Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: True Colors

• Start Topic

On 10/2/2019 at 7:24 AM, doyouevengohere said:

I just watching this whole mess yesterday; me so late- I hate so late so much!

Tom and Darcy- Darcy is a mess.  Everytime she says Grand Canary I imagine a huge yellow bird swooping in and picking tiny Darcy up in it's beak and then flying away.  Tom is feeling duped and uncomfortable and pressured.  I'm glad he was mean to her.

the broke American dork and Bikini-  the church elders seemed nice; nicer than her family.  I think Bikini is just looking for a way out of whatever controlling situation is going on in her family and can't wait to get to america to booze it up, smoke, and dress like a hooker.

Avery- Um, that cape.  Also, she's a brat.  I can't fault her mom for being a rude concerned; I'm sure Avery explained nothing to her so that she could have something to be mad about when Teri is uncomfortable and says stuff.  Also telling her mom about Syria was such a brat move.  Omar seemed really in awe of her during the whole get to the wedding ordeal; like he truly loves her.  Let's see how much he loves her when the brat comes out in Syria.  It was like an episode of Where in the world is Carmen Sandeigo where a villian has stole the Muslim wedding and they have an hour to hunt down the culprit and get it back.

I saw a little of that when they were sitting outside at the table. Her talking about being loud and dancing in the street. The defiance in her voice and on her face when he said not to do that. Seems she got him to marry then going to test him to see if he will put up with her. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Chippings said:

Not even an indication of what the title is, or the highlights of the stories?  Very odd.  It's kind of hard to wait all the way til Sunday.  

Maybe it’s two hours of Nonstop drama.. they’ve got to start wrapping up some of these storylines. There is too much stuff leaking onto social media to keep it a surprise. 
 If the next season has as many bogus story lines and fame seeker couples, I’m done. I don’t want to watch idiots like Deavan and Jihoon, Jenny and Sumit and Corey and the Evil one. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Chippings said:

Not even an indication of what the title is, or the highlights of the stories?  Very odd.  It's kind of hard to wait all the way til Sunday.  

According to my guide, the title is "Treat Me Right" but the only thing it says about the episode is something about Benjamin and the Bride Price Ceremony. (Snooze...) Come to think of it, have we seen commercials for the next episode or just for "The Other Way"? 

8 minutes ago, magemaud said:

According to my guide, the title is "Treat Me Right" but the only thing it says about the episode is something about Benjamin and the Bride Price Ceremony. (Snooze...) Come to think of it, have we seen commercials for the next episode or just for "The Other Way"? 

Just the previews of Ben sniveling on the phone with his female friend, and Tim and Jeniffer. 

• LOL 1
On 10/2/2019 at 8:05 AM, calpurnia99 said:

I got my tubes tied so my totin days are over. Oh, maybe I could still tote? The thing is I toted  3 times and I always got this awful rib pain. I am very short waisted and it makes totin' hard. The totin' would start off okay but by the time I hit 31 weeks, I felt like I pulled a rib. I had excruciating burning pain all the way around the totin area. I do live in Georgia like Angela so I think we have a large population of potential egg toters here. Just don't ask me to tote for you Angie!

You can tote for sure. What it is, is they yank the egg from another lady and then shove her egg up your puppy bag which should tote an egg just fine. Just don’t drink/smoke and tote. I bet you could tote Big Ang’s sole mutant egg, but birthin’ that young ‘un may present a problem, unless you’re built like a linebacker.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

I have to say (and I know I am the minority) but there is something about Sumit that is cute.. but he is still a SOB liar...sad.. hope it's all for tv.. although Jenny must be one good actress.. am I on the wrong thread?

• Love 2
On 10/3/2019 at 6:31 PM, iwasish said:

Maybe it’s two hours of Nonstop drama.. they’ve got to start wrapping up some of these storylines. There is too much stuff leaking onto social media to keep it a surprise. 
 If the next season has as many bogus story lines and fame seeker couples, I’m done. I don’t want to watch idiots like Deavan and Jihoon, Jenny and Sumit and Corey and the Evil one. 

Can you point me in the direction of the leaked info? I have lost patience with this show and would love to read spoilers.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Boston said:

I have to say (and I know I am the minority) but there is something about Sumit that is cute.. but he is still a SOB liar...sad.. hope it's all for tv.. although Jenny must be one good actress.. am I on the wrong thread?

I have given up on keeping these shows straight. However, I am with you on Sumit being cute. He dresses well and has nice features. If he got his teeth fixed, he’d be  even cuter. Remember how he excitedly explained that Jenny was the first person to ever say he was “adorable”?

• Love 2
On 9/18/2019 at 6:21 PM, libgirl2 said:

Ceasar is either an idiot or a failed actor. What a mess. 

He is both. Can the producers pleeeeeeeease send in Nev from catfish to go with him to Ukraine. Hell if I was a producer I wouldn't be able to refrain from telling him he's being scammed and please can we all go home and film something more interesting. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 9/23/2019 at 9:26 AM, Barbara Please said:

Mophead passively aggressively dangled the, ‘if we went to the  Canary Islands I would be proposing to you.’  

I know, right!? ....also when they were in the restaurant waiting for Farcey's clone and he told them "We've only been waiting 9 hours" when they'd actually been waiting ??45 minutes? 1 hour?? - i find him very passive aggressive, and the comment about "I would have proposed if we'd gone to gran canaria so you ruined your chance" was just cruel to the point of being abusive. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Squishy Tomato said:

I know, right!? ....also when they were in the restaurant waiting for Farcey's clone and he told them "We've only been waiting 9 hours" when they'd actually been waiting ??45 minutes? 1 hour?? - i find him very passive aggressive, and the comment about "I would have proposed if we'd gone to gran canaria so you ruined your chance" was just cruel to the point of being abusive. 

In real life, I would normally agree with the bolded comment. But this is production shenanigans. He is reading a script they gave him. 

• Love 3
On 10/5/2019 at 5:08 PM, Boston said:

What I find fascinating about Sumit is my hunch that he is the actor and watched too many American movies to learn English . He has a little bit of an American accent like he has watched too many John Wayne movies. Or Elvis. Or possibly the way he says Jenny, Forrest Gump. Sumit thinks he is going to get a motion picture blockbuster ending to marriage prob just because he is on American camera. 

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

What I find fascinating about Sumit is my hunch that he is the actor and watched too many American movies to learn English . He has a little bit of an American accent like he has watched too many John Wayne movies. Or Elvis. Or possibly the way he says Jenny, Forrest Gump. Sumit thinks he is going to get a motion picture blockbuster ending to marriage prob just because he is on American camera. 

Yes, he sounds like he learned English in the South.  I had a Swedish doctor in the US who had gone to medical school at Tulane, so his Swedish lilt had a Louisiana accent even decades later!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Squishy Tomato said:

i find him very passive aggressive, and the comment about "I would have proposed if we'd gone to gran canaria so you ruined your chance" was just cruel to the point of being abusive. 

I am a mean girl and am still somewhat embarrassed I enjoyed that. Tom turned into the boy picking wings off flies there for a minute, but oh, she deserved it at least a little.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, OrchidThief said:

I am a mean girl and am still somewhat embarrassed I enjoyed that. Tom turned into the boy picking wings off flies there for a minute, but oh, she deserved it at least a little.

I was kinda surprised she fell for it.  It seemed pretty obvious that he was just bullshitting her because absolutely nothing else about him even slightly suggests that he wants to marry her right now. 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I was kinda surprised she fell for it.  It seemed pretty obvious that he was just bullshitting her because absolutely nothing else about him even slightly suggests that he wants to marry her right now. 

She's so phenomenally desperate to cling to any glimmer of hope that she'll finally get to call someone her "fiance" that she's blind to any and all signs that would indicate that might not happen.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Squishy Tomato said:

He is both. Can the producers pleeeeeeeease send in Nev from catfish to go with him to Ukraine. Hell if I was a producer I wouldn't be able to refrain from telling him he's being scammed and please can we all go home and film something more interesting. 

Ok, let's say that Caesar actually buys a ticket to the Ukraine and gets on that plane...does he even have her home address?  Seriously, if they have never face timed together you know this Maria person certainly did not give her address to him.  

Do we want to picture Caesar walking the streets of what ever city in the Ukraine screaming "Maria" like Stanley calling "Stella?"  I sort of do.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

Yes, he sounds like he learned English in the South.  I had a Swedish doctor in the US who had gone to medical school at Tulane, so his Swedish lilt had a Louisiana accent even decades later!

Exactly!!!  I am hearing John Wayne, Elvis and Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump lol 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Ok, let's say that Caesar actually buys a ticket to the Ukraine and gets on that plane...does he even have her home address?  Seriously, if they have never face timed together you know this Maria person certainly did not give her address to him.  

Do we want to picture Caesar walking the streets of what ever city in the Ukraine screaming "Maria" like Stanley calling "Stella?"  I sort of do.

Yes, and going around to random people flashing the pictures of "Maria" on his phone and asking "Have you seen this woman?" as he explains his plight of trying to find his internet "love" of the past five years.  Damn, I'd watch that shit like it was my job  😄  

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Yes, and going around to random people flashing the pictures of "Maria" on his phone and asking "Have you seen this woman?" as he explains his plight of trying to find his internet "love" of the past five years.  Damn, I'd watch that shit like it was my job  😄  

I was wondering if he even knew what town she lives in, but then if he sent her money, he should. Then again, where he sent the money might not be where she actually lives (if she exists). Would he then wander the entire country?  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

But she's told him over and over that she's in love with him!  What more could he possibly expect?  Her goddam heart is open--any more and she's going to need surgery.

Do these twins believe that they are so desirable that it's their choice only?  That once they confer the longed-for "I love you" any man on earth can't help himself?  Well, Darcey does display her assets, and she's had her war paint and false hair on, so clearly she's available and open for business (look at her heart, fool). 

She could be in the Monty Python sketch "Confuse the Cat."  Tom is being despicably cruel to her--continuing the cat analogy, he's twitching the string, and just when she's about to pounce, he jerks it away.  And I love it.  I hope he's getting a bonus from TLC.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I was wondering if he even knew what town she lives in, but then if he sent her money, he should. Then again, where he sent the money might not be where she actually lives (if she exists). Would he then wander the entire country?  

Do you suppose they have Western Union over there, where "she" could just pick up the cash using a code word?  

Code word:  "Chocolatepanties" or "Candypouch" 😄 

• LOL 7
28 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

Perhaps Cesar needs to buy a plane ticket to Nigeria instead.

Ceasar needs to save up his money for a brain.  

Real talk though - plenty of poor desperate women in eastern Europe.  Ceasar should be going on one of those "trips" similarly situated* Western men go on

* - broke, unattractive, with some incomprehensible superiority complex that makes them think that they should be landing a woman 1/2 their age and size.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Do you suppose they have Western Union over there, where "she" could just pick up the cash using a code word?  

Code word:  "Chocolatepanties" or "Candypouch" 😄 

We definitely saw him Western Unioning cash to her! I think it was when he thought she would use the money to buy her own ticket to Cancun, and then she turned around and yelled at him for not realizing she would need that money to pay for her teeth to be fixed. I was really hoping they would go into more detail about what needed to happen to Maria’s teeth in order for them to be Cancun-ready.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 9/23/2019 at 7:20 PM, islandgal140 said:

Florian was out there catfishing too

mqkpee94gin31.jpg

I'm looking at these photos and trying to understand how/why one is a mirror image of the other? (Check the thing above his eyebrow)

ETA: I just read on page 4 that the one on the left would be a selfie (gives the mirror image). I only watched this episode 2 days ago (on YouTube!) and working through the comments gradually.

I don't find Florian bad looking (compare e.g. sumit, ben, caesar) and tbh most male models are not "all that".

Edited by Squishy Tomato
Saw the answer to my question after reading more posts
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Perhaps Cesar needs to buy a plane ticket to Nigeria instead.

He doesn't like Black women as his hastily scrubbed social media used to attest to the many "deficits of Black women." His Instagram used to be Vanilla Cream Lover.

He needs to find a European country where there are poor white women like...Ukraine...oh well...ummmm maybe Moldova or Albania.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 10/11/2019 at 4:43 AM, Squishy Tomato said:

Let Ceasar go to Ukraine and find her.  She’s probably sitting a room full of scammers with a phone and clipboard on the wall with sayings such as “Baby, I love u so much”,   “ Baby, I can’t wait to see you, pls send $500 as I need money for doctor” or something like that.  They all are a bunch of scammers, and can he be that stupid?

• Love 8
On 9/24/2019 at 5:33 PM, BallisticNikki said:

But do you think it was real throw up? Feels like a disproportionate #of ppl throw up on these shows. And it happened so fast. No vomit on his clothes.

I apologise for TMI but as someone who has shouted "stop the car" in order to puke by the roadside, i didn't get anything on my clothes..(i had a virus, not carsick). I thought we heard some pretty realistic retching noises as he was on his way out of the vehicle. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 10/12/2019 at 12:05 AM, Squishy Tomato said:

ETA: I just read on page 4 that the one on the left would be a selfie (gives the mirror image).

Could be true, although my iPhoneX corrects that and flips the image. And though unlikely, it could be a slide reproduced from the back.

That whining of Akinyi's -- like a petulant toddler -- will get old fast, Ben. Either she's spoiled rotten by her parents, is developmentally disabled, or the family has some elaborate scam. I would think it easy to do the non-legally-binding "bride price, now you're married," thing, he flies home, and she is never heard from again. They could easily knock out one or more of those a month.

• Love 5
On 10/12/2019 at 3:05 AM, Squishy Tomato said:

I'm looking at these photos and trying to understand how/why one is a mirror image of the other? (Check the thing above his eyebrow)

ETA: I just read on page 4 that the one on the left would be a selfie (gives the mirror image). I only watched this episode 2 days ago (on YouTube!) and working through the comments gradually.

I don't find Florian bad looking (compare e.g. sumit, ben, caesar) and tbh most male models are not "all that".

He looks like Boo Radley. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Squishy Tomato said:

I thought we heard some pretty realistic retching noises as he was on his way out of the vehicle.

I carpool for work often, and ordered barf bags on Amazon so we're never up barf creek without a paddle. In the glove compartment, barfbag organizer.

3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Ben tells Akinyi she’s amazing.  Can someone tell me why?  There’s no personality there.

She has what a certain "woke" crowd calls a "front hole." Second time he's seen one.

1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Imagine looking at a transparent slide backwards, through the opposite side. Everything is on the other side. That's what a selfie does.

47 minutes ago, OrchidThief said:

Not sure what "out of the blow" and "cteated" mean. Can you elaborate?

Sorry, autocorrect and a typo. 🙂 I meant 'out of the blue'. It is the name of ep. 16 or 17. 'Cteated needs to be 'created''

I couldn't find an snark thread for these 2 episodes and I cannot live witout it lol. The episodes in where Darcey was drunk and arguing with het sister. Tom and Florian kept calm.

I think Darcey would score better is she transferred her attentions to the Love After Lockup sort.  They're locked up and have her full attention, but of course, I'm sure Darcey would somehow be jealous of Bubba in the bottom bunk.  

Tom's sister? I forgot her name...anyway, girlfriend can move!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 10/11/2019 at 12:43 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Oh she gave him an address all right. Except when he gets there it'll be a vacant lot or a department store or the local jail. Oleg will be in his boiler room across the street, laughing his head off. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh she gave him an address all right. Except when he gets there it'll be a vacant lot or a department store or the local jail. Oleg will be in his boiler room across the street, laughing his head off. 

I would so watch "Caesar Goes to Ukraine". Chaos ensues. Every time he ends up at some abandoned warehouse, he smiles and praises Maria's "sense of humor".

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, blubld43 said:

I would so watch "Caesar Goes to Ukraine". Chaos ensues. Every time he ends up at some abandoned warehouse, he smiles and praises Maria's "sense of humor".

What's the over/under that he leaves Ukraine missing at least one kidney and probably both? 

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1