Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/17/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Monday, June 17 
Eva Longoria and Roselyn Sánchez (ABC’s “Grand Hotel”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices 

Tuesday, June 18 
Willie Nelson (“Ride Me Back Home”); Dax Shepard (“Spin the Wheel”)

Wednesday, June 19 
Howie Mandel (“America’s Got Talent” and “Deal or No Deal”)

Thursday, June 20 
Nik Wallenda (ABC’s “Highwire Live in Times Square with Nik Wallenda”)

Friday, June 21 
 Ayesha Curry (ABC’s “Family Food Fight”); “Feel Good Friday: View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 4

Canadians - heads up - if you normally record the show on a Canadian channel, The View is pre-empted tomorrow in many time zones due to the Raptors parade.  So set it to record on ABC on Monday.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

What college did Nutty go to, again?   Because she just said "It was me and my husband's decision...... "    Seriously?    I'm no English major, but shouldn't it have been "It was my husband's and my decision...." ?    

I know this is probably nit-picky, but she's so quick to tout herself and her education and how smart and tough she is, it makes me happy inside to take her down a peg or two.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
(edited)

Ok.. I lasted 4 minutes.  Mentioned dad about wanting distraction (at least she did not bring up her #deaddaddy thing she tweeted out) to me that was just asking to wallow.  Now she is addicted to wanting laughs...she keeps trying to add her little one liners thing ( they are not funny then she laughs at herself)..

Finally WTF derailing the conversation to discuss her fear of Ebola! Off went TV.

Also I dont want to see it because I just KNOW she will eventually today talk about #deaddaddy and the  trending of JOhnMccain day last Friday on 45's birthday.

I'll check back on later and listen to you brave souls who are stronger than me.

Edited by Poohbear617
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Meghan was majorly up-talking during that Vegas discussion.  "I had the best time ever????"  "You guys should come with me???"  I would have died if Whoopi had stepped in with her Valley girl talk.  But like @Alexis2291 said, none of them seemed to give two shits about the topic, so Whoopi couldn't even be bothered.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

Big Meg seems to be back in charge of the show today.  First, Whoopie asks what everyone did over the weekend, only Meg is given the opportunity to speak.  Then, after another topic is discussed, Whoopie asks if they want to continue the topic after the ad and Meg says, no, she's good, and that's that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
Just now, Bronzedog said:

Big Meg seems to be back in charge of the show today.  First, Whoopie asks what everyone did over the weekend, only Meg is given the opportunity to speak.  Then, after another topic is discussed, Whoopie asks if they want to continue the topic after the ad and Meg says, no, she's good, and that's that.

And then Sunny starts to respond, and Whoopi says, "you can't say no and then start to talk about the topic," or something, and they go to commercial break. I didn't hear Sunny say she didn't want to discuss the topic further after the commercial break, though...

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

You know,  I really hate it when Whoppi makes that uncomfortable look up and pretends to say something deep or philosophical whenever they do an obituary. Just weird. 

Edited by rickhurst3186
Clarification
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
25 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She went to Columbia. She was not an English major. 

I didn't go to college at all.   But we were taught sentence structure in the 8th grade.  I don't think they teach anything remotely like that at all today, and it shows.  

• Love 20
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I’m surprised Meg did not bring up #deaddadsclub wrt Anderson Cooper losing his mother. 

But then she'd have to acknowledge someone else has lost a parent, and, we all know her loss is worse and the only one that matters.

Plus, Anderson's loss is brand new and people may feel worse for him.  Can't take the chance.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 5
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sarah Sanders is a liar and she is gone. I hope we never hear from her again. I could say more but I would get in trouble since it was not covered today on the show. 

There was talk of trump wanting her to run for governor of Arkansas.   That little tidbit elicited some giggles and groans in the audience.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
(edited)

Meghan kept her mouth shut during the conversation about children and parents being separated at the border and the reasons they're fleeing in the first place. Once again, she's usually careful not to mouth off to black and brown guests, particularly women.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan kept her mouth shut during the conversation about children and parents being separated at the border and the reasons they're fleeing in the first place. Once again, she's usually careful not to mouth off to black and brown women, with the exception of Ana.

What could she say to counter what they said. Plus, her blue cards did not have anything for her to dispute their claims.  Yet, she will scream she is pro-life...Children are being damaged for life and she does not give a damn.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

When Meghan said the whole table should go to Vegas, the conversation became... awkward. Even Whoopi didn't seem interested in the idea. Hell, I can't blame any of them for not taking her up on that offer. 😂

I giggled when Meghan said she "drank her weight" in alcohol in Vegas, followed by the importance of dealing with grief in a healthy way. Hey, I enjoy a stiff drink every now and then myself, but it's certainly not a "healthy" way to deal with grief or stress - certainly not in the long run. 

if i hear her talk about grief one more time I'm gonna explode. Like yes I feel bad your father died but if you wanna talk about grief so much why not work with mental health advocates and use your billions to start a grief program instead of just talking about yourself when its irrelevant or unnecessary. 

If she really cared about grief she would do this to help others. What she really cares about is talking about herself. Its clear she enjoys the attention and pity. 

Again, Im not trying to be insensitive as I do genuinely feel bad for anyone in that situation.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

I didn't go to college at all.   But we were taught sentence structure in the 8th grade.  I don't think they teach anything remotely like that at all today, and it shows.  

I didn't either, but Meghan went to a prestigious Catholic high school in Phoenix.  SURELY, she had to use sentence structure, grammar, etc. that she learned at her fancy Phoenix Country Day School--or be corrected for her errors.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

She went to Columbia. She was not an English major. 

But she did finish fifth grade.

1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

I'm no English major, but shouldn't it have been "It was my husband's and my decision...." ?    

These days we're lucky she didn't say, "My husband and I's decision,"....

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

These days we're lucky she didn't say, "My husband and I's decision,"...

I know!!   Lol.    And I have heard that before, as you probably have, too.   And by 'heard', I mean by talking heads on television, who should know better.   Whenever I hear things like that, I say to Mr. Rain, "Well, obviously he/she didn't  go to ********Junior High".   I honestly got the best damn education in my town's junior high.   English grammar; sentence structure; creative writing; Ancient History; Civics.   And at that age, I was still interested in actual learning, instead of the party scene of high school.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
34 minutes ago, ari333 said:

This is shallow of me, but they looked sick or tired today (Monday)

Whoopi was definitely phoning it in. More than she normally does, of course. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

LadyRain, you are the queen of all things....you win the internet today for your comment, I laughed so hard  I almost did a spit take all over my very old laptop, which would have blown it up. So Funny, thank you, I shall skip the show today and get my adult coloring book out instead (not really, those things are truly stupid).  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

When Meghan said the whole table should go to Vegas, the conversation became... awkward. Even Whoopi didn't seem interested in the idea. Hell, I can't blame any of them for not taking her up on that offer. 😂

I blame Whoopi for the awkwardness. The camera stayed on her for a good amount of time. I think she was supposed to transition to the first real topic, but, being Whoopi, she brain-farted and created an awkward silence that the ladies filled in with random Vegas comments.

I've been watching since well before Whoopi came onboard and I don't remember the show ever filming in Vegas. Is Whoopi lying to me again?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I've been watching since well before Whoopi came onboard and I don't remember the show ever filming in Vegas. Is Whoopi lying to me again?

The View has went to Vegas before. It was  Whoopi.,Joy Elisabeth, Sherri. and Barbara were there.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

The View has went to Vegas before. It was before Whoopi.  Meredith, Star, Joy Elisabeth and Barbara were there.

Looked it up. It was in 2004. From an article prior to the show:

Among the guests who will be appearing on "The View" when the ABC daytime talker comes to Vegas from Feb. 16 to Feb. 20 will be Elton John, Meg Ryan, Jerry Lewis and Dave Navarro and Carmen Electra.

Show stars Meredith Vieira, Star Jones, Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Barbara Walters will be broadcasting poolside from Caesars Palace.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Looked it up. It was in 2004. From an article prior to the show:

Among the guests who will be appearing on "The View" when the ABC daytime talker comes to Vegas from Feb. 16 to Feb. 20 will be Elton John, Meg Ryan, Jerry Lewis and Dave Navarro and Carmen Electra.

Show stars Meredith Vieira, Star Jones, Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Barbara Walters will be broadcasting poolside from Caesars Palace.

They were there a second time.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I honestly got the best damn education in my town's junior high.   English grammar; sentence structure; creative writing; Ancient History; Civics.   And at that age, I was still interested in actual learning, instead of the party scene of high school.  

My sisters, friends, and I have said (too often) that our elementary school education 1-8) was so good (ALL the basics) that we would have done just fine in most/many jobs, as parents, and good reliable citizens if we had to leave school after 7th grade.  Well...as long as we didn't carry chips on our shoulders.  We could probably have passed a GED exam too in 7th grade.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
41 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I blame Whoopi for the awkwardness. The camera stayed on her for a good amount of time. I think she was supposed to transition to the first real topic, but, being Whoopi, she brain-farted and created an awkward silence that the ladies filled in with random Vegas comments.

Not today Lady 😎  Joy corroborated Vegas.  But that was a timewhen nothong was digitech.....time for them to reup

• Love 4
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

LadyRain, you are the queen of all things....you win the internet today for your comment, I laughed so hard  I almost did a spit take all over my very old laptop, which would have blown it up. So Funny, thank you, I shall skip the show today and get my adult coloring book out instead (not really, those things are truly stupid).  

Well, not really.  They gave us activities we could do together with Nonnie (Grandmother name haha). I have to take extra books and pencils for others in the facility. 

The other reason i like them is they do have a calming effect.  On me anyway. I am totally devoid of any artistic talents, not even a hair.  (Thanks Sis, who got them all lol)(it couldnt have been shared amongst the sisters, nooookkk  LOL) ok i digressed.  A lot of those books have beauitiful patterns, fractals, kaleidoscopes.  One thing i can do is stay in the lines, and pick color palettes hee.

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I’m surprised Meg did not bring up #deaddadsclub wrt Anderson Cooper losing his mother. 

But Meghan thinks there is no love greater than Daddy's love for one of his three daughters ;s

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

I may be totally off base, but I seem to remember one time when they were airing from Las Vegas when Barbara was still on the show they had an up and coming young artist on who went by the odd name of Lady Gaga.

(It may have been someone else.  Dang old age memory!)

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

She was probably doodling pictures of guns and Jack Daniels bottles during English class.

😂🤣

4 hours ago, falltime said:

They should have an actual far far left person as a guest co-host. I want to see how MM would react.

I would love to have AOC on the show again. She could mop the floor with Megabitch.

• Love 15

Whoopi's dismissive attitude toward Sunny (like saying she missed the point when she's actually just steering the convo into a more important point or rolling her eyes and looking away when she's speaking) is making this show unwatchable for me. Almost as bad as Meghan. Also, her attitude of not caring and not wanting to be there. I know she was about to leave a season or two ago. She should have. Its time for an excited  moderator who knows what they're talking about. I'll take Rosie at this point haha.

Also, call me stupid but why does this show need so many commercials. Do they not have money? and why do they dedicate 10 minutes to informercials. I don't think it was always like this

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Tammee said:

A lot of those books have beauitiful patterns, fractals, kaleidoscopes.  One thing i can do is stay in the lines, and pick color palettes hee.

I have friends who do them with beautiful results.  They have all kinds of pencils--including watercolor pencils. Lots of tricks; lots of blending...but for me, the enjoyment comes seeing those who can "pick color palettes." (P.S. I've given two away to a friend because I'd rather read or watch TV...and I'm not talented enough to color at the same time.) 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

😂🤣

I would love to have AOC on the show again. She could mop the floor with Megabitch.

I'd love for a packed audience of AOC supporters to boo Meghan and/or Abby for constantly misquoting and misrepresenting her. She's knock those two and Whoopi out so fast they won't even know what happened.

• Love 15