Laura pay.  What a messed up family.   

Edited by Meowwww
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21

What a blow I was dealt this morning! I woke up to find Sling hadn't recorded this episode and I had a hard time finding it On Demand! 😬 Panic permeated the house this morning.😧

I'll watch it after grocery shopping. 😁

• LOL 22
  • Love 2

I don’t think Aladdin is a good guy because whenever I start to think that I remember how he blocked Laura and didn’t respond to her when she annoyed him in some way. I think he’s very smooth and manipulative. That doesn’t mean Liam didn’t act like a complete child. First it’s ridiculous to get worked up over the prospect of the new baby because it is not gonna happen without a ton of medical intervention and even then it’s not a sure thing. Does Laura have other kids?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, lu1535 said:

What a blow I was dealt this morning! I woke up to find Sling hadn't recorded this episode and I had a hard time finding it On Demand! 😬 Panic permeated the house this morning.😧

I'll watch it after grocery shopping. 😁

I hope that was followed up by some good and loud wailing and rending of clothes.

Edited by TipseyGirl
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Sounds like Laura once again gets away with being the innocent "victim" in the middle of all this.  

Liam is a product of his upbringing.  If he is too dependent on Laura financially and/or emotionally you can bet your bottom dollar that Laura has encouraged it because she didn't want to be "lonely" between relationships.  

In Laura's world you'll focus on Liam being a jerk and aladin being "abusive"  and you'll never notice what shit Laura is up to. 

Laura is manipulative and enjoys playing the victim.  She always seems to be spoiling for a fight.  If I were aladin I'd probably block her too.  He generally just leaves when she tries to start shit and I think it drives her nuts.  

I agree that Laura is also manipulative and enjoys playing the victim. Look how she behaved thru her whole wedding extravaganza...all woe is me.  In a way Aladdin and Laura may be well matched. If it works, it works but if it doesn’t, it’s going to be one of the ugliest ends in franchise history imo.

forgot to mention Jihoon...so his story went from “finding lost phones” to selling stolen phones in China. So either he’s stupid or the man child act is...just that...an act. Either way, this is why you don’t marry a guy you barely know, Deavan...

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Jihoon may be immature, but he's super funny. They make a good couple. She's serious and will balance out his childishness, and he'll make her laugh, and help her chill out a bit. Deaven looks so much cuter with less makeup on.

Jihoon cracks my shit up. If Deavan would lighten up a bit I figure they have just as good a chance at happiness as anyone. I can't help but think his "criminal" past is largely fictitious, drummed up by Sharp because they can't make modern, bustling, up to the minute Seoul look like a third world toilet, so they have to portray Jihoon as some sort of crime boss. Because you simply cannot trust a foreign person, by their lights. They are slippery, like raw squid that you eat on a dare at the fish market, the like of which is never seen in that exemplar of civilization, Utah.

7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I think their storyline is a big pile of dog poo. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they've pulled a Molly and Luis and are already married. I think they're doing the show for entertainment and maybe some exposure for their "bar." 

My guess is that on the very last episode Evil Lyn will finally have a come to Jesus moment and realize that Corey is the love of her life and proclaim her love for him and they'll get married just in the nick of time...

Agreed. I think Corey and Evilyn are punking us all. She can barely contain her laughter sometimes. And they are very comfortable together.

• Love 15

What is it with these guys who want kids attaching themselves to fifty-plus year old hags?  Micheal with "Smokey Joe" Angela.  Aladdin with Laura.  Doesn't Sumit want kids?  He family sure does and even got him a wife to do it, since Granny Jenny is an old model with too much mileage.  Didn't these guys ever learn about reproduction?  Don't they realize that even with the slim chance of making it work with transplanted embryos or surrogacy, it will cost thousands of dollars they don't have?

• LOL 4
  • Love 18

I watched the 90 Day Fiancee featuring Mohammed and Danielle's story with my mom bec she's just jumped on this crazy bandwagon. I gotta give credit to Aladin bec if he's in it for the long game he's putting on the best show we've seen of any guy from an Arab country.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, kacesq said:

I don’t think Aladdin is a good guy because whenever I start to think that I remember how he blocked Laura and didn’t respond to her when she annoyed him in some way. I think he’s very smooth and manipulative. That doesn’t mean Liam didn’t act like a complete child. First it’s ridiculous to get worked up over the prospect of the new baby because it is not gonna happen without a ton of medical intervention and even then it’s not a sure thing. Does Laura have other kids?

...I think blocking someone is just a form of setting boundaries. She was acting jealous and he essentially said no...that’s now how I want to live. I’ve blocked family members because they couldn’t respect my peacefulness.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Christina said:

There have been some "production leaks" that I am not going to say here, but I mention because they claim that Liam had been done dirty by production and editing several times in the show and I think tonight's argument where he is saying that he draws the line at his mom having kids is going to turn out to be one of them.

Oooh, can you point me in the right direction? There doesn't seem to be a thread on this show which deals with outside info. Thanks!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I am starting to think so too. What a wedding party!

Well, I don't know if Aladdin really loves Laura, in part because I can't imagine why such a handsome and seemingly thoughtful young man would latch onto that, but at least he's scamming her in style, doesn't seem to be taking any money from her and has a transferable skill with which he can earn a living in the U.S.

I don't know what Liam's story is, but he needs to grow the fuck up. I was impressed by how Aladdin handled him and his sorry ass mother when discussing her sad ass son.

• Love 19
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Laura did look like a walking Christmas tree.

Deaven, maybe it isn't the best idea to move all the way to South Korea to marry a dude you barely know. So you have a child together. You don't have to commit yourself to him.  Maybe if you were a few years older, had a job, etc. things would be different. Your little fling with the dude did not show you who he was and if he would be a good partner for you. Kid first and then getting to know the guy doesn't always work.

Corey, go back to the US. Evelin wants your inheritance and not marriage. There won't be any change for a long time so a month is not going to change her mind.

Better a tree than a hobbit like Avery! Yikes! 

For me Deavan seems to have her head on fairly straight. I think she can handle the finances fine. She seems serious and focused much better than I thought she would be. 

No way will Evelin marry Corey. Buh-bye Corey. Unless we are getting punked and they already are married. 

4 minutes ago, politichick said:

Well, I don't know if Aladdin really loves Laura, in part because I can't imagine why such a handsome and seemingly thoughtful young man would latch onto that, but at least he's scamming her in style, doesn't seem to be taking any money from her and has a transferable skill with which he can earn a living in the U.S.

I don't know what Liam's story is, but he needs to grow the fuck up. I was impressed by how Aladdin handled him and his sorry ass mother when discussing her sad ass son.

Its turning into an expensive scam if that is the case. How much money does this woman have??

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

What is it with these guys who want kids attaching themselves to fifty-plus year old hags? 

Same with Corey but with a twist - "I always wanted to be married and be a dad so I will hook up with a hottie who never wants kids or to be married."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

What is it with these guys who want kids attaching themselves to fifty-plus year old hags?  Micheal with "Smokey Joe" Angela.  Aladdin with Laura.  Doesn't Sumit want kids?  He family sure does and even got him a wife to do it, since Granny Jenny is an old model with too much mileage.  Didn't these guys ever learn about reproduction?  Don't they realize that even with the slim chance of making it work with transplanted embryos or surrogacy, it will cost thousands of dollars they don't have?

These these guys are idiots.   The older women are the scammers.  I’m well over 50 and there is no way I would want have another baby let alone raise one.  

These woman want young studs so desperately  and will say anything to nab them.  What they seem to forget that these guys, in their culture, can divorce or seek another wife in order to have kids.   At some point, this will all fall apart.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Its turning into an expensive scam if that is the case. How much money does this woman have??

I don't think it's the cash in this instance. I think it's the fact that thinks she will get the spousal visa for him which then he can work in the States. I can't wait for that crap to hit the fan and he finds out he cannot go to the States. 

13 hours ago, Christina said:

There have been some "production leaks" that I am not going to say here, but I mention because they claim that Liam had been done dirty by production and editing several times in the show and I think tonight's argument where he is saying that he draws the line at his mom having kids is going to turn out to be one of them. Apparently, he doesn't speak short and concisely, and when he does, he leaves gaping holes in his sentences, which leaves a lot of room for his words to be twisted and he didn't realize the manipulations with the questions he was being fed. 

THANK YOU!!  I feel that Liam has really gotten the short end of the stick here with production being so heavy handed with him.  There is alot going on in the background of Liam-Laura relationship.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, nr65000 said:

As an over-50 woman myself, I really, REALLY do not understand this.  Why in the world do they think that a very young, very attractive man from a foreign country would be genuinely interested in a romantic involvement with them when the same can't be said for the same demographic here in America. The same goes for the old foolish men who seek out young hot girls overseas.  These relationships are strictly transactional based on what each person can give the other.  Why would a rational woman of 50+ want some young kid...it's absurd to me.  They are in completely different stages of life.  To start over (even if it were possible) with a newborn at their age seems ill advised to say the least.  I know this sounds judgmental but I just don't get it.  I am a runner, work really hard to stay in good shape and generally think I look ok for being my age, but I would never in a million years believe some hot 20 something guy would be legitimately attracted to me and I would never use filters to lure in some young dude.  I would be mortified when he actually saw me!

I have to agree. I'm fine with younger men, within reason. My husband is 4 years younger and a classmate of mine's husband is 9 years younger (and he looks her age). For me about 10 years is the limit. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Dobian said:

There is a lot of reproductive wishful thinking on these 90 Day shows.

IMO, all the young guys attaching themselves to the old hags are in it strictly for the green card and/or money.  They have zero affection or attraction towards these women.  

No guy wants to be with a woman who is 20 years older than him and looks 30 or 40 years older.  

These couples remind me of Jack Black and Cloris Leachman in the fake movie, "Mrs. Albert Hannaday", on "The Office".

"Lilly no. Lilly! Lilly please! Lilly stop! I don't care how much time we have left. I don't care what my friends say. And I don't care what your mom thinks! Frankly I'm pretty sure she's not making any sense! Please, move back to my apartment. Lilly, I'm not givin' up. I'm not givin' up. Lilly. Lilly! Push the reverse button! Reverse the button!"

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I have to agree. I'm fine with younger men, within reason. My husband is 4 years younger and a classmate of mine's husband is 9 years younger (and he looks her age). For me about 10 years is the limit. 

Yes same.  My husband was 5 years younger...10 years is about the max for myself as well.

• Love 5