Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E20: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Lu probably went into nursing to get her Mrs Dr.  I'm a nurse and know of many who have done that.  They don't care if the Dr is already married.  Then Lu went on to modeling.  Always looking for the next best thing, look how fast she dumped her fiance when she met the Count.

It's abundantly clear that Luann became a nurse to meet doctors. She's not remotely caring, empathetic, or nurturing.

I'm genuinely curious about what Luann would have told her live in boyfriend, Roberto, who she left for the Count had Roberto not been away on business. "Roberto, il mio amore. Vado in farmacia a comprare le sigarette."* And then never come back.

*I used google translate so to the best of my knowledge this is supposed to be a translation of "Roberto, my love. I'm going to the pharmacy to buy cigarettes."

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It's abundantly clear that Luann became a nurse to meet doctors. She's not remotely caring, empathetic, or nurturing.

I'm genuinely curious about what Luann would have told her live in boyfriend, Roberto, who she left for the Count had Roberto not been away on business. "Roberto, il mio amore. Vado in farmacia a comprare le sigarette."* And then never come back.

*I used google translate so to the best of my knowledge this is supposed to be a translation of "Roberto, my love. I'm going to the pharmacy to buy cigarettes."

She probably wouldn't have said anything.  Likely she would have just ghosted him.  

• Love 11
10 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

This reunion bored me to tears.  I was especially tired of having to watch B wiggle her ass into the camera.

I like Lu.  I’m not convinced she’s an alcoholic.  After the season she had with Tom, the lightning divorce due to his cheating, and her arrest, I can see why she’d turn to something.  I hope she returns and the ladies give her a break next season.  She’s earned it.  She’s carried this show for 3 seasons.

I don’t like Tinsley......I don’t know why.  

Love this franchise.

I don't think Lu is either but with all this harping on her and so many trying to convince her that she is I'm afraid she may end up more frazzled than she was when her ordeal started. It may even cause her to get worse and not better. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

New York is the ONLY franchise I watch. 

I tried RHOBH for a few weeks because I was excited for Denise Richards. And I still like her. But oh my god.  I'm sorry. It's so terrible.  I gave up forever.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 7/27/2019 at 3:21 PM, gingerella said:

Not sure where this mindset comes from but Penn is amongst the Ivys you mention, not apart from it. In fact ,Penn bills itself as an Ivy education without the Ivory Tower, but is an Ivy nonetheless. YMMV...

Penn is Ivy, so are Dartmouth, Brown, Columbia.   There is no problem getting a job if you graduate from any of these schools.  My point was that in her social set as far as prestige goes, Harvard, Yale and Princeton stand above.   

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

So true.  My brother-in-law (my sister doesn’t read this) drank EVERY NIGHT, vodka, then, wine, then beer, then went to sleep. Never got obnoxious, never fell down, always went to work.  Still I’d say he was an alcoholic.  He died in his seventies of dementia.

How sad...I’m sorry...I can relate..

my father ended up in coma due to having nearly a pint of blood IN has stomach...as in “digesting”... turns out so much guzzling alcohol bunt hole in his esophagus causing him to ingest blood...sorry OT...

however...made me think about the possibility that NYC ppl can be alcoholics (not even functioning) because they rarely drive! ...and that is where...IMO...a lot of ppl get caught...EVENTUALLY...I heard a person who gets a DUI on average drives drunk 54 times before getting caught 😕

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Shellbell59 said:

How sad...I’m sorry...I can relate..

my father ended up in coma due to having nearly a pint of blood IN has stomach...as in “digesting”... turns out so much guzzling alcohol bunt hole in his esophagus causing him to ingest blood...sorry OT...

however...made me think about the possibility that NYC ppl can be alcoholics (not even functioning) because they rarely drive! ...and that is where...IMO...a lot of ppl get caught...EVENTUALLY...I heard a person who gets a DUI on average drives drunk 54 times before getting caught 😕

Hmmm .. you are right.  N.Y. People mostly don’t have cars in the city.  Good point.  Sorry about your Father .. that’s terrible.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, weaver said:

Penn is Ivy, so are Dartmouth, Brown, Columbia.   There is no problem getting a job if you graduate from any of these schools.  My point was that in her social set as far as prestige goes, Harvard, Yale and Princeton stand above.   

I’ve always been confused...

is “Penn” the moniker for Penn State?..or University of Pennsylvania (college w/ Ivy League status)?

44 minutes ago, Shellbell59 said:

is “Penn” the moniker for Penn State?..or University of Pennsylvania (college w/ Ivy League status)?

Penn is University of Pennsylvania; it's the Ivy. Penn State is Penn State (Pennsylvania State University); it's not an Ivy.

• Love 2

I don't think Barbara fits with this group of women but I do think Dorinda and Ramona were unnecessarily harsh with Barbara. Dorinda is the one that instigated the conversation with Barbara in her apartment and takes it as being disrespectful to her in her own home when Barbara told her what she believed to be the truth.

What I love about the NYC women in general is to that no matter how angry they are with each other, you still have moments of lightness because you can tell most of them are interconnected with one another....well except for Tinsley.

I think a big part of Lu's lack of self-awareness has to do with her needing to constantly explain her feelings at the detriment of truly acknowledging someone else's. I can see why she felt the women were hating on her because of the cabaret because they always called her out when she mentioned 'cabaret'. When the women finally explained that they were annoyed with constantly hearing about her cabaret because she always made it about herself and took little care in asking about the others, she acknowledged she was an asshole and that she was only thinking of herself and not giving to others, but then I think she mentioned at least once more that SHE felt it was about the cabaret. She always feels the need to focus on her rationale for her feelings but sometimes no matter how innocent your intentions may be or how misunderstood you were, you just gotta acknowledge that you hurt someone you love and focus on how you made them feel rather than defend the place you were coming from.

I do think Dorinda had a genuine love for Lu. Dorinda fights dirty and I don't think anyone is spared when she's angry or feels slighted by someone but I do think she was genuine in wanting to rekindle her friendship with Lu. I also think Bethenny and Lu have a softness for each other as well. This wasn't an explosive reunion that was filled with a ton of a drama but I somehow still found it enjoyable.

• Love 8
On 7/28/2019 at 9:56 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I am aware of what UPenn is, I was unclear if (all the women talking over each other) she said Penn State or UPenn.  My point was if the school of choice was UPenn then I would stand a chance to bump in to Sonja in Rittenhouse Sq. in Center City.

They just said "Penn".  Then Bethanny yelled UPenn.  I think what PP was saying is that when people just say "Penn" it means UPenn.  Penn State is just that "Penn State".  They don't go by simply "Penn".

1 hour ago, Shellbell59 said:

UPenn is Penn

• Love 3
On 7/26/2019 at 11:06 PM, smores said:

No it was delusions of grandeur.  

She was though, she got busted for violating her probation with mimosas and also for not blowing into her device at her scheduled times.  Which you'd only not do if you weren't able to.  

Dorinda was asked about the fight that Sonja and Tinsley had at Pride.  Dorinda said she was glad she left to go home early because Sonja is a "peak-to-sooner."  She said that when Sonja put her leg over the edge of the float and Tinsley collapsed on the floor, she knew it was time to head out.  Then at kind of the same time, Andy said that he was up on the top of the float dj-ing and that Dorinda came up to him and said that Sonja was a peak-to-sooner and had been drunk since first thing that am.  Dorinda said she came up to try to get a couple of minutes with Andy, and he told her to hang out with him, but she told him she had to go back down and take care of Sonja because she was hammered, as she'd started drinking early on and it was also 90 degrees out and things were falling apart.  There wasn't anything about peeing, though.  

It's ok, she was lying, so it's not like anyone should feel bad about the reaction. 

Lu really only thinks about herself.  She could have made arrangements for someone to notify her, I'm sure she had some sort of assistants there for the day, who could have waved when the time was getting close, or there was someone in production who could have let Andy know.  Or hell, tell Andy, so he could know.  

You can pretty much see the gears turn in Lu's brain when she realizes that she has to try to say something that is appropriate but it's going against her natural instinct.  She can sort of sense that this is the time where someone else would feel something, that this is the opening for her to have concern for a friend, care about their opinions, etc, and she is searching her brain for the right phrasing to try and use.  She doesn't get why people were upset with her, she can't figure out why they aren't there to support her.  When they all settled their differences, her response wasn't something along the lines of, I'm glad to have worked everything out, I didn't mean to be selfish and I love my friends.  It was "I'm glad to have my cheerleaders back"  It is ALL about her.  It always will be.

She'd simply tell you that they are European and people in Europe do things differently.  Having some wine here and there when you are pregnant is ok in Europe! (Or so someone said on the Potomac housewives this past weekend, I don't know)

Exactly.  You could ask someone in production to flag you down from behind the camera.  You could have Andy remind you.  Andy has an earpiece in, so have someone tell Andy, so he knows to call a break.  Hell, she yanked her cellphone out earlier, she could do what any number of other hos have done and tucked it under her leg, away from the camera.  All she would have to do is set an alarm, put it on vibrate and she'd have been good.  If she set it like 15 mins early and then let Andy know, she could have waited for an opening and then said quietly, "it's time" and they could have taken a break.  Nope, this had to be about her.  

When you have severe TMJ, the masseter muscle gets WAY overdeveloped.  It's like any other muscle, and it changes shape.  I have major TMJ issues and I've had 2 procedures on my jaw (do NOT recommend), multiple nightguards, PT, and have even snapped a nightguard in half within a week of getting it, because of how much I clench my teeth.  My face shape has changed dramatically, I am way more squared off than I used to be, and it's because of the masseter muscles.  Botox paralyzes the muscle and without it being used, it atrophies and shrinks.  It's on my bucket list once I have the rest of the problem under control.  

Lu has apparently been trying to get cast in Chicago for a decade now.  The show, however, wants nothing to do with her after her last few years of drama.  Lu is the one claiming that they couldn't work things out due to scheduling, it's her way of backpedaling out of the announcement she made when she had no deal at all.  

You could also see how delighted she was when she would see her herself perform in the monitor.  It TRULY was Narcissus watching himself in his reflection and falling in love.   

• Love 18
On 7/28/2019 at 2:07 AM, HunterHunted said:

Lu: And can someone get me a cocktail?

Patient: Nurse...I still don't feel well.

Lu: Can you believe it Golden Girls! Dr. Drake just asked me to marry him.

Other nurse: Is that married Dr. Drake?

Lu: I don't know. I can't be expected to remember every detail.

Other nurse: <mutters> Like a wedding ring?

Lu: What was that?

Patient groans in pain.

Lu: Quiet you. I don't know why you can't just be happy for me.

Other nurse: Maybe it's because you wear a sexy nurse costume instead of your scrubs, blow him 3 times everyday, and you're terrible at your job. Luann, your patient!

Patient: softly moans "Help."

Lu: You are so right. It is hard to find good help around here. I'm still waiting on my cocktail and massage. I am a really patient person, but this is ridiculous.

Head nurse: What the hell is going on here? Luann, your patient? Your patient is dead.

Lu: At least she died knowing I'm happy. See you tomorrow ladies

Gold... pure gold @HunterHunted

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I don't think Lu is either but with all this harping on her and so many trying to convince her that she is I'm afraid she may end up more frazzled than she was when her ordeal started. It may even cause her to get worse and not better. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her. 

If most people think Lu is an alcoholic, then what are the rest of them?  For sure, Dorinda and Sonja are .. they just haven’t been caught YET.  Well, maybe Sonja got a dui.

• Love 5
On 7/28/2019 at 11:58 PM, HunterHunted said:

There are a lot of mean assed nurses. Trust me.

• Love 15
20 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

You could also see how delighted she was when she would see her herself perform in the monitor.  It TRULY was Narcissus watching himself in his reflection and falling in love.   

And Lu seems bewildered when others don’t feel the same way. It’s odd to her that other people don’t enjoy watching her talksing as much as she does. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Apparently Lu counted her eggs before they were hatched ~ the offer to appear in the Chicago musical fell apart. Luann would have been required to take vocal lessons and take part in rehearsals..... She and her team decided it was too much and either turned it down or the offer was rescinded..... 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Apparently Lu counted her eggs before they were hatched ~ the offer to appear in the Chicago musical fell apart. Luann would have been required to take vocal lessons and take part in rehearsals..... She and her team decided it was too much and either turned it down or the offer was rescinded..... 

I’m sayin the latter, rescinded.  I mean really.  Can she sing thru a whole song besides the ones she sings/talks thru already?   I don’t know how they all get the energy, but they don’t have to cook, clean, do laundry or shuttle kids all around and take care of a husband, so there you are.  Hobby time, lol.  Just rest up, get decked out and go to dinner and functions.  Right?

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

Is that true? I am laughing my head off. I can totally picture Lu sputtering, gobsmacked, “Vocal lessons? Why would you require that I take vocal lessons? Do you have any idea how many cabaret shows I have done? How many tickets I’ve sold? [pause] Do you even know who I am?”

And taking part in rehearsals. Geez. Then when is she supposed to have time to drink?

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

Personally, I think every single one of the NYHW's is a petty, nasty, miserable drunk.  I wouldn't choose any of them to be my friend.  Thanks, but no thanks. 

Not one of them was willing to put their damn drinks down in order to make it a little easier for their "friend" who "supposedly" is trying to quit drinking at least until her probation is over with.  What kind of person does that?  With friends like that, who needs an enemy? 

They all seem intent upon proving what horrid human beings they are, who are so wrapped up in themselves there's no room for anyone or anything else. 

After watching this season, it's hard to have any respect for them.  They really are not nice people.  Certainly no one I'd care to share any kind of personal secret with. 

Lord, if that's what money turns a person into, then I just wanna be church mouse poor.  Amen.  

• Love 9
(edited)
On 7/28/2019 at 10:15 PM, ButterQueen said:

This reunion bored me to tears.  I was especially tired of having to watch B wiggle her ass into the camera.

I like Lu.  <snipped for space>

I don’t like Tinsley......I don’t know why.  

Love this franchise.

I love this whole post.  I too was bored to tears (when I wasn't picking my jaw off the floor at the Andy and Bethenny Hour).  Yeah...seeing Bethenny get up and wiggle her ass in Luann's face while Bethenny's own face had this bizarre look on it like she was one of those dinner guests in Bettlejuice made to dance against their own will...did something to me.  It made me strongly dislike her more.  She knows better.  Her face is saying it.  But all attention must be on Bethenny or there will be hell to pay by the minions.  I thought that another time during another installation of the reunion, when Bethenny stood up in response to something, I think, Ramona was saying.  Bethenny was pretending to be a ref, and she was giving points to Ramona and I just felt like, once again, she is standing up to show everyone how good she thinks she looks in her dress.  If you have a good body, it will speak for itself.  Not for Queen B though.  She has to scream it from the rooftops or it never happened.

I don't like Tinsley either! She is kind of 180 degrees away from Bethenny, but I don't like her because I don't respect her.  She kind of acts like she's 12.  She was recently on a talk show with Dale, and her mom outed her as not telling the truth, and Tinsley was like, "Ma-au-um!" In the way that she does, and I was like, what, are we supposed to think this is...cute?  Not in your 40s hun.  Tinsley doesn't strike me as smart or strong.  I am aware that she attended Columbia University, but I don't see it.  People can regress, especially when alcohol is involved.  Didn't her mom bring her on Dr Phil?  I'm really not here for that Kim Richards-level shit.  

Don't a lot of people complain that Luann is slow on the uptake?  I can't really be worried about that when Tinsley can't get out of her own way.  Sonja (I think it was Sonja) asked Tinsley if she moved out of her hotel in January, and Tinsely was like, "I did not move out of my hotel in January!  I moved out in January, and I moved into a better suite in May!"  Pardon me for using my powers of deduction, but...you did move out in January, by your own word.  You gotta be quicker on the uptake if you want to make it on RHONYC.  Say the truth!  Admit you moved out, if it's true, say you spent the early spring in Palm Beach, because New York is cold and you don't like to be there at that time, and you moved into a bigger, better suite in May.  Any other questions?  That's how you own a reunion and show everyone you have money IMO.  I also think it's kind of pathetic that her mom has power over her money.  That was Tinsley's purported reason for moving into Sonja's townhouse in the beginning:  She was 40, and her mom was so worried about Tinsley's behavior and her mugshot that Dale put a freeze on the trust.  So much for independent wealth through Dior or handbags that sold in Asia. This trust fund stuff (that we can't talk about, because it makes Tinsley uncomfortable) is really not a world I relate to.  It's not really something I'm interested in, and I don't think this reality show is a good fit for her.

In short, I don't like how rattled Tinsley gets.  She tries to play at being demure and the pinnacle of manners and etiquette, but ask her one thing that is not in her play book, and she freaks out.  That's not pleasant.  

On 7/29/2019 at 12:40 PM, weaver said:

I completely agree. From my experience, Harvard, Yale, and Princeton stand (in that order) alone in the American mind.  They're definitely in the same league as Cornell, but Cornell doesn't have that same type of awe-inspiring name recognition, nor does UPenn.  I mean...the Patriots and the Jaguars are in the same league in the NFL.  It doesn't mean one isn't more highly regarded than the other.  I think Sonja's daughter should go wherever it suits her, and UPenn is one of the best schools in the country.  I just don't think it's the same as Harvard.  

I have also experienced a lot of frustration about the difference between UPenn and Penn State.  Quick aside:  when I was in high school, I got accepted to and was considering SUNY Binghamton and Penn State's State College campus, and when I would tell people who would ask, everyone freaked out that I got into Penn and encouraged me to go there as if it were life or death.  Turns out, there is rampant confusion between UPenn (Ivy League) and Penn State Main Campus (great state school).  I guess...good for Penn State alums who get to skate on the confusion, but I kind of wish I knew about this confusion before telling people I got into Penn State!  

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Blabbermouth me needed more space
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Claire Voyant said:

Personally, I think every single one of the NYHW's is a petty, nasty, miserable drunk.  I wouldn't choose any of them to be my friend.  

You know, I actually think Lu is usually a pleasant, stupid, content drunk. Which makes me wonder just how much ulcohul she must have consumed to become so enraged and belligerent in Florida. 

eta: Oops. I just remembered that recording of Lu yelling at someone on the phone while Evan is fondling caviar. Maybe drunk Lu is just adept at keeping it together when she’s more aware of the camera.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 7

I thought Bethenny standing up to wipe self-tanner off Barbara was pretty aggressive and rude. I mean yeah, the lady was orange, but was there really a need to stand up, walk over to her person, touch her body, and start rubbing it off. That felt like a bullying, mean girl move. I don't even like Barbara that much and it bothered me. I didn't think it was cute or funny at all. And I feel like it's one of those things when it's happening, I would be caught so off guard and probably laugh because I wouldn't process it fast enough, but then later be pissed I didn't immediately snap, get that wipe away from me and sit your ass back down.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Claire Voyant said:

Not one of them was willing to put their damn drinks down in order to make it a little easier for their "friend" who "supposedly" is trying to quit drinking at least until her probation is over with.  What kind of person does that?  With friends like that, who needs an enemy? 

They are such hypocrites, too.  They ragged on Lu for doing her cabaret because it puts her in clubs with drinking.  This show puts her in much closer quarters to alcohol and big drinkers than being on a stage at a club does.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, divsc said:

I thought Bethenny standing up to wipe self-tanner off Barbara was pretty aggressive and rude. I mean yeah, the lady was orange, but was there really a need to stand up, walk over to her person, touch her body, and start rubbing it off. That felt like a bullying, mean girl move. I don't even like Barbara that much and it bothered me. I didn't think it was cute or funny at all. And I feel like it's one of those things when it's happening, I would be caught so off guard and probably laugh because I wouldn't process it fast enough, but then later be pissed I didn't immediately snap, get that wipe away from me and sit your ass back down.

Me, too!! I would be shocked that someone was doing that to me. So shocked that I wouldn’t say anything. I would laugh nervously.

I think that’s why Tinsley doesn’t respond more articulately to their bizarre and completely inappropriate allegations. She is stunned. They are pulling this stuff out of their a- - es.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

So, what comes next?  BH finishes tonite, then OC, then N.Y. In the fall ?

Girl. Are you telling me that BH is STILL going? I mean, how??? I gave up months ago, but am gobsmacked that the season is still running.

1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I don't like Tinsley either! She is kind of 180 degrees away from Bethenny, but I don't like her because I don't respect her.  She kind of acts like she's 12.  She was recently on a talk show with Dale, and her mom outed her as not telling the truth, and Tinsley was like, "Ma-au-um!" In the way that she does, and I was like, what, are we supposed to think this is...cute?  Not in your 40s hun.  Tinsley doesn't strike me as smart or strong.  I am aware that she attended Columbia University, but I don't see it.  People can regress, especially when alcohol is involved.  Didn't her mom bring her on Dr Phil?  I'm really not here for that Kim Richards-level shit.  

I wouldn't say that I don't LIKE Tinsley. She's perfectly nice. But, she bugs. I have zero respect for her and I'd have a hard time being around her.. She's also really boring on this show. Not Kristen of the nail polish launch and shitty husband fame boring, but still boring. That said, I would be perfectly fine if she came back next year. I like this dysfunctional crew of bitches.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Me, too!! I would be shocked that someone was doing that to me. So shocked that I wouldn’t say anything. I would laugh nervously.

I think that’s why Tinsley doesn’t respond more articulately to their bizarre and completely inappropriate allegations. She is stunned. They are pulling this stuff out of their a- - es.

It was mean! And it came out of left field. Bethenny goes to Barbara's "defense" to explain how her comment that Luann can't sing, was just a true, offhand statement caught on mic - and then proceeds to sucker punch her by out of nowhere using an example that Barbara has too much tanner on!! What a bitch!

And whether that was true or not, WTF - they all get so dressed up for these reunions - hair, makeup, fancy dresses - is it that hard to just say "you look nice" - or say nothing at all. The lady comes out for her five minute appearance and you promptly not only insult her to her face, you get up and put your hands on her and start physically rubbing tanner off her body - I would find that so humiliating. And all under the guise of defending Barbara's comment to Luann! The insult sort of snuck in there. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, divsc said:

I grew up with an older sister by three years, so I can guarantee that if anyone did that to me, I'd be grabbing them by their wrist and twisting as hard as I could. 

My sister was a bit of a bully (okay, a LOT of a bully) and I learned how to take care of myself at an early age.  Ms. Bethy would have found herself on her effing knees asking me to please let go. 

I've dealt with more than one drunken male asshole in a bar, I sure wouldn't hesitate with some self-entitled shrew who put her hands on me in order to try to humiliate me on national television no less. 

It would have been lovely if Barbara had grabbed that tissue out of her hand and started wiping the make-up off Beth's face!  

Keep your damned hands to yourself, I don't care who the fuck you think you are.  Male, female...don't touch what isn't yours to touch or prepare to deal with what could end up being some extremely unpleasant consequences. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
57 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

Girl. Are you telling me that BH is STILL going? I mean, how??? I gave up months ago, but am gobsmacked that the season is still running.

i THINK Reunion Part 3 is on tonite according to TV guide or maybe I’m losing my mind.  There have been so many.  Or did part 3 play already?  We’ll see.

1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

I wouldn't say that I don't LIKE Tinsley. She's perfectly nice. But, she bugs. I have zero respect for her and I'd have a hard time being around her.. She's also really boring on this show. Not Kristen of the nail polish launch and shitty husband fame boring, but still boring. That said, I would be perfectly fine if she came back next year. I like this dysfunctional crew of bitches.

We still have RH of Dallas coming in September...dont leave me hanging on that one, fellow viewers!

Yeah, I don't completely dislike Tinsley the way I completely dislike Bethenny, or Sonja, but...can I defend Kristen for one second?  She 1.) put it all out there with her highly flawed marriage to Josh (kind of reminding me of Jules), and; 2.) she stood up to Bethenny, full bitch (not part-time bitch, like Dorinda).  I know she was boring, but I have to give her props for that...

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

I grew up with an older sister by three years, so I can guarantee that if anyone did that to me, I'd be grabbing them by their wrist and twisting as hard as I could. 

My sister was a bit of a bully (okay, a LOT of a bully) and I learned how to take care of myself at an early age.  Ms. Bethy would have found herself on her effing knees asking me to please let go. 

I've dealt with more than one drunken male asshole in a bar, I sure wouldn't hesitate with some self-entitled shrew who put her hands on me in order to try to humiliate me on national television no less. 

It would have been lovely if Barbara had grabbed that tissue out of her hand and started wiping the make-up off Beth's face!  

Keep your damned hands to yourself, I don't care who the fuck you think you are.  Male, female...don't touch what isn't yours to touch or prepare to deal with what could end up being some extremely unpleasant consequences. 

Some people are so stupid and rude.  Which reminds me of my Husbands Aunt saying in front of many people “oh, you got so fat”!   Turns out my thyroid was very low, so my face was puffy as a result.  I was put on thyroid pills, and the puffiness went away.  I will never forget what she did to me and hated her ever since.  Stupid.  If you have nothing nice to say, say NOTHING.  Bethenny embarrassed Barbara, and I wouldn’t have taken it so classy.  It wasn’t even funny IMO.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Some people are so stupid and rude.  Which reminds me of my Husbands Aunt saying in front of many people “oh, you got so fat”!   Turns out my thyroid was very low, so my face was puffy as a result.  I was put on thyroid pills, and the puffiness went away.  I will never forget what she did to me and hated her ever since.  Stupid.  If you have nothing nice to say, say NOTHING.  Bethenny embarrassed Barbara, and I wouldn’t have taken it so classy.  It wasn’t even funny IMO.

No, honestly. That’s just it. It wasn’t even funny. And you know Frankel thought that up in advance. I think she was mean-girled when she was a teenager, and now she’s mean-girling because she thinks everyone loves her “humor.”

• Love 4
On 7/29/2019 at 6:23 PM, Gem 10 said:

If most people think Lu is an alcoholic, then what are the rest of them?  For sure, Dorinda and Sonja are .. they just haven’t been caught YET.  Well, maybe Sonja got a dui.

Binge drinking, blackouts, selfish behavior, drinking causing major problems, P.R., if nothing else. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Dang.  I wish when my thyroid went on the fritz all that happened was my face got puffy.  Sadly, when it happened to me, all the rest of my rebellious body followed suit and I got fluffy all over.  Still cute though.  😉

Sorry about your hubby's aunt being such a bat-wing.  Some people should be made to wear a muzzle at all times.  Maybe you can give her one for Christmas. 

Merry Christmas, Auntie Gaping Maw.   Please accept this heartfelt gift with the spirit from which it was given.  🙋‍♀️

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

Dang.  I wish when my thyroid went on the fritz all that happened was my face got puffy.  Sadly, when it happened to me, all the rest of my rebellious body followed suit and I got fluffy all over.

Me too

On 7/30/2019 at 2:18 PM, divsc said:

That made me sick.   It is pretty obvious that Barbara never fit in,  she won't be returning, and they just gave her a token appearance on the reunion.  There was no need for Bethenny to publicly humiliate her further.   I wish Barbara had retaliated in kind.    

• Love 15
On 7/29/2019 at 12:40 PM, weaver said:

You're missing one; Cornell is also an Ivy league university.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Rahul said:

You're missing one; Cornell is also an Ivy league university.

The fact that Cornell was left out made me laugh, because on Broad City (and in life, maybe?) there’s a running joke about Cornell being “the worst Ivy.”

I already miss RHONY and RHOBH. RHOA will begin in a few months, though, and hold me over into the next year. And the next (and quite possibly last) season of RHOMelbourne should begin later this year, if I’m not mistaken, so there’s some RHO viewing left in the year for me, yet.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, link417 said:

The fact that Cornell was left out made me laugh, because on Broad City (and in life, maybe?) there’s a running joke about Cornell being “the worst Ivy.”

I already miss RHONY and RHOBH. RHOA will begin in a few months, though, and hold me over into the next year. And the next (and quite possibly last) season of RHOMelbourne should begin later this year, if I’m not mistaken, so there’s some RHO viewing left in the year for me, yet.

Normally, I’d agree with you but last season of RHOA sucked because Nene dragged everything down and made it, for me, the most least enjoyable season of any real housewives of any city ever. They brought her back after her assault, so I’m done with that.

What is wrong with Bravo (well, that would be a whole other thread) - RH of Melbourne is awesome and why haven’t we been seeing the last couple of seasons in the USA.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, link417 said:

Cornell has the highest acceptance rate due to its size, but it ranks top in many disciplines including engineering, agricultural sciences, architecture, biological sciences and veterinary medicine.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Rahul said:

Cornell has the highest acceptance rate due to its size, but it ranks top in many disciplines including engineering, agricultural sciences, architecture, biological sciences and veterinary medicine.

...Okay, I guess?

On 7/29/2019 at 9:40 AM, weaver said:

3 minutes ago, Shellbell59 said:

Penn is U Penn. 

• Love 2

I know I’m REALLY late to comment but I finally got to see the complete reunion.

Donged on me that seasons ago Luann all but said she was partly responsible for the Skinny Margherita...said Bethenny owed her a car...?

Sonja should approach Luann asking for a cut of the action for ripping off (in part) her “Caburlrsque” idea..yes?

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Love 1
On 7/29/2019 at 11:12 AM, HunterHunted said:

Penn is University of Pennsylvania; it's the Ivy. Penn State is Penn State (Pennsylvania State University); it's not an Ivy.

Thank you for clarifying...that’s what I’ve always thought! ...however I was a bit confused after reading some of the comments...

I’m just a lowly Left Coast UCLA alumnus...🥴 besides full on menopausal memory issues..🤔

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

I know I’m REALLY late to comment but I finally got to see the complete reunion.

Donged on me that seasons ago Luann all but said she was partly responsible for the Skinny Margherita...said Bethenny owed her a car...?

Sonja should approach Luann asking for a cut of the action for ripping off (in part) her “Caburlrsque” idea..yes?

I am still confused about this. We saw the clip. Frankel said, “I call it the Skinny Girl’s margarita.”

Lu said, “I’ll have a Skinny Girl margarita.”

Is that why Lu thinks Frankel owes her a car?

1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I am still confused about this. We saw the clip. Frankel said, “I call it the Skinny Girl’s margarita.”

Lu said, “I’ll have a Skinny Girl margarita.”

Is that why Lu thinks Frankel owes her a car?

A season or two later Lu claimed she was there when B came up with name...Thereby making Lu feel like she was partially responsible and mentioned gettinga car for her contribution.

(maybe after B’s return to RH? Can’t quite remember)

from what I’ve been able to pull up...the initial claim/entitlement comment by Luann happens in June 2016.....

According to B... she just told Lu her idea...then later Lu made it sound as though she was a part of it....then later... I’m not sure when Lu says to someone “I should at least get a car out of it” ( paraphrasing) ...

Actually… The accusation by Luanne… Or the confrontation by Bethany happened at the end of May in 2016

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1