Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/17/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, jackjill89 said:

On Monday, Whoopi commented on Bella Thorne having nude photos hacked. She said that if you are famous, you shouldn't take nude photos, because you may get hacked. There was no shaming, none of that. It was so banal -- especially since it has happened time and time again to famous people. If you're famous and you take naked pix, don't be shocked if you get hacked so if you don't want your private naked photos hacked, don't take them. 

Bella has since posted this overwrought video where she is crying and saying "shame on you" over and over to Whoopi and equated it to her saying if she dressed provocatively in a club and got raped she deserved it. It was so over the top and so completely not what was said and Bella has cancelled her upcoming View appearance and I really want the ladies to address this because I found it all so over the top. 

I wanted them to address it too but then i didn't because it would give Bella the attention she craves. She's grabbing at straws in order to sell books.

I jump at the chance to point out things Whoopi does or says wrong, but I see nothing wrong with what she said about Bella.

Btw, I'm not a celebrity but I still refuse to take naked pics for fear of them getting in the wrong hands. Never will I ever...

16 minutes ago, Lifesabeach said:

I have the same kind of ‘open your mouth and things drop from your brain and out your mouth’ condition.  Usually I think it’s pretty clever or witty, but some of my friends don’t always. 🤪🙃. That’s my roll, and my TBI.

I hate it when that happens.  Snowflakes 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:
4 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

Welp I guess this is a good time to share my favorite MM gif. If she wants to be an asshole on National TV she can go for it. And here is MM in all her grace and composure:145B13CA-176B-41F3-A839-9D859883597B.gif.b8518dd2d5941fb38a2b16ea3fb5849e.gif

Oh my GOD!  she looks like one of the honey-boo-boo clan there, with her facial expressions.

Mable, Mable, if you are able, get your breasts up off the table.

• LOL 17
  • Love 3

I don’t like pictures of me with my clothes on so I don’t get sending nude pictures.  

Everything Whoopi said was  right.  Not just about famous people.  Not long ago the view reported on students having nude pictures of a female teacher.   She had sent them to her boyfriend at the time.  No one knew how the students got the pictures.  

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I noticed that Sunny did not go along with the farce today as mandated by the producers, she said that some viewers would be appalled with Megan's language. Sunny is truly over Megan and I find that to be encouraging.  

I appreciated her saying what she said.  Regardless of how fine Joy/MM are with calling each other bitches, many viewers are not fine with it.  And it has nothing to do with being snowflakes, it's about wanting to hear intelligent and mature conversation about different points of view vs yelling and personal sniping.  

Also noticed that Sunny said during the discussion about AOC/concentration camps comments that she and MM never agree on anything, but she agrees with MM on that point.   Sunny is completely over MM and is not even trying to hide it.  

Edited by After7Only
  • Love 21

The View is the epitome of a toxic work environment.  Meghan's personality is more toxic than Love Canal.  Princess of Arizona, The Terrible must be an absolute nightmare behind the scenes, where her antics are not being broadcast.  I mean, look how awful she is when she is on air with millions of people watching her.   I really need for some stage hand or intern to record her antic and put them online.  I bet staff member's are flocking to human resources for PTSD counseling.  Hell, they probably have an after hours Survivors of Meghan support group that offers a 24hr hotline.  Meghan needs to be fired.

• Love 19
35 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I appreciated her saying what she said.  Regardless of how fine Joy/MM are with calling each other bitches, many viewers are not fine with it.  And it has nothing to do with being snowflakes, it's about wanting to hear intelligent and mature conversation about different points of view vs yelling and personal sniping.  

Exactly. There may be some inside-joke level to their interactions,  but we're not in on the joke. It's not really "precious" to expect respectful conversations in a professional environment. Also, the "precious" accusation comes from the same person who wants a Partcipation Trophy for Having to Deal With People Who Disagree With Her (although she is paid to do so)--that, to me, is the most mind-boggling part of this.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, General Days said:

14944884_ScreenShot2019-06-19at1_24_34PM.png.9c7923907a9780bdee04c27346159425.png

I couldn't fit all 3 pictures in the earlier post. Here's a shot of the headband.

I also couldn't upload @17wheatthins favorite Meghan GIF because of size limits, even though it was the first thing I tried to upload, and I snagged it from her post in the first place.

Holy sh*t. I think I had that hair band...when I was, oh, about seven. Not a good look with all her hair pulled back like that. Made her head look like an egg.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I am not sure how I feel about today's show.

I thought Howie Mandell was a good distraction and funny too.  

I wondered why that boy's acceptance from Harvard was newsworthy.  It happens.  Plus since it is consistent to what they have done in the past plus it is a private university.  If this was just a one off, then yes talk about how they are discriminating against a gun-toting, somewhat racists person, but it's not.  So - move on.

I was really surprised by MM's reaction to Joy.  MM said that it's not that the orange guy's supporters necessarily like him.  They dislike/hate the same things that the orange guy does.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, carrps said:

Holy sh*t. I think I had that hair band...when I was, oh, about seven. Not a good look with all her hair pulled back like that. Made her head look like an egg.

That headband is ADORABLE! 

For a flower girl at a wedding.  

8 minutes ago, pinguina said:

I was really surprised by MM's reaction to Joy.  MM said that it's not that the orange guy's supporters necessarily like him.  They dislike/hate the same things that the orange guy does.

Like - Mexicans, Blacks, women, transgender people, gays. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, Haleth said:

In other words, Tuesday.

He did?  I didn't know that.  He was a great actor. 😪

Miguel kept appearing on NCIS: LA while he was ill for as long as his body would apparently allow. It was sad seeing him fade away more and more with each episode he was in near the end. 

(edited)
18 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Megan must be really disappointed that she took the focus of AOC and the very far left. 

While I may not agree with AOC using concentration camps to describe what is going on at the border, she is right to sound the alarm on what is going on. Dehumanizing people has dangerous consequences..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, JayD83 said:

Exactly, but I know I'm about to take that bitch's advice (if she can call Joy one, I'm damn sure gonna call her one) and stop watching.  I have better things to do at 11AM. 

I really want another Hasselback/O'Donnell split screen but with MEEghan and Joy.  And I want it to go down!  Maybe they need to get Sunny and Ana in on that split screen with Joy and let Dead Dad McCain have it!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Like - Mexicans, Blacks, women, transgender people, gays. 

Yes -

I meant to add that Joy's question was not confrontational nor angry nor LOUD.  It was a follow up question to MM's claim that orange guy's supporters dislike/hate what the orange guy dislikes/hate.  Her question was just a calm - What does the orange guy hate?  THEN MM went off the rails!  Her reaction was just so over the top to what Joy asked.  And I think the answer MM was trying not to face was exactly what you said, Tinkerbell.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

Miguel kept appearing on NCIS: LA while he was ill for as long as his body would apparently allow. It was sad seeing him fade away more and more with each episode he was in near the end. 

Miguel also kept appearing on Twin Peaks until very near the end.  Some days it was so hard for him to speak (throat cancer) that they had him dub his lines when his voice was stronger.  It was very sad to watch, but I think he was trying to build up the nest egg for his family and he loved acting.  He was a great actor.

• Love 7

Something that got missed in all of the craziness today, was when Sunny noted that there are Jewish organizations that didn't criticize AOC's characterization of what is happening as concentration camps.  I think this was after NutMeg rattled off those who were upset from her blue card.  When Sunny mentioned hers, NutMeg snarled that you can always find someone to take the opposite view (or words to that effect).  HAHAHA!!!  My she lacks self awareness.  Anyhow, Joy had asked who this person was that Sunny was quoting.  It turns his mom is a big Joy Behar fan.  So he tweeted Sunny and it is an interesting thread.

Now I am not an expert on concentration camps, but I think NutMeg is not all that well informed.  Concentration camps doesn't equal extermination camps.  It did under the Nazis.  And it did under other horrible regimes.  But concentration camps, also called work camps, interment camps existed in several countries.  I think they were trying to make that point.

• Love 14

Here he references Joy and the View, which is kind of cute.  You'll have to go to Twitter to read the thread, but the fact is that NutMeg just dismissed Sunny even bringing up his comments, and yet it was entirely relevant.

• Love 5

After Sunny explained why one group of Jews were not offended by the use of the words "concentration camp", Meghan pooh-poohed it by sneering something like "oh, anyone can come up with anecdotes" … and then proceeded to read another anecdote off her blue card.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

The View has become so unpleasant. Anyone else finding it difficult to finish episodes?

I wish they could find a panel that liked each other AND can discuss politics.

I DVR the show and lately I just watch the hot topics, if there's a guest I am interested in I'll watch, but always stop at the "View Your Deal" segment.

But it's uncomfortable to watch now.  Meghan's remark that viewers can stop watching if they don't like it and Joy's comment about The Talk makes me feel like they are a bunch of phonies.  If this is all for ratings, I feel kind of "had."  And I'm no prude but no, I really don't want to see/hear women calling each other bitches.  I thought that was beneath them, but I guess not. 

Meghan is incapable of participating in a political discussion with people who disagree with her.  Joy said nothing to warrant her outburst.  Meghan is a pushy bully. I see this situation only getting worse as we get closer to the 2020 election.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, bannana said:

Now I am not an expert on concentration camps, but I think NutMeg is not all that well informed.  Concentration camps doesn't equal extermination camps.  It did under the Nazis.  And it did under other horrible regimes.  But concentration camps, also called work camps, interment camps existed in several countries.  I think they were trying to make that point.

Joy was trying to make that point but Megan was triggered and hysterical by hearing AOC's name.  Gulag is another form of a concentration camp where people are worked to death.. For most people concentration camps are synonymous with the extermination camps of the Jews by the Nazis. I just feel that AOC needs to realize she is the target of the right and she needs to choose her words wisely. 

• Love 10

Okay. I admit that I am not a regular viewer; used to be.  There is an internet thing that goes around periodically about what news person/anchor/politician has the most "punchable" face.  I have always thought that about Megan McC.  She juts her chin out and basically asks for it..I cannot cannot stand her.  This is not recent...ever since she has forced herself on the public I have wanted to slap her silly.  (I am not really advocating violence)

I am from the days when Barbara Walters was hosting The Today Show with Hugh Downs; I've seen the good and bad with tv and I have to tell you.  The View is basically a Housewives/Trump Apprentice show at this point.  Yelling, screaming, insults.  I think someone above mentioned Jerry Springer?  Spot on.

Life is stressful enough in these times; we (well, I) just can't bring myself to watch tenseness, anger and shrieking before lunch.  Sadly this is what a good bit of television has turned into and whatever network airs The View (ABC?) is laughing all the way to the bank.  Miss McC has been a disastrous hire and has (in my humble opinion) ruined the show and the give-and-take of the hosts.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
19 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Okay. I admit that I am not a regular viewer; used to be.  There is an internet thing that goes around periodically about what news person/anchor/politician has the most "punchable" face.  I have always thought that about Megan McC.  She juts her chin out and basically asks for it..I cannot cannot stand her.  This is not recent...ever since she has forced herself on the public I have wanted to slap her silly.  (I am not really advocating violence)

I am from the days when Barbara Walters was hosting The Today Show with Hugh Downs; I've seen the good and bad with tv and I have to tell you.  The View is basically a Housewives/Trump Apprentice show at this point.  Yelling, screaming, insults.  I think someone above mentioned Jerry Springer?  Spot on.

Life is stressful enough in these times; we (well, I) just can't bring myself to watch tenseness, anger and shrieking before lunch.  Sadly this is what a good bit of television has turned into and whatever network airs The View (ABC?) is laughing all the way to the bank.  Miss McC has been a disastrous hire and has (in my humble opinion) ruined the show and the give-and-take of the hosts.   

I was just coming here to basically say the same thing.  I've been watching The View on and off since the beginning.  I realized today that what is missing is the "class" of the early days with Meredith Vierra, Barbara and the others.  Sure, there were differences of opinion, but it was an interesting, relaxing way to spend an hour.  Not any more.

Note to Meghan:  There's a saying, money can't buy class, and that is certainly true in your case.  

Meghan says she watches and loves the Housewives programs.  She is trying to turn what USED to be a classy show into The Real Housewives of The View.  Sad.  She enjoys seeing The Kardashians calling each other bitches.  She's ruining the show for me. ABC may think they are generating ratings, and maybe they are, but they are also going to lose viewers, I predict.

• Love 15

Wasn’t The View named the most important political show or something to that effect? I remember them showing the magazine cover and Meghan stepping in to take credit for the win. Lol. Anyway, it just got me thinking how can you have a show where the first segment is the hosts calling each other bitches and then the presidential candidate or a senator comes out to have a serious interview on policy. I’m no prude, I could make a sailor blush but it lowers the tone of the show and cheapens it. Men wouldn’t get away with that either, calling each other aholes and bastards and then skiing a candidate how we can all work together and restore civility and compassion. Lol it’s absurd. It’s hard to take the moral high road with an interviewee too if they’ve just watched you call your coworker a bitch on live tv. It’s only a matter of time before a guest takes the liberty to fling it back and then whoopi might as well throw on a black polo and stand to the side like Steve Wilkos with a whistle and a spray bottle. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Joy was trying to make that point but Megan was triggered and hysterical by hearing AOC's name.  Gulag is another form of a concentration camp where people are worked to death.. For most people concentration camps are synonymous with the extermination camps of the Jews by the Nazis. I just feel that AOC needs to realize she is the target of the right and she needs to choose her words wisely. 

No matter what AOC says or does they will criticize her.  Remember the cute dance video she made in college?  They criticize her for that. She is a young smart strong women Megan’s tribe does not like that.  

• Love 18

Excuse me, can I just say, I need to talk, what is with Mee-gan's now putting her hands and arms under her 50 lb. boobs to support them on the air? What in the hell is that all about. That bitch really bothered me today, and she can take her stupid flower crown and her cactus and just boff herself into a tither somewhere else.  🍀

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
(edited)
On 6/18/2019 at 11:37 AM, Alexis2291 said:

Is Willie Nelson okay? 

I wondered that, too. He's had some health issues the last few years, and that has led to some cancelled shows here and there (including last year). Which, given that he's 86, is totally understandable. That said, I'm not used to hearing his voice like this. Old stoner or not, it concerned me. He didn't sound like this when he was on the show last October. He may very well have just been tired, but his voice sounded...off enough for me to notice. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Excuse me, can I just say, I need to talk, what is with Mee-gan's now putting her hands and arms under her 50 lb. boobs to support them on the air? What in the hell is that all about. That bitch really bothered me today, and she can take her stupid flower crown and her cactus and just boff herself into a tither somewhere else.  🍀

She’s gained a lot of weight this past year.  She probably needs new bras.  

When Howie asked if everyone was okay I was expecting something uncomfortable about the last segment.  He asked Whoopi if she had a heart problem  ( ? Can’t remember exact term ) and she said  I don’t know yet.  I must have missed when she talked about that.  Hopefully she is taking care of herself.  One good thing she could do for her heart is stop yelling welcome to the view 27 times. That’s gotta be exhausting.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

Meghan says she watches and loves the Housewives programs.  She is trying to turn what USED to be a classy show into The Real Housewives of The View.  Sad.  She enjoys seeing The Kardashians calling each other bitches.  She's ruining the show for me. ABC may think they are generating ratings, and maybe they are, but they are also going to lose viewers, I predict.

Exactly. Meghan thinks she is there to play a role, the lone, picked-on poor little conservative shitstirrer. And the way they all brushed off her outburst today made it seem like an admission that it's all just scripted reality, not a news/talk show. Very disappointing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 6/18/2019 at 11:45 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Joy is right it is Mitch's senate and not ours.  Megan got all bitchy with Joy for saying that Kentucky should vote him out. That will not happen because Kentucky is gerrymandered and the voter suppression of the Democratic electorate in that state. 

The gubernatorial race in KY this year is already neck and neck, though, so Joy may have a point. Or at least a reason for wishful thinking, lol. 

I was in shock when Meghan said "SHE'S DEAD!" when Joy mentioned how her old friend Rosemary Clooney was from there. Between that and the "bitch" comment today, I'm surprised Joy has avoided smacking her. That's some Job level restraint right there. 

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Excuse me, can I just say, I need to talk, what is with Mee-gan's now putting her hands and arms under her 50 lb. boobs to support them on the air? What in the hell is that all about. 

Clearly, she's taking @GiveMeSpace 's advice seen in the quote below...

4 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Mable, Mable, if you are able, get your breasts up off the table.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
(edited)

You know who is getting shit faced drunk tonight?  Sunny, that's who!  Have ALL the wine, Sunny.  You deserve it for being the only class act on that set today.  She is too damn good for this show.  Same reason why I didn't want Ana to join this shit fest.  This show is so far beneath them.

Edited by Cementhead
wording
  • Love 12

I didn't see the nasty exchange between Joy and MM. But, if MM still regards Lindsey Graham as her uncle, then we can certainly surmise that she is a trumper. Did Uncle Lindsey defend her father against the horrible attacks by trump? Nope, he golfed with him, and now thinks trump is just peachy in spite of all the criticisms  he said during the campaign. MM and Graham are such big hypocrites. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm on Joy's side on this.  I think she was really taken aback by Meghan's attack, and her muttering, "Watch The Talk," was her attempt to diffuse the situation with a joke.

Joy bringing up The Talk reminding me of something that happened back in England during the Mid 00's (cannot remember what program it was annoyingly)

A New Co-Host was brought in as a way to try & get ratings up,but the Co-host that was already there did not enjoy working with them,so would mention their rivals shows in hope they would lose viewers & the newbie would be seen as a failure - it did cross my mind could Joy be trying a similar tatic? (IE If you dont like MM go watch the talk,so if the ratings get affected the producers might finally do something about her)

I Dont think MM & Joys fued is fully staged,as wasn't it during EH interview joy let slip her & Megham had fought backstage?

• Love 7
9 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

So who is the snowflake Joy referred to?

ETA: probably Candace.

I originally thought it was Elisabeth, but that would make more sense. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Meghan said, “it’s almost 2020, and women can debate on TV in a spirited way without it being personal.”.

😂🤷🏼‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I don't think Meghan knows the meaning of the word "debate."  Because what she was doing was NOT debating.  Basically, if she says trump supporters like him because he hates the things they hate, and she is asked to explain what those "things (or people)  they hate - a debater needs to defend the statement, NOT accuse the opponent of being ANGRY. 

1 minute ago, OnTime said:

So who was the co host that got lathered up about saying bitch? 

Has to be Candace.   SHe got lathered up pretty easily. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I just rewatched it on the clip up thread. What the hell did Meghan mean , that she and Joy are true believers?

I think she meant that they are die hard members of their respective political parties. Not to give her too much credit, of course, but that's what I took it to mean. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

The View has become so unpleasant. Anyone else finding it difficult to finish episodes?

I wish they could find a panel that liked each other AND can discuss politics.

The closet they came to that was: Whoopi, Joy, Sonny, Sara, and Jed. Whoopi didn't like Jed and obviously has something against Sonny but she'll never like any panel so I'm not counting her. 

Sonny, Sara, and Jed are still extremely close friends. Jed said that they were the first she called when she found out she was preggers a couple months ago. 

If they stuck with that panel and Whoopi quit like she originally was going to they could replace someone more enthusiastic and it would be perfection.

• Love 6