Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: True Colors

• Start Topic

Rebecca learns the results of Zied's background check; Avery delivers some devastating news to her mother; Benjamin finally meets Akinyi's father; Angela and Michael try to make amends. Darcey and Tom's relationship takes an interesting turn.

Airs 9/22/19

16 minutes ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

Just watched...

Not sure if it is a spoiler but I will put this here.... 

Hide contents

The Cesar story line has got to end. It is just pathetic now. It seemed very staged. 

The salad looked good though.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Crap, I still don't see it on my system. I'll keep watching for it. 

I watch it on the TLC App rather than on demand.  If you have a smart phone or tablet that may work.  I use a Roku streaming device with my tv. 

Caesar's been the same since the start...sorta "dull-witted."  I'm not sure if it's bad acting or if he's just sorta "dull-witted."  lol...but the circumstances certainly fit with him being dull-witted so I lean in that direction.

Edited by Zevious Zoquis
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Youtube video of the first half of the show

Is there anything that comes out of Avery's mouth that isn't arrogant, petulant, and reckless? It's as if she can't have a non-confrontational conversation with anyone. She's as confrontational with Omar as she is with her mother, who, by the way, is just as impulsive as her daughter - she's just as hot to get Avery married as Avery getting married herself, LOL. Omar has got to be suspicious... maybe he's worried she's going to try to recruit him to ISIS!

Darcey is a lot prettier than Stacey now, being a step behind in the race to ruin her face. Darcey came to Stacey nicely, trying to have a discussion, but Stacey got defensive and haughty real fast, just as predicted. She took no responsibility, refused to acknowledge there is a problem, and immediately started to belittle Darcey. There's no for hope to these two petty, brainless drama queens.

Making Tim work on a farm had producer shenanigans written all over it. Her father is dumb to judge him on whether he wants to castrate a calf, but he did ask Jensniffer some good questions leading to her reckoning that she's not into him. Frankly, I don't think he's into her either. Perhaps he feels pressure to seal the deal because the cameras are there, but deep down he doesn't want to. Maybe he realizes he's got enough going on back home and doesn't need a second family. Maybe he is asexual (as with Veronica, perhaps?). Maybe they can't connect in a meaningful way because she doesn't find him attractive and he catches that vibe.

No one cares about Rebecca's ancient stroll in the Lady Bush Gardens, not even Zied. Rebecca is happy to have confirmation that Zied has never been married, ironic given that she is herself secretly married, and she's the one lying to him. It's all very rich. Like all the delusional erotomaniacs on the show, she is nonplussed that Zied may never have worked a day in his life. Speaking of irony, get a load of this quote: "What if he's been lying to me? Because if he's lying about his job, what else is he lying about?" HAHAHAHAHA Rebecca, you fool. Projecting much?

Father Akinyi's raging, shouting religion (he looks schizophrenic, what with the spitting the name of Satan and all) would have me run away but Baby Ben probably thinks his religiosity is the way to the deranged preacher's heart. I can't wait for him to disappoint the elders with his lack of gifts and dweebishness. He needs someone who is intensely religious to overlook the fact that he is a maladapted pauper who copes by humming Bible verses off-key.

Ceasar, Ceasar, Ceasar. Expensive non-refundable dinner LOL. Of course it had to be non-refundable. Couldn't he make a reservation at a restaurant like the rest of us plebes? Get a doggie bag! It finally dawns on him that she didn't want to come all along because she knew ahead of time it was cancelled for lack of funds and didn't tell him. He is very, very slow-witted.

Grangela has a "relayship" with Mahkul, whatever that is. She asks to meet him and she's already enraged with him when he walks in. He is so beaten down. "It's OK you smashed a cake in my face, as long as I get to Trumperica eventually and can prove all my friends wrong and make them jealous." Hey Grangela, it doesn't start with trust as you say, it starts with the age difference, and the living standard spread between Georgia and Nigeria. You picked this, it's on you. Now, Mahkul will have to submit to rough makeup sex with a rutting buffalo, get beat up, and come back grovelling. It's the abuse cycle amplified by the urgency to get a green card out of the whole ordeal, and it's disgusting to watch.

I also thought Darcey looked better than Stacey, especially now. 

In the case of Tim, maybe the fantasy was a lot more fun than the reality. Maybe he can see that she isn't exactly thrilled with him and it knocks his self confidence down? Or maybe he really doesn't have any? I remember going out once with a real nice looking guy who seemed just my type and there was no spark. I had always had a crush on him in High School, but in reality, meh. 

Rebecca needs to shut up and go home. Ugh. 

Ben needs to come home. Her family is never going to butt out of their relationship, just make it worse. 

Ceasar is either an idiot or a failed actor. What a mess. 

I feel bad for Michael. He has to be a sex doll to that old bag. Even as a scammer, he deserves better. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

Caesar's been the same since the start...sorta "dull-witted."  I'm not sure if it's bad acting or if he's just sorta "dull-witted." 

My money's on both

39 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Ceasar is either an idiot or a failed actor. What a mess. 

Again, my money's on both

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I had to laugh when Tom complimented Stacey's outfit and then Darcey couldn't resist chiming in that "I have the SAME outfit, you just haven't seen ME in it yet." 

The sibling rivalry is intense with those two. Pity the poor men in the middle of it. 

• Love 13
53 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Rebecca: "I... um... know he gets audiences for TV shows... I'm not sure what he does but I know he works hard."

And she needs to stop saying "I'm technically still married." You ARE still married, Rebecca.  

Again .. communication.  In all these blissful days, has Rebecca never said, "So, how's your work?  Did you take time off for my visit, or will you have to spend some time at work?"  Or before the visit, "When is a good time for me to come?  Can you get time off of work?"  Oh sigh.  Blinders on, much?

• Love 24
31 minutes ago, Chippings said:

Again .. communication.  In all these blissful days, has Rebecca never said, "So, how's your work?  Did you take time off for my visit, or will you have to spend some time at work?"  Or before the visit, "When is a good time for me to come?  Can you get time off of work?"  Oh sigh.  Blinders on, much?

Or "Hey, babe, I need to go to see an attorney today to get the papers for my divorce rolling..."

Ugh, she's so frustrating.  I really hope he kicks her to the curb after (if?) she finally tells him she's still married.  Maybe she's going to wait and spring it on him at the tell all.  

If he does dump her, she shouldn't be too broken hearted since she has all that shit in her apartment with his face all over it to keep her company.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out she has a life-sized Zied pillow in her closet that she snuggles with.  Ew.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Or "Hey, babe, I need to go to see an attorney today to get the papers for my divorce rolling..."

Ugh, she's so frustrating.  I really hope he kicks her to the curb after (if?) she finally tells him she's still married.  Maybe she's going to wait and spring it on him at the tell all.  

If he does dump her, she shouldn't be too broken hearted since she has all that shit in her apartment with his face all over it to keep her company.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out she has a life-sized Zied pillow in her closet that she snuggles with.  Ew.  

LOL, thats a lot of pillow.

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 19
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

When Florian said something about them wearing their matching outfits at the same time, I realized they most likely grew up dressing alike as many identical twins do and have carried this into adulthood. 

It's weird to me that they both have drastically altered their appearance ....to look exactly alike.  

Stacy looks far worse than Darcy, yikes!  

Tom could have been hanging out on an island.  He is under a bridge listening to Stacy get under Darcy's skin while Darcy resorts to tears.  Boy.....life lessons can be tough.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 14

I know it’s been said before but it drives me crazy how Rebecca is so worried about zied hiding something or lying about something, meanwhile she’s married!!! 

The Colombian farm is gorgeous though. I’m not much of a fan of the guy with the small head and big eyes (can’t remember his name) but at least he tried. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

It's weird to me that they both have drastically altered their appearance ....to look exactly alike.  

Stacy looks far worse than Darcy, yikes!  

Tom could have been hanging out on an island.  He is under a bridge listening to Stacy get under Darcy's skin while Darcy resorts to tears.  Boy.....life lessons can be tough.  

I literally gasped out loud when we finally got a shot of Stacy's face, my god, the woman is even MORE muppet-like than Darcy. I wouldn't have believed it possible. And she had SO much highlighter on, not even a very young woman should wear so much. Smh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
On 9/19/2019 at 5:01 AM, blubld43 said:

I literally gasped out loud when we finally got a shot of Stacy's face, my god, the woman is even MORE muppet-like than Darcy. I wouldn't have believed it possible. And she had SO much highlighter on, not even a very young woman should wear so much. Smh.

Stacy's lips have almost left her face.  

The whole thing looks bizarre and I wonder what it's like for Florian to wake up to that face every morning.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Stacy's lips have almost left her face.  

The whole thing looks bizarre and I wonder what it's like for Florian to wake up to that face every morning.  

It’s like making out with a koi fish.

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

They botox alike, they walk alike

At times they even talk alike

What a crazy pair!

But they're famewhores

Identical famewhores all the way!

You can lose your mind

When famewhores are two of a kind!

Don't defile the memory of Patty Duke, lol!

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

I don't understand the big deal about Zied not having a work history. He's 26, lives with his parents and has probably only had temporary cash paying jobs, not a college education and cuh-reer. He supposedly finds audiences for some kind of TV show. I'm picturing those guys who approach you on the sidewalk outside a studio to come watch a taping. Plus, I suspect the rules for reporting income in Tunisia might be quite different from here in the US even if he has been employed in some menial capacity for several years. It's not like he misrepresented himself and told Rebecca he's a brain surgeon! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 22
6 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I'm kind of baffled by the way Zied has been presented. He's more like a 16 year old IMO, no previous girlfriends that he took home to mom, can't drive a rental car, no discernible income......And Rebecca really believes he's in love with her?? IMO he's looking for an American mom!

He brings nothing to the table.

That sort of guy is of no interest to me, we'd have nothing in common, no reference life experiences, no drive or ambition, no work ethic.  

I hope Rebecca is ready to be that mother figure, maybe her parenting skills are ok.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

IMO he's looking for an American mom!

ITA! If that's true, then he's gotten his wish. Rebecca treats him like a child. 

Edited to add: She probably even bosses him around in the bedroom. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Lesia said:

Florian looks like many an Eastern European guy- scruffy, skinny, smoker, probably smells like leather, deisel fumes, smoke and sauerkraut.  

Prolly uncut and rank from that as well .

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

He brings nothing to the table.

That sort of guy is of no interest to me, we'd have nothing in common, no reference life experiences, no drive or ambition, no work ethic.  

I hope Rebecca is ready to be that mother figure, maybe her parenting skills are ok.

I agree - I have never dated outside my age range.  The closet I came was I was 20 and he was 31.  A couple dates, nothing serious but even I felt that was big for my age at that time.  Now, if I were single (and I am 54) I would 10, 11 years either way but to be 54 and have a 34 boyfriend who lives with his parents, has no job, no common interests, no drive, sits around and smokes a huka all day?  Plus very different religions and may want kids?  Why would I punish myself this way, lol??

I don't find Zied attractive in the least. His voice is flat and seems void of emotions.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, Cammi said:

Thank you! 40 is around the corner for me and I already own my home. I wouldn't even consider a man that still lived at home. Maybe if an invalid parent lived with them, but not living at home with zero work history, no savings, no education etc. I don't get what these middle aged women see in these men that bring nothing to the table? Not trying to be over the top materialistic, but I can't eat love. Love doesn't pay my utilities.

Stacy's catfish Florian? Not that cute. Sorry, he does not look like his online pictures. He is scrawny and he has a bad smile and bad skin for a model. And dude has a chain wallet? Wtf? How OLD is he? I can't imagine being over the age of 25 and walking around with a guy with a wallet chain. Yes I'm judging. It seems to me that NONE of the foreign fiancé's have any sort of income or stable work history. Omar just graduated right? Not working right? What do the foreign fiancé's do besides "model"? And you know Stacy has been engaged so long because she can not afford the Visa. I wouldn't even consider paying for it! Let the guy pay for it! I thought it was rich when Stacy told Darcy to let her "enjoy her moment". Bitch, you done been engaged three years! That ain't no "moment", your engagement is getting near kindergarten age. 

I guess these people just want someone to boss around? That's why they pick these seemingly poor, uneducated foreigners? Tom is the only cast member I remotely like- colored me surprised. He was a catfish yes, but he is much more appealing to me than Florian. Is Florian on drugs or.....? Dude looks GAUNT, and bags under his eyes. Not attractive. And again, hardly any muscle tone. If dude was sporting the muscles like in his online photos, we'd see him filling out his clothes. He's no Jesse, and Jesse isn't even all that. 

I dunno, I just can not fathom meeting a man at my age who: lives at home, no education, no career OR job, and who can't even pay for a simple date. You KNOW these Americans are funding their overseas trips themselves. I guess I must be materialistic. And Zied is not attractive. He seems nice enough though, but at his age, he should not be so out of shape. Zero muscle tone. If I flew halfway around the world and my guy met me at the airport saying we need to rent a car, I'd hold out my hand for his credit card. Or I'd be on the next flight back to the states. Have no idea why a woman Rebecca's age doesn't allow herself to heal after divorce. So damaged (as are we all), and yet no desire to heal/learn from her past relationships. Another middle aged Disney princess syndrome. 

Oh and Stacy is an asshole. Gaslighting Darcy and dancing around the main topic. Kinda felt for Darcy, and I'm no Darcy fan. Zero responsibility in her behavior and instead put it off on Darcy "Well Tom just isn't into her and is finding things to pick at". May well be true, but he is also sick of your rude behavior! 

You read my mind! Every word is perfection!

Your parents did a wonderful job raising you, they will never have to worry about you bringing home a loser!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Y'all. Botox is not the enemy. Botox cures migraines, wrinkles, and hyperhidrosis. They're swollen and bloated-looking because of an overdose of fillers, not botox. You can't even get botox south of the eyes! And any doctor worth their MD would not over-inject restylane, juvederm, etc., but of course some hacks do. But when you're talking about robot faces and Kardashian lips you're talking about fillers, not botox. At least get your insults right.

Signed, a girl who has unrepentantly had both.

Amen sista!  

My injectionist wouldn’t allow me or anyone to go to such an extreme.  She has too much pride in her work. 

• Love 9
On 9/18/2019 at 10:27 AM, Zevious Zoquis said:

Caesar's been the same since the start...sorta "dull-witted."  I'm not sure if it's bad acting or if he's just sorta "dull-witted."  lol...but the circumstances certainly fit with him being dull-witted so I lean in that direction.

Why does his boss keep giving him money?  I’m sure he knows it’s a scam.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Why does his boss keep giving him money?  I’m sure he knows it’s a scam.

It's kind of a win/win for his boss.  

He doesn't have an employee showing up crying and whining.  And he probably "loans" ceasar that money on some pretty terrible terms.

He knows where ceasar works so he can take the money right off the top.  If ceasar tries to take off to try to avoid payment his boss can ruin his reputation and ensure no one ever loans him money again.  

AND he gets the entertainment of watching ceasars candy heart get broken.  I know I found it entertaining.

For $2000, it's a good deal for ceasars boss.  I think the guy is probably also getting paid an appearance fee and his shop is on TV.  Wins all around!

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, RealReality said:

It's kind of a win/win for his boss.  

He doesn't have an employee showing up crying and whining.  And he probably "loans" ceasar that money on some pretty terrible terms.

He knows where ceasar works so he can take the money right off the top.  If ceasar tries to take off to try to avoid payment his boss can ruin his reputation and ensure no one ever loans him money again.  

AND he gets the entertainment of watching ceasars candy heart get broken.  I know I found it entertaining.

For $2000, it's a good deal for ceasars boss.  I think the guy is probably also getting paid an appearance fee and his shop is on TV.  Wins all around!

Duh .. of course.  Everyone wins all around.  I get so caught up on this damn show, I don’t realize it’s scripted.  Everyone over there is making a nice buck for barely talking English.  “Baby, I love you so much” is all they need to know, lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 9/18/2019 at 1:08 PM, magemaud said:

I had to laugh when Tom complimented Stacey's outfit and then Darcey couldn't resist chiming in that "I have the SAME outfit, you just haven't seen ME in it yet." 

And basically accused Stacey of wearing it that night and stealing her chance to WOW Tom with it. Constant one upping each other.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8