Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E18: Torn

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, nr65000 said:

Yes same.  My husband was 5 years younger...10 years is about the max for myself as well.

Yes and I think the same goes with men and younger women, it starts to look silly! And the most of the women and men on here do not wear their age very well. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, nr65000 said:

As an over-50 woman myself, I really, REALLY do not understand this.  Why in the world do they think that a very young, very attractive man from a foreign country would be genuinely interested in a romantic involvement with them when the same can't be said for the same demographic here in America. The same goes for the old foolish men who seek out young hot girls overseas.  These relationships are strictly transactional based on what each person can give the other.  Why would a rational woman of 50+ want some young kid...it's absurd to me.  They are in completely different stages of life.  To start over (even if it were possible) with a newborn at their age seems ill advised to say the least.  I know this sounds judgmental but I just don't get it.  I am a runner, work really hard to stay in good shape and generally think I look ok for being my age, but I would never in a million years believe some hot 20 something guy would be legitimately attracted to me and I would never use filters to lure in some young dude.  I would be mortified when he actually saw me!

I totally agree.  Generally speaking, I'd say if the guy is 10 years younger than the women, there is almost no chance he is really interested.  

What makes things even a little bit more stupider, is the fact that there is a clear ulterior motive (green cards and money).  I could understand it more if the women were being wooed by men of a similar economic status, from their home towns.  But, when there is an obvious reason, other than love, that the men want a woman who is old enough to be their mother and looks old enough to be their grandma, it is ridiculous that these women get fooled.  

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Yes and I think the same goes with men and younger women, it starts to look silly! And the most of the women and men on here do not wear their age very well. 

It is slightly less ridiculous (in general) when the man is older, as it is pretty common for the man to be older in a marriage.  But, in some of these cases, where it is an attractive young woman who is totally out of the man's league, it is just as ridiculous. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

It is slightly less ridiculous (in general) when the man is older, as it is pretty common for the man to be older in a marriage.  But, in some of these cases, where it is an attractive young woman who is totally out of the man's league, it is just as ridiculous. 

Yes but then there is the silliness that is David Foster who is 69 and Katherine McPhee who is 35! Granted he looks fine for his age but wow. But you do see some couples and say "of course she loves him", meanwhile not even women his own age would want the old guy. 

The reason though the older men/younger women looks better has to do with childbearing. A man can sire a child at pretty much any age, a woman's time is limited. Angela or Laura could be in the best of shape, healthy, look way younger than their years, but if that ship has passed, that ship has passed. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:
4 hours ago, lu1535 said:

What a blow I was dealt this morning! I woke up to find Sling hadn't recorded this episode and I had a hard time finding it On Demand! 😬 Panic permeated the house this morning.😧

I'll watch it after grocery shopping. 😁

I hope that was followed up by some good and loud wailing and rending of clothes.

No but there was some very loud whining to Mr. Lu. 😂

• LOL 9
7 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Yes but then there is the silliness that is David Foster who is 69 and Katherine McPhee who is 35! Granted he looks fine for his age but wow. But you do see some couples and say "of course she loves him", meanwhile not even women his own age would want the old guy. 

The reason though the older men/younger women looks better has to do with childbearing. A man can sire a child at pretty much any age, a woman's time is limited. Angela or Laura could be in the best of shape, healthy, look way younger than their years, but if that ship has passed, that ship has passed. 

Good point about the childbearing issue.  I think this is even a more glaring issue with a lot of the young foreign men, whose cultures tend to be more adamant about continuing the male line of the family than we are in America.    

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

These couples remind me of Jack Black and Cloris Leachman in the fake movie, "Mrs. Albert Hannaday", on "The Office".

"Lilly no. Lilly! Lilly please! Lilly stop! I don't care how much time we have left. I don't care what my friends say. And I don't care what your mom thinks! Frankly I'm pretty sure she's not making any sense! Please, move back to my apartment. Lilly, I'm not givin' up. I'm not givin' up. Lilly. Lilly! Push the reverse button! Reverse the button!"

Haha, and Andy sobbing while Cloris Leachman hums up the staircase in her motorized chair, as Jack Black is devastated. Classic "Office!" 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, nr65000 said:

As an over-50 woman myself, I really, REALLY do not understand this.  Why in the world do they think that a very young, very attractive man from a foreign country would be genuinely interested in a romantic involvement with them when the same can't be said for the same demographic here in America.

I am 54, can pass for younger if I say so myself and I do not see the attraction in having a 29 year old husband.  My hubby is the same age and he would not go for a 30 year old (well he better not, lol!) As he puts it:  "Ya gotta talk at some point."

• LOL 9
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Haha, and Andy sobbing while Cloris Leachman hums up the staircase in her motorized chair, as Jack Black is devastated. Classic "Office!" 

To the tune of "All Out of Love" by Air Supply. 

Someone should edit Aladdin and Laura or Michael and Angela into that scene.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am 54, can pass for younger if I say so myself and I do not see the attraction in having a 29 year old husband.  My hubby is the same age and he would not go for a 30 year old (well he better not, lol!) As he puts it:  "Ya gotta talk at some point."

Or like my husband who is turning 50 this years say.... what young woman wants an old man like me? I'm 54 and he thinks I'm stunning. I also look younger. 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Medsed said:

I am 56....I am raising my about to be three year old grandchild with my amazing husband.  Our bipolar son had a baby with a drug addict...neither one of them is capable of really raising her so we have had her full time since she was slightly over 6 months old.  My youngest son (not the baby daddy) is 25.  We had three kids of our own.

THIS IS SO MUCH MORE EXHAUSTING than raising my own kids ever was.  A three year old at 33/4 is just not the same as a three year old at 56.  I cannot imagine giving birth and jumping right in to do this at this age.

Mind you I am not saying this to complain, I adore being "this is my Mimi who is my mother". that's how she introduced me to someone recently.  I love, love, love this little one of mine.  I am hoping that we will adopt her sometime next year.

BUT...this is not easy.  I am in way better shape than Laura or Angela...I look better, people think I'm younger than my years, I don't smoke and drink a glass here or there like three times a year. This is not a job that anyone should plan on doing without some serious thought to their health, their likely longevity, their financial situation and so much more.  We are grown women here....we have been there done that, anyone who is thoughtful should know how mentally and physically taxing a child or children would be at our age.  These men are also from cultures where Mama does all of the child rearing...I am so fortunate to have a hubby who works three twelves a week and is hands on..takes her on bike rides and to the park or just runs around our big old back yard...eats lunch with her and carries her up to bed if she is exhausted etc. these women would be raising these kids basically alone, while being the primary provider and more....can you even imagine??  I shudder to think about them and any child that would come along naturally or by IVF etc....lord, please don't let it happen with this group!

Lord have mercy. Can I just say, kudos to you and your husband. I'm 62, and get exhausted just thinking about it. So happy for your family that things are going well.

My daughter's father is 8 years younger than I am. It didn't work out, largely due to the age difference, IMO. I didn't want a mature son!

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yes, I'm 53 and can pass for younger (or so I've been told.) I definitely look younger than Laura, Jenny, and Angela, and defintely act more mature. I have no interest in toting eggs around or have anyone else try to use my antiquated eggs, and to even talk about that at this age is ridiculous. And frankly, magical thinking.  I'm exhausted going to work every day and working out 4 times a week. Kids? No gracias. 

Edited by hookedontv
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Jihoon may be immature, but he's super funny. They make a good couple. She's serious

She is not serious, she is just as immature as he is, she just has a worse attitude about where her bad decisions have left her.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

It was ceremonial Tunisian clothing - at her OWN wedding.  She’s such a dismissive, smug, nasty piece of work. 

I dunno.  I admired Laura's willingness to dress up in strange (to her) ceremonial clothing and smile graciously and even try to dance with Aladdin.  I think she was gracious and a better sport about allowing herself to look ridiculous than any other TOW bride we've seen--no whining, no asking for more flattering dresses; just put on what you're supposed to wear and look happy in it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I have to agree. I'm fine with younger men, within reason. My husband is 4 years younger and a classmate of mine's husband is 9 years younger (and he looks her age). For me about 10 years is the limit. 

My husband is 9 years older than me, I'm in my mid 30s, he's in his mid 40s.  The age difference rarely, rarely, comes up.

But I will say I think there are a few factors, we are both men, we both have pretty clear ideas of where our individual lives are going, we don't want children and I'm at a weird cuspy generation where I grew up pre-digital revolution so our childhoods look pretty similar. Oh, also, my parents had me later in life so our parents are actually very close in ages so we have the same generational context on some things and dealing with aging parents.

I think things might be different if we were 21 and 30 but we both partied and slept around enough for a lifetime so we are both more in a nesty, plan for the future frame of mind. And just for the record, I am very attracted to my husband, he has taken very good care of himself, I easily pass for early 20s and him, early 30s.

Edited by John M
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Sometimes a large age difference makes sense if two people share the same interests and therefore have no problem with conversation!  What we’ve seen of Jenny provides nothing attractive about her mind, Laura’s main interests appear to be her purple friend and alcohol so once again nothing there to attract a younger partner.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

There is a lot of reproductive wishful thinking on these 90 Day shows.

IMO, all the young guys attaching themselves to the old hags are in it strictly for the green card and/or money.  They have zero affection or attraction towards these women.  

No guy wants to be with a woman who is 20 years older than him and looks 30 or 40 years older.  

But the thing is, two of these guys - Aladdin and Sumit - are on The Other Way show, they're staying in their home country and their American fiances are moving out to them.  I don't get the motivation.  Sumit is a doormat but could land himself plenty of decent looking Indian women his age.  Aladdin is plenty good looking to nab a sexy Tunisian girl his age or younger.  The over-the-hill women coming to live with them don't have money.  I just don't get it.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 22
15 hours ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

Wow, Sumit. What a piece of shit, no? Declaring his preference to be in jail instead of being married to his wife. Shut up, you gutless wonder. I hope your father in law shoves his foot up somewhere unpleasant. And may your wife go find a hot young buck to make spectacular jiggy jiggy with. 

I hope his wife is a shrewish, toothless, hideous woman that her family couldn’t arrange away until Sumit’s desperate parents came looking for any age-appropriate Indian bride.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, magemaud said:

What a waste for Liam to come to Tunisia and then hole up in his hotel room. I would much rather Ludwing was there! 

Exactly!  That's just what I posted in the couples thread!  I can picture Ludwing enjoy the festivities and being there for Laura, instead of making her feel more alone and rejected.  

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

I believe Liam is on the spectrum and therefore, may be unable to work a regular job. I'm speculating though, because he reminds me very much of my friend's son, who could not handle loud music, crowds etc. I once had him volunteer for me at the library, and he couldn't handle it. He's a very smart guy, but he had limits on what he could handle, and got overwhelmed easily. That may be the reason Liam didn't feel comfortable going to the big marriage events. I'm cutting him a lot of slack because I know some additional spoiler info. He has every right to be disappointed, and pissed off at his Mom. 

If he is on the spectrum then it is very cruel of Laura to drag him to a new country where he would have to meet lots of new people.  Doesn’t she have any gal pals who could come over and flirt with Aladdin’s friends?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

What is it about these big older women looking for young guys? Are they delusional? (Not really a question.)  Do they not really think they are being used. Do they really think this is going to last. I'm with Liam that she shouldn't have another baby, but not for the reasons he has.  I haven't seen one couple on any of these 90 day fiance shows that really should gotten married.

4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

And when a much older person is the with a very young person, it makes the older person look older. I know they think it makes them look younger, but it doesn't. 

Edited by antfitz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, John M said:

She is not serious, she is just as immature as he is, she just has a worse attitude about where her bad decisions have left her.

And she is going to stay now and bring her other child over. She's only 22 and she already has a child that's 3 or 4. She does not make good decisions at all.

44 minutes ago, Bunnyette said:

If he is on the spectrum then it is very cruel of Laura to drag him to a new country where he would have to meet lots of new people.  Doesn’t she have any gal pals who could come over and flirt with Aladdin’s friends?

I never thought of that.  It makes sense. Having had autistic kids in my classroom, It makes a lot if sense.  He did seem off, but I just wasn't thinking about that, 

Edited by antfitz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

But the thing is, two of these guys - Aladdin and Sumit - are on The Other Way show, they're staying in their home country and their American fiances are moving out to them.  I don't get the motivation.  Sumit is a doormat but could land himself plenty of decent looking Indian women his age.  Aladdin is plenty good looking to nab a sexy Tunisian girl his age or younger.  The over-the-hill women coming to live with them don't have money.  I just don't get it.

GREEN CARD and eventual citizenship. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, nr65000 said:

As an over-50 woman myself, I really, REALLY do not understand this.  Why in the world do they think that a very young, very attractive man from a foreign country would be genuinely interested in a romantic involvement with them when the same can't be said for the same demographic here in America. The same goes for the old foolish men who seek out young hot girls overseas.  

Besides the jiggy jiggy what do these people talk about?  These women were born in the mid to late 60’s.  The men on the show were born in the early 1990s.  In between sex their conversations must go like this:

Her: Breakfast Club was the movie of a generation.

Him: What’s that?? Best movie of a generation is Fast & Furious on babyyyy…

Her: I remember Robert Downey Jr when he was a celeb who crashed in jail for drugs.

Him: BABY!! Robert Downey Jr no make movies before Iron Man.

Her: OMG I remember where I was when Princess Di died.

Him: I was little boy in first year school. The teacher say someone important die. I dunno why this lady die.

Her:  Dallas was the best night time soap. Who killed JR.

Him: What is JR?!?! Who kill him? Voldermort?

Her: Man, John Travolta has really let himself go. He had beautiful hair in Saturday Night Fever.

Him: Baby… Travolta no make movie baby till Pulp Fiction movie baby.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

This show just keeps giving me things I didn't even know I wanted like a grown man arguing about his 50+ year old mother’s reproductive choices with her much younger husband. Liam calls Aladin controlling but is actively trying to police his own mother's dusty cobwebbed uterus. What time to be alive!

Who can forget Laura practically needing a wheelchair after a day of traveling to Qatar but she wants to have a baby and run after a toddler. LOL!

I really dislike Liam. He doesn't have to like or respect Aladin but he can at least be polite, especially sine Aladin has been nothing but kind and welcoming to him. 

Someone below said they think hes on the autistic spectrum,  and that makes perfect sense now.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Lord have mercy. Can I just say, kudos to you and your husband. I'm 62, and get exhausted just thinking about it. So happy for your family that things are going well.

My daughter's father is 8 years younger than I am. It didn't work out, largely due to the age difference, IMO. I didn't want a mature son!

Yes MEDMED kudos to you.  You have more energy than I would have. I do understand the love of this child.  I would do the same thing in your position. I commend your willingness to love this child so fully. My mother in her seventies Partially raised her grandson. She would have taken him and full time if she were allowed. My opinion is, she would have been a much better caregiver than either parent. Congrats on your beautiful spirit! 😘👍💖

• Love 6
1 hour ago, antfitz said:

Sure, then why didn't they come out to America?  It would make sense for Laura to have Aladdin come to America so she doesn't have to be separated from her son.  It makes sense for Jenny to have Sumit to come to America so she can be near her daughter.  Uprooting themselves and going to Tunisia and India just delays things.  It can take up to three years to get approved for a marriage green card, and then another three years for citizenship.  If these guys really want to come to America, they're kind of going about it the wrong way.  You don't want to play too long of a long game when the geezer you're married to might not live long enough!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Sure, then why didn't they come out to America?  It would make sense for Laura to have Aladdin come to America so she doesn't have to be separated from her son.  It makes sense for Jenny to have Sumit to come to America so she can be near her daughter.  Uprooting themselves and going to Tunisia and India just delays things.  It can take up to three years to get approved for a marriage green card, and then another three years for citizenship.  If these guys really want to come to America, they're kind of going about it the wrong way.  You don't want to play too long of a long game when the geezer you're married to might not live long enough!

In Sumbitch's case, he didn't have much of a chance getting to the US. He's married, so the K9 visa is out, and he doesn't have any particular skills that might get him permanent residence.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

I watched the 90 Day Fiancee featuring Mohammed and Danielle's story with my mom bec she's just jumped on this crazy bandwagon. I gotta give credit to Aladin bec if he's in it for the long game he's putting on the best show we've seen of any guy from an Arab country.

I absolutely agree.  Mo could barely stand to be in the same room with Danielle.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I absolutely agree.  Mo could barely stand to be in the same room with Danielle.

Can't say I blame him. I could barely stand to watch her segments. That woman was Darcy-level pathetic/desperate. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, libgirl2 said:
3 hours ago, Bunnyette said:

2 hours ago, antfitz said:

Someone below said they think hes on the autistic spectrum,  and that makes perfect sense now.

I too think he's on the spectrum.

I think he depends on his mother and the men she parades into their home is very troubling to him.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, antfitz said:

Then why have the women come to their country and marry them at all? The reason we went with the fiance visa and not the spousal visa is because it is cheaper and takes less time. For the Americans to go to the foreign country, marry, and then try to bring the spouse back to the US you're looking at a shit ton of money and a very long wait-the average time is around 3 years. If the ultimate goal is American citizenship then why not come over on the K-1? It's cheaper, there's less paperwork, and, in some cases, only takes 6 months. 

• Useful 7
13 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I too think he's on the spectrum.

I think he depends on his mother and the men she parades into their home is very troubling to him.

Sped teacher here, licensed in ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) among other things and I am here to tell you:  He is not on the spectrum.  He is a straight up rude socially awkward asshole, at least how he is being edited currently.

7 hours ago, Medsed said:

I am 56....I am raising my about to be three year old grandchild with my amazing husband.  Our bipolar son had a baby with a drug addict...neither one of them is capable of really raising her so we have had her full time since she was slightly over 6 months old.  My youngest son (not the baby daddy) is 25.  We had three kids of our own.

THIS IS SO MUCH MORE EXHAUSTING than raising my own kids ever was.  A three year old at 33/4 is just not the same as a three year old at 56.  I cannot imagine giving birth and jumping right in to do this at this age.

Wow!!  Kudos to you!!  At my school I see lots of grandparents bringing up their grandkids for many reasons.  Best wishes and take that multivitamin every day, girl!!

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
8 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Sped teacher here, licensed in ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) among other things and I am here to tell you:  He is not on the spectrum.  He is a straight up rude socially awkward asshole, at least how he is being edited currently.

I don't think he's alright.  Just watching him.  Didn't he say he needs his mother to take care of him?

Maybe not Autism but something else.

Edited by Jeanne222

I don’t know which of the two is more delusional. Laura for thinking Aladdin is actually attracted to her or Aladdin for thinking Laura could actually have a baby. 

Yes, Liam is rude and boorish but that conversation in the baths was ridiculous. There’s never going to be a baby. Laura is too old to have children. Aladdin doesn’t seem to understand that. 

If Aladdin is in this for the green card, he’s in for a long wait. 

• Love 10

Just as I suspected, Laura's grubby fingerprints are all over that showdown between Liam and aladin.

First she makes sure to rile aladin up by making sure she tells him that Liam is against their relationship because "he doesn't want me to find love!" which puts aladin on the defensive

Second she makes sure that she doesn't tell Liam ANYTHING about how she told aladin that he basically doesn't like him.  Rather she just sells the trip to the spa with aladin as a "getting to know each other" adventure.

Third, she makes absolutely sure thar she tells Liam that aladin doesn't want kids at all.

So now  Liam has no idea he has just walked into a situation where he has to explain why he doesn't approve of Laura's relationship.....which he didn't want to do because he KNEW he would come off sounding like an asshole.  He had no warning that aladin wanted to talk to him about why he doesnt approve...he didn't know that aladin knew that it wasn't diarrhea or whatever.

And then he really didn't know that Laura and aladin wanted to have a baby so.....blindsided again!

Liam behaved like an epic asshole....and I think he knew that that's exactly how he would behave if confronted and so he avoided it.  But he was outfoxed by Laura, who set him up.

Laura is such a phony with her boo hooing....what am I gonna do if they don't like each other?  She continually sets them up to hate each other and acts shocked when they hate each other.  

And I'd bet a box of chocolate panties that Laura constantly calls Liam from qatar and whines about how poorly aladin is treating her and how controlling he is and how she lives in a perpetual state of victimhood.....and is shocked....shocked! When Liam doesn't want to attend her wedding and hates aladin. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 3
  • Love 15
22 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

It was ceremonial Tunisian clothing - at her OWN wedding.  She’s such a dismissive, smug, nasty piece of work. 

Laura should thank her lucky stars.  She should have seen what Avery had to wear.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

Laura is such a phony with her boo hooing....what am I gonna do if they don't like each other?  She continually sets them up to hate each other and acts shocked when they hate each other.  

See, and this is why, when introducing my now hubby to my high school aged sons, I said pretty much nothing.  "You don't have to like him, just respect him as any adult."  Never put my beek into anything, never pushed for anything.  Never shared disagreements, hubby stayed in his lane as a stepfather and they all love each other.  But pitting them against each other so you can have two men fighting over you?  Grow up Christmas Tree Laura.  

• Love 15
12 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Then why have the women come to their country and marry them at all? The reason we went with the fiance visa and not the spousal visa is because it is cheaper and takes less time. For the Americans to go to the foreign country, marry, and then try to bring the spouse back to the US you're looking at a shit ton of money and a very long wait-the average time is around 3 years. If the ultimate goal is American citizenship then why not come over on the K-1? It's cheaper, there's less paperwork, and, in some cases, only takes 6 months. 

I didn't realize it was more expensive to use the spousal visa route as opposed to the K1.  I suspect that we are seeing couples trying to get around the reluctance of the US to admit Muslim men right now by getting married first.  Do you know whether it's easier strictly from a who-gets-admitted stand point to be a spouse rather than a fiance?  It does seem that the Muslim men all want to be in the US--is Rebecca planning to marry Zeid before trying to bring him over here?  That's the only reason I could imagine for her telling him that she's already married--and if so, why didn't she wait until her divorce was final to go over there?

Edited to add:  About Liam.  I am never comfortable with non-professionals labeling people as "on the spectrum," and I'm glad we have some trained guidance here.  It has become very popular and easy to attach that label to people whose behavior we do not understand, and we end up excusing people who are just plain rude by taking responsibility for their behavior out of their own control.

I understood from Liam's complaint that Laura was contributing to his upkeep.  Have we ever learned what if anything Liam does for a living?  I repeat my suspicion of a little Oedipal stuff going on here (and yes, I am a trained psychiatrist, or at least I'm friends with a couple of psychologists, or at least I've read Oedipus Rex) (in translation) (or I meant to) because he complained about the loss of not only financial support but also of time and care.  I don't think Liam wants his mother to marry anyone; I think he wants her all to himself, and I think he's acting like a spoiled child.  Shame on Laura for raising him this way.

And another thing:  I am confused about Muslim weddings.  Laura's and Aladdin's looks like a lot of fun and whoop-de-doo, while Avery and Omar's totally sucks.  What gives?  In American weddings, you can get married at the courthouse and then have another wedding that's more celebratory--is that what's going on with Avery?  Are Laura and Aladdin officially married?  Then why did his mother sleep with Laura?

Edited by Mothra
so many questions. See the receptionist on your way out.
  • Love 7

I think that celebrity culture is partly to blame for these deluded 45 plus women thinking that they're gonna get knocked up, even with help. Yes, everyone seems to have some anecdotal story about how their aunt got pregnant naturally at 47, but those rare cases don't even skew the actual age related fertility stats. Many clinics won't try IVF after age 45, success rates drop lower and lower beginning at age 35, so does Laura think she has some magical womb at age 50 whatever? Does she, or Big Ang for that matter have the 10s of thousands of dollars it would take to pursue IVF? Celebs have endless money, and I don't believe for one moment that all of them are/were pregnant, I don't want to get all conspiracy theoried out here, but some surely have someone toting the child for them. 

If I were Liam, I wouldn't have bothered arguing with Laura or Aladdin about her having another child. I would have just been, "oh, yeah? Sounds great. I can't wait to have a little brother or sister," and rolled my eyes out of my head. Why argue that point, lol? A simple "sounds great," would have avoided any drama...oh, wait. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

Edited to add:  About Liam.  I am never comfortable with non-professionals labeling people as "on the spectrum," and I'm glad we have some trained guidance here.  It has become very popular and easy to attach that label to people whose behavior we do not understand, and we end up excusing people who are just plain rude by taking responsibility for their behavior out of their own control.

I agree, and as a licensed SPED teacher who also does Evaluations on people aged 5 through 21, and teaches them daily, (currently in a K-5 school) and again, he does not strike me as ASD. ever.  Just passive aggressive and overly protective of his mother.

2 hours ago, Mothra said:

And another thing:  I am confused about Muslim weddings.  Laura's and Aladdin's looks like a lot of fun and whoop-de-doo, while Avery and Omar's totally sucks.  What gives?  In American weddings, you can get married at the courthouse and then have another wedding that's more celebratory--is that what's going on with Avery?  Are Laura and Aladdin officially married?  Then why did his mother sleep with Laura?

We never saw Aladin and Jowly McChristmas Tree's legal wedding, at least I don't remember it - not sure if it was the same where Laura did not participate.  I would have loved to see her face when told a proxy would be standing in for her!!  What you are seeing now is the three day party, the legal stuff was done a while ago.  Maybe Mom slept with Laura as Mom did not consider them REALLY married till the three day affair was over?

• Love 8
On 9/24/2019 at 1:35 AM, Barbara Please said:

I believe Liam is on the spectrum and therefore, may be unable to work a regular job. I'm speculating though, because he reminds me very much of my friend's son, who could not handle loud music, crowds etc. I once had him volunteer for me at the library, and he couldn't handle it. He's a very smart guy, but he had limits on what he could handle, and got overwhelmed easily. That may be the reason Liam didn't feel comfortable going to the big marriage events. I'm cutting him a lot of slack because I know some additional spoiler info. He has every right to be disappointed, and pissed off at his Mom. 

Sum-meat is a sack of stinky dog poo. The kind of poo that comes from an old dog being fed the cheap dog food. Even if he really loves Jenny, he is legally bound to someone else, and the fact that Jenny is still in India and open to talking with him makes me think she's wanting to stay with him. Snaggly toothed lovers. Turkey-necked sweethearts. heart emojis in her diary. Mrs. Jenny Sum-meat. 💕 She really must believe she's  in the senior citizen's version of a Harlequin Romance novel. 

I don't understand why Corey needs to convince Evilyn to get married. Isn't that the whole point of 90 day fiancé? You get married, or you go home. The storyline stinks like Ceasar's edible undies. 

Jihoon may be immature, but he's super funny. They make a good couple. She's serious and will balance out his childishness, and he'll make her laugh, and help her chill out a bit. Deaven looks so much cuter with less makeup on.

Please PM me the spoiler info or put it in the couples thread. Thanks.

• Love 3