Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E20: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Shellbell59 said:

A season or two later Lu claimed she was there when B came up with name...Thereby making Lu feel like she was partially responsible and mentioned gettinga car for her contribution.

(maybe after B’s return to RH? Can’t quite remember)

from what I’ve been able to pull up...the initial claim/entitlement comment by Luann happens in June 2016.....

According to B... she just told Lu her idea...then later Lu made it sound as though she was a part of it....then later... I’m not sure when Lu says to someone “I should at least get a car out of it” ( paraphrasing )

I’m lo-tech...sorry but when I pulled up article it was on 

romper dot com

”did Luann delesseps think of Skinnygirl?

hopefully that will clarify what I’m trying to say......just not great at this interweb thingy 🥴

Edited by Shellbell59
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I am still confused about this. We saw the clip. Frankel said, “I call it the Skinny Girl’s margarita.”

Lu said, “I’ll have a Skinny Girl margarita.”

Is that why Lu thinks Frankel owes her a car?

I commented below think I responded to you..🤷‍♀️

Anyway it will give more info on Luann’s claims 

• Love 1

The car entitlement idea came from Heather Thomson. She said that she gave a car to her colleague that helped her start Yummy Tummy. That"s when Lu claimed she helped name SK, and shouldn't she deserve a car too. At least that's what I remember. I thought it was a joke. She doesn't really expect B, raised by wolves, building her empire with no help, lost at sea, to give her a car, does she? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

The car entitlement idea came from Heather Thomson. She said that she gave a car to her colleague that helped her start Yummy Tummy. That"s when Lu claimed she helped name SK, and shouldn't she deserve a car too. At least that's what I remember. I thought it was a joke. She doesn't really expect B, raised by wolves, building her empire with no help, lost at sea, to give her a car, does she? 

I think that Lu thinks that she is entitled to have/get whatever she wants or desires. There are no bounds to how much she thinks that she deserves. 

• Love 12
On 8/4/2019 at 8:16 PM, SweetieDarling said:

It was a joke.

She was playing off the vibe in the moment cause Heather and Carole where being playful.

Afterwords Lu would speak on it with more seriousness once she realized it was a sore spot with Beth and Beth used to come at her about it. To me, whenever Lu ever spoke about her "contribution" I took it as her just saying it to piss Beth off, not that she actually believed she had anything to do with it. She would always manipulate the conversation to say something "yeah, I was there when you came up with the official name" or "I was the first one to officially order the skinny girl margarita". She would frame it in a way that would suggest just enough involvement to annoy the fuck out of Beth.  I never thought she was truly trying to take credit but as time went one her comments were more and more leaning towards wanting credit but again I really think it was more Lu taking a piss at Beth. Sorta like, "ok bitch, you always want to make this nonsense a big deal then fine, yeah I want a car cause I was there when you named it".. LOL.

Just to see Beth's head spin. Lu's got that underhanded snarkiness. And I was always here for it. LOL!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Just to see Beth's head spin. Lu's got that underhanded snarkiness. And I was always here for it. LOL!

I saw it exactly the same way.  It was awesome to see Bethy's head spin and spit green pea soup every time Lu brought it up, which is exactly why Lu brought it up.  Between friends, it could be silly teasing, but Bethy went ballistic so Lu knew it was a sore spot and made the most of it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, izabella said:

I saw it exactly the same way.  It was awesome to see Bethy's head spin and spit green pea soup every time Lu brought it up, which is exactly why Lu brought it up.  Between friends, it could be silly teasing, but Bethy went ballistic so Lu knew it was a sore spot and made the most of it.

Beth is the one that stretched that whole thing waaaayyyy too far. I think it was mostly Heather than even started the narrative. Poking at Beth to give Lu some kind of royalties. I'm not even sure if Lu was even around for the beginning of Heather ribbing Beth but I know once Lu became aware of the joshing she was all about joining in and joking as well. Beth however took EVERYTHING about that exchange 100% literal and from then on Beth had the "Lu tried to take credit" outrage in her arsenal and brought it up whenever possible. 

I found it absolutely incredulous how Beth turned it into an "official feud" she's had with Lu. Like, please bitch. That was nothing til you spread it around that Lu made these claims seriously when she really didn't. Beth took the whole exchange out of context and turned into something else completely. Something that, as usual, she could launch towards Lu whenever she was mad at her about anything.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Man, I would love to see the clip when Lu and Beth order the margarita and the clip where Heather brings it up at Lu's estate sale. And of course the clip where Beth completely misses the joke Heathers trying to make. Remember Beth wasn't a big fan of Heather then either so she was inclined to receive anything Heather said with negative connotations. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5

Tins was the only one that didn't get up and fake hug Barbra. I like Tins. 

Andy loathed how everyone ran over to hug Barbara - he makes money off these idiots and pretends to "like" some of them, but clearly sees through their camera-thirsty ways. He made a comment that showed how exasperated he was with the show-offey hug pile-on.

We need a term that characterizes the fake sincerity these women spin out to each other. They genuinely dislike each other, but when confronted with nasty behavior, they quickly default to the teary-eyed, quivery voiced "I've sacrificed everything as your friend. I tried hard to get to know you. You aren't being genuine..." Passive-aggressive isn't strong enough - we need a special term for these clowns.

Across all of the housewife franchises, there isn't a generous bone in their collectively sucked, tucked, implanted, starved Botoxed bodies. I think Tinsley may be the rare exception, though lord knows she has significant issues.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Across all of the housewife franchises, there isn't a generous bone in their collectively sucked, tucked, implanted, starved Botoxed bodies. I think Tinsley may be the rare exception, though lord knows she has significant issues.

And Stephanie on RH of Dallas

• Love 5
17 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

We need a term that characterizes the fake sincerity these women spin out to each other. They genuinely dislike each other, but when confronted with nasty behavior, they quickly default to the teary-eyed, quivery voiced "I've sacrificed everything as your friend. I tried hard to get to know you. You aren't being genuine..." Passive-aggressive isn't strong enough - we need a special term for these clowns.

Weaponized pseudo-compassion. Weaponized compassion probably works too.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 9