Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E20: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

(edited)
33 minutes ago, rehoboth said:

Cabernet not Cabaret??

My apologies.  So very sorry. I regret if the substance of the post was ruined by the n. 

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Because she has worked out a timing thing where she knows if she has to blow at 1pm she can drink at a certain time and it wont blow dirty for her she was explaining it to Andy how she got caught cause she didn't "time" it right that time which leads to everyone thinking she had done it before and got away with it... the woman has a drinking problem i have no doubt about that.... ANYONE who has to time when they can drink to beat a test has some kinda problem with the booze

Well I used to work at a police dept and the standard rule was 5 hours.  If you had a drink less than 5 hours before work you couldn't work.  So after a night of partying it was not unusual for officers to blow when they got to work.  So I am guessing she knows that and effed up.  I also think this was a regular occurrence with her and she got sloppy.

• Useful 6
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Yep, I thought the "big fat turnip" was really awful. Dorinda is a nasty piece of work.

LuAnn is the master of deflection.  It's hard to get her to take any responsibility without a "but..." 

She also needs to go back to Season 1 hair.  The long curls do not look good on her at all.  Needs to calm down on the fillers too b/c I think they are making her look masculine.  And that voice.  Say no to cigarettes folks!

Lu also looks better in less girlie clothes.  She would really look better in tailored clothing.  She would rock a tux but put her in ruffles/lace/stuff she has been wearing and it looks like a costume.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, rehoboth said:

Perhaps but Lu didn't know that it was later than expected - she didn't know what time it was.  She could have given Ramona a few minutes to go through her story.  She didn't because she wasn't even listening to Ramona. Or any of the others.  Luann was only listening for her name to pop up and if it appears that a segment is not going to be about her, her mind wanders off to other things related to herself.  I bet she was picturing herself up on stage, singing and tap dancing on the set of Chicago ...

What would a normal person do?  Like if you had to take meds at a certain time or were on probation and it required you to do a breathalizer where your freedom was threatened?  You can set a timer on a watch, ask a PA to alert you (for those on tv), whathaveyou.  She also could have put her gizmo behind the couch with Sonja's purse, they could have cut to another person while she blows into her thing, and no one would be the wiser.  She half asses her requirements UNLESS it gets her an audience.

• Love 13

I liked Barb after watching the reunion.  She was honest about her comments, dissing Lu.  She didn't try to obfuscate.  And she shouldn't have apologized -- she said the truth. 

Mean of Dorinda to say "turnip" -- she could have said "dandelion in a bouquet of roses" or something -- but turnip implies slow, dim-witted, no personality.  But I agree that Barb doesn't fit.  She actually works, she oversees projects, deals with employees, taxes, etc.  I would have liked to see her in that surrounding, see how she handles conflict, how she treats her employees.

Why do these women even bother with spray tans?  I thought the tan look was out of fashion.  If you have a freckle or uneven skin tone to cover up, use something that matches your skin.

There's no hope for Lu.  She crawled up Carole's ass, wanting to be close to a "princess", and then she bangs a waiter because she thinks he looks like Johnny Depp.  He didn't look like Depp -- he looked a little bit like Depp at Jack Sparrow -- huge difference.  So shallow, she'll never see herself the way others see her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

I think it was pretty bad for Ramona, Dorinda, Sonja and Tinsley to berate Lu about her sobriety when I think they all have problems with alcohol or as Lu would say, "Olcohol".

I felt sorry for Barbara and I think she seems like a cool person.  If she is not asked back next year she should count herself lucky.

• Love 17
14 hours ago, suzyq8017 said:

I saw a reunion from a few years ago that was aired earlier today and if I ever want any plastic surgery, I need Bethenny’s person. Her work is phenomenal. I never even thought she needed it, but whatever she did is impressive. 

Right?  What exactly was done to her face?  Do they shave down the jawline?  Those jaws were huge!  I remember her having her dad's jawline but I was taken aback by those old scenes.  

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Neurochick said:

As far as her being cast in Chicago, that's called stunt casting.  

Also..."Chicago" casts a lot of celebs to get fannies in the seats and generally speaking, these casting choices aren't professional actors. Case in point...Christie Brinkley was cast in Chicago. Not exactly the next Gwen Verdon or Chita Rivera.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

On The View Ana Navarro was talking about being at some event and her husband was sitting beside Luann.  Her husband had no idea who Luann is and when it was over, her husband told Ana that the woman sitting beside him (Luann) talked about nothing but Caberet. 

It’s really funny when Lu talks about Cabaret, she gets this far away dreamy look on her face like she’s doing Romeo & Juliette at the Met, and she’s Juliette.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Yep.  I feel the same way.  I’m watching Below Deck right now.  At least the scenery is nice and food interesting.  I didn’t read all the posts yet, so did anyone hear who’s coming back and who’s out for next season?  These franchises are getting boring .. it’s the same ole thing.  I’m just interested in seeing how Shannon is doing on OC, but NOT VIKIE NEW FACE and old TAMRA with those bowling balls she’s wearing.   LVP brought a little class to the show, and I’ll miss her and her house and all the pink.  That’s it.

Girl we are on the same page. The thing with BD is that besides the crew, who are mostly fun, and the scenery you get new guests every week or two who are often crazy and fun to snark on! I'm also going to try OC again only to check on Shannon. Always have to ff thru Icky .

I've realized the only thing I really enjoyed on BH was Lisa's life. Without it there's no reason for me to watch. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Except Barbara had not a single legally valid argument. The judge said that he didn't like reality shows, but Bravo was completely in the right about everything. When a judge just says "nope!" to her entire argument, there's no point in Bravo trying to placate Barbara. However, I can believe that Bravo would tell Barbara that they were giving her a spot as a peace offering, but fully intending on embarrassing the shit out of her at every turn.

Didn't know it had been addressed in court.  Consider me informed.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

For the most part Barbara was treated like a social pariah by all of the women. She was not cool enough, pretty enough and they were not about to let her become part of the. "in crowd."  They showed an ugly nasty side of themselves. And Dorinda capped it off by referring to Dorinda as a big fat turnip in the fruit bowl. I would not to waste 10 minutes of my life with any of these women. Barbara run fast and don't look back. 

I think you meant Dorinda referred to Barbara as a turnip in a fruit bowl...anyway...I agree with your assessment of the way Barbara got treated. Ramona, Dorinda, Sonja and even Luann treated her like garbage. Just a bunch of mean spirited beat up old bitches. I thought Tinsley stayed out of the pile on and was decent to her for the most part. Dorinda has turned out to be the most obnoxious person there last night. She's just an awful person. I find it funny now Dorinda, Sonja and Ramona lecture LuAnn on her sobriety, or lack thereof, while all three of these women are borderline alcoholics themselves in denial! 

27 minutes ago, Raiderred said:

Right?  What exactly was done to her face?  Do they shave down the jawline?  Those jaws were huge!  I remember her having her dad's jawline but I was taken aback by those old scenes.  

She's had a lot of work done over a period of time...jaw shaved, chin shaved, eye lift and Botox...maybe fillers too.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, rehoboth said:

Cabernet not Cabaret??

1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

My apologies.  So very sorry. I regret if the substance of the post was ruined by the n. 

Oh, no!  Don't apologize!  (Not even sarcastically!)  I thought the n made it funnier, whether it was a typo or not.  It's much more logical that some poor unsuspecting man would've thought she was talking about wine all night, because who's nuts enough to go on and on for hours about cabaret?

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

Botox in the jaw.  Yep, botox.

But the jaw was pronounced and sticking out on both sides.  Where did it go?  I thought it was sanded down on both sides.

• Love 2
(edited)
54 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

I liked Barb after watching the reunion.  She was honest about her comments, dissing Lu.  She didn't try to obfuscate.  And she shouldn't have apologized -- she said the truth. 

Mean of Dorinda to say "turnip" -- she could have said "dandelion in a bouquet of roses" or something -- but turnip implies slow, dim-witted, no personality.  But I agree that Barb doesn't fit.  She actually works, she oversees projects, deals with employees, taxes, etc.  I would have liked to see her in that surrounding, see how she handles conflict, how she treats her employees.

Why do these women even bother with spray tans?  I thought the tan look was out of fashion.  If you have a freckle or uneven skin tone to cover up, use something that matches your skin.

There's no hope for Lu.  She crawled up Carole's ass, wanting to be close to a "princess", and then she bangs a waiter because she thinks he looks like Johnny Depp.  He didn't look like Depp -- he looked a little bit like Depp at Jack Sparrow -- huge difference.  So shallow, she'll never see herself the way others see her.

And when she banged the waiter she was cheating on Jacques...her live in boyfriend at the time. LuAnn, "Miss Etiquette" who wrote a book on manners, breaks almost every rule she claims to abide by. Cheating, drunken behavior in public, smack downs of friends behind their backs, lack of interest or any generosity towards others, etc. etc...And let me add...her hair and gown at this reunion were hideous. She looked like a beauty pageant discard. 

17 minutes ago, divsc said:

Hahahaha - 

Yes, I thought for sure we would get the answer to this!! 😂

She sounds like a mob boss.

Edited by kicksave
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

But the jaw was pronounced and sticking out on both sides.  Where did it go?  I thought it was sanded down on both sides.

Going from an increasingly poor memory here, but I'm thinking I read a long time ago that the Botox or whatever procedure she had done was to relax the muscle structure in her jaw, thereby softening the line.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, nexxie said:

I’ll bet she doesn’t allow Brynn to have boundaries when it comes to her.

I hope Bryn rebels the she's a teen...most teen girls have a mommy issue and flee to their Dads for love and attention. Fingers crossed.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, weaver said:

I was a bit surprised that Sonja's Adams Morgan daughter is not going to Yale, daddy's college.  Did Daddy not give a big enough contribution.  Penn is fine for others, but not sure it rises to the acceptable level of the Morgan family.

Penn is an excellent school and just as difficult to get into as Yale. Yale is not in a great area of New Haven...that might have been a factor for her decision not to attend Yale.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I think Lu has started wearing her hair longer and frillier outfits because she appears so masculine. She is tall, large boned, and has a deep voice. I wouldn’t be surprised if people unfamiliar with the show thought she was transgender. Sonja nicknaming her “LuMan” probably didn’t help. 

If Lu seriously thinks she has a shot at Broadway (hahahaha) her first step would be to actually take singing lessons!  She needs to learn proper breathing and enunciation (and how to pick a key and stay in tune)!

As for ego, I guess she REALLY needs to be knocked down since two failed marriages, a public arrest and two visits to rehab haven’t managed to cause her to drop the “Countess” behavior. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Lu sucks but I think she would be perfect as Mary Sunshine.  Plus that role only sings a couple lines I believe.  Doesn't Matron Mama Morton get a whole song?

Mary Sunshine requires someone who can act and sing (well).* If you've seen Luann's turn on Law & Order: SVU, it's pretty clear that Luann can't act. We're all in agreement about Luann's singing.

However, Mama Morton's song can be talk-sung. It's also a pretty forgiving role if the actor doesn't have much range.

1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I think Lu struggles to have human feelings.  She will show/say what she thinks is an appropriate response but it isn't genuine and I just don't think she is capable.  It is really to shut others up so she can get to talking about herself again.  I would like her to be cut from the cast and be replaced by Barbara.  

I was watching bits and pieces of season 5 and 6. Luann actually came off like a halfway normal person. She was still pretentious, but it didn't seem like she was incapable of being empathetic. There's something about splitting from Jacques, getting closer to 50 years old, and seeing Carole and Adam fall for each that just propels her into this nasty intractable space where she cannot be the least bit kind or forgiving. She was never great at it before, but she stops having any bandwidth for others.

I also think Bethenny scares the shit out of Luann. Luann only seems to care only about herself and all of her extra attention seems to be about warily watching for when Bethenny is going to strike.

2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I believe @HunterHunted began the deLUsional spelling which I agree is so apt. 

There are funny folks here. I've got to believe someone else has used this before me.

*"Well" being the word Billy Stritch continually excludes when he talks about Lu's singing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Raiderred said:

43 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

38 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Going from an increasingly poor memory here, but I'm thinking I read a long time ago that the Botox or whatever procedure she had done was to relax the muscle structure in her jaw, thereby softening the line.

Bethenny has said that she got masseter muscle botox, which makes sense. You inject the masseter muscle and slowly start to atrophy the muscle. It's cheaper and  not nearly as dangerous as jaw shaving. Jaw shaving has the potential to permanently impair a patient's ability to move their lower face and lips if the surgeon damages those facial muscles while removing them from the bone to shave the bone down or when reattaching those muscles. There are also some nerves that a surgeon needs to take care to not damage during jaw shaving. The places that do it best are South Korea, Thailand, and physicians who specialize in male to female feminization surgery.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Bethenny has said that she got masseter muscle botox, which makes sense.

She also insta'd when she got filler for the tissue excised for skin cancer on her face.  So she has had that done as well.  Not sure it qualifies as cosmetic but it was the cheek and undereye area.

• Love 2

Am I the only one that thought screaming and piling onto someone having to deal with what Lu is dealing with is beyond the pale?

I kinda don't really care what people think of Lu personally. So what, she's self absorbed? Whatev.  As long as she's not coming for my family, my kids, my financial security then I could give two fucks if she's not running around kissing asses and making sure others sensitivities are met.

I guess it's an unpopular opinion to let petty shit go when REAL life dilemma's creep into someone's life. I mean who cares if Lu isn't really retaining information like where someone's daughter is attending college? At this stage in the game Lu's trying to keep from reaching for a glass/bottle of wine. (Even if she slips she's still saddled with all drama and trying to get through her days) Why is it so wrong for her to be out of touch for a while? I for one wouldn't be harping on a friend of mine to "remember birthday's, make phone calls, track thank you's etc. etc." when I know they're trying to figure shit out. Just because what Lu is doing seems like no big deal and very non chalant doesn't mean it still isn't taking everything out of her. I truly believe that the aloofness, although a part of her normal bag of tricks, is also true Lu demeanor and also how she keeps from crumbling completely.

I'm the same way. I'm very push forward, nothings different, everythings fabulous because I know the minute I allow myself to reflect on things that are so overwhelming I will end up in a fetal position in the corner with my thumb in my mouth. So if I have to be airy, easy, peasy, darrrrrrlllinnnngggg in order to hold it together than welp, deal with it. It's also not an invitation to think I'm not panicked or regretful or disillusioned on the inside.  I loath people who demand public displays of remorse, regret, humility, humbleness etc. etc. especially when it's done at someone's most vulnerable moments.

Look I know Lu has made a big mess of things but I can't possibly be the only who was absolutely amazed at how ALL of the women were talking over each other and wouldn't let Lu finish a sentence with cutting in, cutting each other off and basically derailing the original question into 4/5 different Luann talking points.  It' was absolute mayhem for about 2 minutes. Annnnnnddd it happened more than once where Lu would try to explain and immediately was cut off with some snarky comment, challenge by some ridiculous "standard of friendship" she wasn't meeting. 

This situation has exacerbated Lu's already self absorbed tendencies OBVIOUSLY. So I'm still wondering what kind of people put such demands on someone who is stumbling through such an ordeal. Ramona yelling at her how she failed herself? Yelling at her because she didn't use rehab the right way. I mean, whether or not you agree with how Lu's handling her predicament it really isn't for anyone, let alone 5 harping hags to be surrounding her with all this criticism, cruelness and petty retalitation for slights that middle schoolers have an easier time to let pass.  I wish they would stop trying to CHANGE Lu. I find the idea of wanting a person to change very offensive. At a certain point and people of a certain age are just WHO THEY ARE. When  you reach certain milestones all you can do is grown from experience but expecting people to CHANGE is just ridiculous.

Lu's unfortunate circumstances have dialed her natural characteristics up to 10 and they are that much more nagging those around her. I get it. What troubles me is that of all times for Lu to be allowed to be self centered it should be now. I'm so confused about why on earth would these women think that now OF ALL TIMES should be the time to hold Lu's feet to the fire regarding shit such as names, dates, occasions, events....??? Like really? If anything I would think it would be understandable that Lu's a bit off her self centered nut right now, now more than usual, fawning over her caberet cause that's what seems to keep her upbeat and positive (isn't that a good thing?) creating a buffer of "good vibes", temporary bliss, whatever the hell keeps her getting out of bed in the morning cause I can sure as hell believe it's a struggle for her to do just that. Why in the world are these women taking such minor fucking issues to such a heightened degree? All it reeked too me is trying to teach someone a lesson and I'm not for that. 

I'm all for deciding where a persons role is in your life. I'm for letting someone know how you feel about something. I'm about expressing disappointment but all within reason. At some point you gotta step away and go "it is what it is" and ya either gonna stick around and work with it or be done and keep shit superficial. I don't think it's anyone's right to stand over someone and try to beat whatever message you have into them just because you believe your right. Lu is Lu. For better or for worse. I don't get the constant barrage. At some point you have to decide to just leave it be.  What else is there? Bloody carnage? When is enough, enough? Hell I've already figure Lu out since season one. If you can't figure out how to manuveur around someone else's short comings and they've shown no improvement over time then...........

I just get sick of watching these women gang up on each other over childishness. Especially on this franchise when as bad as people feel about Lu her circumstances are very serious. Her being on a reality show doesn't automatically give the others carte blanche to rake her across the coals cause well "reality TV". Lu was right when she said that they brought up her cabaret more than she did. And she was right when she said that all they wanted to do was pick on her all the time about it. They made it constant she was just in her moment but the other women are the one's that turned it into such an ordeal that was suffocating them by constantly referring to it. But of course they constantly referred to it cause it then opened the discussion about Lu, her drinking, her court dates, her slips, her this her that... It was always used as a segue to have some sort of eyerolls around the table discussion bashing Lu. 

I find it ridiculous how offputting Lu is to these grown ass women. Not to say Lu can't be hard to take but honest to goodness who passed the age of 20 something doesn't know how to interact with people who are not the easiest to be around. Holy Moly!!!

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

I don't mind LuAnn's Cannot Sing Caberet hustle. Good for her that she snagged a part in Chicago. She has money issues and needs the income. Her Evine Shopping Network clothing line didn't work out and she is not going to be a nurse again. Most addicts are estranged from the truth so who knows what is happening with LuAnn in the sobriety department.

Dorinda is hurt when people do not acknowledge her help or generosity. In addition to her issues with alcohol, I suspect she has codependency issues as well. That bruise on her check may be from fillers. Have one myself.

Bethenny always seems ON. 

Ramona always brings the crazy. She is not all that interesting but seeing her mannerisms is like watching a train wreck. Would somebody please find her a husband? Ramona is someone who needs to be married. 

They did the one charity event. I miss the early seasons when more of the show featured the various charities and the HoWives adventures leading up to it. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

https://www.newbeauty.com/hottopic/blogpost/9440-bethenny-frankel-jaw-botox/

I hope the link works.  In Bethenny's own words, she attributes it to botox.  I know, it's amazing and very surprising that it made such a huge difference in her jawline.  I'm happy for her because she really had a whopper. 

Hmmm......IDK.  I recall back before B looked so different.  She actually had very large jowls.  It was distracting and I get why she had them fixed or whatever she calls it. 

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I can't believe the cold reception that announcement got from the other women.  Boy, they really don't like her, do they? I expected applause or cheering.  Yikes.

Well since the Chicago production took the time to put out a press release that she wasn't in fact hired, it seems appropriate. 

I mean what is worse not cheering on a "friend" who can't even be bothered to know the most basic of your current life happenings or being the "friend" who lies in effort to puff herself up and score points?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesix.com/2019/07/26/luann-de-lesseps-isnt-actually-joining-chicago/amp/

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)

I'm glad Bethenny addressed her comment about her daughter being a gift and that Tinsley doesn't have one. I don't think it was derogatory, just insensitive. I like her innocent little, "Oh did you catch what I said?" to Tinsley who was like uh yeah, but very gracious about it - well as much as she was allowed to get in any words!

However, I will say that the reunion was taped before that episode had even aired, so I give Bethenny props for bringing it up on her own and regretting that she said it once she heard how it sounded. In other words, she did this before any public backlash or chatter on twitter or message board comments. It probably was one of those things when she heard it out loud, thought yeah that was bad. Of course, she talked all over Tinsley, who was cut off saying how SHE felt when she heard that comment. But at least B did acknowledge and cringe when she heard how that sounded. I think it says a lot that out of all the remarks or things she regretted about the season or that made her cringe, this is the one she picked. So, at the end of the day, I do think B gets it. She kind of decided for Tinsley it was no big deal because she didn't mean it that way. B still did that, "I didn't like how it sounded" instead of a "I'm sorry if that felt ugh to hear" but - still pretty good she acknowledged that comment and that it made her cringe when she heard it. And Tinsley was very gracious about it.

I also like how Tinsley said she was a good house guest who makes her bed! Then I kind of missed the next part with the chatter - did Dorinda say she leaves makeup on the pillows or something? Or did I hear that wrong?

Edited by divsc
  • Love 7

Omgosh....

Luann joining cast of Chicago on Broadway? After their response today...I believe she has as much chance of that happening as Vicki G from OC actually getting a “spin off” with Tamra and Shannon...Tres Amigas..

They cannot stand the thought that their 15 minutes...is just that...15 minutes in the grand scheme of things...stop embarrassing yourselves to remain relevant or one up your cast in the moment!!! Geez!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, kicksave said:

think you meant Dorinda referred to Barbara as a turnip in a fruit bowl...anyway...I agree with your assessment of the way Barbara got treated. Ramona, Dorinda, Sonja and even Luann treated her like garbage. Just a bunch of mean spirited beat up old bitches. I thought Tinsley stayed out of the pile on and was decent to her for the most 

Barbara’s first act as on the show was to disinvite Dorinda, try to passive aggressively disinvite Ramona and Tinsley by telling Sonja that she was the only one who should come, insulted Tinsley, kept trying to fan the Dorinda/Lu fight and tried to suck up to B by putting the other women down. It wasn’t like she was putting herself out there in a friendly way to anyone but Lu and B.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

What was the part about Ramona running to get napkins or paper towels to put under Sonja?

Oh gross.  Instead of bullshitting around for a man, she better go see a Urologist and have her pee problem fixed.  Ramoaner too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Are they all coming back?  They usually say after the reunion, but this time didn’t.

Despite Bethenny's pontificating last year about knowing who is and isn't fired, they don't typically announce the cast until August or early September as they are doing preproduction for the season, which normal starts filming at the end of October.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

How can Dorinda (tearfully) tell Lu she wants to help her be a better person when she drinks, probably takes pills and calls people a turnip? 

I think Dorinda is mean. This is why I’ve never warmed to her. She gets even meaner when she drinks too much.

Ramona should learn to keep her mouth shut. Just because you have a thought doesn’t mean you should verbalize it. I could say the same thing about Bethenny. 

These women were unkind to Barbara. I didn’t buy the hug fest either. Too little, too late. 

I’m surprised Sonja didn’t pick nearly falling through a table drunk as her most cringe-worthy moment. 

• Love 16
11 hours ago, spazchic said:

I heard this as she is an early "peaker", meaning on a day they are all out drinking, she gets started early, peaks early and then passes out early while the rest are still just getting started.  They were talking about when they were all with Andy on the gay pride parade float and Dorinda had to go help Sonja because she peaked early (and then Tinsley shortly thereafter).

But Dorinda is the one who takes a nap (passes out) every day.

6 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Stage crew.

I thought by being in Chicago, she means if she fails her probation, she will be in her own jail cell. In her mind she's turned it into a Broadway production. Baloney sandwiches included.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Was this a reunion first? Never in all of the years of watching the Howives have I ever seen that the producers put up a statement as to what happened AFTER the reunion as with Lu's stricter sobriety requirements. And they have had PLENTY of opportunities to do that. Am I misremembering?

No I don't think it's been done before. I felt like the producers were trying to roast Lu by focusing on all her fuck ups, of which there were many, along with her many deluded, narcissistic episodes. It was like watching a passive aggressive intervention that never actually 'took'.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Despite Bethenny's pontificating last year about knowing who is and isn't fired, they don't typically announce the cast until August or early September as they are doing preproduction for the season, which normal starts filming at the end of October.

O.k.  Thanks.

(edited)

Poor Barb, I enjoyed her on the show.  None of the women have ever been accepting toward the newcomers.  She was interesting and different than the others.  At least she called more attention to herself and her books.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

THAT alone makes her deserve another season.  Jesus.  I would need LOTS of drugs.  Or at least a seat next to the really excited dude from I think the Xmas show.

Too bad we ALL couldn’t go together.  Wouldn’t that be a hoot?  We could sit in the front and yell “Jovanni” throughout the performance, then go to the Regency and maybe rub elbows with Tom, Red Scarf Guy and Rocco, hahahaha.  (Just took a painkiller for my back .. a little loopy). LMAO.  🤪🥴🤣🤩😎🥺🥴😹

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, howiveaddict said:

I thought by being in Chicago, she means if she fails her probation, she will be in her own jail cell. In her mind she's turned it into a Broadway production. Baloney sandwiches included.

Someone on Reddit said something like "When Lu failed her breathalyzer, her probation officer said Lu would soon be doing the Cellblock Tango, which Lu took to mean that she was cast in Chicago."

Can you believe it girls!

I'm sure now that Chicago has said that they never ironed out the details and Lu won't be in Chicago that Lu will claim that she didn't want to really do Chicago and short change her cabaret fans.

• LOL 11
  • Love 9
On 7/25/2019 at 8:22 PM, Neurochick said:

As far as her being cast in Chicago, that's called stunt casting.  

No it was delusions of grandeur.  

On 7/25/2019 at 8:47 PM, Neurochick said:

I don't think Luann is drinking on the side, I don't think she's taking her sobriety seriously.

She was though, she got busted for violating her probation with mimosas and also for not blowing into her device at her scheduled times.  Which you'd only not do if you weren't able to.  

On 7/25/2019 at 11:08 PM, Bronzedog said:

Welp, just learned something else disgusting about Sonja.  Dorinda was on WWHL and said Sonja is an "early pee-er."  I missed the whole story, but apparently, when Sonja starts towards a bathroom, she starts peeing before she gets there so they're always worried about her peeing on camera.

Dorinda was asked about the fight that Sonja and Tinsley had at Pride.  Dorinda said she was glad she left to go home early because Sonja is a "peak-to-sooner."  She said that when Sonja put her leg over the edge of the float and Tinsley collapsed on the floor, she knew it was time to head out.  Then at kind of the same time, Andy said that he was up on the top of the float dj-ing and that Dorinda came up to him and said that Sonja was a peak-to-sooner and had been drunk since first thing that am.  Dorinda said she came up to try to get a couple of minutes with Andy, and he told her to hang out with him, but she told him she had to go back down and take care of Sonja because she was hammered, as she'd started drinking early on and it was also 90 degrees out and things were falling apart.  There wasn't anything about peeing, though.  

15 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I can't believe the cold reception that announcement got from the other women.  Boy, they really don't like her, do they? I expected applause or cheering.  Yikes.

It's ok, she was lying, so it's not like anyone should feel bad about the reaction. 

15 hours ago, rehoboth said:

Perhaps but Lu didn't know that it was later than expected - she didn't know what time it was.  She could have given Ramona a few minutes to go through her story.  She didn't because she wasn't even listening to Ramona. Or any of the others.  Luann was only listening for her name to pop up and if it appears that a segment is not going to be about her, her mind wanders off to other things related to herself.  I bet she was picturing herself up on stage, singing and tap dancing on the set of Chicago ...

Lu really only thinks about herself.  She could have made arrangements for someone to notify her, I'm sure she had some sort of assistants there for the day, who could have waved when the time was getting close, or there was someone in production who could have let Andy know.  Or hell, tell Andy, so he could know.  

12 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I think Lu struggles to have human feelings.  She will show/say what she thinks is an appropriate response but it isn't genuine and I just don't think she is capable.  It is really to shut others up so she can get to talking about herself again.  I would like her to be cut from the cast and be replaced by Barbara.  

You can pretty much see the gears turn in Lu's brain when she realizes that she has to try to say something that is appropriate but it's going against her natural instinct.  She can sort of sense that this is the time where someone else would feel something, that this is the opening for her to have concern for a friend, care about their opinions, etc, and she is searching her brain for the right phrasing to try and use.  She doesn't get why people were upset with her, she can't figure out why they aren't there to support her.  When they all settled their differences, her response wasn't something along the lines of, I'm glad to have worked everything out, I didn't mean to be selfish and I love my friends.  It was "I'm glad to have my cheerleaders back"  It is ALL about her.  It always will be.

12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Lu is so arrogant and self-absorbed. I would not be surprised to learn that she continued to smoke cigarettes and consume ulcahul while she was pregnant with Victoria and Noel.

She'd simply tell you that they are European and people in Europe do things differently.  Having some wine here and there when you are pregnant is ok in Europe! (Or so someone said on the Potomac housewives this past weekend, I don't know)

12 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

What would a normal person do?  Like if you had to take meds at a certain time or were on probation and it required you to do a breathalizer where your freedom was threatened?  You can set a timer on a watch, ask a PA to alert you (for those on tv), whathaveyou.  She also could have put her gizmo behind the couch with Sonja's purse, they could have cut to another person while she blows into her thing, and no one would be the wiser.  She half asses her requirements UNLESS it gets her an audience.

Exactly.  You could ask someone in production to flag you down from behind the camera.  You could have Andy remind you.  Andy has an earpiece in, so have someone tell Andy, so he knows to call a break.  Hell, she yanked her cellphone out earlier, she could do what any number of other hos have done and tucked it under her leg, away from the camera.  All she would have to do is set an alarm, put it on vibrate and she'd have been good.  If she set it like 15 mins early and then let Andy know, she could have waited for an opening and then said quietly, "it's time" and they could have taken a break.  Nope, this had to be about her.  

11 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

When you have severe TMJ, the masseter muscle gets WAY overdeveloped.  It's like any other muscle, and it changes shape.  I have major TMJ issues and I've had 2 procedures on my jaw (do NOT recommend), multiple nightguards, PT, and have even snapped a nightguard in half within a week of getting it, because of how much I clench my teeth.  My face shape has changed dramatically, I am way more squared off than I used to be, and it's because of the masseter muscles.  Botox paralyzes the muscle and without it being used, it atrophies and shrinks.  It's on my bucket list once I have the rest of the problem under control.  

2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Someone on Reddit said something like "When Lu failed her breathalyzer, her probation officer said Lu would soon be doing the Cellblock Tango, which Lu took to mean that she was cast in Chicago."

Can you believe it girls!

I'm sure now that Chicago has said that they never ironed out the details and Lu won't be in Chicago that Lu will claim that she didn't want to really do Chicago and short change her cabaret fans.

Lu has apparently been trying to get cast in Chicago for a decade now.  The show, however, wants nothing to do with her after her last few years of drama.  Lu is the one claiming that they couldn't work things out due to scheduling, it's her way of backpedaling out of the announcement she made when she had no deal at all.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, smores said:

Lu has apparently been trying to get cast in Chicago for a decade now. 

Which is the answer to the question of whether Luann is in on the joke. 10 years? 10 years????? Has this woman truly been that delusional about her talents or lack there of for a decade? 

• Love 12
22 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Penn is an Ivy. Nothing shabby about Penn. maybe Quinn wants to be her own person. 

As as far as Chicago, there’s a role in the musical that is specific to stunt casting. Rinna has done it and so has Kandy (she can sing though). I read this morning that “Chicago on Broadway” put out a statement that Luann has NOT been cast in the production. 

There is nothing shabby about Penn unless you are an East Coast WASP with a pedigree going back to John Quincy Adams, etc.  Then its Yale, Harvard, or Princeton.  If you aren't bright enough, there are some acceptable lower level schools that cater to less academic or party types.  

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, weaver said:

There is nothing shabby about Penn unless you are an East Coast WASP with a pedigree going back to John Quincy Adams, etc.  Then its Yale, Harvard, or Princeton.  If you aren't bright enough, there are some acceptable lower level schools that cater to less academic or party types.  

Is it Penn State or UPenn?  Either way, they are good schools. If Sonja's daughter had wanted to go to Harvard, Yale or Princeton...Old Man Morgan could have built a library or made a sizable donation before all the college bribery scandals.

I would not worry, Quinn will have to work hard at any school she attends. If it is UPenn I stand a chance to run in to Sonja in Philadelphia, I am in the city a lot, how fun would that be?!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, smores said:

Lu has apparently been trying to get cast in Chicago for a decade now.  The show, however, wants nothing to do with her after her last few years of drama.  Lu is the one claiming that they couldn't work things out due to scheduling, it's her way of backpedaling out of the announcement she made when she had no deal at all.  

I think she was banking on well she has a “successful” 5min singing cabaret show and announcing it in front of the girls while doing a “comeback” from her “troubles” the producers of Chicago would be stupid not to take her. She thought wrong 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, smores said:

You can pretty much see the gears turn in Lu's brain when she realizes that she has to try to say something that is appropriate but it's going against her natural instinct.  She can sort of sense that this is the time where someone else would feel something, that this is the opening for her to have concern for a friend, care about their opinions, etc, and she is searching her brain for the right phrasing to try and use.  She doesn't get why people were upset with her, she can't figure out why they aren't there to support her.  When they all settled their differences, her response wasn't something along the lines of, I'm glad to have worked everything out, I didn't mean to be selfish and I love my friends.  It was "I'm glad to have my cheerleaders back"  It is ALL about her.  It always will be.

So much this. You are so right, you can practically see Luann grasping for a human response... and always missing the mark. Part of me almost feels bad for her, because I actually think she is missing a chip and really isn't capable. She almost seems to have some kind of mindblindness, where it just doesn't register for her to hear the other person and relate or see it from anyone else's perspective or feelings. Her response every. single. time. is to bring it back to herself or some variation of "well I was hurt too." Or "Well I was really suffering."

You can tell why after years and years of this, it drives the other women absolutely batty. You keep thinking, every time, that she will respond with something human or just normal or geez, just ACKNOWLEDGE what the other person is saying... and sometimes she gets so close, you hold your breath.....then she promptly destroys any good will by turning it back to herself and/or victim status. Ramona is going to give herself CTE from all the hits to her own head she does to herself every time Luann speaks! It's so obvious to everyone else what any appropriate response would be, but it goes right over Luann's head.

Every time I watch Luann, it's like she needs a communication/empathy intervention. You almost want someone to teach her basic polite social skills, like here Luann, let's role play. This person says this to you, what would your response be? And Luann would response, and then you would say, let's try this and give another sample response, and then be like, "Now Luann, do you see how that response showed understanding and support? What did yours show? How do you think that would make the other person feel?"

I'm sure she still wouldn't get it, but it's almost like she really really needs to hear a few "better" responses modeled for her and have remedial help in showing what she does instead. I don't think she's a bad or malicious person - I really think she doesn't even know that she does it. But time after time of dealing with a person like that is exhausting - there is no reciprocation of empathy or any real connection.

Edited by divsc
  • LOL 1
  • Love 23