Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: True Colors

• Start Topic

Just putting this out there because it's been on my mind for a while: does anyone else think Akinyi might not be able to have children? I'm thinking back to one of her first scenes where she made a comment along the lines of hoping he doesn't expect her to have children. Then the scene with her friend before Ben arrived, and the friend also said something to the same effect, and Akinyi agreed.

I understand there are a lot of cultural differences between families in Nigeria where Michael and Big Ang are, and Kenya, but it seems to me that many traditional cultures place a lot of value on having children. If Akinyi cannot have children, that would certainly affect her "bride price", and her desirability as a wife in her traditional society. I assume any Kenyan husband she might find would likely expect children, and the fact that she can't might be considered necessary disclosure prior to marriage in her culture.

While I don't doubt that Akinyi might want to go to America and might specifically like white guys, could her decision to pursue Ben be due to the fact that her prospects are very limited in Kenya? And if her family feels no cultural obligation to share this information with Ben, they might be married before he finds out as well.

Edited by Saje81
  • Useful 6
On 9/18/2019 at 1:33 PM, magemaud said:

When Florian said something about them wearing their matching outfits at the same time, I realized they most likely grew up dressing alike as many identical twins do and have carried this into adulthood. 

As an identical twin ('round the age range of Darcy & Stacy), my sister and I are as alike in looks and personalities as 2 peas in a pod.  BUT we are a bit amused by 'aging twins' trying to attract attention by dressing alike (EXCEPTION: A fun Twin Convention). '-D  In fact, we live in the same apt building in NYC (different apts) & have the same taste in clothes, SO we literally CALL each other when we go out together to make sure we're NOT wearing the same outfits.  We couldn't love each other more, but to us, it's just a little corny catching people's eyes by "duplicating" each other.  (Our similarity is obvious no matter WHAT we wear) ☺️☺️

In fact, we were rarely dressed alike by our mom once we started school - except for special family occasions (when our relatives relished seeing "the twinnies.")  We don't even have rhyming names or even names that start with the same letters. LOL!  All that said, I only hope that Darcy & Stacy can enjoy each other for the rest of their lives as much as my twin and I do!  Being born a twin is an incredibly wonderful stroke of luck!

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Also, Avery's head has a very unfortunate shape, in the hijab.  Maybe it is her hair in a bun in the back, but her head appears to protrude back about a foot, making her look like some sort of Star Trek alien.

image.png.7020c0b4fd27d2bc29809a5ed0ef04e9.png

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 20
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Tom was a super dick, and I am here for it.  If we had gone on a tropical vacation, like I wanted, I probably would have proposed, but since you dragged me here to meet your troll of a sister, I'm not gonna...

No matter how many producers told Tom to glibly puncture Darcy's dreams, that ranks with one of the cruelest of comments uttered on 90-Day Fiance.

BUT!!!  Now THAT SAID, let's look at this realistically!  No way could Tom had been "suddenly faced with this Albanian getaway."  Plans by producers HAD to have been made well before this so-called' tropical holiday in paradise.' These reality puppets HAD to have been in on the script-line.  I don't believe there EVER WAS a 'dream vacation' in the makings!  

So....c'mon...we've gotta question Darcy's "disappointment" to hear Tom's FAUX, scripted sighs of woe regarding "what COULD have been! If only....."

Puleeeese TLC, your viewers deserve better than THIS!  It's no fun watching a show that you can't HELP but be one step ahead of!  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, kacesq said:

Surely someone could've taught Avery to say qabul for the ceremony?  She seems to have some Arabic words and phrases she uses....

Maybe just saying it isn't enough if they know you don't understand what you're agreeing to. 

Edited by sconstant
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The marriage contract is signed (...) during the nikah.

I wonder where the source picked up this alleged muslim ceremony. :-) This is probably from one specific country, because there is not _the_ muslim ceremony. The article is misleading in many ways, unfortunately.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Lily247 said:

🤣🤣🤣I know several Muslim converts, and they all had to choose an Arabic name. I think the choices were either Fatima or Leyla and they all choose Leyla. 

They _can_ do so, is is only required, though, when they have a typical jewish or christian name or a name that mocks the Islam. Some muslim countries strongly recommend parents giving their children a "good arabic" name, but neither birth nor conversion names have to be picked from a list of only a few names. :-)

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Many young Muslim women I see in a hijab have that big knob on the back of their heads, from putting her long hair in a bun.

Conservative shit stirring Muslims maybe. Lots of Muslim women don't cover their heads.

The hair bun is currently in fashion.

Yes, "Conservative shit stirring", both applies, I couldn't have expressed it better. Not to mention that their critic itself goes against good, recommended, islamic behaviour.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

In the Silva Sisters Olympics! 

It's a race to the bottom. They think the winner gets a diamond wedding ring. They are wrong because there is no winner. They would rather murder the other than see her happy. These two are gonna die together in mutual combat.

2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I wouldn't use the words, "hot" and "Florian" in the same sentence, unless it had something to do with the weather.

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

But Florian is younger and "hotter"! 

I never said Florian was hot. I said he was "hot." Florian is "hot" like Trashley is a model, which within the diminished standards of 90 Days means he takes a mean filtered Instagram photograph, but is a lot more scrawny and rodent like in person. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Ben is clueless about these issues and Akinyi doesn't seem to be particularly forthcoming with the details. I don't believe it's occurred to folks that part of the reason why Akinyi isn't sharing the details is because she doesn't know or understand how different her traditions are from American ones

Exactly this is, in fact, one of the significant points of failure in binational relationships. It is the thought of "everyone knows this" that each part has, only that each one of their cultures have a different idea of what "everyone knows". :-)

However, one should also take into account that in quite a few countries, women expect their husbands to collect lots of information, experience and knowledge, so that he can make things happen along the line of what "everyone expects". Foreign men have, in many countries, more problems to get accustomed than women, because of what is being (more) expected from them.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

There is no way Omar cares even one iota about Avery.  No man would encourage a woman he loves to move into a dangerous war zone, like Syria.

Neither does Omar. Where he lives, in the Russian controlled zone, there has't been and won't be a war zone, only secondary problems of resources (like food, water supply, electricity).
Depending on his families standing and place of living these problems could even be minor ones.

BTW, in good parts of Syrias capital, Damaskus, the life did not change at all during the last years. Street cafes and shops were open, an international fair was held and the nightlife was crowded as ever. :-)

• Useful 12
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

that Zied has had only jobs that paid him under the table

Umm ... that is the normal work conditions in Tunisia amongst lower educated workers. Quite a few work on "commission" base only.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Shieldmaiden said:

An event to remember - Mom dressed up like ET in a bedsheet, Avery wearing an Obi Wan Kenobi Halloween costume, the male witness in his finest “athlete” branded athleisure jacket, groom holding hands to repeat vows with Avery’s bearded stand-in and all in PLASTIC LAWN CHAIRS!!

Plastic lawn chairs in the west, yes. In MENA countries, it is one of the countries valued products from their plastic extrusion companies, you will find them everywhere. :-)

BTW - where, did you think, they got the idea for the Kenobi costume from? They recorded parts of that movie in Tunisia, you know, and some women and men wear it there, too. :-)

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, WWalter said:

The hair bun is currently in fashion.

Yes, "Conservative shit stirring", both applies, I couldn't have expressed it better. Not to mention that their critic itself goes against good, recommended, islamic behaviour.

Thank you for your insightful posts. I didn't know that about the bun! But it makes sense since I only see them on younger women.

It was my understanding that a woman is not obliged to convert to Islam to marry a Muslim man (though I'm sure everyone would like it). I never heard that she had to change her name. 

I knew lots of Muslim women when I worked at the dental school. Some very conservative, wore abbayahs and hijabs; some very secular, wore Western clothing and didn't cover. All professional women who mostly went home to Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Lebanon, Kuwait, UAE, and other Arab countries, to work or teach at the universities. They were by no means expected to retire to the women's quarters and produce babies. (One of our students arrived to start her Masters program with one baby, and had another during her studies, graduated on time and missed hardly any classes!). The married students were very touching in their devotion to their spouses, men and women. Part of my job was to submit their theses to the library and upload them to the database, I always read their acknowledgements and dedications because they were so lovely. They always included very moving and heartfelt tributes to their husbands and wives.  

• Love 11

LORT!! They actually show Zied combing the Crisco through his head.  Like he washed, conditioned and crisco'd it. On purpose. 

Note to Caesar: You don't HAVE to go and sit at the dinner you planned for you and Svetlana, looking longingly at the empty chair. But then what kind of tv would that be?? Cue the "random" hotel guests from the pool. 

Tim's THs literally look like talking heads. Thank goodness after only 73694 hints, he kisses Jeniffffffer. 

FF thru Darcy and her extensions

That Cape. Omar didn't even know what to make of it. I thunk it made Avery look a little like.....whichever one of the smurfs wears a cape.

Grangela is out of her Georgia ass mind. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

It was my understanding that a woman is not obliged to convert to Islam to marry a Muslim man (though I'm sure everyone would like it). I never heard that she had to change her name. 

(...)

They always included very moving and heartfelt tributes

There is no obligation, but it is more or less recommended and will make the husband have a better standing in strict or conservative communities.

Arab women's second name is "Drama/Emotion" - but quite a few of the men's too. :-)

You will find that those who come to the west and dress and behave western, will quickly revert to arabic dress, behaviour, and, suprisingly, also thoughts, the second the plane touches home country soil. I have experienced that quite a few times. :-)

It depends a bit though, on the standing of their family. If they are wealthy and well connected, they might be a bit "wilder" or liberal than when these conditions are not met.

• Useful 3
8 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Though at least he actually has an education, and a profession. That sets him apart already! 

Not automatically - pretending love and meaning visa or green card is independent from having money or education. For some people, all their money and education cannot buy the ticket out of the country.

However, a good education and a serious (!) liberal world view and behaviour increases the chances that one is not engaging in "Bezness" a great deal. However, I did not see the liberal world view or behaviour here (in my line of work I have talked to and experienced quite a few syrian academics in the past years - there are these ... and there are those).

Having written the above - I am not sure that what we see on TV is what happened in real life. It can well be that it is the shows intention to characterize some people in a specific way that can -and will- lead us to take wrong conclusions. 🙂

After all, TV is today about entertainment - the time of factuality and information has been gone for quite some time...

Edited by WWalter
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, WWalter said:

You will find that those who come to the west and dress and behave western, will quickly revert to arabic dress, behaviour, and, suprisingly, also thoughts, the second the plane touches home country soil. I have experienced that quite a few times. 🙂

It depends a bit though, on the standing of their family. If they are wealthy and well connected, they might be a bit "wilder" or liberal than when these conditions are not met.

Not at all surprising. When in Rome! I met Benazir Bhutto several times in the 70's, when she was here in Boston at Radcliffe; she was friends with a friend of mine.. She was very much a typical college girl. Years later Pinkie was known as Benazir and dressed traditionally. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, WWalter said:

They _can_ do so, is is only required, though, when they have a typical jewish or christian name or a name that mocks the Islam. Some muslim countries strongly recommend parents giving their children a "good arabic" name, but neither birth nor conversion names have to be picked from a list of only a few names. 🙂

Yes, good point, I was just half kidding about picking from 2 names tho 😄

1 hour ago, WWalter said:

I wonder where the source picked up this alleged muslim ceremony. 🙂 This is probably from one specific country, because there is not _the_ muslim ceremony. The article is misleading in many ways, unfortunately.

I worked with a girl who was Malaysian and Muslim.  She met a guy from Orlando and they ended up getting married. Neither converted.  First they had a ceremony here at a mosque to become officially married.  Then they went to Orlando to have a standard American wedding for his family.  For their next wedding they went to her home in Malaysia for a huge multi-day wedding with ornate traditional Malaysian outfits.  It was gorgeous and the whole town was invited.  So she covered all her bases 🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, WWalter said:

Plastic lawn chairs in the west, yes. In MENA countries, it is one of the countries valued products from their plastic extrusion companies, you will find them everywhere. 🙂

BTW - where, did you think, they got the idea for the Kenobi costume from? They recorded parts of that movie in Tunisia, you know, and some women and men wear it there, too. 🙂

Yes, I get it, and as a person married to someone from a foreign country as well, I recognize that every culture has its own set of customs and values which when viewed with no context or familiarity can be strange to an outsider. But I’m also here for the snark, and Avery and her mom have provided snark worthy fodder in spades. 😉. The disparity in dress between the two women and the guy in the sweat jacket was especially jarring - if Avery needed to wear even more covering over her very modest (and beautiful) wedding gown to be appropriate (never explained to her in the store or Omar) I find it funny that a sweat jacket one might wear to work out in is fine for the man. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Was it ever explained why Avery had to wear the Yoda robe over her wedding gown?

I thought because Averys wedding outfit was perhaps considered too form fitting and someone (maybe the Schick) discreetly gave it to Omar to give to Avery as he probably assumed she wouldnt be appropriately dressed. Because even though boy do we KNOW Avery tries hard to dress the part, I think she, somehow, misses the mark. I think her outfits are awfully elaborate and may even stand out in the Middle East as everyday wear. Just like with her overall demeanor in Lebanon and with other Muslim people. She may think she is being respectful; however, in this situation (a strictly Muslim society/country) I am guessing that a proper Muslim woman doesnt really engage in conversation with men at all if her husband is doing the talking. She constantly chirps Arabic phrases to people when it is totally unnecessary for her to open her mouth. 

Also, Im curious how long her conversion took from start to finish, how she started online Muslim dating soooo quickly, and why Omar listed his location on his dating profile as America. Almost like he was seeking out an American bride. Hmm. Very telling. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Ha! I was thinking of Sixteen Candles too. Only it was the scene when Sam’s little brother is told the whole family forgot his sister’s birthday. He removes his headphones only to deadpan, “Ha. Classic.” That’s exactly how I picture Avery’s little brother’s reaction when he finds out Avery is in dire straits, desperately searching for a WiFi signal amongst the rubble of what she thought was the Azan-Nicole Make-Up Company Store. Of course, the headphones would have to be replaced with air buds to reflect the current time.

Does that mean Zied can be the oily bohunk?

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

LORT!! They actually show Zied combing the Crisco through his head.  Like he washed, conditioned and crisco'd it. On purpose. 

Note to Caesar: You don't HAVE to go and sit at the dinner you planned for you and Svetlana, looking longingly at the empty chair. But then what kind of tv would that be?? Cue the "random" hotel guests from the pool. 

Tim's THs literally look like talking heads. Thank goodness after only 73694 hints, he kisses Jeniffffffer. 

FF thru Darcy and her extensions

That Cape. Omar didn't even know what to make of it. I thunk it made Avery look a little like.....whichever one of the smurfs wears a cape.

Grangela is out of her Georgia ass mind. 

Ceasar is a born fool.  I would have gotten both dinners delivered to my room!  This man spent a year eating ramen and eggs and he didn't even get through ONE salad!  I know the kitchen staff was having a field day eating that expensive meal.  Good for them!

Was there a candy bra too?  LOL!

I loved that they got the random tourists to show up again!  Where is Maria?  LOL!

For the first part of the episode Omar's expression looked just like Tom's.  I think he would have been his fine if they had to wait. 

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
On 9/23/2019 at 12:40 AM, liammaam said:

I can definitely see where Avery's teenage stank face comes from- her mom is the Master of Stank Face!  She was pouting, Avery was pouting... Omar just wanted to run away, I think.

On "pillow talk" Tariq referred to Terri's facial expressions as "a face like a melting candle". LMAO!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Adeejay said:

What Akinyi is doing to Benjamin is wrong.  When they were communicating online, she should have told him all about her culture and what is expected of him.  Instead, every day it’s something new.  I hope he has the good sense to walk away.  I don’t think she is worth it. 

The whole situation gives me the skeevies.  And then dad starts talking about jewels and expensive necklaces being strewn about and that can't be good.  

I don't think it's a cultural thing to spring things on people at the last minute. Jenniffer constantly prepares Tim before he meets a family member.  

Akyini knows Ben doesn't know any of this and if she didn't she figured it out when he was confused about going to Fidels.  And then if she thought he knew all this why give him the primer on the 50 rules of dinner....right before the dinner?   

And then there is the lying and weird as hell seduction scene.  All done in baby voice.  So many ways that ends poorly, so I hope Ben can hold it together and not have sex with her.    

And then the fact that she is sooo hesitant about being a step-mom.  I get it, but did she just come to the realization that Ben had a child or did she assume he would shuffle Grayson off? 

If she doesn't want to be involved with Grayson, I get it, she is young and not maternal.....but how is this coming up now?  I got the impression she doesn't want Grayson around....so how is she going to treat him?

The whole situation feels wrong and weird.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, magemaud said:

Avery sat on the sidelines wearing a Yoda Cloak next to Teri wearing a flowered bedsheet. Omar sat across the room and  held hands with the officiant (imam? sheikh?) who read him a few phrases in Arabic and Omar repeated his responses. It was explained that he was the stand in for Avery because she couldn't speak Arabic. Teri was asked for the agreed upon dowry price, otherwise she and Avery had no "lines" and were virtually spectators. No rings were exchanged but I've noticed Omar wearing one even before the ceremony. Teri whined about not being able to sign the paperwork as a witness to the the wedding but it required a male signature or TWO females, which really pissed her off and she grumbled about it out loud to Avery as they sat there. 

Of all the things to be mad about!?!!!  Not getting to sign that paper....she wants to be a witness and sign the paper!

They should have just given her a piece of scratch paper to sign. 

My heart broke for her with Avery's news.  Teri isn't a prize but those tears were real.  I think Avery is playing Teri to get her to pay whatever it takes to get Omar's Visa approved ASAP.  Teri can't keep letting Avery blackmail her with the threat of making dumb decisions. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

That was downright cruel to do that to her. I actually felt a bit bad for her. She's such a needy mess. I feel bad for her girls. Would she want them behaving this way for dick? I don't think so.

I do too but beware the wolf in sheep's clothing.

Does anybody have any insight as to the muslim wedding that we witnessed? Is that the typical wedding?

How is Tim not angry or indignant about being called a pussy by Jenifffffer? He just takes it. That's no good.

Rebecca is one piece of work, that's all I got to say about her.

Also, that wedding looked like it took place in a stockroom or closet or something. 

where is Omar's family?

• Love 6
17 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

I wish!  Every week I have more contempt for Rebecca because of how she’s deceiving him.  Her divorce is barely filed and how likely is it that she’ll be allowed to import another fiancé right away, if ever?

It wouldn’t be surprising at all that Zied has had only jobs that paid him under the table since that happens all the time here too.  Her lecture about him having to work is pointless anyway because he wouldn’t be able to work here for quite awhile as she must well know.

Yeah, I didn't find that odd at all.  Gig economy....my hair stylist strings together like 5 hustles and I'm sure the government knows about none of them (I pay her in cash).  

And of course he is okay asking her for money because she keeps giving it to him.  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Darcey went to Albania to compete.

Florian is younger, a model, and "hotter." However, he lives in Albania, doesn't speak English fluently, and Stacey is supporting him. According to Darcey, Stacey is sending him a couple of hundred bucks a month.

Tom is older than Florian, not as "hot," but he lives in a more desirable country though not in a desirable city. He speaks English fluently, has a job that pays enough to support himself, and still has enough money to travel. And Darcey doesn't have to support him.

Yep!  And it's why I have a hard time pitying her.  "We just wanted to meet each other's guys" my ass.  

That being said,.maybe it's editing but Stacy seems to just.be cruelly pushing Darcy's buttons.  Girl, you have your "model" and your engagement.....you won....make it a classy win. 

10 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

If they combined the best parts or Tom and Florian into one man, they might have a catch.  

That's a lot of bad teeth.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

Darcy may be insecure, needy and desperate, but she appears to be kind and seems to have a good heart. What Tom said to her was mean spirited. It was like Lucy pulling the ball away from Charlie Brown. She really didn’t deserve that. It’s not fun watching her get humiliated over and over.

• Love 14

At this point, Florian and Tom have waaayyy more chemistry than Tom and Darcey or even Stacey and Florian. I could watch an entire show of Tom and Florian just reacting, together, to to the Silva twins' antics. 

Darcey is a needy, emotional wreck but unlike some of these crazies, however, she does seem like a nice person. She's also clearly got some issues. While the snarky side of me enjoys Tom messing with her, the human side of me feels bad. Girlfriend seems on the edge of a nervous breakdown, and yet it's still due to choices that she's made herself. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Not at all surprising. When in Rome! I met Benazir Bhutto several times in the 70's, when she was here in Boston at Radcliffe; she was friends with a friend of mine.. She was very much a typical college girl. Years later Pinkie was known as Benazir and dressed traditionally. 

I work for a large company in London and we have lots of Muslim staff, mostly aged under 30 (unfortunately all our senior staff are white, middle-aged men, so 'diversity' is only represented amongst the most junior staff, which is an issue, but I digress ...)

The Muslim women wear different types of cover-up. Some don't cover their heads at all, some will just cover their heads with a hijab and will otherwise wear modest Western clothes - jeans, long-sleeved tops, etc. Others wear more traditional dress of the type Ashley wears.

One of my friends never used to cover her head but wore modest clothes. She has the most beautiful hair, very long, falling naturally in gorgeous, beachy wave/curls. It really is her crowning glory. After she got married she decided to adopt traditional clothes because she wanted to keep her hair private, just for family. I've been round to her house when it's just her and her mother-in-law at home (as is customary, she moved in with her husband's family after marriage), and she's been in western clothes with her hair down. But the only man allowed to see her hair is her husband.

Another friend used to wear a hijab and wear western clothes, but after she had a baby she adopted traditional clothes, because she said it hides all baby weight and takes the pressure off her to feel she has to be back in her tiny jeans within a month of giving birth.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I thought because Averys wedding outfit was perhaps considered too form fitting and someone (maybe the Schick) discreetly gave it to Omar to give to Avery as he probably assumed she wouldnt be appropriately dressed. Because even though boy do we KNOW Avery tries hard to dress the part, I think she, somehow, misses the mark. I think her outfits are awfully elaborate and may even stand out in the Middle East as everyday wear. Just like with her overall demeanor in Lebanon and with other Muslim people. She may think she is being respectful; however, in this situation (a strictly Muslim society/country) I am guessing that a proper Muslim woman doesnt really engage in conversation with men at all if her husband is doing the talking. She constantly chirps Arabic phrases to people when it is totally unnecessary for her to open her mouth. 

Also, Im curious how long her conversion took from start to finish, how she started online Muslim dating soooo quickly, and why Omar listed his location on his dating profile as America. Almost like he was seeking out an American bride. Hmm. Very telling. 

I've been poking around in Google land trying to find something about a cloak or cape that covers the bride during the nikah ceremony, so far, zilch. I think Mr. Sheikh was was slipped a few dollars by production to cover poor Avery up in that brown rag. A traditional garment should have been red, or green. Ditto the bedsheet they put on Teri. Seriously? Teri couldn't dress modestly and borrow one of Avery's one hundred headscarves for the wedding? She'd been to the mosque before and knew what was expected! I can't believe she opted to just throw that rag on instead of dressing properly. It reminds me of the old days when some restaurants required men to wear a jacket--if some chump showed up without one, he could borrow one from the restaurant--usually ill fitting. 

Lebanon is not a strictly Muslim country. It is the most religiously diverse country in the Middle East. 

The conversion process to Islam is very simple. It requires only that one say "Ash Shadoo an La ilaha illa Allah, Wa Ash Shadoo ana Muhammadan rasoolu Allah." 

meaning:  

"I bear witness that there is no true god except God (Allah), and I bear witness that Muhammad is the (Final) Messenger of God." 

This can be done in private or in the presence of other Muslims. 

That's not all, obviously, study and discussion are encouraged. You need to pray and observe.  BUT the only thing you have to do to become a Muslim is to utter that sentence with sincerity. 

One thing I found in my studies with Professor Google was that conversion instantly absolves you of all your past sins. Theres's been speculation that Avery is running away from something, and I too think she could be trying to escape something. The notion of being able to shed one's past by becoming Muslim could have appealed to a young woman trying to cope with troubling or traumatic events. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The conversion process to Islam is very simple. It requires only that one say "Ash Shadoo an La ilaha illa Allah, Wa Ash Shadoo ana Muhammadan rasoolu Allah." 

meaning:  

"I bear witness that there is no true god except God (Allah), and I bear witness that Muhammad is the (Final) Messenger of God." 

This can be done in private or in the presence of other Muslims. 

That's not all, obviously, study and discussion are encouraged. You need to pray and observe.  BUT the only thing you have to do to become a Muslim is to utter that sentence with sincerity. 

One thing I found in my studies with Professor Google was that conversion instantly absolves you of all your past sins. Theres's been speculation that Avery is running away from something, and I too think she could be trying to escape something. The notion of being able to shed one's past by becoming Muslim could have appealed to a young woman trying to cope with troubling or traumatic events. 

Interesting how in Christianity there is the confession of sins and acceptance of Jesus that absolves you of your sins and "saves you" when you are "born again". Very similar.

Last night I was thinking how Avery had to wear that potato sack and meanwhile Laura was bedecked in gold and colorful clothing.

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 3
On 9/20/2019 at 7:06 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I don't find Zied attractive in the least. His voice is flat and seems void of emotions.

What??? You mean you don't swoon when he says " It's ok baby, don't worry for this. I promise,ok. It's no problem for me." Hmph. Guess it's just me then. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

At this point, Florian and Tom have waaayyy more chemistry than Tom and Darcey or even Stacey and Florian. I could watch an entire show of Tom and Florian just reacting, together, to to the Silva twins' antics. 

Darcey is a needy, emotional wreck but unlike some of these crazies, however, she does seem like a nice person. She's also clearly got some issues. While the snarky side of me enjoys Tom messing with her, the human side of me feels bad. Girlfriend seems on the edge of a nervous breakdown, and yet it's still due to choices that she's made herself. 

She really brought this all on herself.  How many clues did tom give her that he didn't want to go.  He just stopped short of saying "absolutely not" but he was fairly clear. 

Tom must feel objectified and he should.  He is nothing more than an object whose primary purpose is to ensure Stacy's jealousy.  

He isn't perfect (personally, I didn't like it when he made her kiss his foot/ankle) but man she dragged him someplace he doesn't want to be, made him wait hours for her sister after rummaging through her luggage in the street to find heels.

She puts him in that tiny airless car, she is all over him like a cheap suit, he can't even breathe after he barfs, he is taken to some flea market with "couture" dresses bedazzled in doodads.  

I think Stacy comes off cruel, but I'd I were tom I'd be fed up too.  At the end of the day, it's Darcy he is in a relationship with, so SHE should have put her foot down.  The trip for the day was to a pretty basic flea market....even if it was to an amazing flea market why didn't she tell Stacy at breakfast that she and tom would hang out by themselves and meet them up later?   Did Stacy really need to be on TV?  

If he has a British stiff upper lip he probably isn't going to yell at her so these passive aggressive digs are all he's got. 

Tom was never going to propose to Darcy on St. Canaria or anywhere else.  BUT maybe "missing out" on a marriage proposal will be the impetus that Darcy needs to make.some changes. 

Also.  I think toms wig/plugs look better combed down.

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Last night I was thinking how Avery had to wear that potato sack and meanwhile Laura was bedecked in gold and colorful clothing.

Take a stroll through Google land "Muslim weddings". The brides are bedecked in absolutely gorgeous outfits. Either in white, western style dresses or more traditional dress, depending on the country, but colorful and as bedazzled as all get out. Take a peek:

https://www.outfittrends.com/hijab-wedding-dresses-latest-hijab-wedding-styles/

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Take a stroll through Google land "Muslim weddings". The brides are bedecked in absolutely gorgeous outfits. Either in white, western style dresses or more traditional dress, depending on the country, but colorful and as bedazzled as all get out. Take a peek:

https://www.outfittrends.com/hijab-wedding-dresses-latest-hijab-wedding-styles/

They are gorgeous! 

Unfortunately Avery had to wear the Carhart wedding smock, who knew they had a bridal line.

• LOL 17
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, OrchidThief said:

We have no idea if Omar was ever in college or studied dentistry. From his smug face upon achieving ownership of Avery, I’d say neither. Girl, you are dumb.

I think Omar liked getting one over on archenemies Teri.  She has been.....pretty culturally insensitive.  I can't imagine her snarky asides during the ceremony were well received and I'm sure she is always whipping out her googled phone facts about Islam.  

I think moving to Syria is all Avery's idea.  In part to be difficult, but also to blackmail her mother into pushing for Omar's Visa.  But I'm sure it felt good for Omar to get one over on Teri. 

However, i think he realized that he may have gone too far when Teri took off.  LOL, Avery's money isn't paying for the immigration attorney.....Avery isn't the one who will get pushy and wait in line and petition local politicians and get the press involved.   Thats all Teri, and Omar knows it so he needs to be more careful. 

• Love 10