Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: True Colors

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, A-Lo said:

Does anyone else think Angela is older than 51?  When she was laying on that OB's table and craning her neck to look at the ultrasound all I could focus on was the dry, crinkly skin around her neck.  I'm 7 years older than her and don't have any of that yet.  Maybe she's actually 61?

Smoking will wreak havoc. I'm 3 years younger but she makes me look good for my age.

Bless TLC for zooming in on Cesar's dirty laundry with the sad unopened panty candy boxes. They know how to turn the screws don't they?

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

Smoking will wreak havoc. I'm 3 years younger but she makes me look good for my age.

Bless TLC for zooming in on Cesar's dirty laundry with the sad unopened panty candy boxes. They know how to turn the screws don't they?

There should be a country-western song, "Broken Heart and Chocolate Panties" .

• LOL 14
  • Love 4

Ben, do you see Akini as a woman who has hopes and dreams and wanting to do stuff with her life, and see her as a possible life partner to share your life with as a team? Or do you see her as some sort of trophy, and a cheap babysitter for your son? She has told you that she does not want to be a stepmother. At least not yet.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

all I could focus on was the dry, crinkly skin around her neck

We have a standing joke in our house about "creepy" skin because every other info channel on ATTUverse says crepey skin when you're flipping past channels. This was straight up creepy skin!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Nico Tortorella, Ezra Miller, and Billy Porter often do a mix of masculine feminine in their red carpet. Just because Billy's is everything and Nico's is usually a disaster doesn't mean they aren't trying to do the same thing. And I'll say the same about Tim. He's making these sartorial choices because they appeal to him even though his choices lack the intentionality and manifesto of a Nico, Ezra, or Billy.

Akinyi is a silly drunk, but it didn't annoy me. Ben is a boring scold. He does annoy me. He has a young child. He doesn't know Akinyi well enough to only be having conversations about being a stepmother now. WTF??? He also doesn't know anything about her culture and how substantial her adjustment would be. Akinyi is silly and immature, but Ben is a moron. Akinyi isn't responsible for a child so I'm going to side more with her because Ben thought it was a great idea to bring a foreign stranger into his child's life. Also Ben, don't correct her pronunciation of zebra. Accents are a thing. Please move along.

And Ezra Miller is a GOD.  He is the epitome of a beautiful man. (IMO)

Akiniy is beyond immature.  To me, the combo of immature and drunk is realllly annoying.  Rather than sitting there being annoyed, Ben should get out while he can.

• Love 3

I get a man not being super masculine.  I don't think he is gay but he for a guy who brags how macho he is, he really isn't. 

I'm reminded of the episode of Sex and the City where Charlotte is kind ofdating someone who she suspected might be gay but proved otherwise. There are straight gay men and gay straight men. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, not you again said:

Y'all.  Tiny Tim wears silver sneakers.  I'm from the south like Tim is, and I'm going out on a limb and saying I can't think of one man I grew up with or know now that would wear silver tennis shoes, gay or straight or in-between.  And I grew up in the 70s/early 80s, one of the most tragic fashion periods for both sexes LOL.

AND CARGO CAPRI PANTS!  I do not know one single man - gay or straight - who would wear cargo capri pants.  For someone who seems to fancy himself as quite the Dapper Don, he really has horrific style.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, StrongbyDefault said:

AND CARGO CAPRI PANTS!  I do not know one single man - gay or straight - who would wear cargo capri pants.  For someone who seems to fancy himself as quite the Dapper Don, he really has horrific style.

That's the thing, he was so braggy about how cool etc... he is. He really isn't. 

• Love 8

Why does everyone keep saying Ben wants Akinyi for a babysitter? He’s not given me that impression at all. He looks to be a very hands on father! Acting concerned for Grayson’s well being. He is voicing concerns any parent should of a prospective spouse! Don’t see that as him using her as a babysitter. Where the heck y’all getting that assumption? Because to me Ben is saying his son comes first. That’s the vibe I’m getting from him. Not that he just wants someone to take care of his offspring. 

• Love 11
Just now, Cammi said:

Why does everyone keep saying Ben wants Akinyi for a babysitter? He’s not given me that impression at all. He looks to be a very hands on father! Acting concerned for Grayson’s well being. He is voicing concerns any parent should of a prospective spouse! Don’t see that as him using her as a babysitter. Where the heck y’all getting that assumption? Because to me Ben is saying his son comes first. That’s the vibe I’m getting from him. Not that he just wants someone to take care of his offspring. 

Same here. At least he is putting his son first, unlike so many of these wahoos on this show. 

• Love 6
Just now, not you again said:

Because he said so.  He wondered out loud that Akinyi would not be able to drink/get drunk when she was alone with Grayson because he was only 5.  This is after he said other things to the contrary.

But as a step parent there are times when you are home alone with the child. I remember leaving my son for a few hours to meet my friends for lunch when I had been dating my now husband for about a year. They went to a near by kid's arcade and ordered pizza and had a nice time. My husband didn't get sloppy drunk because he knew the responsibility he had. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, StrongbyDefault said:

I live on Long Island we call them clam diggers!!! LOL

😂😂😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
On 9/28/2019 at 7:19 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

To me, Tim strikes me as a metrosexual who enjoys wearing the latest fashion, manscaping and such.  I can agree with the Prince comparison.

Nah, Prince was extremely sexual. Tim seems borderline asexual.

On 9/28/2019 at 8:47 PM, HunterHunted said:

I personally don't love the term metrosexual because it conflates the idea that guys who put a lot of attention into their wardrobe and appearance are differently sexual and they aren't.

I take the term metrosexual to be a reassurance they are heterosexual.

12 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Akinyi is THIRSTY.  I really wonder about the background of Akinyi and her very religious fam...like, she's making it sound that her relationships with men had sex components.  In person, I'm sure she was annoying AF, but Akinyi going in about cookie jars and partying like a rockstar on 1/4 of a marg makes her very entertaining.

I'm so grossed and weirded out by Akinyi. She's like some scary, deadpan, humorless, monotone sociopath, eyes askance and half closed. WTF is the appeal? She's just downright creepy. As if under a spell. 

2 hours ago, Cammi said:

Can not stand the slouching at a tables this episode! Akinyi was practically laying her head in her plate!

She and Omar need the Posturific Brace (TM)!

1 hour ago, Lady Iris said:

Does Angela have insurance that covers out of the country emergency fertility evaluation?

Does she even have insurance that would cover it in the US??? Isn't she strapped for money? Why is she even entertaining this? Why would she think there is even a remote possibility, now in menopause, that she would be able to carry a baby to term? This is so gross and ridiculous.

29 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Tim was in a snit because because he has finally realized that he and Jenifffffer are not the least bit compatible and she would likely throw his inability to perform in his face until the end of time.

So he couldn't get it up? He made it sound like he just wasn't in the mood to even try (and Jeniffer didn't say otherwise). And they seemed in good moods when they woke up...coffee?..fruit?...sure, honey....

• Love 2

Akinyi was planning for a week of sex at Ben's loveshack airbnb, but upon hearing that that is a NO, said something about "what a great week this will be  (/s)."  Then proceeds to get drunk as soon as she can...and that after the first third of her margarita.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

But as a step parent there are times when you are home alone with the child. I remember leaving my son for a few hours to meet my friends for lunch when I had been dating my now husband for about a year. They went to a near by kid's arcade and ordered pizza and had a nice time. My husband didn't get sloppy drunk because he knew the responsibility he had. 

Right bc 1) Ben is not thinking of leaving Grayson w/ her for only a few hours at lunch. And 2) Akinyi does not want the responsibility.

10 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Nah, Prince was extremely sexual. Tim seems borderline asexual.

I take the term metrosexual to be a reassurance they are heterosexual.

I'm so grossed and weirded out by Akinyi. She's like some scary, deadpan, humorless, monotone sociopath, eyes askance and half closed. WTF is the appeal? She's just downright creepy. As if under a spell. 

So he couldn't get it up? He made it sound like he just wasn't in the mood to even try (and Jeniffer didn't say otherwise). And they seemed in good moods when they woke up...coffee?..fruit?...sure, honey....

Prince totally oozed sex.... there are also gay men that totally ooze sex for this straight woman. Tim doesn't ooze anything. Maybe they were in good moods because they tried something else? Or at least she was??? 

Akinyi was kind of like if she couldn't have sex she was going to get drunk! She is an odd duck. 

4 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

Tom - Why do you think I don't love you?

Darcy (really her own view) - slurs out...because I'm not good enough for you....

Weird scene and a disaster of a trip.

Tom-- no, because you are annoying AF. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Cammi said:

Can not stand the slouching at a tables this episode! Akinyi was practically laying her head in her plate! Drunk or not it pained me to watch. She wasn’t sitting up straight before the drink arrived. I would’ve ended my date immediately, she was insufferable. Dunno why Ben is getting so much hate. He’s a straight laced Christian dude. She talks like she is 12 yrs old and she’s not all that attractive. Sorry, not sorry.  Everyone is saying that he’s being controlling over on Reddit (had to have my forum fix and this episode’s thread was closed), but I don’t blame the guy for not wanting her to drink! He’s probably scared her family will beat his ass senseless if they find out she was drunk. I haven’t seen much in the way of a wonderful personality from her either. Go home Ben  

Avery, SIT UP STRAIGHT! Why are you slouching at the table? Got on my last nerve. When she said something to the effect of “I don't like to be quiet”, it was shades of Nicole’s “I’m not a sit and listen kinda girl” to Azan. Yeah, let’s marry a strict Muslim just to get to wear the pretty head scarves 🙄 Dumb kid. Wants to dance in the streets? Okaaaay.... sounds exactly like what I picture strict Muslims doing. I don’t have enough eye rolls for this kid. 

I said it before and I’ll say it again, Tim is pulling a Ricky. 

Rebecca, I once knew a girl who bought her own engagement ring. Her name is Cheryl and she is from Texas, and she met an inmate online from Colorado named Josh. He robs banks. Oh wait.... wrong show. 

There was a story that made the rounds in my family a hundred years ago, having to do with my grandparents.  Grandpa gave grandma a new watch for her birthday one year.  As he gave it to her, he instructed her to give the man that was collecting the cost a dollar from her household budget every week.

21 minutes ago, not you again said:

Because he said so.  He wondered out loud that Akinyi would not be able to drink/get drunk when she was alone with Grayson because he was only 5.  This is after he said other things to the contrary.

That’s a stepparent’s role, obviously they’re times they’ll be alone with the kids. Which she clearly isn’t mature enough to be a parent in any capacity given her child like demeanor, and she expresses no desire to become one. Ben should listen to her, but doesn’t mean he’s just looking for a sitter. 

• Love 7

Re:  Darcey and Stacey and their royally fucked up one-upmanship: 

When they had to stop or pull over The Albanian Puke-Mobile because Darcey's feet were suddenly swelling up and it was a full on 911 Panic! moment, did anyone else get a good laugh at the sheer horror in Darcey's voice when Stacey suggested that maybe their was a little shop in town that sold flip flops.  And you hear Darcey exclaim, "FLIP FLOPS??" 😲 as if Stacey just suggested the most horrific horror that ever was.  I'm still chuckling at that.  Push those buttons, Stacey. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, calpurnia99 said:

When I saw the previews "stop being so mean to your sister" I thought Tom was talking to Stacy. She was saying so many passive aggressive things like "just relax and wish for it" and all kinds of dumb things to upset Darcy. She's a real piece of work.  She lives to stir the pot and then says "Oh as usual you're blaming ME!"

That exchange really made me angry.  Stacy was being a mean girl, yet Darcey was the one being called on the carpet.  Tom and Stacy seem to be going out of their way to hurt Darcy's feelings and make her look ridiculous.  I don't find it entertaining. Enough already!

"I don't trust Zied. I believe he is using me."  That is rich coming from a married woman who is currently on a television show where the premise is to get engaged to a foreigner and then have him/her move to the U.S.  Rebecca knows damn well she is not in a position to sponsor another man from the Middle East any time in the near future.  It's almost as if she wants a do-over with Zied in the place of her 23 year old soon to be ex-husband. 

• Love 14
38 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Prince, like David Bowie, proved that stereotypical masculinity is not the only way men can be sexy.  I was hot for both of them, and, come to think of it, Mick Jagger kind of falls into that category, too.  I think Prince was one of the sexiest men alive, and he was small, wore high heels, often sang in falsetto, wore heavy makeup--you name the female stereotype, and he not only matched it but went way overboard.  So much for "masculinity" equaling "sexy."  So please don't compare asexual yet primped-up Tim to Prince, who was a Sex God.

I'm serious about this.  NO MORE TIM AS PRINCE.  I mean it.  Don't make me come over there.

Hell even Lil Sweet in the Dr Pepper ads is loads more sexier than Tiny Tim

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

That exchange really made me angry.  Stacy was being a mean girl, yet Darcey was the one being called on the carpet.  Tom and Stacy seem to be going out of their way to hurt Darcy's feelings and make her look ridiculous.  I don't find it entertaining. Enough already!

I feel like there had to have been some major dialogue edited out bc there is no way that Darcey was the one being mean there. We must have missed some things.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Re:  Darcey and Stacey and their royally fucked up one-upmanship: 

When they had to stop or pull over The Albanian Puke-Mobile because Darcey's feet were suddenly swelling up and it was a full on 911 Panic! moment, did anyone else get a good laugh at the sheer horror in Darcey's voice when Stacey suggested that maybe their was a little shop in town that sold flip flops.  And you hear Darcey exclaim, "FLIP FLOPS??" 😲 as if Stacey just suggested the most horrific horror that ever was.  I'm still chuckling at that.  Push those buttons, Stacey. 

I totally missed that. Hilarious!

51 minutes ago, not you again said:

I am in the same camp as you - love me some Prince, David Bowie, and Mick.  And I feel like there's another gender-bending famous guy out there I swoon over, but it slips my mind atm.

Michael Hutchence of INXS?

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

And she's specifically told him that she doesn't want that responsibility. She doesn't want to be a mother or a stepmother to his kid. So why is he pearl clutching over a hypothetical situation where-in he ignores the fact that she doesn't want that responsibility and throws it on her anyway, during which time she might - GASP - drink alcohol! She's of legal age and maybe she's an irresponsible drunk, but guess what? It's not her job to be responsible for a kid that she's made it clear she doesn't want to be responsible for.  It's like, if you have an inside cat and your roommate tells you that she might play with your cat but that she's not up to feeding it or cleaning it's litterbox because, you know, it's NOT HER CAT. And then you worry about her letting the cat out accidentally when you're not there.  Make other arrangements if you don't think she can handle it cause NOT HER CAT.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Wow, I just realized while watching the episode how many of these couples (or singles in Cesar's case) I just don't care about and yet we're wasting precious multiple minutes having to watch them (or fast forward them) to get to the stories that are more interesting.

It was interesting to me to watch Avery now respond to Omar the way she did her mother.  She's baiting him for an argument just as she did her mother.  Whatever her motives for converting to Islam (and I hope they were sincere), she is using her new religion as a way to get attention.  Her mom left so now she's seeking attention via "shocking" her new husband.  She has mentioned several times that she wants to honor the culture, yet she has stated that she won't follow the culture in terms of her words and actions.  I think she's still "play-acting."  Even if Omar's end goal is getting to the U.S., Avery is going to make him pay for that just as Angela, Rebecca, and countless others do.

I am so over Cesar.  Of course he's trying to keep his story line going as he stated that he and Maria were on a "break."  Yea, no.  She clearly said it's over, good-bye and he interprets that as we're on a break.  Please, TLC, drop him as his story is clearly over.

I couldn't even look at the t.v. while Angela and Michael were at the clinic viewing her uterus.  Oh, and it's been 7 months since her last period?  Yep, I laughed for about 5 minutes over that one... STOP!  I don't want to know this much about her!

Rebecca is looking for a reason to break up with Zied as she's married and knows she can't bring him to the U.S., so wants it to be "his fault" that their epic love story will soon be ending...

Darcey reminds me of the song Copacabana by Barry Manilow.  "Her name is Lola..." Darcey is just moments away from just hanging out in bars reliving her youth.  She is all show and when her mask starts slipping we get to watch the real Darcey.  I could not take my eyes off of her "top" as I just felt it was a disaster waiting to happen.  No idea how she kept that from slipping down.  I think Florian and Tom make the best couple out of these four.  They seem most relaxed with each other and not the loves of their lives.

And, I agree with others, there is far more to Akinyi's story than we've been shown.  Ben thought he found his soul mate and yet doesn't know how she acts/behaves on her own at all.  

Nothing to say about Tim, except that I would have loved to see those birds...

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

Either Omar is very shy, or he really isn't in to her. He does not seem like a man in love. 

Well, if we are to believe he had not as much as kissed anyone before yesterday's episode, he might be shell shocked. Poor guy. I cannot even imagine all the conflicting thoughts and emotions.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Well, if we are to believe he had not as much as kissed anyone a girl before yesterday's episode, he might be shell shocked. Poor guy. I cannot even imagine all the conflicting thoughts and emotions.

FTFY, that's what he actually said.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I couldn't even look at the t.v. while Angela and Michael were at the clinic viewing her uterus.  Oh, and it's been 7 months since her last period?  Yep, I laughed for about 5 minutes over that one... STOP!  I don't want to know this much about her!

OMG yes. Ewww.

But also found it so odd that there would even be a fertility clinic for them to visit in the same area where it looks like people live in sheds and and cars get pirated right off the street in plain view. And then we walk in and it's state of the art 3D ultrasound technology and all the modern conveniences you'd find in any US hospital or dr's office. Surprising to see the two realities juxtaposed so.

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I could be very wrong but I think that is a culture where such things are discussed between the husband and wife only.

Actually I think it's a culture where it is not discussed at all. It's how/when/where the husband wants it and that's it. So I do agree he was embarrassed and probably very pissed off , too. So far, Avery can do nothing right. 

• Love 5

Rebecca and Zied - both of you are lying to each other and using each other. Why lead him on to try to get married to him for whatever reason - what do you love about him - he is caring, he is loving, his sense of humour, he makes you see the world a different way, he makes you feel amazing about yourself, he is compassionate, articulate, educated, he makes you laugh, etc. You are still married and are in no real position, financial or otherwise, to sponsor him to move to the US. He doesn't seem to have any sort of job, doesn't seem to do much all day (and not just as a short term thing as he is between jobs), he can't drive a rental car, you seem to be paying most of the bills, he is fishing through your wallet for some money (to buy you an engagement ring out of your own pocket). There is a bit of a language barrier, his parents/family do not like your tattoos and probably the age difference. You may be a ticket to a land of opportunity for him and that's about it. He's unlikely to stick around for very long after he gets to the US. Both of you will tire of the other.

Ben and Akini - the Airbnb seems quaint and charming. At least Ben has his own space now. Which he should have had from the get-go and not go through the hoops of getting the brother's approval. I would have left the brother's home. Yeah, sure, stay in the hotel you booked for a couple of nights and then stayed with the brother. Does Ben see Akini as an actual wife and partner? Is she there to look after his kid? Will Ben allow her to work?  Maybe Akini wants a husband - someone to have fun with, travel with, etc.  for a few years - not to be tied down to an instant family.  She bluntly told him that she does not want to be a parent or step-parent at this time.

Ben could have made the dinner date to be alcohol free. He didn't like the tipsy Akini. She also seemed a bit more aggressive with him - talking about the forbidden fruit, etc. How does that measure up for him? She could enjoy being a modern woman or she could claim goodness knows what to her family. Ben would need to actually introduce her to his son to see if they hit it off.  These are not the Brady Bunch days when blending families was easy and on TV. Enjoy your last few days in Kenya, and find someone else who wants to be in yours and your child's life.

Angela and Michael - round whatever of the arguing and whatever. Who is paying for that visit to the fertility clinic? Michael will either have to find a sidepiece or be childless for a bit. Til he gets to the US, gets his Green Card, serves his sentence with Big Ange, wait for the relationship to implode just in time to get his paperwork, and move on to a more suitable relationship. He is putting far too much time and energy into this and put up with more than enough of her abuse. There has to be some payoff for him. Anyone else would have cut their loss.

Tim and Jeniffer - what a mismatch. I get Tim being a metrosexual. He has no connection with his spicy Latina love interest. No physical attraction, no trying anything, no nothing. Any sort of intimacy shown seemed like a soap opera where the two actors have only met for the first time. Say goodbye to Jeniffer and find someone who will put up with you.

Caesar - Et tu, Maria? Go home, and do not save up money to go to the Ukraine to try to find her. You can probably use a search engine to do a search on the photo of her and maybe find out who she truly is. The photo may be bogus and could be one of some unsuspecting woman. Are you going to be returning the candy underwear? Granted, he paid for it. Maybe it'll make a few nice dinners or snacks.

Avery and Omar - Avery, you really had no idea what you were getting in to, right? You may be infatuated with the idea of having an international romance, but you have zero idea who Omar really is. Now that you are 'married', you may see a very different side of him. Does he love you? Does he show affection to you? Respect you? Treat you like his property? Granted, if you go back home you won't have to see him for several months to a couple of years, and he can very easily come up with a new profile to find a different wife - your marriage is not legal, so he can vanish, create a new identity, etc. Avery wants attention and as a slightly more mature man, you should have seen that, Omar. Once you get to the US, she will make you pay dearly for marrying her.  Your inexperience with women will get the better of you. Find some American TV, watch some soap operas.

Darcey and Tom - egads. Darcey, do buy some flip flops or some nice chic pool slide type shoes. Most of the major designers make them and you can get some great deals on them at the end of the season. Or spring for some Adidas or Nike ones.  Travelling can make your feet swell.

I don't know what your sister's relationship is like with her 'fiance'. No talk of a wedding or anything - just being 'engaged'. My cousin was 'engaged' for well over 15 years before she married the dude - probably around the 19th anniversary of the engagement. She didn't want life in the country/life in a small town, but no one else came around.

Both you and your twin compete with each other in almost everything. Move away from each other - maybe move to a different coast and experience life on your own and without the constant gaslighting and one-upmanship. You don't have to be engaged just because she is. Not like her fiancé is fantastic and that she has a great life. She is in the US and he is in Albania and they do not have to see each other all the time. It's great!

You are pressuring poor Tom to get you down the aisle - to what? You don't seem to talk about much, don't seem to have any sort of friendship. If you marry him, it may last 2 years max.

The bar/club scene was too much. Too much Darcey hanging out of her top that was four sizes too small. Vulgar, classless. Think sophisticated. Your shoes were expensive and you cheapened them with that clubwear you had on. Too many shooters after too much wine and you became a very unpleasant drunk. And spilled your issues - you are not good enough for Tom. How would he know? He hasn't seen the real you except for this and the constant competition with your mean girl sister. Not many people would stick around if they were subjected to this nonsense regularly. Spend some time on your own, develop a good relationship with yourself, and Tom, or whoever, will come in to your life.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Tom and Stacy seem to be going out of their way to hurt Darcy's feelings and make her look ridiculous. 

I don't know about her feelings but nobody has to go out of their way to make her look ridiculous. She's taking care of that just fine by herself.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
45 minutes ago, shockermolar said:

And she's specifically told him that she doesn't want that responsibility. She doesn't want to be a mother or a stepmother to his kid. So why is he pearl clutching over a hypothetical situation where-in he ignores the fact that she doesn't want that responsibility and throws it on her anyway, during which time she might - GASP - drink alcohol! She's of legal age and maybe she's an irresponsible drunk, but guess what? It's not her job to be responsible for a kid that she's made it clear she doesn't want to be responsible for.  It's like, if you have an inside cat and your roommate tells you that she might play with your cat but that she's not up to feeding it or cleaning it's litterbox because, you know, it's NOT HER CAT. And then you worry about her letting the cat out accidentally when you're not there.  Make other arrangements if you don't think she can handle it cause NOT HER CAT.

Ben's leap from Akinyi having a cocktail while out to dinner with her boyfriend, to guzzling booze during the day while watching a child, was certainly a head scratcher. I enjoy a drink too, but I don't pound margaritas on the regular. Ben seems convinced that she's a drunk. He's a prig.

43 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

TBH, I've never heard of a man stopping sex because he was 'too much in his head.' What does this even mean? Does he have issues down there? Is he as had I earlier, and jokingly implied smooth down there like a Ken doll?   Inquiring minds want to know! Furthermore, his attitude up on the mountain was outrageous. I would have pushed him over. He complained about everything...the heat, the the stairs, the height. That would be it for me. Good bye, Gringo!

Tim couldn't get it up. The end.

• Love 22

This is what I see when I see Tim:

Beavis-1.png.7f5a0ccfc49432b3198fb6a224241fb2.png

Also I suspect the producers paid for Darcey and Tom to go to Albania instead of them going to the other Grand whatever place (which Tom was going to pay for) because they knew damn well we would get this drama-filled, snark-worthy fare when Darcey and Stacey interacted. 

Edited by GoGamecox
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Ben's leap from Akinyi having a cocktail while out to dinner with her boyfriend, to guzzling booze during the day while watching a child, was certainly a head scratcher. I enjoy a drink too, but I don't pound margaritas on the regular. Ben seems convinced that she's a drunk. He's a prig.

Tim couldn't get it up. The end.

I think Ben had a certain image in his mind of Akinyi one which she might have perpetuated. She might have said she never drinks and this is a surprise to him. She did seem to be really into the drink. 

• Love 5

When Cesar said he and Maria were on a break and he was going to save his money to go visit her, I said if Maria exists she better look into getting a restraining order because Cesar is batshit nuts.

PS. I don’t really believe his storyline because no one is that clueless but I am going with the narrative tlc is giving us.

Edited by lasandi
  • Love 10

I’ve come to the conclusion, after watching this show, that these Americans are just ignorant idiots.   Probably why they look outside of the US for a spouse.  

Darcy is a mess and she appeared to be intoxicated on the show.  

Note to Stacey:  If there is no ring and a date, then you are not engaged.   Sure, you wear a ring.  But I’m not talking a fake diamond ring, most likely bought by you.  I mean a real diamond ring purchased by your fiancée.  

So....you are dating, and I use dating loosely, a young guy from Albania for show.   He’s not some model as you would like us to believe.  Who is paying your airfare to  Albania?  You?  Why isn’t he visiting you?  Why?  Because he’s using you and prefers you live in the US.  

Darcy, if Tom was that into you then he would have come to the US to visit you first. Let the guys come to you, not the other way around. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

I have to say I was perplexed with Mykull and Angela just going to a fertility clinic in Nigeria. Here in the good old US, you'd probably wait a good several weeks to get an appointment. Does Angela have insurance that covers out of the country emergency fertility evaluation?

I'm guessing TLC paid for it for the storyline. I have to say, I loved the fertility doctor. She would fill me with confidence if I had to be treated by her and I LOL'd when she said "I can see one HEGG!"

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

I have to say I was perplexed with Mykull and Angela just going to a fertility clinic in Nigeria. Here in the good old US, you'd probably wait a good several weeks to get an appointment. Does Angela have insurance that covers out of the country emergency fertility evaluation?

Isn't she like a CNA? She is probably pulling down like $10-$14 an hour, does Mykull understand the kind of lifestyle she has in the US? I think he is under the impression that she is a woman of at least some means when she clearly is not. She might not even get healthcare from her workplace much less insurance that covers IVF.

Furthermore, does Mykull even know if he can have children? Many men suffer from infertility. I guess it is kind of minor when it comes to their trainwreck of a relationship, but say he is infertile, then what? Maybe he should consider the fact that he might not be able to have biological children before he makes having a biological child his raison d'etre.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

I don't know about her feelings but nobody has to go out of their way to make her look ridiculous. She's taking care of that just fine by herself.

Darcey's horrible sister is gaslighting the hell out of her.  Clearly, she knows exactly which buttons to push.  I don't know why she keeps allowing herself to be humiliated on national television.  First it was that a-hole Jessie and now this wanker.  She needs to find a nice, boring age-appropriate local guy with a 401K and a pension and leave these Eurotrash alone. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Darcey's horrible sister is gaslighting the hell out of her.  Clearly, she knows exactly which buttons to push.  I don't know why she keeps allowing herself to be humiliated on national television.  First it was that a-hole Jessie and now this wanker.  She needs to find a nice, boring age-appropriate local guy with a 401K and a pension and leave these Eurotrash alone. 

Its odd but they seem to get along quite nicely in Pillow Talk. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6