Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E18: Torn

• Start Topic

On 9/25/2019 at 2:32 PM, Lily247 said:

100%. I work with kids with ASD too and Liam just seems socially awkward / anxious, but (from what I see) not on the spectrum. 

Hell, everybody and their mother loves to play armchair doctor and diagnose people with ASD. I have had 2 people try to tell me that I am autistic (as an adult) when in fact I just get occasional social anxiety. Not like Liam though!

I totally agree. Our youngest has special needs and has many symptoms of ASD. Doesn't get social cues, repeats phrases several times, obsessive, can't relate to the feelings of others if he hasn't experienced it himself, etc.

He does make eye contact, is very empathetic with people who are going through things he has gone through and very much desires interpersonal relationships.

It would be very easy to give an armchair diagnosis of ASD, based on my first paragraph, but...

Edited by renatae
  • Love 2
On 9/24/2019 at 4:46 PM, Dobian said:

But the thing is, two of these guys - Aladdin and Sumit - are on The Other Way show, they're staying in their home country and their American fiances are moving out to them.  I don't get the motivation.  Sumit is a doormat but could land himself plenty of decent looking Indian women his age.  Aladdin is plenty good looking to nab a sexy Tunisian girl his age or younger.  The over-the-hill women coming to live with them don't have money.  I just don't get it.

Sumit explicitly stated he likes white women. He didn’t want an Indian woman, decent, beautiful, any type. He seems to prefer wrinkled, dusty but white over young and Indian and that’s his prerogative. Or at least it was until he married one.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Dutchgirl said:

New here, just started watching! Sorry if this was covered too many times already, but Tim, the guy with the weird head...he's totally gay right? 

It's been suggested several times. I get more of a "metrosexual" feel from him. His appearance, movements, and behavior just give me that vibe. Could be that he's in the closet, so to speak, who knows with this crazy trashy show. 

"the guy with the weird head" = golden. LMAO. 

Edited by Hannah94
  • Love 7

Welcome to Craytown, Dutchgirl.

Tim is an unusual subject.  He certainly throws gay vibes.  And that whole thing is such a yucky staged setup, I can’t quite get past the starting gate.  He’s so itty bitty teeny tiny.  Itty bitty shoulders, itty bitty legs, itty bitty hands, itty bitty feet.  He looks like some weird 12 year old wearing a face that has to shave.  And the dynamic between he and whatever the girl’s name is bone jarring.  “I have to do whatever I can to make her believe me”.  “I have to make her trust me”.  “I have to convince her I have feelings for her”.   And the ridiculous dance he’s doing avoiding kissing her (or touching her or by God screwing het) when she’s practically laying on his face... dear lord.  This is like the “did he forget me t the airport suspense” or “I have this secret...”.  Been done to death and don’t care. Don’t care.  Do not GAS.  don’t care.  Why this hot Latina is still  the tiniest bit interested in that 12 year old with  a weird head is beyond me.  She must be convinced he’s worth big bucks.  Plus there’s the whole she-has-all-the-control ... he gets a text from his ex, admits it, hands the phone over to Priss, they pretend they’re fighting, she throws a beer in his face.  (Thick beer too - somehow I got that sequence twice - and noted the beer is the almost the consistency of  eggnog.  COLOMBIAN BEER - it’ll make a man of ya!!

Other than that,I love this couple.  🤣🤣

ok, one more thing (because I’m old, mean and cranky), he’s just so tiny, that little guy with his little manicured nails.  If he’s not gay, he missed a turn somewhere.  Little squirt needs someone to look out for him.  He would make such a cute ventriloquists  character.  (Hesitating to label him a dummy...). Wouldn’t he be just cute sitting on a table with Jeff Dunham’s arm up his back???    Can you see it?  Huh? Huh? Huh?  I NAILED IT.

• LOL 16
  • Love 3

Corey is a bore,  and Evelin needs a couple sandwiches so we can tell her apart from the local scrawny chickens.  

Aladdin to Laura: "You are beautiful....but not in that tee-shirt." Smooth operator....

Tired of the Feckless Duo,  Sumit the Delhi Deceiver and Jihoon the Contraband Kid. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

"Bully" and "bipolar" are two more labels thrown around all too frequently, IMO.  Both are very serious issues, and the way the terms are thrown around just takes away from the seriousness.  Ugh.

Per the bully issue - try working in a public school.  I hear this all day long!!  "Sarah would not let me use her green crayon!  She is a bully!"  No, no she is not.

16 hours ago, renatae said:

she would become upset when we started reminiscing about the shows and times we grew up in, because she was too young to have been aware of them. She really had some jealousy going on there.

Jealous over that?? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

Welcome to Craytown, Dutchgirl.

Tim is an unusual subject.  He certainly throws gay vibes.  And that whole thing is such a yucky staged setup, I can’t quite get past the starting gate.  He’s so itty bitty teeny tiny.  Itty bitty shoulders, itty bitty legs, itty bitty hands, itty bitty feet.  He looks like some weird 12 year old wearing a face that has to shave.  And the dynamic between he and whatever the girl’s name is bone jarring.  “I have to do whatever I can to make her believe me”.  “I have to make her trust me”.  “I have to convince her I have feelings for her”.   And the ridiculous dance he’s doing avoiding kissing her (or touching her or by God screwing het) when she’s practically laying on his face... dear lord.  This is like the “did he forget me t the airport suspense” or “I have this secret...”.  Been done to death and don’t care. Don’t care.  Do not GAS.  don’t care.  Why this hot Latina is still  the tiniest bit interested in that 12 year old with  a weird head is beyond me.  She must be convinced he’s worth big bucks.  Plus there’s the whole she-has-all-the-control ... he gets a text from his ex, admits it, hands the phone over to Priss, they pretend they’re fighting, she throws a beer in his face.  (Thick beer too - somehow I got that sequence twice - and noted the beer is the almost the consistency of  eggnog.  COLOMBIAN BEER - it’ll make a man of ya!!

Other than that,I love this couple.  🤣🤣

ok, one more thing (because I’m old, mean and cranky), he’s just so tiny, that little guy with his little manicured nails.  If he’s not gay, he missed a turn somewhere.  Little squirt needs someone to look out for him.  He would make such a cute ventriloquists  character.  (Hesitating to label him a dummy...). Wouldn’t he be just cute sitting on a table with Jeff Dunham’s arm up his back???    Can you see it?  Huh? Huh? Huh?  I NAILED IT.

I just can't get past those over-plucked eyebrows...and the manicured nails? Wow. The worst part, his nails looked non-pro (I saw clumps at the cuticles), meaning he owns clear nail polish AND uses it. I'm all for modernism, switch it up, let the guy nest and cook and clean toilets, wear an apron and talk to his mom too much, the woman can bring home the bacon and lift weights, all that, but I draw the line at a hetero man owning nail polish. I just cannot with this guy...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Tim has passed the point of being a "gentleman" and treating her with respect (both things I would admire). Now it's just kind of weird and I'm starting to feel bad and embarrassed for Jennifer. 

I've never seen a guy act like this but now I remember how he introduced himself....he basically said he was driven to be successful to prove everyone wrong with the "stuff" but it's clear he's still the insecure guy just surrounded by stuff.   I'm always amazed that the person doesn't evolve.

He's so awkward to watch.   No car is going to mask that insecurity.   The talking through the bases made me so uncomfortable.  Who the hell talks like that as grown ass adults????

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

I just can't get past those over-plucked eyebrows...and the manicured nails? Wow. The worst part, his nails looked non-pro (I saw clumps at the cuticles), meaning he owns clear nail polish AND uses it. I'm all for modernism, switch it up, let the guy nest and cook and clean toilets, wear an apron and talk to his mom too much, the woman can bring home the bacon and lift weights, all that, but I draw the line at a hetero man owning nail polish. I just cannot with this guy...

I think he is a dandy.  It may have been @HunterHunted who first brought up the term and I think it fits Tim perfectly.  

I saw a documentary about these guys in Haiti (?) who spend thousands on these colorful suits and expensive shoes and walking sticks and pocket squares and they spend all day just walking around looking fancy and almost posing.....it's a little like voguing.  

These guys aren't gay, they just really like wearing colorful clothes and beIN fancy.  I think they were called dandy's.  It fit so perfectly and it does with Tim too.  

Modern day dandy, glossy nails, perfectly plucked brow, colorful suits.  Style over substance....very dandy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

Hauling out the under eye patches in public and crossing his legs does it for me.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I want to correct something I said at some point during this season, which has been going on for a decade now, so I can't possibly remember where or when, but think I did say it. On the first episode, 12 years ago, there was a photograph of Liam with his dad and two brothers and he was the only one not blurred. I said that Laura had three sons, two of whom refused to be on this show, but only the second son is hers, the third brother is just the Dad's. This comes up in a minute.

First, Laura is a Canadian citizen. Liam was born in Florida and he has dual citizenship, but Laura does not. I'm not sure if that was discussed specifically on the show, but Laura did say she was Canadian and living in Florida.

I want to defend Liam some more here. He was rude and has no business deciding if his mom has another child or not, but that editing was a low-blow for many reasons which have come to light. I actually expected it would be another instance of Laura hanging her son out to dry, like someone said earlier in this thread, Laura set it up for the two of them to fight over her. She quickly became in the running for the trashiest woman in the franchise to me, and the franchise includes Angela, Leida and Larissa. At least Larissa can claim mental illness. Anyone who doesn't mind being spoiled should really check out Laura's thread in The Couples Subforum.

It was pointed out to me that Liam likely had to resay something to cut his mention of his brother out of his comment. I cannot get a screencap to load, but around 38:50 of the episode, when he was saying that he didn't agree with her getting pregnant, Liam says, "She's still helping her other kid grow up." He then says it would be taking money and attention away from him. I actually believe, based on all the information that has come out about the producer shenanigans, which have been supported by evidence over the years, that Liam was asked to not mention his brother again so he didn't. 

Spoiler

The spoiler boxes will not let me type in them for some odd reason. It's driving me nuts. Regarding Liam's comment about, "She's still helping her other kid grow up," Laura is in arrears for the child support of her second son, who is now over 18, and her ex has filed Motions for contempt to try and collect. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think he is a dandy.  It may have been @HunterHunted who first brought up the term and I think it fits Tim perfectly.  

I saw a documentary about these guys in Haiti (?) who spend thousands on these colorful suits and expensive shoes and walking sticks and pocket squares and they spend all day just walking around looking fancy and almost posing.....it's a little like voguing.  

These guys aren't gay, they just really like wearing colorful clothes and beIN fancy.  I think they were called dandy's.  It fit so perfectly and it does with Tim too.  

Modern day dandy, glossy nails, perfectly plucked brow, colorful suits.  Style over substance....very dandy. 

Dandy is a very old term of English upper class origin. It means just what you described.

I watched that documentary about African dandies. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/26/2019 at 8:45 PM, Dutchgirl said:

New here, just started watching! Sorry if this was covered too many times already, but Tim, the guy with the weird head...he's totally gay right? 

There’s quite a population of asexual people in the world, that’s a possibility. He is oddly proportioned, and as a small guy — like one of my very shy relatives — he’s probably had a difficult time asserting himself with women. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I’ve been busy doing 500 things so I’ve just gotten back into the show. 

Summit is awful. He consented to the arranged marriage and continued to string both Jenni AND his wife along. Had Jenni come to India knowing he couldn’t marry her because he was married. And the way hes acting we a supposed to feel sorry for him or some reason?!!! 

• Love 8
On 9/26/2019 at 2:34 PM, renatae said:

Then he went for #3, again my husband's age but by now we were in our 40's or 50's. In his 80's and suffering from Alzheimer's, #3 started taking his SS and abandoned him in the nursing home and my husband needed to become his guardian.

I can never figure out why these people, even if they can actually hang on to the relationship for whatever reason, can't see 20 or 30 years down the road to where one is still relatively young and the other is a senior citizen.

The thing is, even if wife #3 had not been older, she still could have done the same thing.  Older women can be in it for the $$ as well.

Planning is great, but you can't live your life worrying about what will happen in 20 to 30 years.  I had a friend who planned and planned, and planned for retirement for years and years, what were she and her husband going to do when he retired, how much money they were going to have, what they were going to do, etc.  She was never in the moment, never looking at what she had to do right now.  She died three years ago YEARS before her husband was able to retire.

• Love 2
On 9/25/2019 at 2:14 PM, John M said:

Maybe he is just attracted to more full bodied, older women? I dunno, I feel sometimes like this talk is projecting some unhealthy cultural norms of who is attractive and who should be attracted to who. 

I agree. While I find Aladin questionable, there are younger men who genuinely enjoy older women, even if they don’t look like supermodels.

To comment on Tim...man, what an awkward person. It seems Jennifer wants someone who is going to dominate her in and out of the bedroom, and Tim looks he’s afraid of anything that would involve sweat. He seems like the type who would throw a fit if he couldn’t have his weekly mani and pedi. What is his deal? Jennifer is beautiful and clearly wants to have sex, and Tim is focused on “bases”. Like they’re 12. What an odd pairing. 

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 8
On 9/27/2019 at 5:41 PM, mamadrama said:

Tim has passed the point of being a "gentleman" and treating her with respect (both things I would admire). Now it's just kind of weird and I'm starting to feel bad and embarrassed for Jennifer. 

The guy is 38, he acts like a 14 year old working up the nerve for his first kiss.  He's totally asexual.  You talk to someone for a couple of years and fly to their country to stay with with them, any guy with normal hormone levels is going to be all over her the first night.  They won't even need all the obvious signals Jennifer gives out to make a move.

• Love 7
On 9/24/2019 at 11:55 AM, Bryce Lynch said:

It is slightly less ridiculous (in general) when the man is older, as it is pretty common for the man to be older in a marriage.  But, in some of these cases, where it is an attractive young woman who is totally out of the man's league, it is just as ridiculous. 

I know some people in real life with a large age difference and the most ridiculous is when the younger spouse is really immature. Some other couples I know where the younger spouse is like a 50 year old person in a 30 year old body you don’t even really notice the difference at all. So for me it really depends on the couple.

If Laura is only 50 then pregnancy could be possible naturally but if she is closer to age 55 then probably not. IDK, I am 45 and not seeking more kids but my doctor said I am not even started peri-menopause and based on some of her tests she doesn’t think close to starting for a while so I still really need protection if I don’t want more kids. Sure miscarriage would be more likely though. I have friends my same age that have been in peri for years now so I guess it depends on the person. But of course I know 50 is different than 45 (I am close to 46 now).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, fountain said:

I know some people in real life with a large age difference and the most ridiculous is when the younger spouse is really immature. Some other couples I know where the younger spouse is like a 50 year old person in a 30 year old body you don’t even really notice the difference at all. So for me it really depends on the couple.

If Laura is only 50 then pregnancy could be possible naturally but if she is closer to age 55 then probably not. IDK, I am 45 and not seeking more kids but my doctor said I am not even started peri-menopause and based on some of her tests she doesn’t think close to starting for a while so I still really need protection if I don’t want more kids. Sure miscarriage would be more likely though. I have friends my same age that have been in peri for years now so I guess it depends on the person. But of course I know 50 is different than 45 (I am close to 46 now).

Yes, all of these storylines about these 50 year old trailer trash women mentioning having babies is just ridiculous and no one is buying it, these women for sure have no desire to.raise.more kids. I thought the type of women who have kids in their late 40s with medical intervention are the super successful career type women in NYC and LA. No reputable doctor will approve to get either Laura or Angela pregnant or even use their eggs. Besides, how would they pay ? Im sure its at least $30K. 

• Love 3
On 9/25/2019 at 1:03 PM, libgirl2 said:

Thank you for saying that. When my dad married my mom it was a huge deal in his family. He was German and my mom is Hispanic. They weren't thrilled. Sometimes, you love who you love. I think what makes these relationships suspect is the almighty green card. 

And for a few of them they really do have differing goals. Wanting biological children with a 60 year old wife may not be possible. Using a surrogate, ivf, adoption are all expensive and likely unaffordable options for these folks. Adoption of older children may not be allowed for older women, there are often lots of rules. It does seem to me though that Sumit really does  love Jenny and Aladdin seems like a decent guy and was pretty good in his conversation with the asshole that is Liam.

Edited by fountain
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Lily247 said:

No reputable doctor will approve to get either Laura or Angela pregnant or even use their eggs. Besides, how would they pay ? Im sure its at least $30K. 

One would have thought that about Octomom who was unwed, on welfare, and had six children before she talked a doctor (obviously not all that reputable) into implanting her embryos into her.

• Love 5

So they can send Summit and his family to jail because he doesn't want to stay married? Dang that's messed up. Maybe that's why adult children seem so beholden to their parents in that culture. I mean if you  mess up your parents have to pay the price as well?

13 hours ago, Maybeitsme said:

So they can send Summit and his family to jail because he doesn't want to stay married? Dang that's messed up. Maybe that's why adult children seem so beholden to their parents in that culture. I mean if you  mess up your parents have to pay the price as well?

In the bonus scene on More to Love, Sumbitch's friend explained it. He wouldn't go to jail for wanting out of the marriage or cheating. Rather, the in-laws would file false charges alleging that Sumbitch and his family abused the wife. A "he said she said" situation in which Sumbitch might prevail, but only after costly legal proceedings.

• Love 5

It's not common but there are some 50-year old women who have not yet gone through menopause and are still capable of having children.  Perhaps Laura is one of those (we all know Angela is not).  

Laura's dress (which apparently Aladin picked out) definitely could have used some altering.  And she could have used a hairstylist.

• Love 4
On 9/30/2019 at 11:59 AM, Boston said:

If Angela thinks she can have a baby than i'm a monkey's uncle.. granted I had a hysterectomy in my 40s.. but her eggs must look like overcooked scrambled eggs.. just sayin  UGH

That’s why they suggested egg donation. If you’ve got money, donor eggs and a uterus a post menopausal woman can become pregnant and carry to term. 

A know a woman who’s 51 and decided to have a baby with her 30 something boyfriend (she’s carrying it, they bought the egg from an anonymous donor and it’s his sperm). Just because the woman is having the baby doesn’t mean they are using her gamete. 

Can Laura afford all of this though? I mean it’s not as simple a the cost of medical care during the pregnancy. Maybe she has good health insurance. No clue. 

• Love 1
On 9/23/2019 at 9:25 PM, Drogo said:

So Liam's worried about losing his Bank of Mom Financial Aid.  

Get a job, boy. 

I recently read a message from his father that said, liam is the one working and supporting both of them. That she did not have a job in Florida at all. So she's the mooch.

On 9/25/2019 at 11:36 AM, Mu Shu said:

Nine years isn’t a big age difference once you hit thirties and beyond. If Jenny were 60 and SumBitch was 51, that wouldn’t look odd at all. IMO, a thirty year age gap is too much, especially when the older partners look so worn out, as Jenny and Laura do.  I can’t figure Aladdin out. He’s good looking, has a good personality, he’s employed, and his family seems very nice. Why can’t he get someone closer to his age to have children? Even if he can’t get a good arranged marriage, he’s willing to marry a Western woman. He can easily find a European woman who is much more suitable. 

Me thinks he wants to live in america.

• Love 2
On 9/24/2019 at 12:28 PM, blubld43 said:

Lord have mercy. Can I just say, kudos to you and your husband. I'm 62, and get exhausted just thinking about it. So happy for your family that things are going well.

My daughter's father is 8 years younger than I am. It didn't work out, largely due to the age difference, IMO. I didn't want a mature son!

MEDSED

You are doing God's work. You are giving that child real life. Since neither of the 2 parents can probably say it, thank you.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, antfitz said:

I recently read a message from his father that said, liam is the one working and supporting both of them. That she did not have a job in Florida at all. So she's the mooch.

I saw that too, but it doesn't make sense to me given the major shit-fit Liam threw at the prospect of losing his mom's financial support.  Laura may not have a job, but she must have some income because no way is Liam supporting them both on what he is paid as a non-LPN some kind of nurses' assistant.  Liam's father may be simply bad-mouthing Laura in the course of defending his son.  And was that his biological father or the step-father he considered his father?

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I saw that too, but it doesn't make sense to me given the major shit-fit Liam threw at the prospect of losing his mom's financial support.  Laura may not have a job, but she must have some income because no way is Liam supporting them both on what he is paid as a non-LPN some kind of nurses' assistant.  Liam's father may be simply bad-mouthing Laura in the course of defending his son.  And was that his biological father or the step-father he considered his father?

It's hard to know who to believe because Laura's ex doesnt come off as a completely reputable source and he seems kinda scummy.  

From what I could piece together, Laura was going to help Liam to get his degree and with his increased earnings he'd be able to help her financially.  

Liam is 22 and his mother made him a promise that he relied on.  He is an adult, but she made him a promise and while she is not legally obligated to keep it.....I think she should. 

The cost of education now is so much more prohibitive now than when I was in college.  

I don't know how far in he is, but he may not be able to do community college at this point in his education.  

He isn't asking for money to blow on something dumb, nursing is an excellent field.  I'd be annoyed if i made future plans in reliance on someone's promise and they didn't keep their word.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I'd be annoyed if i made future plans in reliance on someone's promise and they didn't keep their word.  

Especially to chase Tunisian dick.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 10/1/2019 at 1:20 PM, RoxiP said:

It's not common but there are some 50-year old women who have not yet gone through menopause and are still capable of having children.  Perhaps Laura is one of those (we all know Angela is not). 

Is this TMI? I didn't stop having periods until I was 53.

On 10/1/2019 at 10:56 PM, Scarlett45 said:

That’s why they suggested egg donation. If you’ve got money, donor eggs and a uterus a post menopausal woman can become pregnant and carry to term. 

A know a woman who’s 51 and decided to have a baby with her 30 something boyfriend (she’s carrying it, they bought the egg from an anonymous donor and it’s his sperm). Just because the woman is having the baby doesn’t mean they are using her gamete. 

Can Laura afford all of this though? I mean it’s not as simple a the cost of medical care during the pregnancy. Maybe she has good health insurance. No clue. 

That's why this whole storyline is bullshit--Laura has no money. Grangela has no money. You don't just go to the Quick-ee Mart for eggs! None of these fools seem to think that they'll have to pony up some serious money for these complicated medical procedures!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

It's hard to know who to believe because Laura's ex doesnt come off as a completely reputable source and he seems kinda scummy.  

From what I could piece together, Laura was going to help Liam to get his degree and with his increased earnings he'd be able to help her financially.  

Liam is 22 and his mother made him a promise that he relied on.  He is an adult, but she made him a promise and while she is not legally obligated to keep it.....I think she should. 

The cost of education now is so much more prohibitive now than when I was in college.  

I don't know how far in he is, but he may not be able to do community college at this point in his education.  

He isn't asking for money to blow on something dumb, nursing is an excellent field.  I'd be annoyed if i made future plans in reliance on someone's promise and they didn't keep their word.  

I agree with you that if this was the plan he and his mother had agreed on, 1) she ought to keep her end of the bargain--and she should have made it clear to him when she was planning to marry Aladdin that this would not change their deal, and 2) he should have not felt it was appropriate to throw that childish shit-fit when Aladdin told him they were planning to have a baby.  This was an arrangement between him and Mom, not an agreement he had any reason to know Aladdin was aware of, and it was totally wrong in so many ways to make Aladdin the brunt of his incredibly childish reaction.  I hope Liam is able to get whatever degree or certification he is trying to get (and I agree that a career in nursing is an excellent choice) but honest to god seeing his reaction--his blind striking out, his crazy off the wall threats of "drawing the line" when Aladdin has no idea why he's so upset--does not fill me with enthusiasm for his prospects either as a student or as a nurse.

His reaction was not normal.  I think it's perfectly appropriate that he and his mom should make such a plan and agreement, and that he should feel threatened when it seemed like she was letting him down, but his behavior was crazy and counterproductive.  Boy needs to be on medication to level out his mood swings.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Is this TMI? I didn't stop having periods until I was 53.

When it had been one year since my last period, I was 60 years old!

4 hours ago, RealReality said:

My apologies, because I have a terrible time figuring out which forum is which on this franchise and I can't find the source post, but someone brought up the fact that Liam has a younger brother whom Laura is on the hook for support, and the editing of Liam's comments were a little wonky, and could have been cobbled together from Liam talking about supporting that younger brother and not himself.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

My apologies, because I have a terrible time figuring out which forum is which on this franchise and I can't find the source post, but someone brought up the fact that Liam has a younger brother whom Laura is on the hook for support, and the editing of Liam's comments were a little wonky, and could have been cobbled together from Liam talking about supporting that younger brother and not himself.

Someone said that, and I'm not sure.  The part where Liam says that Laura promised to help him and he would help her after graduation sounded continuous to me.  

I'm not an expert though.....however from what I've read in the other thread, Laura's ex comes off as kinda scuzzy so it's hard to take him at his word.

If you rewatch the Aladin/Liam conversation in the sauna, you'll hear both men mention Laura's "other son" before Liam changes tack to "me." Liam's brother didn't agree to be in the show and it was suggested, but not confirmed by Liam at this point, that they were told to only mention Liam and to rephrase the conversation. We know they have done so in the past, so I believe they did so now, too.

Liam had worked as a personal care assistant in an senior group home, became a CNA, and had worked at the same place for six years when this was filmed. When he wanted to move up to an LPN on the path to becoming an RN, Laura said she would assist with some bills so that he could take the classes, because he couldn't do both school and work enough to pay everything, like he had been for the past six years. 

Liam comes across poorly because they have decided to show Laura in a good light, that imo she does not deserve. I know a lot of her trashy behavior is recent and not during the time of filming, but her behaviors are a surprise to no one. The ONLY person in her life she could get to support her on the show was Liam. The man who made the grilled cheese and whose name escapes me at the moment is Liam's friend, not Laura's. 

Liam is coming across poorly but Laura is the piece of shit. He doesn't have the right to tell her she cannot have more children, but does have the right to tell her he is done with her shit if she does. He doesn't owe her support for her continued bad decisions and since they are not showing Laura in all her glory, he looks like a petulant child. Laura's ex isn't a reliable narrator, either. Those two clearly deserved each other. Trash both of them. 

• Love 7
On 10/4/2019 at 3:44 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Sometimes I have to fill out forms at the doctor's office that ask when I had my last period (I'm 72) and I always put 1865.  You have to see if they're paying attention, and I can tell you that they're not.

16 hours ago, RealReality said:

LOL, Laura comes across looking awful so if that was the goal...epic fail.

I spend way too much time thinking about what the dicktestants should have done, and I'm fixated on Laura's sitting alone on the Big Comfy Couch at her wedding.  How wonderful if she had invited some of the little girls who were dancing around to come sit with her!  If she had allowed some of them to wear some of her gold--it would have been fun for them, and for her, and it would have alleviated tension and helped her appear more likable.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 10/4/2019 at 3:44 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Since we are sharing...my last period was when I was 48, had partial hysterectomy...on Valentines Day...p.s. the morphine drip was a wonderful gift.

6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Since we are sharing...my last period was when I was 48, had partial hysterectomy...on Valentines Day...p.s. the morphine drip was a wonderful gift.

My last one was age 46 (had one rogue one 2 years later) - natural no surgeries or trauma.  Didn't miss them a bit!  Only wished the hot flashes had stopped then too🤣  Could you IMAGINE Angela OR Laura with hot flashes?  And we thought Angela was a bitch before.....

• LOL 2
On 10/1/2019 at 7:56 PM, Scarlett45 said:
On 9/30/2019 at 9:59 AM, Boston said:

You can also buy fertilized embryos from couple who didn’t use all of theirs.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, OrchidThief said:

You can also buy fertilized embryos from couple who didn’t use all of theirs.

Yes of course- but Im sure Aladdin is all about passing on his DNA, so I didn’t think he would be open to that idea. He wants to have bio kids, that’s the point of all this talk of kids. Laura has had the whole pregnancy/birth experience already. 

Is it just me or does anyone else get that LIAM IS A FRIGGING BABY and his mother is to blame.. he even admits it.. jesus.. he is in his 30s.. HE NEEDS TO GROW UP (not that I like Laura.. she is another mess and she needs her hair done),, I'm bad.. but really, Liam is like a 12 yr old.. very sick and sad