Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: True Colors

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

Darcy with cigarette and the ash must have been over an inch long... I couldn't help but think of the movie 16 candles when the one grandma is talking to the other grandma while she is making breakfast and she has the cigarette with long ash. She opens the box of entennman's donuts and says "Voila! breakfast is served". 

Ha! I love that scene! Darcy needs someone to hold a pancake flipper under her ash, should it fall.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

I didnt see this episode but Im sure Averys ceremony wasnt too different

Avery sat on the sidelines wearing a Yoda Cloak next to Teri wearing a flowered bedsheet. Omar sat across the room and  held hands with the officiant (imam? sheikh?) who read him a few phrases in Arabic and Omar repeated his responses. It was explained that he was the stand in for Avery because she couldn't speak Arabic. Teri was asked for the agreed upon dowry price, otherwise she and Avery had no "lines" and were virtually spectators. No rings were exchanged but I've noticed Omar wearing one even before the ceremony. Teri whined about not being able to sign the paperwork as a witness to the the wedding but it required a male signature or TWO females, which really pissed her off and she grumbled about it out loud to Avery as they sat there. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I spent a few minutes with Professor Google this morning, trying to find out something about that Yoda robe. Came up empty. I can only presume that the sheikh was having a bit of fun at Avery's expense. Or Sharp paid him.

I tried Professor Bing this morning and came up empty as well.  

Maybe she was actually recruited into some mysterious group of druids.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Avery sat on the sidelines wearing a Yoda Cloak next to Teri wearing a flowered bedsheet. Omar sat across the room and  held hands with the officiant (imam? sheikh?) who read him a few phrases in Arabic and Omar repeated his responses. It was explained that he was the stand in for Avery because she couldn't speak Arabic. Teri was asked for the agreed upon dowry price, otherwise she and Avery had no "lines" and were virtually spectators. No rings were exchanged but I've noticed Omar wearing one even before the ceremony. Teri whined about not being able to sign the paperwork as a witness to the the wedding but it required a male signature or TWO females, which really pissed her off and she grumbled about it out loud to Avery as they sat there. 

🤣🤣🤣 thanks for the lowdown. Flowered bedsheet....im dying. 

But yea, in Orthodox Judaism, only men can be official witnesses to a marriage ceremony. And I think that if Avery had memorized a couple phrases in Arabic, she could have been a part of her wedding ceremony. This sounds like pretty much your basic-est Muslim ceremony according to Islam law. Maybe it surprises some folks, but, it is how it is. I wonder if Avery has chosen an Arabic name. I know several Muslim converts, and they all had to choose an Arabic name. I think the choices were either Fatima or Leyla and they all choose Leyla. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
Just now, itsadryheat said:
20 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Yikes! He's another "model" like Deaven, looks way better with his mouth closed. 

How'd he get the mole on his forehead to move sides?

his part moved, too, I think it's a selfie which shows up in reverse. 

• Love 4

Looks like Avery and Omar's ceremony was the Nikah:

The marriage contract is signed in a nikah ceremony, in which the groom or his representative proposes to the bride in front of at least two witnesses, stating the details of the meher. The bride and groom demonstrate their free will by repeating the word qabul ("I accept," in Arabic) three times. Then the couple and two male witnesses sign the contract, making the marriage legal according to civil and religious law. Following traditional Islamic customs, the bride and groom may share a piece of sweet fruit, such as a date. If men and women are separated for the ceremony, a male representative called a wali acts in the bride's behalf during the nikah.

Source:

https://www.theknot.com/content/muslim-wedding-ceremony-rituals

• Useful 8
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, OrchidThief said:

Apropos Rebecca’s “investigation...” I had a PI run my details and the report didn’t list one single W-2 job I’d actually held and listed several I hadn’t. They are completely unreliable.

Thank you for using "apropos" correctly.  It's not a cool way of saying "appropriate," as in, "this music is so apropos..."  God I hate that...

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, magemaud said:

Bra straps and belly showing? Not a good look when you’re obese and Fitty Two 

A864E8B2-CF6F-4E03-A71E-5A916D2686BD.jpeg

I think we should consider ourselves lucky that Angela is actually sporting the bra straps. Otherwise we could be accidentally privy to seeing her nipples right next to the belly button when her top rides up. 

Ps: not judging. I'm on my way there myself LOL

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ava111 said:

I think we should consider ourselves lucky that Angela is actually sporting the bra straps. Otherwise we could be accidentally privy to seeing her nipples right next to the belly button when her top rides up. 

Ps: not judging. I'm on my way there myself LOL

I thought that looked like belly last night. 

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I spent a few minutes with Professor Google this morning, trying to find out something about that Yoda robe. Came up empty. I can only presume that the sheikh was having a bit of fun at Avery's expense. Or Sharp paid him.

I looked it up too.  They said some brides wear the hijab, a hooded long garment covering the whole dress.  That’s only if they want, but not necessary.  Depends on the country.  Some are gorgeous of different colors.  Hers was ugly to me.  I think it was drab brown.  I’d still like to see what her face and body looks like without all that clothing on.  Does she have very long hair, what color, etc.  She has the same face as the mother.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

My BEC, Avery, needs to step away from the katafi.

Girl's face gets rounder and more moon like as the season progresses.  If she's back in America before the end of this month, she could don an orange head wrap and look like a makeup laden pumpkin.

-----

So did I hear correctly and Rebecca's PI buddy mentioned Rebecca had sent Zied money in the past?

So at what point did her razor-sharp PI skills fail to realize he was a broke ass and probably not gainfully employed?  The denial and stupidity run deep in Nancy Drew Rebecca.  

Rebecca in next week's preview, "He's taking advantage of me!"......

Says the woman who failed to disclose she is bisexual and failed to disclose she is still "technically" married.

And filtered herself to the point of requiring dental records for identification.

-----

I loved carsick Tom being engulfed by Stage 5 Clinger Darcy on that bus as he tried to swish his mouth out with water.  

I'm going to love even more next week's scene of the Jessie Era Darcy, drunk off her ass, slurring, bitching, smoking, and wallowing around in self pity.

Somewhere Jesse is proudly putting on his hat of "I told you so!"  

Also, Avery's head has a very unfortunate shape, in the hijab.  Maybe it is her hair in a bun in the back, but her head appears to protrude back about a foot, making her look like some sort of Star Trek alien.

Nancy Drew - LOL!  

I also love it every time she says "technically married".  That is like being "technically pregnant".  You either are or you aren't.  I could buy "not officially divorced yet", but "technically married" sounds like she is in denial.

I also agree that her lies and omissions and extreme photo filtering are worse than Zied possibly not ever having had a job.   I like it when the 2 "soulmates" are conning each other.  It allows us to mock them both, while not feeling bad for anyone.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Darcey and Stacey are in constant competition, they don't like each other and do not want the other one to be happy if they are not happy.  I don't blame Tom for complaining, he had a beautiful trip planned for them and instead winds up doing hours long car rides to Albanian historical sites and flea markets. Why Darcey would agree to go to Albania to meet her twin who she cannot stand is beyond reason. The whole Tom/Darcey visit is a train wreck. Get the hell out of Albania and England, he is not going to marry you.  Start searching other countries for newly available catches, hey wait Caesar is available.    

Darcey went to Albania to compete.

Florian is younger, a model, and "hotter." However, he lives in Albania, doesn't speak English fluently, and Stacey is supporting him. According to Darcey, Stacey is sending him a couple of hundred bucks a month.

Tom is older than Florian, not as "hot," but he lives in a more desirable country though not in a desirable city. He speaks English fluently, has a job that pays enough to support himself, and still has enough money to travel. And Darcey doesn't have to support him.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Looks like Avery and Omar's ceremony was the Nikah:

The marriage contract is signed in a nikah ceremony, in which the groom or his representative proposes to the bride in front of at least two witnesses, stating the details of the meher. The bride and groom demonstrate their free will by repeating the word qabul ("I accept," in Arabic) three times. Then the couple and two male witnesses sign the contract, making the marriage legal according to civil and religious law. Following traditional Islamic customs, the bride and groom may share a piece of sweet fruit, such as a date. If men and women are separated for the ceremony, a male representative called a wali acts in the bride's behalf during the nikah.

Source:

https://www.theknot.com/content/muslim-wedding-ceremony-rituals

Surely someone could've taught Avery to say qabul for the ceremony?  She seems to have some Arabic words and phrases she uses....

• Love 3
Just now, Silver Bells said:

Does she have very long hair, what color, etc.  She has the same face as the mother.

When they showed scenes of her at home, doing gymnastics with her other obviously "former gymnast" friends her knit hat came off and she had brown hair in a pony tail. Her hair was also brown in her pre-Muslim photos.* You can also see that she has long hair according to that big bunch of hair in the back of her hijab. 

* I have read that she came under criticism from Muslims for showing her hair in her old pictures but blamed Teri for submitting them to production 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Florian is younger, a model, and "hotter." However, he lives in Albania, doesn't speak English fluently, and Stacey is supporting him. According to Darcey, Stacey is sending him a couple of hundred bucks a month.

Tom is older than Florian, not as "hot," but he lives in a more desirable country though not in a desirable city. He speaks English fluently, has a job that pays enough to support himself, and still has enough money to travel. And Darcey doesn't have to support him.

If they combined the best parts or Tom and Florian into one man, they might have a catch.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

When they showed scenes of her at home, doing gymnastics with her other obviously "former gymnast" friends her knit hat came off and she had brown hair in a pony tail. Her hair was also brown in her pre-Muslim photos.* You can also see that she has long hair according to that big bunch of hair in the back of her hijab. 

* I have read that she came under criticism from Muslims for showing her hair in her old pictures but blamed Teri for submitting them to production 

Thanks.  Just started watching intently a couple of months ago and didn’t see that part.  She could have gotten a schlorship at a nice college, but chose another way of life.  In due time, I think she will be crying to come back.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Also, Avery's head has a very unfortunate shape, in the hijab.  Maybe it is her hair in a bun in the back, but her head appears to protrude back about a foot, making her look like some sort of Star Trek alien.

Many young Muslim women I see in a hijab have that big knob on the back of their heads, from putting her long hair in a bun.

11 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Conservative shit stirring Muslims maybe. Lots of Muslim women don't cover their heads.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

But Florian is younger and "hotter"! 

Is it too much to ask that Florida host Tom and Darcy? If I were to fly to someone's country (after altering my vacay plans), I would at LEAST expect a warm welcome in their HOME. I mean... hello? I bet we never see Florida's home in Albania, cuz he is yet another fiancé without a pot to piss in. Bet the 3 years he has been "engaged" to Stacy, he has not managed to save a single dime. And if Stacy's engagement ring is real, then I'll operate on anal fissures. Would have loved to see an Albanian home cooked meal etc. Why do these middle aged women want men that literally can't afford McDonald's? I get that it is common in other countries to live at home, but I can not fathom at this stage in my life having to deal with that. Dudes that have wallet chains rarely have anything to steal INSIDE the actual wallet. 

Omar is using Avery. Or he never would have lied on the social app they met saying he was located in America. That says everything anyone needed to know. The end. 

I personally think Jennifer Is beautiful, but for whatever reason, I don't think Tim is really all that into her. These two are forcing chemistry because on paper (through texts rather) it seems as if SHOULD be there. But I sense Tim is another Icky Ricky. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

For those of you whose invitations were lost in the mail...

890264BD-6322-4CC8-A3B0-AAF086A050D9.jpeg

I didn't really notice that Avery was wearing an Ewok costume... I was too distracted by the sheikh's ATHLETE hoodie.   

A man of so many talents, Omar would've been lucky to marry him.

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I didn't really notice that Avery was wearing an Ewok costume... I was too distracted by the sheikh's ATHLETE hoodie.   

He could at least have put on a robe of some kind. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

Does anybody have any insight as to the muslim wedding that we witnessed? Is that the typical wedding?

I went to one as a child and it was really nice (done at home so very small and simple). The couple sat on the floor and ate yogurt and then honey off each other's fingers at certain parts. Both participated equally. She was Irish American Catholic and he was a Syrian Muslim. Then they had a more Western wedding a few months later.

3 hours ago, kacesq said:

I remain so frustrated with Avery's mom.  She whips back and forth between "I hate this, I want Avery to come home and dump Omar who is just using her" to "What? You can't get married today?  Let's race to the court and get approval and race to the sheikh and get married right now!"  It's mind-boggling. 

I think Avery was really promiscuous and wild and her mother just wants to get her married off to a dr (or some other respectable, educated guy who will have a career) and out of her hair. But wants them to live in the US.

2 hours ago, magemaud said:

or as Avery pronounces it, Schick, like the razors. 

Isn't it actually pronounced "shake"?

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

He could at least have put on a robe of some kind. 

Absolutely, especially after they made Avery, who was already covered head to toe, with her "bedazzled hijab" (as one of the guy on Pillow Talk called it) and needed to be further covered by the Obi Wan Kenobi costume.   

Can anyone say,  "Double standard"?

• Love 9

Omar has zero personality. Directly after getting married and walking out of the room: "I'm hungry".  Oh, Omar. You hopeless romantic, you! Get ready for an exciting life, rebel Avery. As long as you keep your mouth shut, cook, clean, have babies and don't argue with your master then your life will be golden. 

Tom is a gaslighting POS. I think Darcy batshit crazy but he took advantage of his miserable mood by telling her she blew it by not going on vacation where he wanted to go. Because , you know, that's where his parents got engaged and he was feeling some kind of way about maybe becoming engaged to Darcy in the same location. Bullshit, Tom! He had no intention of proposing to poor, desperate Darcy. Now he has her feeling guilty for no reason. He's been pouting and bitching all the way around Albania. He was just telling her a few episodes ago he wanted to take it slow and get to know each other. Well done, Tom. Very well done. He actually comes out smelling like a rose while leaving Darcy in a pile of tears. How is he any different than Jesse?

Rebecca, isn't she a private investigator by profession? Yet, she did no investigating herself? I call shennanigans with that whole story.  

Tim is the strangest. Are we sure he's not a virgin?  He did have that live in girlfriend from Colombia that dumped him so I can't figure out what his deal is. I happen to like Jennifer and think she's beautiful and from what we have seen a pretty good mom.  She wants to get laid. Nothing wrong with that.

Angela is nuts. She's not getting pregnant. She's 53. She could never afford IVF so that is out of the question. Even if she still gets her period (I had mine until I was 54), her eggs are most likely no good. She better listen to Mykull's momma and let him fuck some young chick because mama Mykull wants a grandkid!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Absolutely, especially after they made Avery, who was already covered head to toe, with her "bedazzled hijab" (as one of the guy on Pillow Talk called it) and needed to be further covered by the Obi Wan Kenobi costume.   

Can anyone say,  "Double standard"?

And she did love both modest and lovely in her bedazzled hijab. At least I thought so. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Nancy Drew - LOL!  

I also love it every time she says "technically married".  That is like being "technically pregnant".  You either are or you aren't.  I could buy "not officially divorced yet", but "technically married" sounds like she is in denial.

I also agree that her lies and omissions and extreme photo filtering are worse than Zied possibly not ever having had a job.   I like it when the 2 "soulmates" are conning each other.  It allows us to mock them both, while not feeling bad for anyone.  

Ugh, I have SO many questions about her first import, the Moroccan.

Did she use her magical filter apps when she landed him?  Did she bother to do a background check on him?  Did she have coffee mugs with his picture emblazoned on them?  Did she have his pictures all over her walls, too?  Did she use magic light ring to video chat with him?  Did she crochet him a scarf as she did for Zied?  Did she buy him clothes as she did with Zied?  Did she send him money as she did with Zied?  Did he, too, upon meeting make the comment that "Rebecca not like pictures...but beautiful" like Zied?

I'm tellin' ya, the curiosity struggle is REAL...I want more details on her relationship with the first dude!!!  😄  

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Her face reminds me of one of those talking apples or one of these.....

clock-cookie-jar_frnt.jpg

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Akinki  was wearing dollar sign shoes for a reason.

D58BB01D-50AD-49B6-A281-1A3D14062905.jpeg

Right.  And, um, when he's dry broke and you are his wife, then guess what?   

Does she not understand how time works, aka in a forward direction?

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Ugh, I have SO many questions about her first import, the Moroccan.

Did she use her magical filter apps when she landed him?  Did she bother to do a background check on him?  Did she have coffee mugs with his picture emblazoned on them?  Did she have his pictures all over her walls, too?  Did she use magic light ring to video chat with him?  Did she crochet him a scarf as she did for Zied?  Did she buy him clothes as she did with Zied?  Did she send him money as she did with Zied?  Did he, too, upon meeting make the comment that "Rebecca not like pictures...but beautiful" like Zied?

I'm tellin' ya, the curiosity struggle is REAL...I want more details on her relationship with the first dude!!!  😄  

I almost forgot my most burning question!

Did she also audition for this shitshow with The Moroccan but didn't make the cut???

Inquiring minds want to know, dammit.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Useful 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

But Florian is younger and "hotter"! 

And where are these two girls and all the others on the show who are supporting all these foreigners getting the money?  It can’t be enough to support everyone, if it’s from the show.  I don’t get it.  Angela too.  It cost lots of money to fly back and forth and buy cigarettes for $11 a pack.  Why do all these models look like they need a good meal and a bath?

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

And she did love both modest and lovely in her bedazzled hijab. At least I thought so. 

I agree.  I am not a fan of women being made to wear hijabs, but the garment was pretty and obviously modest.  IIRC, Omar rejected a similar, but slightly more form fitting version in the wedding gown shop.  

I didn't mean to mock her dress, I just thought it was one of the funnier comments on Pillow Talk last night.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Silver Bells said:

And where are these two girls and all the others on the show who are supporting all these foreigners getting the money?  It can’t be enough to support everyone, if it’s from the show.  I don’t get it.  Angela too.  It cost lots of money to fly back and forth and buy cigarettes for $11 a pack.

Maybe going into debt to try to support them? Taking out a second mortgage, working two jobs, maxing out credit cards? Look at Ceasar if he is for real. Eating Ramen and borrowing money. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I agree.  I am not a fan of women being made to wear hijabs, but the garment was pretty and obviously modest.  IIRC, Omar rejected a similar, but slightly more form fitting version in the wedding gown shop.  

I didn't mean to mock her dress, I just thought it was one of the funnier comments on Pillow Talk last night.  

It was funny. 

4 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

My BEC, Avery, needs to step away from the katafi.

Girl's face gets rounder and more moon like as the season progresses.  If she's back in America before the end of this month, she could don an orange head wrap and look like a makeup laden pumpkin.

-----

So did I hear correctly and Rebecca's PI buddy mentioned Rebecca had sent Zied money in the past?

So at what point did her razor-sharp PI skills fail to realize he was a broke ass and probably not gainfully employed?  The denial and stupidity run deep in Nancy Drew Rebecca.  

Rebecca in next week's preview, "He's taking advantage of me!"......

Says the woman who failed to disclose she is bisexual and failed to disclose she is still "technically" married.

And filtered herself to the point of requiring dental records for identification.

-----

I loved carsick Tom being engulfed by Stage 5 Clinger Darcy on that bus as he tried to swish his mouth out with water.  

I'm going to love even more next week's scene of the Jessie Era Darcy, drunk off her ass, slurring, bitching, smoking, and wallowing around in self pity.

Somewhere Jesse is proudly putting on his hat of "I told you so!"  

And the tits!!!!’ They’re nearly hanging out of her top. The nipples might even make an appearance before the night is over!!!

Stomping her feet!!! “ It’s not FAIR”!!!’”ITS NOT FAIR?!!! She acts like a 3 yr old. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BallisticNikki said:
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

or as Avery pronounces it, Schick, like the razors. 

Isn't it actually pronounced "shake"?

From what I've read, that's the English pronunciation, but the Arabic pronunciation is more like "shee" with a back of the throat sound at the end (like German) 

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Perhaps he did. Wouldn't that be a great plot twist? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Directly after getting married and walking out of the room: "I'm hungry".  Oh, Omar.

You forgot the handshakes, first to the sheikh, then to very confused looking AVERY and then to and even more confused Teri. 

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Tim is the strangest. Are we sure he's not a virgin?  He did have that live in girlfriend from Colombia that dumped him so I can't figure out what his deal is. I happen to like Jennifer and think she's beautiful and from what we have seen a pretty good mom.

Maybe he's impotent? 

• Love 1